PDA

View Full Version : Report: Spurs have "strong interest" in Derrick Rose

Uriel
06-22-2017, 11:29 AM

Spur|n|Austin
06-22-2017, 11:29 AM
I have zero interest in Rose, dude's always always always injured.

TimDunkem
06-22-2017, 11:30 AM
Ramona just spreads stuff she hears from Twitter.

If the Spurs have a choice between a Porsche and a Volvo, I'm sure they're aiming for the Porsche.

Probably just noise coming from Rose's agent.

Poolboy5623
06-22-2017, 11:30 AM
Why Rose? The Spurs already have 1 pg out with injury...

NickiRasgo
06-22-2017, 11:31 AM
If for vet. min., why not but I doubt. Depends on the price as well.

TimDunkem
06-22-2017, 11:31 AM
Why Rose? The Spurs already have 1 pg out with injury...
Exactly why this makes no sense.

Please don't take this thread to 30 pages, Spurstalk...

Jdspur20
06-22-2017, 11:33 AM

Yep, her entire career is re tweeting people....

timtonymanu
06-22-2017, 11:33 AM
Not a word on George Hill. I feel like he's coming back here more than Paul and Rose being realistic options.

NASpurs
06-22-2017, 11:34 AM
How strong is this interest in the Ramona Shelburne meter that ranges in her interest of exercising and not looking like a fat pig to stuffing your face with chimichangas?

Seventyniner
06-22-2017, 11:35 AM
Rose is plan F or G and would just be a stopgap until Parker recovers.

sasaint

If the Spurs have a choice between a Porsche and a Volvo, I'm sure they're aiming for the Porsche.

Probably just noise coming from Rose's agent.

Rose ain't no Volvo. More like a Chevy Pinto at this point.

RD2191
How strong is this interest in the Ramona Shelburne meter that ranges in her interest of exercising and not looking like a fat pig to stuffing your face with chimichangas?
:lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
She's a joke, she parrots what the Lakers tell her they want to get out, the rest is her dumpster diving on Twitter.

This thread shouldn't get to page two.

TimDunkem
06-22-2017, 11:36 AM
I was being nice. :lol

cd98
06-22-2017, 11:36 AM
Say sources in Derrick Rose's circles.

sasaint
06-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Not a word on George Hill. I feel like he's coming back here more than Paul and Rose being realistic options.

The silence is deafening. I agree. I think GHill was the Spurs' "realistic" aim all along. And I don't mind - especially since he will likely cost somewhat less, leaving us a little more cap space.

sasaint
06-22-2017, 11:39 AM
I was being nice. :lol

You, sir, are a real gentleman. :toast

Uriel
06-22-2017, 11:42 AM
FWIW, Shelbourne was the one who wrote that article on the Spurs shopping Aldridge. If you guys don't want to take her seriously on this, then you can't take her seriously on that.

TimDunkem
06-22-2017, 11:43 AM
FWIW, Shelbourne was the one who wrote that article on the Spurs shopping Aldridge. If you guys don't want to take her seriously on this, then you can't take her seriously on that.
Meh. Jackie McMullan broke the story last year. Again, Shelbourne only repeats what the Lakers tell her and whatever she hears on Twitter.

Chucho
06-22-2017, 11:47 AM

I'd take Rose over George Hill all day. I don't understand the love for him. He's had one great season to go with a bunch of mediocre seasons, he's slow and won't do anything to fix the offensive issues we have when Tony didn't play well for 80% of the season. Hill isn't a fit just because his shooting increased a bit and "he plays solid D". So does Danny and people are hoping to flip him. George isn't a winner or the missing piece, his addition would be akin to when we brought Steve Smith in.

buttsR4rebounding
06-22-2017, 11:50 AM

That would be a Ford Pinto. A Chevy Pinto would likely be quite valuable.

timtonymanu
06-22-2017, 11:56 AM
I'd take Rose over George Hill all day. I don't understand the love for him. He's had one great season to go with a bunch of mediocre seasons, he's slow and won't do anything to fix the offensive issues we have when Tony didn't play well for 80% of the season. Hill isn't a fit just because his shooting increased a bit and "he plays solid D". So does Danny and people are hoping to flip him. George isn't a winner or the missing piece, his addition would be akin to when we brought Steve Smith in.

I didn't say Hill was ideal but I personally prefer him over Rose. I just think he would be the most realistic get. There's already familiarity with the system, the players on the Spurs still seem close with him, and he fills a position of need, at least on paper.

I'm getting skeptical with the Spurs and big name players in the offseason though. It backfired with RJ and looks to be the case with LMA

GSH
06-22-2017, 11:57 AM

Don't you get a discount when the car has bad wheels?

sasaint
06-22-2017, 12:06 PM

:lol my bad. :toast

cjw
06-22-2017, 12:07 PM
For the vet min or room exception, I'd gladly take him. He's not option 1. But he's a hell of a lot better than Rubio.

Rose penetrates well - over 40% of shots from near the hoop, and was okay last year from long range twos so while his three point shooting is bad, he's not a complete negative shooter like Rubio who you'd have to trade for.

If he's willing to accept a secondary role - scorer off bench - he could flourish in a real system. Stop comparing him to what he used to be on his huge contract, and consider him in an environment when Victor Oladipo is getting $20mm+

boutons_deux
06-22-2017, 12:09 PM
he's walking wounded, so fragile

raybies
06-22-2017, 12:10 PM
Don't believe it. And it really depends if he gets the mid level or less. Don't want to pay him too much.

Mr. Body
06-22-2017, 12:11 PM
If he wasn't a fragile nutcase, sure.

SPURt
06-22-2017, 12:14 PM
Cheaper than Hill or Paul, at least three years younger than both, and would be the most willing to come off the bench when the starting lineup doesn't need him. In the Spurs, Rose would get a team in position to win and preserve his health. I would not be upset if the summer ended up putting Rose in a Spurs uniform.

If the Spurs showed zero interest in Rose I wouldn't want him at all, but since they obviously see something there I'd be happy with this pickup.

Chucho
06-22-2017, 12:18 PM
I didn't say Hill was ideal but I personally prefer him over Rose. I just think he would be the most realistic get. There's already familiarity with the system, the players on the Spurs still seem close with him, and he fills a position of need, at least on paper.

I'm getting skeptical with the Spurs and big name players in the offseason though. It backfired with RJ and looks to be the case with LMA

I also think a little of it has to do with how Pop integrates the players into the offense too. RJ was NOT a fit at all for the Spurs 2011 style offense. He wasn't afforded opportunities to get his easy baskets with drives to the hoops and he was relied on to do the Bruce Bowen and shoot threes from the corner and he wasn't a very good 3 point shooter.

We need 2nd and 3rd option minded players. We need a Paul Milsap type player. And if we go after alpha-minded players, we need gritty players willing to listen. I know Lowry has been a headache in his younger days, but I'd LOVE to have him play for us over all three- Rose, Hill and Paul.

As far as bigs go, I've no clue. We need some kind of inside scoring threat. The Spurs 3 pt threat is null and void if we can't get inside and Kawhi can't drive the lane every possession although I don't put it past Pop to try.

Horse
06-22-2017, 12:19 PM
The silence is deafening. I agree. I think GHill was the Spurs' "realistic" aim all along. And I don't mind - especially since he will likely cost somewhat less, leaving us a little more cap space.

Imagine the front court D if we keep Danny.

gambit1990
06-22-2017, 12:23 PM
gross.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-22-2017, 12:31 PM
:lol

look_at_g_shred
06-22-2017, 12:38 PM
groce.

szkorhetz
06-22-2017, 12:39 PM
Rose will be a SG in Pop's ''system'' TBH, effectively replacing Green. Nice way to force GSW defend more than two ball handlers.

BatManu20
06-22-2017, 12:44 PM
The fact that it's being reported makes me think it's bullshit. Better chance of George Hill coming back than Rose imo.

Chinook
06-22-2017, 12:45 PM
Rose will be a SG in Pop's ''system'' TBH, effectively replacing Green. Nice way to force GSW defend more than two ball handlers.

Wouldn't have to worry about the three-point line with Rose.

Mnky
06-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Wouldn't have to worry about the three-point line with Rose.

Didnt have to worry about it with danny tbh.

Ice009
06-22-2017, 01:07 PM
Fuck yo interest clown.

However, if he's cheap I'd take him.

Hoops Czar
06-22-2017, 01:13 PM

james evans
06-22-2017, 02:43 PM
Derrick Rose hasn't played a full season in years. Sighning Derrick Rose means you get him for a good 50+ games(if that) before he's hurt again

dbreiden83080
06-22-2017, 02:51 PM
I don't think anyone in the league is interested in Rose..

Keepin' it real
06-22-2017, 02:56 PM

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder430/250x250/65661430.jpg

TheCerebral1
06-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Yuck, iso ball hell, a player who doesn't care about anything but himself. Pass.

mudyez
06-22-2017, 03:34 PM
Dreaming of getting PG13 or CP3 or nice Draft picks.

Ending up with Rose. :(

ceperez
06-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Big time injury prone, but for a cheap price then why not?

Rose knows he needs a lot of rest to be effective and Spurs are one of those teams that'll give him that rest.

I don't think Parker is coming back. Even if he does, he's going to be a year older and a lot more timid.

sasaint
06-22-2017, 04:08 PM
Big time injury prone, but for a cheap price then why not?

Rose knows he needs a lot of rest to be effective and Spurs are one of those teams that'll give him that rest.

I don't think Parker is coming back. Even if he does, he's going to be a year older and a lot more timid.

If you whiff on CP3 or whoever you are targeting, DRose on a minimum to fill the breach and share PG duties with Dijon while he learns on the job until TP returns, okay, maybe. If you get 50 games from DRose and 50 games from TP and 100 from Dijon, that carries you pretty far.

cd98
06-22-2017, 04:59 PM
He's better than Kobe. I mean he raped and got away with it.

Down Under
06-22-2017, 05:06 PM
This is absolute BS. There's no way they'd be looking for a no defense PG who can't shoot.

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2017, 05:08 PM
This is absolute BS. There's no way they'd be looking for a no defense PG who can't shoot.

I can't imagine Pop wanting to coach Rose, tbh..can't even think of a plausible reason, he's so anti-Spurs in every way:lol

apalisoc_9
06-22-2017, 05:09 PM
I can't imagine Pop wanting to coach Rose, tbh..can't even think of a plausible reason, he's so anti-Spurs in every way:lol

Hey bro, srs..

You're no longer a spursfan right?

Damn bro.

spursistan
06-22-2017, 05:09 PM
Crude attempt by Rose agent at drumming up interest for his client..:sleep

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2017, 05:12 PM
Hey bro, srs..

Damn bro.

:lol stop man..why would I be discussing Spurs' free agent plans if I wasn't?

Very tough to cheer for players like Aldridge, Gasol, etc..

dabom
06-22-2017, 05:13 PM
Hey bro, srs..

Damn bro.

I didn't wanna say this either... :depressed

DMC
06-22-2017, 08:10 PM
Spurs have interest in him so did the Bulls and the Knicks too bad he couldn't play for them.

raybies
06-25-2017, 03:17 PM
Marc Berman reported that his range should be 10-12 per. Not sure...

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 03:23 PM
Not worth it even at 10 mill if he's going to be going down with injury.

Maybe if it was a one year deal...And only if the Spurs whiff on everyone else. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense.

Nathan89
06-25-2017, 03:27 PM
This would be an even worse pickup now that the team has so much youth tbh. Zero chance of this happening.

TheGreatYacht
06-25-2017, 03:29 PM
If this isn't a sign that PATFO is senile and out of touch....

Nathan89
06-25-2017, 03:33 PM
If this isn't a sign that PATFO is senile and out of touch....

If he was signed then yes but this is just a rumor.

spurraider21
06-25-2017, 03:37 PM
Meh. Jackie McMullan broke the story last year. Again, Shelbourne only repeats what the Lakers tell her and whatever she hears on Twitter.
no, mcmullan took a zach lowe offseason prediction and printed it as a story

raybies
06-25-2017, 04:16 PM
Not worth it even at 10 mill if he's going to be going down with injury.

Maybe if it was a one year deal...And only if the Spurs whiff on everyone else. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense.
Yeah I agree, but if it came down to Mills or Rose who would u rather have?

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 04:17 PM
no, mcmullan took a zach lowe offseason prediction and printed it as a story
Well, it isn't just a rumor now. Pretty obvious LMA wants out.

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 04:19 PM
Yeah I agree, but if it came down to Mills or Rose who would u rather have?
I'll take Rose no matter what, but I'm biased because I've had it up to here with Mills and want him off the team. His playoff performances since 2014 have been pathetic and he's clearly peaked.

raybies
06-25-2017, 04:50 PM
I'll take Rose no matter what, but I'm biased because I've had it up to here with Mills and want him off the team. His playoff performances since 2014 have been pathetic and he's clearly peaked.
Yup agreed. They probably be about the same price but I'd rather roll the dice with Rose.

BackHome
06-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Man we going to have a little ducking team cause I see LMA and Paul hurt most of the season sitting in the bench

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:40 PM
I think I agree with you and raybies in your sentiment, but having two PG's that have no range on their shots is not a recipe for success right now.

Phenomanul
06-26-2017, 05:08 PM
People don't understand how complex the Spurs' playbook is... and how Derrick Rose has a reputation for not being the "sharpest knife in the drawer"... those two premises don't mix very well.

szkorhetz
06-26-2017, 05:21 PM
People don't understand how complex the Spurs' playbook is... and how Derrick Rose has a reputation for not being the "sharpest knife in the drawer"... those two premises don't mix very well.
What playbook? Either give it to Kiwi for an iso or LMA in the low-post to create one of the ugliest offenses in the NBA. The complex playbook of us has gone a long time ago... (Probably went hand in hand with the beautiful game)

tmtcsc
06-26-2017, 11:28 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/EouEzI5bBR8uk/200.gif#0-grid1

DMC
06-26-2017, 11:37 PM
Rose at 11m would be a bargain. If he can play most of the season he'd be a hell of an upgrade over anything we have now.

SAGirl
06-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Frankly... this is an old rumor.
Not sure what to believe at this point. He has to be in the Plan C or D category, just right b4 starting Dijon or even less rook D.White.

BillMc
06-26-2017, 11:41 PM
Is anyone concerned, not only about Rose's health, but the fact that he just disappeared for a day or two last season? Was that ever resolved with the Knicks?

(Of course, if I were a Knick, I'd understand that impulse. :lol)

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2017, 11:56 PM
Is anyone concerned, not only about Rose's health, but the fact that he just disappeared for a day or two last season? Was that ever resolved with the Knicks?

(Of course, if I were a Knick, I'd understand that impulse. :lol)
Some say Pity Mills disappeared during the Warriors series when he had no Parker or Ginobili in the lineup to run the point. I didn't say it, people did.

Uriel
06-27-2017, 03:04 AM
Derrick Rose cheated on his SAT's because he failed the ACT three times. If that's not a red flag, I don't know what is. :lol

Chillen
06-27-2017, 03:21 AM
If Rose wants to be a San Antonio Spur, he will. Even if Spurs get CP3 if Rose wants to sign a vet min 1 year deal and come off the bench Spurs would have no problem giving him a shot. It's up to Derrick.

dabom
06-27-2017, 03:24 AM
Spurs would not give him a min deal if he asked. :lol

cutewizard
06-27-2017, 03:29 AM
CP3!

:claw

rastaspur
06-27-2017, 10:22 AM

Seems to be an easy decision if he is willing to play on a vets min deal. Why do you think they would reject him? Just curious

tmtcsc
06-27-2017, 10:28 AM
Rose at 11m would be a bargain. If he can play most of the season he'd be a hell of an upgrade over anything we have now.

I don't agree. Rose isn't the most intelligent player on/off the court, brings tons of mental & emotional baggage and has been hampered by injuries. No way in hell is he worth 11 Million, much less a "bargain" at the price. Not saying someone won't be stupid enough to pay that amount though.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-27-2017, 10:37 AM
Derrick Rose cheated on his SAT's because he failed the ACT three times. If that's not a red flag, I don't know what is. :lol

We're a long way from SAT scores. Now, multiple season ending leg injuries for a guy you're looking to replace a guy with a significant leg injury?

He's a hard pass. Can't believe this is at three pages now, Spurs might throw him a minimum contract if they miss on plans A-Z. People like Ramona suggesting the Spurs would give him significant money are just clueless.

rastaspur
06-27-2017, 10:39 AM
I don't agree. Rose isn't the most intelligent player on/off the court, brings tons of mental & emotional baggage and has been hampered by injuries. No way in hell is he worth 11 Million, much less a "bargain" at the price. Not saying someone won't be stupid enough to pay that amount though.

Anything more than 5 million a year and longer than 2 years is a gamble patfo shouldn't be willing to take on.

If he wants to do a 1 or 2 year rehab my reputation contract then go for it. Otherwise, no to rose

sasaint
06-27-2017, 11:28 AM

This. Way too many red flags and anti-Spurs tendencies. No way.

DMC
06-27-2017, 05:08 PM

You don't like him. I get that, but he's good enough as a player, a guy who can handle the ball and create his own shots. I don't like JR Smith either, same things... emotional baggage, friend killer, whatever. Spurs need offense. You aren't going to get that by going to the nice guys club and finding throwaway trading card players.

objective
06-27-2017, 05:55 PM
When Rose quits for a day and leaves without warning, Pop is not the type to welcome him back.

Better not be paying a high or multi-year salary when that happens

cd98
06-27-2017, 06:02 PM
TBH, sounds like a Phil Jackson rumor. He'll get into it after he signs Derrick to a max deal (assuming Derrick says he wants to be in the triangle offense).

TheDoctor
06-27-2017, 09:28 PM

outmap
06-28-2017, 03:05 AM
You don't like him. I get that, but he's good enough as a player, a guy who can handle the ball and create his own shots. I don't like JR Smith either, same things... emotional baggage, friend killer, whatever. Spurs need offense. You aren't going to get that by going to the nice guys club and finding throwaway trading card players.

Same with Michael Beasley, I don't like him but he's a great off the bench scorer that may come very cheap.

spurraider21
06-28-2017, 04:08 AM
you and your silly obsession with standardized testing

rjv
06-28-2017, 11:18 AM
in light of the CP3 news, one has to wonder how the value of rose was impacted. and no, i am not saying the spurs should go after him.

gambit1990
06-29-2017, 02:45 PM
division rival adds cp3... while the spurs have "strong interest" in derrick rose.

cd98
06-29-2017, 02:47 PM
division rival adds cp3... while the spurs have "strong interest" in derrick rose.

Hey, who has more MVPs, Paul or Rose? Who has gotten farther in the playoffs?

gambit1990
06-29-2017, 02:57 PM
the one rose has going for him is his confidence. he is NOT bashful. maybe spurs are thinking he comes off the bench?

really don't want him starting. really don't want him anywhere near kawhi tbh.

spurspokesman
06-29-2017, 02:58 PM
Maybe he is miraculously healthy as a spur. Maybe not....

Jdspur20
06-29-2017, 03:15 PM
It's crazy to think that he's only 28.