PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: GM fired, LeBron not hapoy

lefty
06-19-2017, 11:07 PM
:wow

lefty
06-19-2017, 11:11 PM
Dan Gilbert didn't consult with LeBron James prior to parting with David Griffin, sources said. James had advocated for Griffin extension

lefty
06-19-2017, 11:12 PM
What is hapoy?

lefty
06-19-2017, 11:13 PM
:lol Lowe
Cavs will now go back to previous plan of winning the lottery multiple times and having generational NBA stars born nearby.

lefty
06-19-2017, 11:16 PM
Report: David Griffin was working on the Jimmy Butler trade when his departure from the Cavs was announced. 😕*https://t.co/8DhCKmOt6A https://t.co/jYKdTnTyFL

whitemamba
When does bron get the official title tbh

lefty
Pity post

Chris
06-20-2017, 12:33 AM
https://scontent-dft4-3.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19399049_1835995629752604_4581039532833185751_n.jp g?oh=ffea76c7522e82e5a4d3e6b598600d98&oe=59D3D515

illusioNtEk
06-20-2017, 12:37 AM
Wow it's fucking happening

Chris
06-20-2017, 12:50 AM
Cavs are reportedly interested in both Paul George and Jimmy Butler.

AlexJones
06-20-2017, 08:53 AM
Lebron leaving is more likely than Mayweather winning imo

Thread
06-20-2017, 09:03 AM
Cavs are reportedly interested in both Paul George and Jimmy Butler.

& would have to jettison Love to get it done. Robbing Peter to pay Paul won't address State.

LkrFan
06-20-2017, 10:04 AM
MORE help is on the way?

PATHETIC! :lol

Clipper Nation
06-20-2017, 11:22 AM
LeClip

daslicer
06-20-2017, 11:25 AM
MORE help is on the way?

PATHETIC! :lol

Can't blame Jimmy for doing what he's doing. Durant set the trend and now a bunch of other guys are copying him.

Ghazi
06-20-2017, 11:41 AM
I wonder if adding Butler and losing Love would close the gap with State...

LkrFan
06-20-2017, 11:49 AM
Can't blame Jimmy for doing what he's doing. Durant set the trend and now a bunch of other guys are copying him.

Actually, LeHype started it when he took his talents to South Beach in 2010. -15 points for amnesia :lol

LkrFan
06-20-2017, 11:54 AM

It would kill their rebounding. You have to control the glass with the Dubs. Offensive rebounds obviously get you extra possessions when JR and Shump are bricking. But if you don't control the defensive glass that makes for "Quickie" series. :lol

Take away Love, who is a stretch 4 and his rebounding and they likely get swept. Do it LeGM! :lol

unleashbaynes
06-20-2017, 12:02 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot that Miami had won 70+ games, went to a game 7 in the finals, and had 3 established all stars, as well as one coming off the bench when Bron joined. Totally the same thing.

djohn2oo8
06-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot that Miami had won 70+ games, went to a game 7 in the finals, and had 3 established all stars, as well as one coming off the bench when Bron joined. Totally the same thing.

3 all Stars in their prime colluding together for years on when to team up. We're superteams a thing before 2010? Okay.

unleashbaynes
06-20-2017, 12:28 PM
3 all Stars in their prime colluding together for years on when to team up. We're superteams a thing before 2010? Okay.

Wade of '11 was not even close to Wade of 04-09, tbh.

resistanze
06-20-2017, 12:40 PM

Of course there were. But people move the goalposts with superteams. People are able to make distinctions between 2004 Lakers/2008 Celtics and the Heatles, but aren't able to make the same distinctions between the Heatles and GSW + Durant. Pick a lane.

unleashbaynes
06-20-2017, 12:42 PM
Of course there were. But people move the goalposts with superteams. People are able to make distinctions between 2004 Lakers/2008 Celtics and the Heatles, but aren't able to make the same distinctions between the Heatles and GSW + Durant. Pick a lane.

This tbh. The Heatles were not an established team. Who was the B2B MVP/best shooter of all time on that team? Who was the DPOY candidate? Who was their elite 3 and D guy a la Thompson? Who was their Iguodala/Livingston?

What a laughable comparison.

UZER
06-20-2017, 01:02 PM
Actually, LeHype started it when he took his talents to South Beach in 2010. -15 points for amnesia :lol

Actually Magic started it by forcing his way to the Lakers in the draft. -30 points for being a blind lakers homer that also loving the Warriors.

LkrFan
06-20-2017, 01:15 PM
Actually Magic started it by forcing his way to the Lakers in the draft. -30 points for being a blind lakers homer that also loving the Warriors.

We had the #1 overall pick. WTF are you talking about?

whitemamba
06-20-2017, 03:01 PM
lakers signed 2 (Tosb) free agents , I believe the celtics traded for ray /kg. It's not the same. Calling someone and teaming up together is much different. Warriors drafted everyone from the core minus Durant, he joined and made them a super team. Thanks to lebron tbh.

whitemamba
06-20-2017, 03:01 PM
:lmao dumbass

whitemamba
06-20-2017, 03:02 PM
We had the #1 overall pick. WTF are you talking about?

Uzer is the MJ of shitty posters.

LkrFan
06-20-2017, 03:25 PM
Uzer is the MJ of shitty posters.

:lol

resistanze
06-20-2017, 05:21 PM
lakers signed 2 (Tosb) free agents , I believe the celtics traded for ray /kg. It's not the same. Calling someone and teaming up together is much different. Warriors drafted everyone from the core minus Durant, he joined and made them a super team. Thanks to lebron tbh.

It's revisionist history to call them TOSBs like I said before. Lakers came into 2004 as clear title favorites (5/2). They came off a three-peat, got whipped by Spurs the next season, then called up Pedo and GP in order to stack the deck and chase a ring. Went into finals as one of biggest favorite ever.

Warriors drafting everyone is irreverent. They won 73 freaking games last season, and were 1 minute away from going back to back, even with Curry injury/Gaymond suspension. Then KD joins a 73 win team that was already a known quantity, while killing off another title contender (OKC made at least WCF last 4 years KD and WB were healthy).

You can't simultaneously say that's same as the Heatles but say 2004 Lakers and 2008 Celtics weren't the same. You either look at the circumstances or you don't.

SpurOutofTownFan
06-20-2017, 05:37 PM

I wonder the same thing. I don't think so.

whitemamba
06-20-2017, 05:48 PM
It's revisionist history to call them TOSBs like I said before. Lakers came into 2004 as clear title favorites (5/2). They came off a three-peat, got whipped by Spurs the next season, then called up Pedo and GP in order to stack the deck and chase a ring. Went into finals as one of biggest favorite ever.

Warriors drafting everyone is irreverent. They won 73 freaking games last season, and were 1 minute away from going back to back, even with Curry injury/Gaymond suspension. Then KD joins a 73 win team that was already a known quantity, while killing off another title contender (OKC made at least WCF last 4 years KD and WB were healthy).

You can't simultaneously say that's same as the Heatles but say 2004 Lakers and 2008 Celtics weren't the same. You either look at the circumstances or you don't.

I see your points but I'm still unsure if I can agree. None of the teams mentioned were lobbied by players to create a super team, maybe Durant was recruited but idk. The lakers and Celtics FO handled assembling the team , not the players. That's key in the orchestration of today's NBA. Lakers were the favorites by loading the team sure, that's doesn't mean that they are the favorites, everything on paper is different. I would never hear players in the past talk
about playing with their friends or teaming up. The players job is to play. Now they are social media GMs trying to build what makes them successful. the 04 lakers I would say we're a super team but Malone and GP were wayyyyy past their prime. Do people even remember that GP rang? That's how irrelevant he was.

daslicer
06-20-2017, 06:03 PM

Lame response by a lame troll. What Lebron did was not exactly the same as what Kevin did for the reasons the other posters have mentioned in this thread. Anyways Kevin has set the trend. I doubt Jimmy Butler is this out in the open if Kevin did not go to GS. Jimmy saw how the media did not criticize Kevin the way they did to Lebron and that he has nothing to fear in being open about wanting to form a super team. The same can be said about Paul George about wanting to play for the Lakers granted the Lakers are not forming a super team. I doubt Paul is this open if not for what Durant has done recently.

lefty
06-20-2017, 06:20 PM

Exactly

:cry I'm gonna skip this draft if I don't play with Kareem and the Lakers
:cry I can't carry the Bulls

:cry Coin, pls

ambchang
06-20-2017, 08:21 PM

Never Kobe started it, and got nothing to show for it, twice.

Or the parking lot rant for kidd. Or front office getting MVPau. Or him getting two daughters.

resistanze
06-21-2017, 08:54 AM
I see your points but I'm still unsure if I can agree. None of the teams mentioned were lobbied by players to create a super team, maybe Durant was recruited but idk. The lakers and Celtics FO handled assembling the team , not the players. That's key in the orchestration of today's NBA. Lakers were the favorites by loading the team sure, that's doesn't mean that they are the favorites, everything on paper is different. I would never hear players in the past talk
about playing with their friends or teaming up. The players job is to play. Now they are social media GMs trying to build what makes them successful. the 04 lakers I would say we're a super team but Malone and GP were wayyyyy past their prime. Do people even remember that GP rang? That's how irrelevant he was.

Oh I agree 2004 Lakers were not the exact same circumstances, but that's my overall point. But by that same token, Heat are not the same as GSW either. People seem to be trying to make that equivalence just as an excuse to criticize LeBron (same people that for some reason turn a blind eye to KD's move).

whitemamba
06-21-2017, 10:58 PM
Oh I agree 2004 Lakers were not the exact same circumstances, but that's my overall point. But by that same token, Heat are not the same as GSW either. People seem to be trying to make that equivalence just as an excuse to criticize LeBron (same people that for some reason turn a blind eye to KD's move).

here's my question to you , if lebron isn't forming super teams does KD leave OKC?

LkrFan
06-21-2017, 11:05 PM
Meet the fall guy for The 2018 Decision!:

:downspin:

lefty
06-22-2017, 12:54 AM
He is a good friend pf LeBron

Makes sense

resistanze
06-22-2017, 07:52 AM
here's my question to you , if lebron isn't forming super teams does KD leave OKC?

Probably. He was there for 9 years, very media-protected superstar, generally was never criticized for coming short, compared to say LeBron (except that newspaper that quickly apologized). He know the 'rangs' storm from the media was eventually coming soon. He couldn't get it done in OKC that was probably the most consistent contender over the past 6 years (save for LeBron's teams). Choked hard last year vs GSW.

He wanted to guarantee rangs because he sees the Shaqs or even the Kennys of the world clowning a 1st ballot HOF with no rangs (Chuck). He's always been sensitive to that kind of thing, tbh.

But again, you're blaming LeBron in 2010 for his own superteam (and not acknowledging they existed before)...then blaming LeBron again for Durant's even more egregious superteam.

LkrFan
06-22-2017, 08:09 AM
He is a good friend pf LeBron

Makes sense

He's not qualified - but he is black...SMH

06-22-2017, 08:20 AM
He's not qualified - but he is black...SMH
Why are you talking about Magic in this thread, Angelino?

LkrFan
06-22-2017, 09:14 AM
Why are you talking about Magic in this thread, Angelino?

:lol

Good point :lol

whitemamba
06-22-2017, 01:23 PM
Probably. He was there for 9 years, very media-protected superstar, generally was never criticized for coming short, compared to say LeBron (except that newspaper that quickly apologized). He know the 'rangs' storm from the media was eventually coming soon. He couldn't get it done in OKC that was probably the most consistent contender over the past 6 years (save for LeBron's teams). Choked hard last year vs GSW.

He wanted to guarantee rangs because he sees the Shaqs or even the Kennys of the world clowning a 1st ballot HOF with no rangs (Chuck). He's always been sensitive to that kind of thing, tbh.

But again, you're blaming LeBron in 2010 for his own superteam (and not acknowledging they existed before)...then blaming LeBron again for Durant's even more egregious superteam.

My nig, I acknowledged it in a post earlier (lakers '04). But I didn't see Kobe or Shaq calling GP or Pedo to recruit them. The FO (not the players) made that deal , same with the '08 Celts. Lebron peronally tries to recruit and bring players in for his own benefit, I.e, lobbying for Tristan , trading Wiggins for Love, paying JR.. then posting a pic of PG. that's the difference imo, kinda weak of a generational superstar to do. There's no taking anything away from lebrons basketball talent , he's quite a specimen on the court, but still can't ignore he's been playing in the worst conference maybe ever, while he constantly surrounds himself with really good players. You think people in tHE NBA are going tonsit back and just watch? They will adapt like anything else in life. Again, wnat KD did was a bitch ass move , but imo it was a response to lebron directly, and I can't be mad st him for that.

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2017, 09:29 AM
after the trades and shit on draft day...looks like the leastern conference will be another easy cake walk to the finals for lebron if his team stays pat and no drastic changes to the roster...fkn pathetic

yet I dunno why all these leastern clowns want to be traded to the west? do they think its easier path? or its about money and better competition? more superstars out west means less opportunity of appearing on allstar team, but more exposure to be expose ur still a shit kent from the east?