PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul Had Serious Interest In Spurs But Had Concerns On Aldridge, Parker...

Amuseddaysleeper
06-29-2017, 12:12 PM
"Paul was seriously interested in playing for the Spurs, according to a source. But with Aldridge’s status with the Spurs up in the air, it made the situation less attractive. It probably would have been awkward for Paul to take the starting role over longtime Spurs point guard, respected foe and friend Tony Parker."

https://theundefeated.com/features/james-harden-helped-sell-chris-paul-on-houston-rockets/

GSH
06-29-2017, 12:15 PM
I don't know if it's true, but it's plausible.

The problem is, so many people just make shit up and attribute it to "a source". If I want that, I can get it here every day. :lol

coachmac87
06-29-2017, 12:22 PM
Houston was the more attractive place tbh..especially if you factor in everything..Kawhi/Harden cancel out..

Spurs have too many question marks as of TODAY

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-29-2017, 12:25 PM
It's more likely this is PR / posturing by Paul now he's a Rocket. He's got a vested interest in making Houston more attractive than SA for free agents, and it's likely we're in competition for some of the same players come July 1.

spurs50_
06-29-2017, 12:30 PM
We dodged a bullet not getting this clown.

DisAsTerBot
06-29-2017, 12:31 PM
Spurs didn't have serious interest in Paul. That would be key to this information

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2017, 12:32 PM
:lol this part was so predictable, tbh..everybody loves the Spurs, but nobody signs with them, all talk..doesn't help that the only relatively big name they signed is reportedly unhappy and they couldn't successfully transform him within the magical, mystical "Pop system"..

Horse
06-29-2017, 12:35 PM
Houston was the more attractive place tbh..especially if you factor in everything..Kawhi/Harden cancel out..

Spurs have too many question marks as of TODAY
GTFOH harden plays his position, Kawhi is certainly better. d'antoni the coach, no bigs no D. And a 7 second offense while paul loves to pound the ball.

Hoops Czar
06-29-2017, 12:36 PM
But I thought the Spurs weren't interested in him. :lol Exactly what I said he'd say after signing with another team (nearly word for word). Chris Paul needs to be a little more original with his material because these kind of excuses have been played out for years. He signed so fast with Houston, he didn't even give the Spurs a shot at a courtesy meeting but, I'm sure he had a lot of sleepless nights beforehand, worrying about Tony parker and how he would fit in playing alongside his long time friend. You can't make this shit up. :lol

Parker's words last year when Conley voiced concerns about Parker's coexistence....

Parker said he harbors no concerns about his future role, reiterating that his job is only to please coach Gregg Popovich.
"We talked about it all year long," Parker said. "I am fine with it (a changing role), and going forward it's going to be like that. As long as Pop is happy, I'm good."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/spurs-tony-parker-on-changing-his-role-i-am-fine-with-it/

gambit1990
06-29-2017, 12:37 PM
conley also had reservations about joining the spurs because parker.

gambit1990
06-29-2017, 12:39 PM
people were getting after kawhi for not being social... is anyone gonna be getting after tony for being on the team/in the way?

DPG21920
06-29-2017, 12:42 PM
What kind of comparison is that ^ :lmao

gambit1990
06-29-2017, 12:47 PM
if we didn't have tony last summer, maybe we get conley.
if we didn't have tony this summer, maybe we get cp3.

the problem isn't that kawhi isn't reaching out to other players... the problem is simply tony still being on the team. and that probably won't change and will continue to cause issues and limit the spurs potential. it obviously has already.

DPG21920
06-29-2017, 12:51 PM
That is still a terrible parallel to draw. No one should be mad at a player who is in the last year of his contract simply being on the team on a contract the team gave him :lol

The fact that it now possibly hinders SA is not the point.

People being "mad" at Kawhi for not recruiting is entirely different and if you don't know that then you are probably not the brightest of people.

If we are to assume you aren't an idiot, then the only other logical conclusion is that you are a troll.

rjv
06-29-2017, 12:52 PM

the problem isn't that kawhi isn't reaching out to other players... the problem is simply tony still being on the team. and that probably won't change and will continue to cause issues and limit the spurs potential. it obviously has already. that's a lot of maybes.

Joseph Kony
06-29-2017, 12:52 PM
I mean, you can't really blame Tony. It's not his fault Spurs gave him the money, and it's not his fault they start him and don't trade him. That's on PATFO, tbh

TimDunkem
06-29-2017, 12:53 PM
I mean, you can't really blame Tony. It's not his fault Spurs gave him the money, and it's not his fault they start him and don't trade him. That's on PATFO, tbh
This.

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2017, 12:54 PM

the problem isn't that kawhi isn't reaching out to other players... the problem is simply tony still being on the team. and that probably won't change and will continue to cause issues and limit the spurs potential. it obviously has already.

This part of what I meant when I wanted the Spurs to wait until 2018, tbh..people think it's because of the FA class, but that isn't the primary reason..next off-season provides a fresh start, where they no longer have to feel loyal to guys like Parker, Ginobili or even Gasol/Green/Aldridge..

Many seem to ignore the way this organization operates, which is heavily influenced by the culture they have created(which involves loyalty)..I don't know why anybody would think that they aren't going to allow Parker to remain a starter or at least have a prominent role until his contract ends, it's clearly their plan IMO..it obviously hurts the team(Parker playing well in the Memphis series was nice, short-term, but would have been harmful for next season if he hadn't gotten hurt) but not everything is about the on-court product..

DaBears
06-29-2017, 12:54 PM
Let me ask everyone for a simple or maybe a not so simple question... Why the media only seems to be mentioning Houston & Cleveland as suitors for any of the remaining Top free agents out there.. They talk like it is a foregone conclusion that only these 2 teams are in the mix for anyone else..
2ndly - Does anyone have an ideas who teams who have staked teams like a GoldenState or Cleveland can afford to afford to pay a all-star roster and look to add 1 more, when the spurs cannot even afford to resign a bench player in PMILLS. And we only have 1 superstar player in KL.

Would just like to know some of your theories on this.

spurs10
06-29-2017, 12:56 PM
Spurs likely had concerns about emptying their roster for him.

Hoops Czar
06-29-2017, 12:58 PM
The Air just got dense in here for some posters. How does Parker playing off the bench affect Chris Paul in the starting lineup? The fact that people can't see through CP3's bullshit is beyond me. :lol

GSH
06-29-2017, 12:58 PM

Holy shit! My brain hurts now. :lol

DPG21920
06-29-2017, 12:59 PM

Not only that - he's a franchise legend who when he got the deal was performing very well. He just declined unfortunately. He still cares, works hard and hell even had a better playoffs then anyone not named Kawhi.

baseline bum
06-29-2017, 01:00 PM
I don't know if it's true, but it's plausible.

The problem is, so many people just make shit up and attribute it to "a source". If I want that, I can get it here every day. :lol

You can't believe everything you read on the internet. That's how World War I got started.

ceperez
06-29-2017, 01:00 PM

:bobo

rastaspur
06-29-2017, 01:02 PM
That is still a terrible parallel to draw. No one should be mad at a player who is in the last year of his contract simply being on the team on a contract the team gave him :lol

The fact that it now possibly hinders SA is not the point.

People being "mad" at Kawhi for not recruiting is entirely different and if you don't know that then you are probably not the brightest of people.

If we are to assume you aren't an idiot, then the only other logical conclusion is that you are a troll.

True. It's not tony's fault.

Tony isn't going to retire or go away because he might be an impediment.

Tony is not a quitter. He has pride and wants to come back and prove doubters wrong. Who wouldn't if tgey were in his shoes.

TimDunkem
Imo, it likely only came down to Harden. They're friends and he can take pressure away from CP3 being the main ball handler. People are overthinking this, tbh.

DPG21920
Imo, it likely only came down to Harden. They're friends and he can take pressure away from CP3 being the main ball handler. People are overthinking this, tbh.

That and the tampering :lol

Hoops Czar

If the Spurs traded for James Harden years ago, they'd have CP3.

baseline bum
06-29-2017, 01:06 PM

Houston also has more strip clubs

TimDunkem
06-29-2017, 01:07 PM
That and the tampering :lol
I love how it's the worst kept secret in the NBA. When the guys calling the games in the NBA Finals can openly discuss the Warriors tampering and literally laugh about it, you know the league doesn't take it all that seriously - at least not if it involves stars forming super teams that increase ratings. :lol

GSH
06-29-2017, 01:07 PM
You can't believe everything you read on the internet. That's how World War I got started.

:lol Those damn Germans invading Pearl Harbor. I get mad every time I think about it.

texbound
06-29-2017, 01:08 PM
I know the Spurs, through other players, couldve voiced interest in Paul; however, they technically could not contact him or reach out to his agent until July 1st. So, there is no way of knowing if the Spurs seriously had an interest in him at this point. Furthermore, they couldn't even comment to anyone that they wanted to talk with him. I'm sure there are backchannels that could be used, but nothing that could ever be made public because of tampering. Tampering rules don't apply to Houston, LA, GS or any other team not the Spurs.

$pursDynasty
06-29-2017, 01:12 PM
Meh to be honest it appears that everything that CP3 has done has been done to in order to make sure he got that 5th year max salary above all else. I guess I was tricked into believing that winning was really important to him and that made me want him on my team. HOWEVER some are reporting that he was more than happy to stay with the Clips if they would have given him that 5th year. The Logo said no and that is how we got where we are. If that is what makes CP3 tick then I really don't want him on the team. Which makes me a hypocrite because I have said I want Boogie on the team, even though he was content to remain with that dumpster fire of a franchise, Sacramento Kings in order to get a super max contract. That however is me ignoring Boogie's lack of competitive drive and focusing on the fact that the Spurs didn't have a big that would actively post up James Harden in the playoffs. That I just can't stand. Back to CP3 the Spurs have never been about pay me every last cent you can type players so I wouldn't start now with an aging injury prone point guard because once that mindset enters a franchise it is hard to remove it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-29-2017, 01:12 PM
Just a reminder:

The only linkage of Paul to the Spurs came from Twitter troll / Laker reporter Ramonna Gunnells, and Paul after the fact.

look_at_g_shred
06-29-2017, 01:13 PM
You have to assume all other FA's are gonna feel the same way.

gambit1990
06-29-2017, 01:15 PM
You have to assume all other FA's are gonna feel the same way.
good point.

spurs10
06-29-2017, 01:28 PM
:lol Those damn Germans invading Pearl Harbor. I get mad every time I think about it. Yeah inadvertently killing Archduke Ferdinand who must have been vacationing in the islands. :lol

coachmac87
06-29-2017, 01:29 PM
GTFOH harden plays his position, Kawhi is certainly better. d'antoni the coach, no bigs no D. And a 7 second offense while paul loves to pound the ball.

You missed my point...compare the rosters as of TODAY..

There were too many moving parts and uncertainty with Spurs..

Vic Petro
06-29-2017, 01:45 PM
I think it ultimately Paul wanted to opt in and re-enter free agency next year to maximize his back-end salaries and also have more control over playing with his banana buddies. Not sure the Spurs were willing to gut the roster for what amounts to a 1 year commitment. All this other shit y'all are throwing against the wall is fussy housewife gossip.

buttsR4rebounding
06-29-2017, 02:00 PM
I will laugh my ass off if CP3 decides by the end of the year that playing with Harden long term is just not worth it and leaves. Unlikely, he will have no pressure to win in Houston, won't have to deal with Doc, and will pay no state income tax. He can afford to buy a championship ring then. I hear Babe Ruth's 1927 Yankee's WS ring is up for auction.

Dverde
06-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Sounds like he wanted TP to call and beg and he didn't.

tmtcsc
06-29-2017, 02:10 PM
Lol, no one gives a shit about Tony's feelings on bringing another PG on board. He's done. Spurs probably let him know this wasn't going to happen. They're still wiping the dogshit off their shoes that is Aldridge. No more malcontents and difficult personalities needed.

LittleCriminal
06-29-2017, 02:16 PM
Who cares.. Its over now. Move on.

rastaspur
06-29-2017, 02:16 PM
:lol Those damn Germans invading Pearl Harbor. I get mad every time I think about it.
:lol

I am learning new stuff about he world War I and II. Didn't realize the Internet came out around the time of the Ford model t. And I also could have sworn pearl Harbor was bombed in war II by Mongolia or some other oriental nation.

I am going to go brush up on my history real quick. I am all confused.

DMC
06-29-2017, 02:45 PM
:lol this part was so predictable, tbh..everybody loves the Spurs, but nobody signs with them, all talk..doesn't help that the only relatively big name they signed is reportedly unhappy and they couldn't successfully transform him within the magical, mystical "Pop system"..

That system only works with players who have gotten over themselves, which translated to real speak means they don't have a real shot in the league unless they play a minor role in the Spurs square dance routine.

cd98
06-29-2017, 02:46 PM
LMA isn't supposed to block Chris Paul's shot during free agency.

Seventyniner
06-29-2017, 02:57 PM

Just watch Animal House instead.

Seventyniner
06-29-2017, 03:00 PM
This part of what I meant when I wanted the Spurs to wait until 2018, tbh..people think it's because of the FA class, but that isn't the primary reason..next off-season provides a fresh start, where they no longer have to feel loyal to guys like Parker, Ginobili or even Gasol/Green/Aldridge..

Many seem to ignore the way this organization operates, which is heavily influenced by the culture they have created(which involves loyalty)..I don't know why anybody would think that they aren't going to allow Parker to remain a starter or at least have a prominent role until his contract ends, it's clearly their plan IMO..it obviously hurts the team(Parker playing well in the Memphis series was nice, short-term, but would have been harmful for next season if he hadn't gotten hurt) but not everything is about the on-court product..

Fair points, but the Spurs' off-court emphasis has worked pretty well for a while. Though most of the team's success is attributable to Tim Duncan.

Morey, on the other hand, goes all out to put together the best on-paper team he can every year. He cares nothing for chemistry, continuity, or loyalty as far as his team-building decisions go. He would trade James Harden tomorrow if he thought it would make the team even a little bit better.

Hoops Czar
06-29-2017, 03:16 PM
Fair points, but the Spurs' off-court emphasis has worked pretty well for a while. Though most of the team's success is attributable to Tim Duncan.

Morey, on the other hand, goes all out to put together the best on-paper team he can every year. He cares nothing for chemistry, continuity, or loyalty as far as his team-building decisions go. He would trade James Harden tomorrow if he thought it would make the team even a little bit better.

People keep throwing out loyalty like It's a thing. The NBA is a business with the end goal of trying to win championships. In the business world, loyalty is a crutch. It can send big businesses crumbling to the ground.

rastaspur
06-29-2017, 03:17 PM
Just watch Animal House instead.

Otto: Germans?

Boone: forget it, he's rolling.

GSH
06-29-2017, 03:20 PM

I am learning new stuff about he world War I and II. Didn't realize the Internet came out around the time of the Ford model t. And I also could have sworn pearl Harbor was bombed in war II by Mongolia or some other oriental nation.

Reading is hard and takes a long time. Do a YouTube search on "The Real Truth About WWI". It's a lot easier if you just watch a video.

rastaspur
06-29-2017, 03:25 PM
Reading is hard and takes a long time. Do a YouTube search on "The Real Truth About WWI". It's a lot easier if you just watch a video.

Reading is fundamental. Unless you are like stork, who might be braindead. Then it becomes difficult.

DeRozan m8
06-29-2017, 03:27 PM
Cancer Aldridge cancering the place up

TD 21
06-29-2017, 03:32 PM

Never any actual plan, just criticize almost every player, projected market value of them or both, while simultaneously saying league has never been better. Not sure how those two things could be possible.

Essentially, Spurs should waste portion of top 3 player's prime, so that they could have financial flexibility for what exactly? Even if one of few players you approve of makes it to free agency, according to you, they'd never sign in San Antonio. So if likes of Millsap or Hill is best they can do, why not sign them? Not spending for the sake of it, is a good way to piss off top 3 player and eventually lose him.

MaNu4Tres
06-29-2017, 03:36 PM
Never any actual plan, just criticize almost every player, projected market value of them or both, while simultaneously saying league has never been better. Not sure how those two things could be possible.

Essentially, Spurs should waste portion of top 3 player's prime, so that they could have financial flexibility for what exactly? Even if one of few players you approve of makes it to free agency, according to you, they'd never sign in San Antonio. So if likes of Millsap or Hill is best they can do, why not sign them? Not spending for the sake of it, is a good way to piss off top 3 player and eventually lose him.

Get Millsap and push hard for Paul George instead of G Hill. LMA to PHX, George to SA, Bender, White, SA 1st in 2018, PHX (via MIA) 1st in 18' to IND. Throw in Kyle or Davis if needed.

Chris
06-29-2017, 03:38 PM
Just a reminder:

The only linkage of Paul to the Spurs came from Twitter troll / Laker reporter Ramonna Gunnells, and Paul after the fact.

Yup. Until Paul speaks on the matter, my fucks given will be zero.

gambit1990
06-29-2017, 03:45 PM
Get Millsap and push hard for Paul George instead of G Hill.
i like this. that's as good as it can get for the spurs this offseason.

TD 21
06-29-2017, 03:48 PM
Get Millsap and push hard for Paul George instead of G Hill. LMA to PHX, George to SA, Bender, White, SA 1st in 2018, PHX (via MIA) 1st in 18' to IND. Throw in Kyle or Davis if needed.

Don't think Suns would attach Heat '18 1st to Bender for Aldridge and Murray would probably have to replace White to have any chance of pulling that off. White would be better fit with two ball dominant wings anyway. Also, Green, who'd be somewhat expendable anyway with George, would have to go because they'd need cap space to re-sign Gasol. Spurs wouldn't back out of commitment to him.

I'd do that in a second if I thought the chances of George re-signing were even decent. Spurs would have to have long discussion with him and have some level of confidence in that to pull trigger.

MaNu4Tres
06-29-2017, 03:54 PM
Don't think Suns would attach Heat '18 1st to Bender for Aldridge and Murray would probably have to replace White to have any chance of pulling that off. White would be better fit with two ball dominant wings anyway. Also, Green, who'd be somewhat expendable anyway with George, would have to go because they'd need cap space to re-sign Gasol. Spurs wouldn't back out of commitment to him.

I'd do that in a second if I thought the chances of George re-signing were even decent. Spurs would have to have long discussion with him and have some level of confidence in that to pull trigger.

Spurs would be idiots to include Murray for 1 yr rental, no commitment from George.

If I'm SA I throw in White, Bertans, rights to Milutinov, 18' 1st and PHX can throw in Bender ( SA + IND can ask about MIA's 1st in 18) for Paul George rental ( for now). Trying not to be biased, but I think that's fair value considering Paul Georges' likely 1 and done situation.

SnakeBoy
06-29-2017, 04:06 PM

TD 21
06-29-2017, 04:07 PM
Spurs would be idiots to include Murray for 1 yr rental, no commitment from George.

If I'm SA I throw in White, Bertans, rights to Milutinov, 18' 1st and PHX can throw in Bender ( SA + IND can ask about MIA's 1st in 18) for Paul George rental ( for now). Trying not to be biased, but I think that's fair value considering Paul Georges' likely 1 and done situation.

I know. Obviously, they wouldn't get commitment, but that's why I said they'd have to have some level of confidence in his re-signing to think about it. Think that's what it would take to have a chance to acquire him though.

Also, Hawks would have to get something for agreeing to Millsap sign and trade; even if it's just a trade exception. Spurs don't have space to sign him outright, even by salary dumping Green because as I said, Gasol needs to be re-signed with cap space and they will do right by him.

MaNu4Tres
06-29-2017, 04:09 PM
I know. Obviously, they wouldn't get commitment, but that's why I said they'd have to have some level of confidence in his re-signing to think about it. Think that's what it would take to have a chance to acquire him though.

Also, Hawks would have to get something for agreeing to Millsap sign and trade; even if it's just a trade exception. Spurs don't have space to sign him outright, even by salary dumping Green because as I said, Gasol needs to be re-signed with cap space and they will do right by him.

Spurs can have the space. They just need a verbal/strong commitment from Millsap and then they can dump LA to PHX before Millsap signs.

Get Millsap to commit, trade LA to PHX in a dump, then trade Danny to PHL in a dump.

Sign Millsap, go after another wing via FA (Iggy?) or via trade absorbing salary ( George, Chandler, Harkless, Aminu?). Use rest of space to make good w/ Pau. Then re-sign Simmons w/ bird rights, SA can exceed the cap. Then its open game for Manu, Lee, vet PG to sign for minimum deals.

TD 21
06-29-2017, 04:11 PM
Spurs can have the space. They just need a verbal/strong commitment from Millsap and then they can dump LA to PHX before Millsap signs.

:tu

rjv
06-29-2017, 04:16 PM
griffin is meeting with phoenix on saturday so any possible LMA trade to the suns will be predicated on how that griffin/suns dynamic plays out.

Joseph Kony
06-29-2017, 04:26 PM
Now that Chris Paul is gone i don't think Griffin is going anywhere. His main issue was he hated CP3, with Paul gone and LAC likely offering him the max i don't see him going anywhere

james evans
06-29-2017, 05:08 PM
bullshit. At the end of the day, Paul didn't want to fuck with Popovich cutting his stats down with 12 minute games at the end of the season and resting him for guranteed wins. Everyone talks that "popvoch is the greatest coach and I would love to play for him" bullshit, but nobody really wants to play for that mf. It just sounds good to say. Because he makes the games about him. He does silly shit during the games so people can talk about him in the post game and tactics he uses. How many times are we winning a a game by 20 and then he puts in the most BULLSHIT lineup to test some shit out, then leaves them in too long? . I'm tired of him. He's done a lot for the franchise but he's almost 70 fucking years old. NO man in his 70s should be coaching today..

GSH
06-29-2017, 05:21 PM
Now that Chris Paul is gone i don't think Griffin is going anywhere. His main issue was he hated CP3, with Paul gone and LAC likely offering him the max i don't see him going anywhere

I think you're probably right. Jerry West will be working the hell out of Griffin, and making it sound like the trade was his idea. Honestly, I'm not so sure the Clips won't be a better team this year, regardless of what happens in Houston. Those two big bastards making life miserable in the middle, and Beverly making life hard out on the perimeter? They are going to be a frustrating team to play against, I think.

TheDoctor
06-29-2017, 05:40 PM

Truth nukes.

Pavlov
06-29-2017, 05:41 PM
Truth nukes.Maybe nukes.

TheDoctor
06-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Maybe nukes.

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2017, 07:33 PM

I'm not sure why you keep saying this, tbh..

My primary objections have been against Chris Paul and paying full max deals for old players..my problem with Chris Paul has always been related to the money and contract length he was going to receive, since it's evident to anybody that has followed his case that his objective is to get a super max deal(and if not getting as much money and years as possible, then at least to position himself to get paid while having flexibility to form the banana boat squad)..he fucking rigged the CBA in his favor:lol

I don't have a problem with acquiring Millsap if he takes a discount, or at the very least, would be willing to take a short deal..there's a long list of players I would be fine with if they agree to a discount or a short-term deal..

My objection is paying big money and/or 5-year deals for old players..I don't want to pay 30 mil for Paul Millsap at age 36 or 40 mil to Chris Paul at age 37..however, I don't have a problem with those same players if they take discounts or shorter deals, because as I've been saying and you just echoed, nobody wants to play in SA..

Didn't we just go through this with Tony Parker's contract?

SAGirl
06-29-2017, 07:40 PM
Let me ask everyone for a simple or maybe a not so simple question... Why the media only seems to be mentioning Houston & Cleveland as suitors for any of the remaining Top free agents out there.. They talk like it is a foregone conclusion that only these 2 teams are in the mix for anyone else..
2ndly - Does anyone have an ideas who teams who have staked teams like a GoldenState or Cleveland can afford to afford to pay a all-star roster and look to add 1 more, when the spurs cannot even afford to resign a bench player in PMILLS. And we only have 1 superstar player in KL.

Would just like to know some of your theories on this.

Boston and Utah are around too.
Paul Goerge and Lakers may be a thing.
no rumors on the Spurs... except Millsap.
They can resign Patty if they want to but he has a 6.something mill cap hold which hurts them if they want to add a FA, and they already have a couple of PG prospects who can shoot that would take Patty's role if they can't resign him.
Also, Patty has not hidden his intent to test the FA market bc he wants to maximize his contract :greedy

OrEmuN
06-29-2017, 07:42 PM
Bullshit.
He is just worried that Murray will develop quickly and he will be accompanying Parker on the bench.

SAGirl
06-29-2017, 07:44 PM
Bullshit.
He is just worried that Murray will develop quickly and he will be accompanying Parker on the bench.

nah he's more worried about Patty Mills. known Patty Mills fan, which is fine tbh.

noles1983
06-29-2017, 07:49 PM

Jesus Christ your schtick is so fucking tiring. We get it, SA is a 3rd world city and nobody on Earth would ever want to live here. Fuck, say something intelligent or gtfo already. 37k posts and 36,900 have been stupid as fuck.

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2017, 07:54 PM
Jesus Christ your schtick is so fucking tiring. We get it, SA is a 3rd world city and nobody on Earth would ever want to live here. Fuck, say something intelligent or gtfo already. 37k posts and 36,900 have been stupid as fuck.

:lol sorry, buddy..it's Free Agency time, the city of San Antonio becomes a talking point..

apalisoc_9
06-29-2017, 07:58 PM

Saying San Antonio is a third world city and that nobody ever wants to live or play there is intelligent.

noles1983
06-29-2017, 08:00 PM
Saying San Antonio is a third world city and that nobody ever wants to live or play there is intelligent.

Sure, the first time its said perhaps.

GSH
06-29-2017, 08:35 PM

It's true. I used to live there, but I moved when they insisted I disconnect my indoor plumbing. Truly third world.

Tim, Manu, Bonner - all those guys all cheated on their SAT's. Manu didn't even take the SAT, but he still cheated because he wasn't intelligent. DRob was smart, but he never really wanted to play in SA.

You're like Einstein or something. :rolleyes

rastaspur
06-29-2017, 08:42 PM

Ouch. Tell Harlem how you really feel. I think you are holding back. :lol

rastaspur
06-29-2017, 08:44 PM
It's true. I used to live there, but I moved when they insisted I disconnect my indoor plumbing. Truly third world.

Tim, Manu, Bonner - all those guys all cheated on their SAT's. Manu didn't even take the SAT, but he still cheated because he wasn't intelligent. DRob was smart, but he never really wanted to play in SA.

You're like Einstein or something. :rolleyes

There is nothing wrong with shitting in a bucket. Plumbing is overrated.

Yuixafun
06-29-2017, 08:46 PM
He just wants that supermax 5 year deal, with no tax, and a punchers chance.

If he really wanted the best foundation to ring, it aint in the do or die.

ribcage6foot6
06-29-2017, 10:05 PM
He just wants that supermax 5 year deal, with no tax, and a punchers chance.

If he really wanted the best foundation to ring, it aint in the do or die.

Max Kellerman in the building.

DPG21920
06-29-2017, 10:36 PM
I would prefer SA try to target a player closer to Kawhi's age so they can legit grow together. I mean, I get you have to what you have to do and can only target who's available, but I would prefer someone a little closer to Kawhi's age if possible.

GSH
06-29-2017, 10:43 PM
I would prefer SA try to target a player closer to Kawhi's age so they can legit grow together. I mean, I get you have to what you have to do and can only target who's available, but I would prefer someone a little closer to Kawhi's age if possible.

It's really hard to get guys like that outside of the draft. Nobody much letting go of top-tier young guys. And even the good second-tier guys, you have to give up a good player and take on a bad contract.

Now, if they had taken a re-build year last season... :lol

dabom
06-29-2017, 10:44 PM
Any prime superstars in their mid 20's?

Uriel
06-30-2017, 01:38 AM
:pctoss

look_at_g_shred
06-30-2017, 08:41 AM

Kawhi

DPG21920
06-30-2017, 08:42 AM

I don't know if you will find superstars available (other than Paul George), but a guy like Jrue (in the PG search) is at least closer unlike CP3 & Lowry for example.

sammy
06-30-2017, 11:31 AM
Chris Paul is lying out of his ass! He was in collusion with the Rockets before free agency and this is his way of deflecting from that by blaming LMA and TP! Give me a break! He never had any intention of coming to the Spurs! Spurs will send them packing in the playoffs once again! I would like the Spurs to go after Milsap if they can get him.

Budkin
06-30-2017, 11:58 AM
bullshit. At the end of the day, Paul didn't want to fuck with Popovich cutting his stats down with 12 minute games at the end of the season and resting him for guranteed wins. Everyone talks that "popvoch is the greatest coach and I would love to play for him" bullshit, but nobody really wants to play for that mf. It just sounds good to say. Because he makes the games about him. He does silly shit during the games so people can talk about him in the post game and tactics he uses. How many times are we winning a a game by 20 and then he puts in the most BULLSHIT lineup to test some shit out, then leaves them in too long? . I'm tired of him. He's done a lot for the franchise but he's almost 70 fucking years old. NO man in his 70s should be coaching today..

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS/200w.gif

Horse
06-30-2017, 12:45 PM
You missed my point...compare the rosters as of TODAY..

There were too many moving parts and uncertainty with Spurs..

Maybe but I would think he would want LA gone after his playoffs.

TD 21
06-30-2017, 03:52 PM
I'm not sure why you keep saying this, tbh..

My primary objections have been against Chris Paul and paying full max deals for old players..my problem with Chris Paul has always been related to the money and contract length he was going to receive, since it's evident to anybody that has followed his case that his objective is to get a super max deal(and if not getting as much money and years as possible, then at least to position himself to get paid while having flexibility to form the banana boat squad)..he fucking rigged the CBA in his favor:lol

I don't have a problem with acquiring Millsap if he takes a discount, or at the very least, would be willing to take a short deal..there's a long list of players I would be fine with if they agree to a discount or a short-term deal..

My objection is paying big money and/or 5-year deals for old players..I don't want to pay 30 mil for Paul Millsap at age 36 or 40 mil to Chris Paul at age 37..however, I don't have a problem with those same players if they take discounts or shorter deals, because as I've been saying and you just echoed, nobody wants to play in SA..

Didn't we just go through this with Tony Parker's contract?

Obviously no one wants to give aging players (especially non superstar ones) bloated contracts, it's just the reality of the situation, if you want prominent players . . . and if you don't, for the umpteenth time, what's the alternative? They can either concede most or all of Leonard's prime to Warriors and risk losing him at some point or make the team as good as possible and hope for some breaks. You seem to be under this impression that just because they got lucky with Ginobili, Parker and Leonard, they'll have no trouble finding two other Hall-of-Fame sidekicks for Leonard picking in the late 20s/50s annually.

Parker fell off around 32 because he had the mileage of a player significantly older and was the prototypical type destined to not age well anyway. Not everyone is like that. Paul, for example, could age like Stockton, who never really plummeted until maybe his final season. If Spurs could have found a way to win a 6th championship before then though, whatever he'll have made in his final season would have been worth it.

Ozballer
06-30-2017, 04:06 PM
The Spurs are better served developing Murray and buying themselves an 18month window of Meh performances as opposed to picking emotionally fragile leaders (albeit GREAT talents) that WILL NOT deliver instant karma. They just need to be clever about bringing up the right players. Also, they need to stop assorting a Jurassic Park NBA type team and start unleashing youth on the court. This will bring some ugly results in the beginning but it will refresh the face of the team. Today it is too heavily skewed towards folk that can't bring the fire in the belly yet they of course have lots of experience and play professionally. As Kawhi will surprise us, yet again, in the new season with an ever bigger game (if that is at all possible by this INCREDIBLE player), a youth team will finally allow him not just to dominate the team but to also make it his OWN. And when that happens, the SPURS will ring again!

SASdynasty!
06-30-2017, 05:21 PM
How long have you been here? Everything's Parker's fault.

We would have won all 15 championships with CP3 instead of Parker. But we only won 4 with Parker and CP3 almost got to the WCF a couple times.

dabom
06-30-2017, 07:02 PM
Kawhi

We were talking about teaming up with kawhi.

dabom
06-30-2017, 07:02 PM
I don't know if you will find superstars available (other than Paul George), but a guy like Jrue (in the PG search) is at least closer unlike CP3 & Lowry for example.

What is RC doing then?