PDA

View Full Version : GH3 and Blake Griffin is a viable solution

Atl Spur
06-28-2017, 01:52 PM
I actually see Kawhi running the offense in a high pick and roll look therefor reducing the importance of the traditional point guard set up. George can shoot as well as Blake. Unless one of these dudes have a debilitating issue, I say roll with these two. Trade LaMarcus and Danny.....sign Simmons.

NickiRasgo
06-28-2017, 01:54 PM
Of course, another thread.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 01:57 PM
Another thread about Hill at that... Who isn't even a solution.

ZZzzzzZzZzzz....

noles1983
06-28-2017, 01:58 PM
Anything that involves George Hill is not a solution of any kind.

Chillen
06-28-2017, 01:59 PM
I don't get what's so great about signing George Hill, I'd rather the Spurs sign Blake Griffin and try and make something happen or it's going to be a long season next year.

Atl Spur
06-28-2017, 02:02 PM
Quick question, had GH3 been on our team last year would we been better or worst in the playoffs paired with Leonard????

Atl Spur
06-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Defense and timely shooting beats Golden State as well as making their WHOLE team play sound defense. GH3 is more than capable of enhanced production in our system.

MaNu4Tres
06-28-2017, 02:06 PM
I don't think the Spurs are targeting a PG this free agent period. They knew two weeks ago they didn't have a shot at CP3 ( according to Lou Williams twitter -- this had been in the works for 2 weeks). Knowing they weren't going to land CP3 (the only PG worth paying up for), they decided to get the help at the PG position via the draft. The draft makes sense now.

coachmac87
06-28-2017, 02:08 PM
I don't think the Spurs are targeting a PG this free agent period. They knew two weeks ago they didn't have a shot at CP3 ( according to Lou Williams twitter -- this had been in the works for 2 weeks). Knowing they weren't going to land CP3 (the only PG worth paying up for), they decided to get the help at the PG position via the draft. The draft makes sense now.

What did Lou Williams tweet?

Chinook
06-28-2017, 02:11 PM
They might not want to upgrade at PG with Parker coming back, Murray looking good and a guy they wanted at 29. But I doubt it was Paul or bust. They're likely to spend on someone.

MaNu4Tres
06-28-2017, 02:12 PM
What did Lou Williams tweet?

He basically said this deal had been in the works for 2 weeks.

MaNu4Tres
06-28-2017, 02:13 PM
They might not want to upgrade at PG with Parker coming back, Murray looking good and a guy they wanted at 29. But I doubt it was Paul or bust. They're likely to spend on someone.

Possibly. I think they'll end up not breaking the bank on the position and sign a vet for the minimum.

Atl Spur
06-28-2017, 02:13 PM

I would be hard pressed to believe they didn't know Chris wasn't coming before today......... They don't just run their mouth like most clown organizations. Be thankful!

Chinook
06-28-2017, 02:15 PM
Possibly. I think they'll end up not breaking the bank on the position and sign a vet for the minimum.

They supposedly have $25 Million with only Gasol in line to get any of it. No reason to look for min deals.

MaNu4Tres
06-28-2017, 02:17 PM
They supposedly have $25 Million with only Gasol in line to get any of it. No reason to look for min deals.

You spend or utilize the cap space at other positions.

Atl Spur
06-28-2017, 02:27 PM
Kawhi and Blake in high pick and roll.......DEVASTATING!! The thing is, most people don't think Kawhi has evolved into a point forward that can handle the offense....wrong answer. I make all these clowns in the barbershop eat crow concerning Kawhi now a days. GH3 and Simmons can both penetrate.

bklynspursfan
06-28-2017, 02:29 PM
No thank you to Blake.

Chinook
06-28-2017, 02:30 PM
You spend or utilize the cap space at other positions.

Like where?

Atl Spur
06-28-2017, 02:33 PM
No thank you to Blake.

Have we ever had a player comparable to Blake Griffins style of play......EVER? Don't be a prisoner of the moment; objectively speaking maybe you should go do some research.

Chillen
06-28-2017, 02:35 PM
No thank you to Blake.

It's up to the Spurs, I think he is a better player than LMA. Spurs have to do something now because Warriors are a better team and Rockets just got better.

tbdog
06-28-2017, 02:37 PM

Exactly. It appeared obvious once spurs drafted White. Their attention was on George and Poltz, and Lma and Green were our bait. It's a smarter strategy, to get a long look at Murray and White, until Parker is ready for the playoffs. But if we miss out on any decent names, it's going to be a long season.

Atl Spur
06-28-2017, 02:40 PM
Blake: 28yrs old running mate........

Griffin averaged 21.6 points, 8.1 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game while shooting 49.3 percent from the field for L.A. this past season. He also ranked second in the NBA among qualified power forwards in*player efficiency rating, per ESPN, behind only Anthony Davis of the New Orleans Pelicans.

MaNu4Tres
06-28-2017, 02:40 PM
Exactly. It appeared obvious once spurs drafted White. Their attention was on George and Poltz, and Lma and Green were our bait. It's a smarter strategy, to get a long look at Murray and White, until Parker is ready for the playoffs. But if we miss out on any decent names, it's going to be a long season.

I can also see SA signing Hill but only at a discount.

bklynspursfan
06-28-2017, 02:44 PM
Have we ever had a player comparable to Blake Griffins style of play......EVER? Don't be a prisoner of the moment; objectively speaking maybe you should go do some research.

Do research on what exactly?

I would prefer Milsap, who I know is a bit older, but can also score without having plays run for him, and will do a lot of dirty work defensively, and knock down the 3 which is important from that position.

Atl Spur
06-28-2017, 02:44 PM
We could hold LA hostage for Patrick Beverly. They need some production and their steps in LaMarcus....... he still can score and put up decent numbers in a non-stressful situation right? Blake and Patrick + second rounder for LA + Kyle. Davis is ready to take up the backup PF role hopefully. Small pieces to pay for Beverly.

baseline bum
06-28-2017, 02:45 PM
Blake would be a really nice get, but I think Jerry West will be able to hold onto him.

Atl Spur
06-28-2017, 02:46 PM
Do research on what exactly?

I would prefer Milsap, who I know is a bit older, but can also score without having plays run for him, and will do a lot of dirty work defensively, and knock down the 3 which is important from that position.

Cool. Can't fault you for your preferences......

Dex
06-28-2017, 02:46 PM
I hear Richard Jefferson is available.

bklynspursfan
06-28-2017, 02:47 PM
It's up to the Spurs, I think he is a better player than LMA. Spurs have to do something now because Warriors are a better team and Rockets just got better.

I think he's better offensively no doubt. We'll lose some of LMA's defense/rim protection, which he was pretty good at. I worry about Griffin's injury history too. Idk... We'll see what happens I guess

Chillen
06-28-2017, 02:50 PM
Blake would be a really nice get, but I think Jerry West will be able to hold onto him.

If he signs with Clippers he will regret and be crying trade really fast. If dude wants to win and not just about $$$ anywhere but LAC, Spurs are a good fit. LAC should be rebuilding now, lob city is no more. Griffin signing with Clippers would be like Melo signing with the Knicks. Choose money over winning.

Atl Spur
06-28-2017, 03:36 PM
I really believe adding a tyreke evans to the team at the two would work also........

rastaspur
06-28-2017, 04:00 PM

Pretty much my thoughts as well. The most mature pg in the draft was taken despite alleged interest in cp3

DPG21920
06-28-2017, 04:10 PM
I honestly don't see SA's draft meaning anything towards going after a PG.

If Mills is really gone and Manu too, drafting a PG makes sense because you are down two ball handlers already. Then factor in that TP is injured, they still need a PG even if you like Murray.

SA, IMO, will still go after a PG.

keithington1
06-28-2017, 04:11 PM
Can we get Evans or Gay?

Atl Spur
06-28-2017, 04:31 PM
Could San Antonio have a Gordon Heyward signing up their sleeve? Heyward and Kawhi........Nasty

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 04:39 PM
No. They don't. It's BOS/UT/MIA for Hayward and no one else.

SilverSpur
06-28-2017, 04:58 PM

Griffin has said he will opt out and I think he will stick with his decision.

Down Under
06-28-2017, 06:25 PM
I honestly don't see SA's draft meaning anything towards going after a PG.

If Mills is really gone and Manu too, drafting a PG makes sense because you are down two ball handlers already. Then factor in that TP is injured, they still need a PG even if you like Murray.

SA, IMO, will still go after a PG.
You really think Mills is gone? There's every indication Murray will start the first half of the season given that he started throughout the playoffs and his high ceiling. Working out with Kawhi during the offseason shows how much he wants it. Anyone with his physical tools, willingness to be coached & desire to just keep getting better rarely fails unless they have a really low IQ. I supposed the question is how long it's going to take.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 06:26 PM
Let's hope Mills is gone, tbh...

baseline bum
06-28-2017, 06:41 PM
Griffin has said he will opt out and I think he will stick with his decision.

Just because he's opting out doesn't mean he's walking. He'll get a big raise opting out and signing a new deal.

Chucho
06-29-2017, 01:27 PM
I just don't understand how people would be against Rose and in favor of George Hill. Even the twits saying "look at his stats", well, Rose had better stats. And has a desire to win. Hill, will be a FLOP after having a career year.

How anyone wants a post-30, oft injured "PG" who is just a bad fit in the way the offense has changed since we traded him, isn't this "solid" defender he is being made out to be is just beyond me. It would be a BAD signing, like Malik Rose BAD.

I'd rather roll with Murray, TP's corpse and whatever serviceable, low-cost PG we can get than waste valuable cap space and roster space on a dude on the way down. I'd take Patty over him all day. I'd take Rose over him, they're going to be about the same price, just Rose is a little better.

But seriously, fuck the idea that G Hill is an answer, a solution and a good fit. He is none, he'd be a bad contract on a team that just doesn't need another one of those right now.

MaNu4Tres
06-29-2017, 01:28 PM
I just don't understand how people would be against Rose and in favor of George Hill. Even the twits saying "look at his stats", well, Rose had better stats. And has a desire to win. Hill, will be a FLOP after having a career year.

How anyone wants a post-30, oft injured "PG" who is just a bad fit in the way the offense has changed since we traded him, isn't this "solid" defender he is being made out to be is just beyond me. It would be a BAD signing, like Malik Rose BAD.

I'd rather roll with Murray, TP's corpse and whatever serviceable, low-cost PG we can get than waste valuable cap space and roster space on a dude on the way down. I'd take Patty over him all day. I'd take Rose over him, they're going to be about the same price, just Rose is a little better.

But seriously, fuck the idea that G Hill is an answer, a solution and a good fit. He is none, he'd be a bad contract on a team that just doesn't need another one of those right now.

I rather have Rose on a 1+1 deal than having Georgie on a 3 or 4 yr deal tbh.

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2017, 01:46 PM
Rose and Hill would both be horrible, tbh..I don't really understand the fascination with adding another PG..Parker is still going to have a guaranteed role when he returns and they're already high on Murray, what's the point?

Sign a veteran, 3rd string placeholder PG to split minutes with Murray until Parker returns..

MaNu4Tres
06-29-2017, 01:48 PM
Rose and Hill would both be horrible, tbh..I don't really understand the fascination with adding another PG..Parker is still going to have a guaranteed role when he returns and they're already high on Murray, what's the point?

Sign a veteran, 3rd string placeholder PG to split minutes with Murray until Parker returns..

Exactly what I've been saying for 8 months. I agree. Not just Murray and Parker, but add in White and Forbes. Just sign a vet for the minimum as insurance.

I'm just saying I rather have Rose on 1+1 over Hill for 3-4 yrs.

itzsoweezee
06-29-2017, 02:43 PM

Parker is done. He had a devastating leg injury at an old age, at a time he was already experiencing significant physical decline. He's never going to be a solid contributor again.

Regardless, I'm fine with Murray starting. The Spurs need a solid backup pg, though. Maybe it should be Patty.

Down Under
06-29-2017, 06:01 PM

Is it foregone that Mills is gone?

Spurtacular
06-29-2017, 06:22 PM
I actually see Kawhi running the offense in a high pick and roll look therefor reducing the importance of the traditional point guard set up. George can shoot as well as Blake. Unless one of these dudes have a debilitating issue, I say roll with these two. Trade LaMarcus and Danny.....sign Simmons.

That sounds horrible.