PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ready to go on LOOOOONG road trip....

gospursgojas
10-15-2005, 03:05 AM
My work is making me and a couple of co-workers go take some test in Jackson Mississippi, and since we may have to be there for 2 weeks we have to drive (I dont fly anyway). We were thinking the obvious and planed to go I10 through Houston to Baton Rouge then 12 to 55 to Jackson. Someone was telling me that we can also take 35 to Dallas then 20 to Jackson.

Have any of you all taken either route on your way to any destination??? If so which would be faster and what can I expect. I always like to know what kind of roads/road conditions I am going to encounter before taking a road trip. The only heads up Ive gotten is that its hard to stay awake during some stretch of I10 that goes through the swamps.

Any other advice from those who have driven through the region....What sights, sounds, etc I will see??????

:fro

Kori Ellis
10-15-2005, 03:14 AM
Guru of Nothing lives in that area. You should send him a private message, he probably has some good insight for you.

MannyIsGod
10-15-2005, 03:27 AM
I10 through Lousiana is easy as hell. If you have a radar detector, you can fly through there because there are no places for cops to set up for speed traps. There are some long bridges through the bayous and swamps but we flew through them on our way to Mardi Gras.

I don't like 35 to Dallas and the Metroplex is a fucking bitch to drive through. I would rather take I10.

bigzak25
10-15-2005, 01:44 PM
now, far be it for me to hijack a thread, so i'll just say to gospursgojas
to get the maps from triple AAA and make good use of yahoo maps to plan your trip bro.

but anyone with any personal experience? please continue to share!

cuz i want the same help now.

i'm about to drive the other way.

from SA back to LA.

i know it's pretty much a straight shot on I10 and to take plenty of water, and you know, engine coolant, a gas can, shit like that....

but anyone with any other advice for that mother of a drive? it would be greatly appreciated. i'm on the road again like willy starting tuesday or wednesday. thanks in advance!

and again, this is gospursgojas's thread, so help him 1st if you can!!!

Slomo
10-15-2005, 01:47 PM
now, far be it for me to hijack a thread, so i'll just say to gospursgojas
to get the maps from triple AAA and make good use of yahoo maps to plan your trip bro.

but anyone with any personal experience? please continue to share!

cuz i want the same help now.

i'm about to drive the other way.

from SA back to LA.

i know it's pretty much a straight shot on I10 and to take plenty of water, and you know, engine coolant, a gas can, shit like that....

but anyone with any other advice for that mother of a drive? it would be greatly appreciated. i'm on the road again like willy starting tuesday or wednesday. thanks in advance!

and again, this is gospursgojas's thread, so help him 1st if you can!!! SA->Phoenix->Grand Canyon->Las Vegas->LA
:eyebrows :tu

MannyIsGod
10-15-2005, 01:54 PM
SA->Phoenix->Grand Canyon->Las Vegas->LA
:eyebrows :tu
I woudl do that. I haven't kept up with your progress on the comedy, but if you're up to doing open mic nights yet I would hit up Vegas on the way to make the trip more worthwhile.

bigzak25
10-15-2005, 02:38 PM
thanks Slomo and Manny!

i would LOVE to see the Grand Canyon!

and i'm gonna see if i can sneak into area 51 as well...you know, just to start some shit...:tu :lol

as for vegas?

just went there 2 weeks ago. 1st time in my life. Thursday night-Sunday morning.

it was awesome.

i don't know if i can stop by there again, but i do plan to go back.

Big THANKS! and keep'em comin! :tu

John T
10-16-2005, 12:52 AM
I think the I-10 route is a pretty drive. If you're going I-35, check for road closings first. We just got back from DFW and there's serious construction going on the entire trip. They even had part of it closed in Austin/Round Rock. If you still want to go through Dallas consider taking 281 to 67.

Carie

Oh, and if they're open and you're up for a pit stop, try Mary Mahoney's in Biloxi, great food!

MannyIsGod
10-16-2005, 02:11 AM
I like taking 281 and varius state highways to Dallas a lot more than taking 35. Its way more senic for one thing, and the traffic is always way less.