PDA

View Full Version : has 2017 been the worst year in recent memory?

UNT Eagles 2016
06-28-2017, 02:53 PM
Sports and everything else... 2017 has just been awful like no other year, at least in my life that I could remember. 2013 was another one of those truly rotten years.

And the sad part was 2016 was pretty darn good, basketball notwithstanding.

Since 2005. Ranked

2017*

Reck
06-28-2017, 03:02 PM
LOL makes a thread complaining about year been bad and then proceeds to not explain why.

Are we supposed to divine what you watch, what your teams are and why? :lol

06-28-2017, 03:11 PM
no one gives a fuck about your year faggot

lefty20
06-28-2017, 03:24 PM
2011 was personally the worst year for me, sports wise, with having to watch the Packers, Cards and Mavs(happy they beat the heatles, but watching Cuban and Jet celebrate :vomit:) win the chip in the same calendar year.

spurraider21
06-28-2017, 03:36 PM
aside from one of my dogs dying, best year of my life. finished school, taking the bar, and getting married in a few months

Darth_Pelican
06-28-2017, 03:39 PM
aside from one of my dogs dying, best year of my life. finished school, taking the bar, and getting married in a few months

And the Raiders were back in the playoffs. Bittersweet ending but bright future.

spurraider21
06-28-2017, 03:40 PM
And the Raiders were back in the playoffs. Bittersweet ending but bright future.
sure, that too... but in the context of everything else going on, sports are a distant 2nd

Joseph Kony
06-28-2017, 03:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vWv0svK.png

Mark Celibate
06-28-2017, 09:42 PM

rofl, congrats brah

going to miss our back and forth math/science bantz :depressed

benefactor
06-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Are there really good years when you are as far down the autism spectrum as you are?

spurraider21
06-28-2017, 10:07 PM
rofl, congrats brah

going to miss our back and forth math/science bantz :depressed
ST will always be my mistress :lol

benefactor
06-28-2017, 10:09 PM
ST will always be my mistress :lol
Hell, when my marriage went to shit this is what I did to ignore her:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
06-28-2017, 10:14 PM
2011 was personally the worst year for me, sports wise, with having to watch the Packers, Cards and Mavs(happy they beat the heatles, but watching Cuban and Jet celebrate :vomit:) win the chip in the same calendar year.

2011 was bad sports wise, it really was. The Rangers choke was the worst and baseball is a distant third to me.

But still, the Lakers didn't win.

2011 had some decent moments... nothing special. Just another year to me

UNT Eagles 2016
06-28-2017, 10:16 PM

So your year this year is similar to my last year. Outside of the dog part. I don't like animals, fortunately. Well I'll pet someone's puppy or kitten but I would never want one on my property nor would I ever have one of my own.

Xevious
06-28-2017, 11:02 PM
Seems like you're always fucking miserable, how could this year be worse?

Avante
06-29-2017, 12:13 AM
Look above, the same dip shits acting like jerks, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~ Guys who never do anything themselves playing critic, yep, sucks.

2017 has been great....so far.

Have added CD's by...

Day of the New
The Mills Brothers
Boz Scaggs
Tony Joe White
Gillian Welch
John Lee Hooker
Shawn Mullins
Black Country
Pearl Jam
Motley Crue
Steve Earle
Bonnie Raitt
Meatloaf
Lefty Frizzell
Peggy Lee
Charles Mingus
Lead Belly
Dinah Washington
Art Tatum
Godsmack
Disturbed
Uncle Tupelo
Willie Ames
Al Green
Three Dog Night

A ton of 50's vocal groups, ya know DoWop.

Chris Thomas King
Harry Manx
Willie Nelson
The Troggs
The Eagles
Bob Segar and The Silver Bullet Band

Tons of compilations...50's, 60', 70's.

Kings of Leon
The Black Keys
Dommin
Creed

Ton's of Funk,Souk compilations.

An 8 CD boxset....classic country.

So musically....outstanding.

I'm still pushing over 400 in the bench and look absolutely incredible. Always getting asked.....what is your diet?

My predictions on track & field forums have actuallly shocked people, as they argue over am I a guru or .....rainman.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....just keeps pouring in.

Life is amazing.

Like most mature and inteligent adults once ya decide to do this messageboard trip you will always encounter the dumb asses who get a nut messing with people in hiding, here comes one now..............

monosylab1k
06-29-2017, 02:44 PM
Thanks Obama!

LaMarcus Bryant
06-29-2017, 02:49 PM
LOL born during the Obama years

LaMarcus Bryant
06-29-2017, 02:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vWv0svK.png

CROFLMAO :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2017, 03:09 PM
LOL born during the Obama years

Born early in Slick Willie's first term. But nice try

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2017, 03:19 PM
Seems like you're always fucking miserable, how could this year be worse?

2014 was a damn good year.

2013 was... trying, to say the least. Some horrible rock bottom lows, some reasons for excitement. In order: Dumped on V-Day by serious gf when asking her to prom, learned to sing masterfully, got interview for full ride scholarship to UNT, great uncle dies, letter comes back that I didn't get the scholarship, still plan to attend UNT anyway with patchy grants and small scholarships, HS valedictorian graduation, 6, longest/hottest summer ever, started college, it's 107º outside, cute girl who I'd talked to since the spring who was going to said college ended up hating me, pledge a stupid frat, me and gay black dude had to both move from our original dorm even though it was 100% his fault, friend helps me move to new dorm (a better but more expensive one), got written up to dean of students by a littlebitch 25 y/o stuck-up girl teacher in a gimmick class I didn't even want, quit the frat, pretend to rush a Hispanic frat to get free chicken wings, UNT doing well at football, weather finally cools down, UNT doing really well at football, Spurs championship season begins, homecoming, pancakes with pretty girls, UNT loses to... UTSA at home? WTF?, get fucking wasted at a party and walked back in the dark 2 miles, weather gets cold, Thanksgiving spent alone on campus, dead week, weather gets REALLY cold, Icepocalypse happens, finals get squinched into REALLY tight window, I still make straight A's, go home to SA, get LASIK, Christmas happens, Cowboys lose final game to Eagles on Orton pick, Spurs look good but a step below the Thunder and Heatles, end of the year.

2013 in a heaping nutshell.

Mark Celibate
06-29-2017, 03:24 PM
^brah...

http://48laws-of-power.blogspot.com/2011/05/law-4-always-say-less-than-necessary.html (http://48laws-of-power.blogspot.com/2011/05/law-4-always-say-less-than-necessary.html)

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2017, 03:26 PM
^brah...

http://48laws-of-power.blogspot.com/2011/05/law-4-always-say-less-than-necessary.html (http://48laws-of-power.blogspot.com/2011/05/law-4-always-say-less-than-necessary.html)

2013 was just that kind of year, though.

I couldn't write that much about any year even if I tried hard. That was jam packed unlike any other year. I guess you can say that a lot for a lot of years for HS senior/college freshman transitionees, though.

But most of them wouldn't include 6. Unless you're a diehard Rangers fan in 2011.

resistanze
06-29-2017, 03:30 PM
no one gives a fuck about your year faggot

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2017, 03:31 PM
I also took a $36.7k loss in real estate this year, could be more as it winds up when I have to pay the realtor a lost property mgmt fee after the next project.

Mitch
06-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Damn, Andrew. You complain a lot :lol

That big ass black girl you married must smack you around a lot for all the bitching

spurraider21
06-29-2017, 09:10 PM
^brah...

http://48laws-of-power.blogspot.com/2011/05/law-4-always-say-less-than-necessary.html (http://48laws-of-power.blogspot.com/2011/05/law-4-always-say-less-than-necessary.html)bruh rule #1 is not to outshine the master. watch what you say about le merchant from now on

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2017, 09:20 PM
Damn, Andrew. You complain a lot :lol

That big ass black girl you married must smack you around a lot for all the bitching

No, she complains more than I do. She thinks I don't love her even though I tell her all nice and loving things every day. Wtf

Chucho
06-29-2017, 09:31 PM
I'm a Viccodin abuser, but I still poop 3+ times a day. Friggin great year.

Mitch
06-29-2017, 09:39 PM
No, she complains more than I do. She thinks I don't love her even though I tell her all nice and loving things every day. Wtf

Just buy her a handbag while Technique fucks her.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-29-2017, 09:48 PM
I'm a Viccodin abuser, but I still poop 3+ times a day. Friggin great year.
I'm lucky to poop twice a week.

Chucho
06-29-2017, 10:39 PM
I'm lucky to poop twice a week.

I absolutely LOVE the sanctuary and serenity that taking a shit provides. Nothing better than smoking a joint while taking a shit then having a beer while you take a shower.

baseline bum
06-29-2017, 10:43 PM
Is UNT Jacob1983's troll?

pgardn
06-29-2017, 10:52 PM
I absolutely LOVE the sanctuary and serenity that taking a shit provides. Nothing better than smoking a joint while taking a shit then having a beer while you take a shower.

The Dude...

SnakeBoy
06-30-2017, 12:47 AM

2013 was... trying, to say the least. Some horrible rock bottom lows, some reasons for excitement. In order: Dumped on V-Day by serious gf when asking her to prom, learned to sing masterfully, got interview for full ride scholarship to UNT, great uncle dies, letter comes back that I didn't get the scholarship, still plan to attend UNT anyway with patchy grants and small scholarships, HS valedictorian graduation, 6, longest/hottest summer ever, started college, it's 107º outside, cute girl who I'd talked to since the spring who was going to said college ended up hating me, pledge a stupid frat, me and gay black dude had to both move from our original dorm even though it was 100% his fault, friend helps me move to new dorm (a better but more expensive one), got written up to dean of students by a littlebitch 25 y/o stuck-up girl teacher in a gimmick class I didn't even want, quit the frat, pretend to rush a Hispanic frat to get free chicken wings, UNT doing well at football, weather finally cools down, UNT doing really well at football, Spurs championship season begins, homecoming, pancakes with pretty girls, UNT loses to... UTSA at home? WTF?, get fucking wasted at a party and walked back in the dark 2 miles, weather gets cold, Thanksgiving spent alone on campus, dead week, weather gets REALLY cold, Icepocalypse happens, finals get squinched into REALLY tight window, I still make straight A's, go home to SA, get LASIK, Christmas happens, Cowboys lose final game to Eagles on Orton pick, Spurs look good but a step below the Thunder and Heatles, end of the year.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/vN2WzQzxuoA/maxresdefault.jpg

Aztecfan03
06-30-2017, 02:59 AM

you aren't supposed to get lasik that young.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-30-2017, 07:16 AM

Beer on an empty stomach, no sir.

pgardn
06-30-2017, 07:39 AM

Nah.

That shower is after the chicken wings you bogarted off the Hispanic frat.

Mark Celibate
06-30-2017, 08:32 AM
:lol pretending to rush a Hispanic frat for free chicken wings

that's actually pretty funny

Chucho
06-30-2017, 11:40 AM

There's always something on tap, even after I fire one out. You've much to learn, Lad.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-30-2017, 03:11 PM
:lol pretending to rush a Hispanic frat for free chicken wings

that's actually pretty funny

Nah.

That shower is after the chicken wings you bogarted off the Hispanic frat.

It was the UNT Omega Delta Phi chapter. They said I could even have a bid if I worked hard enough towards that, even though I'd only be one of 2 non-Hispanics (the other a mixed asian guy). The president/chair was a guy named Danny. The rush chair's name was Ithum (or something like that). Pretty cool mexican and salvadorian dudes and they actually hung out with hotter chicks than the ones the regular IFC frat guys had...at least that was my taste in women at the time... ODPhi mostly met with pretty Hispanic girls from MGC sororities. But then again it was still 2013 and I was still used to crushing on Hispanic girls having grown up in SA. The regular panhellenic sororities there were too, idk... blonde, too ditzy, for the most part?

As far as the chicken wings, it was boneless wings back in 2013 when Buffalo Wild Wings (at least the one in Denton) had unlimited 50 cent chicken wings every Thursday evening. So don't feel TOO bad.

Joseph Kony
06-30-2017, 04:24 PM

quit being a little bitch

spurraider21
06-30-2017, 04:32 PM
actual account of OP's marriage :wow

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/couple-still-struggles-sex-one-month-marriage-074338580.html

Avante
06-30-2017, 09:15 PM
Seen a lot of presidents but have never seen anything like we are seeing in 2017. What in the hell is going on, this guy belongs here, the guy is a fucking freak. How in the hell this moron ever made any $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

And, dump the stupid ass way we elect these people. The popular vote is all that should matter.

I will predict this....

Trump will not be our President by this time next year.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-30-2017, 09:50 PM
Seen a lot of presidents but have never seen anything like we are seeing in 2017. What in the hell is going on, this guy belongs here, the guy is a fucking freak. How in the hell this moron ever made any $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?

And, dump the stupid ass way we elect these people. The popular vote is all that should matter.

I will predict this....

Trump will not be our President by this time next year.

Hillary was a much worse choice, though.

pgardn
06-30-2017, 10:42 PM
It was the UNT Omega Delta Phi chapter. They said I could even have a bid if I worked hard enough towards that, even though I'd only be one of 2 non-Hispanics (the other a mixed asian guy). The president/chair was a guy named Danny. The rush chair's name was Ithum (or something like that). Pretty cool mexican and salvadorian dudes and they actually hung out with hotter chicks than the ones the regular IFC frat guys had...at least that was my taste in women at the time... ODPhi mostly met with pretty Hispanic girls from MGC sororities. But then again it was still 2013 and I was still used to crushing on Hispanic girls having grown up in SA. The regular panhellenic sororities there were too, idk... blonde, too ditzy, for the most part?

As far as the chicken wings, it was boneless wings back in 2013 when Buffalo Wild Wings (at least the one in Denton) had unlimited 50 cent chicken wings every Thursday evening. So don't feel TOO bad.

The Hispanic frat named furniture after some sort of fake chemical element?
You are lucky to be alive and thinking about where to cunningly plan for your next meal.

Im getting this vision of Nacho Libre hunting you down for a partner using stale tortilla chips as bait.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-01-2017, 01:16 PM
The Hispanic frat named furniture after some sort of fake chemical element?
You are lucky to be alive and thinking about where to cunningly plan for your next meal.

Im getting this vision of Nacho Libre hunting you down for a partner using stale tortilla chips as bait.

No not furniture. Rush chairman. Basically the guy who helps the prez make final decisions on who to bid, who to cut, who to keep around for potential initiation. But it's not as big a deal in non-IFC, e.g. non-"white" fraternities. Because bids are in low demand from those frats since they don't have the "fun", the popularity, the notoriety, the houses, the alumni network, the number of sororities/sorority girls, and the hype around campus that the IFC frats do.

pgardn
07-01-2017, 06:54 PM
No not furniture. Rush chairman. Basically the guy who helps the prez make final decisions on who to bid, who to cut, who to keep around for potential initiation. But it's not as big a deal in non-IFC, e.g. non-"white" fraternities. Because bids are in low demand from those frats since they don't have the "fun", the popularity, the notoriety, the houses, the alumni network, the number of sororities/sorority girls, and the hype around campus that the IFC frats do.

*Adjusts tie and clears throat*

My attempt at a bad joke Nacho.
I succeeded per usual.

But really, his name was Ithum?
Thats like that Spanish lisp they pull off in Barcelona.

thhhhhhh thhhhhhhh

UNT Eagles 2016
07-01-2017, 11:44 PM
*Adjusts tie and clears throat*

My attempt at a bad joke Nacho.
I succeeded per usual.

But really, his name was Ithum?
Thats like that Spanish lisp they pull off in Barcelona.

thhhhhhh thhhhhhhh
I don't exactly know how it was spelled, but when I asked he said like "eye" (pointed to his eye) "thumb" (put up the hitch hiker thumb signal). So to this day I'm not sure on the spelling.

He also had a huge hook nose like a jew, but he was brown skinned and said his family was Salvadorian and Colombian.

Mark Celibate
07-02-2017, 08:19 AM
I don't exactly know how it was spelled, but when I asked he said like "eye" (pointed to his eye) "thumb" (put up the hitch hiker thumb signal). So to this day I'm not sure on the spelling.

He also had a huge hook nose like a jew, but he was brown skinned and said his family was Salvadorian and Colombian.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d1/fd/7c/d1fd7c043009089d5a65fe2a8ceccc96.jpg

UNT Eagles 2016
07-02-2017, 02:23 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d1/fd/7c/d1fd7c043009089d5a65fe2a8ceccc96.jpg

Yes. Exactly that nose. Though he was lighter skinned than that. Like an average skinned hispanic dude with that nose.

Thebesteva
07-03-2017, 06:57 AM

Getting married? Sucks dude I'm sorry

UNT Eagles 2016
07-08-2017, 02:20 AM

having quality homecooked food ready every day when you get home ... sucks? Huh

Avante
07-08-2017, 06:13 AM

Yep, nothing like being 60 years old with no family.

Thebesteva
07-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Yep, nothing like being 60 years old with no family.

Yeah not a big big fan of kids tbh not everyone wants he same shit from life

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 02:07 AM

If you never have kids, if you then die at any point then your line and legacy is gone, lost forever. You're a failure of the human species in the most pure biological and practical sense. Basically you die a big fat zero.

pgardn
07-09-2017, 07:49 AM
If you never have kids, if you then die at any point then your line and legacy is gone, lost forever. You're a failure of the human species in the most pure biological and practical sense. Basically you die a big fat zero.

Yeah.

And when you procreate, in the most basic biological sense, your DNA gets diluted by half. And this would keep happening assuming your progeny procreated. Just keep diluting generation after generation (0.5)^y where y = number of generations. Very sad.

So go backwards in your family tree, pretending like you won't pass your genes on, and pick another branch... Either through your parents siblings or your own siblings that have had kids.

Then call me in the morning if you don't feel better.

Next step is we clone you. It won't be you as it will go through an entirely different set of environmental events imprinting a brand new neurological makeup and therefore sense of self. But we can discuss this in my office privately. And don't bring Avante. I don't have time dealing with cavemen.

pgardn
07-09-2017, 07:51 AM

Well said.

And in Avante's case we shudder to think anything like him might go forward.

Thebesteva
07-09-2017, 12:11 PM

dumbest shit I've ever heard. Getting tied down to one woman is a cuck thing to do

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 03:35 PM
dumbest shit I've ever heard. Getting tied down to one woman is a cuck thing to do

My post had absolutely nothing to do with monogamy, but you being a Laker fan are probably too stupid to understand that.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Yeah.

And when you procreate, in the most basic biological sense, your DNA gets diluted by half. And this would keep happening assuming your progeny procreated. Just keep diluting generation after generation (0.5)^y where y = number of generations. Very sad.

So go backwards in your family tree, pretending like you won't pass your genes on, and pick another branch... Either through your parents siblings or your own siblings that have had kids.

Then call me in the morning if you don't feel better.

Next step is we clone you. It won't be you as it will go through an entirely different set of environmental events imprinting a brand new neurological makeup and therefore sense of self. But we can discuss this in my office privately. And don't bring Avante. I don't have time dealing with cavemen.
so if you procreate with more women, the better chance you have of stretching your personal genes further?

Thebesteva
07-09-2017, 05:03 PM
My post had absolutely nothing to do with monogamy, but you being a Laker fan are probably too stupid to understand that.

Oh ok so have kids and cheat or just go through women? Great logic. Also lol at your legacy are gone forever. Yeah I'm sure when you die it matters so much your bloodline and name
livd on. Someone's watched one too many episodes of game of thrones. This isn't 800 bc, no one gives a fuck about your legacy of changing tires and oil at jiffy lube

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Oh ok so have kids and cheat or just go through women? Great logic. Also lol at your legacy are gone forever. Yeah I'm sure when you die it matters so much your bloodline and name
livd on. Someone's watched one too many episodes of game of thrones. This isn't 800 bc, no one gives a fuck about your legacy of changing tires and oil at jiffy lube
I'm gonna be a fuckin Millionaire bro. And a celeb. Just watch.

pgardn
07-09-2017, 07:20 PM
so if you procreate with more women, the better chance you have of stretching your personal genes further?

Of course.

And have more kids with each mom.

But the dilution factor remains the same down the line.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Of course.

And have more kids with each mom.

But the dilution factor remains the same down the line.
not if half the world are little you's and everyone ends up marrying their cousins and second cousins by necessity even if they don't know they are related

Thebesteva
07-09-2017, 07:31 PM

Even more of a reason to not have kids and enjoy life ��

pgardn
07-09-2017, 07:33 PM
not if half the world are little you's and everyone ends up marrying their cousins and second cousins by necessity even if they don't know they are related

There is an even easier way. Have children with your daughters, famous in Louisiana and Mississippi.
But please don't.

And no one person can be a little you, the best they can be is half a little you. Unless you want to be cloned. And then they really are not a little you in the deepest sense, just similar DNA wise. Go back in time and ask your mom to have a record number of identical "twins" from the same zygote, you being one of those.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 07:40 PM
There is an even easier way. Have children with your daughters, famous in Louisiana and Mississippi.
But please don't.

And no one person can be a little you, the best they can be is half a little you. Unless you want to be cloned. And then they really are not a little you in the deepest sense, just similar DNA wise. Go back in time and ask your mom to have a record number of identical "twins" from the same zygote, you being one of those.

Only if they're over 18, attractive, and I'm not married.

pgardn
07-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Only if they're over 18, attractive, and I'm not married.

So you really should not worry about it. This DNA thing. BTW I did not even mention crossing over and or random mutations that occur in the stem cells of your eventual sperm. It would really make the issue even more difficult.

So.... Just go merrily along your way, snatching an occasional meal at a Hispanic frat party or charity food pantry.

Mark Celibate
07-09-2017, 07:57 PM

but you're atheist so why does it even matter to you? Once you're gone, *poof* there is no afterlife

is that where this meme started? I've been seeing a lot of edgelords posting that line lately. Was wondering where it came from

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
but you're atheist so why does it even matter to you? Once you're gone, *poof* there is no afterlife

No afterlife but the people left on earth still remember you if you were memorable and your kids, grandkids etc carry on your legacy. No kids, no name recognition = you died a zero, a waste of carbon.

Mark Celibate
07-09-2017, 08:35 PM
No afterlife but the people left on earth still remember you if you were memorable and your kids, grandkids etc carry on your legacy. No kids, no name recognition = you died a zero, a waste of carbon.

rofl

so what? you'll be eaten by maggots before people have a chance to remember you when your grandkids "carry on your legacy"

You're also implying that anybody here on spurstalk will have a legacy to carry around. Being a middle class corporate desk jockey, even when making six figures, is not something anybody will remember down the road.

thunder
07-09-2017, 08:37 PM
You're also implying that anybody here on spurstalk will have a legacy to carry around. Being a middle class corporate desk jockey, even when making six figures, is not something anybody will remember down the road.
:wow Cold

UNT Eagles 2016
07-10-2017, 12:00 AM
Exactly. The corporate desk jockey, hell even most the fortune 500 CEOs won't really be household names 100 years down the line when they die.

So I'm going to do things that the media REALLY sensationalize.

benefactor
07-10-2017, 05:59 AM
Just post a thread with your location before you start shooting so I can avoid that area.

Mark Celibate
07-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Exactly. The corporate desk jockey, hell even most the fortune 500 CEOs won't really be household names 100 years down the line when they die.

That's my point. Unless you're a real game changer, you really won't be remembered at all. In three generations, you'll be completely forgotten. I can't even remember the last time any of my great grandparents' names were ever brought up in a conversation.

If you're still unemployed, I would say you actually have a better shot at being a game changer than the rest of us wage slaves. Just don't be like those 4chan NEETs who waste it all away making dumb threads glorifying their NEET life

UNT Eagles 2016
07-11-2017, 10:16 AM
That's my point. Unless you're a real game changer, you really won't be remembered at all. In three generations, you'll be completely forgotten. I can't even remember the last time any of my great grandparents' names were ever brought up in a conversation.

If you're still unemployed, I would say you actually have a better shot at being a game changer than the rest of us wage slaves. Just don't be like those 4chan NEETs who waste it all away making dumb threads glorifying their NEET life
Agree... many of today's big billionaires had rough patches without work etc. in their 20s. Instead of accepting a fate as another middle class nobody they took the opportunity for entrepreneurship and read the market perfectly and bingo.

And I thought it was LEET, not NEET?

Mark Celibate
07-11-2017, 03:27 PM
Agree... many of today's big billionaires had rough patches without work etc. in their 20s. Instead of accepting a fate as another middle class nobody they took the opportunity for entrepreneurship and read the market perfectly and bingo.

And I thought it was LEET, not NEET?

pretty much. a lot easier to motivate yourself when you're at the bottom then when you're sitting comfy with a steady paycheck

don't know what LEET is but NEET is just No Employment, Education, or Training. It's a meme I've only seen on 4chan tbh.

Darth_Pelican
07-11-2017, 03:52 PM

Yeah, because University of North Texas (ranked #553 out of 660 colleges on Forbes Top Colleges) graduates have a long history of becoming millionaires and celebrities.

https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/#tab:rank

UNT Eagles 2016
07-11-2017, 04:41 PM
pretty much. a lot easier to motivate yourself when you're at the bottom then when you're sitting comfy with a steady paycheck

don't know what LEET is but NEET is just No Employment, Education, or Training. It's a meme I've only seen on 4chan tbh.

i get that, when I was working at B of M, i was sleepy tired all the time and didn't have much motivation

Leet http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leet is basically the opposite of "noob". I thought it started on 4chan too but apparently not.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-11-2017, 04:44 PM
Yeah, because University of North Texas (ranked #553 out of 660 colleges on Forbes Top Colleges) graduates have a long history of becoming millionaires and celebrities.

https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/#tab:rank
Well I could have gone to UT Austin, but I've hated UT Austin passionately since I was a small kid for some reason. I don't know if it was the putrid burnt orange crap, the constant dicksucking of UT on KSAT 12, or the memory of waiting in the backseat averaging 3 mph going through Austin as a kid. But something always turned me off about UT.

USC vs UT '06, I was 12 almost 13 at the time and it was like choosing between being drowned and decapitated, kind of like the Warriors-Cavs crap.

Should have gone to A&M though. I chose UNT for one reason, because they awarded me the most grant money, easily more than the cost of attendance even for me to live in the best dorm the first year and have my own apartment the last two years. I wanted to graduate in the green without student debt or *having* to work, even though I chose to work eventually the last couple years.

Mark Celibate
07-11-2017, 06:38 PM
Well I could have gone to UT Austin, but I've hated UT Austin passionately since I was a small kid for some reason. I don't know if it was the putrid burnt orange crap, the constant dicksucking of UT on KSAT 12, or the memory of waiting in the backseat averaging 3 mph going through Austin as a kid. But something always turned me off about UT.

USC vs UT '06, I was 12 almost 13 at the time and it was like choosing between being drowned and decapitated, kind of like the Warriors-Cavs crap.

Should have gone to A&M though. I chose UNT for one reason, because they awarded me the most grant money, easily more than the cost of attendance even for me to live in the best dorm the first year and have my own apartment the last two years. I wanted to graduate in the green without student debt or *having* to work, even though I chose to work eventually the last couple years.

tbh I like Denton a lot, I have a couple of good friends who went to school at UNT. A lot of nice coffee shops with the exception of Big Mike's. If you like your coffee with a big spoonful of pretentiousness than Big Mike's is the place for you. The last time I went there, I made the mistake of interrupting the barista's conversation with a homeless looking guy who rolled his eyes when I placed my order. All the while, another barista was yelling at a customer for sitting down without ordering something. I shit you not.

Coffee was ok but the baristas were really childish. But if you ever go there, don't tell big Mike that because he's got it all figured out and you just don't get it

/rant

UNT Eagles 2016
07-11-2017, 06:52 PM
tbh I like Denton a lot, I have a couple of good friends who went to school at UNT. A lot of nice coffee shops with the exception of Big Mike's. If you like your coffee with a big spoonful of pretentiousness than Big Mike's is the place for you. The last time I went there, I made the mistake of interrupting the barista's conversation with a homeless looking guy who rolled his eyes when I placed my order. All the while, another barista was yelling at a customer for sitting down without ordering something. I shit you not.

Coffee was ok but the baristas were really childish. But if you ever go there, don't tell big Mike that because he's got it all figured out and you just don't get it

/rant
My Big Mike's experience?

I only went in there once, in March 2014, second semester of my first year there... it was to have a talk with a girl I had met the day before in the general academic building on the math floor after leaving tutoring during his office hour. We didn't get any coffee there or meet any baristas, we just sat down on the front couch there and talked about things for 3 hours. I ended up buying her a $5 brownie at the spot, that's all the business I've ever done there.

Her name was Allison... Allison N. H***... she was a pretty, classy, educated, fairly quiet tempered, Christian type of black girl... Medium thickness, straight hair, nice body all over... Hospitality major, had worked at Disneyland once summer. Obsessed with game of thrones. She said she liked me and was looking for serious and wanted a family and kids.

I didn't get a second date, though. Tried to reach out but the next week she said she felt intimidated by how deep I went during the first date but maybe we could be friends. I saw her one time a couple weeks later with her friend Jennifer, a fat Mexican girl from SA, and sat down with them. I mostly ended up getting to know Jennifer that time because Allison was extremely quiet around me by that point. Jennifer drove me back to my dorm that night

and I never saw Allison again until March 2016 when I found her working at the new Burger King on campus... she remembered me, wouldn't take my order, asked the manager to take my order instead. She apparently remembered my number and texted me that night something about she'd get the police involved if I tried to talk to her again. So I never ate at that Burger King again... oh well.

Mark Celibate
07-11-2017, 07:06 PM
My Big Mike's experience?

I only went in there once, in March 2014, second semester of my first year there... it was to have a talk with a girl I had met the day before in the general academic building on the math floor after leaving tutoring during his office hour. We didn't get any coffee there or meet any baristas, we just sat down on the front couch there and talked about things for 3 hours. I ended up buying her a $5 brownie at the spot, that's all the business I've ever done there.

Her name was Allison... Allison N. H***... she was a pretty, classy, educated, fairly quiet tempered, Christian type of black girl... Medium thickness, straight hair, nice body all over... Hospitality major, had worked at Disneyland once summer. Obsessed with game of thrones. She said she liked me and was looking for serious and wanted a family and kids.

I didn't get a second date, though. Tried to reach out but the next week she said she felt intimidated by how deep I went during the first date but maybe we could be friends. I saw her one time a couple weeks later with her friend Jennifer, a fat Mexican girl from SA, and sat down with them. I mostly ended up getting to know Jennifer that time because Allison was extremely quiet around me by that point. Jennifer drove me back to my dorm that night

and I never saw Allison again until March 2016 when I found her working at the new Burger King on campus... she remembered me, wouldn't take my order, asked the manager to take my order instead. She apparently remembered my number and texted me that night something about she'd get the police involved if I tried to talk to her again. So I never ate at that Burger King again... oh well.

Man, f that noise. The police can't do anything.

This same shit actually happened to me believe it or not back in college. An ex gf of mine got a job at a Whole Foods type place, right next to my apartment, where I had been shopping at for a long time. My roommate told me that she had worked there beforehand, but when I went in there next time she gave me a glare (which was weird since I broke up with her) as if I, for some reason, had planned this out even though this was what I did every week.

It was awkward but I just said F it and kept going since I wasn't about to drive somewhere further away because of one person. Eventually she just disappeared, I think she just quit roflroflrofl

UNT Eagles 2016
07-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Man, f that noise. The police can't do anything.

This same shit actually happened to me believe it or not back in college. An ex gf of mine got a job at a Whole Foods type place, right next to my apartment, where I had been shopping at for a long time. My roommate told me that she had worked there beforehand, but when I went in there next time she gave me a glare (which was weird since I broke up with her) as if I, for some reason, had planned this out even though this was what I did every week.

It was awkward but I just said F it and kept going since I wasn't about to drive somewhere further away because of one person. Eventually she just disappeared, I think she just quit roflroflrofl
Unfortunately I wasn't rich/spendy enough in college to shop at whole foods (not even one in denton) or eat at the relatively expensive places to eat around there like the bowllery (popular among hippies), sushi cafe, jimmy john's, krispy krunchy (but that came near the end of my stay there) or any of the various overpriced places at the denton square like LSA burger (ate there once... $9 a pop before tip). Once I ate at an American themed place on the square called Cartwright's that sold a half slice of toast and butter for $2.95, I'm not joking.

My mainstays while at UNT were...

fall 2013: dorm halls (full meal plan... food was edible to good), Czen Taste of Korea (only in August/September 2013; now "The Taste"), Eagle Stop Tacos (only in Aug/Sep 2013 as well; now "Tres Aguilas"), Sweetwater near the square on a few cool weekends (defunct February 2014; they had cheapish fried oysters), the McDonald's by campus and I-35 (got torn down in late 2014 due to I-35 construction). Ate at Sukho Thai (now defunct) north of campus once my first week there, not impressed. Not impressed by Oriental Express Chinese Fast Food either, though it has been popular enough to survive. Ate at IHOP a couple times and Bawarchi Indian buffet a couple times that semester, but Bawarchi is pricier and inferior to Rasoi, the gas station Indian $8.99 buffet that finally got a new store in mid 2016.

spring 2014: dorm halls (still had the full meal plan... food was edible to decent, the central Bruce Hall was a shade worse on taste despite the physical expansion of the dining area), Chicken Express quite often, McDonald's (the semester before it shut down), Pita Pit (but that's overpriced and mediocre), Hoochie's Oyster Grill a few Saturdays (at their old location by the train station)... I was more frugal in the spring than in the fall. Ate at Pancho's tex mex buffet whenever I got a respiratory cold, which was quite a bit that semester... just because it was cheap and offered a lot of spicy food.

fall 2014: dorm halls 8 meals a week (and you had to eat exactly 8 on my new commuter meal plan, or else you waste your money... the meals don't carry over... food was edible to average though, definitely a large step down from the 2013-14 schoolyear), Rasoi Indian Buffet, Hoochie's a few Saturdays (new location near the square) I felt like splurging. Pancho's when I got sick which was only once at the beginning of the semester. Riprock's only to watch football, not eat or drink.

spring 2015: The Arby's a little ways north of campus (walked), Seoul Chicken (now defunct because everyone only ate their overpriced wings when they were 50 cents each at Happy Hour), Rasoi, Hoochie's a couple times, took the bus to the Olive Garden a few times and only got the $5.40 unlimited soup and sticks, no tip. Very seldom the dorm halls paid out of pocket (no meal plan... mediocre food wasn't worth it). McDonald's was long gone by now.

summer 2015: Only summer spent on campus. Arby's, Rasoi, candy from Dollar General (not a typo), bussed to Olive Garden a few times for the soup, Tried the falafel place Jasmine's by Arby's once but it was mediocre.

fall 2015: Arby's, Rasoi, Hoochie's a few weekend days, Olive Garden a few times (took the bus), dorm halls very seldomly except for West Wednesday $5 unlimited fried chicken/sides/drinks, Chicken Express on some $5 chicken strip combo monday afternoons, And this girl Danielle's pussy.

spring 2016: same as the last semester except for Hoochie's, OG and the Danielle part. I got extremely frugal that semester.

Generally, I was EXTREMELY frugal after my freshmore year (freshman fall 2013/sophomore spring 2014) and there were a LOT of days I didn't eat all day, and I actually paid for food less than half of all the days probably. Either I'd score free food from somewhere (it was abundant across a generally liberal campus), score some pizza or chicken out of the garbage left behind by a student organization, help someone with their homework and they'd buy me food, or go hungry. I'd make sure to take advantage of IFC rush week to pretend to rush all the fraternities I could and find out which rush events included food so I could get free food.

I didn't really go to the IHOP for the most part and avoided the two Subways like the plague ($7.75 for a sandwich, are you kidding me?) Also didn't spend a dime at the bars on Fry Street or any other bar for that matter throughout my time in college. I went to house parties for the pizza and women, not drugs or alcohol. I went to bars to watch football and playoff basketball. Keep in mind that I didn't have a car until the month after I graduated college in May 2016.