Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Isalnd
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!

DJR210
06-26-2017, 01:17 PM
Will probably buy one, hope they make enough this time around cuz I'm not standing in line or nothing stupid to get one

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 01:22 PM
Boo: no Chrono Trigger, no Final Fantasy II, no ActRaiser, no Donkey Kong Country 2, no Earthworm Jim 2.

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 01:26 PM
Will probably buy one, hope they make enough this time around cuz I'm not standing in line or nothing stupid to get one

Why? SNES emulation is rock solid and you could build a tiny Raspberry Pi 3 based system with an 8Bitdo wireless controller for around the price this will probably sell for. Then put a Genesis and an NES on it too.

DJR210
06-26-2017, 01:29 PM
Why? SNES emulation is rock solid and you could build a tiny Raspberry Pi 3 based system with an 8Bitdo wireless controller for around the price this will probably sell for. Then put a Genesis and an NES on it too.

It's not for me

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 01:57 PM
Speaking of garbage rehashes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WNsmCpdhhY

Clipper Nation
06-26-2017, 03:07 PM
All ten of them will be bought by scalpers, and then Nintendo will quietly stop producing them.

Joseph Kony
06-26-2017, 04:19 PM
I imagine they mean FFVI when they said FFIII

Reck
06-26-2017, 08:33 PM
To many Star fucking Fox games.

Still, I might get it for Mega Man 10, all the Mario games and F-Zero.

Then when I get tired of it I'll give it to my brother.

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 10:55 PM
To many Star fucking Fox games.

Still, I might get it for Mega Man 10, all the Mario games and F-Zero.

Then when I get tired of it I'll give it to my brother.

That soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBuXfcFKAlo

Reck
06-26-2017, 11:18 PM
That soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBuXfcFKAlo

Funnily enough, this guy popped up in the reccomendations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7nVJbI9bhU

He's great. All he does is acapella game music covers.

One of my favorites..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0a41vRU0w&index=14&t=8s&list=LL3CuTOcnsV F8-zhV1atv9-A

That nostalgic feel man.

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 11:27 PM
Funnily enough, this guy popped up in the reccomendations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7nVJbI9bhU

He's great. All he does is acapella game music covers.

One of my favorites..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0a41vRU0w&index=14&t=8s&list=LL3CuTOcnsV F8-zhV1atv9-A

That nostalgic feel man.

I almost posted his acapella of the Mute City theme instead of the actual soundtrack. :lol

Mike Tyson's Punchout is my favorite of his:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhzI3Om9QIQ

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 11:28 PM
I gotta say, I think SNES is the GOAT console, though it's close considering how great the 8-bit NES library is. The SNES is what got me into RPGs with the two Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, and Shadowrun. It had the only racing games I was ever into: namely, F-Zero and Uniracers. NHL 94 is my second favorite sports game ever (behind Tecmo Super Bowl on NES). I loved the way ActRaiser blended side scrolling action and top down city building, that was such a creative game. It was hands down the GOAT console for fighting games with Street Fighter II Turbo, Mortal Kombat 2 & 3, and Killer Instinct. The Street Fighter Alpha series was great as was Marvel Vs Capcom later on, but I don't think anyone ever outdid SF II Turbo or MK II. Super Castlevania IV is the best sidescroller action game I have ever played and had a spectacular soundtrack. Super Metroid is probably the second best sidescroller action game ever. Super Mario World is probably the second best platformer I ever played (Super Mario 1 will always be my favorite in the genre though). Donkey Kong Country is the game that impressed me the most graphically of anything I have ever played, and the game was great too. And then Zelda: A Link to the Past --- an absolutely perfect game head and shoulders above all these other classics I mentioned previously.

lefty
06-27-2017, 10:54 AM
Metroid is good but I prefer Turrican 2.

Det soundtrack

SpursforSix
06-27-2017, 03:12 PM
No Bill Laimbeer Combat Basketball? No thanks.

DJR210
06-27-2017, 09:25 PM
All ten of them will be bought by scalpers, and then Nintendo will quietly stop producing them.

apalisoc_9
06-28-2017, 12:06 AM
I gotta say, I think SNES is the GOAT console, though it's close considering how great the 8-bit NES library is. The SNES is what got me into RPGs with the two Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, and Shadowrun. It had the only racing games I was ever into: namely, F-Zero and Uniracers. NHL 94 is my second favorite sports game ever (behind Tecmo Super Bowl on NES). I loved the way ActRaiser blended side scrolling action and top down city building, that was such a creative game. It was hands down the GOAT console for fighting games with Street Fighter II Turbo, Mortal Kombat 2 & 3, and Killer Instinct. The Street Fighter Alpha series was great as was Marvel Vs Capcom later on, but I don't think anyone ever outdid SF II Turbo or MK II. Super Castlevania IV is the best sidescroller action game I have ever played and had a spectacular soundtrack. Super Metroid is probably the second best sidescroller action game ever. Super Mario World is probably the second best platformer I ever played (Super Mario 1 will always be my favorite in the genre though). Donkey Kong Country is the game that impressed me the most graphically of anything I have ever played, and the game was great too. And then Zelda: A Link to the Past --- an absolutely perfect game head and shoulders above all these other classics I mentioned previously.

Nah PS2 and its not close. No console out there had a a combination of quantity and quality as Much ps2. Seriously, it felt like they released a decent game every week. So many revolutionary games too.

Ps2

360,Ps1, SNEs

Ps4...I'd put ps4 up in tier 2 but let's be honest here, the choice of games for ps4 or ps4 generation is always going to be a weak point.

PS2

baseline bum
06-28-2017, 12:25 AM
Nah PS2 and its not close. No console out there had a a combination of quantity and quality as Much ps2. Seriously, it felt like they released a decent game every week. So many revolutionary games too.

Ps2

360,Ps1, SNEs

Ps4...I'd put ps4 up in tier 2 but let's be honest here, the choice of games for ps4 or ps4 generation is always going to be a weak point.

PS2

Is this collection of PS3 remasters of the PS2 games better than the native PS3 games in the series?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/ratchet-clank-collection/cid=UP9000-BCUS98282_00-RATCHETCOLLECPS3

apalisoc_9
06-28-2017, 03:37 AM
Is this collection of PS3 remasters of the PS2 games better than the native PS3 games in the series?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/ratchet-clank-collection/cid=UP9000-BCUS98282_00-RATCHETCOLLECPS3

Nope. Play the ps3 games first bro...Tbh, I wouldn't buy the remaster because of the ps4 game. Feels like a waste of money and I love R&C

But play the ps4 game first. That's essentially a remake of the ps2 game.

Are you playing it after nier? Man, still inlove with R&C weapons.

Reck
06-28-2017, 06:52 AM

Ps2

360,Ps1, SNEs

PS2

I dont get the wierd obssesion you have with Sony.

PS2 had top notch games but SNES was a fucking powerhouse. Perhaps you're too young too remember those good times but SNES was king of kings.

Basically Sony became more popular because they innovated while Nintendo stayed stuck with game caltriges and kid oriented games despite the growth in both the sense of kids from that era actually getting older and the game industry beefing up their status.

apalisoc_9
06-28-2017, 09:51 AM
I dont get the wierd obssesion you have with Sony.

PS2 had top notch games but SNES was a fucking powerhouse. Perhaps you're too young too remember those good times but SNES was king of kings.

Basically Sony became more popular because they innovated while Nintendo stayed stuck with game caltriges and kid oriented games despite the growth in both the sense of kids from that era actually getting older and the game industry beefing up their status.

Dude, its not a Sony thing. Check the sales numbers, life expectancy and number of games.

:lol

Reck
06-28-2017, 09:55 AM
Dude, its not a Sony thing. Check the sales numbers, life expectancy and number of games.

:lol

So...Microsoft was the shit when they came out with the 360?

Obviously, by your logic, that generation belonged to them because they crushed Sony's PS3 sales.

apalisoc_9
06-28-2017, 10:04 AM
So...Microsoft was the shit when they came out with the 360?

Obviously, by your logic, that generation belonged to them because they crushed Sony's PS3 sales.

This isn't a. Generation topic. Sony actually outsold 360 by the endtail of their lifespan.

Ps2 Console sales, list of games, and lifespan is what makes it way ahead of any console. It's not close

apalisoc_9
06-28-2017, 10:09 AM
Seriously, Sony reached 155 Million households. The Second best PS1 sits at 102.

How is there any contest :lol

apalisoc_9
06-28-2017, 10:20 AM
I'd argue the real power rankings.

Ps2
Ps1
SNES

Pretty sure xlol and ps4 will outsell SNES pretty easily.

Reck
06-28-2017, 10:39 AM
Wow, quite a meltdown.

Genious predictions, too.

Comparing the sales of a console to those eras to now is stupid as hell. The gaming industry was a niche back then, it wasn't like it is today. The game industry is at least 15x bigger than it was in the 90s. :lol

For example, any given decent game today would sell 1 or 2 million units in a week or less.. The SNES only sold 50 million in it's lifespan. That should tell you all you need to know about the growth of the industry.

It's just math.

Xevious
06-28-2017, 11:09 AM
Yeah you can't compare sales numbers between decades, it's apples to oranges. PS2 was impressive just for the size of their library, and they had a bunch of revolutionary games. But SNES, especially compared to the original NES, felt so solid and streamlined. It's amazing what they accomplished creatively with that hardware. Many of the games I'd still consider some of the best ever.

baseline bum
06-28-2017, 11:44 PM
Nope. Play the ps3 games first bro...Tbh, I wouldn't buy the remaster because of the ps4 game. Feels like a waste of money and I love R&C

But play the ps4 game first. That's essentially a remake of the ps2 game.

Are you playing it after nier? Man, still inlove with R&C weapons.

Dude it's the trilogy of PS2 games but at 720p on PS3. Up Your Arsenal and Going Commando aren't worth it?

ElNono
06-28-2017, 11:44 PM
but does it play Ratchet & Clank?

apalisoc_9
06-29-2017, 03:37 AM
Dude it's the trilogy of PS2 games but at 720p on PS3. Up Your Arsenal and Going Commando aren't worth it?

Both great games. I'd buy it. I was just speaking in terms of getting to know the series since the ps4 remaster basically. Does everything .

apalisoc_9
06-29-2017, 03:39 AM
Wow, quite a meltdown.

Genious predictions, too.

Comparing the sales of a console to those eras to now is stupid as hell. The gaming industry was a niche back then, it wasn't like it is today. The game industry is at least 15x bigger than it was in the 90s. :lol

For example, any given decent game today would sell 1 or 2 million units in a week or less.. The SNES only sold 50 million in it's lifespan. That should tell you all you need to know about the growth of the industry.

It's just math.

The ps2 exploded. No one other console from any generation today or before has had the same success.

You wanna speak math, come talk to me when any other console has reached 150.

Ps1 still the second.goat console of all time.

baseline bum
06-29-2017, 07:06 AM
The ps2 exploded. No one other console from any generation today or before has had the same success.

You wanna speak math, come talk to me when any other console has reached 150.

Ps1 still the second.goat console of all time.

You can make an argument for PS2, but PS1? No way. PS1 was filled with terrible 3D games that have aged horribly (same for N64, another highly overrated console). The PS1/N64 generation was the worst since the Atari 2600/ColecoVision generation.

apalisoc_9
06-29-2017, 07:42 AM
You can make an argument for PS2, but PS1? No way. PS1 was filled with terrible 3D games that have aged horribly (same for N64, another highly overrated console). The PS1/N64 generation was the worst since the Atari 2600/ColecoVision generation.

That's a weak argument. 3D at that time was revolutionary. Don't care how ps1 aged, the fact of the matter is that it sold 102 and helped solidify the console market. It dominated 64, but even 64 helped in developing the industry.

N64/PS1 was a decent era. It promoted Microsoft to enter the console industry a geberation later.

leemajors
06-29-2017, 08:04 AM
goldeneye and kart 64 were better than anything on ps1 tbh

Xevious
06-29-2017, 08:16 AM
goldeneye and kart 64 were better than anything on ps1 tbh

As was Mario 64.

baseline bum
06-29-2017, 08:27 AM
That's a weak argument. 3D at that time was revolutionary. Don't care how ps1 aged, the fact of the matter is that it sold 102 and helped solidify the console market. It dominated 64, but even 64 helped in developing the industry.

N64/PS1 was a decent era. It promoted Microsoft to enter the console industry a geberation later.

I thought that generation felt shitty back then too. So many ugly games.

Xevious
06-29-2017, 10:14 AM
Yeah PSX sucked. Can't think of a single game that would be playable today, whereas there are plenty of NES and SNES games that are still fun.

Reck
06-29-2017, 08:05 PM
LOL You're not going to pulled me into a ridiculous arguement I already proved wrong.

DJR210
06-30-2017, 07:58 AM
but does it play Ratchet & Clank?

This

sickdsm
07-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Yeah PSX sucked. Can't think of a single game that would be playable today, whereas there are plenty of NES and SNES games that are still fun.

haha, been playing tf out of Castlevania: Symphony of the night, Tony Hawk PS 2, Civilization 2 in the last month. Dabbled with Final Fantasy 5???? crash bandicoot, spyro . Still working on getting Metal gear working yet.

sickdsm
07-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Frustrating thing about some of the older systems, mainly ps2, is the online emphasis and when the servers were disconnected the games were over.

I'd still be playing SOCOM games today. I missed out on SOCOM 2 but i played tf out of confrontation. I'd buy a new console when they remake that series.

TimDunkem
07-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I've always felt, other than a handful of truly great games on both the 64 and PS1, that the libraries for both those consoles were mostly garbage.

baseline bum
07-03-2017, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I've always felt, other than a handful of truly great games on both the 64 and PS1, that the libraries for both those consoles were mostly garbage.

Pretty much how I feel. The only PS1 games I have been much of a fan of were Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Those were amazing. I guess Spyro was pretty good too. And similar for N64. Ocarina of Time, Starfox 64, and Goldeneye were great, but I was never a fan of Mario 64 nor a lot of the other early 3D games. And then Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 was great on both. But if I go one generation back or one generation forward it seemed like there were so many better games per generation.

Clipper Nation
07-03-2017, 10:07 PM

Ps2

360,Ps1, SNEs

PS2

The PSX and the SNES were both better than the PS2, tbh. And the Gamecube and Dreamcast are both up there, too.

jeebus
07-24-2017, 05:41 PM
Got a pre order on Walmart last week tbh. I'm hearing that Wally World didn't mean to do that and is cancelling some orders. Haven't gotten anything from them yet so fingers are crossed imho

DJR210
07-26-2017, 04:06 PM
Frustrating thing about some of the older systems, mainly ps2, is the online emphasis and when the servers were disconnected the games were over.

I'd still be playing SOCOM games today. I missed out on SOCOM 2 but i played tf out of confrontation. I'd buy a new console when they remake that series.

Loved SOCOM too.. Telling your squad what to do via headset was truly next level shit in 2001 or whenever that was

NASpurs
07-26-2017, 04:20 PM
Got a pre order on Walmart last week tbh. I'm hearing that Wally World didn't mean to do that and is cancelling some orders. Haven't gotten anything from them yet so fingers are crossed imho

Apparently they're canceling all of them.

http://kotaku.com/walmart-cancels-snes-classic-pre-orders-citing-a-glitc-1797277387

“Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date,” reads an email that Walmart just sent to those who pre-ordered a SNES Classic. “We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake.”

If you still have a Walmart pre-order that hasn’t been canceled, the wording of this email indicates that your SNES Classic is not long for this world, either.

jeebus
07-26-2017, 08:35 PM
Apparently they're canceling all of them.

http://kotaku.com/walmart-cancels-snes-classic-pre-orders-citing-a-glitc-1797277387

“Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date,” reads an email that Walmart just sent to those who pre-ordered a SNES Classic. “We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake.”

If you still have a Walmart pre-order that hasn’t been canceled, the wording of this email indicates that your SNES Classic is not long for this world, either.

Yeah just got my email today. :cry was hoping they'd honor at least some of them. that was a luck of the draw in finding out about it; when it goes on preorder at target or amazon or wherever, I'll probably find out the next day or some bullshit

NASpurs
07-27-2017, 01:10 AM
Yeah just got my email today. :cry was hoping they'd honor at least some of them. that was a luck of the draw in finding out about it; when it goes on preorder at target or amazon or wherever, I'll probably find out the next day or some bullshit

I was on Walmart when they were in stock inputting my credit card info during cart checkout, clicked submit and then the next screen said they were out of stock. So I was lowkey jealous of you lucky bastards who had gotten one but I guess we're all back to zero now. :lol

There are websites that notify you when websites get an item you want in stock or preorder like nowinstock.net (https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendosnesclassicedition/) or zoolert (https://www.zoolert.com/videogames/consoles/nintendo/super-nes-classic/). Honestly I don't know how good they are but that's an option to take.

sickdsm
07-27-2017, 08:56 PM
Loved SOCOM too.. Telling your squad what to do via headset was truly next level shit in 2001 or whenever that was

Couple of SOCOM moments that stuck out for me.

Starting a match, one teamate had his mic on, you could hear some woman talking than the guy starts yelling at her

"Don't you fucking lie to me bitch, i never said that it could only play Bluray discs, you fucking knew what a playstation was"

I was pretty green, old guy playing a fast paced game but towards the end i was probably a 1.25 k/d ratio. But first few months when i was still a scrub, i was playing crossroads 8v8 elimination like i usually did and i was the last guy left 3 v 1 I run down to the garage, looking to stay alive, one guy runs by, i kill him. Second guy i can't remember but somehow i off him too in that area. Third guy was holed up in building across Merc spawn, i remember trhowing a grenade a long ways across the map as a decoy, i ran around and as he was peeking out where i threw the grenade i knifed him. Only game ever that could make your heart pump out of your chest.

baseline bum
07-27-2017, 09:35 PM

Starting a match, one teamate had his mic on, you could hear some woman talking than the guy starts yelling at her

"Don't you fucking lie to me bitch, i never said that it could only play Bluray discs, you fucking knew what a playstation was"

I was pretty green, old guy playing a fast paced game but towards the end i was probably a 1.25 k/d ratio. But first few months when i was still a scrub, i was playing crossroads 8v8 elimination like i usually did and i was the last guy left 3 v 1 I run down to the garage, looking to stay alive, one guy runs by, i kill him. Second guy i can't remember but somehow i off him too in that area. Third guy was holed up in building across Merc spawn, i remember trhowing a grenade a long ways across the map as a decoy, i ran around and as he was peeking out where i threw the grenade i knifed him. Only game ever that could make your heart pump out of your chest.

Can you play those games solo and are they any good solo if so? I keep seeing them show up cheap in the Playstation Store but have never played any of them.

baseline bum
07-27-2017, 09:38 PM
shit wrong thread

Chucho
07-27-2017, 11:02 PM
Fuck the mini scam. Now gimme a 64 mini that plays carts and has 4 ports, Gimme Pokemon Snap, WWF No Mercy, Mario Kart, Golden Eye and a keg and its Heaven.

DJR210
07-27-2017, 11:10 PM

:lol I was still a poor sumbitch at that point, only AI bots for me.. My first online memory was calling people a bunch of racial slurs on Saints Row online

baseline bum
07-28-2017, 12:18 AM
Fuck the mini scam. Now gimme a 64 mini that plays carts and has 4 ports, Gimme Pokemon Snap, WWF No Mercy, Mario Kart, Golden Eye and a keg and its Heaven.

The 64 mini is the only one I'd buy since the N64 controller is hard to find in decent shape (that fucking joystick) and almost impossible to emulate well with other controllers. Even though I think it's Nintendo's worst major console.

Chucho
07-28-2017, 12:24 AM
The 64 mini is the only one I'd buy since the N64 controller is hard to find in decent shape (that fucking joystick) and almost impossible to emulate well with other controllers. Even though I think it's Nintendo's worst major console.

It might be, but the Wii U has to be it as far as the non Virtual Boy consoles go. But, while a poor outing for Nintendo, its hands down the greatest party system ever. Local multiplayer, ftw.

baseline bum
07-28-2017, 12:29 AM
It might be, but the Wii U has to be it as far as the non Virtual Boy consoles go. But, while a poor outing for Nintendo, its hands down the greatest party system ever. Local multiplayer, ftw.

I don't know man, the Wii U has some incredible games on it like Bayonetta 2, Super Mario 3D, Zelda BOTW, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze off the top of my head. I tried playing Ocarina of Time the other day and it has not aged well at all since it runs at 20 fps. Too bad the N64 mini probably has no shot at getting the Goldeneye license though, that shit was amazing with 4 player split screen.

baseline bum
07-28-2017, 12:39 AM
God damn it, wrong thread again

baseline bum
07-28-2017, 12:47 AM

Reck
08-05-2017, 06:00 PM
God damn it, wrong thread again

Stop smoking weed at 2AM in the morning, bro. :lol

baseline bum
08-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Stop smoking weed at 2AM in the morning, bro. :lol

I was watching the late night vote on the skinny repeal and kept accidentally posting reactions to it here instead of on the political forum.