PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs. Warriors FO

MaNu4Tres
06-22-2017, 10:39 PM
After this draft, Warriors FO are really light-years ahead.

Hate to say it, but its the truth.

Spurs had Jordan Bell in their lap and they pass to select a 6'5 Kyle Anderson w/ a better shot that has a back up PG ceiling. White won't be able to defend any position other than the PG. I'm just disgusted.. to be honest. Sure White was a great scorer in college like Marcus Williams was, but he doesn't have the athleticism to really excel in the NBA on offense and doesn't have the athleticism to be versatile on defense. I see him like I saw Roger Mason defensively.

All while, GS trades into the 2nd round to select the 2nd coming of Draymond w/ Jordan Bell. The player Spurs should have drafted. The type of player Spurs desperately needed. Jordan Bell will be able to play at the end of games because of how versatile he is defensively.

Curry, Klay, KD, Draymond, Bell is not right.

I'm so pissed.

Mr. Body
06-22-2017, 10:42 PM
STAHP

timtonymanu
It's funny people still overrate this front office when they haven't struck gold since 2011 in the draft.

Spur|n|Austin
:lol I'm so pissed

please

Uriel
To be fair, Derrick White is ranked higher in DraftExpress' Top 100 Prospects than Jordan Bell. He's also ranked above him in almost every mock draft I've seen.

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2017, 10:43 PM
We were just having this discussion earlier today and people were getting offended:lol

They've been far ahead for 2 years, tbh..that's the most dangerous part about these Warriors and why they're so frightening, unfortunately..not only are they loaded with talent, but they also have an unrivaled front office..

This isn't the old Lakers that only relied on geography for their success, tbh..hopefully Curry suffers a career-ending injury during the off-season..

raybies
06-22-2017, 10:44 PM
said the same thing in the other thread. warriors fo> Disciplined to a fault.

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2017, 10:45 PM
Buford would've drafted Valenciunas if he was available instead of Kawhi :lol ....

Dude is living off a fluke pick and Presti drafting Parker...

tholdren
06-22-2017, 10:46 PM
To be fair, Derrick White is ranked higher in DraftExpress' Top 100 Prospects than Jordan Bell. He's also ranked above him in almost every mock draft I've seen.

I agree, but the hart thing is still confusing me.

Robz4000
06-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Ridiculous how far PATFO have fallen. Feel awful for Kawhi.

dabom
06-22-2017, 10:47 PM
We were just having this discussion earlier today and people were getting offended:lol

They've been far ahead for 2 years, tbh..that's the most dangerous part about these Warriors and why they're so frightening, unfortunately..not only are they loaded with talent, but they also have an unrivaled front office..

This isn't the old Lakers that only relied on geography for their success, tbh..hopefully Curry suffers a career-ending injury during the off-season..

I like. :lol

Chinook
And they want to keep Parker. Just paleolithic as fuck.

TheGreatYacht
And they want to keep Green and Aldridge. Just paleolithic as fuck.

Uriel
Damn those liberal west coast elites with their fancy Stanford degrees, cosmopolitan cities, and urban, tech-savvy lifestyles.

raybies
06-22-2017, 10:48 PM
welp, heres to another season with the same players

Mr. Body

Because Jordan Bell is a big project at this point.

Hoops Czar
The Spurs FO has been overrated for quite some time. They've had Duncan, prime Parker and Ginobili covering up their mistakes for years.

Ditty
06-22-2017, 10:51 PM
Derrick White is fine, stop overreacting.

I liked Bell, but he has flaws also.

Chinook
06-22-2017, 10:52 PM
Wonder if Pop is obsessed with handicaps

Russ
06-22-2017, 10:54 PM
Because Jordan Bell is a big project at this point.

He looks like a poor man's Dejuan Blair.

TheDoctor
06-22-2017, 10:55 PM
Wonder if Pop is obsessed with handicaps

Damn.

:lmao

Keepin' it real
06-22-2017, 10:56 PM
To be fair, both Pop and RC openly confessed in the past that Timmeh made them both look good. At the time it seemed like humbleness; now maybe just the truth?

phxspurfan
Ridiculous how far PATFO have fallen. Feel awful for Kawhi.

Kawhi will go to Magic's Lakers

Hoops Czar
Another draft day steal for the Spurs.

Mr. Body
06-22-2017, 10:57 PM

Uh, except with no offensive skill plus defensive skill.

palangi
06-22-2017, 11:00 PM

Spurs had Jordan Bell in their lap and they pass to select a 6'5 Kyle Anderson w/ a better shot that has a back up PG ceiling. White won't be able to defend any position other than the PG. I'm just disgusted.. to be honest. Sure White was a great scorer in college like Marcus Williams was, but he doesn't have the athleticism to really excel in the NBA on offense and doesn't have the athleticism to be versatile on defense. I see him like I saw Roger Mason defensively.

All while, GS trades into the 2nd round to select the 2nd coming of Draymond w/ Jordan Bell. The player Spurs should have drafted. The type of player Spurs desperately needed. Jordan Bell will be able to play at the end of games because of how versatile he is defensively.

I'm so pissed.

You guys and your love for am offensive challenged player is funny.

rasuo214
06-22-2017, 11:02 PM
Did you really compare Bell with Draymond?

Nathan89
06-22-2017, 11:02 PM
Spurstalk losing their shit over a prospect that isn't even better than Kyle Anderson. :lmao

Spurstalk opinion of Kyle Anderson would be completely different if he played on GSW though.

Spur|n|Austin
06-22-2017, 11:03 PM
Kawhi will go to Magic's Lakers

:lol at this point it's obvious you're trolling

objective
06-22-2017, 11:03 PM
It's not about White vs. Bell

It's about GS having nothing more than any other team in the league to compete with and get a trade done. They went and got Bell when everyone else could but wouldn't.

That's where the Spurs are falling short.

The Spurs are behind, they're the ones trying to make up ground. They should be striking first, getting talent for $ is cost effective in the long run when the money is that contextually small. 3.5% equivalent of the cap to lock a player for several years at cheap money is the smart way to attack.

Nathan89
06-22-2017, 11:07 PM
Kyle Anderson was a better and younger prospect when he was drafted. We should bump that draft thread to see how excited everyone was.

Keepin' it real
06-22-2017, 11:10 PM
Well, only one FO signed this guy, so...

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/pachulia.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

RD2191
06-22-2017, 11:11 PM
Well, only one FO signed this guy, so...

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/pachulia.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
:lmao

MaNu4Tres
06-22-2017, 11:12 PM
Derrick White is fine, stop overreacting.

I liked Bell, but he has flaws also.

Maybe a little overreacting :lol

I'm warming up to White, as I always usually do w/ who Spurs pick.

However, SA still had opportunity to get into 2nd round when Bell was there but they sat on their hands -- all while Warriors did what they had to do to improve their team.

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2017, 11:14 PM
Spurstalk losing their shit over a prospect that isn't even better than Kyle Anderson. :lmao

Spurstalk opinion of Kyle Anderson would be completely different if he played on GSW though.

It's not just about the players, it's the principle..even after all their recent success, they've still consistently looked to improve their team every year, even something as trivial as buying a 2nd round pick..

They won 73 games, yet still recruited Kevin Durant to join them:lol

MaNu4Tres
06-22-2017, 11:15 PM
Did you really compare Bell with Draymond?

Not right now. I was referring to how he projects if the work ethic is there.

Skill-set is very similar coming in -- potential is there. Bell can defend 5 positions, has a better stroke than Draymond did coming in. Both are monsters defensively.

You need defensive versatility in todays NBA. Spurs don't have that in the front court. They need it to get to the next level.

06-22-2017, 11:27 PM
It's not just about the players, it's the principle..even after all their recent success, they've still consistently looked to improve their team every year, even something as trivial as buying a 2nd round pick..

They won 73 games, yet still recruited Kevin Durant to join them:lol:lol you just know the Spurs would have stayed pat if they won 73 games last year

Theyre fat and apathetic after all these years of success.

06-22-2017, 11:28 PM
Did you really compare Bell with Draymond?Draymond was a 35th pick iirc, no one knew he'd become who he is.

TimDunkem
06-22-2017, 11:29 PM

Skill-set is very similar coming in -- potential is there. Bell can defend 5 positions, has a better stroke than Draymond did coming in. Both are monsters defensively.

You need defensive versatility in todays NBA. Spurs don't have that in the front court. They need it to get to the next level.Exactly my thoughts.

eDizzle20
06-22-2017, 11:32 PM
Warriors reportedly paid $3.5 million for Bell.

rasuo214
06-22-2017, 11:38 PM

You need defensive versatility in todays NBA. Spurs don't have that in the front court. They need it to get to the next level.

They aren't that similar other than both being undersized (although Draymond's length and strength makes up for that) and good defenders.

Nathan89
06-22-2017, 11:47 PM

They are good sure but Spurstalk is losing their shit over a lesser prospect than Kyle Anderson. Which is absurd because I think they lost their shit when we drafted Kyle Anderson.

Nathan89
06-22-2017, 11:49 PM
:lol you just know the Spurs would have stayed pat if they won 73 games last year

Theyre fat and apathetic after all these years of success.

Most of Spurstalk would've blew the team up long before 2013. We would've never won in 2014 and never had the opportunity to win in 2013.

rasuo214
06-22-2017, 11:50 PM
Draymond was a 35th pick iirc, no one knew he'd become who he is.

I'm not saying Bell won't be a good player or that he doesn't have potential but they aren't really the same type of player, other than both are undersized, good defenders with a good work ethic.

The knock against Draymond was that he was too small, not athletic enough and had limited upside/potential.

Draymond:

Strengths: The ultimate "Glue Guy", Green's strongest asset is his ability to contribute across the board ... He has a substantial wingspan with a strong frame, and is unafraid to bang with bigger bodies ... Good-looking shooter when his feet are set and he catches/releases in rhythm ... Can stretch the floor with NBA 3-point range ... His vision, passing and ability to facilitate out of the post make it difficult for off-ball defenders to keep their eyes on their man and the ball at the same time ... Reliable mid-range jumper ... Green is slippery with his back to the basket, with the ability to spin baseline or turn across the lane for the finish ... Terrific rebounder thanks to the combination of an aggressive motor and soft hands ... Unselfish and timely passer ... Overachiever. High basketball IQ ... Makes those around him better, possesses sense of maturity and leadership qualities ...

Weaknesses: One of those great college basketball players that doesn't excel in any one particular area ... Tweener, undersized for a physical forward yet lacks the athleticism of a wing ... Lacks explosiveness, agility, elusiveness and quickness off the bounce ... Under the rim finisher, which is troublesome when you consider his size ... Not a threat to shake his defender off the dribble ... Minimal upside ... Vulnerable defending quicker guards on the perimeter ... Could stand to drop some weight ...

Overall: The Big-Ten Player of the Year, Green has a number of likeable qualities, but not one specific skill that a team may be seeking ... He's a low-risk/low-reward pick considering his role-player potential and ability to fit in ... His ceiling dances around the mid-20s, where a playoff can use him right away to compliment its better players ...

james evans
06-23-2017, 12:04 AM
I think people just don't want to play for Popovich and I don't blame them

Spurtacular
06-23-2017, 12:07 AM
GS's job is much easier, tbh. They only need to draft tall lanky players who can become halfway decent stopgap role players.

james evans
06-23-2017, 12:09 AM
I'm not saying Bell won't be a good player or that he doesn't have potential but they aren't really the same type of player, other than both are undersized, good defenders with a good work ethic.

The knock against Draymond was that he was too small, not athletic enough and had limited upside/potential.

Draymond:

Strengths: The ultimate "Glue Guy", Green's strongest asset is his ability to contribute across the board ... He has a substantial wingspan with a strong frame, and is unafraid to bang with bigger bodies ... Good-looking shooter when his feet are set and he catches/releases in rhythm ... Can stretch the floor with NBA 3-point range ... His vision, passing and ability to facilitate out of the post make it difficult for off-ball defenders to keep their eyes on their man and the ball at the same time ... Reliable mid-range jumper ... Green is slippery with his back to the basket, with the ability to spin baseline or turn across the lane for the finish ... Terrific rebounder thanks to the combination of an aggressive motor and soft hands ... Unselfish and timely passer ... Overachiever. High basketball IQ ... Makes those around him better, possesses sense of maturity and leadership qualities ...

Weaknesses: One of those great college basketball players that doesn't excel in any one particular area ... Tweener, undersized for a physical forward yet lacks the athleticism of a wing ... Lacks explosiveness, agility, elusiveness and quickness off the bounce ... Under the rim finisher, which is troublesome when you consider his size ... Not a threat to shake his defender off the dribble ... Minimal upside ... Vulnerable defending quicker guards on the perimeter ... Could stand to drop some weight ...

Overall: The Big-Ten Player of the Year, Green has a number of likeable qualities, but not one specific skill that a team may be seeking ... He's a low-risk/low-reward pick considering his role-player potential and ability to fit in ... His ceiling dances around the mid-20s, where a playoff can use him right away to compliment its better players ...

If Draymond Green played for any team but the Warriors, no one would know him. It seems that everyone who plays with the warriors are allowed to get away with the most blatant shit . David West was doing shit this year that was getting him quick fouls last year playing with us. Same with Pachulla. Green is among the league leaders in fouls and those are just the ones they call. Put Deaundre Jordan on the Warriors and his fouls would decrease by 25%. Every few years, the league picks a team they want to promote and let get away with everything. Remember some years ago when Lebron went 3 games straight without committing a foul? How the fuck does that happen?

daslicer
06-23-2017, 12:28 AM
If Draymond Green played for any team but the Warriors, no one would know him. It seems that everyone who plays with the warriors are allowed to get away with the most blatant shit . David West was doing shit this year that was getting him quick fouls last year playing with us. Same with Pachulla. Green is among the league leaders in fouls and those are just the ones they call. Put Deaundre Jordan on the Warriors and his fouls would decrease by 25%. Every few years, the league picks a team they want to promote and let get away with everything. Remember some years ago when Lebron went 3 games straight without committing a foul? How the fuck does that happen?

I have said pretty much the same thing you have said which is Draymond is a ref reliant player. He relies heavily in getting away with hand checking on every possession, along with being able to commit illegal screens. Those skills are not transferable to a regular team. Anyways the Warriors are living rent free in a lot of these idiots heads including the the OP. They are a great team but they are not going to win forever. What a joke of thread this is since OP is screaming that the spurs didn't draft a scrub and the warriors got the scrub instead. ST needs to stop obsessing with them it's beyond pathetic even worse than when the Lakers were owning the Spurs during the early '00s.

cjw
06-23-2017, 12:33 AM
Warriors reportedly paid $3.5 million for Bell.

Yup. Warriors are drowning in Silicon Valley money so they basically said F it, let's call every team and whichever team takes the offer of the highest allowable - which is what they paid - we'll buy into the draft.

I think the NBA should eliminate the ability to buy picks. I'm fine with money being sent in a player trade to pay some of their salary, but this goes against the spirit of competitive balance.

I'd be even more pissed if I'm a Bulls fan. Not like I'm in a small market. Owner just literally pocketed $3.5 million so he can pay it to Rondo to go away. Pathetic

Mikeanaro
06-23-2017, 12:51 AM

That would change everything Im pretty sure, In GSW players just need to hit some shots or a layup since is a shooting team, but in SA they need to do 40 more things and then some shots.

rasuo214
06-23-2017, 12:57 AM

I don't know if no one would know about him but he probably wouldn't be nearly as well regarded (viewed as a top 10-20 player). I think Bell is a great fit for them because he doesn't need to do anything offensively and the Warriors can utilize his strengths while hiding his weaknesses (they made Javale McGee look great).

When it comes to the Spurs vs Warriors it's basically player development vs utilization/roster development. Spurs have been great at developing players, while the Warriors have been great at finding players that fit what they need and utilizing their strengths.

Mikeanaro
06-23-2017, 12:57 AM

They won 73 games and lost the finals, thats why they went to Durbeta and won 67 games, not 82.

cjw
06-23-2017, 01:00 AM
They won 73 games and lost the finals, thats why they went to Durbeta and won 67 games, not 82.

They actually won 83 games in '16-17 and have the last laugh, and the gate receipts from losing one game to Cleveland paid for Jordan Bell and then some

Lost 15 regular season plus one on the playoffs = 16 this year
Lost 9 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 4 last year = 18 last year

So despite no Durant for a month or so, they still decreased their loss total

Mikeanaro
06-23-2017, 01:02 AM
This thread is retarded, GSW is looking good because their starters are in their primes and do all the heavy work, plus the ref shit.
OKC had great picks and now is sinking like the titanic.
Would love to see what GSWFO can do when his starters are getting older.

Mikeanaro
06-23-2017, 01:04 AM
They actually won 83 games last year and have the last laugh, and the gate receipts from losing one game to Cleveland paid for Jordan Bell and then some

Lost 15 regular season plus one on the playoffs = 16 this year
Lost 9 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 4 last year = 18 last year

So despite no Durant for a month or so, they still decreased their loss total
There is no laugh in losing the finals when you have a 73 win team, plus who the fuck is Jordan Bell?

cjw
06-23-2017, 01:05 AM
This thread is retarded, GSW is looking good because their starters are in their primes and do all the heavy work, plus the ref shit.

This. A lot easier to look good when you have three of the top shooters in the league on your roster. They benefited significantly from sucking a while after the fun 2007 team and getting lottery picks. Spurs haven't drafted inside of 20 since 1997. Twenty years!

There is no laugh in losing the finals when you have a 73 win team, plus who the fuck is Jordan Bell?

I meant they had the last laughs this year. 67+16=83. Takes 16 wins to win title.

Confusing usage of this/last. Should clarify 16-17 and 15-16. Sorry

SAGirl
06-23-2017, 01:15 AM
Kyle Anderson was a better and younger prospect when he was drafted. We should bump that draft thread to see how excited everyone was.
Got triple doubles in college... got his team to the Ncaa sweet sixteen. He's a winner... won in the dleague summer league and will be winning in the NBA when given chances. Gets too much shit here uncessarily. It's nit like h didn't he show up in the playoffs when given chances.

Mikeanaro
06-23-2017, 01:16 AM
This. A lot easier to look good when you have three of the top shooters in the league on your roster. They benefited significantly from sucking a while after the fun 2007 team and getting lottery picks. Spurs haven't drafted inside of 20 since 1997. Twenty years!
And there is the fact that is a watered down league, Spurs did the right picks and had results vs Superlakers, Dallas, Phoenix, Pistons, Nets when they were in their primes.
GSW warriors faced injured teams 9 out of 12 times, and most were crappy anyway, easier to win when there is no competition, thats great for couch potato millennials because they watch all those wins in their smart phones!
:huddle:

SAGirl
06-23-2017, 01:20 AM

Draymond:

Exactly complementing better players is what he's done... good draft scout conclusion...

Hoops Czar
06-23-2017, 01:23 AM

Now apply this to the Spurs when they had a prime Duncan, Manu and Parker. It's easy to look like a competent GM when you have three of the best players in the league at their respective positions, playing at their best. You can actually afford to gift an untalented ginger a 10 year career and 27.1M and nobody is going to question it.

Btw, Warriors weren't historic and they weren't unbeatable. No Nurkic vs Portland, No Hill for games 2, 3 and 4 and a less than optimal Gobert vs Utah, No Parker or Leonard vs the Spurs and a Cleveland team that was ridiculed all season long for their lack of defense. Not to mention, the super team era has left the league as a whole watered down and devoid of talent.

Nathan89
06-23-2017, 01:30 AM
Bell isn't even close to the prospect that Draymond was. Terrible player comparison.

dabom
06-23-2017, 01:30 AM
Got triple doubles in college... got his team to the Ncaa sweet sixteen. He's a winner... won in the dleague summer league and will be winning in the NBA when given chances. Gets too much shit here uncessarily. It's nit like h didn't he show up in the playoffs when given chances.

Glad Pop subbed Kawhi with fathead just so the team could blow up. :lmao

dabom
06-23-2017, 01:35 AM
vs OKC

SAGirl
06-23-2017, 03:26 AM
vs OKC
Highest winshares in the team after Kawhi this potseason.. your boy mills was supposed to carry the offense since he's the microwave and his light bulb went out lol two seasons in a row
Last season Kyle was 22 and for so little involvtment he didn't have rhythm. How was he this season,? Yeah cry me a river

dabom
06-23-2017, 03:34 AM
Highest winshares in the team after Kawhi this potseason.. your boy mills was supposed to carry the offense since he's the microwave and his light bulb went out lol two seasons in a row
Last season Kyle was 22 and for so little involvtment he didn't have rhythm. How was he this season,? Yeah cry me a river

He was trash when it mattered. Nothing after Kawhi going down mattered. No pressure situation. You wouldn't know the difference though. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2017, 03:54 AM
Wow...

SAGirl
06-23-2017, 04:24 AM
Wow...
I mean he kept pumping mills as the most consistent player.... consistently coming up short... pun intended :lol

dabom
06-23-2017, 04:31 AM
We lose to the rockets without MVPatty. Fathead doesn't even move the needle. :lmao

ceperez
06-23-2017, 05:07 AM
Spurs had superiority over the league for years, but with the PATFO folks spreading out and getting jobs elsewhere, that expertise is now all over the place.

The Warriors are obviously today's king at picking, they picked their entire crew and their free agents. Spurs did not bother to pick up valuable players like Livingston and Clark when they were available in the past seasons. Also, Warriors have the money. What kind of organization pays $3.5m for a second round player? The kind that knows value when they see it.

Utah (also with Spurs personnel) may have also stolen a Spurs draft by paying money to draft one step higher than the Spurs.

What the Spurs got may be good role players, but not game changers with freakish capabilities.

FuzzyLumpkins
06-23-2017, 05:45 AM
:cry I'm a better scout than RC and POP but they didn't listen to me :cry

Horse
06-23-2017, 07:11 AM
So he's fathead with a shot? Well if fathead could shoot he'd be pretty good.

TD 21
06-23-2017, 04:04 PM
Yup. Warriors are drowning in Silicon Valley money so they basically said F it, let's call every team and whichever team takes the offer of the highest allowable - which is what they paid - we'll buy into the draft.

I think the NBA should eliminate the ability to buy picks. I'm fine with money being sent in a player trade to pay some of their salary, but this goes against the spirit of competitive balance.

I'd be even more pissed if I'm a Bulls fan. Not like I'm in a small market. Owner just literally pocketed $3.5 million so he can pay it to Rondo to go away. Pathetic

:tu

spursistan
06-23-2017, 04:11 PM

:tu..

This expanding warriors-slurping krew on ST :lmao..

Having said that, I'm not going to deny that PATFO hasn't made any FA/trade transaction in the last 5 years that has come to even move the needle on court (The Diaw pickup was the last one-- Spurs probably wouldn't have won Thunder series without him).

So yeah, the front office have beeen overrated for quite some time-- some of it self-inflicted (loyalty etc..)..

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2017, 04:19 PM

Having said that, I'm not going to deny that PATFO hasn't made any FA/trade transaction in the last 5 years that has come to even move the needle on court (The Diaw pickup was the last one-- Spurs probably wouldn't have won Thunder series without him).

So yeah, the front office have beeen overrated for quite some time-- some of it self-inflicted (loyalty etc..)..
The Diaw pickup was 95% Parker though :lol smh

spursistan
06-23-2017, 04:21 PM
The Diaw pickup was 95% Parker though :lol smh
AnD some want to trade Parker before we meet CP3 :lmao..

det Kiwi silver tongue is going to convince Paul..:lol

MultiTroll
06-23-2017, 04:25 PM
Pro's: for how 2017 ended, bottom line we were up 20 and cruising to Game 1 victory. Pops ball control offense was allowing the Spurs to be positioned for transition thusnot letting the Golden Phaggots get easy hoops. So which front office really did win in '17? We'll never know.

Cons: The ludicrous overpaying and length of contracts to slowing geezers. Da Phuck?

TheGreatYacht
06-23-2017, 04:29 PM
An some want to trade Parker before we meet CP3 :lmao..

det Kiwi silver tongue is going to convince Paul..:lol
Parker is responsible for the Diaw pickup, went to a Kevin Hart show with LMA before FA started, and met with Pau at the Olympics.

Some posters (with fishes in their Avis) think Green is more valuable to CP3 than Parker, one of his good friends, is :lmao

HOTS doing that dork Buford's work for him smh

Russ
06-23-2017, 04:33 PM
Bell isn't even close to the prospect that Draymond was. Terrible player comparison.

:toast

Everyone thinks he's Ben Wallace or Wes Unseld but I don't see it.

I think he's a very good college player whose skills won't translate.

Mikeanaro
06-23-2017, 04:42 PM

Exactly, Spurs made almost no moves since 2013 when the let Gary Neal go for Marco and then some other minor moves because the money was on Green, Mills, and Boris was 2.0, then Boris went to 0.5 and now Green and Mills regressed to the mean, so its time to get new players, they got what they wanted for a while.
I find funny how they put GSW as winners while they say they picked a turd...

¨Golden State used the pick to take Jordan Bell, a bouncy big man from Oregon who was slipping further than expected. Bell is undersized, can’t shoot and carries health concerns; but on the defensive end of the floor, he could hardly be better suited for the modern NBA. He can rebound and block shots. He can defend all over the floor. He can switch onto guards and handle pick-and-rolls. He’s exactly the type of player teams need to slow down the Warriors; instead, the Warriors swooped in for him themselves. It would not be at all surprising to see Bell getting real playing time in the 2018 NBA Finals¨

So he cant shoot and is well suited for the modern NBA also being undersized and with health issues? That hardly makes a winner.
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/APp_nVSYKGc5hCJMweziOg--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NjIxO2g9MTkx/http://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/924388da0c09f50bb1fe762655102ade

Yeah, loyalty contracts kill progress, but it seems Spurs are willing to get rid of lots of players this off-season.

Maddog
06-23-2017, 05:03 PM
From 2001 to 2012 GS had 11 lottery picks. They nailed two home runs and lucked into a great 2nd rounder. They used some of those whiffs to trade for complimentary players. Took advantage of a unique one time surge in cap space- combined with a desirable location to score a big time fre agent.

Spurs highest pick since 97 has been ?20 and rarely under 25, small market and an ownership without deep pockets. Before injuries, had a punchers chance with GS.

Based on this I'll give PATFO a benefit of the doubt on this pick, and see what else the off season holds.

Kurik
06-23-2017, 09:01 PM

I'm so pissed.

For what it's worth.

SPURt
06-23-2017, 09:07 PM
For what it's worth.

Poor kid, the Warriors are due for the injury bug. It's like pulling for the black guy in a 80's slasher.

Hoops Czar
06-23-2017, 09:21 PM
From 2001 to 2012 GS had 11 lottery picks. They nailed two home runs and lucked into a great 2nd rounder. They used some of those whiffs to trade for complimentary players. Took advantage of a unique one time surge in cap space- combined with a desirable location to score a big time fre agent.

Spurs highest pick since 97 has been ?20 and rarely under 25, small market and an ownership without deep pockets. Before injuries, had a punchers chance with GS.

Based on this I'll give PATFO a benefit of the doubt on this pick, and see what else the off season holds.

That small market without deep pockets barb is moot. This isn't baseball where the player goes to the highest bidder. There's a salary cap in place to keep small market teams relevant. If it weren't for the salary cap, San Antonio wouldn't have a team.

MaNu4Tres
07-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Jordan Bell tonight

5 points, 11 boards, 5 assists, 5 steals, 6 blocks

2nd coming of Draymond.

Ill never get over it. White hasnt been impressive. He'll be okay in Austin I guess.

TimDunkem
07-11-2017, 10:26 PM
The worst part is that we didn't even need guards. :lmao Bell was clearly going to be a steal at 29 and the Spurs blew it. Bell, Bolden, Thornwell, Evans, Bacon, Bryant, and others looked better than White did at 29.

rastaspur
07-11-2017, 10:31 PM

Sa girl showing some nasty. I like it. :bobo

Walter Donovan
07-11-2017, 10:32 PM
Sonics FO >>>>>>> Spurs FO

rastaspur
07-11-2017, 10:33 PM
The worst part is that we didn't even need guards. :lmao Bell was clearly going to be a steal at 29 and the Spurs blew it. Hell, Bolden, Thornwell, Evans, Bacon, Bryant, and others looked better than White did at 29.

Tell me about this hell guy. Is he good too?

RD2191
07-11-2017, 10:36 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/oh-snap.gif

TimDunkem
07-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Tell me about this hell guy. Is he good too?
:lol Damn it.

sexinthatsx
07-12-2017, 02:06 AM
A lot of Bell's highlights are of him being a pompous showboating jackass. He doesn't belong on the Spurs, and definitely belongs on the Warriors.

TheGreatYacht
07-12-2017, 03:10 AM
A lot of Bell's highlights are of him being a pompous showboating jackass. He doesn't belong on the Spurs, and definitely belongs on the Warriors.
Yup, the guy is a winner. Good fit for him there. At least we have Derrick White who will be gracious warming up the bench for 4 years

TheGreatYacht
07-12-2017, 03:12 AM
The worst part is that we didn't even need guards. :lmao Bell was clearly going to be a steal at 29 and the Spurs blew it. Bell, Bolden, Thornwell, Evans, Bacon, Bryant, and others looked better than White did at 29.
You can add Semi Ojeleye as well.

Can't wait for the resident RC Buford fluffers to change history 4 years from now and tell us drafting at 29 was hit or miss and there wasn't a lot of good players left.

duncan2150
07-12-2017, 03:13 AM

Not sure about that list , the only thing that you're right is that we need more of a PF/C than a guard. You say we don't need guards but you talk about Thornwell , Evans, Bacon ?

duncan2150
07-12-2017, 03:13 AM
You can add Semi Ojeleye as well.

Can't wait for the resident RC Buford fluffers to change history 4 years from now and tell us drafting at 29 was hit or miss and there wasn't a lot of good players left.

Ojeleye ? you guys are just overrating a lot of rookies.....

TheGreatYacht
07-12-2017, 03:22 AM
Ojeleye ? you guys are just overrating a lot of rookies.....
All of the rookies I had ahead of White are doing good :lol you can add Frank Mason III as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOr24LZEHK0&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5EwJ0dzFFE&feature=share

Meanwhile RC's last 5 first round picks are scrubbing it up so far. Livio, Milutinov, Fathead, Murray, White...

ceperez
07-12-2017, 05:15 AM
All of the rookies I had ahead of White are doing good :lol you can add Frank Mason III as well.

Meanwhile RC's last 5 first round picks are scrubbing it up so far. Livio, Milutinov, Fathead, Murray, White...

GSW and OKC are the best in the game these days in drafting talent. GSW drafted Curry, Thompson and Green. OKC drafted Durant, Westbrook and Harden.

Meanwhile Spurs keep missing out, Cojo instead of Butler, Livio (instead of buying down to get Gobert), 3 2015 draft picks all likely busts, Anderson instead of Jokic. Well Spurs have been better at developing players, decent ones but not stars.

duncan2150
07-12-2017, 05:32 AM

We'll see during the SR

duncan2150
07-12-2017, 05:33 AM
GSW and OKC are the best in the game these days in drafting talent. GSW drafted Curry, Thompson and Green. OKC drafted Durant, Westbrook and Harden.

Meanwhile Spurs keep missing out, Cojo instead of Butler, Livio (instead of buying down to get Gobert), 3 2015 draft picks all likely busts, Anderson instead of Jokic. Well Spurs have been better at developing players, decent ones but not stars.

You can't compare teams who are drafting in the lottery to the spurs and Okc had a lot of bust like Huestis for example.
Y

duncan2k5
07-12-2017, 06:27 AM

Part of if a player pans out depends on the team and coaching too...if we drafted butler, pop probably would have benched him

TimDunkem
07-12-2017, 07:50 AM
Not sure about that list , the only thing that you're right is that we need more of a PF/C than a guard. You say we don't need guards but you talk about Thornwell , Evans, Bacon ?Yes, I did mention them. If the FO absolutely needed a guard, they should have went with the guards that were clearly superior. Not White who's stuck in between a one and a two. Thornwell and Bacon are clearly superior at the 2 and Evans is clearly the better PG.

I would've went with Bell.

MultiTroll
07-12-2017, 07:59 AM
Part of if a player pans out depends on the team and coaching too...if we drafted butler, pop probably would have benched him
Really concerned Pop is attempting to force his "Be like Chrissy Paul" down Dejontes throat and it's jacking up his natural skills game.

YGWHI
07-12-2017, 09:24 AM

So we have to wait 10 years until Curry KD Klay Dray core would be in their mid 30's while Pop and RC keep signing 37-40 years old players like Parker, Pau and Manu??

This is getting better and better :depressed

bklynspursfan
07-12-2017, 09:33 AM
Let's wait and see how these guys do in the league and not the summer league. As great as the Spurs FO is, you aren't going to get steals every year.

bklynspursfan
07-12-2017, 09:37 AM
So we have to wait 10 years until Curry KD Klay Dray core would be in their mid 30's while Pop and RC keep signing 37-40 years old players like Parker, Pau and Manu??

Its not a sure thing they can even afford to keep that core together.

And we have always had a couple older guys on the team. Most championship teams do. It's all about who they can put around Kawhi, and once they've got some space, we'll see what happens.

YGWHI
07-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Let's wait and see how these guys do in the league and not the summer league. As great as the Spurs FO is, you aren't going to get steals every year.

Every year? The last draft steal the Spurs already made was Parker with the #28 pick in...2001.

Tell me about other steal after 2001. And don't mention Kawhi since it was a trade and a top 15 pick.

bklynspursfan
07-12-2017, 09:44 AM
Every year??? The last draft steal the Spurs already made was Parker with the #28 pick in...2001.

Tell me about other steal. And don't mention Kawhi since it was a trade and a top 15 pick.

Every year is an exaggeration, but many years. And considering the flaws people mentioned about Kawhi? Hell yea it's a steal. Who had him as the player he is now during the draft?

They've had guys come in and produce at a high level many times. Blair, Hill, Cojo, Splitter etc... They didn't all pan out with us, but considering where they were drafted, they were pretty damn impactful for us.

This space has the most spoiled fans ever, it's crazy.

YGWHI
07-12-2017, 10:01 AM
And again, a trade for a #15 pick is not a steal.

Draft steal: a player acquired by a team as a LOW draft pick or undrafted who exceedes expectations

unleashbaynes
07-12-2017, 10:08 AM
And again, a trade for a #15 pick is not a steal.

Draft steal: a player acquired by a team as a LOW draft pick or undrafted who exceedes expectations

I'd say that a 15th pick performing at MVP levels is stealing one.

bklynspursfan
07-12-2017, 10:20 AM
I'd say that a 15th pick performing at MVP levels is stealing one.

Seriously! Just look at this draft profile, the limitations to his offensive game and who he was compared to (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute/ Gerald Wallace)

He has been a steal for sure. Just ask Indy

Maddog
07-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Every year is an exaggeration, but many years. And considering the flaws people mentioned about Kawhi? Hell yea it's a steal. Who had him as the player he is now during the draft?

They've had guys come in and produce at a high level many times. Blair, Hill, Cojo, Splitter etc... They didn't all pan out with us, but considering where they were drafted, they were pretty damn impactful for us.

This space has the most spoiled fans ever, it's crazy.

The other place the Spurs FO has excelled is finding leftovers- waived players/older vets who can contribute.
DG, Mills, Simmons possibly Forbes

GSW from 2001 to 2012 had 11 lottery picks (7 top 10s 3 11s).
During this time period the Spurs had only one pick less than 26 (a 20).

bklynspursfan
07-12-2017, 10:46 AM
The other place the Spurs FO has excelled is finding leftovers- waived players/older vets who can contribute.

Yes, exactly. Diaw too was great for us after being waived by the worst team in the league. Lee last season, etc...

We haven't had a lottery pick since 97, and look at the success we've had.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2017, 10:59 AM

Iggy and Livingston say hi.

I can't believe we're arguing about this. Since 2014, Pop and R.C. have mailed it in. Golden State FO is running circles around them.

MaNu4Tres
07-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Whats funny is Spurs weren't even sold on trading Hill for the 15th pick (Leonard).

They called it the toughest decision they've ever made. Their conservative ways almost got the best of them again.

Nathan89
07-12-2017, 11:10 AM
What's remarkable is the Spurs got a undrafted player on their summer league better than any pick GSW has made the last two years.

Kyle Anderson would be seen as Draymond lite if he was on GSW and not some irrelevant scrub that can't play like he's seen as on the Spurs.

bklynspursfan
07-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Iggy and Livingston say hi.

I can't believe we're arguing about this. Since 2014, Pop and R.C. have mailed it in. Golden State FO is running circles around them.

Getting LMA was mailing it in?

bic50
07-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Whats funny is Spurs weren't even sold on trading Hill for the 15th pick (Leonard).

They called it the toughest decision they've ever made. Their conservative ways almost got the best of them again.
I think much of that had to do with the fact they liked hill so much. Including Tim and manu

benefactor
07-12-2017, 12:02 PM

To be fair, that's likely because they only saw Leonard as a solid role player. The fact that he has morphed into a superstar is damn near win-the-lottery-for-Duncan level dumb luck.

Mikeanaro
07-12-2017, 05:58 PM

You are mixing things up, ´14 was real for the Spurs but lets wait to ´27 to see how well GSW handle things with a core full of old farts, remember now the league pushes for young athletic guys and Curry and co wont be fast forever.
Spurs FO will have to wait on Parker and Manu, Pau took a cut but Im not happy with him anyway, now the only untouchable is Kawhi and that bitch LMA-O should be gone.

Mikeanaro
07-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Seriously! Just look at this draft profile, the limitations to his offensive game and who he was compared to (Luc Richard Mbah a Moute/ Gerald Wallace)

He has been a steal for sure. Just ask Indy
Im pretty sure Bird felt robbed and raped.

callo1
07-12-2017, 07:34 PM

Well, when you have been a 50 win team for 18 seasons and have made it to or beyond the WCF for 10 of those seasons with an additional 5 seasons to at least the Conference Semi Finals, the Spurs haven't had the luxury of drafting high picks. Apples to oranges comparison. Not to mention warriors ownership that is willing to put themselves in the luxury tax to the tune of 220 million in two years, which will be more than their total salary for the team.

The Spurs were up 23 points when Kawhi left the game due to injury. I really don't understand why so many people fail to understand the impact that had on the entire series. I don't want to hear about that "the warriors would have still won the series bla bla nonsense. The Spurs would have been up 1-0 having taken game one on their home court. I can't say the warriors wound not have won the series, but it is foolish nonsense to say the Spurs would not have had a chance. It probably goes 7 games.

Kawhi's injury changed the entire dynamic of the series. Who would have been the primary defender on Kawhi had he not been injured? Answer: Clay Thompson with some Iguodala thrown in here and there. So if Clay is on Kawhi, then Patty isn't getting suffocated by his defense. Who is guarding Patty then? Answer: Steph Curry. So you mean to tell me that Curry is going to have fresh legs chasing Patty all game? Without a doubt, Curry's legs arn't as fresh = less shots dropping for him.

Oh yeah, Pau and LA stunk it up, no doubt, they didn't step up. Question: Can the warriors send as many double teams from the baseline at Spurs bigs if Kawhi is still on the floor? I think we all know the answer to that.

And then there was that guy named Tony Parker, who with the exception of an 0-4 shooting night in game 1 against Memphis was 37 of 67 (52% shooting) with 93 points, before he was injured with 8:54 left in the 4th in game 2 against Houston.

The Spurs had already lost depth before Kawhi ever went down, and somehow there are delusional people on this forum who believe the Spurs never had a chance of beating the warriors. In addition, these same people think we needed to bring on Chris Paul to have a chance of competing at all in the 2017-18 season.

"The Spurs FO sucks" "The FO is paralyzed" "How can we expect to win anything with Houston now leap frogging us?" ....yada yada.

The Spurs took a low risk high reward chance with Rudy Gay, and added a 6'11'' PF/C who can move his feet and close out on shooters due to good footwork and solid lateral quickness. They are putting themselves in position to make switching on those high pick and rolls that hurt them against Houston and GS far less necessary than last season. And I have no doubt there are still moves to make. If you are expecting the Spurs to match the warriors spending, you might just want to quit wearing silver and black t-shirts and jerseys.

Oh, I almost forgot about that guy named Forbes. The guy has packed on more muscle, worked on his pg skills, mid-range game, he developed a decent floater and can score after contact. I am not saying he is the second coming of Payton, Stockton, or even a prime TP, but his improvement is most certainly evident. If he continues to work he will no longer be an "undersized" 2 guard but instead find himself as a solid slightly taller than average pg.

On the topic of Houston. I can't wait to see how that Harden / Melo / Paul combination works if the Melo trade goes down. Melo is a ball-stopping black hole on offense, and Harden needs the ball in his hands to be the most effective. I'm not saying it can't work, but egos will have to be sacrificed for it to do so, and to be honest, I just think their is too much ego to make it happen.

PublicOption
07-13-2017, 04:08 AM
They are blowing past the salary cap....we should do the same....if not...boycott the games for lack of guts by the front office.

TheGreatYacht
07-13-2017, 05:15 AM
They are blowing past the salary cap....we should do the same....if not...boycott the games for lack of guts by the front office.
I thought the AT&T Center was doing a boycott the whole time.

timtonymanu
11-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Bump.

Warriors making the small right moves while Spurs overpaid for 2 declined role players and a rookie who’s stuck on the bench as usual.

Robz4000
11-02-2017, 09:16 PM
This hasn't been a debate since 2014. Wouldn't even have PATFO in the Top 10 list of FOs anymore.

tholdren
11-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Bump.

Warriors making the small right moves while Spurs overpaid for 2 declined role players and a rookie who’s stuck on the bench as usual.

Spurs are missing 2 of their best players.

TheGreatYacht
11-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Randall Paul, Ru y Gay, Pauline Gasol, and the Mexican vacuum nose were great Golden State Warriors tonight.

daslicer
11-02-2017, 09:18 PM
Bump.

:lol I didn't know adding Durant was a small right move. Warriors are unstoppable right now mainly because they added Durant. They haven't made any other great moves. Spurs did screw up Mills and Gasol signings.

objective
11-02-2017, 09:52 PM
Why bother drafting a slow 23 year old combo guard when you're dead set on paying a fat declining 6 foot shooting guard 50 million?

TheGreatYacht
11-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Why bother drafting a slow 23 year old combo guard when you're dead set on paying a fat declining 6 foot shooting guard 50 million?
When you said "set to pay a Fat declining ___", I was thinking of 4 players.

That when you know your FO done shit the bed :lol

MaNu4Tres
11-02-2017, 11:49 PM
Spurs are missing 2 of their best players.

Parker hasnt been one of the best players in over 3 years. And no, a 6 game flash in a pan sample size does not count.

MaNu4Tres
11-02-2017, 11:54 PM

If Spurs want to give themselves their best chance in May, they need to give Murray, Paul & Forbes opportunities over Patty. Regardless, with Mills in or out of the lineup, this team has a 2nd round floor w Kawhi. Play the players that have the higher ceiling now and hope they progress from now til May...without a huge trade ..that is their only hope.

Trade Patty for an expiring. Weve seen his best days already, hes all downhill from here

TimDunkem
11-02-2017, 11:57 PM
If Spurs want to give themselves their best chance in May, they need to give Murray, Paul & Forbes opportunities over Patty. Regardless, with Mills in or out of the lineup, this team has a 2nd round floor w Kawhi. Play the players that have the higher ceiling now and hope they progress from now til May...without a huge trade ..that is their only hope.

Trade Patty for an expiring. Weve seen his best days already, hes all downhill from here

Who would trade for the bum now? Not only is he fat, can't run an offense, and plays no D, but he can hardly shoot or finish at the rim anymore.

Worst part is that PATFO would never trade their beloved Patty anyway.

MaNu4Tres
11-03-2017, 12:01 AM
Who would trade for the bum now? Not only is he fat, can't run an offense, and plays no D, but he can hardly shoot or finish at the rim anymore.

Worst part is that PATFO would never trade their beloved Patty anyway.

Patty and a 2nd to Minny for Aldrichs expiring + filler.

objective
11-03-2017, 12:24 AM

You should add White to your list if players who should play ahead of Mills. I would move him ahead of Forbes.

I wouldn't be so sure of a second round floor. They barely got by a crippled Memphis in the first round last year. Now they have worse talent, missing Simmons and a worse Manu, worse Pau, worse Mills, worse Parker. One bad matchup and they're done.

I doubt Minny would take the crap Mills contract for Aldrich, maybe the Spurs would have to add a pick. I hope it would happen though.

Maybe in the summer a pick or two could get that last year of George Hill who is also playing poorly but still light years ahead of Mills. Can't really work this year because of the tax screwing up the amount the Spurs can take back.

I think I'd even be okay with sacrificing Murray to get off that Mills deal. It sounds bad, really bad. But Mills is that corrosive. Just start White and give Parker a Manu level deal to scrub around off the bench.

UZER
11-03-2017, 01:21 AM
If Patty isn't traded, he's playing over every guard not named Parker or Danny.

At this point in his career, Pop doesn't give a shit about best players who can produce. It's about tenure and who is being paid more to play. And he's gonna ride or die with those guys.

If they don't win, it won't bother him one bit.

spursistan
11-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Pretty obvious there was zero analytical input/scouting that was taken into consideration when they broke the bank for these two turds-- just like any other dumb, antiquated FO operation..

Pop just signed two guys he could have a glass of wine with talking Catalonia separatism, aboriginal culture and other controversial issues in foreign lands.

sasaint
11-03-2017, 12:01 PM
This hasn't been a debate since 2014. Wouldn't even have PATFO in the Top 10 list of FOs anymore.

PATFO needs to go. With their decision-making, this team could be in deep trouble.

sasaint
11-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Pretty obvious there was zero analytical input/scouting that was taken into consideration when they broke the bank for these two turds-- just like any other dumb, antiquated FO operation..

Pop just signed two guys he could have a glass of wine with talking Catalonia separatism, aboriginal culture and other controversial issues in foreign lands.

Spurs culture.

spursistan
12-23-2017, 06:41 AM

For a team short on versatile young bigs, he surely would've helped..PATFO should be embarrassed ..

r0drig0lac
12-23-2017, 06:50 AM

For a team short on versatile young bigs, he surely would've helped..PATFO should be embarrassed ..

great pick, I would like to see Blossomgame in SA

SPURt
12-23-2017, 07:09 AM

Wait till D White is averaging 8 pts, 3 rbs, 3 asts two years from now. Gonna be awesome.

Phenomanul
12-23-2017, 12:51 PM
In all fairness their number one option was Kyle Kuzma before he was taken two spots above Derrick White

TD 21
12-23-2017, 05:06 PM

Clearly didn't pick him because his brashness doesn't fit their precious culture.

Before anyone mentions Blair, that was 5 years before the '14 championship, after which they began to believe their own hype.

palangi
12-23-2017, 09:03 PM

You and me both. Cut Brandon Paul and bring him up.

palangi
12-23-2017, 09:13 PM

I'd also like to see the center kid Brimha up in San Antonio too. He could be like a Capela in Houston. A shot blocking rebounder. That cleans up around the hoop. It's better than jof.

Unfortunately pop thinks rookies need training wheels.

MaNu4Tres
12-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Clearly didn't pick him because his brashness doesn't fit their precious culture.

Before anyone mentions Blair, that was 5 years before the '14 championship, after which they began to believe their own hype.

I don't think that was it. There were no red flags regarding his character.

MaNu4Tres
12-26-2017, 11:26 AM
Over the Past 5 games:

9 points, 6 boards, 3 assists 2 blocks, 1 steal per game in 24 mpg

For the Year:

Over 21 PER. LEADING the Warriors in Defensive RPM with 4.5, 2nd on the Warriors in BPM, 4th in VORP.

Fuzzy Lumpkins, Nathan89, Russ, Mr Body and others... might want to pay closer attention next time.

TD 21
12-26-2017, 11:18 PM
I don't think that was it. There were no red flags regarding his character.

I know, but to Spurs, brashness is a red flag and unlike Murray, Bell's is extroverted. He's too demonstrative and overt for their taste.

I heard Anunoby and him fell because they were flagged as possible long term medical risks. Makes sense, since it was obvious at the time that they both should have went much higher based on talent.

ElNono
12-26-2017, 11:20 PM
We have Forbes, they don't, tbh :hat

SAGirl
12-27-2017, 12:29 AM
I know, but to Spurs, brashness is a red flag and unlike Murray, Bell's is extroverted. He's too demonstrative and overt for their taste.

I heard Anunoby and him fell because they were flagged as possible long term medical risks. Makes sense, since it was obvious at the time that they both should have went much higher based on talent.
Someone posted this in the think tank.

Medical red flags didn’t prevent the Spurs from drafting Blair. Maybe they did fall in love with Derrick White.

Still it’s kinda inexplicable. I still don’t think Bell would have gotten much run in the Spurs nor would he look as good as he does in GSW frankly. We all just have to look at Davis Bertans for someone with talent who is buried.

TD 21
12-27-2017, 12:39 AM
Someone posted this in the think tank.

Medical red flags didn’t prevent the Spurs from drafting Blair. Maybe they did fall in love with Derrick White.

Still it’s kinda inexplicable. I still don’t think Bell would have gotten much run in the Spurs nor would he look as good as he does in GSW frankly. We all just have to look at Davis Bertans for someone with talent who is buried.

Think a combination of Bell's outward brashness and being a red flag medically did him in, in Spurs' eyes.

Bell was going to be a fine role player anywhere. Bertans is behind Aldridge, Gay, Anderson and sometimes even Leonard, for PF minutes. Bell would have only been behind Gasol and Aldridge for C minutes. It would have taken all of about 2 minutes for them to come to the undeniable conclusion that he's clearly superior to Lauvergne.

SAGirl
12-27-2017, 12:49 AM
Think a combination of Bell's outward brashness and being a red flag medically did him in, in Spurs' eyes.

Bell was going to be a fine role player anywhere. Bertans is behind Aldridge, Gay, Anderson and sometimes even Leonard, for PF minutes. Bell would have only been behind Gasol and Aldridge for C minutes. It would have taken all of about 2 minutes for them to come to the undeniable conclusion that he's clearly superior to Lauvergne.
That’s a good point about the position he would play.

I read an interview from RC where he said he had scouted Lauvergne extensively bc he had played In Partizan with Davis and obviously Tony knows him personally from team France. Chalk it up to Spurs for foreign legion scouting.

Ice009
12-27-2017, 01:35 AM
That’s a good point about the position he would play.

I read an interview from RC where he said he had scouted Lauvergne extensively bc he had played In Partizan with Davis and obviously Tony knows him personally from team France. Chalk it up to Spurs for foreign legion scouting.

But a french poster here said that Joffery is basically a scrub and that his ceiling is pretty much an 8th or 9th man. The person said this during the preseason when Joffery was playing great. I thought he was being too harsh. It seems like he was correct. If I french poster on Spurstalk knew this from watching him play, how can the Spurs get it so wrong? Their scouting must suck.

Snaq O'Meal
12-27-2017, 05:22 AM
But a french poster here said that Joffery is basically a scrub and that his ceiling is pretty much an 8th or 9th man. The person said this during the preseason when Joffery was playing great. I thought he was being too harsh. It seems like he was correct. If I french poster on Spurstalk knew this from watching him play, how can the Spurs get it so wrong? Their scouting must suck.

The scouting has been sucking ever since Sam Presti left the building.

The Spurs found themselves in this situation after draft picks were squandered to appease Pop’s fetish for midgets. RC blowing his load on Patty and Pau didn’t help either.

With severe budget limitations, Parker could only address the team’s dire need for a big man by getting Joff. But it shouldn’t have come to this if PATFO bothered to do the job that they were paid for.

MaNu4Tres
12-31-2017, 12:26 AM
In a time in the NBA where it's a perimeter oriented game. They have refused to change the core of the back court in over 4 years now ( Tony/ Patty, Danny/ Manu). And it looks like they will lock up 75% of this core for another 2-3 years too.

This team won't be making any progress, unless this is changed. And I'm staring at Parker and Patty.

daslicer
12-31-2017, 03:11 AM
I like to see how great the Warriors FO will be 5-7 years from now when Curry,Durant,Klay are all way past their primes. Keep in mind that Myers didn't draft Curry and Klay. He's drafted Draymond,Barnes,Ezeli,Bell. He's very good at drafting role players but I like to see if he can pluck a star out of nowhere then I will be impressed. Warriors FO have been the recipients of a lot of good luck in landing Durant and Curry's cheap contract was a gift from god for the Warriors FO. Warriors also lucked out that Jerry West prevented Myers and Lacob from trading Klay for Kevin Love back in the summer of 2014. Had that trade gone down the Warriors would not have won the championship. I remember during the 90's when the bulls GM Krause was hailed as a genius for drafting Pippen,Grant,Armstrong,Kukoc, and making trades for Cartwright,Longley,Rodman along with signing FA's Kerr, and Ron Harper. Once the bulls broke up Krause had a series of bad drafts and trades that resulted in him getting canned. My point is we won't know how great the Warriors FO really is until they are forced to rebuild or in a situation that the Spurs were in from '08-'11 in which their core is way past their prime.

I'm more impressed with Boston's FO than I'm with the Warriors. Ainge and Stevens has done a masterful job in rebuilding the Celtics within a few years of losing Allen,Pierce,KG. They have drafted well, signed good FA's like Hortford, and have made good trades in getting Isiah from the Suns and then eventually flipping him for Kyrie along with stocking up on draft picks. If you want to compare the Spurs FO compared them to the Celtics FO. I feel Boston's FO's success has been more strategic and less to do with luck and fluky situations unlike the Warriors.

tbdog
12-31-2017, 05:20 AM
Warriors FO have been the recipients of a lot of good luck in landing Durant and Curry's cheap contract was a gift from god for the Warriors FO.

Plus the instant cap increase from the cable deal the NBA signed. It allowed them to get Durant and also keep Livingston and Perhaps Iggy.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-31-2017, 05:46 AM
Warriors FO blows the Spurs FO out of the water. It’s not even close right now.

objective
12-31-2017, 06:14 AM
Bell is 5th in the league at defending shots at the rim, that's good front office work at an insanely cheap price.

Bad front office work?

Joffrey Lauvergne.

duncan2150
12-31-2017, 06:43 AM
Bell is 5th in the league at defending shots at the rim, that's good front office work at an insanely cheap price.

Bad front office work?

Joffrey Lauvergne.

Do you really think Bell would have changed a lot’of Things for the Spurs this year ?
The warriors made a steal with him in the second round but he’s a good rookie/ role player in a very good team but that’s it now.

objective
12-31-2017, 07:24 AM
Do you really think Bell would have changed a lot’of Things for the Spurs this year ?
The warriors made a steal with him in the second round but he’s a good rookie/ role player in a very good team but that’s it now.

Yes, Bell would be making an impact. He's an impact player who makes plays, possession winning plays and possession affecting plays. Even as a rookie. The rest of roster is such trash at the big spots that he would have been given chances and would have forced his way into minutes. Even without being a shooter, he's a positive difference maker and would be that for the Spurs.

Joffrey is such trash that he's the only legit big on the bench and still routinely doesn't get off the bench.

Bell just had 4 blocks against the Grizzlies. Joffrey STILL has ZERO blocks as a Spur and Bull. He's a negative impact player. Bell already has more career blocks. And is tied for career steals already.

Joffrey is just plain bad. And shows the difference in the front offices. Joffrey is a scrub who was on his way back to Europe before the Spurs got him. The Spurs needed a reserve big, desperately. They were losing an offensive big in Lee and a defensive big in Dedmon, and with Joffrey got a much worse defender than both and a much worse offensive player than both. It was a massive failure.

The Warriors didn't NEED to get a backup big. They still had McGee and were bringing back Zaza and West and had a young guy with Looney. They had no first round pick.

But they went and got him. And he would be the third best big on the Spurs, easily.

Could have spent the money to buy the second rounder, if they added their own second on top to swap the Bulls choose the Spurs. It's not like old Blossomgame is doing anything for them.

Could have drafted Bell over the slow 23 year old combo guard they took when they were desperate to sign bloated Mills and play Forbes anyway.

duncan2150
12-31-2017, 08:11 AM
I’m ok about joeffrey but you overrate Bell imo. I would like To have Bell, really but for me he would not have changed a lot this spurs team. Off course we need some rim protection but imo Bell would have been a liability on offense.

And for white, he was not a need but i’m sure he’s better than forbes... we’ll if he’s that bad in 2-3 years.

MaNu4Tres
12-31-2017, 08:29 AM
I’m ok about joeffrey but you overrate Bell imo. I would like To have Bell, really but for me he would not have changed a lot this spurs team. Off course we need some rim protection but imo Bell would have been a liability on offense.

And for white, he was not a need but i’m sure he’s better than forbes... we’ll if he’s that bad in 2-3 years.

Liability on O?

You don't understand basketball. It's as simple as that.

Athletic divers at the 5 spot, that can pass like Bell help out the O significantly without needing to be a shooter. The pressure he puts on the rim when rolling opens up the weakside shooters as the weakside defenders have to rotate over towards the paint. Bells passing ability out of the roll makes him even more valuable in PnRs. He's also great at reading, passing out of all DHO options.

If you think he's a liability on O because he can't shoot, you don't know or don't watch basketball enough.

duncan2150
12-31-2017, 09:19 AM
A liability for the Spurs, you saw dedmon last year.

And i watch basket-ball and some Warriors game, ok he can pass the ball, but for me he's a good role player, active, who can protect the rim... Better Than What We have on the bench but i'm not as high as you about him.

And Playing with the Warriors make him Better like mc caw.... It's easier To play with such a team but i repeat, i Would like To have him with the team.

TheGreatYacht
12-31-2017, 10:08 AM
Bell is averaging 13/10/5 as well as 3 blocks and 2 steals Per36. Dude will be a stud.

As per usual though, retards will give Drunkford another pass for fumbling the draft despite there being tons of talent there at 29....

Derrick White will join the ranks of Livio, Milutinov, James Anderson, Oseph, Murray, and Fathead. Thank god the Raptors took Valenciunas in 2011 or he would've been our franchise player over Kawhi. (According to Woj) :lol

UZER
12-31-2017, 10:10 AM
Bell is averaging 13/10/5 as well as 3 blocks and 2 steals Per36. Dude will be a stud.

As per usual though, retards will give Drunkford another pass for fumbling the draft despite there being tons of talent there at 29....

Derrick White will join the ranks of Livio, Milutinov, Anderson, Oseph, Murray, and Fathead.

Who cares. He has a Spurs soul. :cry

TheGreatYacht
12-31-2017, 10:12 AM
Who cares. He has a Spurs soul. :cry
Old one-dimensional scrub looking to get a fat paycheck from PATFO?

SAGirl
12-31-2017, 12:49 PM

Bad front office work?

Joffrey Lauvergne.
Specially when Bell was there available with their 29th pick for free. Many posters here wanted him.

daslicer
12-31-2017, 01:15 PM
A liability for the Spurs, you saw dedmon last year.

And i watch basket-ball and some Warriors game, ok he can pass the ball, but for me he's a good role player, active, who can protect the rim... Better Than What We have on the bench but i'm not as high as you about him.

And Playing with the Warriors make him Better like mc caw.... It's easier To play with such a team but i repeat, i Would like To have him with the team.

Agreed he's a good role player in the Warriors system. He's high energy hustle type of player but I don't see him every being a star in this league like a lot of people making him out to be on this board. Javale McGee put up similar numbers as him last year for the Warriors. It just goes to show you how the Warrior's system is ideal for athletic bigs.

daslicer
12-31-2017, 01:55 PM
On a side note I can't wait to see this board's reaction when the Warriors draft Umar Jackson.

objective
12-31-2017, 07:42 PM

I don't think Bell is being overrated. I don't think he'll be an all-star. He's a rotation big, and on a super loaded team he can get away with being a spot starter.

But he IS a legit role player who deserves NBA minutes as a role player, hustle player, defender, difference maker.

Compare him to Joffrey. Joffrey belongs in Europe. I wasn't sold on Joffrey in the summer, but didn't kill the signing because I hadn't watched him enough and was desperate for him to be good, because they needed him to work out. He hasn't.

Role playing hustle big > scrub big. Joffrey plays defense like a 6-10 Marco. Here is a marginally effective offensive rebounder and finisher around the rim who is unfortunately a chucker. He can't defend like Dedmon. Can't space vertically like Dedmon. Can't run the floor like Dedmon. Can't roll and finish like Lee. Can't shoot look Lee. Doesn't rotate like Lee.

Regarding White, I like him better than Forbes. But Pop has enough bodies at the guard spot to fart around with to keep him in Austin. With Bell, there is so little that could block his path to minutes that I can't imagine he wouldn't be playing. Blair defended like a clown with nba bigs in front of him, but even he worked into minutes. Because when he was young and in shape he made plays and an impact.