PDA

View Full Version : Log-out folks

Blackjack
06-25-2017, 11:15 PM
Honest question:

What's the percentage of people logging out to not be seen while contemplating or trying to respond?

Don't tell me you haven't noticed the amount of "guests" in a thread. I've been around too long. Always makes me laugh.

Any of y'all want to 'fess up? I know I did in the early '00s. :lol

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 11:19 PM
Is that where you've been? Forgot you existed, tbh.

gospursgojas
06-25-2017, 11:21 PM
I haven't logged out in like 10 years

Blackjack
06-25-2017, 11:22 PM
Is that where you've been? Forgot you existed, tbh.

Nah, I had kids - family and work took me away.

Been trying to get caught up. Noticed some shit that made me laugh.

spurraider21
06-25-2017, 11:23 PM
the thought never occurred to me

Blackjack
06-25-2017, 11:28 PM
the thought never occurred to me

Me neither. You get a few in you, smoke something, those guests at the bottom make you question. :lol

It's real, and it's funny.

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 11:30 PM
I've always wondered if any are actual players or people affiliated with an NBA franchise.

Only because I've seen things posted here and here only, just to repeated on Twitter or ESPN. :lol

Blackjack
06-25-2017, 11:36 PM
I've always wondered if any are actual players or people affiliated with an NBA franchise.

Only because I've seen things posted here and here only, just to repeated on Twitter or ESPN. :lol

I don't doubt it. Before I moved to DFW, I had friends in the lower rings that told me some shit and gave me info. Never wrote much on the blogs I wrote for, unless it was game-related, but there's definitely some players that pay attention. Always believed Tony was one of them, from what I heard.

DMC
06-25-2017, 11:50 PM
Honest question:

What's the percentage of people logging out to not be seen while contemplating or trying to respond?

Don't tell me you haven't noticed the amount of "guests" in a thread. I've been around too long. Always makes me laugh.

Any of y'all want to 'fess up? I know I did in the early '00s. :lol
I don't get the point. What benefit does it serve to log out?

spurraider21
06-25-2017, 11:59 PM
Me neither.

I know I did in the early '00s.

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 12:02 AM
I don't get the point. What benefit does it serve to log out?

You're not too involved if you don't get it. That's a good thing. This shit is life for some, I've heard multiple people cop to it I now know personally. :lol

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 12:08 AM
:lol

Internets were new to me then, but never thought about anyone else doing it until now. Just an observation I believe to be true - and funny.

DMC
06-26-2017, 12:43 AM
You're not too involved if you don't get it. That's a good thing. This shit is life for some, I've heard multiple people cop to it I now know personally. :lol

I still don't get it. Are you saying celebs give a shit about what a group of losers on a forum like this are saying? Or are you saying certain people who supposedly never come here any more are lurking to see if they want to actually log in and say anything?

Only thing I can think of is that the site doesn't update the "guests" list very often. I doubt there are almost a thousand people browsing the forums.

DAF86
06-26-2017, 12:47 AM
The fuck? Why would anyone do something like that? :lol

I'm way too lazy to be loging in and out. I haven't ever logged out, in fact if I needed to log in someday, I don't think I would remember the password.

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 12:54 AM
I still don't get it. Are you saying celebs give a shit about what a group of losers on a forum like this are saying? Or are you saying certain people who supposedly never come here any more are lurking to see if they want to actually log in and say anything?

Only thing I can think of is that the site doesn't update the "guests" list very often. I doubt there are almost a thousand people browsing the forums.

Nah, people log out to not be seen at the bottom of a thread. If there's a back-and-forth or they don't want to be seen as eager on their own thread or whatever. It happens. If you haven't ever noticed, you will now.

People that view SpursTalk have accounts larger than the "guests" that are seen, imo. If you pay close attention to when retorts or posts are posted in some threads, it's pretty easy to find out who's lurking sometimes.

TimDunkem
06-26-2017, 01:03 AM
DMC is so stupid. It's pretty obvious what you were saying. :lol

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 01:13 AM

:tu

DAF86
06-26-2017, 01:17 AM

Well, not for nothing his official nickname is "dumb motherfucker", tbh.

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 01:23 AM
Another thing, I can't post worth a shit since the changes. Sharing shit's harder and posting via phone has me clicking on profiles and shit.

Basically, I feel like I'm a 70-year old.

TimDunkem
06-26-2017, 01:26 AM
DumbMotherfuckingCunt must be what DMC stands for, tbh.

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 01:38 AM
3 members, 17 guests.

Kind of what I was getting at. :lol

DAF86
06-26-2017, 01:49 AM
3 members, 17 guests.

Kind of what I was getting at. :lol

I think registration not being open any more has more to do with that, tbh. If it was open, many of those guesses would be members right now.

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 01:53 AM
I think registration not being open any more has more to do with that, tbh. If it was open, many of those guesses would be members right now.

Maybe. I'm watching Joe Rogan alot, he may have me acting like a paranoid stoner, tbh. :lol

DeRozan m8
06-26-2017, 02:53 AM
Lol what is this guy on about?

Who the fuck logs out for those reasons?
Or at all?

If you take the internet that seriously, you need to log out for good tbh

DMC
06-26-2017, 07:35 AM

Mal
06-26-2017, 07:48 AM
Lul, someone care about being seen watching threads ?

SupremeGuy
06-26-2017, 08:29 AM
Lol what is this guy on about?

Who the fuck logs out for those reasons?
Or at all?

If you take the internet that seriously, you need to log out for good tbhThe big log out.

BD24
06-26-2017, 08:57 AM
what an odd fucking thread. What kind of weirdo would do stuff like this. I imagine there is so many guest because regirstration has been closed for a minute. I know I had to view as a guest for damn near 2 years before my account finally got approved. I got lucky Kori and LJ came back for a few weeks at one point and approved a bunch of new accounts.

xellos88330
06-26-2017, 09:00 AM
Logging out is annoying. I have to hack my account every time I am logged out. Lol!

kaji157
06-26-2017, 10:05 AM
I don't log out because i use it from mobile and it's annoying.

DJR210
06-26-2017, 01:23 PM
Odd to even worry about something like that.. Analyzing Spurstalk behaviors way too in depth tbh..

OP is probably the type of guy to walk into a public place and be convinced that everyone is looking at him and/or talking about him..

Spurtacular
06-26-2017, 01:27 PM
I never log out. On some occasions, software updates or whatever, I have to log back in.

DAF86
06-26-2017, 01:36 PM

That's a common mistake made when posting tired. You, on the other hand, are a dumb motherfucker 24/7, tbh.

DMC
06-26-2017, 07:10 PM
That's a common mistake made when posting tired. You, on the other hand, are a dumb motherfucker 24/7, tbh.

Not to dumb to go to bed though.. gotta get that last post in, for muh country :cry

Solid D
06-26-2017, 07:18 PM
Sometimes when using mobile, after having closed the app, the next day I have to re-log back in for some reason.

DPG21920
06-26-2017, 07:22 PM
:lol BJ - I never even considered this. I never log out unless I know I will be away for a few days.

Also, good to see you around more :tu

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 07:24 PM
Me neither. You get a few in you, smoke something, those guests at the bottom make you question. :lol

It's real, and it's funny.
True... True.

FkLA
06-26-2017, 07:24 PM
Moreso on other forums but I used to do it back in the day on Friday or Saturday nights, because I thought I'd come off as a loser. Pretty retarded thinking back on it, tbh. :lol

DAF86
06-26-2017, 07:30 PM
Not to dumb to go to bed though.. gotta get that last post in, for muh country :cry

Talking about dumb grammar mistakes :lol

> Intends to make fun of grammar mistakes.
> Proceeds to make grammar mistake while trying to make fun of grammar mistakes.

Conclusion: Self owning dumb motherfucker :lol

Solid D
06-26-2017, 07:31 PM
I also remember a few years ago, when guys were using near x-rated embedded sig pics, I would sometimes log out (which rendered sig pics non-viewable) and check for updates.

benefactor
06-26-2017, 07:46 PM
What's good Blackjack? Good to see you.

TimDunkem
06-26-2017, 07:48 PM

> Proceeds to make grammar mistake while trying to make fun of grammar mistakes.

:lmao

GSH
06-26-2017, 07:59 PM
:lol BJ - I never even considered this. I never log out unless I know I will be away for a few days.

Not only that, but I leave tabs open. I might be "watching" the same thread non-stop for days. :lol And what if you have multiple tabs open? Are you "watching" all of them?

LOL looking at the bottom to see who's watching the thread. LMAO logging out to try and keep people from knowing you're reading. Some altered reality shit going on here.

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 08:00 PM
What's good Blackjack? Good to see you.

Ditto, my man. Finally found a way to carve out some time to check in. A little daddy time was needed, wife and kids obliged. A little drinkin' and 'Talkin like the old days. :toast

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 08:03 PM
Not only that, but I leave tabs open. I might be "watching" the same thread non-stop for days. :lol And what if you have multiple tabs open? Are you "watching" all of them?

LOL looking at the bottom to see who's watching the thread. LMAO logging out to try and keep people from knowing you're reading. Some altered reality shit going on here.

It's probably more the troll game. I know logging out from my timvp and Kori Ellis accounts, back to Bruno, whottt... Shit gets confusing. But the troll game was strong.

benefactor
06-26-2017, 08:12 PM
Ditto, my man. Finally found a way to carve out some time to check in. A little daddy time was needed, wife and kids obliged. A little drinkin' and 'Talkin like the old days. :toast
Kind of a strange new world around here now. I don't post much up here anymore. I just lurk for news. Most of the shticks are embarrassingly bad.

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 08:17 PM

Also, good to see you around more :tu

Honestly, I noticed it a long time ago. Usually when there was a long back-and-forth going and people would start posting about the other party being in the thread. Dude would log out and then post a 2K word dissertation saying he/she just did it off the cuff in 5-10 minutes. :lol

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 08:21 PM
Kind of a strange new world around here now. I don't post much up here anymore. I just lurk for news. Most of the shticks are embarrassingly bad.

Still the best place for Spurs-related news and stories. Still get some good intel from time-to-time. But, yeah, it's harder to navigate and sift through some of this shit.

GSH
06-26-2017, 08:51 PM
Still the best place for Spurs-related news and stories. Still get some good intel from time-to-time. But, yeah, it's harder to navigate and sift through some of this shit.

That's a fact. Worth the price of admission right there.

Jdspur20
06-26-2017, 08:56 PM
Still the best place for Spurs-related news and stories. t.

Agreed.
Been a member since 2004, hardly ever post, mostly read Spurs others post.

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 08:59 PM
That's a fact. Worth the price of admission right there.

Agreed.
Been a member since 2004, hardly ever post, mostly read Spurs others post.

:toast

DMC
06-26-2017, 10:01 PM

That was a spelling mistake, not a grammar mistake.

spurraider21
06-26-2017, 10:02 PM
i would refer to the expert on the issue... log in/log out goods

DMC
06-26-2017, 10:02 PM
Moreso on other forums but I used to do it back in the day on Friday or Saturday nights, because I thought I'd come off as a loser. Pretty retarded thinking back on it, tbh. :lol

Not really, pretty insightful actually.

DAF86
06-26-2017, 10:18 PM
That was a spelling mistake, not a grammar mistake.

Well, if you wanna go with the "I can't spell 'too' correctly" card, then be my guest. :lol

BillMc
06-26-2017, 10:49 PM
I haven't logged out since the Hoover administration.

Blackjack
06-26-2017, 10:52 PM
I haven't logged out since the Hoover administration.

Clinton administration. And her name was Monica, not Hoover.

DMC
06-26-2017, 11:05 PM
Well, if you wanna go with the "I can't spell 'too' correctly" card, then be my guest. :lol

Either way, it's a spelling error, not grammar. I know Manu is as good as gone and he wouldn't piss in your mouth if your guts were on fire, but try to control the hate speech and fake news.

lefty20
06-26-2017, 11:20 PM
I think I'm logged in via at least 6 devices.

Dex
06-27-2017, 09:45 AM
Clinton administration. And her name was Monica, not Hoover.

She sure did suck, though.

Mark Celibate
06-27-2017, 09:50 AM
i would refer to the expert on the issue... log in/log out goods (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=26637)

that troll has been banned tbh

and I would just like to point out that I was the orginator of this tactic until that faggot, Veterinarian, copied it