PDA

View Full Version : No joke, we should at least reach out to Curry after this Kerr interview

hitmantb
06-16-2017, 09:50 PM
Kerr, his own coach doesn't think Curry is top 3 in the NBA. A player of that caliber may look like he doesn't care, but deep inside there is fire.

Curry is the one Cavs doubles and has far better +/- than anyone in the NBA, plus back-to-back MVPs.

His ability to create space makes EVERYONE look better than they really are, that team is nothing without him.

Curry/Kwahi would instantly put Spurs as the #1 favorite,The Beautiful Game of 2014 at even a higher level. A big reason we are no longer capable of 2014 Spurs basketball is the decline of Tony, and Curry is easily twice as good as 2014 Tony.

Zach Lowe: “You said KD was right there with Lebron. When I interviewed you between games 2 and 3, you said we’re getting the second best player in the world; it’s a no brainer. You think Steph cares about that? I’m kind of surprised you said that because Steph is the two time reigning MVP, and I feel like everyone has sort of collectively forgotten how good he is.
Like, he was amazing in the Finals. He was really good in the Finals two years ago for which he gets no credit. When you say something like that publicly do you worry Steph is going to be ‘hey what about me?’ or is he just, it doesn’t matter to him?”

Steve Kerr: "If I worried about it, I wouldn’t say it. That’s the beauty of Steph. He doesn’t take that stuff personally. He understands it. Steph is one of the great players in the world. Two time MVP, incredibly dominant in terms of the way he impacts the game. But, you’re talking about Kevin Durant at 6’11 protecting the rim, getting to the line, doing whatever he wants to do. There’s a different level of impact that is actually possible for Steph and for KD. Steph is my size. He’s literally my size. So, what he’s capable of is all based on his amazing skill. He can’t do anything about being 6’3 and a buck seventy-five. So, in the playoffs especially when you’re having to protect the rim and do so many different things. There has to be a level of physicality that factors in when you’re having these conversations about who’s the best player in the league. And that’s why Lebron is there, that’s why Kawhi is there, that’s why KD is there. That combination of skill and physicality".

Ice009
06-16-2017, 10:42 PM
Fuck, I'd give him a call just for the heck of it.

I mean, his Dad and him were pissed of with the Nike presentation when they still had a picture of KD (how ironic now that he's joined the team) in the slides (I assume they re-used a similar presentation). They were also pronouncing his first name wrong, so they felt disrespected and told Nike "no".

sasaint
06-16-2017, 10:48 PM
Fuck, I'd give him a call just for the heck of it.

I mean, his Dad and him were pissed of with the Nike presentation when they still had a picture of KD (how ironic now that he's joined the team) in the slides (I assume they re-used a similar presentation). They were also pronouncing his first name wrong, so they felt disrespected and told Nike "no".

Phone calls are cheap. Make it. :tu

Ice009
06-16-2017, 10:58 PM
Darn, if I could get a meeting with him, I'd also use the fact that the Warriors low-balled him in his last contract and now they're saying KD is the best player on the team. That's seems a little disrespectful to me. I'd really like the Spurs to have a talk with him. Depends what kind of personality he has, though.

If it was me, I would not be happy with Kerr saying KD's the best player. Curry won a Championship as the best player on his team without KD (KD never won shit on his own team), and now KD joins, benefits from all the attention Curry drew in the playoffs and finals, and then KD's called one of the top 3 players in the NBA. I know what Kerr is saying, but he really didn't have to say it, or say it like that. He could have put it a different way. He could have mentioned that all the attention Curry drew on the offensive end helped KD out too.

sasaint
06-17-2017, 12:22 AM
Darn, if I could get a meeting with him, I'd also use the fact that the Warriors low-balled him in his last contract and now they're saying KD is the best player on the team. That's seems a little disrespectful to me. I'd really like the Spurs to have a talk with him. Depends what kind of personality he has, though.

If it was me, I would not be happy with Kerr saying KD's the best player. Curry won a Championship as the best player on his team without KD (KD never won shit on his own team), and now KD joins, benefits from all the attention Curry drew in the playoffs and finals, and then KD's called one of the top 3 players in the NBA. I know what Kerr is saying, but he really didn't have to say it, or say it like that. He could have put it a different way. He could have mentioned that all the attention Curry drew on the offensive end helped KD out too.

Kerr must have been smoking something serious to run off at the mouth like that. Don't recall Pop ever dissing any of his players by implication like that. Might be one (good) reason Pop has learned to say the minimum in interviews - so he doesn't say something inadvertent that gets him in a bind that he then has to try to crawfish out of.

Seriously, Curry can't be too happy. Give the little mouthpiece-chewer a call.

TheDoctor
06-17-2017, 01:07 AM
Or maybe this whole thing was staged? Remember that KD is mentally fragile :wakeup

Spurtacular
06-18-2017, 10:25 PM
The minute the Spurs signed Curry, his ankle problems would return and we'd be stuck with Porker 2.0.

phxspurfan
06-18-2017, 10:43 PM
Curry sucks

Play Boban
06-18-2017, 11:08 PM
:lol

Hoops Czar
06-19-2017, 01:27 AM
:lmao This forum.

therealtruth
06-19-2017, 04:48 AM
It's not dissing Curry to say he's not 6'8 and a physical player.

DeRozan m8
06-19-2017, 07:02 AM
:lmao This forum.

What are you laughing at, mate?

Curry will be a spur next season

Unfortunately you still won't win the title.