PDA

View Full Version : Spurs need to get with times

TD 21
06-28-2017, 03:29 PM
Their precious "culture" and antiquated roster/style cost them not only Paul, but will cost them any available superstar or star in the future. They're already up against it in a non destination city and this militaristic, holier than though, we don't play the behind the scenes schmooze fest game, only exacerbates matters. Leonard and Pop, in particular, better start playing it, or they can watch more teams pass them by, while clinging to hopes that Murray turns into a star and they can attract some unicorn down the line.

It's also the latest indication that, as much as most everyone claims to respect them, they don't really want to play for them. They got Aldridge, a second tier star, out of circumstance and even then, he had to be talked out of the irrelevant Suns. They had a greater need for Paul and just closed out Rockets sans Leonard and Parker and he still choose them. That speaks volumes.

soxxx
06-28-2017, 03:30 PM
Spurs fans are to spoiled.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-28-2017, 03:31 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/848/765/368.jpg

Hoops Czar
06-28-2017, 03:31 PM
Mods, can we get a sticky please?

Russ
06-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Spurs "got with the times" two years ago.

They signed Aldridge.

sananspursfan21
06-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Spurs fans are too spoiled.

Grammar police gotcha covered :toast

cjw
06-28-2017, 03:34 PM
Can you explain to me how this "cost them Paul"? They were obviously his second choice based on several reports today - which means he had them ranked ahead of a bunch of other teams. The Spurs got an interview with Durant last summer.

Seriously, you're all acting like we LOST an incumbent star. Imagine being a Thunder fan, a Clippers fan, etc. Heck, the Lakers had Dwight walk years ago.

Everyone shut up and wait until FA shakes out, then come complain if things look dire. Spurs have a top 5 player in the league without question, and probably a top 3.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 03:35 PM
Can you explain to me how this "cost them Paul"? They were obviously his second choice based on several reports today - which means he had them ranked ahead of a bunch of other teams. The Spurs got an interview with Durant last summer.

Seriously, you're all acting like we LOST an incumbent star. Imagine being a Thunder fan, a Clippers fan, etc. Heck, the Lakers had Dwight walk years ago.

Everyone shut up and wait until FA shakes out, then come complain if things look dire. Spurs have a top 5 player in the league without question, and probably a top 3.
:lol He's clearly the second best player in the league, tbh.

Chinook
Morey is making moves now to put HOU above SA on paper. Even so, I have almost complete confidence that the Spurs will be the better team. I have my problems with Pop and even Kawhi, but I don't think they did anything wrong here.

tbdog
The precious culture has given us twenty 50 wins seasons, 5 titles, lengthy playoffs runs. Too many teams get short sighted and go all in. Twolves went all in with Cassel and spreewell and have looked awful since. Jazz have slowly rebuilt since Derrick Williams prime days and are about to lose their star. Lakers went all in on Dwight and Nash and have not got close to the playoffs since. And the Nets are behind for the next 5 years.

TimDunkem
Morey is making moves now to put HOU above SA on paper. Even so, I have almost complete confidence that the Spurs will be the better team. I have my problems with Pop and even Kawhi, but I don't think they did anything wrong here.
CP3 and Harden are going to eat our young guards and slow-footed bigs alive.

Nathan89
06-28-2017, 03:37 PM
Rockets probably wanted him more than the Spurs did tbh. They love a big splashy move. Hasn't worked for them yet.

benefactor
06-28-2017, 03:38 PM
Been waiting for your cutting yourself thread

Was not disappointed

Ditty
Yeah the second best team in the league needs to get with the times, I agree!

Aggie Hoopsfan
Death, taxes, and Spurs fans whining on Spurtalk when the Spurs don't air all their offseason plans with ESPN/Twitter before July 1 even gets here.

Best thing everyone could do is log off and spend time with your family, friends, go buy a dog, something, until July 1.

Bunch of titty babies around here.

Chinook
06-28-2017, 03:39 PM
CP3 and Harden are going to eat our young guards and slow-footed bigs alive.

Not worried about that. CP3 will have to be completely different player to make this difficult. With Kawhi, Green and even Simmons on the wing, they have the horses. And Murray being 6-5 means he can guard Ariza everywhere but in the post. Plus, D'Antoni.

MaNu4Tres
06-28-2017, 03:40 PM
Their precious "culture" and antiquated roster/style cost them not only Paul, but will cost them any available superstar or star in the future. They're already up against it in a non destination city and this militaristic, holier than though, we don't play the behind the scenes schmooze fest game, only exacerbates matters. Leonard and Pop, in particular, better start playing it, or they can watch more teams pass them by, while clinging to hopes that Murray turns into a star and they can attract some unicorn down the line.

It's also the latest indication that, as much as most everyone claims to respect them, they don't really want to play for them. They got Aldridge, a second tier star, out of circumstance and even then, he had to be talked out of the irrelevant Suns. They had a greater need for Paul and just closed out Rockets sans Leonard and Parker and he still choose them. That speaks volumes.

There's more to it. IMO

CP3 knows Melo likely going to HOU too. That played a big part in the decision. He's close w/ Melo.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 03:40 PM
Not worried about that. CP3 will have to be completely different player to make this difficult. With Kawhi, Green and even Simmons on the wing, they have the horses. And Murray being 6-5 means he can guard Ariza everywhere but in the post. Plus, D'Antoni.
Once again, I love your optimism, but Danny is declining and we still don't know what happens with Simmons. Murray is great, but asking him to shut anyone down right now is asking a lot.

Easy buckets and assists for CP3 and Harden are incoming...

Hoops Czar
06-28-2017, 03:42 PM

The media hype machine bagged another. :lol CP3 jumped ship so fast to Houston, he didn't even wait around to hear what the Spurs had to say. Second choice? He literally told the Clippers he was signing with Rockets immediately after Clippers declined the 5th year of his mx deal.

Chinook
06-28-2017, 03:43 PM
Once again, I love your optimism, but Danny is declining and we still don't know what happens with Simmons. Murray is great, but asking him to shut anyone down right now is asking a lot.

Danny is declining, but so is Paul. We don't even know if he'll make it to the playoffs the way his body is going. Murray is not likely to shut anyone down, but he's big enough to contest Ariza's shots. I agree about the bigs if Gasol comes back. They need a defensive big pretty badly.

Play Boban

:cry

Keepin' it real
B-b-but loyalty and the Spurs way ...

Jdspur20
06-28-2017, 03:44 PM
It's not even July 1st yet. Relax.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 03:45 PM
Danny is declining, but so is Paul. We don't even know if he'll make it to the playoffs the way his body is going. Murray is not likely to shut anyone down, but he's big enough to contest Ariza's shots. I agree about the bigs if Gasol comes back. They need a defensive big pretty badly.
Paul will still eat anyone not named Kawhi on this team alive. If Simmons comes back, I like our chances, but things don't look good if Pau does indeed come back - and I think he will.

Hoops Czar
06-28-2017, 03:46 PM
There's more to it. IMO

CP3 knows Melo likely going to HOU too. That played a big part in the decision. He's close w/ Melo.

There's no way CP3 could know this. I'm having a hard time believing that it's a fact that Melo will be bought out by New York after Phil's firing. PG on the other hand....

MaNu4Tres
06-28-2017, 03:47 PM
There's no way CP3 could know this. I'm having a hard time believing that it's a fact that Melo will be bought out by New York after Phil's firing. PG on the other hand....

Sure there is. Just like CP3 knew he was going to Houston 2 weeks ago. There's a third "star" going to HOU, Melo or PG. Only way it makes sense choosing HOU over SA.

John B
06-28-2017, 03:49 PM

Totally agree. I'm afraid Melo follows CP3, then LeBron next year. Yikes. I'm just hoping that Spurs stay competitive to lure Anthony Davis. I'm really hoping he gets frustrated losing with Cousins and either one of them demands trade or walk the following year. In the meantime Aldridge can try to build his stock back. He has no choice if he wanted to get paid the next contract.

TD 21
06-28-2017, 03:49 PM

I just did. This league has devolved into a caricature of high-school. Even though Leonard is a top 3 player, he's not part of the "in crowd", he has little to no relationship with the majority who are and damn sure doesn't hold sway with them. You've got to play the game within' the game to have a chance at players of this caliber. Having a modern roster would help too. Antiquated bigs like Aldridge and Gasol have no appeal to superstar and star perimeter players.

Spurs got a token, pseudo respect interview with Durant; he was never considering them.

"We" lost our only chance to have a shot at a championship anytime soon. I like Hill, but he's not changing their now 2nd round ceiling and there is no game changing free agent on the horizon anytime soon (at least of which they'd have the balls to take a risk on) nor do they have the assets to trade for the next out one who wants out . . . so they're stuck.

Dex
06-28-2017, 03:52 PM
Three years removed from a title and still riding the tailwinds of one of the best runs in NBA history.

Being a Spurs fan is so fucking hard. :rolleyes

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 03:52 PM
I just did. This league has devolved into a caricature of high-school. Even though Leonard is a top 3 player, he's not part of the in crowd. He has little to no relationship with the majority who are and damn sure doesn't hold sway with them. You've got to play the game within' the game to have a chance at players of this caliber. Having a modern roster would help too. Antiquated bigs like Aldridge and Gasol have no appeal to superstar and star perimeter players.

Spurs got a token, pseudo respect interview with Durant; he was never considering them.

"We" lost our only chance to have a shot at a championship anytime soon. I like Hill, but he's not changing their now 2nd round ceiling and there is no game changing free agent on the horizon anytime soon (at least of which they'd have the balls to take a risk on) nor do they have the assets to trade for the next out one who wants out . . . so they're stuck.
They certainly do look stuck right now if they can't make any win now moves. Guess the best we can hope for is Murray, Fathead, Fathead Jr, Forbes becoming stars, and TP coming back "better than ever". :lol

SuperCam
06-28-2017, 03:57 PM
astute posters have been saying this for several years now, tbh. this ain't the NFL, respectable black american stars will not stand being buggy whipped by arrogant white coaches or executives anymore. thanks to LeKing the players realized the leverage they have over these organizations who do not compensate the elite echelon talent with market value. mild mannered star talents with non-confrontational tendencies like kiwi are extremely rare and you can't rely on drafting them anymore. with the climate these days Tim would have left for Orlando in free agency

spursistan
06-28-2017, 03:57 PM
Lol just opened a thread on roughly the same topic ..Didn't see TD21 has already beat me to it :lol....

As much as I hate to admit it, the new executive game in this league has seemingly passed PATFO by..

SuperCam
06-28-2017, 04:00 PM
spurfan laughs at Draymond for begging even though it has already paid off with a ring and probably will another two times. :lol

spurfan has to pretend it's a bad thing since Kiwi will not talk to other players tbh

TD 21
06-28-2017, 04:02 PM
Three years removed from a title and still riding the tailwinds of one of the best runs in NBA history.

:cry We've won lots, so we should be content with fools gold regular seasons now. Who cares if we had a top 3 team and have a top 3 player? A loser mentality, if I ever saw one.

gambit1990
06-28-2017, 04:05 PM
spurs are in trouble.

what few teams that would take la have the leverage. and the spurs can't let go of parker. it's a mess.

bklynspursfan
06-28-2017, 04:07 PM

Plus a WCF appearance last year, with a roster no one believed in, and it took a Kawhi injury to knock us out.

It's silly man

HarlemHeat37
06-28-2017, 04:09 PM
It's certainly true, as we've been discussing..

Old people don't like hearing it, but this is the new wave in the NBA..you need to network, nowadays, personal connections matter..sometimes you need to suck a little dick to attract FAs, tbh..

Competing teams either have popular players attracting their peers, or in the Warriors case, both popular players and a front office that is light years ahead of their competition..

The league can pass you by before you even realize it..look at the pathetic Lakers..

gambit1990
06-28-2017, 04:12 PM
reports were that the spurs weren't that interested because they already have an aging PG... chris paul didn't sign with the rockets because kawhi isn't social.

Joseph Kony
06-28-2017, 04:14 PM
spurs have done fairly well in recent years in the offseasons with limited ability to make moves....they always manage to pull some pieces together and make it work, give some time for the FA period to play out at least for fuck's sake

Dex
06-28-2017, 04:15 PM
:cry We've won lots, so we should be content with fools gold regular seasons now. Who cares if we had a top 3 team and have a top 3 player? A loser mentality, if I ever saw one.

I like you TD 21, my man, but I'll trust Pop and the front office and their "antiquated" process before a bunch of armchair coaches and GMs on the internet. It's brought proven results. Only one team has won as many titles as the Spurs in the last 20 years, and they had prime Kobe Bryant being carried by dominant big men.

If you really think that they are content with just pissing into the wind during Kawhi's tenure, maybe you are the one who needs to re-evaluate their approach.

I could see a post like this on a Philly forum or, hell, even a Miami forum...but fans from literally every team in the league would be rolling their eyes if they saw you crying into your beer like this.

Pavlov
06-28-2017, 04:15 PM
Spurs fans meltdown most entertaining. They want to suck dick now.

skulls138
06-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Morey is making moves now to put HOU above SA on paper. Even so, I have almost complete confidence that the Spurs will be the better team. I have my problems with Pop and even Kawhi, but I don't think they did anything wrong here.Problems with Kawhi?? For what? He does everything. He plays on the ball, off the ball, D, rebounds, shoots 3s, passes, drives, posts up, clutch. What is missing?

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 04:23 PM
Problems with Kawhi?? For what? He does everything. He plays on the ball, off the ball, D, rebounds, shoots 3s, passes, drives, posts up, clutch. What is missing?
He should make friends so he can compete for a title.

south side spur
06-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Getting with the times is paying $30 million + to a 32 year old who has never been to the conference finals and gets hurt because of his coach's relationship with his son?

They're already dealing with one mental midget who has compromised the Spurs culture the last thing this organization needs is another head case.

gambit1990
06-28-2017, 04:27 PM
I'll trust Pop and the front office and their "antiquated" process before a bunch of armchair coaches and GMs on the internet.
what moves can the spurs even make to stay relevant?

resign gasol, manu, spend money on simmons?

how do you fill out the rest of the frontcourt?

how do you address the PG situation?

spurs trading green instead of parker is about as backwards as it gets and it seems more likely that that would happen than tony getting the boot.

TD 21
06-28-2017, 04:28 PM
I like you TD 21, my man, but I'll trust Pop and the front office and their "antiquated" process before a bunch of armchair coaches and GMs on the internet. It's brought proven results. Only one team has won as many titles as the Spurs in the last 20 years, and they had prime Kobe Bryant being carried by dominant big men.

If you really think that they are content with just pissing into the wind during Kawhi's tenure, maybe you are the one who needs to re-evaluate their approach.

I could see a post like this on a Philly forum or, hell, even a Miami forum...but fans from literally every team in the league would be rolling their eyes if they saw you crying into your beer like this.

It's not opinion; it's fact, that the league has changed. I don't like it anymore than most, but it's the reality. So they can either get with the times or continue to fall further behind.

I didn't say they were content, but that's not enough and neither is their culture, past, superstar or coach/co-GM.

Teams like those have been irrelevant though, which immediately disqualifies them from having a chance at marquee free agents. Spurs should be different.

Dex
06-28-2017, 04:32 PM

spurs trading green instead of parker is about as backwards as it gets and it seems more likely that that would happen than tony getting the boot.

Well it's a good thing free agency starts in 3 days so that we can get some answers to those questions.

As for the Parker situation...it is what it is. The Spurs have always been loyal to players who have been loyal to them, and that's why the are highly regarded around the league.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 04:33 PM
It's not opinion; it's fact, that the league has changed. I don't like it anymore than most, but it's the reality. So they can either get with the times or continue to fall further behind.

I didn't say they were content, but that's not enough and neither is their culture, past, superstar or coach/co-GM.

Teams like those have been irrelevant though, which immediately disqualifies them from having a chance at marquee free agents. Spurs should be different.
Yep. Doing nothing or doing little means they are pissing away Kawhi's prime. Sucks to say, but it's true. The team as it is currently constructed had it's last chance last season. Instead, Kawhi went down, TP went down, Manu got another year older, Softus showed his true colors, and now we're here.

Something needs to be done or we're back to the 2000-2002 Spurs - One world class player, and a bunch of scrubs with a second round ceiling.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-28-2017, 04:34 PM

Everyone should log off until July 5. If nothing has happened by then, feel free to panic. The Spurs aren't airing their free agency plans before July 1. Not sure why this is so hard for everyone.

gambit1990
06-28-2017, 04:34 PM
The Spurs have always been loyal to players who have been loyal to them, and that's why the are highly regarded around the league.
too bad the spurs can't be as loyal to parker as parker was to brent barry.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 04:36 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Robin-Lopez-Suns-Bench-Shock-Reaction.gif

gambit1990
06-28-2017, 04:44 PM
Everyone should log off until July 5. If nothing has happened by then, feel free to panic. The Spurs aren't airing their free agency plans before July 1. Not sure why this is so hard for everyone.
given who the spurs are, they don't have really have a lot options though.

it's likely they'll resign gasol, manu... maybe they move la + green... it won't be for a player nearly as good as cp3.

barbacoataco
06-28-2017, 04:46 PM
Chris Paul is a lot like Aldridge in that they never have had playoff success even when playing with talent around them. People forget that Paul is a terrible defender who is only getting older and less athletic. He's also a lot like Harden and Westbrook; in the last 2 minutes they lose all composure and throw up one desperate 3-pt with a hand in the face.
Not at all disappointed that he's not coming to Spurs. Very annoying player to me.

cjw
06-28-2017, 04:46 PM
I just did. This league has devolved into a caricature of high-school. Even though Leonard is a top 3 player, he's not part of the "in crowd", he has little to no relationship with the majority who are and damn sure doesn't hold sway with them. You've got to play the game within' the game to have a chance at players of this caliber. Having a modern roster would help too. Antiquated bigs like Aldridge and Gasol have no appeal to superstar and star perimeter players.

Yeah, because being part of the in crowd in H.S. determines your success in life.

The Spurs won 61 games last year with this roster. You're reacting like they won 41. Plenty of people would love to play here - it's just that the Spurs don't want them at their market value.

RD2191
06-28-2017, 04:48 PM
Chris Paul is a lot like Aldridge in that they never have had playoff success even when playing with talent around them. People forget that Paul is a terrible defender who is only getting older and less athletic. He's also a lot like Harden and Westbrook; in the last 2 minutes they lose all composure and throw up one desperate 3-pt with a hand in the face.
Not at all disappointed that he's not coming to Spurs. Very annoying player to me.

Terrible defender? What?:lol

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 04:48 PM
The Spurs won 61 games last year with this roster. .
Last year was that roster's last chance.

gambit1990
06-28-2017, 04:49 PM
Plenty of people would love to play here
yeah, people like lamarcus aldridge and pau gasol after he said no the first time.

Hoops Czar
06-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Yeah, because being part of the in crowd in H.S. determines your success in life.

The Spurs won 61 games last year with this roster. You're reacting like they won 41. Plenty of people would love to play here - it's just that the Spurs don't want them at their market value.

What's the difference if the Spurs win 61 or 41? The end re3sult is the same sans some random record 50 win streak that nobody really cares about anyways.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 04:52 PM
pau gasol after he said no the first time.
No shit. Pau fucking Gasol - the prototypical "Spur" - spurned us for Derrick fucking Rose, Jimmy Butler, and Joakim Noah. :lol

Hoops Czar
06-28-2017, 04:52 PM
yeah, people like lamarcus aldridge and pau gasol after he said no the first time.

I think he's talking about players like David West, Jeff Ayres and old as fuck Gasol.

TD 21
06-28-2017, 04:54 PM

:lmao "Plan"? You people don't get it; there's nothing they can do now to get into contention. It doesn't matter what they do and it's highly unlikely to be anything shocking anyway since they're a narrow minded, predictable organization.

The master "plan" is probably hope to get Hill on a reasonable contract, keep Aldridge because best offers likely don't help them win now and pretend to be contenders next season. Then, after fools gold regular season and inevitable 2nd round exit, lose Aldridge for nothing, either make Green whole for '15 discount or do same and then have cap space for . . . wait for it . . . Bradley, Thomas (probably re-signs and like Cousins, unlikely either side would have interest), W. Chandler, Jordan, Lopez, Monroe, Cousins, Covington, Favors.

In the '17 NBA, it does.

Spurs pulled a ton of games out of their ass and were a fools gold one (super)star team, which doesn't cut it, in terms of contending for the championship, in '17. I'm acting like they were on the precipice of possible contention again and blew their shot. Plenty of irrelevant players would like to play here; game changers don't.

Hoops Czar
06-28-2017, 04:55 PM
No shit. Pau fucking Gasol - the prototypical "Spur" - spurned us for Derrick fucking Rose, Jimmy Butler, and Joakim Noah. :lol

And substantially more money. The Spurs are just a bargaining chip agents use so they can ramp up the asking price of said FA's.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 04:56 PM
Spurs look stuck for the foreseeable future if they don't somehow acquire game changers.

What a way to spend Kawhi's prime years.

Spur|n|Austin
06-28-2017, 04:57 PM

cjw
06-28-2017, 05:00 PM

In what other years did they have cap room to even pursue a max guy? Pau said no the first time because the Bulls overpaid him.

What's the difference if the Spurs win 61 or 41? The end re3sult is the same sans some random record 50 win streak that nobody really cares about anyways.

A 61 win team is a finals contender. Name the last 41 win team that made the finals.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-28-2017, 05:01 PM
:lmao "Plan"? You people don't get it; there's nothing they can do now to get into contention. It doesn't matter what they do and it's highly unlikely to be anything shocking anyway since they're a narrow minded, predictable organization.

The master "plan" is probably hope to get Hill on a reasonable contract, keep Aldridge because best offers likely don't help them win now and pretend to be contenders next season. Then, after fools gold regular season and inevitable 2nd round exit, lose Aldridge for nothing, either make Green whole for '15 discount or do same and then have cap space for . . . wait for it . . . Bradley, Thomas (probably re-signs and like Cousins, unlikely either side would have interest), W. Chandler, Jordan, Lopez, Monroe, Cousins, Covington, Favors.

In the '17 NBA, it does.

Spurs pulled a ton of games out of their ass and were a fools gold one (super)star team, which doesn't cut it, in terms of contending for the championship, in '17. I'm acting like they were on the precipice of possible contention again and blew their shot. Plenty of irrelevant players would like to play here; game changers don't.

Disagree, we couldve easily had the one seed but we gave away lots of regular season games. If there was ever a fools gold Spurs team it wasnt last year. That team had the chops to win a title and had the train derailed by the Zaza cheapshot. Shit happens.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-28-2017, 05:02 PM
Spurs look stuck for the foreseeable future if they don't somehow acquire game changers.

What a way to spend Kawhi's prime years.

Kawhi will just have to step his game up to another level. He is surely capable.

Robz4000
06-28-2017, 05:03 PM

This tbh.

MannyIsGod
06-28-2017, 05:05 PM
Spurs fans are the fucking worst. You're one year removed from Duncan retiring and you just came off a season where you reached the WCF. The Spurs don't need to do shit other than what they've been doing. Literally had one down season (which then got them Duncan) in the past 3 decades and people here still acting like the FO is letting them down before anything has even happened. The Spurs could stand pat and I'd STILL pick them to get to the WCF and lose to GS before losing to this current Rockets team.

That changes if they get PG or Melo, but at least give the front office a chance to do something before acting like little bitches.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 05:06 PM
Kawhi will just have to step his game up to another level. He is surely capable.
He'll have to reach LeBron levels, imo. He will literally have to carry the team on his back..

Oh wait. He already did that last year. :lol

I love Kawhi and think he's capable of being the best player on the planet, but he can't do it alone.

MannyIsGod
06-28-2017, 05:08 PM
He'll have to reach LeBron levels, imo. He will literally have to carry the team on his back..

I love Kawhi and think he's capable of being the best player on the planet, but he can't do it alone.

CQI0E1WCLMU

Hoops Czar
06-28-2017, 05:09 PM
A 61 win team is a finals contender. Name the last 41 win team that made the finals.

A 61 win team in a watered down league. They weren't contenders to the Warriors. Don't let game one of the WCF's fool you into thinking that one man wrecking crew was going to beat the Warriors all by himself in a 7 game series. The Warriors would have made adjustments and taken the series in 6 max. People keep looking at the Warriors struggles and think it was all Kawhi and not the fact that they were rusty from a 6 day layoff.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 05:10 PM
Didn't know you were a Winnie the Pooh fan, Manny.

GSH
06-28-2017, 05:10 PM
http://mondaymondaynetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/467285161.jpg

gambit1990
06-28-2017, 05:11 PM
In what other years did they have cap room to even pursue a max guy?
that's beside the point. you said plenty of people would love to play here.

and yeah, maybe they would... after they've spent their primes with a different team and now they're older... lma, west, gasol... biggest splashes we've made in free agency in years.

cd98
06-28-2017, 05:11 PM
Spurs fans are the fucking worst. You're one year removed from Duncan retiring and you just came off a season where you reached the WCF. The Spurs don't need to do shit other than what they've been doing. Literally had one down season (which then got them Duncan) in the past 3 decades and people here still acting like the FO is letting them down before anything has even happened. The Spurs could stand pat and I'd STILL pick them to get to the WCF and lose to GS before losing to this current Rockets team.

That changes if they get PG or Melo, but at least give the front office a chance to do something before acting like little bitches.

This. Gutting to get Paul was always uncomfortable and a long shot. And the two teams that beat us in the last three years have been mortally wounded by losing essential stars. Yes, Houston upgraded, but last I checked, Pringles was still in charge down there in that swamp. Why are Spurs fans fretting a team led by Pringles?

Snaq O'Meal
06-28-2017, 05:12 PM
He should make friends so he can compete for a title.

Kawhi does have friends or guys who openly admire him for his talent. Like Boogie, whom he was hanging out with during the All Star games. But I doubt PATFO will want Boogie, not after his "fuck Golden State" comment in public. Poop touches himself at the thought of the Warriors.

cjw
06-28-2017, 05:14 PM
A 61 win team in a watered down league. They weren't contenders to the Warriors. Don't let game one of the WCF's fool you into thinking that one man wrecking crew was going to beat the Warriors all by himself in a 7 game series. The Warriors would have made adjustments and taken the series in 6 max. People keep looking at the Warriors struggles and think it was all Kawhi and not the fact that they were rusty from a 6 day layoff.

In a normal year, it's a contender. With last year's and the upcoming Warriors, it's a bit different.

sasaint
06-28-2017, 05:15 PM
Rockets probably wanted him more than the Spurs did tbh. They love a big splashy move. Hasn't worked for them yet.

:tu

cjw
06-28-2017, 05:16 PM
that's beside the point. you said plenty of people would love to play here.

and yeah, maybe then would... after they've spent their primes with a different team and now they're older... lma, west, gasol... biggest splashes we've made in free agency in years.

Umm, players are generally under control of their original team for 4 years (rookie deal) plus 4-5 years (first contract). So they're going to spend their primes with their original teams before truly hitting FA.

Did they not get a meeting with Durant when the Knicks and others didn't? I know finishing second is the first loser, but could be in a much worse predicament.

bic50
06-28-2017, 05:20 PM
Disagree

DPG21920
06-28-2017, 05:21 PM
Man, SA is very close to having a ton of flexibility to build as they see fit. Let it happen. Plus seems like no one is counting on any internal growth which is crazy with a talent like Murray on board.

skulls138
06-28-2017, 05:30 PM
He should make friends so he can compete for a title.Lamarcus Aldridge should play worth his salary....and give back Bowens number too.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 05:31 PM
Lamarcus Aldridge should play worth his salary....and give back Bowens number too.
I don't disagree. :lol

benefactor
06-28-2017, 05:38 PM
Man, SA is very close to having a ton of flexibility to build as they see fit. Let it happen. Plus seems like no one is counting on any internal growth which is crazy with a talent like Murray on board.
Yeah...this offseason feels like they are looking a year ahead.

Hoops Czar
06-28-2017, 05:48 PM
Lamarcus Aldridge should play worth his salary....and give back Bowens number too.

The Aldridge signing was the equivalent of the Spurs FO trying to shove a square peg into a round hole. Don't think that just because a player is considered an All-Star in this league, you can change his stripes. Any team that invest in a player of that caliber better be ready to adapt their system to fit that players needs. Instead, the Spurs tried adapt the player into their system and it backfired spectacularly. See Kevin Love and Dwight Howard after he left Orlando. Not such a rosy picture when you're fully developed and you leave the only system you've ever known. If the Spurs want to implement players into their system, they have to go after guys who have a specific skills set and younger players who have yet to be molded. The Aldridge signing was a marriage of convenience and anyone who tells you differently is lying or in fact LaMarcus Aldridge.

cd98
06-28-2017, 05:51 PM

You're right on internal growth. But I think that's a 3 year learning curve for young guys and at least 2 for guys 22+ years old that have European experience or 4 years of college unless the player is Duncan/LeBron good.

cjw
06-28-2017, 05:53 PM

Not to mention cap space is drying up and the cap has stopped going up. Spurs might be playing chess while everyone else - save the Warriors and maybe Rockets, Boston, Minnesota and Philly - is too dumb to play checkers.

But I guess there's nobody worth signing in FA next year and it's a foregone conclusion that they'll do nothing this year, so I'm gonna go jump off a bridge.

noles1983
06-28-2017, 05:55 PM
All these high profile trades across the league and we get stuck with a loyalty TP contract. Fuck I wish this organization would grow some balls and cut bait with players after they outlast their usefulness.

TheGreatYacht
06-28-2017, 06:01 PM
Warriors = Durant, Curry, Thompson, Green

Cavs = Lebron, Irving, Love

Rockets = Harden, CP3, shooters

Wolves = Towns, Butler, Wiggins

Sixers = Embiid, Fultz, Simmons, Saric, etc

Celtics = Thomas, Horford, (soon to be Hayward or Griffin)

Spurs = Kawhi, White, Fathead, Blossomgame, Green, Forbes, Murray, Post-Tendon Parker

RC Buford better get on his knees tonight and pray to the stars that Kawhi stays loyal despite the shitty roster he built around him. Son of a bitch is wasting his prime. In before homers come at me and bring up the record ALL THANKS TO KAWHI

apalisoc_9
06-28-2017, 06:15 PM

Spurs = Kawhi, White, Fathead, Blossomgame, Green, Forbes, Murray, Post-Tendon Parker

RC Buford better get on his knees tonight and pray to the stars that Kawhi stays loyal despite the shitty roster he built around him. Son of a bitch is wasting his prime. In before homers come at me and bring up the record ALL THANKS TO KAWHI

Preach

HarlemHeat37
06-28-2017, 06:17 PM
In all fairness, while it might help if Kawhi was more social and the front office was more proactive, this is still San Antonio, at the end of the day, and Spurs fans need to accept it, tbh..

Younger superstars aren't going to SA, the only chance they have is through the draft, as they have done for 25 years..

TD 21
06-28-2017, 06:19 PM
Not to mention cap space is drying up and the cap has stopped going up. Spurs might be playing chess while everyone else - save the Warriors and maybe Rockets, Boston, Minnesota and Philly - is too dumb to play checkers.

But I guess there's nobody worth signing in FA next year and it's a foregone conclusion that they'll do nothing this year, so I'm gonna go jump off a bridge.

have cap space for . . . wait for it . . . Bradley, Thomas (probably re-signs and like Cousins, unlikely either side would have interest), W. Chandler, Jordan, B. Lopez, Monroe, Cousins, Covington, Favors.

And before you attempt to get clever and bring up trade route, no one is salary dumping a game changing player and they lack assets to trade for next disgruntled superstar or star.

But keep criticizing me for speaking truth and pretending past has any bearing on present and future.

Hoops Czar
06-28-2017, 06:21 PM
In all fairness, while it might help if Kawhi was more social and the front office was more proactive, this is still San Antonio, at the end of the day, and Spurs fans need to accept it, tbh..

Look what they managed to pull off in Cleveland and OKC? Can't say with a straight face those places are more attractive than San Antonio. That's where Kawhi and a proactive GM comes in, tbh.

spursistan
06-28-2017, 06:24 PM

As far as the talent equation (prime, upside) concerned, they are not a Top 5 team in league..:lol

This is essentially the 2000-2002 Duncan's Spurs with no Manu/Parker in the pipeline...Leonard prime is set to be wasted..

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 06:25 PM
As far as the talent equation (prime, upside) concerned, they are not a Top 5 in league..:lol

This is essentially the 2000-2002 Duncan's Spurs with no Manu/Parker in the pipeline...Leonard prime is set to be wasted..
This is my worst fear...

HarlemHeat37
06-28-2017, 06:29 PM
Look what they managed to pull off in Cleveland and OKC? Can't say with a straight face those places are more attractive than San Antonio. That's where Kawhi and a proactive GM comes in, tbh.

Huh?

OKC? Who did they sign? They drafted Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka

Cleveland bottomed out and got the #1 pick to trade for Love and they used their other #1 on Irving..they haven't signed anybody else that matters..

TheGreatYacht
06-28-2017, 06:37 PM
As far as the talent equation (prime, upside) concerned, they are not a Top 5 team in league..:lol

Holy shit did we win the lottery by having Sam Presti on our front office, the genius that discovered Parker :lol

Duncan could've played his career with Antonio Daniels, Jason Hart, and Beno Udrih running the point... it was already bad enough that his Centers consisted of Nesterovic, Elson, Mohammed, and Dejuan Blair....

Uriel
06-28-2017, 06:56 PM
"Holier than though" :lol

Strategic
06-28-2017, 07:07 PM
Paul had a better cast in clips and couldn't get anywhere. No news yet on if he was able to bring his rafter selfie to Texas. It would make a great I-10 door mat for the Spurs.

rasuo214
06-28-2017, 07:09 PM
Kawhi has his friends, the problem is they aren't exactly Pop type of players. Another thing is a lot of these other friendships were developed during the Olympics (start of the KD recruitment to the Warriors), something Kawhi hasn't done yet.

spursistan
06-28-2017, 07:19 PM

coachmac87
06-28-2017, 07:25 PM

Dantoni is already feeling the pressure....

Expectations never been this high for him

Snaq O'Meal
06-28-2017, 07:27 PM

Brings back my memories of being a Spurs fan in the 90s.

Nathan89
06-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Spurs didn't show significant interest in Chris Paul, source told ESPN. Already have an aging point guard in Tony Parker.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0671749706224767707-4

Get with the times. :lmao

Snaq O'Meal
06-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Holy shit did we win the lottery by having Sam Presti on our front office, the genius that discovered Parker :lol

Duncan could've played his career with Antonio Daniels, Jason Hart, and Beno Udrih running the point... it was already bad enough that his Centers consisted of Nesterovic, Elson, Mohammed, and Dejuan Blair....

Rasho was the soft, controllable stiff Poop wanted. The latter even travelled all the way to Slovenia to recruit him.

Chomag
06-28-2017, 07:35 PM

qft
KL is capable but even Lebron cant do it all on his own, shhot even the all time great MJ didnt start winning trophies untill he got Pippen and Grant along with a good cast of roll players around him.

raybies
06-28-2017, 07:35 PM
:cry we all know how much you wanted CP3 dude but seriously the Culture is the only reason we have a seat at the table, lest you forgot Robinsons days. 20 straight successful seasons, 5 rings... the culture is fine. But you got your hopes up which most of us fans know not to do and now your emotional. It'll be ok trust me.

Ditty
06-28-2017, 07:41 PM
I think 29 other teams in the league would love to have two players that one is already about to be a super star in his prime, and the other one the sky is possibly the limit also. Possibly a lot of cap flexibility next offseason, and the years after. Also developing good role players. Great job R.C.!

Hoops Czar
06-28-2017, 07:47 PM
Spurs didn't show significant interest in Chris Paul, source told ESPN. Already have an aging point guard in Tony Parker.

Getting him to originally commit to a meeting with the Spurs brass shows you how much they were interested. But yeah, when they lose out, they pretend and act like they didn't care. Spurs still trying to shake off that snub. :lol

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 07:48 PM
Yeah, kind of seems like that ESPN report is just the Spurs saving face, tbh...

coachmac87
06-28-2017, 07:49 PM
Getting him to originally commit to a meeting with the Spurs brass shows you how much they were interested. But yeah, when they lose out, they pretend and act like they didn't care. Spurs still trying to shake off that snub. :lol

This..

bic50
06-28-2017, 07:52 PM
Hey atleast they tried.

cutewizard
06-28-2017, 07:54 PM
spurs have done fairly well in recent years in the offseasons with limited ability to make moves....they always manage to pull some pieces together and make it work, give some time for the FA period to play out at least for fuck's sake

---------------------------------------------

:bobo

TheDoctor
06-28-2017, 08:01 PM

TFOH :lmao

2011-12

2011-12

First Team
Second Team

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant

Tony Allen
Rajon Rondo

Dwight Howard
Tyson Chandler

LeBron James
Luol Deng

Serge Ibaka
Kevin Garnett

2012-13
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/thunder/defensive130513.jpg

2013-14
http://dailythunder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Screen-Shot-2014-06-03-at-12.23.29-AM.png

2014-15
https://nbcprobasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/all-d.png?w=568&h=346

2015-16
http://media.ksat.com/photo/2016/05/25/Screen%20Shot%202016-05-25%20at%203.07.12%20PM_1464206865335_5717903_ver1. 0.png

2016-17
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/8757147/DDQzgqRUMAAJ2MT.jpg_large.jpeg

Nathan89
06-28-2017, 08:01 PM

They have keep their options open. They set meeting so they don't have close the door completely.

SuperCam
06-28-2017, 08:06 PM
:cry spurs didn't want him anyways :cry
:cry ball dominant bad fit :cry
:cry can't pay 5 years :cry
:cry can't play defense :cry
:cry murray da point god you'll see :cry
:cry 5 rings :cry

Typical spurfan sour grapes :lmao

south side spur
06-28-2017, 08:08 PM
Paul was never going to take a pay cut and the Spurs weren't going to pay Paul $30 million + a year. That's what they mean by "really not being interested." You guys shit on Aldridge (rightfully so) for being soft but then y'all have the same mindset as fans.

This is nothing like the 90s. Robinson never would've heard the end of it if he would've sat out the Conference Finals. Leonard gets a pass as he normally does. PATFO know what's coming...$35-$40 million a year contract for Kawhi. They can't just throw money at any free agent they can only entertain potential free agents who are serious about winning. At least until Ginobili, Parker and Aldridge come off the books.

Houston has not overtaken the Spurs in the western conference hierarchy. Kawhi is still the best player and the difference in the series.

Old School 44
06-28-2017, 08:21 PM
The Spurs under Pop have never been a win now, win at all cost team. The approach has been for the most part, steady build through the draft, pick up some savvy veterans and hope to have a good to great team in the regular season. And if things fall in your favor, win/compete for a few championships along the way. Teams like the Warriors, Cavs and Rockets will have great teams for a few years, but they will also have the inevitable 3-5 down years because of the win now mentality.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 08:22 PM
The Spurs under Pop have never been a win now, win at all cost team. The approach has been for the most part, steady build through the draft, pick up some savvy veterans and hope to have a good to great team in the regular season. And if things fall in your favor, win/compete for a few championships along the way. Teams like the Warriors, Cavs and Rockets will have great teams for a few years, they will also have the inevitable 3-5 down years because of the win now mentality.
Doesn't look like that will be enough to beat the Warriors during Kawhi's prime though...

spursistan
06-28-2017, 08:24 PM
Exactly :lmao..

Yep.. Lou Willimas just said it: Houston swooped in about a couple of weeks ago and got him..He wasn't even going to pretend he was grappling with a tough choice by waiting until a FA courtesy meeting: Harden/MDA over Kawhi/Pop, he called IT..

Old School 44
06-28-2017, 08:38 PM
Doesn't look like that will be enough to beat the Warriors during Kawhi's prime though...
You're probably right, but no one knows how things will play out in a season. Maybe someone for the Warriors gets injured, maybe there's some in fighting on their team and guys get traded, maybe Murray, Simmons and Bertans develop into stellar players, who knows?

Not that I'm defending either approach, but what would you like them to do, go all in during Kawhi's prime and possibly mortgage the future, or continue with the more conservative approach?

td4mvp21
06-28-2017, 08:39 PM
Wait, people are upset that the Spurs didn't land a 32-year-old career loser? :lol

TheGreatYacht
06-28-2017, 08:40 PM
:cry spurs didn't want him anyways :cry
:cry ball dominant bad fit :cry
:cry can't pay 5 years :cry
:cry can't play defense :cry
:cry murray da point god you'll see :cry
:cry 5 rings :cry

Typical spurfan sour grapes :lmao
:lol

Clipper Nation
06-28-2017, 08:40 PM
:wow

coachmac87
06-28-2017, 08:41 PM
You're probably right, but no one knows how things will play out in a season. Maybe someone for the Warriors gets injured, maybe there's some in fighting on their team and guys get traded, maybe Murray, Simmons and Bertans develop into stellar players, who knows?

Not that I'm defending either approach, but what would you like them to do, go all in during Kawhi's prime and possibly mortgage the future, or continue with the more conservative approach?

Go all in during Kawhi prime (Top 3)...

People act like Pop is gonna coach the next 5-10 years and Kawhi is a lock to play in SA his whole career..

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 08:44 PM

It's a tough choice. The former is risky, but the latter is unlikely to pan out since all of our young guys are unlikely to develop into all-world players. You're willingly punting away a few years of Kawhi's prime if you go that route.

Again, the former is risky and you risk mortgaging your future. But what future do we have if we waste Kawhi's prime with no rings to show for it?

SAGirl
06-28-2017, 08:51 PM

I am not going to whine bc I thought CP3 to Spurs was a long shot anyways...
but standing pat is just not optional bc the old Spurs are nearly done: tony is injured, manu is going to be 41 and truth be told, he needs to retire, Lamarcus is a soft diva who wants out of the team bc he's underperforming, but he doesn't care to look in the mirror and figure out what he can do about his game instead of pointing fingers at everyone else.

At this stage they have so many guys with a foot in retirement or out the door anyways. They have some young players who might be too young and others who might be ready to play but still so long as they are benched behind TOSB players one doesn't really know what is there for sure.

Anyways, they just can't stand pat. I wasn't staying CP3 was the move (I thought it was uphill and he wasn't coming here)... but they do need to do something.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 08:54 PM
but standing pat is just not optional bc the old Spurs are nearly done: tony is injured, manu is going to be 41 and truth be told, he needs to retire, Lamarcus is a soft diva who wants out of the team bc he's underperforming, but he doesn't care to look in the mirror and figure out what he can do about his game instead of pointing fingers at everyone else.

At this stage they have so many guys with a foot in retirement or out the door anyways. They have some young players who might be too young and others who might be ready to play but still so long as they are benched behind TOSB players one doesn't really know what is there for sure.

Anyways, they just can't stand pat. I wasn't staying CP3 was the move (I thought it was uphill and he wasn't coming here)... but they do need to do something.
SAGirl with the truth bomb.

Snaq O'Meal
06-28-2017, 09:15 PM

It'll be the same like most years: no major moves in the offseason, with discards being picked up along the way. The team will still overachieve in the regular season.

cutewizard
06-28-2017, 09:15 PM
i dont think houston is the western number 2 right now

we beat them fair and square, chris paul does not change the equation so much

---------------------------

ill be counterintuitive: i think houston shall regress...........

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 09:16 PM
i dont think houston is the western number 2 right now

we beat them fair and square, chris paul does not change the equation so much

---------------------------

ill be counterintuitive: i think houston shall regress...........
Harden and CP3 are licking their chops imagining Pau or LMA guarding the pick and roll..

SAGirl
06-28-2017, 09:20 PM
I think 29 other teams in the league would love to have two players that one is already about to be a super star in his prime, and the other one the sky is possibly the limit also. Possibly a lot of cap flexibility next offseason, and the years after. Also developing good role players. Great job R.C.!

I'll be very happy to see the Spurs young players develop. It doesn't do anyone any good if they are still in the doghouse then complain everyone in the rotation but one or two guys are old.

poop
06-28-2017, 09:24 PM

Lmfao

poop
06-28-2017, 09:25 PM
F cp3, hes old already and will prob be injured by thd playoffs as usual

SAGirl
06-28-2017, 09:30 PM

Frankly from an "ageism" point of view, I am glad that they are seeing the potential for an albatross contract worse than Tony's down the line (bc he will be older than Tony with a contract that is much higher...) and turned that down.

It seems like their efforts to trade on draft night were to get younger. They were rumored to want Porzingis for example or a high lottery pick. It's too bad LMA depressed his own value with his diva/softness so much that no team bit on that. That was possibly the loss in their summer. I am hoping they are still trying to do something when FA kicks in...

100%duncan
06-29-2017, 12:56 AM

:lmao :lmao truthbomb

spursistan
06-29-2017, 01:47 AM

Morey pulled a fast one in a literal sense..Meanwhile PATFO continues to play nice and classy in a cutthroat environment..

The question was posed to several team executives around the league, who all spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the topic.“I don’t want to use the ‘T’ word — tampering — but we all don’t play by the rules when it comes to making deals,” one Eastern Conference executive said. “Besides, nobody is going to rat anybody out. That’s how this league works.”
Less than 24 hours after informing Clippers officials of his wishes, Paul was traded to the Rockets on Wednesday in exchange for seven players and a 2018 first-round draft pick.
Before the deal happened, he opted back in — earlier he had opted out — to his $24-million contract for next season, which saved the Rockets time and money.
Beyond the typical “how it leaves the Clippers/what it does for the Rockets” discourse, the move prompted an additional response in some of the league’s front offices. In summary, something along the lines of: “Hmmm. That was fast.”
“Every team is looking for an advantage,” one executive said. “The deal got done way too fast for somebody not to be talking already. That happened real quick. But hey, that’s how it goes in this league.”

An NBA official said the Clippers had not complained to the league, but several team executives wondered whether the Rockets had a head start in negotiations.
According to one NBA executive, James Harden (http://www.latimes.com/topic/sports/basketball/james-harden-PESPT0000010769-topic.html), the Rockets’ all-star guard, had been recruiting Paul throughout the season. An executive from another team said Harden had already told a fellow NBA player that Paul’s going to Houston was a done deal.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2017, 02:57 AM

I'd much prefer they stand pat than if they make bad deals that ruin the next 3-4 years of Spurs basketball. One thing you guys don't get is that for every team out there who wins, they have to be bad first. And virtually no one here gets that because the Spurs haven't had to do that to be good for the past 20 years. They constantly retool on the fly with Pop and company reinventing themselves or pulling a rabbit out of a hat. They haven't needed lottery picks because they keep getting lottery talent through later picks.

But that shit can't last forever. They don't have a ton of cap flexibility and even if they did, they've never done well in free agency with max level stars. With LMA shitting the bed, they may not be able to retool on the fly this time. And frankly, if they're going to suck, please let it happen during the reign of Golden State. I would much rather we undergo a huge overhaul now and be ready in 2-3 years than to try to hold it together now and ruin the chances in the long term. Look for young developing talent instead of chasing old point guards who will get paid 40 million+ in their final years.

Emperor
06-29-2017, 03:11 AM
He still won't get past the second round.

cutewizard
06-29-2017, 03:37 AM
He still won't get past the second round.

------------------------------

totally agree.

cutewizard
06-29-2017, 03:38 AM
which means Chris Paul is NOT interested in the NBA title.....

Mnky
06-29-2017, 04:44 AM
Spurs fans are to spoiled.

Spurs were 2nd in the league to the most stacked team in league history.

Spurfan still thinks Spurs need their help to run the franchise.

ceperez
06-29-2017, 05:51 AM

Morey pulled a fast one in a literal sense..Meanwhile PATFO continues to play nice and classy in a cutthroat environment..

Yes, this sums it up. Spurs had zero chance in acquiring Paul. Even if they did, Spurs would have lost a lot of players in the process.

Where PATFO have failed is in their attempt to extend Duncan's legacy by hoping Aldridge could fill in his shoes. Did not happen and we have two seasons to pay for this mistake.

PATFO other missteps may be not being as sharp as they used to be in the draft and not realizing that the small ball play that they invented in 2014 was the future of the league.

tholdren
06-29-2017, 05:52 AM

Yes get rid of the culture so spurs can pick up a bunch of me first losers to vet bounced out of rd 1 if they even make playoffs. If the team last year was healthy, they would have rang.

r0drig0lac
06-29-2017, 09:02 AM

???

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-29-2017, 09:22 AM
Why does everyone think the Spurs wanted Paul? Does anyone really think having half our cap tied up in two ageing point guards was the master plan for the front office this season?

Idiots.

TheGreatYacht
06-29-2017, 09:31 AM
Why does everyone think the Spurs wanted Paul? Does anyone really think having half our cap tied up in two ageing point guards was the master plan for the front office this season?

Idiots.

The GM behind the brilliant Richard Jefferson and Lamarcus Aldridge signings would never.

Horse
06-29-2017, 12:44 PM

Their offense was never the problem.

TimDunkem
06-29-2017, 12:45 PM
The fuck are you talking about?

DPG21920
06-29-2017, 12:56 PM
I'd much prefer they stand pat than if they make bad deals that ruin the next 3-4 years of Spurs basketball. One thing you guys don't get is that for every team out there who wins, they have to be bad first. And virtually no one here gets that because the Spurs haven't had to do that to be good for the past 20 years. They constantly retool on the fly with Pop and company reinventing themselves or pulling a rabbit out of a hat. They haven't needed lottery picks because they keep getting lottery talent through later picks.

But that shit can't last forever. They don't have a ton of cap flexibility and even if they did, they've never done well in free agency with max level stars. With LMA shitting the bed, they may not be able to retool on the fly this time. And frankly, if they're going to suck, please let it happen during the reign of Golden State. I would much rather we undergo a huge overhaul now and be ready in 2-3 years than to try to hold it together now and ruin the chances in the long term. Look for young developing talent instead of chasing old point guards who will get paid 40 million+ in their final years.

Only beef with this is you can't suck with Kawhi here. He won't wait 2-3 years in the lottery and you can't really suck with a player that good anyways.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-29-2017, 01:31 PM
Yes get rid of the culture so spurs can pick up a bunch of me first losers to vet bounced out of rd 1 if they even make playoffs. If the team last year was healthy, they would have rang.

I agree, we had GS's number, we would have at minimum pushed them 7 games. I honestly think we we win that series. At that point it wouldve been a guaranteed title, because Cleveland was trash all year.

MaNu4Tres
06-29-2017, 01:39 PM
Only beef with this is you can't suck with Kawhi here. He won't wait 2-3 years in the lottery and you can't really suck with a player that good anyways.

With or without LA, Spurs will be a top 3-4 team in the West. They are not going to be in the lottery unless Kawhi has a season ending injury before mid December.

Mark in Austin
06-29-2017, 08:42 PM
Spurs "got with the times" two years ago.

They signed Aldridge.

LOL. true.

SequSpur
06-29-2017, 10:15 PM
I agree Spurs are foolsgold.