PDA

View Full Version : Dedmon

daslicer
07-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Do the Spurs have his Bird rights? I do feel if the Spurs lose him that it will be a big loss since he's the best rim protector they have on their roster.

LakerHater
07-01-2017, 03:48 PM
Wasn't here long enuff

daslicer
07-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Wasn't here long enuff

So the Spurs don't have Bird rights on him?

Seventyniner
07-01-2017, 03:56 PM

Correct, no Bird rights. Instead the Spurs have non-Bird rights, which don't help in this case.

daslicer
07-01-2017, 03:57 PM
Correct, no Bird rights. Instead the Spurs have non-Bird rights, which don't help in this case.

Wow that sucks. It's going to be bittersweet if he signs with the Warriors.

SpursforSix
07-01-2017, 03:57 PM

He wasn't technically here long enough but Spurs could claim his Bird rights under Amendment 8.3(a) (2012 I think). But then it would depend on his salary per game for this last year.

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Can't wait to see Steph and Donkey hitting Dedmon with lobs while he throws it down on Pau.

Dedmon wasn't great but he's going to flourish in GS. :lol

LakerHater
07-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Dnt really giva shit what happens in this year's free agency, jus dnt want Dedmon to golden state!

daslicer
07-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Dnt really giva shit what's happens in this year's free agency, jus dnt want Dedmon to golden state!

Yes I feel the same way.

Hoops Czar
07-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Can't wait to see Steph and Donkey hitting Dedmon with lobs while he throws it down on Pau.

When are people going to start realizing that It's not always the player that's the problem but the puppet master controlling his strings that is the problem. Spurs need a change at head coach because the game has passed him by. See Jerry Sloan

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 04:05 PM
When are people going to start realizing that It's not always the player that's the problem but the puppet master controlling his strings that is the problem. Spurs need a change at head coach because the game has passed him by. See Jerry Sloan
:pop:: "Dedmon isn't over himself. Get rid of him RC, you drunkard."

http://i.imgur.com/DG8Uayk.png:"Yes, massa', Pop. Whatever you say. Let me just re-sign Mills for 4 years and take a swig of this beer first...*belch*".

EIC
07-01-2017, 04:06 PM

He's gonna be the next David West.

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 04:09 PM
He's gonna be the next David West.
Grabbing boards over LMA, dunking on Pau, blocking Fatty Mills and Porker layups. :lol

tbdog
07-01-2017, 04:17 PM

Dedmon could not get big minutes in Orlando. The guy gets you excited once and a while, but he just isn't that good. He is a back up center at best. And not Gortart needs minutes back up center either.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Dedmon could not get big minutes in Orlando. The guy gets you excited once and a while, but he just isn't that good. He is a back up center at best. And not Gortart needs minutes back up center either.
This :lol

How easily people, who don't watch the games, forget this guy averaged 4 & 5 as a starter. Completely shat the bed when he got an upgraded role then fell out of the rotation (just like in Orlando)

Good luck to GS if they're going to magically get this dude some IQ and hands

sasaint
07-01-2017, 04:37 PM

I don't think many people thought that Deadman was that good... yet. Posters like myself thought he had a lot of potential that could have been developed (especially working some with Timmy). But because he had a disposition that Pop couldn't accept, he is now another woulda, coulda, shoulda former Spur.

tbdog
07-01-2017, 05:24 PM
I don't think many people thought that Deadman was that good... yet. Posters like myself thought he had a lot of potential that could have been developed (especially working some with Timmy). But because he had a disposition that Pop couldn't accept, he is now another woulda, coulda, shoulda former Spur.

As I said, he gets you excited. You don't usually see bigs this late magically develop. Dedmon would grab an offensive board and dunk it hard. He could come from nowhere and block above the rim. Then he will jump over the back of someone in a blatant and obvious call and get rewarded with his 3rd early foul.

DJR210
07-01-2017, 05:33 PM

This

Snaq O'Meal
07-01-2017, 06:08 PM
As I said, he gets you excited. You don't usually see bigs this late magically develop. Dedmon would grab an offensive board and dunk it hard. He could come from nowhere and block above the rim. Then he will jump over the back of someone in a blatant and obvious call and get rewarded with his 3rd early foul.

They won't call that foul if he's wearing a Warriors jersey.

therealtruth
07-01-2017, 06:14 PM
This :lol

How easily people, who don't watch the games, forget this guy averaged 4 & 5 as a starter. Completely shat the bed when he got an upgraded role then fell out of the rotation (just like in Orlando)

Good luck to GS if they're going to magically get this dude some IQ and hands

He's probably one of those guys who needs a ball handler like Chris Paul to unlock his potential. Like a poor man's Deandre Jordan.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2017, 06:17 PM
He's probably one of those guys who needs a ball handler like Chris Paul to unlock his potential. Like a poor man's Deandre Jordan.
Those types of bigs are a dime a dozen though. Any Big would flourish with a Chris Paul. "Deadmon</3" is nothing special.

sasaint
07-01-2017, 08:26 PM

I certainly can't argue with that. We saw it frequently. But you also omitted a couple of his strengths. He has great range on his rebounds, and (his best attribute in my opinion) his agility. He showed rare quickness of foot for a big, enabling him to stick with "smalls" on the perimeter. Although I really did not want CP3, I did believe he could have turned Deadman into something like DJordan except better on perimeter defense (and better from the FT line). With his athleticism, he needed coaching-up.

bigfan
07-01-2017, 08:35 PM
I wish we could have kept him; he always looked like he had the potential.

SAGirl
07-01-2017, 08:38 PM
I certainly can't argue with that. We saw it frequently. But you also omitted a couple of his strengths. He has great range on his rebounds, and (his best attribute in my opinion) his agility. He showed rare quickness of foot for a big, enabling him to stick with "smalls" on the perimeter. Although I really did not want CP3, I did believe he could have turned Deadman into something like DJordan except better on perimeter defense (and better from the FT line). With his athleticism, he needed coaching-up.

as far as I have seen bigs like this are hard to fit with Lamarcus who has a low bbiq. I think LMA needs a big next to him that can provide some of what he lacks, some playmaking from the bigs spots, some finding of cutters, some rim rolling with the intention of making the right decision if you get that pass. Kind of like what Lee provided, but Lee is not a true center so defensively they couldn't hold the fort. anyways, basically Dedmon was too flawed to compensate for Lamarcus lack of anything but spot up shooting from the PF spot. Then to that, one adds all the mistakes he would make on defense, and his flamboyant personality causing a sore on Pop's eyes.. and well. It's too bad. I know what you mean, and I also saw some potential for development at times.

Ice009
07-01-2017, 08:39 PM
What the most the Spurs can offer him? Why not just give him a decent sized one year deal? or do they not even have the money for that?

tonight...you
07-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Some people really attach their egos too tightly to things sometimes.

You guys...

SAGirl
07-01-2017, 08:42 PM
What the most the Spurs can offer him? Why not just give him a decent sized one year deal? or do they not even have the money for that?

I would like him back on a reasonable deal if it came to that.

mookie2001
07-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Bird rights croflrofl

sasaint
07-01-2017, 08:53 PM
as far as I have seen bigs like this are hard to fit with Lamarcus who has a low bbiq. I think LMA needs a big next to him that can provide some of what he lacks, some playmaking from the bigs spots, some finding of cutters, some rim rolling with the intention of making the right decision if you get that pass. Kind of like what Lee provided, but Lee is not a true center so defensively they couldn't hold the fort. anyways, basically Dedmon was too flawed to compensate for Lamarcus lack of anything but spot up shooting from the PF spot. Then to that, one adds all the mistakes he would make on defense, and his flamboyant personality causing a sore on Pop's eyes.. and well. It's too bad. I know what you mean, and I also saw some potential for development at times.

I don't see many bigs with Deadmon's raw potential. He may just remain "raw" for the remainder of his career. And you know what I think of LMA; so trying to find a big to fit that low BBIQ black hole is looking through the telescope from the wrong end. We should have coached up Deadman and gotten a higher BBIQ PF. But it is all moot now. If Pop saw him walking his way on the street he would cross the street to avoid him.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-01-2017, 09:11 PM
hard to tell what the fuck is going to happen with him when Pop didn't play him much in the off season and he could have done much more than LMA on rebounds and points TBH. LMA got massacred out there on almost all counts...