PDA

View Full Version : Trump reviving mercantilism

FuzzyLumpkins
06-30-2017, 04:30 PM
For months, the Trump administration had been unable to settle on a coherent trade policy on everything from NAFTA to steel imports. It’s a result of the continuing tug of war between the administration’s "America First" advisers and advocates of a more global approach that pays heed to U.S. allies. The administration has been debating the issue behind closed doors for months, including in a high-level meeting this week with the president.

The tension among Trump's aides appears to be easing, however. The president's advisers are coalescing around a tailored approach that would target the steel imports of individual countries, rather than across-the-board measures against every nation that sends steel to the U.S., according to two sources familiar with the discussions.

The administration’s more narrow approach is meant to allay the concerns of U.S. allies like Canada and the European Union, which together make up a large share of the steel imported in the U.S. Leaders from such trading partners have sharply criticized invoking national security as a means to erect trade barriers, which is one approach the administration is considering.

Yet even a tailored tariff or trade restriction could nonetheless prompt a targeted nation to attack a vital U.S. export and eventually lead to a trade war.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/30/trump-america-first-trade-plan-clash-240123

AaronY
06-30-2017, 04:34 PM
The horror!

FuzzyLumpkins
06-30-2017, 05:24 PM
The horror!

You spend way too much time claiming you don't care. Are you Darrin's alt cause you act a lot like him.

Personally I don't like the idea of prices going up because Trump starts a trade war. It was one of the major contributors to the instability in 19th century economies. We were supposed to learn our lesson a century ago.

spurraider21
06-30-2017, 05:43 PM
i think we can all agree that fuzzy is awful at guessing alts

FuzzyLumpkins
06-30-2017, 05:51 PM
I think we can all agree that spurraider sucks at determining sarcasm.

TSA
06-30-2017, 06:06 PM

Sarcasm aside, you are by far the worst at guessing alts.

spurraider21
06-30-2017, 06:21 PM
i still remember when i "outed" myself as some posters from a forum i've never heard about :lol

SnakeBoy
06-30-2017, 06:21 PM

He thinks I'm Yoni lol

FuzzyLumpkins
06-30-2017, 06:26 PM
He thinks I'm Yoni lol

You said you were Yoni more than a year ago.

DarrinS
06-30-2017, 06:29 PM
This went well :lol

TSA
06-30-2017, 06:44 PM
i still remember when i "outed" myself as some posters from a forum i've never heard about :lol

:lol I remember det one

FuzzyLumpkins
06-30-2017, 07:50 PM
You guys sure are determined to discourage me from speculating on alt accounts and deflect from Trump's shitty policy.

Trump is trying to start a trade war and you pukes are hung up on ole Fuzzy.

DarrinS
06-30-2017, 07:52 PM
You guys sure are determined to discourage me from speculating on alt accounts and deflect from Trump's shitty policy.

Trump is trying to start a trade war and you pukes are hung up on ole Fuzzy.

My only alt is AntiChrist with satanic Obama avatar. :lol

baseline bum
06-30-2017, 08:32 PM
My only alt is AntiChrist with satanic Obama avatar. :lol

You'll never guess my alt tbh

DarrinS
06-30-2017, 08:36 PM
You'll never guess my alt tbh

Pavlov?

baseline bum
06-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Pavlov?

Nah my alt had like two posts :lol

DarrinS
06-30-2017, 09:35 PM

:lol

baseline bum
06-30-2017, 09:39 PM
:lol

Well I said you wouldn't figure it out :lol

January Romo

Wish I hadn't lost the password so I could have given it to someone in the NFL Forum

spurraider21
06-30-2017, 09:40 PM
that rules out ChumpDumper

baseline bum
06-30-2017, 09:41 PM

I'm his alt

SnakeBoy
06-30-2017, 09:53 PM
You said you were Yoni more than a year ago.

:lol I had no recollection of that but that you believed it is funny. Here's how that went...

It's so cute. You can see Yoni looking at the page and then Snakeboy posts. I don't know that they are the same but between that and them posting the exact same takes, I do wonder.

I found 10 very wrong statements from scientists so the work of all the tens of thousand of scientists worldwide are invalidated.

My Yoni persona no longer posts. I...He made a thread about it.

No we don't all agree on that :lol

spurraider21
06-30-2017, 09:56 PM
:lol... and i think he meant "detecting sarcasm" not determining.

TSA
06-30-2017, 10:23 PM

:rollin I think that's one he pegged me as arguing with myself non stop :rollin

SnakeBoy
06-30-2017, 11:02 PM

I'll admit I'm not very good at it either. I used to think Th'Pusher was a Fuzzy alt because he was posting pics from a photobucket account called TheFuzzyLumpkins. Then I noticed TSA was also posting pics from a photobucket account called TheFuzzyLumpkins and I thought well that would be too weird so I gave up trying to figure out who was who's alt. I just accepted the possibility that there might be entire threads of the same person arguing with themselves.

AaronY
07-01-2017, 05:44 AM
I always felt Jean-Baptiste Colbert was underrated and easily a top five mercantilist myself tbh

TSA
07-01-2017, 10:00 AM
I'll admit I'm not very good at it either. I used to think Th'Pusher was a Fuzzy alt because he was posting pics from a photobucket account called TheFuzzyLumpkins. Then I noticed TSA was also posting pics from a photobucket account called TheFuzzyLumpkins and I thought well that would be too weird so I gave up trying to figure out who was who's alt. I just accepted the possibility that there might be entire threads of the same person arguing with themselves.

I have that named as my photobucket account, but I think you are confused thinking Th'Pusher has the same.

tlongII
07-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Pavlov?

That's Random Guy's alt.

SnakeBoy
07-01-2017, 03:09 PM
I have that named as my photobucket account, but I think you are confused thinking Th'Pusher has the same.

That's possible. I used to get Baseline bum and MannyisGod confused all the time.