PDA

View Full Version : LMA's value is at an all time low. Spurs should keep him...

playbonner15
06-24-2017, 11:16 PM
For the moment, until he reestablishes himself as a viable trade piece. That GSW series tarnished that 60win season and people think he made no effort. I think FO also knows this so if they see they cant get anything of value from him, I expect Murray, Manu to feed him the ball consistently this season until some owner forgets hes really a sad sack of shit and exchange some nice players for him

sasaint
06-24-2017, 11:18 PM
No. Would rather bring back Bonner.

palangi
06-24-2017, 11:21 PM
No I'd rather go with Kyle Anderson and Davis Bertans.

Play Boban
06-24-2017, 11:23 PM
I won't watch a single game if this pos is still on our team.

SAGirl
06-24-2017, 11:28 PM
I believe the reports about him, there are several, from different sources reporting the same thing: that he's disgruntled frustrated and wants out.
Usa today:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2017/06/22/lamarcus-aldridge-frustration-spurs-exploring-trade/420644001/

the Spurs are faced with all sorts of uncertainty that could lead to them surging ahead or falling behind.
The first front and center issue to be resolved? LaMarcus Aldridge.
According to a person with knowledge of the Spurs forward’s situation, it’s the 31-year-old’s unhappiness in San Antonio that is the driving force behind the Spurs’ trade talks on Thursday. The five-time All-Star, according to the person, is hopeful that San Antonio can find a better fit for his talents.
The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation.
The Spurs are known to be talking to several teams about the possibility of trading Aldridge, with their hope of landing a high first-round pick in the Thursday draft.

They weren't able to get a draft pick high enough for a player that they liked so he's still in the team... but he was very much on his way out. I believe RC is doing some damage control with his statements that they want to make the team better but also like what they have bc he's getting extremely low ball offers but he's on his way out. I can't imagine he stays in the team when things have reached this spot.

tmtcsc
06-24-2017, 11:42 PM
His last year in Portland may give us hope that he wants to raise his market value. He actually may not give a fuck about the team but play hard for his own selfish reasons. I hope he doesn't get the chance to do it here. I really don't care for the guy and I get nauseous just seeing him in a Spurs jersey.

This is hilarious: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19710521&ex_cid=espnapi_public

John B
06-24-2017, 11:51 PM
If we could get a three teams trade with suns or blazers to get Porzingis

Spurtacular
06-24-2017, 11:58 PM
Since when does Stephen A Smith get to establish what is the truth, especially as it relates to the Spurs?

playbonner15
06-25-2017, 12:47 AM
Clearly SAS is trying to drum something up. LMA is still part of a core that won back to back 60 games and reached the WCF. He disappeared in the playoffs when it mattered but hes still a good regular season player. I really hope FO gets something of value in return

nyspurguy
06-25-2017, 12:48 AM
We can't even get Melo for Aldridge...damn

tmtcsc
06-25-2017, 01:02 AM
We can't even get Melo for Aldridge...damn

My hope would be that if the Spurs get CP3 to come here, Melo would agree to a buy-out and join the Spurs to play with his buddy. Of course, in my little fantasy, Melo comes off the bench in a scoring role and doesn't cost the Spurs more than a vet minimum. You have to play defense to get playing time in San Antonio though. That would be a problem for Melo.

SAGirl
06-25-2017, 01:25 AM
This is hilarious: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19710521&ex_cid=espnapi_public
I watched that and you know what? Pierce is right. He didn't seem happy and he didn't play with effort. I bet in a right situation (whatever that is for him), he will come out balling again. It won't be the Spurs. Hopefully some team buys in to the fact he wasn't doing well bc of that and trades for him...

playbonner15
06-25-2017, 01:44 AM
If Dedmon doesnt resign? Whos gonna be the team's bigmen? Gasol, Bertans, and someone from the summer league?

playbonner15
06-25-2017, 01:47 AM
Truth is no one wants LMA at the moment. Waiting how FO spins this

John B
06-25-2017, 02:42 AM
My hope would be that if the Spurs get CP3 to come here, Melo would agree to a buy-out and join the Spurs to play with his buddy. Of course, in my little fantasy, Melo comes off the bench in a scoring role and doesn't cost the Spurs more than a vet minimum. You have to play defense to get playing time in San Antonio though. That would be a problem for Melo.

Or Aldridge goes up to 5 and Melo plays 4 and with CP3? I'm getting a boner just thinking about it.

gospursgojas
06-25-2017, 03:14 AM
Or Aldridge goes up to 5 and Melo plays 4 and with CP3? I'm getting a boner just thinking about it.

Diva Aldridge refuses to play 5

skulls138
06-25-2017, 03:17 AM
For the moment, until he reestablishes himself as a viable trade piece. That GSW series tarnished that 60win season and people think he made no effort. I think FO also knows this so if they see they cant get anything of value from him, I expect Murray, Manu to feed him the ball consistently this season until some owner forgets hes really a sad sack of shit and exchange some nice players for himNo doubt, I just hope he doesn't hold the team hostage. Fortunately his futures on the line too. You don't have to be friends to work well together.

Emperor
06-25-2017, 03:32 AM
Diva Aldridge refuses to play 5

He can't even post up a pg let alone a 5. If he had some cajones he'd be hella good as a center since he seems to be strong enough just not willing and quite passive for a big man.

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 06:15 AM
Aldridge would indeed be the perfect center in today's NBA if he were actually tough in the paint, and improved his 3pt shot.

Too bad he isn't the former, and hasn't improved the latter.

venitian navigator
06-25-2017, 06:31 AM
frankly, if we have to get rid of him, after tryng something on nba trade machine, i've seen there could be a lot of potential trades that makes sense for both teams...one, for example, is trading him to the clips for another player that has a low market value as of now...De Andre Jordan.
But that's just an example...the combination of his value and his contract makes him valuable for a lot of teams...

100%duncan
06-25-2017, 07:40 AM
Can people stop citing this 60 win season as if Kawhi didn't carry the team all year long? Truth be told, rest of the team were inconsistent outside Kawhi, including obviously Aldridge.

r0drig0lac
06-25-2017, 07:47 AM
no

MaNu4Tres
06-25-2017, 07:58 AM
Spurs will dump him for barely anything if they can get a replacement to commit via Free Agency. ( Millsap, Blake, Ibaka or a combination of Pat Patterson or Taj Gibson & another player)

If they cant via Free Agency, then theyll explore trading for salary.

Twisted_Dawg
06-25-2017, 08:34 AM
Can you imagine the reception from the fanbase this gutless, pussy POS will get if he is on the team on opening night? It will get real ugly real quick.

weebo
06-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Melo? :lol
Just another diva...

cjw
06-25-2017, 10:55 AM
No. Would rather bring back Bonner.

Given you'll have those two regardless, it's would you rather have Aldridge or $21mm of cap space?

tim_duncan_fan
06-25-2017, 11:14 AM
He's going to be on the team this year. The whole year.

Because everyone knows he's mostly done, and what's left in the tank isn't worth dealing with his soft mentality.

We're stuck with him.

bic50
06-25-2017, 11:16 AM
Can you imagine the reception from the fanbase this gutless, pussy POS will get if he is on the team on opening night? It will get real ugly real quick.
Yeah Spurs need to get rid of him.

Spur|n|Austin
06-25-2017, 11:19 AM
There's no way he's on the roster on opening night.

palangi
06-25-2017, 11:26 AM
I'd like to see us trade with the Suns and get Bender and the contact of Brandon Knight. Hopefully knight could raise his trade value as the second team PG in San Antonio.

MaNu4Tres
06-25-2017, 11:29 AM
He's going to be on the team this year. The whole year.

Because everyone knows he's mostly done, and what's left in the tank isn't worth dealing with his soft mentality.

We're stuck with him.

No hes not.

tmtcsc
06-25-2017, 11:31 AM
There's no way he's on the roster on opening night.

I sincerely hope you're right but I can see him being here. Its not out of the question he stays but I imagine they want to rid themselves of this cancer. The problem is, he put up decent (not great) numbers and was part of a plan designed to beat the Dubs. The Spurs will have to find a good replacement at the PF spot.

His selfishness in regards to his "game" and concern for his numbers is not good for team morale. Ironically, that same self-interest for his numbers in a potential contract year might produce the results the Spurs wanted all along.

100%duncan
06-25-2017, 11:32 AM
I sincerely hope you're right but I can see him being here. Its not out of the question he stays but I imagine they want to rid themselves of this cancer. The problem is, he put up decent (not great) numbers and was part of a plan designed to beat the Dubs. The Spurs will have to find a good replacement at the PF spot.

His selfishness in regards to his "game" and concern for his numbers is not good for team morale. Ironically, that same self-interest for his numbers in a potential contract year might produce the results the Spurs wanted all along.

You are too optimistic for your own good

picnroll
06-25-2017, 11:39 AM
Spurs won't get rid of him before opening night unless they get what they feel is adequate value at that point, a useful player, long term they want or short term that doesn't compromise cap space or for the salary cap space to sign a CP3 type. Next point of getting rid of him is the trade deadline for the best deal available for them. They might even keep him past that if he's playing well, Spurs are playing well and they can't getting anything worthwhile. If Aldridge is smart, questionable for this diva, he'll get in shape and play his ass off. His next contract depends on it.

TheGreatYacht
06-25-2017, 11:39 AM
Trey Lyles got the Jazz the 13th pick :lol

Either Buford isn't shopping Aldridge or his awkward ass is the worst negotiator ever...

MaNu4Tres
06-25-2017, 12:10 PM
The 24th was attached to it. And Lyles still has tons of room to grow

UZER
06-25-2017, 12:25 PM
Posted this in another thread:

Anyone seen the movie Little Big League? There is a great scene where a disgruntled vet is half assing his play because he wants to be traded. The kid manager (you have to see the movie) calls him out basically saying "you'll play, and you'll play hard, because if you don't, you're only lowering your own value and nobody will want you.

I looked for the clip on YouTube to post it but can't find it. Its a decent movie too with some great baseball scenes.

Splits
06-25-2017, 12:39 PM
ST has a short memory. This nig dropped 34/12 on the road in a closeout game to get us to the conference finals while Kawhi was resting a sore vag.

Then, Kawhi re-injures his vag and we lose to one of the greatest teams in NBA history. And it is LMA's fault?

GTFOH.

ace3g
06-25-2017, 12:44 PM
ST has a short memory. This nig dropped 34/12 on the road in a closeout game to get us to the conference finals while Kawhi was resting a sore vag.

Then, Kawhi re-injures his vag and we lose to one of the greatest teams in NBA history. And it is LMA's fault?

GTFOH.

Yes because in all 4 games vs WCF he was lethargic and had a 5 and 6 point scoring game...

Kurik

GTFOH.

LMA has a short memory too apparently.

palangi
Putting LMA over Kawhi. ....we now know who not to listen to.

Splits
06-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Yes because in all 4 games vs WCF he was lethargic and had a 5 and 6 point scoring game...

Except he didn't, he averaged 16. He had a shitty series like the rest of the team while Kawhi was trying to figure out which finger to use to apply his vagasil and how not to sprain his ankle on his own teammate.

palangi
06-25-2017, 12:51 PM
Except he didn't, he averaged 16. He had a shitty series like the rest of the team while Kawhi was trying to figure out which finger to use to apply his vagasil and how not to sprain his ankle on his own teammate.

Embarrassing.

Splits
06-25-2017, 12:55 PM
:cry I'm a sheep. I only like to read and agree with the group-think opinions on ST :cry

I'm also a faggot

palangi
06-25-2017, 01:04 PM
So saying stupid shit makes you right?

Faggot

bic50
06-25-2017, 01:07 PM

GTFOH.
No ones blaming lma for the loss. It was his effort the rest of the series that didn't sit well with coaches and fans. Simmons atleast showed some fight and went down swinging while lma just gave up. If it weren't for Parker and Kawhi Spurs probably go out in the 1st round against the grizz because lma the max player barely showed up in he series also.

picnroll
06-25-2017, 01:11 PM

If rumors are true, in spite of your view, the league doesn't view Aldridge all that highly right now.

palangi
06-25-2017, 01:11 PM
I say stupid shit to get attention, because I live in my patents basement.

SAGirl
06-25-2017, 01:38 PM
The 24th was attached to it. And Lyles still has tons of room to grow

not just that, I bet there conditional deals lined up for picks, but Spurs were likely only completing the trade if a player they liked was at the spot. They wouldn't trade him for some pick they believed to be comparable or similar to what/who would have been available at 29 anyways... I believe they had some targets for the trade and couldn't get the guy. The Spurs desire to get in the lottery tells me it was one of the talents that went highest in the lottery... likely not available at 13...

dabom
06-25-2017, 01:42 PM
If only LMA was a true second option Kawhi wouldn't have to carry so fucking much, he probably wouldn't have worn down. :lmao

dbreiden83080
06-25-2017, 02:49 PM
Has no choice but to play hard, if he wants another good contract..

Mikeanaro
06-25-2017, 02:52 PM
He averaged 16 on how many shots?

hater
06-25-2017, 03:50 PM
Im not sure its at all time low.

In 1955 when Lamarsha never existed I think he might have had a lower trade value.

dbestpro
06-25-2017, 04:13 PM
The Spurs will not dump him to get rid of him. Even if he has to be the 12th man on the bench, they will wait him out and use his salary to get a player they like come midseason.

duncan2k5
06-25-2017, 04:26 PM
It isn't about the numbers...Aldridge displayed zero effort and grit the entire season...we dont need an effortless cancer in the locker room... I'd prefer demarcus cousins...at least he gives 100% effort all the time

cd98
06-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Doesn't matter what you think of LMA, there are no great trade options. He'll be a Spur because he's not worth dumping at a detriment, like giving up a pick or taking back a bad contract. Hopefully he'll get that if he doesn't come in shape and with the right attitude, he'll either be out of the league or get low balled next year when he opts out.

Mikeanaro
06-25-2017, 04:39 PM
Doesn't matter what you think of LMA, there are no great trade options. He'll be a Spur because he's not worth dumping at a detriment, like giving up a pick or taking back a bad contract. Hopefully he'll get that if he doesn't come in shape and with the right attitude, he'll either be out of the league or get low balled next year when he opts out.
He quit on the Spurs, unfollowed them from his Tweeter account, its a pretty secure thing to say he asked for a trade and if they dont do that he will be fatter than ever and even crying during games considering his softness.
There is some value on him, just look how Dwert moves from one team to another and he is done done, or trash like Wade.

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 04:43 PM
Pop should bring him off the bench as punishment. :lol Guy would probably break down mid-season and refuse to suit up.

Mikeanaro
06-25-2017, 04:49 PM
LMA during Spurs mid-season

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT1XGZxa4TC6Pt1PGw/giphy.gif

Seventyniner
06-25-2017, 05:45 PM

Out of the league? I highly doubt that. There are plenty of teams that will pay for a name.

And if he plays so badly that he might drop out of the league, he's 100% going to opt in.

MaNu4Tres
06-25-2017, 06:00 PM

He wont be a Spur. You can book that.

He'll be dumped for space if SA can get a FA big to commit.

If SA cant reel a FA big in, then SA will trade him for salary.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-25-2017, 06:35 PM
Tbh the pressure would be on him to have a much better year this upcoming season. If he doesn't like it here and wants to opt out, he needs to show the rest of the league he's worth another long term deal. Retaining him for this year isn't a bad idea.

Biggems
06-25-2017, 06:41 PM
LaSuckus Softridge needs to go

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 06:43 PM
Tbh the pressure would be on him to have a much better year this upcoming season. If he doesn't like it here and wants to opt out, he needs to show the rest of the league he's worth another long term deal. Retaining him for this year isn't a bad idea.You don't think it'll hurt the team in any way to keep such a dysfunctional, disgruntled, selfish, cancerous player for another full year?

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 06:44 PM
Seriously, the Aldridge stuff is so widespread now, I wouldn't be surprised if he's booed at the AT&T center next season...

Him staying wouldn't look good at all.

CGD
06-25-2017, 06:51 PM
I think PHX is the only place we can really try to deal him at this point. We'll get a shit hual that involves taking back Knights deal to boot.

picnroll
06-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Spurs aren't taking back any bad contracts. Book it.

bklynspursfan
06-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Tbh the pressure would be on him to have a much better year this upcoming season. If he doesn't like it here and wants to opt out, he needs to show the rest of the league he's worth another long term deal. Retaining him for this year isn't a bad idea.

He doesn't seem like that kind of guy. Seems more like a guy who might half ass it until he gets what he wants

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I can't see the Spurs taking on a bad contract when it's clear they want cap flexibility. They'll dump him to a team that can absorb his salary first.

ace3g
06-25-2017, 06:59 PM

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 07:01 PM
Damn. Regulated to the bargain bin. No wonder I haven't seen any LA gear in the Spurs merchandise sections lately. :lol

It just gets worse and worse for LA in SA.

Capt Bringdown
06-25-2017, 08:23 PM

Not so hilarious for the Spurs and their fans - Pierce was spot on. Spurs are fucked.

vander
06-25-2017, 09:16 PM
don't know why you people are hating LMA so much. his softness and lack of Kawhi-level dedication were known before he signed and he was still max-contract player in spite of those issues.

he played great defense, occasionally played great offense, and I agree with Chinook that Pop did not use him correctly.

he was not responsible for Kawhi getting injured
he was not responsible for Durant joining the Warriors

he hasn't cost the Spurs any titles like Manu or Popovich have.

tmtcsc
06-25-2017, 09:43 PM
Not so hilarious for the Spurs and their fans - Pierce was spot on. Spurs are fucked.

No they aren't. The Spurs apparently wouldn't mind moving him for cap space. If a good deal presents itself, some team will take him. If they can't move him and he's here another year, its in his best interest to have a career year to fix his perceived market value. The fans just don't want to have to see him in a Spurs uniform. He will get booed early on, I'm sure.

cd98
06-25-2017, 10:00 PM
TBH a lot of great athletes don't have to work as hard because they are talented. When his jumper is falling, he doesn't have to do the hard work to get a basket. But at some point, even your talent isn't enough.

i remember one tennis player was talking about how hard Pat McEnroe practiced and how John didn't have to practice as hard because of his natural talent. But as Pat got older, winning became harder. And talent wasn't enough. And he faded pretty fast.

lilbthebasedgod
06-25-2017, 10:13 PM
Not only keep him, understand his concerns and give him the chance to prove himself right. It helps both sides.

gambit1990
06-25-2017, 10:41 PM
wanted la off the team asap after the recent reports that came out... but the spurs will be without parker for awhile so la's value will go up.

crossposting cause relevant:

not making excuses for lma but i too think he has not been utilized spectacularly.

tony (and pop) have been in the way of kawhi and la establishing a two man game.

tony made shots in these past playoffs but... the left is la with tony and the right is la without tony:
https://image.ibb.co/k8Gg8Q/zz.png

and la had 28 & 8 in game 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjtXZKfy73g

kawhi's injury rendered everything moot and (obviously) broke the spurs' back.

i'm okay now with not getting rid of la asap (unless that costs cp3). i'm okay with trading him a couple months into the season. he will look better against regular season opponents than he did without kawhi against the warriors.

playbonner15
06-25-2017, 10:48 PM
Seriously, the Aldridge stuff is so widespread now, I wouldn't be surprised if he's booed at the AT&T center next season...

Him staying wouldn't look good at all.

Boos are expected on opening night if LMA is still on the team

gospursgojas
06-25-2017, 11:23 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed, but is there a scenario in which Spurs can get Paul without clearing LMA's salary? Therefore both end up on team next year?

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 11:24 PM
You'd have to move two of either Pau, Tony, and Green, I believe.

We all know that isn't happening. :lol

Blackjack
06-25-2017, 11:56 PM
Truth is this:

LMA isn't a go-to or 1A-type of star. But, he would be a benefit to more than 90% of the league that ain't sniffing a championship in the next few years.

That's the truth. We dislike him for legitimate reasons because of our team's objective. But these teams trying to build to those aspirations, they need to check themselves. Not saying they're going to, just stating an observation.

LMA could really help some folks - even if he can't go left.

illusioNtEk
06-26-2017, 12:01 AM
Your acting like Melo is a scrub... Melo is an allstar

DMC
06-26-2017, 12:08 AM
Aldridge would indeed be the perfect center in today's NBA if he were actually tough in the paint, and improved his 3pt shot.

Too bad he isn't the former, and hasn't improved the latter.

This doesn't make any sense. A center shouldn't be shooting the three in the first place. LMA isn't a center, in the 2nd place (just shoehorned into that role by Pop et al) and has always thrived with the short range jump shot.

You cannot judge the guy by how well he played with Tony and Kawhi out for the rest of the year. You can only judge his effort, and there's a weird notion people seem to have that they can discern effort by results or body language or facial expressions.

He's going to end up somewhere like Cleveland or Golden State. He will play the same way and be successful at it.

The Spurs are trying to get blood from a turnip. They make the WCF without their starting PG and an injured KL. They overachieved. You have to give LMA at least half a season to see how it goes.

TimDunkem
06-26-2017, 01:00 AM
God, DMC is a dumb mother fucker. I never even said he was a center. Just that he has the tools be the perfect center. :lol

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 01:11 AM
God, DMC is a dumb mother fucker. I never even said he was a center. Just that he has the tools be the perfect center. :lol

In fairness, the perfect center was Tim Duncan. Just like when Phoenix was the offensive juggernaut.

The problem is, there ain't any big guys out there to expose and exploit the small-ball lineups anymore.

Big guys are trying to play smaller and smaller. It's fucking stupid that teams are allowed to expose and exploit players with a decided physical advantage. Yet, that's what's happening.

Today's NBA.

DAF86
06-26-2017, 01:23 AM

It's trending, tbh.

TimDunkem
06-26-2017, 01:24 AM
In fairness, the perfect center was Tim Duncan. Just like when Phoenix was the offensive juggernaut.

The problem is, there ain't any big guys out there to expose and exploit the small-ball lineups anymore.

Big guys are trying to play smaller and smaller. It's fucking stupid that teams are allowed to expose and exploit players with a decided physical advantage. Yet, that's what's happening.

Today's NBA.
Well, that's what I mean. The guy has the tools to stretch the floor AND punish guys down low. I just don't think he has the will to do it consistently if things are not going his way.

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 01:35 AM
Well, that's what I mean. The guy has the tools to stretch the floor AND punish guys down low. I just don't think he has the will to do it consistently if things are not going his way.

I get what you're saying. And, technically, I agree with you on tools.

Problem is, LMA is somewhere between D-Rob and TD, in the least positive ways.

He's like Dave in that he's more face-up than post - lacking Dave's freakish athleticism.

He's like Tim in his length and mobility around the rim - lacking the toughness in the paint or overall BBIQ.

He's got great tools and he could be an asset to alot of different teams, he's just not an ultimate winner.

He doesn't have the right make-up - which is unfortunate.

TimDunkem
06-26-2017, 01:39 AM
It's a shame..

Kind of embarrassed I wanted this guy back in 2015. :lol

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 01:43 AM
I was never a fan or proponent of him, but figured you'd have to take a shot on that talent.

Which is why I'm skeptical about CP3 - have the same thoughts and feeling.

hooperflash
06-26-2017, 02:10 AM
I was excited when we got him but he's been afraid of the rim these past couple of seasons. Nowadays you see a lot of the younger generation of hoopers attack the rim as if life depended on it.

SAGirl
06-26-2017, 02:28 AM
It's a shame bc even if Pop were to adjust things like it seems they wanted, and add a super talented playmaker like CP3... LMA decided that he wants out... that scares other FA from coming to a disfunctional situation. He ended up cutting off teammates in Portland for example. he was already aloof he's probably not going to give a shit about anybody if he's not traded. It's overall not a good situation. He may even play hard bc he didn't lay down and stop trying in portland either... but they also didn't win diddly squat.

Ice009
06-26-2017, 03:38 AM
I wanted him, but I also thought that Tim would still be playing. After the 2015 playoffs, I thought Tim would still play another 2-3 years, especially if they could get someone to take a lot of the load off of him. That's where LaMarcus was supposed to come in. I thought LMA would be good paired with Tim for those years and that he could learn from him. I didn't expect Tim to retire after one season with LMA.

BillMc
06-26-2017, 03:55 AM
I wanted him, but I also thought that Tim would still be playing. After the 2015 playoffs, I thought Tim would still play another 2-3 years, especially if they could get someone to take a lot of the load off of him. That's where LaMarcus was supposed to come in. I thought LMA would be good paired with Tim for those years and that he could learn from him. I didn't expect Tim to retire after one season with LMA.

Me too. We all sort of began taking Timmy's longevity for granted. I know I did. It seemed like he would play forever.

playbonner15
06-26-2017, 07:54 AM
I thought better guard play might reinvigorate LMA after Timmy retired. But no the team went to iso him when he was on the 3 point line with his back behind the basket :lol. I think Murray/LMA pick and pops might work this season then they should trade his sore ass and get better pieces to surround Kawhi. I personally dont think Kawhi and LMA isos will work and I hope Pop now sees this

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-26-2017, 10:27 AM
If the Spurs don't get value they won't trade him, and Pop would probably let him rot on the bench next year. It will be a tough 12 months for LMA if he stays at this point.

But my guess is the Spurs will move him next month. Someone will want him. He'll probably be a Knick next year.

Capt Bringdown
06-26-2017, 12:32 PM
Skills, pills. He's a one-dimensional jump-shooter who can't create his own offense at this point in his career. I don't think the way this team is structured that we need a big man whose go-to move is the long fade-away jumper.

Big Empty
06-26-2017, 12:39 PM
LaMarsha & Green for Anderson, Williams and Capela. LOL contracts match.

rjv
06-26-2017, 12:40 PM
LMA would still have to play well this year if we can't get rid of him. otherwise, his value as a FA will be significantly less. of course, if it got nasty, pop could further diminish how LMA is used.