PDA

View Full Version : Will LMA bust his ass in a contract year?

SpursforSix
07-01-2017, 04:29 PM
Not even sure what his definition of busting his ass is. But might be a possible upside if having him. Maybe he realizes right now that there isn't much interest in him and he needs to prove something.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Spurs can easily get a first round pick for him, I mean he's making less than JJ Redick ffs. Unfortunately Drunkford is letting him walk without getting anything in return :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-01-2017, 04:31 PM
We'll see if he enters the season in shape for the first time in his Spurs career..

dylankerouac
07-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Considering it's a contract year, it's the best time for Pop to get him motivated. :stirpot:

sasaint
07-01-2017, 04:39 PM
We'll see if he enters the season in shape for the first time in his Spurs career..

Las Vegas got a line on that one yet?

MVPCues
07-01-2017, 04:42 PM
Depends on what team he plays for.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-01-2017, 04:47 PM
Aldridge won't even show up for training camp come on guys :lol

EIC
It would probably be the first time in his life he ever worked for anything, so I'm gonna go with "no."

TimDunkem
Aldridge won't even show up for training camp come on guys :lol
Let's hope so. :lol

Vic Petro
07-01-2017, 04:50 PM
"I'll play my way into shape during training camp."

:lma

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 04:51 PM
Love how the LMA train emoji is one big L. :lmao

duncan2k5
07-01-2017, 04:58 PM
HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE! Get it through your skulls! The quicker we accept the reality, the quicker we move him...if he doesn't want to be here, he is the type of player that shows it on court...Next year will be worse than this one...if u thought Duse was nonchalant before...

Mal
07-01-2017, 05:06 PM
Only chance is millsap signing with Sota, a stupid Sarver will take him..

baseline bum
07-01-2017, 05:31 PM
Only chance is millsap signing with Sota, a stupid Sarver will take him..

Woj is reporting Phoenix pulled out of the Millsap sweepstakes and is going all-in on a youth movement. So they want young assets to take old vets on contracts teams want to dump.

Mr. Body
07-01-2017, 05:48 PM
Woj is reporting Phoenix pulled out of the Millsap sweepstakes and is going all-in on a youth movement. So they want young assets to take old vets on contracts teams want to dump.

Maybe they realized winning Millsap isn't like winning a sweepstakes. It's more like getting an extra cupcake at a kid's birthday party.

Mal
07-01-2017, 06:15 PM

They want to trade Bledsoe, so many there will be 3rd team who wants Bledsoe.

SpursforSix
07-01-2017, 06:43 PM
HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE! Get it through your skulls! The quicker we accept the reality, the quicker we move him...if he doesn't want to be here, he is the type of player that shows it on court...Next year will be worse than this one...if u thought Duse was nonchalant before...

No he doesn't want to be here. But for a grown up it shouldn't matter. A bad season will cost him multi millions. It's about as much incentive as you can give someone.

Mr. Body
07-01-2017, 06:45 PM
If he leaked that he was unhappy, he torpedoed his chances of getting moved. Increasingly likely they hold onto him until the trade deadline at least.

SAGirl
07-01-2017, 06:46 PM
or maybe he takes it easy then opts in to the last season of his contract ... belch

Spurs9
07-01-2017, 06:50 PM
Maybe hes almost more valuable with his current contract to trade after some of these contracts that gave been given out today.

SPURt
07-01-2017, 06:50 PM
He will bust his ass... just not for the Spurs

skulls138
07-01-2017, 09:50 PM
No he doesn't want to be here. But for a grown up it shouldn't matter. A bad season will cost him multi millions. It's about as much incentive as you can give someone.True that. He needs us more than we need him. This is 2 out of 2 stops where hes underwhelmed. Having said that i dont know if he'll ever change when i remember things like HAVING to have Bowens number and complaining about allstar selection. Thats a mind set that is just telling. I want him to succeed though.

dbreiden83080
07-01-2017, 10:18 PM

But he is not in a great position to have a bitch fit about things all year and not produce. Plus being a head case in San Antonio with one of the great coaches of all time is not exactly improving your reputation any.

dbreiden83080
07-01-2017, 10:20 PM
And I am still not understanding why he is unhappy? He wanted to return home to Texas, and the team has had two very good seasons. The team he is on is much better than the team he left. Does he really just want to go back to a situation where he can put up his lousy 23 points a game and make the All-Star team? I don't understand what the problem is?

SpursforSix
07-01-2017, 10:24 PM
But he is not in a great position to have a bitch fit about things all year and not produce. Plus being a head case in San Antonio with one of the great coaches of all time is not exactly improving your reputation any.

By making those comments, he single handedly fucked the Spurs offseason. And his own chances of being traded. He's a mental midget.

Rito3d30
07-01-2017, 10:24 PM
why not, he's not even worthy of a top10 pick from the league gm's perspective
That's got to be a new low for him, motivation is there

SpursforSix
07-01-2017, 10:26 PM
why not, he's not even worthy of a top10 pick from the league gm's perspective
That's got to be a new low for him, motivation is there

His motivation is as irregular as my grandpas erections.

steeledl
07-01-2017, 11:17 PM
I'm feeling a lot a hate for LMAlpha on here. Appreciate this nigga. He is a big name freeagent who actually CHOSE the Spurs.

dbreiden83080
07-01-2017, 11:41 PM
By making those comments, he single handedly fucked the Spurs offseason. And his own chances of being traded. He's a mental midget.

Given that the Spurs have yet to land it any good free agents and there are not many left. They might have to keep him.. He is a good player. We will see.

TimDunkem
07-01-2017, 11:46 PM
Given that the Spurs have yet to land it any good free agents and there are not many left. They might have to keep him.. He is a good player. We will see.
Except when he's posting up Harden or anyone on the Warriors, tbh.

Mikeanaro
07-02-2017, 12:01 AM
https://dc724.4shared.com/img/dfwzypAQei/s24/15d01a91ed8/Pop_bee?async&rand=0.5323466192223753

tmtcsc
07-02-2017, 12:03 AM

Who did the Spurs want and then miss out on? Free agents sucked this year. People will be singing a much different tune next year when the Spurs will have meetings with much bigger names and potentially much more cap space.

SpursforSix
07-02-2017, 12:03 AM

Yeah. I know. But his comments about the Spurs hurting his game show that he is really ignorant. Seems like he came to SA to get a ring but doesn't really understand what it takes. He's about out as shape as old Bobo. But doesn't have the Bball IQ to make it work.

dbreiden83080
07-02-2017, 12:16 AM
Yeah. I know. But his comments about the Spurs hurting his game show that he is really ignorant. Seems like he came to SA to get a ring but doesn't really understand what it takes. He's about out as shape as old Bobo. But doesn't have the Bball IQ to make it work.

Well those are the comments he has not made publicly, those are comments the media is reporting he is saying behind the scenes. I am sure he is saying them, but that distinction makes it a little bit easier for him to stay. He did not do an interview where he flat out said I want out of here.

Rito3d30
07-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Well those are the comments he has not made publicly, those are comments the media is reporting he is saying behind the scenes. I am sure he is saying them, but that distinction makes it a little bit easier for him to stay. He did not do an interview where he flat out said I want out of here.

Those deleted tweets pretty much says it all
The training camp's gonna be awkward :lol

dbreiden83080
07-02-2017, 12:30 AM
Those deleted tweets pretty much says it all
The training camp's gonna be awkward :lol

I get it. But obviously I want to contend next year. If we get him off the team without much in return. That's not happening.

Budkin
07-02-2017, 12:38 AM
He'll hold out and demand a trade. We'll trade him for a second round pick and cash.

dbreiden83080
07-02-2017, 12:39 AM
He'll hold out and demand a trade. We'll trade him for a second round pick and cash.

Hold out for what? He is under contract.

TimDunkem
07-02-2017, 12:42 AM
I get it. But obviously I want to contend next year. If we get him off the team without much in return. That's not happening.
Not happening regardless if the same roster is coming back a year older.

steeledl
07-02-2017, 12:44 AM
Sleeping on the Alpha. Shame on all of you.

LakerHater
07-02-2017, 12:46 AM
Be fuckn crazy if dominates us to 'ship!

Russ
07-02-2017, 01:12 AM
Not happening regardless if the same roster is coming back a year older.

Some guys get better by being a year older -- Kawhi, Murray, Kyle A., Bertans, etc.

Golden State got better when the same guys who lost in the playoffs started winning in the playoffs.

Sometimes doing nothing allows you to become better.

cutewizard
07-02-2017, 01:20 AM
Some guys get better by being a year older -- Kawhi, Murray, Kyle A., Bertans, etc.

Golden State got better when the same guys who lost in the playoffs started winning in the playoffs.

------------------------------------------

:bobo

TimDunkem
07-02-2017, 01:25 AM

Too bad those guys will still be buried by deadweight like Mills, Pau, LMA, a 41 year old Manu, and TP when he comes back. :lol

cutewizard
Is the Silence of the Spurs a good thing?????????

TimDunkem
Next season ST is going to look a lot like it did this past season: People everywhere complaining how this is a one man team.

TimDunkem
07-02-2017, 01:27 AM
Is the Silence of the Spurs a good thing?????????
Tha' fuck? You literally just agreed that doing nothing sometimes allows you to become better. You tell us.

cutewizard
07-02-2017, 01:50 AM
Tha' fuck? You literally just agreed that doing nothing sometimes allows you to become better. You tell us.

----------------------------------------

im vacillating man.....bipolarity seizes me.....of course we all want the Spurs to improve in some way

sorry

Ice009
07-02-2017, 03:05 AM
And I am still not understanding why he is unhappy? He wanted to return home to Texas, and the team has had two very good seasons. The team he is on is much better than the team he left. Does he really just want to go back to a situation where he can put up his lousy 23 points a game and make the All-Star team? I don't understand what the problem is?

I think his pride is hurt because he got his shit pushed in when he had to be the man against the Warriors after Kawhi went down. Everyone took a dump on him after which probably pissed him off as I think he feels he's an elite player.

The other point is he obviously thinks he would perform/shoot better if he was the number 1 option. He said in something along those lines after one of the games in the Houston series. They asked him what the difference was after he had a big game, and he said something along the lines of he got the ball more and was in more of a rhythm. I think he believes that if he's in a rhythm and getting the ball more, he will hit more shots and put up bigger numbers. Basically, I don't think he likes the Spurs offense and they way it was run/constructed. He feels it's making him look bad and he doesn't like people dumping on him. He definitely feels/thinks he's a rhythm player that needs more touches and shots to get his rhythm so that he can play/look a lot better.

The other things I'd love to know is whether or not he leaked what Steven A. Smith said, or if Steven A. Smith got that from someone close to him that said it privately (that shouldn't have said it), and then SAS just ran with it. LMA couldn't be that dumb could he? If he leaked it himself, then he's overestimated his value and it's backfired big time as no-one seems to want him.

Looks like he will have to suit up another year for the Spurs, and this time he's gotta come into camp in shape and bust his ass if he wants out as bad as SAS is making out that he does, if not, Pop can just sit him at the end of the bench and lower his value even more until he opts out and leaves at the end of next season. We also can't take on any bad contracts just to get rid of him. If we can't get something good, then hold onto him. You don't want to take on a bad contract and not have cap space next off-season to go after All-Star or Superstar type of player/s.

therealtruth
07-02-2017, 05:55 AM
He had his chances when Kawhi went down.

objective
07-02-2017, 07:54 AM
There are reasons though that training camp won't be that bad or totally awkward for Aldridge.

1. The national media will be embedding with the Warriors, the Cavs, and the improved contenders like Houston and OKC, and even Philly. They won't care about old boring San Antonio bringing back Mills and trash.

2. The San Antonio media are so afraid of rocking the boat they'll let everyone off the hook as far as repeated, pointed questions. Even the digital guys from spurs blogs won't push anything. They're not even smart enough to ask easy obvious questions about stuff like summer league and draft picks.

cutewizard
07-02-2017, 08:19 AM
:bobo

07-02-2017, 08:57 AM
He really has no choice, but to bust his hump if he's looking for another decent contract from another team.

His credibility undoubtedly has already taken a big hit around the league when he's complaining about playing on a team that is known for it's unselfish play and the FO's loyalty to their players.

He could learn from a guy like Pau Gasol, who accepted a role off the bench and did very well. Not only is he staying, he actually turned down a big payday for more security.

DaBears
07-02-2017, 12:42 PM
I'm just glad none us are GM's for the SPURS. Shit would get real ugly quick for the SPURS, if they had a sweepstakes where you could be a GM for a day w/ full control to make all decisions. I give SPURS credit for what they've done with what is available.

TimDunkem
07-02-2017, 12:44 PM
He really has no choice, but to bust his hump if he's looking for another decent contract from another team.

His credibility undoubtedly has already taken a big hit around the league when he's complaining about playing on a team that is known for it's unselfish play and the FO's loyalty to their players.

He could learn from a guy like Pau Gasol, who accepted a role off the bench and did very well. Not only is he staying, he actually turned down a big payday for more security.
Does he really have no choice? He'll either get traded, or stay and opt-in to free money.

itzsoweezee
07-02-2017, 12:48 PM
He's been out of shape for two straight seasons. I doubt it.

He doesn't seem like the type to bust his ass.

100%duncan
07-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Love how the LMA train emoji is one big L. :lmao

:lol

dbreiden83080
07-02-2017, 03:57 PM
I think his pride is hurt because he got his shit pushed in when he had to be the man against the Warriors after Kawhi went down. Everyone took a dump on him after which probably pissed him off as I think he feels he's an elite player.

The other point is he obviously thinks he would perform/shoot better if he was the number 1 option. He said in something along those lines after one of the games in the Houston series. They asked him what the difference was after he had a big game, and he said something along the lines of he got the ball more and was in more of a rhythm. I think he believes that if he's in a rhythm and getting the ball more, he will hit more shots and put up bigger numbers. Basically, I don't think he likes the Spurs offense and they way it was run/constructed. He feels it's making him look bad and he doesn't like people dumping on him. He definitely feels/thinks he's a rhythm player that needs more touches and shots to get his rhythm so that he can play/look a lot better.

The other things I'd love to know is whether or not he leaked what Steven A. Smith said, or if Steven A. Smith got that from someone close to him that said it privately (that shouldn't have said it), and then SAS just ran with it. LMA couldn't be that dumb could he? If he leaked it himself, then he's overestimated his value and it's backfired big time as no

Excellent post.. I feel like his unwillingness and whining about playing a role hurts his trade value immensely. We have all these star players, teaming up all over the league. Well that means you have to fit into some kind of a role, or change your game. Paul just went to Houston and will obviously play the Point. Well Harden had his best season ever playing the point this year. Now he makes another adjustment. Even with the Warrior taking on KD, meant less shots for a 2 time league MVP. Now LA is no Curry, so just going to a team to be the man again, is not what teams want to hear. They don't want to hear it, because he is not that great to begin with. Teams are trying to load up to win. So a guy that will moan about not being in rhythm, and needing more shots, is not going to fly. I feel like it is getting likely he needs to play out the year, and play well. Leave as a FA at the end of it. Maybe he gets traded at the deadline.

SupremeGuy
07-02-2017, 05:29 PM
"I'll play my way into shape during training camp."

:lma:lol

Taking it to the Hole
07-02-2017, 06:49 PM
I hope that he plays well enough so that we can move him before the trade deadline midseason. That is the only thing I am hoping for.

skulls138
07-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Is the Silence of the Spurs a good thing?????????We shall see. I want another player but no one whos available or was available. I want either a pg or big man, that's a two way player, whos not undersized, or too old. I want LMA to be the player we need.

BackHome
07-02-2017, 08:54 PM
shit as much money being thrown I would be working my butt off to get some of that Green..$$$$

SilverSpur
07-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Here's to him getting 30 a game so we can trade his butt.

timtonymanu
07-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Just please don't show up to camp out of shape again, if he does that for the 3rd time, he's gone.

RD2191
07-04-2017, 08:09 PM
Hopefully Pop shows some real sack and benches LMA if he sees that he's not putting in effort on the floor.

SpursforSix
07-04-2017, 08:23 PM
Hopefully Pop shows some real sack and benches LMA if he sees that he's not putting in effort on the floor.

That'd be great. Bench that faggot in a contract year.

Ice009
07-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Just please don't show up to camp out of shape again, if he does that for the 3rd time, he's gone.

He has no reason to sandbag it again. He'll get benched and lose more money if he tried pulling that shit, thus lowering his value next off-season. He wouldn't be that stupid, would he?