PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Woj: Lakers Trade D'Angelo Russell & Mozgov to Nets for Brook Lopez & 27th Pick

BatManu20
06-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Magic making moves,

Thread
06-20-2017, 05:19 PM
Magic making moves,877287243236462592

I can dig it. Media ruined Russell in Los Angeles.

Robz4000
06-20-2017, 05:19 PM
:lmao Lakers
:lmao D'Bust
:lmao finally trading him only to acquire an old, injury-plagued Center

UNT Eagles 2016
06-20-2017, 05:20 PM
Yeah I don't like that trade for LAL. No value at 27.

spurraider21
06-20-2017, 05:21 PM
:lmao

Thread
06-20-2017, 05:22 PM

Look at you. You SOB, you.

RsxPiimp
06-20-2017, 05:22 PM
essentially a brook lopez for d'angelo and mozgovs contract.

Chillen
06-20-2017, 05:23 PM
This is pretty simple, signing Mozgov was stupid and cost them Russell.

Leetonidas
06-20-2017, 05:23 PM
Lmao for both teams. Why would Brooklyn do this? Why would LA want Lopez? Lol

Thread
06-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Lmao for both teams. Why would Brooklyn do this? Why would LA want Lopez? Lol

They need $ to chase that pile of shit George.

spurraider21
06-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Look at you. You SOB, you.
I'm dancin

Leetonidas
06-20-2017, 05:25 PM

True I get the wanting to shed salary but just lol @ being forced to trade your recent #2 pick just to get rid of your terrible signing that everyone knew was terrible. Still don't get why Brooklyn would want mozgov and to give their pick up

RsxPiimp
06-20-2017, 05:25 PM
just have to assume the pg deal is done since theres no point trading DAR, right?

Leetonidas
06-20-2017, 05:26 PM
Lakers would be incredibly dumb to trade for George too. Might as well ride out the year for another top pick and sign him out right next season

Clipper Nation
06-20-2017, 05:27 PM
:lmao Longo's coming
:lmao LaVar's coming
:lmao Trading D-Snitch for Brook Lopez
:lmao Still have Deng's contract on the books
:lmao Next: trading even more assets for Paul George, a player they could have had for cash only next summer
:lmao Going all-in on the treadmill
:lmao The Magic/Kobe/Pelinka "brain trust"
:lmao Miss Fredo yet?
:lmao "#StayPG" billboards all over LA next year

Leetonidas
06-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Also crofl at the new big 3 in LA....Longo/Lopez/George is terrible:lmao

SuperCam
06-20-2017, 05:29 PM
Lakers would be incredibly dumb to trade for George too. Might as well ride out the year for another top pick and sign him out right next season

PHI has their 2018 pick

BatManu20
Yeah I don't like that trade for LAL. No value at 27.

It gets Mozgov's awful contract off the books. Allows them to pursue PG & Lebron.

Raven
now tell me how is he not a bust :lmao.. took two years to trade him for a late first rounder in a very week draft :lmao

Leetonidas
06-20-2017, 05:30 PM
PHI has their 2018 pick

Ah. I see. Still makes no sense to trade anything for a player who will come for cash only next season.

resistanze
06-20-2017, 05:32 PM
D'Bust was expendable. Lakers should tank again this year (as they keep their 1st rounder now I believe), then sign PG outright.

Edit: NVM they lost that pick too :lol

Ditty
The two worst teams in the league getting each other's trash :lol

HarlemHeat37
Interesting move, love it on LA's side, tbh..depends on subsequent moves with the cap space once Lopez's deal is off the books, next year, but so far, so good..

I still don't understand that Mozgov signing, though..just puzzling..

I like it for Brooklyn..they're gonna have a difficult time attracting FAs, might as well take a flier on the #2 pick from 2 years ago..he's a soft snitch, but his career has been poisoned by being around cancerous people, to be fair..

Venti Quattro
06-20-2017, 05:35 PM
Oh boy that signing was costly

baseline bum
06-20-2017, 05:36 PM

Lopez costs more against the Lakers' cap than Mozgov plus DBust.

SuperCam
06-20-2017, 05:37 PM
all that losing in 2015 for nothing now just because Mitch&Jim signed two of the worst FA contracts in the last five years :lol

06-20-2017, 05:37 PM
now tell me how is he not a bust :lmao.. took two years to trade him for a late first rounder in a very week draft :lmao
"It's still too early to say!!!" - killa

Venti Quattro
06-20-2017, 05:41 PM
Lopez costs more against the Lakers' cap than Mozgov plus DBust.

Brook's contract is expiring in 2018

baseline bum
06-20-2017, 05:42 PM
Brook's contract is expiring in 2018

Shit, I forgot hoopshype is still showing 2016-17 contracts and thought he had another year left.

Thread
06-20-2017, 05:43 PM
True I get the wanting to shed salary but just lol @ being forced to trade your recent #2 pick just to get rid of your terrible signing that everyone knew was terrible. Still don't get why Brooklyn would want mozgov and to give their pick up

Now that Russell is away from that fink situation there he could very well flourish. He may have in Los Angeles if Media hadn't a declared war on him. He never stood a chance after that. Now? Well, they will rally to his cause now that's he's no longer a Laker. Now he can be forgiven & rehabbed. Then if he blossoms and succeeds Media will cook us all over again.

Thread
06-20-2017, 05:44 PM
The two worst teams in the league getting each other's trash :lol

Russell ain't trash. He just fucked up and Media wouldn't let it go.

Venti Quattro
06-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Shit, I forgot hoopshype is still showing 2016-17 contracts and thought he had another year left.

Yeah man it's a salary dump and undoing Mitch's colossal fuck-up is gonna be costly. But LA gets Brook Lopez, a far more decent big than Mozgov, and they're sure to draft Lonzo now. The kid looks like he's okay despite having a loudmouth prick of a dad

Thread
06-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Yeah man it's a salary dump and undoing Mitch's colossal fuck-up is gonna be costly. But LA gets Brook Lopez, a far more decent big than Mozgov, and they're sure to draft Lonzo now. The kid looks like he's okay despite having a loudmouth prick of a dad

He was indeed serviceable,,,THERE. In Los Angeles? Fuck us. They'll be none of that Brook Lopez to be found.

Venti Quattro
06-20-2017, 05:51 PM
He was indeed serviceable,,,THERE. In Los Angeles? Fuck us. They'll be none of that Brook Lopez to be found.

At worst he's gonna be a salary dump and we're gonna be shit for another year, but have enough cap space to sign two superstars in 2018. Best case this team fights and becomes a fringe playoff team AND we have that cap space.

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2017, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't wait for George to sign if I was running the Lakers, tbh..he's probably going regardless, but I wouldn't take the risk of a contender taking the rental and potentially convincing him to compete for titles immediately..

Losing trash like Randle and Clarkson isn't a big deal, tbh..

Venti Quattro
06-20-2017, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't wait for George to sign if I was running the Lakers, tbh..he's probably going regardless, but I wouldn't take the risk of a contender taking the rental and potentially convincing him to compete for titles immediately..

LBJ and PG can win one last in Cleveland and then LA will have the cap space to sign them both.... :lmao

But seriously I hope they keep Randle after all of this I have high hopes for him as a Laker.

baseline bum
06-20-2017, 05:56 PM

Russell is a nobody anyways. It's a great move to get out from under Mozgov's ridiculous contract.

Clipper Nation
06-20-2017, 05:57 PM

Don't worry, Magic's about to get taken to the cleaners by Indy after already getting fleeced by the Nets.

Thread
06-20-2017, 05:58 PM
Russell is a nobody anyways. It's a great move to get out from under Mozgov's ridiculous contract.

Don't be surprised if he emerges, bum. He's just a child who got his brains beat in because he finked. He's wounded, but, he may not be ruined.

RsxPiimp
06-20-2017, 05:58 PM

its a cost cutting and win now move. pg is probably a done deal otherwise including russell for a salary dump makes no sense.

Venti Quattro
06-20-2017, 05:59 PM
HarlemHeat37, as you were saying

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2017, 06:00 PM
its a cost cutting and win now move. pg is probably a done deal otherwise including russell for a salary dump makes no sense.

Ya, I'm expecting them to pull the trigger soon..my comment was based on many people thinking they should wait for George to sign, rather than trading for him, since they would want to avoid a Knicks-Melo situation..

Losing Ingram would be extremely stupid, but giving away Randle and Clarkson shouldn't be a problem. .

RsxPiimp
06-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Don't be surprised if he emerges, bum. He's just a child who got his brains beat in because he finked. He's wounded, but, he may not be ruined.

he's going to have a great opportunity to put those numbers up. the nets are playing for nothing and the media in NY dont really give a rats ass about that team:lol

Clipper Nation
06-20-2017, 06:04 PM

:lol Magic sitting on his hands while another team trades for George and convinces him to stay would be the coup de grace.

Thread
06-20-2017, 06:12 PM

:lol Magic sitting on his hands while another team trades for George and convinces him to stay would be the coup de grace.

Would suit me. George is pedestrian fare.

baseline bum
06-20-2017, 06:23 PM
Now that Russell is away from that fink situation there he could very well flourish. He may have in Los Angeles if Media hadn't a declared war on him. He never stood a chance after that. Now? Well, they will rally to his cause now that's he's no longer a Laker. Now he can be forgiven & rehabbed. Then if he blossoms and succeeds Media will cook us all over again.

He's a snitch. Once Kobe taught him how to do that it was game over. Had to cut out a cancer again before there was any more metastasis.

Thread
06-20-2017, 06:24 PM
He's a snitch. Once Kobe taught him how to do that it was game over. Had to cut out a cancer again before there was any more metastasis.

I should know better than to attempt conversation with you.

I'll never learn. Fuck me.

Buddy Mignon
06-20-2017, 06:27 PM
I can dig it. Media ruined Russell in Los Angeles.

He ruined himself. He walked in the door calling Laker fans spoiled. He snitched. And just recently he tried to throw shade at Ball. Fuck him.

Buddy Mignon
06-20-2017, 06:29 PM
Now only if Magic can get rid of that Deng contract.

RsxPiimp
06-20-2017, 06:29 PM
:lol

midnightpulp
06-20-2017, 06:31 PM
The Lakers proving to be stupidly impatient, per par.

If the Lakers were a team one key player away from being a contender (like they were in 2007, when they salary dumped Kwame and picks for Gasol), this move would make sense (i.e. salary dumping to sign Paul George next year as the missing piece). But they're not. Signing a superstar player to a team full of young draft picks is about the worst thing you can do for player development. You want your youth getting as many touches as possible and not having to worry about "deferring" to veteran stars. Longo will be okay in that situation, since he's a pass first PG, but Ingram, et al will likely suffer.

I agree D'Bust needed to go. I don't see how he and Longo can co-exist, but the Lakers should've found a team(s) willing to give up current and future mid-first rounders for Russell and Mozgov. Just keep stacking picks and building up the youth movement. And when your main core finally develops out of that movement, then you trade for the missing pieces.

Buddy Mignon
06-20-2017, 06:31 PM
This is pretty simple, signing Mozgov was stupid and cost them Russell.

No jackass. We dumped Russell and Mosgov for Brook.

midnightpulp
06-20-2017, 06:32 PM
He ruined himself. He walked in the door calling Laker fans spoiled. He snitched. And just recently he tried to throw shade at Ball. Fuck him.

Coming around on Longo?

"I'll disown the Lakers if they draft Ball."

Holding you to it, buddy.

BatManu20
06-20-2017, 06:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCzSM2iXkAA_d-P?format=jpg&name=large

Clipper Nation
06-20-2017, 06:41 PM

Clipper Nation
06-20-2017, 06:43 PM

:lol Magic is the LkrFan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18824) of NBA executives. Every time he does anything, it will inevitably be followed by an ownage bump.

Mikeanaro
06-20-2017, 06:49 PM
No more snitching in LA.

whitemamba
06-20-2017, 06:53 PM
Good news.

DAF86
06-20-2017, 07:30 PM
So much material to bump and so little time.

-21-
06-20-2017, 07:54 PM
Makes sense for both teams imo. Between dumping Mozgov and Lopez being an expiring contract, the Lakers free up space next year to chase PG and maybe LeBron. On the other hand, the Nets get a prospect who's likely better than what they could get at the 27th pick.

UZER
06-20-2017, 08:03 PM

Kobe did all of those things and yet he's your hero.

StrengthAndHonor
06-20-2017, 08:14 PM
Amazing work by Magic:lol

They shed $56 million worth of dead weight, all expense paid for by a cancerous locker room player. :lol

It's pretty clear Russell is a goner when the Lakers secured Lonzo Ball. Truth is, I believe in D'Angelo Russell and I think he'll get an opportunity to pad his stat and raise his value a bit but he clearly doesn't fit anymore. Lonzo Ball will be pushing the ball and D-Slow is just going to drag the team down.

Magic is that dude.

midnightpulp
06-20-2017, 09:16 PM
:lol stealth Lakers fan StrengthandHonor spinning this.

Horrible trade. They got absolutely jackshit in return to build towards their "youth movement" (lol low first round picks). This move was entirely based on freeing up space for Paul George and maybe another star in 2018.

That plan will blow up in their faces. Look at all the successful teams that built their cores through the draft: Thunder, Warriors, Celtics, Wizards. At no point did they ever pursue a superstar player as their young players were developing. Superstar players playing alongside developing players will only hamper development.

Mozgov's contract wasn't even bad considering the Lakers are light years away from contention. He would've came off the books at about the time the Lakers youth movement will be entering their prime (2020). If Longo and Ingram prove to be a solid duo, but still need another gun, that's when you go after the big fish. In fact, players like Mozgov and Deng are fine to have around young players. They won't take touches away and are basically in collect a paycheck mode.

It's also highly stupid to waste time and money trying to build a contender right now since it's the Warriors conference to lose for the next half-decade. Lakers plan should just be to stack youth and more youth, develop that youth, and then start making moves for stars after the Warriors' peak.

HarlemHeat37
06-20-2017, 09:25 PM
^^While your points are correct, you're ignoring that the Lakers can't afford to be bottom-feeders any longer, tbh..

This was once a proud franchise, this is the longest they have ever went without being successful..5 years of bottom-feeding with only 1 decent prospect to show for it..

They have not been able to adjust to the new landscape of the NBA, which requires front office skills, rather than just relying on geography..they desperately need to win again, even if it peaks as a 2nd round exit..

midnightpulp
06-20-2017, 09:33 PM
^^While your points are correct, you're ignoring that the Lakers can't afford to be bottom-feeders any longer, tbh..

This was once a proud franchise, this is the longest they have ever went without being successful..5 years of bottom-feeding with only 1 decent prospect to show for it..

They have not been able to adjust to the new landscape of the NBA, which requires front office skills, rather than just relying on geography..they desperately need to win again, even if it peaks as a 2nd round exit..

I'm sure they're feeling pressure from Time Warner, as well. But Paul George basically gets them into maybe 45 win territory, while at the same time taking touches away from Ingram and Longo (even though Longo is a pass-first PG, PGs today need to be threats for 20-30 points regularly). And outside of Lebron and Leonard, there's not an FA who would turn PG, Longo, and Ingram into a contending threat.

Remember when Monte Ellis was the "superstar" of the Warriors? They had no problem trading his ass away so that Steph and Klay could get more touches.

phxspurfan
06-20-2017, 09:39 PM
Well that escalated quickly

phxspurfan
06-20-2017, 09:40 PM
:lol 2017 OJ Mayo

StrengthAndHonor
06-20-2017, 09:40 PM

Horrible trade. They got absolutely jackshit in return to build towards their "youth movement" (lol low first round picks). This move was entirely based on freeing up space for Paul George and maybe another star in 2018.

That plan will blow up in their faces. Look at all the successful teams that built their cores through the draft: Thunder, Warriors, Celtics, Wizards. At no point did they ever pursue a superstar player as their young players were developing. Superstar players playing alongside developing players will only hamper development.

Mozgov's contract wasn't even bad considering the Lakers are light years away from contention. He would've came off the books at about the time the Lakers youth movement will be entering their prime (2020). If Longo and Ingram prove to be a solid duo, but still need another gun, that's when you go after the big fish. In fact, players like Mozgov and Deng are fine to have around young players. They won't take touches away and are basically in collect a paycheck mode.

It's also highly stupid to waste time and money trying to build a contender right now since it's the Warriors conference to lose for the next half-decade. Lakers plan should just be to stack youth and more youth, develop that youth, and then start making moves for stars after the Warriors' peak.

The worst thing they could do is sit and absorb an unnecessary contract. They have two, mind you, so this really restricts them from a cap standpoint. Under Johnson, they opened up $25 million next season. They also have a Top 12 player basically throwing himself to the franchise for free and most importantly a transcendent draft pick that is more concerned in running plays than scoring to make his presence felt. Barely a year ago, they have 2 toxic salaries and mid tier free agents wouldn't even touch them in free agency.:lol That's a helluva turn around in less than 4 seasons.

You also have to realize that they are not operating under the assumption of competing with the Warriors, and if we're being honest here, who really can? The business side is the other equation and I think the Lakers, particularly Jeannie, is under tremendous pressure to bring back an exciting brand of basketball to Staples. TWC's knocking on her door and with the '18 ASG being held in Los Angeles, she's despera to have someone represent her brand at this juncture.

phxspurfan
06-20-2017, 09:41 PM
for comparison, same level of prospects turning pro:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/oj-mayo

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/dangelo-russell

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/russell-westbrook

i.e. how much the same level of talent can give vastly different results

aka how much some guys suck ass

Clipper Nation
06-20-2017, 09:47 PM
But Paul George basically gets them into maybe 45 win territory

That's generous. They'll be lucky to win 40, IMO.

DPG21920
06-20-2017, 10:00 PM

The issue with that is LA is not making the playoffs this year either.

Not they have to make the playoffs by landing more pieces the year after that or its big time trouble.

They will have money and Lonzo/PG/Ingram, but how much work will it take to become a playoff team?

Thread
06-20-2017, 10:54 PM

He's just a kid, a child who has been under severe attack since the snitch. Everyone makes mistakes, but, Media had no intention of letting him up because he was a Laker so they egged everyone on, because it didn't matter if he was destroyed,,,he was a nobody, easily jettisoned. & the kicker is it was easy to cut it up...there was nothing on the line for the Lakers, we were shit so they went after him with a gleeful vengeance. (We) let Kobe up. (They) never put Duncan under the boot.

It was wrong what he did, and he stipulated to it, but, they had no intention of it ending there. Uh, uh.

Thread
06-20-2017, 10:55 PM
Kobe did all of those things and yet he's your hero.

Ooze

Killakobe81
06-20-2017, 11:23 PM

agree that i dont like this deal ...But you lost me at the contract wasnt that bad ...
only Spurstalk ...Russell is a bust, yet we made a mistake by jettisoning him ...smh

Killakobe81
06-20-2017, 11:30 PM
Would suit me. George is pedestrian fare.

agreed. if we get him for Clarkson and two picks great ...if he will cost us more ...and george doesbt come ...same resukt as missing out on Melo, Dwight, Aldridge or Pau tbh

DeRozan m8
06-21-2017, 02:53 AM
He's just a kid, a child who has been under severe attack since the snitch. Everyone makes mistakes, but, Media had no intention of letting him up because he was a Laker so they egged everyone on, because it didn't matter if he was destroyed,,,he was a nobody, easily jettisoned. & the kicker is it was easy to cut it up...there was nothing on the line for the Lakers, we were shit so they went after him with a gleeful vengeance. (We) let Kobe up. (They) never put Duncan under the boot.

It was wrong what he did, and he stipulated to it, but, they had no intention of it ending there. Uh, uh.

They were selling Kobes shit

midnightpulp
06-21-2017, 04:02 AM
The worst thing they could do is sit and absorb an unnecessary contract. They have two, mind you, so this really restricts them from a cap standpoint. Under Johnson, they opened up $25 million next season. They also have a Top 12 player basically throwing himself to the franchise for free and most importantly a transcendent draft pick that is more concerned in running plays than scoring to make his presence felt. Barely a year ago, they have 2 toxic salaries and mid tier free agents wouldn't even touch them in free agency.:lol That's a helluva turn around in less than 4 seasons.

You also have to realize that they are not operating under the assumption of competing with the Warriors, and if we're being honest here, who really can? The business side is the other equation and I think the Lakers, particularly Jeannie, is under tremendous pressure to bring back an exciting brand of basketball to Staples. TWC's knocking on her door and with the '18 ASG being held in Los Angeles, she's despera to have someone represent her brand at this juncture.

More cap flexibility is always good, true, but the reason those contracts weren't "bad" in this context is because the Lakers are a developing team whose young core is 3-5 years away from maturing. Cap room is great for teams one or two pieces away from contention. The Lakers won't be one or two pieces away in at least a half-decade, if ever (depending on how they develop). Cap room will just tempt the Lakers FO to chase stars next season, and again, the worst thing for developing players is to play alongside superstar players. You want the primary focus to be on Longo, Ingram, Randle, Clarkson. Paul George + another potential star will disrupt that dynamic. Hell, Ingram had a tough enough time getting touches with Nick Young and Lou Williams on the team last season.

I agree with you this move is more motivated by the business side of the equation. Even a 40ish win team challenging for a playoff spot would be enough to get LA excited about the Lakers again, but as a basketball move, I think it shows impatience and short-sightedness. Lakers are like a declining Fortune 500 company looking to boost quarterly earnings to make shareholders happy in the short-tern in lieu of sticking to a 10 year plan that might be unprofitable for the first few years, but that will ultimately produce major returns.

midnightpulp
06-21-2017, 04:12 AM
agree that i dont like this deal ...But you lost me at the contract wasnt that bad ...
only Spurstalk ...Russell is a bust, yet we made a mistake by jettisoning him ...smh

I always advocated for Russell to be traded. But the Lakers should've tried to get a handful of first rounders/late lottery pick for him rather than Brook Lopez and a single late first rounder. Example: How the Spurs traded George Hill for the pick that led to Kawhi Leonard. Teams are desperate for scoring PGs with range, and while Russell might not have shown consistency, he's shown enough flashes (40 point games, etc) while maintaining a decent PPG on a a decent shooting percentage that teams would've taken a shot.

spurraider21
06-21-2017, 04:16 AM

:lmao "stealth"

Thread
06-21-2017, 06:28 AM
They were selling Kobes shit

Your Rodman finked as well, right smack dab in the middle of the NBA Playoffs.

You've nary room.

Killakobe81
06-21-2017, 07:57 AM
I always advocated for Russell to be traded. But the Lakers should've tried to get a handful of first rounders/late lottery pick for him rather than Brook Lopez and a single late first rounder. Example: How the Spurs traded George Hill for the pick that led to Kawhi Leonard. Teams are desperate for scoring PGs with range, and while Russell might not have shown consistency, he's shown enough flashes (40 point games, etc) while maintaining a decent PPG on a a decent shooting percentage that teams would've taken a shot.

on that i agree disappointed we didnt show any patience here ...
but to hear Raven tell it Russell was trash.
lets be honest cap space was the asset not Lopez ...but
Hevis one of the better pick and pop big men which is what Lonzo feasted off of at UCLA
either way i dont like the deal im just mocking those that killed him and now are expecting us to get great value ...
the George Hill deal is apples to oranges ...
RC didnt also include a contract worse than Splitter's ...
if mozgof deal wasnt as bad or not included we would get more for Russell.
again i dint like it but call it shitty for the right not the wrong reasons ...

mitch still fucking us from retirement.

LkrFan
06-21-2017, 08:08 AM

He wasn't valued the way Hill was around the league (snitching has that kind of negative affect). He showed flashes - and I had high hopes for him - but he was really inconsistent, slow defensively, and for the Lakers to give up on a premium pick so soon for an untested rookie (with a big mouth dad) speaks volumes.

Now that he's no longer a Laker, he'll have a chance to rehab his career in Brooklyn. He'll put up good numbers and stat pad...then ST will clown Laker fans all over again :lol

Spurtacular
06-21-2017, 09:28 AM
Damn, the Nets stupidity just continues.

Brazil
06-21-2017, 09:41 AM
He wasn't valued the way Hill was around the league (snitching has that kind of negative affect). He showed flashes - and I had high hopes for him - but he was really inconsistent, slow defensively, and for the Lakers to give up on a premium pick so soon for an untested rookie (with a big mouth dad) speaks volumes.

Now that he's no longer a Laker, he'll have a chance to rehab his career in Brooklyn. He'll put up good numbers and stat pad...then ST will clown Laker fans all over again :lol

wtf Lorenzo ?

Brazil
06-21-2017, 09:42 AM
oh boy, there are some threads to bump tbh... :lol

RsxPiimp
06-21-2017, 10:00 AM
i feel like the nets made out like bandit on this one. they basically got russell for $16 million a yr for 3 yrs. even if it doesn't pan out, they gave up nothing for him. wow.

ive always thought they could at least fleece the sixers for a high draft pick since they've always loved russell and pairing him with his buddy ben simmons would be ideal.

lakers couldnt even get brooklyns 22nd pick lol.

Splits
06-21-2017, 10:14 AM
The D'Bust era has come to an end :lmao

I for one would hate to be a fan of that franchise. WTF they tanked an entire season and just gave their gains away for nothing? To get rid of the first free agent signed less that a year ago, 5 minutes after the midnight deadline passed? What a disaster

LkrFan
06-21-2017, 10:36 AM
wtf Lorenzo ?

:lol

Killakobe81
06-21-2017, 11:40 AM
i feel like the nets made out like bandit on this one. they basically got russell for $16 million a yr for 3 yrs. even if it doesn't pan out, they gave up nothing for him. wow.

ive always thought they could at least fleece the sixers for a high draft pick since they've always loved russell and pairing him with his buddy ben simmons would be ideal.

lakers couldnt even get brooklyns 22nd pick lol.

agree not dure why we couldnt at least get their higher pick, smh

Thread
06-21-2017, 11:49 AM
The D'Bust era has come to an end :lmao

I for one would hate to be a fan of that franchise. WTF they tanked an entire season and just gave their gains away for nothing? To get rid of the first free agent signed less that a year ago, 5 minutes after the midnight deadline passed? What a disaster

(We) never rallied to his side during the fink situation. The players, the front office, our/the Media, LF's...instead we rallied to the side of that idiot Swaggy P. Rome was burning, but, we couldn't care less. Kupchak needed to take the lead there and embrace Russell, see him thru the process of acceptance of responsibility, a public apology and then rehabilitation. Instead Kups was too busy sorting his parachute out on the dining room table for when he had to hop out & auger in.

Russ could never surface in Los Angeles. Everytime he'd stick his up he'd get beaten down.

We permitted this to happen. We've nobody to blame but ourselves. We've yet to touch bottom.

The Gemini Method
06-21-2017, 11:50 AM
Getting rid of one of the worst contracts this side of giving the corpse of Kobe was a win. Lopez' contract is over after this year. If I were the GM I'd wait and accumulate the cap space and try and get 2 next off-season. The Ball era begins!!!!!

Thread
06-21-2017, 11:53 AM
agree not dure why we couldnt at least get their higher pick, smh

Because they had us by the shorties. We egged on that spectacle in Los Angeles, everybody saw us and they made notes. So, when we had to come a knockin' they reminded us that we had damaged goods. They knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt how the game is played:::they knew Russell would be given a 2nd chance AFTER he was traded and not one second before. But, that he'd be worth diddly on the trade block. We're fortunate to get what we got.

Raven
06-21-2017, 12:29 PM

you didn't. But let's now talk about how you guys are doing everything in power to dump away the awful contracts of deng and clarkson while hoping anyone gives anything in return for randle... Remember the time when those contracts were not that bad? :lol

Killakobe81
06-21-2017, 02:22 PM
you didn't. But let's now talk about how you guys are doing everything in power to dump away the awful contracts of deng and clarkson while hoping anyone gives anything in return for randle... Remember the time when those contracts were not that bad? :lol

who said that? i called it awful when they signed both I remember that ...so did 95% of posters here and on LG ...

Killakobe81
06-21-2017, 02:24 PM
(We) never rallied to his side during the fink situation. The players, the front office, our/the Media, LF's...instead we rallied to the side of that idiot Swaggy P. Rome was burning, but, we couldn't care less. Kupchak needed to take the lead there and embrace Russell, see him thru the process of acceptance of responsibility, a public apology and then rehabilitation. Instead Kups was too busy sorting his parachute out on the dining room table for when he had to hop out & auger in.

Russ could never surface in Los Angeles. Everytime he'd stick his up he'd get beaten down.

We permitted this to happen. We've nobody to blame but ourselves. We've yet to touch bottom.

great post ...Thread but fuck me if we havent seen bottom yet ...

LkrFan
06-21-2017, 02:32 PM
Don't worry, Magic's about to get taken to the cleaners by Indy after already getting fleeced by the Nets.

How much credibility do you give Bill Simmons?

:downspin: this shiiiiiiiit I said! :lmao

Minus the signing with LA part, BS is saying the same shit I've posted here. :)

Thread
06-21-2017, 02:59 PM
great post ...Thread but fuck me if we havent seen bottom yet ...

Unfortunately no. The bottom for us is foreign soil. We lived on an island provided by interests attached to us thru the old man. When that protection ended we didn't react correctly. Kupchak didn't know what to do beside run amok pushing buttons. But, we couldn't just throw him out in light of blinding reality. And he couldn't handle that reality.

I've spoken the term for us= (derelict). We're listless, no rudder, no acknowledgment of the truth-of the facts. So we teeter twixt fear & false bravado, between glorious past & incomprehensible future.

Killakobe81
06-21-2017, 03:02 PM
Unfortunately no. The bottom for us is foreign soil. We lived on an island provided by interests attached to us thru the old man. When that protection ended we didn't react correctly. Kupchak didn't know what to do beside run amok pushing buttons. But, we couldn't just throw him out in light of blinding reality. And he couldn't handle that reality.

I've spoken the term for us= (derelict). We're listless, no rudder, no acknowledgment of the truth-of the facts. So we teeter twixt fear & false bravado, between glorious past & incomprehensible future.

we are derelict but we have to rise at some point ...
yesterday did not give me hope ...

Raven
06-21-2017, 03:10 PM
who said that? i called it awful when they signed both I remember that ...so did 95% of posters here and on LG ...

The Clarkson one? Pretty sure almost nobody said it was a bad contract..

Raven
06-21-2017, 03:18 PM

let's see the situation as it is: they thought they drafted a pass first point guard with deadly shooting and size advantage and instead they got one of the worst passers at the position seen in the last decade, one of the worst defenders both from a mental and a physical standpoint, an absolute cancer in the locker room and a joke outside of it and of top of it, someone with so many gifted minutes and statpadding that would cost way way way too much to keep after the rookie contract. Dbust is just not a player that belongs in any playoff roster not today, not in the future. He was frankly an embarassment as the franchise player.

Clipper Nation
06-21-2017, 04:10 PM
None.

:lol Simmons

Chris
06-21-2017, 04:19 PM
Spursfan acting like they don't want Brook Lopez :lol He's an upgrade over Mozgov and is a decent center in today's (:lol) NBA

Raven
06-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Spursfan acting like they don't want Brook Lopez :lol He's an upgrade over Mozgov and is a decent center in today's (:lol) NBA

pretty sure nobody would rely on brook lopez while still trying to hold on to their sanity.

Chris
06-21-2017, 04:27 PM
pretty sure nobody would rely on brook lopez while still trying to hold on to their sanity.

When has he ever been on a decent team?

Raven
06-21-2017, 04:33 PM
When has he ever been on a decent team?

would you have him over Aldridge with a broken leg? Because imo the latter has a better chance of doing anything meaningful in the play offs..

Chris
06-21-2017, 05:01 PM
would you have him over Aldridge with a broken leg? Because imo the latter has a better chance of doing anything meaningful in the play offs..

His numbers aren't bad in the playoffs tbh

http://i.imgur.com/pyCudbk.png

UZER
06-21-2017, 07:09 PM

:downspin: this shiiiiiiiit I said! :lmao

Minus the signing with LA part, BS is saying the same shit I've posted here. :)

So he's a Warriors fan too?

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2017, 09:29 PM
First off I'm really too busy being knee deep off in pussy and vape'ing hella Dro to really care....but yes Dangelo was a major faggot....I would never like him after he purposely set Nick Young up like that...it's one of those unforgivable sins you just don't do that to your boy and then go run to the media with tape...that's some unheard of shit ....and no there are no similarities to Kobe not knowing he was being taped and trying to convince the cops that he and others usually fuck bitches on the road to avoid 20 to life. Basically the cops did to Kobe what Russell did to Young. secretly recording without knowledge . I would kill one of my boys had they done some shit like that..the media did nothing wrong to Russell he recorded while his boy was teaching him he game.and then ran to media with the tape. That bitch can go die somewhere...fucking faggot

Koolaid_Man
06-21-2017, 09:35 PM
the only way I accept Lebronze as a Laker is if Kobe is the head coach..that Nigga gotta always bow to Kobe

daslicer
06-21-2017, 09:55 PM
the only way I accept Lebronze as a Laker is if Kobe is the head coach..that Nigga gotta always bow to Kobe

Would you accept him if Magic is the head coach?

LkrFan
06-22-2017, 09:29 AM
So he's a Warriors fan too?

He's a Celtic fan through and through.

RsxPiimp
06-22-2017, 10:11 AM
His numbers aren't bad in the playoffs tbh

http://i.imgur.com/pyCudbk.png

damn never knew he could drop those numbers tbh. :wow

Chris
06-22-2017, 03:32 PM
damn never knew he could drop those numbers tbh. :wow

He's a good player on a shitty team. This was a great trade for the Lakers imo D'Angelo might be talented but he burned his bridges with the cell phone thing and you have to eliminate any kind of locker room cancer to move on.

Killakobe81
06-22-2017, 05:49 PM
mudiay being shopped
Russell traded
oak marginalized

what a shitty draft! tonights might not be much better tbh