PDA

View Full Version : What about LMA for Ryan Anderson+Pat Beverly?

FkLA
06-26-2017, 07:16 PM
Both are on the trading block. I know Anderson is on a terrible deal but Beverley's contract kind of makes up for it. We'd have Bev to throw at Curry, LDN at Klaynus, and Kawhichael at Durbeta--three All-Defense guys.

Anderson is shit obviously but I might be willing to absorb that deal just bc Bev is such a badass. Plus he's had great games against Donkey. I remember he lit him up during the New Orleans-GS series a couple years ago.

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 07:17 PM
Both are on the trading block. I know Anderson is on a terrible deal but Beverley's contract kind of makes up for it. We'd have Bev to throw at Curry, LDN at Klaynus, and Kawhichael at Durbeta.

Anderson is shit obviously but I might be willing to absorb that deal just bc Bev is such a badass. Plus he's had great games against Donkey. I remember he lit him up during the New Orleans-GS series a couple years ago.
Houston ain't trading with us, bro.

apalisoc_9
06-26-2017, 07:17 PM
Ryan Anderson :lol

DPG21920
06-26-2017, 07:18 PM
Outside of anything else, LMA is not a fit for HOU style. They would not value him because he's not the offensive player they require.

Mr. Body
06-26-2017, 07:25 PM
Outside of anything else, LMA is not a fit for HOU style. They would not value him because he's not the offensive player they require.

Disagree. He's actually a good fit for them. He just would go all Dwight Howard and pout.

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2017, 07:25 PM
The dude that got lit up by 35yr old Tony Parker and Pity Mills?

Plus the white American that sucks at home?

I'd rather throw Murray & Bertans in the fire, they'll probably produce as much as those two and on rookie contracts

tonight...you
06-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Disagree. He's actually a good fit for them. He just would go all Dwight Howard and pout.
Which would, in the end, be a bad fit for any team.

But I get what you're saying...

I just want a team to want this goober. I'm happy to be patient, but I don't want this bitch-and-a-half to be on the team opening day.

This punk can get his BS accolades (and everyone will consider them thus, after leaving this team) somewhere else.

FkLA
06-26-2017, 07:29 PM
Btw the thread title should read "What about LMGay for Ryan Anderson+Pat Beverly".

PC mod edited it, tbh.

tbdog
06-26-2017, 07:34 PM
How about no. Just no. Anderson is on a huge contract. I rather sign and trade for Gali and one of their guards.

DAF86
06-26-2017, 07:39 PM
In a heartbeat, but like DPG21920 said: I doubt Morey goes for it.

Man, you know you suck when a team can't get Beverly and Anderson for you. :lol

DPG21920
06-26-2017, 07:41 PM
In a heartbeat, but like DPG21920 said: I doubt Morey goes for it.

Man, you know you suck when a team can't get Beverly and Anderson for you. :lol

To be fair, if the system was different I think 100% value wise they would do it. They just play such a defined niche system

06-26-2017, 07:43 PM
Pat Bev - Green - Kawhi

would be nasty.

If we do end up losing LMA, I wonder how much our defense will suffer though. His rim protection has been big for us.

FkLA
06-26-2017, 07:45 PM
I rather sign and trade for Gali and one of their guards.

Gross.

benefactor
06-26-2017, 07:48 PM
Morey would never do it. He hates players that shoot midrange jumpers. It's threes or at the rim.

sasaint
06-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Morey would never do it. He hates players that shoot midrange jumpers. It's threes or at the rim.

Yep. LMA would never be able to play for either Morey or Pringles. If the Spurs are determined to bring in a vet PG, though, I would love to see them get Beverly. On his contract he is a much better value than all the max-contract PG candidates that get tossed around ST.

100%duncan
06-26-2017, 07:56 PM
I'd do it tbh. People who are very choosy need to remember it's Lamarcus Aldridge we're dealing here. :lol

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2017, 07:59 PM
Pat Bev - Green - Kawhi

would be nasty.

If we do end up losing LMA, I wonder how much our defense will suffer though. His rim protection has been big for us.
Looks good on paper, but defensive-only players won't beat Golden State. GSW will get around 110-125pts per game no matter what. A Green-Beverley backcourt is where offense goes to die.

2 way players is the way to go

TimDunkem
06-26-2017, 08:02 PM
TGY is actually right here. :lol The Spurs were a one man team on offense last year and so many of you complained about that. Now imagine the offense with Bev and Danny I love the club more than working on my game Green.

dabom
06-26-2017, 08:03 PM
LMA is a good player. We are getting trash back. He still has value in this league. Easily a 50 win team.

FkLA
06-26-2017, 08:05 PM
Yep. LMA would never be able to play for either Morey or Pringles. If the Spurs are determined to bring in a vet PG, though, I would love to see them get Beverly. On his contract he is a much better value than all the max-contract PG candidates that get tossed around ST.

Would be amazing if we could just get Bev but I don't think Morey would trade only him. I think he's the sweetener in a package deal to offset Anderson's horrible contract.

Looks good on paper, but defensive-only players won't beat Golden State. GSW will get around 110-125pts per game no matter what. A Green-Beverley backcourt is where offense goes to die.

Kawhichaels don't grow on trees, brah.

Big Empty
06-26-2017, 08:10 PM
Williams, Anderson, Capela for LaMacus and Danny Green

sasaint
06-26-2017, 08:18 PM
Would be amazing if we could just get Bev but I don't think Morey would trade only him. I think he's the sweetener in a package deal to offset Anderson's horrible contract.

I think he might deal Beverley separately since Beverly has been unhappy with his role. But I don't believe he would deal directly with the Spurs or want LMA. So, unless you find a third party, Beverly seems as unlikely to wear a Spurs uniform as CP3. Actually Anderson plays well at the AT&T - at least as a visitor. I wouldn't mind eating his contract if we could deal LMA to the Rockettes, hoping that he would perform as well for the home team. But he does seem a little redundant with Bertans on the team.

sananspursfan21
06-26-2017, 08:36 PM
To those of you guys who are saying no: the trade would be for Beverly. No one really wants Ryan Anderson but to get Beverly would almost create a defensive super team. I think it would be pretty cool to create this team that doesn't match the Warriors output but instead kryptonites it. Because looking at the players the Spurs are trying to get make it seem like we're trying to outdo the Warriors.

Ice009
06-26-2017, 10:33 PM
Both are on the trading block. I know Anderson is on a terrible deal but Beverley's contract kind of makes up for it. We'd have Bev to throw at Curry, LDN at Klaynus, and Kawhichael at Durbeta--three All-Defense guys.

I love Patrick Beverly, but NO FUCKING WAY am I taking on Ryan Anderson just to get him.

DAF86
06-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Beverly, Green, Kawhi, Bertans, Dedmon.
Murray, Manu, Korver, Anderson, Pau.

60 wins team that gives GS a run for their money in the WCF.

SAGirl
06-26-2017, 11:20 PM

Thats a good team. I have no idea how you get Beverly but it's worth trying...]

Anyways, I am more concerned about Dedmon. I have no idea what happens to him but frankly he didn't play that much in the playoffs. If we are really, really honest, due to injuries Pop ended up giving opportunities to everyone in the roster to earn some playoff playing time. Simmons seized the bull by the Horns. Anderson ended up seizing playing time as well, so did Dijon. Some guys played one game and not much in another (Forbes, Bertans and Dedmon).. but out of all of these, the biggest and most precipitous fall was Dedmon... bc he started out actually in the rotation and in the starting lineup. It can't be insignificant that Pop went away from him. He must not have been executing what Pop wanted. He was overall a negative offensively too. As much as he's a factor defensively, he also makes it difficult for others to score. It could be fit or something else... not sure. I tend to think he doesn't return.. but to be fair... it's very difficult to guesstimate at the state of the Spurs right now.

tmtcsc
06-26-2017, 11:25 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DBMo6wT3k-0/VOXMRp5Aq-I/AAAAAAAACnA/zyRDMncKuzs/s1600/UJGroSv.jpg

TGY didn't say one bad thing about Manu in his post. I mean....I'm at a loss.

TheGreatYacht
06-26-2017, 11:48 PM

Manure and 2 white Americans in the same lineup? Pau Gasol 2x NBA champion didn't sign up for this shit. What a joke

raybies
06-26-2017, 11:54 PM

This is hilarious. We would pretty much be the 2016-2017 Rockets. Green is like Ariza, Dedmon is like Capela, and Bertans would be like Anderson unless we got the real one lol Only difference is Kawhi is a better defender than Harden.

DAF86
06-26-2017, 11:56 PM
Manure and 2 white Americans in the same lineup? Pau Gasol 2x NBA champion didn't sign up for this shit. What a joke

For 20 minutes off the bench son.

Do you imagine Dejounte creating havoc within all the space provided by those other 4 players? I can't think of a better scenario to develop Murray, tbh.

DAF86
06-26-2017, 11:59 PM
This is hilarious. We would pretty much be the 2016-2017 Rockets. Green is like Ariza, Dedmon is like Capela, and Bertans would be like Anderson unless we got the real one lol Only difference is Kawhi is a better defender than Harden.

And Pop, and the defensive system, and the offensive system, and the winning mentality, and the defense first mindset. But yeah, other than that it would be just like the Rockets, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
06-27-2017, 12:00 AM
For 20 minutes off the bench son.

Do you imagine Dejounte creating havoc within all the space provided by those other 4 players? I can't think of a better scenario to develop Murray, tbh.
I don't want Murray in the same lineup as Manure. He'll be the next victim to fail while playing with that turd because they're not a good fit. Happened to Joseph, Simmons, and Anderson. All players that shined when they were allowed to have the ball in the starting lineup instead of watching Ginobili dribble for 20 seconds.

If you tell me Manu will take a step back in order to let Murray do his thing.... I'll laugh lmfao.

rastaspur
06-27-2017, 12:05 AM
What about I donate my sack to aldridge and then he will have a pair. Problem solved.

DAF86
06-27-2017, 12:06 AM
I don't want Murray in the same lineup as Manure. He'll be the next victim to fail while playing with that turd because they're not a good fit. Happened to Joseph, Simmons, and Anderson. All players that shined when they were allowed to have the ball in the starting lineup instead of watching Ginobili dribble for 20 seconds.

If you tell me Manu will take a step back in order to let Murray do his thing.... I'll laugh lmfao.

All those players suck son. :lol

Hill didn't have any problem developing alongside Manu, tbh. Neither did Tony for that matter, who used to share with Manu like 25 minutes per game back when both were in their respective primes. If Murray has what it takes, he will thrive. Manu is a pretty damn good teammate to play with actually. People's offensive numbers, historically, tend to go up when playing alongside him, tbh.

SAGirl
06-27-2017, 12:31 AM
What about I donate my sack to aldridge and then he will have a pair. Problem solved.

:lmao

you are on a roll rasta.
here's another brownie for ya:
http://assets.marthastewart.com/styles/video-preview-1280x720-highdpi/d37/triple_chocolate_slow_cooker_brownies/triple_chocolate_slow_cooker_brownies_horiz.jpg?it ok=FhWv2ptu
has a little of tha green baked in. :)

DAF86
06-27-2017, 12:33 AM
SHE'S TALKING ABOUT MARIJUANA!

SAGirl
06-27-2017, 12:40 AM
SHE'S TALKING ABOUT MARIJUANA!

rasta is known to like to smoke.. by his own admission. If I am offering a metaphorical treat I am going to offer a treat he likes :toast

(now I don't visit the political forums at all.. if that is some hot topic... /yawn)

cutewizard
06-27-2017, 03:34 AM
I want some new players:

Nene

Epe Udoh

Plus, can we get Tony Allen, too??

Seventyniner
06-27-2017, 08:50 AM

Kawhi would have to be even more of a do-everything player on offense here, he would be the only playmaker in the starting lineup. He could afford to spend less energy on defense though.

Could say the same about this past year's team if Kawhi didn't get hurt.

sasaint
06-27-2017, 09:19 AM

Wow! That would make you double the team player that Manu is/was.

sasaint
06-27-2017, 09:27 AM

you are on a roll rasta.
http://assets.marthastewart.com/styles/video-preview-1280x720-highdpi/d37/triple_chocolate_slow_cooker_brownies/triple_chocolate_slow_cooker_brownies_horiz.jpg?it ok=FhWv2ptu

Nobody will care about your stance on Kyle if you start passing those treats out. What do I need to do to earn some?

sasaint
06-27-2017, 09:28 AM
I want some new players:

Nene

Epe Udoh

Plus, can we get Tony Allen, too??

No more geezers.

rastaspur
06-27-2017, 10:16 AM

you are on a roll rasta.

Thanks, sa girl. That is sweet of you. Just for that I will refrain from asking for tit pics from hereonout.

Nothing but a gentleman from this day forth.

$pursDynasty
06-27-2017, 12:38 PM
maybe Ariza and Beverly plus a pick

Horse
06-27-2017, 12:40 PM
I'd take Beverly for sure. not only did it seem like he couldn't miss from 3 against us, think of all the guards he could zaza.

tonight...you
06-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Thanks, sa girl. That is sweet of you. Just for that I will refrain from asking for tit pics from hereonout.

You won't remember...

MultiTroll
06-27-2017, 01:06 PM
Anderson was already on a long time ban for his cowardice vs Manu.

But to see him start his cheapshot shit again in the playoffs vs Spurs......

He should be dead to all of us.

rastaspur
06-27-2017, 01:11 PM
You won't remember...

Haha.

I typed that out in the morning. That increases the chance I will remember. I'm normally sober until about supper time. Then my memory turns into an etch a sketch.

SAGirl
06-27-2017, 02:10 PM
Nobody will care about your stance on Kyle if you start passing those treats out. What do I need to do to earn some?

:lol yea... quite a few guys could use some of them brownies.

I will bring a trey and offer to forum posters that don't use the word fathead... i don't think there are that many but you are one. so here's a treat to share:

https://images-gmi-pmc.edge-generalmills.com/3ab06bb3-1e65-4c71-afcb-4516df622e0c.jpg

there are so many delicious recipes online I want one too. lol

tonight...you
06-27-2017, 02:14 PM
Haha.

I typed that out in the morning. That increases the chance I will remember. I'm normally sober until about supper time. Then my memory turns into an etch a sketch.
I'm with ya baby. We joint brothers in arms.

SpursforSix
06-27-2017, 03:07 PM

I will bring a trey and offer to forum posters that don't use the word fathead... i don't think there are that many but you are one. so here's a treat to share:

https://images-gmi-pmc.edge-generalmills.com/3ab06bb3-1e65-4c71-afcb-4516df622e0c.jpg

That treat is racist. WTF.

sasaint
06-27-2017, 04:16 PM

Thanks! Very kind. I can only assume they are treats of the same order as you gave rasta - with the green surprise!

look_at_g_shred
06-27-2017, 04:24 PM

:meeting:

portnoy1
06-27-2017, 05:00 PM

Your assuming Aldridge has one already.

rastaspur
06-27-2017, 06:15 PM

Do you prefer kyle or normal head? I will go with your preference.

duncan2k5
06-27-2017, 07:13 PM
Which would, in the end, be a bad fit for any team.

But I get what you're saying...

I just want a team to want this goober. I'm happy to be patient, but I don't want this bitch-and-a-half to be on the team opening day.

This punk can get his BS accolades (and everyone will consider them thus, after leaving this team) somewhere else.

tonight...you
06-27-2017, 08:00 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

UZER
06-27-2017, 08:04 PM

What style does Aldridge actually fit these days?

rastaspur
06-27-2017, 09:12 PM
What style does Aldridge actually fit these days?

Losing basketall apparently. So who is going to suck or try and tank. Identify those targets, trade him and then let the big dog eat on a bunch of empty stats. It's a full proof strategy. No way this doesn't work out in favor of the spurs.

I am still looking for that silver lining in all of this but keep striking out.

F aldridge. He has taken a big ole piss in all of our cheerio bowls.

SAGirl
06-27-2017, 09:18 PM
Do you prefer kyle or normal head? I will go with your preference.
Kyle or Slow-mo,

rastaspur
06-27-2017, 09:23 PM
Kyle or Slow-mo,

Find out where he lives and go start taking him some meals. If the kid could put on 10 pounds of muscle I think he would be a stud of a pf.

I am going to catch shit for it, but I truly believe that. It would give the team so much flexibility.

06-28-2017, 11:29 AM
Houston ain't trading with us, bro.

They should considering Aldridge seems to love playing in Toyota Center and has had some monster games there .