PDA

View Full Version : U.S. fertility rate just hit a historic low. demographers freakout

boutons_deux
06-30-2017, 11:57 AM
The United States is in the midst of what some worry is a baby crisis.

The number of women giving birth has been declining for years and just hit a historic low.

If the trend continues — and experts disagree on whether it will — the country could face economic and cultural turmoil.

According to provisional 2016 population data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday, the number of births fell 1 percent from a year earlier, bringing the general fertility rate to 62.0 births per 1,000 women ages 15 to 44.

The trend is being driven by a decline in birthrates for teens and 20-somethings.

The birthrate for women in their 30s and 40s increased — but not enough to make up for the lower numbers in their younger peers.

A country's birthrate is among the most important measures of demographic health.

The number needs to be within a certain range, called the “replacement level,” to keep a population stable so that it neither grows nor shrinks.

If too low, there's a danger that we wouldn't be able to replace the aging workforce and have enough tax revenue to keep the economy stable.

“It's about millennials,”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/06/30/the-u-s-fertility-rate-just-hit-a-historic-low-why-some-demographers-are-freaking-out/?utm_term=.73001d75fb16&wpisrc=nl_most-draw7&wpmm=1

Demographics is just another way America is fucked and unfuckable.

and the oligarchy blocks all state and Fed attempts paid and long-term maternal (paternal) leave, and makes the student debt problem worse, making sure indebted students are not attractive marriage partners, can't buy houses, cars, start families.

lebomb
06-30-2017, 12:03 PM
Well, this happens when same sex couples hook up. Kinda hard to make a kid when two dudes or two females have sex with each other. :rolleyes

boutons_deux
06-30-2017, 12:21 PM
Well, this happens when same sex couples hook up. Kinda hard to make a kid when two dudes or two females have sex with each other. :rolleyes

You Lie G F Y

benefactor
06-30-2017, 12:23 PM
Women in their teens/early 20's don't need to be popping out kids anyway. They don't even really know who they are yet...what business do they have trying to raise another person?

Adam Lambert
06-30-2017, 12:36 PM
lol is there anything these faggots wont blame on millennials?

Joseph Kony
06-30-2017, 12:37 PM
yeah that must be it, it couldnt be that millennials know about birth control and are less likely to have children because they are not financially able to these days, you dumb motherfucker

Adam Lambert
06-30-2017, 12:51 PM
theres not even enough good jobs out there for college educated millennials but now the economy is at risk because theyre not having enough kids?

god damn, boomers cannot die fast enough.

boutons_deux
06-30-2017, 12:53 PM
theres not even enough good jobs out there for college educated millennials but now the economy is at risk because theyre not having enough kids?

god damn, boomers cannot die fast enough.

the lack of good jobs is not the fault of millennials, but the oligarchical Capitalists' War on Labor, which they have won, but keep their weapons blaring.

and there plenty your hated boomers who have been and are still screwed by the oligarchy.

Reck
06-30-2017, 01:01 PM
What made them do this study? The Handmaid's Tale?

TSA
06-30-2017, 01:18 PM
The United States is in the midst of what some worry is a baby crisis.

The number of women giving birth has been declining for years and just hit a historic low.

If the trend continues — and experts disagree on whether it will — the country could face economic and cultural turmoil.

According to provisional 2016 population data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday, the number of births fell 1 percent from a year earlier, bringing the general fertility rate to 62.0 births per 1,000 women ages 15 to 44.

The trend is being driven by a decline in birthrates for teens and 20-somethings.

The birthrate for women in their 30s and 40s increased — but not enough to make up for the lower numbers in their younger peers.

A country's birthrate is among the most important measures of demographic health.

The number needs to be within a certain range, called the “replacement level,” to keep a population stable so that it neither grows nor shrinks.

If too low, there's a danger that we wouldn't be able to replace the aging workforce and have enough tax revenue to keep the economy stable.

“It's about millennials,”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/06/30/the-u-s-fertility-rate-just-hit-a-historic-low-why-some-demographers-are-freaking-out/?utm_term=.73001d75fb16&wpisrc=nl_most-draw7&wpmm=1

Demographics is just another way America is fucked and unfuckable.

and the oligarchy blocks all state and Fed attempts paid and long-term maternal (paternal) leave, and makes the student debt problem worse, making sure indebted students are not attractive marriage partners, can't buy houses, cars, start families.

Don't worry bouts I'm doing my part. Baby TSA due December 17th.

baseline bum
06-30-2017, 01:30 PM

Congrats man. :tu

TSA
06-30-2017, 01:32 PM
Congrats man. :tu
thanks man. found out on Father's day I'm having a boy :tu

Reck
06-30-2017, 01:41 PM

Congrats, bro.

Bonus points for no girl drama in the future.

Chucho
06-30-2017, 01:42 PM

Aug. 6th will be my one year anniversary in the Daddy's Club. Greatest feeling in the world! Congrats, boss!

spurraider21
06-30-2017, 01:43 PM
:bobo

Chucho
06-30-2017, 01:45 PM
And in regards to the topic at hand; this is a good thing. These kids today are just abhorrently stupid thanks to the great stripping away of education in public education, this isn't aimed at Millennials, this is just statistical fact and it's something they can actually say isn't their faults and be 100% right.

TSA
06-30-2017, 01:47 PM
Congrats, bro.

Bonus points for no girl drama in the future.thanks

I always felt I was destined to have a girl as payback for when I was younger with all the girls I fucked and left with broken hearts

TSA
06-30-2017, 01:48 PM
You won't see me around as much but I'll make sure to drop in now and then to lol at the Trump/Russia bullshit.

Chucho
06-30-2017, 01:51 PM
You won't see me around as much but I'll make sure to drop in now and then to lol at the Trump/Russia bullshit.

One of those 9 teams might find something to speculate on for another 6 months. We'll keep the light on.

spurraider21
06-30-2017, 01:53 PM
either TSA is really having a kid or it's just an elaborate plan to distance himself from the pizzagate thread

we'll need a full investigation

TSA
06-30-2017, 01:54 PM
One of those 9 teams might find something to speculate on for another 6 months. We'll keep the light on.

I'm guessing the investigations go on Trump's entire term and it won't come out there was nothing there until he's out of office.

TeyshaBlue
06-30-2017, 02:02 PM

Congrats! Do yourself a favor, when he turns 12 years old take him out to the backyard. Tell him "You're about to be a teenager. You know too much... You have to die. ". :lol

TSA
06-30-2017, 02:03 PM
either TSA is really having a kid or it's just an elaborate plan to distance himself from the pizzagate thread

we'll need a full investigation

It's real, and he's got a big dick just like his Poppa.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s679/thefuzzylumpkins/baby%20boy_zpsf2upcslt.jpg

spurraider21
06-30-2017, 02:22 PM
It's real, and he's got a big dick just like his Poppa.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s679/thefuzzylumpkins/baby%20boy_zpsf2upcslt.jpg
:lol

FuzzyLumpkins
06-30-2017, 02:23 PM
lol is there anything these faggots wont blame on millennials?

While blaming immigration at the same time. It's amusing I guess but its not good for our society.

TSA
06-30-2017, 04:14 PM
:lol

:lol seriously though it's fucking big for a 15 week old.

rmt
07-01-2017, 04:43 PM

Hahaha - wait till you first get sprayed by it :-) Congrats! I think there's nothing quite like mother(parent)hood.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-01-2017, 04:52 PM

Mine was big when I was born too.

But I have a second cousin (related by marriage, not blood) who was 2 years old and had a small button the size of a Bing cherry for a weiner... so it varies.

sickdsm
07-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Judging by my thorough investigation of looking around in my circle in our age group, 37 and 32, I'd say its about economics. Middle class has become a rat race. The ones having lots of kids are mainly the welfare, snap, fuel assistance, wic, etc.... group. They also don't seem to do much for extras for their kids, swim lessons, boy scouts, etc. It doesn't matter whether its free or costs extra.