PDA

View Full Version : Forbes: Donald Trump Tax Plan Could Land CP3 In SA..

coachmac87
06-26-2017, 04:13 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2017/06/26/how-the-trump-tax-plan-could-lure-chris-paul-to-the-san-antonio-spurs/amp/

Very interesting read and breakdown

Chinook
06-26-2017, 04:14 PM
Bryn doing work.

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 04:18 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2017/06/26/how-the-trump-tax-plan-could-lure-chris-paul-to-the-san-antonio-spurs/amp/

Very interesting read and breakdown

Wow do you think orange shithead can get it passed by July 1st?

Mr. Body
06-26-2017, 04:19 PM
I'm tired of rich motherfuckers running this country. It's time we start slitting throats.

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:20 PM
I'm tired of rich motherfuckers running this country. It's time we start slitting throats.
And then let poor people run the country?

coachmac87
06-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Article Summary: 19M difference to stay in LAC

bic50
06-26-2017, 04:22 PM
The Rich run the world. Unfortunately.

BackHome
Yeah I hear that shit in Venezuela is doing just great for the Peoples

baseline bum

Hey don't worry, I'm sure Cruz and Rand Paul can get the number of uninsured by the Better Care Reconciliation Act up from 22 million to the original 24 million under the American Health Care Act.

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:25 PM
The Rich run the world. Unfortunately.
What would you rather have? Serious question.

Mr. Body
And then let poor people run the country?

Yes, they're not fucking cheaters. We need to start killing billionaires and their stooges.

ducks
it takes someone rich to get in office just look at what people are worth in congress

ducks
06-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Yes, they're not fucking cheaters. We need to start looking billionaires and their stooges.
so you automatically think since someone has made investements and got money they cheated?

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Yes, they're not fucking cheaters. We need to start killing billionaires and their stooges.
I know tons of poor people that cheat on their food stamps, lie about welfare and disability, cheat on their taxes by "child swapping"... You sure about this?
People are people...

ducks
06-26-2017, 04:27 PM
so mr body wants to spread the wealth and give to the ones that do not work or stick their money out their hoping to get a big return

that is a good way for people to not work for their $$$$ just let others give it to me like FOOD STAMPS

Mr. Body
06-26-2017, 04:27 PM
so you automatically think since someone has made investements and got money they cheated?

They're like vampires at this point. No one is making good investments at this point. They're buying politicians and making the rules and bleeding us dry. Wake up.

Mr. Body
06-26-2017, 04:28 PM
so mr body wants to spread the wealth and give to the ones that do not work or stick their money out their hoping to get a big return

I want to give money back to people that work. You think Donald Trump has worked a single day of his life? Give me a fucking break.

ducks
06-26-2017, 04:30 PM
who is going to get in office without big money
ward ran against McCain but she did not have big money and they relected a old fart that is worth big money

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:30 PM
I want to give money back to people that work. You think Donald Trump has worked a single day of his life? Give me a fucking break.
A noble and good perspective, but I don't think letting the Poor run things is the answer.
Get rid of career politicians. Put term limits for all elected officials on all levels and cap political spending on elections.
And quit this stupid ass zoning in conjunction with the electoral college!

That's a real start.

coachmac87
06-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Oh fuck this thread back fired....:lmao

ducks
I want taxes to go lower and cheaper health care and cheaper things to buy

gas prices went done but food prices did not go done

coachmac87
Bryn doing work.

I didn't understand this at first.....lol

ducks
06-26-2017, 04:32 PM
A noble and good perspective, but I don't think letting the Poor run things is the answer.
Get rid of career politicians. Put term limits for all elected officials on all levels and cap political spending on elections.

That's a real start.

I agree except for the electoral college

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:33 PM
I want taxes to go lower and cheaper health care and cheaper things to buy

gas prices went done but food prices did not go done
Just wait til everything gets done...

tonight...you
Why?

ducks
could you imagine letting someone one food stamps be the ecomony advisory for the president and congress

ducks
06-26-2017, 04:34 PM
Why?
because only 4 states would decide the election
the western states would have no voice at all since their population is nothing
California has more then the rest of the west

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 04:36 PM

Don't you remember, you hate McCain you fucking dumbass.

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:37 PM
You don't believe in a popular vote then, I guess. You would rather states get an arbitrary power level, even if very few people live there? So you believe in someone's vote counting maybe 20 times more than another persons vote, based on their location?

mo7888
06-26-2017, 04:39 PM

This

ducks
06-26-2017, 04:39 PM
yes I hate McCain I voted for ward!

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 04:41 PM
yes I hate McCain I voted for ward!

You just agreed with the post saying to cap spending in elections. That was McCain's #1 issue for years. :lol

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:41 PM
You don't believe in a popular vote then, I guess. You would rather states get an arbitrary power level, even if very few people live there? So you believe in someone's vote counting maybe 20 times more than another persons vote, based on their location?
This too.

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 04:42 PM

That's what happens now: Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania decide the president.

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:44 PM
You just agreed with the post saying to cap spending in politics. That was McCain's #1 issue for years. :lol
To be clear, I was not talking about political spending, but the spending on elections by individuals.
I have not followed what McCain's been saying and pining for, for the past several years tbh.

I figure you got it, but I just wanted to be clear of what I was saying.

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 04:44 PM
This too.

ducks is a snowflake who thinks his vote should count more than someone in California or New York.

ducks
06-26-2017, 04:45 PM
McCain wants cap spending but has more bad issues and never did anything for the va in phoenix
all he does is fly to see dbacks play every weekend

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 04:45 PM
To be clear, I was not talking about political spending, but the spending on elections by individuals.
I have not followed what McCain's been saying and pining for, for the past several years tbh.

I figure you got it, but I just wanted to be clear of what I was saying.

Shit, I wrote politics instead of elections

ducks
06-26-2017, 04:46 PM
I would be for the popular votes if the 3 million or 5 million illegals did not vote
everyone has to have a id to get money but people do not have to show it to prove they are USA CITIZENS!

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:47 PM
ducks (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13) is a snowflake who thinks his vote should count more than someone in California or New York.
Apparently. He won't address me directly at all on that. Just about those 4 states. And okay, so we should deny millions of people their votes because of several thousands of other people's votes, because they're what, rural?

Makes sense nowadays.

apalisoc_9
06-26-2017, 04:48 PM
I would be for the popular votes if the 3 million or 5 million illegals did not vote
everyone has to have a id to get money but people do not have to show it to prove they are USA CITIZENS!

We all know in sucks eyes any non-white American is either a terrorist, thug or illegal immigrant.

Really funny considering you can barely speak English.

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:49 PM
That's the nation's responsibility to monitor and abide by. They set up the system and you talk about illegals when hacking is happening...

ducks
06-26-2017, 04:49 PM
electoral college does need to cut California in half
half the state votes one way but la votes the other way and rewards it to the that way
offcouurse that is where all the illegals are and since they vote for the liberals the liberals want them and do not care about the USA

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 04:50 PM
half the state votes one way but la votes the other way and rewards it to the that way
offcouurse that is where all the illegals are and since they vote for the liberals the liberals want them and do not care about the USA

or just get rid of it, even better

ducks
06-26-2017, 04:51 PM
That's the nation's responsibility to monitor and abide by. They set up the system and you talk about illegals when hacking is happening...

you have cities saying they will not help ice

Mr. Body
06-26-2017, 04:51 PM

That's a real start.

We're way past that part, chum. The rich and their cronies are winning the game, hard. We have to overrun them and get them on the guillotines. Otherwise it's too late.

UZER
06-26-2017, 04:52 PM

You're rich to a homeless man.

ducks
06-26-2017, 04:54 PM
people want to lower election cost but to be on tv in big markets cost money and if it went to the popular vote the people running for office just went go to those cities and be on tv in those states

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:55 PM
you have cities saying they will not help ice
Thanks for going off the rails on that. You are looking like a real coward.

Phenomanul
06-26-2017, 04:56 PM
The United States of America elects the president based on the concept of a Constitutional Republic which gives states "a voice" - hence the electoral college. Representation in Congress, however, is based on the concept of electoral democracy. Not all branches of the government are elected with the same method. Justices at the federal level, for example, aren't voted in by the people at all... the president appoints them.

baseline bum
06-26-2017, 04:57 PM
We're way past that part, chum. The rich and their cronies are winning the game, hard. We have to overrun them and get them on the guillotines. Otherwise it's too late.

Should have been done nine years ago on Wall Street. When none of the bankers went to jail for the 2008 crash that pretty much established this nation as a straight oligarchy. It's not going back to anything democratic. If it didn't happen then it never will.

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:57 PM
I know. Just stating what would be the start of something there.

You just saying the poor should run shit was even less specific and offered nothing, but a notion. And less realistic. Although I'm not necessarily arguing with your wants.

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 04:58 PM
The United States of America elects the president based on the concept of a Constitutional Republic which gives states "a voice" - hence the electoral college. Representation in Congress, however, is based on the concept of electoral democracy.
Which is why the zoning of political areas is so huge right now on the state level.

noles1983
06-26-2017, 05:01 PM

Sort of like the majority of cities in Texas that vote blue but cant overcome the rural red. The problem goes both ways. 1 person, 1 vote. Fuck giving fly over states and states with more cows than people, more voting power than states like California, Texas, Florida, New York. Alaska gets 3 electoral college votes with a total population of 700,000. 1 vote per 233k people. California gets 55 votes for 40 million people, thats 1 vote per 727k people. Why the fuck should Alaska get 3 times the voting power than the 6th largest economy in the world? It's fucking stupid. California should have over 100 electoral votes if shit was equal and fair. Electoral College is an obsolete joke and anyone who supports it still is a fucking moron, tbh. Majority rules is what decides so many things in this country, except for electing the POTUS. We would rather give more influence to welfare states.

Phenomanul
06-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Which is why the zoning of political areas is so huge right now on the state level.

yeah... I don't necessarily condone the practice of gerrymandering.

That said, I also wouldn't agree with a system in which the masses living in population centers very unlike my own would be given the power to dictate national policy when the context of their urban areas is radically different from many other localities nationwide - simply because they happen to outnumber other areas of the nation.

Phenomanul
06-26-2017, 05:05 PM
Anyways... CP3 in a Spurs jersey is still a very intriguing idea...

GSH
06-26-2017, 05:09 PM

As long as you aren't suggesting that Barack, or Bill/Hillary, or George Senior/George Junior are any better, you've got a point. But the rich people aren't exactly buying politicians - it's a partnership. People bitching that Obama got paid $400K for a speech usually don't want to talk about Ronald Reagan getting paid $2M for two twenty minute speeches, way back in 1989. Obama just got a $60M deal for a book that isn't even written yet, and he wont write it himself.

If you think one side has clean(er) hands, you're part of the problem.

Big Empty
06-26-2017, 05:13 PM

Mikeanaro
06-26-2017, 05:13 PM
That said, I also wouldn't agree with a system in which the masses living in population centers very unlike my own would be given the power to dictate national policy when the context of their urban areas is radically different from many other localities nationwide - simply because they happen to outnumber other areas of the nation.

rastaspur
06-26-2017, 05:16 PM

The problem is that the game is so crooked. If the reigns of the country were turned over to poor people, then pretty soon those poor people will be very wealthy.

There is no such thing as a poor senator, congressman, etc.

Lobbyists and special interests will make it rain on whomever could be an obstacle to their own agenda. It's all in the game.

Nothing will ever change until the influence of lobbyists and big business are severely restricted.

If you want to get elected or reelected then you are on the pocket of big business and they got em right where they want them. You gotta play to even stay in the game.

And this is a bipartisan problem. Political whores stack up on both sides of the aisle.

tmtcsc
06-26-2017, 05:20 PM

No, he thinks that since people are poor and don't have anything, they are automatically generous.

rastaspur
06-26-2017, 05:21 PM
I know. Just stating what would be the start of something there.

You just saying the poor should run shit was even less specific and offered nothing, but a notion. And less realistic. Although I'm not necessarily arguing with your wants.

It all starts with lobbyists, special interest groups and big business.

I agree that putting poor people in power won't solve it. They won't be poor for long in the current political game.

If this country is going to be run with the majority of the people in mind, then the system and not the players need to be changed.

tmtcsc
06-26-2017, 05:23 PM
Sort of like the majority of cities in Texas that vote blue but cant overcome the rural red. The problem goes both ways. 1 person, 1 vote. Fuck giving fly over states and states with more cows than people, more voting power than states like California, Texas, Florida, New York. Alaska gets 3 electoral college votes with a total population of 700,000. 1 vote per 233k people. California gets 55 votes for 40 million people, thats 1 vote per 727k people. Why the fuck should Alaska get 3 times the voting power than the 6th largest economy in the world? It's fucking stupid. California should have over 100 electoral votes if shit was equal and fair. Electoral College is an obsolete joke and anyone who supports it still is a fucking moron, tbh. Majority rules is what decides so many things in this country, except for electing the POTUS. We would rather give more influence to welfare states.

Hey noles1983, are you an FSU alum?

noles1983
06-26-2017, 05:31 PM
Hey noles1983, are you an FSU alum?

Nah I wish, lived outside tallahassee for several years when I was younger. Grandfather had season tickets for 30 years. Went to school in Texas.

tmtcsc
06-26-2017, 05:37 PM
Nah I wish, lived outside tallahassee for several years when I was younger. Grandfather had season tickets for 30 years. Went to school in Texas.

Cool. I went to UT but I follow the Noles pretty closely. My dad played football for them back in the 50's. He grew up in the Tampa area - St. Petersburg

TrainOfThought5
06-26-2017, 05:45 PM
Bryn doing work.

I chuckled

noles1983
06-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Cool. I went to UT but I follow the Noles pretty closely. My dad played football for them back in the 50's. He grew up in the Tampa area - St. Petersburg

:bobo

BSfromTX
06-26-2017, 06:18 PM
Research central Bank of England, east India British company, and the United States struggle to avoid a central bank... which is what the "federal reserve is today. If you research that along with who runs the media, your eyes will be opened. What we pay in interest to the federal reserve is all of our tax dollars, so everything else gets put on the credit card. Things like illegals and welfare are just drops in the bucket. I believe you should work for what you get, but I am also aware that all of us are victims of a corrupt banking cabal and the governments that sell us out to them

elections, black/white, rich/poor, republican/democrat, gay/heterosexual, north/south, abortion/prolife

these are just tools to keep us pissed off each other and never seek the real truth. It's why every time you turn on the tv those fires are being stoked by media, movies and the Hollywood stars..... could you imagine what it would be like if we all got along? It would be powerful and threatening to the powers that be

keep arguing like a bunch of fools and this cycle will never be broken

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 06:24 PM
I'm guessing you're in your close to, or in your 50's? Right on.

tmtcsc
06-26-2017, 06:25 PM
I'm guessing you're in your close to, or in your 50's? Right on.

Almost 47

BSfromTX
06-26-2017, 06:25 PM

democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner

thats why this country was set up to be a republic... a lot of our problems are because the states have surrendered a lot of power to the federal government

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Research central Bank of England, east India British company, and the United States struggle to avoid a central bank... which is what the "federal reserve is today. If you research that along with who runs the media, your eyes will be opened. What we pay in interest to the federal reserve is all of our tax dollars, so everything else gets put on the credit card. Things like illegals and welfare are just drops in the bucket. I believe you should work for what you get, but I am also aware that all of us are victims of a corrupt banking cabal and the governments that sell us out to them

elections, black/white, rich/poor, republican/democrat, gay/heterosexual, north/south, abortion/prolife

these are just tools to keep us pissed off each other and never seek the real truth. It's why every time you turn on the tv those fires are being stoked by media, movies and the Hollywood stars..... could you imagine what it would be like if we all got along? It would be powerful and threatening to the powers that be

keep arguing like a bunch of fools and this cycle will never be broken
I like this guy. I'm tonight...you, and I endorse BSfromTX.

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 06:34 PM
Almost 47
Cool, cool. A bit older than me, but I felt that generational feels...

Things are so different in every way now... Even us 40-somethings act out like kids on the web, where we wouldn't do any such thing is public circles.

Well... many of us. I've gone to jail for being my "internet-self" before there was an "internet-self"...

Laughing Gravy
06-26-2017, 06:39 PM
There's a whoooole lotta stupid runin round in this thread.

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 06:41 PM
And unless you elaborate, everyone will include you in that group. Good job, new guy to the forum.

Spur|n|Austin
06-26-2017, 06:43 PM
Oh fuck this thread back fired....:lmao

:lol saw that coming, thanks for posting though I thought it was a solid read.

ducks
06-26-2017, 06:44 PM

we have someone who says there is stupid here in thread but does not say what it is
I say he has no balls to say what he is thinking

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjQwWDY0MA==/z/z6sAAOSwv-NWZYDG/$_1.JPG

coachmac87
06-26-2017, 06:46 PM
:lol saw that coming, thanks for posting though I thought it was a solid read.

Yeahhh I was just glad to see something to put that terrible cliche narrative about how Paul is sacrificing 50+M to bed tbh...

Taking it to the Hole
06-26-2017, 07:59 PM

Your just pissed that your not a billionaire. You think becoming a billionaire is easy? How many billionaires would you say are in the world? Did they all have it easy too? Instead of bitching that someone else has too much money, how about you go try to become one? It is amazing how funny it is when people hate on the rich until they become rich, then all of a sudden they do all the same things rich people do. But then it's ok, right?

06-26-2017, 10:54 PM
You're all forgetting that SA isn't the only Texas team going after Paul. So are the Rockets, so the no state income tax also works to his advantage if he signs with them.

DMC
06-26-2017, 11:02 PM
When you think you're tired of the wealthy running the world, go live in the projects and see how they run things. Pretty sure wealth is power and vice versa so it's like saying I'm tired of the ice being so cold.

rastaspur
06-26-2017, 11:12 PM
Greed runs everything.

I thought the wu tang clan made that abundantly clear in the 90's. Cash moves everything around us, c.r.e.a.m., get the money.... dollar dollars bills yall.

Why is this even up for debate? Professor ghost face weighed in on this a while ago.

gospursgojas
06-26-2017, 11:40 PM
Came for the breakdown of how the tax plan would help land CP3...couldn't filter through the MSNBC FOX NEWS facebook comments.

BillMc
06-27-2017, 12:31 AM

buttsR4rebounding
06-27-2017, 04:04 PM
Dang, I did not realize that California taxes income made in other states if your primary workplace is CA. That's crazy. No wonder so many businesses are moving from California to Texas. I know during the Perry administration that over 100 business a day were moving into Texas from California. Come on CP3, join the migration.

Russ
06-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Trump and CP3 -- two losers we don't need.

AFMadison
06-27-2017, 05:59 PM
Trump and CP3 -- two losers we don't need.
Well Trump is a winner. Maybe Trump's tax plan could help CP3 land in SA and be a winner also.
Trump effect, tbh.

cd98
06-27-2017, 06:01 PM
So even if Trump actually does something he promises to do, the best deal we can get CP3 is $15 million short of LA? He's not coming.

coachmac87
06-27-2017, 06:06 PM
So even if Trump actually does something he promises to do, the best deal we can get CP3 is $15 million short of LA? He's not coming.

19M...

But that's only due to the 5th year..

But the true 19M is different then the 50M all the mainstream idiots keep bringing up