Nathan89
07-01-2017, 02:14 AM
In his first year. Sad.

6ft sg:lol
Over double the price of livingston:lol
Short bus team leader:lol

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 02:16 AM
Too bad White will ride the bench behind Fatty then get benched entirely once TP comes back "better than ever" no matter how good he may or may not be. :lol

Wasted pick.

Nathan89
07-01-2017, 02:20 AM
Too bad he'll ride the bench behind Fatty then get benched entirely once TP comes back better than ever no matter how good he might be. :lol

Wasted pick.
FO squandering our talent for Mills. :bang

Chris
07-01-2017, 02:24 AM
:pop:: "This season is not for Derrick."

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2017, 02:25 AM
Derrick White will be 27 years old when Pity Mills' contract runs out. Sad!

objective
07-01-2017, 02:26 AM
I don't doubt it.

But we'll never see it.

Everyone who values 'culture' over title contention, tonight's your night!

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2017, 02:29 AM
Dejounte Murray and Derrick White will be great next season..... for the Austin Spurs

Spurs paying the towel guy $50,000,000 :lmao The Holt family must be furious they can't fire the drunk running the team because his reputation (made by Duncan and Presti) makes him untouchable

Nathan89
07-01-2017, 02:34 AM
Spurs paying the towel guy $50,000,000 :lmao

:lmao

spurraider21
07-01-2017, 02:35 AM
Dejounte Murray and Derrick White will be great next season..... for the Austin Spurs

Spurs paying the towel guy $50,000,000 :lmao The Holt family must be furious they can't fire the drunk running the team because his reputation (made by Duncan and Presti) makes him untouchable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzpXr4JnA8E

duncan2k5
07-01-2017, 02:49 AM
Sigh...our front office has become senile, I'm afraid...

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2017, 02:50 AM
^ Jesus fucking Christ.

Kawhi's prime

https://68.media.tumblr.com/9e9119d75858ecd7059b7dd6a7a75681/tumblr_o9g03mserT1tjdit7o1_500.gif

99 Problems
07-01-2017, 03:58 AM
:lol Waiting for the 'Doug White should just leave if PATFO don't put top F/A talent around him' thread. In 3,2,1 :lol ST

cutewizard
07-01-2017, 05:37 AM
:bang

cjw
07-01-2017, 05:40 AM
If he is better than Mills in year 1, we have a draft steal on our hands and the Spurs can easily offload Patty's contract for value. Not saying they will, but they can.

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 05:46 AM
If he is better than Mills in year 1, we have a draft steal on our hands and the Spurs can easily offload Patty's contract for value. Not saying they will, but they can.
By the time he gets playing time, TP will be back to eat up all his minutes and some of Murray's. :lol

ceperez
07-01-2017, 05:47 AM
In his first year. Sad.

6ft sg:lol
Over double the price of livingston:lol
Short bus team leader:lol

Livingston definitely acquired on the cheap here. Perhaps Spurs tried, but after he signed, they went with next option.

ceperez
07-01-2017, 05:48 AM
White shooting style does remind me of Mills, but at 6'5" he definitely can be better.

urunobili
07-01-2017, 07:00 AM
Needs to get over himself...

BackHome
07-01-2017, 03:25 PM
wrong player

ceperez
07-01-2017, 03:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdhkxhwdufY

SAGirl
09-29-2017, 01:53 PM
I am going to necropost here bc talk about Derrick has died down outside of Chinook (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=37557).... and this guy had a bold, bold prediction.

Anyways here's Danny stating rook White reminds him of himself!! :wow

Chinook
09-29-2017, 01:58 PM
Danny stating rook White reminds him of himself!! :wow

Damn, there goes any hope for White's PG prospects

SAGirl
09-29-2017, 02:17 PM
Damn, there goes any hope for White's PG prospects
Hmm I immediately thought he's going to the dleague and is going to be buried by Pop until he figures out what he wants him to be. I hope he does have Danny's fate and not Kyle's fate. To be versatile not necessarily a plus for Pop. He needs to find a niche pronto. We might not see what it is until next season... unless the roof is on fire you know! :lol

TheGreatYacht
09-29-2017, 02:19 PM
Such a shame Derrick white has poor work ethic and will never improve. Sad!

Chinook
09-29-2017, 02:23 PM
Hmm I immediately thought he's going to the dleague and is going to be buried by Pop until he figures out what he wants him to be. I hope he does have Danny's fate and not Kyle's fate. To be versatile not necessarily a plus for Pop. He needs to find a niche pronto. We might not see what it is until next season... unless the roof is on fire you know! :lol

I don't see why White would go to the d-league. He doesn't have a ton to work on. Sure, he still has things he could do to get better, but he already has his NBA body and a pretty complete game. With Murray green and Mills limited, he seems like a good candidate for that fifth-guard role.

Seventyniner
09-29-2017, 02:34 PM
Anyways here's Danny stating rook White reminds him of himself!! :wow

Clearly White's skillset is quite different from Danny's. And Danny's attitude early in the league was actually a real problem. I can't see any comparison between the two being positive.

Chinook
09-29-2017, 02:41 PM
Clearly White's skillset is quite different from Danny's. And Danny's attitude early in the league was actually a real problem. I can't see any comparison between the two being positive.

White is supposedly a good defender and shooter. I theorized that they drafted White to be Green 2.0, so it's possible they have him working on those skills right now rather than PG skills. If that's the case, Green would probably see things that remind him of his early practices.

SAGirl
09-29-2017, 02:42 PM
I don't see why White would go to the d-league. He doesn't have a ton to work on. Sure, he still has things he could do to get better, but he already has his NBA body and a pretty complete game. With Murray green and Mills limited, he seems like a good candidate for that fifth-guard role.

We shall see. This is Danny talking not some coach so I can be way off getting misled by Danny. But Danny led me to believe White is still looking for a role to play. (I believe all guys are developing at different paces anyways until they are around 27-28 when they tend to peak, but it was the having to find a role statement that threw me off).

SAGirl
09-29-2017, 02:46 PM
White is supposedly a good defender and shooter. I theorized that they drafted White to be Green 2.0, so it's possible they have him working on those skills right now rather than PG skills. If that's the case, Green would probably see things that remind him of his early practices. I think that's a good assessment too.
It makes sense that they need another perimeter defender right away with JSimms departure and focus on defense for White could be paramount. Danny's understudy?

Chinook
09-29-2017, 02:49 PM
I think that's a good assessment too.
It makes sense that they need another perimeter defender right away with JSimms departure and focus on defense for White could be paramount. Danny's understudy?

He does block a lot of shots.

Seventyniner
09-29-2017, 03:26 PM
White is supposedly a good defender and shooter. I theorized that they drafted White to be Green 2.0, so it's possible they have him working on those skills right now rather than PG skills. If that's the case, Green would probably see things that remind him of his early practices.

You know more about White than I do. I thought he was going to be a combo guard rather than a full-time 2.

It would have been funny to have the Spurs sign Wade, they would have three of the best shot-blocking SGs in the league.

Chinook
09-29-2017, 03:33 PM
You know more about White than I do. I thought he was going to be a combo guard rather than a full-time 2.

It would have been funny to have the Spurs sign Wade, they would have three of the best shot-blocking SGs in the league.

I'm just going off RC saying they were most excited about White's defensive an athletic ceiling and him playing almost exclusively as a wing in the summer league, which as my pal ceds knows is absolutely definitive. I don't think he has the same defensive ceiling as Green, as his arms are shorter. That affects his ability to get chase-down blocks. But he should still be able to guard three positions well if he play better.

dabom
09-29-2017, 04:39 PM
OP :lmao

Chinook
09-29-2017, 04:44 PM
Derrick White will be 27 years old when Pity Mills' contract runs out. Sad!

:pop: "Derrick White will only be 27 years old when Pity Mills' contract runs out. Great!"

TD 21
09-29-2017, 05:40 PM
It was clear from the jump, that they didn't draft White to be a PG. Couldn't have, with Parker, Mills and Murray, entrenched.

Next season or whenever Ginobili retires, White will be in competition with Murray (who'd play PG on offense) and Paul for backup SG minutes. Long term, they're obviously hoping Murray develops into a starting PG and White the backup SG.

Chinook
09-29-2017, 06:29 PM
It was clear from the jump, that they didn't draft White to be a PG. Couldn't have, with Parker, Mills and Murray, entrenched.

Next season or whenever Ginobili retires, White will be in competition with Murray (who'd play PG on offense) and Paul for backup SG minutes. Long term, they're obviously hoping Murray develops into a starting PG and White the backup SG.

The Spurs usually attack with surplus. They have a guard problem right now, just as they did in 2012, just like they have a wing problem until like 2011. I think they have high hopes for Murray, but they don't consider him as having filled a need yet. And I don't disagree that White's skill-set suits him more as a sixth man than anything else. But Murray could also be a future partner for Mills who can come in and play with White as well. They are going to duke it out, as that's the best way to fill the hole given the minimal resources they've spent on it.

ceds
10-01-2017, 06:11 PM
i just checked brogden's summer league 2016 stats.

He was terrible in 2 games & didn't blow anyone away in the other 3 which gives me some hope with white.

if he can't hold down a small rotation spot (8 mins?) minimum as a polished rookie i think that will be a Reg Flag.

Like DJ we need to find out sooner rather then later if white is going to be a long term running mate during Kawhi's prime.

Bertan's (i think) has won Pop over as a long term piece on the team (Bonner role at worst) and the spurs will do their best to keep him when the time comes imo.

Anderson is the guy i have no clue about.....i agree with many that he should start the season because if he can shoot he's a necessary piece to have in a G/S & OCK series but if he's still hesitating and he cant stretch the floor (i.e defenders still leaving him & baiting us to pass) then how much time should he be given before enough is enough going with another option (Gay/Bertan's)?. I hope Kyle come out swinging and just fire's away with no conscience....his career is on the line basically and its what we need to see from him so what's he have to lose (aside from millions of dollars :lol)? If not i'd go in another direction by Feb at the latest.

ceds
10-01-2017, 06:49 PM
I also don't necessarily think the Green presser means that White is regulated to just the 2 spot this season.

I take it as Green has officially been given the "Mentor" role to White. Makes sense as they are both 4 year college players and my projection for White is an elite level role player (Just like Green) in a best case scenario.

I expect that if white can run any P&R whatsoever at the pro level like he did in college then he will have some opportunities to do the same in game.....as for a real pg....no....

ceds
10-01-2017, 08:31 PM
BTW is the OP a troll or is that his legit take?

John B
10-01-2017, 09:21 PM
This. He doesn't necessarily need to be versatile but need to be Green's understudy. Green has made a career as a 3 and D.

SAGirl
10-01-2017, 09:47 PM
This. He doesn't necessarily need to be versatile but need to be Green's understudy. Green has made a career as a 3 and D.
Yes. He might be more versatile offensively than Danny. I saw him in a couple of drives and he has a better handle than Danny did at comparable age, but I am guessing Pop wants to see him play and see what he does really well to fit him in the system. They may just not know much about how he will play at this level. I don't know enough about him yet. He didn't look lost though. He looked pretty solid for a rookie.

SAGirl
12-11-2017, 07:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=PAZRXH-XpCo

nice game. highlights include both offense and defense.

dabom
12-11-2017, 09:04 PM
OP :lmao

Fucking porker fluffer. :lmao

hater
12-11-2017, 09:16 PM
Even a double deckr fatburgr is better than mills

TheGreatYacht
12-11-2017, 10:04 PM
I'm convinced. He is, indeed, better than Fatty Mills.

TimDunkem
12-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Even a double deckr fatburgr is better than mills
Is it? I was under the impression that they're the same thing.

Nathan89
03-12-2018, 09:28 PM
I hate to be that guy, but...

BatManu20
03-12-2018, 09:29 PM
OP with the truth nukes tbh

K...
03-12-2018, 09:32 PM
Too bad White will ride the bench behind Fatty then get benched entirely once TP comes back "better than ever" no matter how good he may or may not be. :lol

Wasted pick.

damn this too.....but no credit for op because Mills is a d league level talent being paid for the patina of corporate knowledge , air bud is a smarter basketball player than fatty tank

Keepin' it real
03-12-2018, 09:37 PM
He's pretty good when Spurs down by 20. Maybe he's the next Matt Bonner?

Atl Spur
03-12-2018, 09:42 PM
He's pretty good when Spurs down by 20. Maybe he's the next Matt Bonner?

He’s a good ball player; just need seasoning/confidence. Has a silent killer disposition .......

Chinook
03-12-2018, 09:44 PM
I am really starting to think that White would be the best starting PG on the team. Can score from anywhere. Doesn't make mistakes. Can defend the position as well as switch. Can play on and off the ball. Doesn't need a cascade of lineup changes to fit into the starting unit.

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2018, 09:44 PM
Did that neckbeard dabom 's internet go out again? It always happens at times like these

picnroll
03-12-2018, 09:45 PM
White >>>>>>> Fatty

keithington1
03-12-2018, 09:49 PM
White> Patty Paul Bryn

8FOR!3
03-12-2018, 09:56 PM
I am really starting to think that White would be the best starting PG on the team. Can score from anywhere. Doesn't make mistakes. Can defend the position as well as switch. Can play on and off the ball. Doesn't need a cascade of lineup changes to fit into the starting unit.

Well he is two and a half years older than Murray so I would expect him to be more NBA ready at this point. So consider we drafted him as a rookie it's a bit strange he isn't getting more a chance over Murray bc he's the less green prospect. He's a decent enough athlete and he's less wiry than Murray even though he's also less athletic. Still though there's not a lot of 6'4 PGs in the NBA that can shoot like White can. I'd consider giving him the starting job for the rest of the year. Murray can continue to play decent minutes and improve but we basically know what we have out of him at this point until he continues to improve.

Nathan89
03-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Would be nice to have someone that could switch on defense. Switch on Curry, Thompson, and Dray a lot better than any of the other options.

Apparently a 23yo with skill is less worthy of playing time than a 21yo with no skills.

cd98
03-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Are we acknowledging that holding up Patty as a comp is a low standard or are we justifying paying White $50 mil in two years?

K...
03-12-2018, 10:07 PM
probably best to let Murray try to fill the simmons roll of 6th man. Of course that's hoping green or someone close in talent is at the 2 (kawhi maybe?)

Nathan89
03-12-2018, 10:08 PM
Well he is two and a half years older than Murray so I would expect him to be more NBA ready at this point. So consider we drafted him as a rookie it's a bit strange he isn't getting more a chance over Murray bc he's the less green prospect. He's a decent enough athlete and he's less wiry than Murray even though he's also less athletic. Still though there's not a lot of 6'4 PGs in the NBA that can shoot like White can. I'd consider giving him the starting job for the rest of the year. Murray can continue to play decent minutes and improve but we basically know what we have out of him at this point until he continues to improve.

Pop isn't ending the Murray experiment even if he thinks White is significantly better. He'll wait till we are getting completely fucking by shitty pg play in the playoffs to even consider playing him. He did the same thing to Splitter in 2011. All of a sudden when Memphis had our big bent over grabbing their ankles Pop decides it's time to start Splitter.

MaNu4Tres
03-12-2018, 10:13 PM
Pop isn't ending the Murray experiment even if he thinks White is significantly better. He'll wait till we are getting completely fucking by shitty pg play in the playoffs to even consider playing him. He did the same thing to Splitter in 2011. All of a sudden when Memphis had our big bent over grabbing their ankles Pop decides it's time to start Splitter.

Murray and White should be playing over Tony & Patty. Don't know why its a White or Murray thing. Should be a White or Patty thing tbh.

SAGirl
03-12-2018, 10:14 PM
I figure Pop is giving Dijon his chance this year. It's obvious Pop likes Dijon.
Not much has been said on Whites behalf it's almost like he's been hidden away. But the Spurs can play them together and Manu will likely retire, and no one knows whether Danny comes back. They will have guard minutes available... The sad aspect is that White likely could have played more this year if Pop wasn't playing politics with the established vets. (Don't know if Forbes will come back either)

Nathan89
03-12-2018, 10:16 PM
Murray and White should be playing over Tony & Patty. Don't know why its a White or Murray thing. Should be a White or Patty thing tbh.

Agreed. I just don't see much potential in Murray and recognize that 50Mills need to play so he can play himself into a trade with some idiot franchise.

sasaint
03-12-2018, 10:19 PM

Murray would take the ball out of White's hands more than I would like.

MaNu4Tres
03-12-2018, 10:20 PM

Only when numbers are there in transition. Murray has been off the ball more than w ball in halfcourt this year.

Blackjack
03-12-2018, 10:22 PM

My mucca. :tu

sasaint
03-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Only when numbers are there in transition. Murray has been off the ball more than w ball in halfcourt this year.

Huh? I don't know where to find the stat, but he plays on the ball more to my eyes, and when he is off the ball he is no threat.

DAF86
03-12-2018, 10:29 PM
I'm all for starting White over Murray. But DJ should be the backup.

Send the midgets to the doghouse. Start the modernball movement already.

White, Green, Kawhi, Bertans, Aldridge.

Murray, Manu, Gay, Anderson, Gasol.

All guys 6'5" or taller. Positionless basketball.

Blackjack
03-12-2018, 10:34 PM
If a young Tony could play off Manu, there's no reason Murray can't pay off White.

Different players in their overall attributes, but Murray - like a young Parker - would be better off playing downhill in the halfcourt off of a better playmaker.

sasaint
03-12-2018, 10:49 PM
If a young Tony could play off Manu, there's no reason Murray can't pay off White.

Different players in their overall attributes, but Murray - like a young Parker - would be better off playing downhill in the halfcourt off of a better playmaker.

One of those guys went to the bench.

Assuming Kawhi and LMA both return, I don't think I would like Murray and White both in the lineup, too - not if I wanted White to be a PG.

Blackjack
03-12-2018, 11:10 PM

Assuming Kawhi and LMA both return, I don't think I would like Murray and White both in the lineup, too - not if I wanted White to be a PG.

Not in a closing lineup.

It can be done.

MaNu4Tres
03-12-2018, 11:19 PM
My mucca. :tu

My mucca

:hat:hat

objective
03-12-2018, 11:29 PM

That only happened because bench players dogged it to scam their way into the starting lineup. Hedo, Barry, Finley.

If any of them actually as hard off the bench like Manu then Pop never gets suckered into bringing Manu off the bench.

Manu had a great chance at finals MVP in 2005 as a starter. If not for the thigh bruise he probably wins it.

Stabula
03-13-2018, 12:09 AM
That only happened because bench players dogged it to scam their way into the starting lineup. Hedo, Barry, Finley.

If any of them actually as hard off the bench like Manu then Pop never gets suckered into bringing Manu off the bench.

Manu had a great chance at finals MVP in 2005 as a starter. If not for the thigh bruise he probably wins it.

Anyone who remembers that series knows Manu was the true FMVP

spursistan
03-13-2018, 06:53 AM
HE.ALREADY.IS

BillMc
03-13-2018, 08:33 AM

sasaint
03-13-2018, 11:26 AM

That's not exactly how I remember things. At any rate, however Pop landed on that lineup change, the result was excellence for the Spurs with one extremely dynamic ball handler on each unit.

TD 21
03-13-2018, 04:27 PM
I figure Pop is giving Dijon his chance this year. It's obvious Pop likes Dijon.
Not much has been said on Whites behalf it's almost like he's been hidden away. But the Spurs can play them together and Manu will likely retire, and no one knows whether Danny comes back. They will have guard minutes available... The sad aspect is that White likely could have played more this year if Pop wasn't playing politics with the established vets. (Don't know if Forbes will come back either)

I think Pop likes Murray's physical tools, confidence and leadership. The problem is, he has no foundational offensive skill that they can build off of. He's a terrible shooter, finisher, ball handler for his position and has below average vision/passing for it too. He's also not that explosive off the dribble, though the lack of a jumper and weak handle doesn't help.

Something has to give with this back court because not only is it terrible, but the pieces don't even fit. They only have a path to a rotation spot for White, if they inexplicably lose Green and don't replace him with another starter. Despite the recent trend, I can't imagine they view Mills as that or him and Parker together for roughly 20 mpg as tenable long term either.

objective
03-13-2018, 10:05 PM
White just played himself inactive against the Magic by showing up the other guards last night by daring to play well.

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2018, 10:06 PM
White just played himself inactive against the Magic by showing up the other guards last night by daring to play well.

:lol

SAGirl
03-13-2018, 10:33 PM
:pop: the audacity!!!
:bang
Going to cherry pick: Brandon Paul= 12 minutes.. 0 pts,nothing no stats... Just a body...

Snaq O'Meal
03-14-2018, 04:02 AM

Showing up the other guards is one thing. His biggest sin was exposing how wrong Poop was.

LittleCriminal
03-14-2018, 05:04 AM
The Audacity!!
Going to cherry pick: Shit Pile Kyle = 27 minutes 8pts this season averaging nothing no stats... Just a body..

objective
03-31-2018, 06:09 PM
G-League playoffs, western conference semifinals Monday at 6:00 for Austin. Single elimination until the finals which is best of 3.

tholdren
03-31-2018, 06:15 PM

Because murray cant play the 1.

palangi
04-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Because murray cant play the 1.

Do you not like Murray

BackHome
04-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Pop does some stupid shit like keeping Bonner all those years and this year not playing White. The dude should be our number two easily and yes a case could be as starter. But Pop is not about winning Playoffs anymore it’s all Politics bullshit and working on his legacy. A sad day for Spurs fans

sananspursfan21
10-10-2018, 11:55 AM
Bump.

Showtime!

JeffDuncan
10-10-2018, 12:31 PM
Re the thread title, we are going to find out.

BackHome
10-10-2018, 03:17 PM
Yep White is going to be starting I am hoping for good things from him.

dabom
10-10-2018, 03:31 PM
Dude was losing minutes to Forbes.:lmao

SAGirl
10-10-2018, 03:42 PM
This man may be starting games all season. After barely getting out of the doghouse last season his time has come in dramatic fashion. Wish him the best. If he can’t do it well, Spurs may be toast.

BackHome
10-10-2018, 03:55 PM
For me I think it’s essential to find out what we have in White and Metu as we have two first rounders woud hate to spend it on a position we don’t need.

emanueldavidginobili
10-10-2018, 05:01 PM
I’m glad Pop is throwing white in the fire, it should be a huge confidence booster for White. Really am pulling for this kid

tesseractive
10-10-2018, 06:00 PM
For me I think it’s essential to find out what we have in White and Metu as we have two first rounders woud hate to spend it on a position we don’t need.
Metu is way too raw. "What we have" is a guy who can jump out of the gym, but who needs to work with the coaching staff in Austin for a year or two to develop and solidify some NBA-level tools.

sananspursfan21
10-10-2018, 08:57 PM
He looks like he’s passing the stats test. 15 pts 6 rebs. Only 3 assists but at least just one turnover. I didn’t watch the game though so I dunno if his stats are empty or what

paperboy77
10-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Dude had 2 blocks as well. He finished the game too. I think he played very well just needs to continue to build confidence and believe he belongs. Gets a B from me. Pop too for sticking with him.

MaNu4Tres
10-11-2018, 01:48 AM
I’m glad Pop is throwing white in the fire, it should be a huge confidence booster for White. Really am pulling for this kid

Long fucking overdue. Should have done it a year ago and let Mills walk.

r0drig0lac
10-11-2018, 05:34 AM
Long fucking overdue. Should have done it a year ago and let Mills walk.

agree

ceperez
10-11-2018, 06:21 AM
Dude had 2 blocks as well. He finished the game too. I think he played very well just needs to continue to build confidence and believe he belongs. Gets a B from me. Pop too for sticking with him.

Those are decent stats for a guard. I'm just happy that he only got one turnover! Honestly, Derozon and White should be a decent back court. Let White bring it up and have Derozan facilitate the offense.

White is a much more deadly offensive threat than Murray.

His defense isn't elite like Murray, but its decent enough to get two blocks.

weeks
10-11-2018, 06:56 AM
made a gutsy floater at the end of the game.
i like the kid. i'm rootin for him and his unfortunate orthodontics

jermaine
10-11-2018, 08:00 AM
I let White run my 2nd unit on 2k.

kobyz
10-11-2018, 08:06 AM
Dude is like 25yo if not now there is no after...

RD2191
10-11-2018, 11:43 AM
White looks like trash tbh