PDA

View Full Version : Free-Agency 2017

Blackjack
07-01-2017, 03:41 PM
It needs some jaffies

https://youtu.be/K6WaImbjvTE

cd98
07-01-2017, 03:43 PM
I've just wAiting for all the teams to eat their meat so Spurs can get their scraps.

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 03:50 PM
We don't need FA's. We have our Big 3.

A glimpse into the future:

http://i.imgur.com/ujkGigD.jpg

Blackjack
07-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Built, not bought! :lol

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Built, not bought! :lol
Culture before titles! :lol

Blackjack
07-01-2017, 03:59 PM
In fairness, I wasn't sold on CP3, PG, or much of the others really moving the needle enough. But PATFO need to get to work.

They've got Kawhi for 2 more years, they need to show something - Pop ain't going to be around much longer, and he and their history is the only real draw to SA after Kawhi (and even that looks pretty questionable).

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 04:01 PM
In fairness, I wasn't sold on CP3, PG, or much of the others really moving the needle enough. But PATFO need to get to work.

They've got Kawhi for 2 more years, they need to show something - Pop ain't going to be around much longer, and he and their history is the only real draw to SA after Kawhi (and even that looks pretty questionable).
Wouldn't blame Kawhi if he bolts with Russ and PG13 back to Cali if PATFO doesn't stop putting around the same past their prime fucks around him.

Blackjack
07-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Wouldn't blame Kawhi if he bolts with Russ and PG13 back to Cali if PATFO doesn't stop putting around the same past their prime fucks around him.

True. I'm starting to see D-Rob-type years on the horizon - unbelievable individual talent dragging poor supporting-casts to relevancy, only to get shit on for not doing enough.

SpursforSix
07-01-2017, 04:06 PM

To be fair, LMA wasn't much past his prime. He just turned out to be a big pussy.

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 04:07 PM
To be fair, LMA wasn't much past his prime. He just turned out to be a big pussy.
And he's still here because he's a cancer...But culture and chemistry!!

Blackjack
07-01-2017, 04:20 PM
There was nothing about LMA that said "Spur," and maybe they didn't go after free-agency hard at the top because of it. It was a deviation in the philosophy they espouse, the one they give all their success credit. They gambled on talent - which I can't fault, completely.

Don't know that there's a way around taking a step back when you're in win-now mode for so long. Hard to plan for the future, your horses will eventually get old.

Luck has a lot to do with it. Not only do you need stars, you need the right star(s). The Spurs have been blessed beyond words.

sasaint
07-01-2017, 04:55 PM

They've got Kawhi for 2 more years, they need to show something - Pop ain't going to be around much longer, and he and their history is the only real draw to SA after Kawhi (and even that looks pretty lquestionable).

I agree - mostly about CP3 and PG and also GHill. But I think some of PATFO's moves are because they are thinking ahead to Kawhi's free agency. When a single player is going to cost 35-40% of a +/- $100MM cap, you are a little handcuffed. I am not a fan of RC or Pop, and I anticipate their eventual departure with very mixed emotions. I do not believe they have been proactive enough over thenTimmy years in developing young talent. And I have no clue what they are up to with all the PGs they are stockpiling. But even if we had a bunch of guys with their Bird rights, how much over the cap do you think RC and Pop would be willing to spend here in San Antonio? The big markets teams that learn to game this system should always fare better than SA, which relies more heavily on "home town discounts" than any team I know of.

Blackjack
07-01-2017, 05:11 PM
I agree - mostly about CP3 and PG and also GHill. But I think some of PATFO's moves are because they are thinking ahead to Kawhi's free agency. When a single player is going to cost 35-40% of a +/- cap, you are a little handcuffed. I am not a fan of RC or Pop, and I anticipate their eventual departure with very mixed emotions. I do not believe they have been proactive enough over thenTimmy years in developing young talent. And I have no clue what they are up to with all the PGs they are stockpiling. But even if we had a bunch of guys with their Bird rights, how much over the cap do you think RC and Pop would be willing to spend here in San Antonio? The big markets teams that learn to game this system should always fare better than SA, which relies more heavily on "home town discounts" than any team I know of.

Unless something unheard of slapped them in the face, they probably should have dedicated this year to development and signed some guys that had some upside on the cheap - it's not like they wouldn't win another 50 games and got some run in the playoffs.

Not a fan of the Patty signing. It's not atrocious, still seems like a moveable contract, but it's hard for me to see them moving him - and the longer he's with the Spurs, the less likely it would seem to be.

I am a fan of the Simmons signing, though. Feel like they gave up on Jack because the way Jarren Jackson turned out (even if the pursuit of Kidd played its part), but I think Simmons has the right type of make-up to be worth the investment.

SpursforSix
07-01-2017, 07:06 PM
And he's still here because he's a cancer...But culture and chemistry!!

Don't forget loyalty. That's big.

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Don't forget loyalty. That's big.
He even unfollowed the Spurs on fucking Twitter. That's loyalty. :cry

SpursforSix
07-01-2017, 07:10 PM
He even unfollowed the Spurs on fucking Twitter. That's loyalty. :cry

He's such a titty baby. What happens if he diededs before the season starts?

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 07:12 PM
He's such a titty baby. What happens if he diededs before the season starts?
Our championship hopes go up slightly. :lmao

noles1983
07-01-2017, 07:44 PM
If our roster looks the same as it does right now come regular season... Gonna be a ton of empty seats, more than usual. Who wants to pay to see Kawhi and a bunch of D league talent? This roster blows chunks.

sasaint
07-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Unless something unheard of slapped them in the face, they probably should have dedicated this year to development and signed some guys that had some upside on the cheap - it's not like they wouldn't win another 50 games and got some run in the playoffs.

Not a fan of the Patty signing. It's not atrocious, still seems like a moveable contract, but it's hard for me to see them moving him - and the longer he's with the Spurs, the less likely it would seem to be.

I am a fan of the Simmons signing, though. Feel like they gave up on Jack because the way Jarren Jackson turned out (even if the pursuit of Kidd played its part), but I think Simmons has the right type of make-up to be worth the investment.

I have been out and about all day. Did we re-sign JSimms?

sasaint
07-01-2017, 08:35 PM
If our roster looks the same as it does right now come regular season... Gonna be a ton of empty seats, more than usual. Who wants to pay to see Kawhi and a bunch of D league talent? This roster blows chunks.

Some of us have high hopes for some of the young guns and will be excited to watch their fledgling careers. Young guys who really exert themselves but make mistakes are much easier to root for than LMA.

Blackjack
07-01-2017, 08:39 PM
I have been out and about all day. Did we re-sign JSimms?

No. I out-kicked the coverage on that one. Hoping they do.

sasaint
07-01-2017, 08:48 PM
No. I out-kicked the coverage on that one. Hoping they do.

Oh, okay. I'm with you. :tu

Blackjack
07-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Oh, okay. I'm with you. :tu

:tu