PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi and the lack the lack of respect rendered......

Atl Spur
06-29-2017, 11:30 AM
I posted a few weeks ago that most don't credit or acknowledge him accurately and was met with " Hey yes they do........etc."! After watching the turn of events the last few days, it is amazing how main stream refuse to acknowledge playing alongside him (superstar that he is) is more advantageous than almost anyone out there not named Lebron James! I and I'm pretty sure he isn't looking for a pat on the back or a that'a boy but the disrespect is real. It is quite shocking all of these great basketball minds refuse to acknowledge this dude and why he is the perfect teammate/talent to partner with! I live in Atlanta but was born in Bexar county and even I understand that San Antonio might not be a hotspot but these dudes live elsewhere in the off season anyhow. Everyone has a house in Atlanta it seems these days......... Stop all the excuses and give credit where credit is due!

RD2191
06-29-2017, 11:35 AM
Great basketball minds? Most of the losers you hear on ESPN are a bunch of stat nerds/fan boys that have never played a sport in their lives.

MultiTroll
06-29-2017, 11:43 AM
I posted a few weeks ago that most don't credit or acknowledge him accurately and was met with " Hey yes they do........etc."! After watching the turn of events the last few days, it is amazing how main stream refuse to acknowledge playing alongside him (superstar that he is) is more advantageous than almost anyone out there not named Lebron James! I and I'm pretty sure he isn't looking for a pat on the back or a that'a boy but the disrespect is real. It is quite shocking all of these great basketball minds refuse to acknowledge this dude and why he is the perfect teammate/talent to partner with! I live in Atlanta but was born in Bexar county and even I understand that San Antonio might not be a hotspot but these dudes live elsewhere in the off season anyhow. Everyone has a house in Atlanta it seems these days......... Stop all the excuses and give credit where credit is due!
:lol todays NBA
:lol todays NBA *star players

I'm so hoping LeBron will do the right thing and team up with Kawhi.
Otherwise I don't know how many years of NBA phaggotry we may be looking at.

Of course even with the team "as is" it's entirely possible lead by Kwa the Spurs would have ran the Golden Phaggots out the the 2017 playoffs.
So there's that.

Atl Spur
06-29-2017, 11:46 AM

Of course even with the team "as is" it's entirely possible lead by Kwa the Spurs would have ran the Golden Phaggots out the the 2017 playoffs.
So there's that.

Some of the contributors are ex front office execs / coaches! I just find it funny but also very disrespectful to say the least.......

mookie2001
06-29-2017, 11:52 AM
Did yall hear Corby Davidson this week? he said kawhi shouldn't be in discussion for top six player in the NBA because "the top 4 or 5 players were in the NBA finals, plus Harden and Westbrook" and that the only season he got MVP love is because he plays in San Antonio and the media loves us so much.

i was like wts this dudes pissed

RD2191
06-29-2017, 11:53 AM
Did yall hear Corby Davidson this week? he said kawhi shouldn't be in discussion for top six player in the NBA because "the top 4 or 5 players were in the NBA finals, plus Harden and Westbrook" and that the only season he got MVP love is because he plays in San Antonio and the media loves us so much.

Wow. Some of these dudes need to be knocked the fuck out.

GSH
06-29-2017, 12:01 PM

Why would anyone say something that stupid?

Click, click... click, click, click

Atl Spur
06-29-2017, 12:04 PM
Why would anyone say something that stupid?

Click, click... click, click, click

with all due respect, I think it goes far past click bait. There is a different dynamic here at work...

NameLess Scrub
06-29-2017, 12:05 PM

So there's that.

At this point I'm starting to not mind Lebron teaming up with Kawhi to take out the Warriors. What's wrong with me?

Horse
06-29-2017, 12:39 PM
At this point I'm starting to not mind Lebron teaming up with Kawhi to take out the Warriors. What's wrong with me?

They have ruined the league so makes sense to take those bitches out.

Atl Spur
06-29-2017, 12:49 PM
I have no problem with the warriors; I actually respect them. Preparation met opportunity for them.....no LUCK involved. We will overthrow them soon enough though. Just a few moves are needed....

spurs10
06-29-2017, 12:52 PM
I'll contribute to that fund! :ihit

bic50
06-29-2017, 12:58 PM
with all due respect, I think it goes far past click bait. There is a different dynamic here at work...
Has to be click bait.

DPG21920
06-29-2017, 01:02 PM
It's not just the media. I can't recall such disdain for a player as Kawhi receives. Players basically openly take shots at him (even though they mostly all walked it back after looking like idiots).

But there seems to be a genuine in-crowd in the NBA to which Kawhi does not belong. A lot of players really don't like Kawhi for totally illogical and childish reasons.

Phenomanul
06-29-2017, 01:08 PM
I have no problem with the warriors; I actually respect them. Preparation met opportunity for them.....no LUCK involved. We will overthrow them soon enough though. Just a few moves are needed....

Seriously?

Three straight finals and out of 12 total series they faced the other squad at full strength a total of 3 times... losing one, winning one in a Game 7 and winning the other (this year).

Phenomanul
06-29-2017, 01:09 PM
It's not just the media. I can't recall such disdain for a player as Kawhi receives. Players basically openly take shots at him (even though they mostly all walked it back after looking like idiots).

But there seems to be a genuine in-crowd in the NBA to which Kawhi does not belong. A lot of players really don't like Kawhi for totally illogical and childish reasons.

It's called envy.

Atl Spur
06-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Seriously?

Three straight finals and out of 12 total series they faced the other squad at full strength a total of 3 times... losing one, winning one in a Game 7 and winning the other (this year).

My response was in reference to team composition not luck to winning titles.

$pursDynasty
06-29-2017, 02:35 PM
there is this motivation I don't really get. When discussing the elite teams in the league, they automatically say Dubs and Cavs as if the Spurs don't exist and wouldn't be favored over the Cavs in a series. When they talk about who does PG13 go to? They say Cavs, Celtics, Lakers or Heat. If feels like they are hoping that saying it will make is so. OK some of it may be, I want these locations to be the important onces because I want to go to LA or Miami, and Lebron is the straw that stirs the drink but it is noticeable. It is a hypocrisy in today's society, "they" all say they want teams with the Spur's mindset but "they" really don't like the Spurs they just want their success. Players say they want a strong organization, a chance to win championships and a place where they can become better players and yet, very few said players ever give SA, where these things are part of the foundation, more than lip service when it comes to FA destination.
I guess it is just like women list a sense of humor as the most important characteristic for a man to have but it isn't the comedians that end up with the ultra foxes, it's the billionaires. But hey what does it say about the women if they admit to that? People like the new thing (the Dubs) and the Spurs aren't that but hell they are a lot newer than the Celtics. It's not an hatred because you have to respect the Spurs but they seem to resent the fact that you have to respect them and pay them lip service when they seem to rather not talk about them at all.

sasaint
06-29-2017, 03:04 PM
there is this motivation I don't really get. When discussing the elite teams in the league, they automatically say Dubs and Cavs as if the Spurs don't exist and wouldn't be favored over the Cavs in a series. When they talk about who does PG13 go to? They say Cavs, Celtics, Lakers or Heat. If feels like they are hoping that saying it will make is so. OK some of it may be, I want these locations to be the important onces because I want to go to LA or Miami, and Lebron is the straw that stirs the drink but it is noticeable. It is a hypocrisy in today's society, "they" all say they want teams with the Spur's mindset but "they" really don't like the Spurs they just want their success. Players say they want a strong organization, a chance to win championships and a place where they can become better players and yet, very few said players ever give SA, where these things are part of the foundation, more than lip service when it comes to FA destination.
I guess it is just like women list a sense of humor as the most important characteristic for a man to have but it isn't the comedians that end up with the ultra foxes, it's the billionaires. But hey what does it say about the women if they admit to that? People like the new thing (the Dubs) and the Spurs aren't that but hell they are a lot newer than the Celtics. It's not an hatred because you have to respect the Spurs but they seem to resent the fact that you have to respect them and pay them lip service when they seem to rather not talk about them at all.

Actually LUCK was very important to the Dubs development as an elite team. Curry suffered a relatively severe ankle injury that scared off any suitors. The Dubs signed him to his current (as it turns out), bargain deal. Having the league MVP playing for you for less money than Tony opens up a lot of opportunities. No mistaking the fact that the Dubs seized those opportunities. Their talent evaluation (Draymond, Clark, McCaw) has been excellent. They are a great organization (maybe not "light years" ahead of the rest of the league. Their personnel strategies are undeniably great, but the foundation was laid by that cheap Curry contract.

sasaint
06-29-2017, 03:07 PM

Everybody wants to fly jets. But not everybody can be Richard Gere bearing up to Louis Gossett, Jr.

Atl Spur
06-29-2017, 03:14 PM
Actually LUCK was very important to the Dubs development as an elite team. Curry suffered a relatively severe ankle injury that scared off any suitors. The Dubs signed him to his current (as it turns out), bargain deal. Having the league MVP playing for you for less money than Tony opens up a lot of opportunities. No mistaking the fact that the Dubs seized those opportunities. Their talent evaluation (Draymond, Clark, McCaw) has been excellent. They are a great organization (maybe not "light years" ahead of the rest of the league. Their personnel strategies are undeniably great, but the foundation was laid by that cheap Curry contract.

Regardless of the circumstances, they were still in a position to capitalize based off their prior decision making. Call it luck if you like but I like to attribute it to being prepared for scenarios that might present themselves.

Brazil
06-29-2017, 03:53 PM
Fact is Kawhi and the Spurs don't give a shit about what media think.

If not for a dirty play and bad luck with TP, Spurs had a very good shot at kicking dubs butt and would have been favorite against Cavs. Kawhi is gonna be huge next year

therealtruth
06-29-2017, 08:56 PM
CJ McCollum gave him respect. Said you could replace everybody else on the all-defensive teams but him.

Ice009
06-30-2017, 08:13 AM
CJ McCollum gave him respect. Said you could replace everybody else on the all-defensive teams but him.

Darn. I like CJ McCollum too. Good to hear that from him. CJ is really the only player on that team I like. I somewhat like Lillard, but not as much as CJ.