Danny Greeen
Davis
Roberson
Greek Freak

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/06/26/all-defensive-teams-2016-17-release

SAGirl
06-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Congratys!
Took long enough to be recognized but he truly earned it this season. He had some outstanding defensive games.

TimDunkem
06-26-2017, 12:37 PM
Lillard and Isaiah received votes. :lol

buttsR4rebounding
06-26-2017, 12:38 PM

At least Lillard has a D in first name, but that's about as close to D as those 2 play. Did their agents get to vote?

TimDunkem
06-26-2017, 12:40 PM
I don't know but they did receive votes. By your logic, they must be half-decent defenders.

LaMarcus Bryant
06-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Choke Paul? gmafb, what horse shit

Congrats to LDN

cjw
06-26-2017, 01:02 PM
Choke Paul? gmafb, what horse shit

Congrats to LDN

Yes, CP3 deserves it. Defensive rating 8 points better with him on the floor and he had the highest DRPM among guards. One of highest steals rates in the league for what that's worth (Manu was tops among guys who played real minutes).

apalisoc_9
06-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Now he has more trading value.

Diego20
06-26-2017, 01:04 PM
Well deserved award, too bad his Off is gone.

apalisoc_9
06-26-2017, 01:07 PM
Antetofakegreek

:lmao

The guy doesn't play defense.

Another case of voters getting deceived by a players athletic build. :lmao

Stole votes from Kawhi as first team too. :lmao

Mal
06-26-2017, 01:14 PM
WHO THE FUCK VOTED FOR ISIAIH THOMAS FOR ALL DEFENSIVE 2ND TEAM ?

TimDunkem
06-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Antetofakegreek

:lmao

The guy doesn't play defense.

Another case of voters getting deceived by a players athletic build. :lmao

Stole votes from Kawhi as first team too. :lmaoIt's an early look at the outcomes for the rest of the NBA awards tonight. Fan favorites are going to take every award.

raybies
06-26-2017, 01:29 PM
Great! Should up his trade value

south side spur
06-26-2017, 01:30 PM
Congratulations, Donkey. You hacked the shit out of everyone you defended all the way to the top.

SpurPadre
06-26-2017, 01:30 PM
Tony Parker: "I don't know how teams let Danny get back in transition to play D"

Chinook
06-26-2017, 01:32 PM
Had to explain the defensive numbers without Kawhi somehow.

sasaint
06-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Great! Should up his trade value

If they are, indeed, intent on trading him. After the LMA bomb went off and his value was compromised, I don't know whether Pop could tolerate as much turnover as the team now might endure.

sasaint
06-26-2017, 01:46 PM
Why not figure out a 3-team trade to get Beverly? (I doubt Pringles would deal directly with the Spurs.)

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2017, 02:38 PM

tmtcsc
06-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Couldn't help but notice CP3 made first team with KL.

SAGirl
06-26-2017, 02:54 PM
nbc making the case that if Spurs trade Danny instead of unloading Tony, they are clinging to the past and reducint their chances at a title:
:stirpot:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/06/21/spurs-reportedly-open-to-trading-danny-green-which-could-be-final-straw-for-getting-chris-paul/

Green would be a helpful cog on a Spurs team trying to win a title behind Paul, Leonard and Aldridge. Green is a very good defender, and those stars would generate plenty of open 3-pointers for him. He’s nearly an ideal role play.
Parker is the clear player to drop in a Machiavellian sense. He’s injured (http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/29/tony-parker-tells-french-publication-he-plans-to-return-in-january/) and, even if he gets healthy, he’d face a reduced role behind Paul.
But Parker is a Spurs legend, and there’s a loyalty to him.
It depends what Green would fetch in a trade and how much it’d cost to unload Parker. We might not get an idea on either unless Paul actually decides to bolt the Clippers for San Antonio.
But it seems the Spurs are valuing sentimentality over maximizing their title odds if they get Paul.

TimDunkem
06-26-2017, 03:11 PM
Ah, Spurs...Always loyal to a fault...

TimDunkem
06-26-2017, 03:12 PM
As much shit as I give Danny, I'd choose him over Parker at the moment. Who knows how he'll recover from that injury...

Chinook
06-26-2017, 03:37 PM
nbc making the case that if Spurs trade Danny instead of unloading Tony, they are clinging to the past and reducint their chances at a title:
:stirpot:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/06/21/spurs-reportedly-open-to-trading-danny-green-which-could-be-final-straw-for-getting-chris-paul/

Seriously, Pop is fucked in the head if the doesn't realize that having Paul, Murray and White makes Parker obsolete. I understand that Parker is part of the appeal of SA for Paul, but they can't think that way.

dylankerouac
06-26-2017, 03:47 PM

poop
06-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Cp3 really a better defender than danny? He gets nore steals but thats it. Danny should have been first team

Snaq O'Meal
06-26-2017, 05:55 PM
CP3 is a decent defender. But the Warriors have still found ways to exploit his small stature.

therealtruth
06-26-2017, 08:18 PM
This definitely helps DG's value. However, it might be a better option to learn how to take better advantage of his skills. Remember he helped close out game 5 against the Rockets. I think it was 7+ straight points. He's shown the ability at times. Everybody has to be a threat to beat a team like the Warriors.

CP3 is a decent defender. But the Warriors have still found ways to exploit his small stature.

That's why I don't think he necessarily helps the Spurs get over the edge against the Warriors. The Spurs need a PG that can make life miserable for Steph. Preferably long and can force him to play defense on the other end.

DPG21920
06-26-2017, 08:20 PM
Danny is the man.

raybies
06-26-2017, 08:21 PM
Danny is the man.
Klay or Avery should of been there tbh

DPG21920
06-26-2017, 08:26 PM

Sure. Just not over Danny.

DAF86
06-26-2017, 08:27 PM
Having two point guards on the all-defensive first team. :lmao

DMC
06-26-2017, 10:08 PM

Westbrook received 2 for the 1st team. Westbrook, worst defensive stats in the league.

DMC
06-26-2017, 10:09 PM

Klay isn't half the transition defender Danny is. He's good on the perimeter and decent in transition, but Danny is really good in transition.

cjw
06-26-2017, 10:17 PM
Klay isn't half the transition defender Danny is. He's good on the perimeter and decent in transition, but Danny is really good in transition.

Klay also literally has to stand there and shoot on the offensive end. What was it? 60 points and 11 dribbles? Danny dribbles that many times before he can get a good hold of the ball to make a play.

BillMc
06-26-2017, 10:40 PM
Tony Parker: "I don't know how teams let Danny get back in transition to play D"
:lol

BillMc
06-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Well deserved for Danny. Often underappreciated by ST.

DMC
06-26-2017, 10:57 PM
Klay also literally has to stand there and shoot on the offensive end. What was it? 60 points and 11 dribbles? Danny dribbles that many times before he can get a good hold of the ball to make a play.

We're talking about defense. Pretty sure no one here will argue that Danny is a better shooter than Klay.

cjw
06-26-2017, 11:19 PM
We're talking about defense. Pretty sure no one here will argue that Danny is a better shooter than Klay.

I know. Klay does coasts on the offensive end piggybacking off Curry, Green and Durant's creation. Let's him spend more on defensive end.

DMC
06-26-2017, 11:36 PM
I know. Klay does coasts on the offensive end piggybacking off Curry, Green and Durant's creation. Let's him spend more on defensive end.

So you keep talking about offense. Klay constantly moves without the ball. I don't see how that's coasting.

james evans
06-27-2017, 01:19 AM
HOW???? He's been getting murdered all year

spurs10
06-27-2017, 02:01 AM
Indeed! Congratulations Danny !! :toast

"Lovely Rita, meter maid where would I be without you?"

BillMc
06-27-2017, 02:22 AM
"Lovely Rita, meter maid where would I be without you?"

:lol:toast:flag:

Sitting on a sofa with a sister or two. Or in this case "Put the Blame on Mame"

spurs10
06-27-2017, 02:35 AM
:lol:toast:flag:

Sitting on a sofa with a sister or two. Or in this case "Put the Blame on Mame" :lol Best to you Bill!

BillMc
06-27-2017, 03:01 AM
:lol Best to you Bill!

Cheers my friend. :toast

cjw
06-27-2017, 08:28 AM
So you keep talking about offense. Klay constantly moves without the ball. I don't see how that's coasting.

Kawhi takes on an unfathomable load offensively. Klay is essentially floor stretching and creating for himself. Yes, movement. Passing and rebounding? Hardly. When you're not playing with the ball in your hand and crashing the boards (Curry does more than Klay), there's more energy for the defensive end. Which mind you, he's got Draymond, Durant and Iggy on.

Green is a much lower usage player than Klay (Redick is a guy who sits between them) but Klay is a lot closer to those two in terms of offensive burden than Kawhi/Lebron. That's what makes Kawhi's defense all the more remarkable - for Lebron what made it remarkable.

DMC
06-27-2017, 08:51 AM
Kawhi takes on an unfathomable load offensively. Klay is essentially floor stretching and creating for himself. Yes, movement. Passing and rebounding? Hardly. When you're not playing with the ball in your hand and crashing the boards (Curry does more than Klay), there's more energy for the defensive end. Which mind you, he's got Draymond, Durant and Iggy on.

Green is a much lower usage player than Klay (Redick is a guy who sits between them) but Klay is a lot closer to those two in terms of offensive burden than Kawhi/Lebron. That's what makes Kawhi's defense all the more remarkable - for Lebron what made it remarkable.

No one compared Kawhi's defense to Klay's. That would be stupid. He's being compared to Danny. Kawhi is the best defender in the league and it's really not that close.

sasaint
06-27-2017, 08:54 AM

:tu Mixed feelings about trading him.

raybies
06-27-2017, 09:25 AM
:tu Mixed feelings about trading him.
Yeah Im starting to feel the same way. I think Aldridge definitely has to go but maybe we can keep Green. If they are trading so they have more space for Simmons or a couple of free agents it just really depends on who and how much for Juice.

But yeah you are right, if they are intent on trading Green they should be able to get a better deal now. He's got two years on his contract at a bargain and just got named to the defensive 2nd team. Should be able to get a good young prospect or a pick and no salary back. Philly makes sense.

sasaint
06-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Yeah Im starting to feel the same way. I think Aldridge definitely has to go but maybe we can keep Green. If they are trading so they have more space for Simmons or a couple of free agents it just really depends on who and how much for Juice.

But yeah you are right, if they are intent on trading Green they should be able to get a better deal now. He's got two years on his contract at a bargain and just got named to the defensive 2nd team. Should be able to get a good young prospect or a pick and no salary back. Philly makes sense.

I suspect that his value might go up. And Philly, which was rumored to be a good destination for Patty, would be a better fit for Danny now, which I think he would like. I personally do not believe the Spurs did not get calls on either Danny or LMA on draft night. I think they just have something in the works.

raybies
06-27-2017, 09:50 AM
I suspect that his value might go up. And Philly, which was rumored to be a good destination for Patty, would be a better fit for Danny now, which I think he would like. I personally do not believe the Spurs did not get calls on either Danny or LMA on draft night. I think they just have something in the works.
I imagine they did get calls, just want to get a little closer to their worth imo. Because if you wait for people to strike out in Free Agency, and they are left with money and nothing to do with it and they didn't improve, you start looking at what's available and I think that's when LMA and Green become hot commodities. Some teams just can't sign FA's because they are not a destinations; I mean that was us for years. But with players of LMA's and Green's magnitude we shouldn't be taking any bad salary back whatsoever. We should be able to get at least a young prospect or a pick, or both really. But the time really is now for LMA. Value can only go down from here and you don't want to lose him for nothing.

DaBears
06-27-2017, 10:08 AM
Danny Green has always done what was asked of him, he might have the least amount of talent on the team. But he makes up for it on the defensive end for sure.. If the man could learn how to dribble he'd be a star in this league.

sasaint
06-27-2017, 10:10 AM
I imagine they did get calls, just want to get a little closer to their worth imo. Because if you wait for people to strike out in Free Agency, and they are left with money and nothing to do with it and they didn't improve, you start looking at what's available and I think that's when LMA and Green become hot commodities. Some teams just can't sign FA's because they are not a destinations; I mean that was us for years. But with players of LMA's and Green's magnitude we shouldn't be taking any bad salary back whatsoever. We should be able to get at least a young prospect or a pick, or both really. But the time really is now for LMA. Value can only go down from here and you don't want to lose him for nothing.

I agree with most of what you posted. But there are those who (not without reason) believe LMA's value will increase because this is a contract year and he should be very motivated. But I believe that regardless of that, he is too cancerous to bring back to a locker room that is bereft of a strong veteran presence really steeped in Spur culture. By inviting Dijon and Kyle to work out with him this summer, Kawhi is showing some of that character. But that is a new role for him to grow into, and I am not sure he is there yet or really comfortable in being the sole locker room leader. That is one reason I believe PATFO are more interested in GHill than CP3.

raybies
06-27-2017, 10:25 AM
I agree with most of what you posted. But there are those who (not without reason) believe LMA's value will increase because this is a contract year and he should be very motivated. But I believe that regardless of that, he is too cancerous to bring back to a locker room that is bereft of a strong veteran presence really steeped in Spur culture. By inviting Dijon and Kyle to work out with him this summer, Kawhi is showing some of that character. But that is a new role for him to grow into, and I am not sure he is there yet or really comfortable in being the sole locker room leader. That is one reason I believe PATFO are more interested in GHill than CP3.
PATFO has a lot of work to do this offseason. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. They need to produce players that can fit with Leonard, don't want to go through what we went through during the Jefferson years...

sasaint
06-27-2017, 11:14 AM
PATFO has a lot of work to do this offseason. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. They need to produce players that can fit with Leonard, don't want to go through what we went through during the Jefferson years...

Or the LMA years!