PDA

View Full Version : Front Office paralyzed

razor247
07-03-2017, 01:23 AM
From award winning to stupid and helpless. I guess all the wins don't equal cash. How do you make no moves? Sign a crap shooting guard that can't defend, got a guy who doesn't want to play here, and a PG that can't defend and is slow has molasses. Did I forget stupid DG who can't shoot or dribble and knows they want to get rid of him.

Chillen
07-03-2017, 01:29 AM
Maybe RC can bring Scottie Pippen, Michael Jordan, Dennis Rodman, Hakeem, Drob, Timmy out of retirement and sign them for $1 mill a piece. Call Kukoc and see if he wants to come off the bench with Manu. Hire Phil Jackson as an assistant coach/player. Why stop there, give Larry Bird a call and see if he is up to playing again.

Or there is always signing George Hill.

playbonner15
07-03-2017, 02:15 AM
Damn was really hoping FO can convince Millsap

daslicer
07-03-2017, 02:26 AM
The FA market was crap. There was no quick fix available.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-03-2017, 02:34 AM
Damn was really hoping FO can convince Millsap

They couldn't open $30 mil in cap space. The only option was to dump Aldridge and getting less salary back but it seems like this failed.

It did look like they were preparing to use cap space on a FA but seeing the contracts given out I don't see which player they could have got. If they've missed on their targets it's more likely that they operate over the cap, bring back everyone, bar Dedmon, and eventually use the MLE on a big and perhaps the BAE on Hanga/Lee.

99 Problems
07-03-2017, 02:49 AM
Probably looking towards Europe. Anyhow they prob seen Kawhi go to warp level 4000 with his improvement since season end and didn't bother going downtown to see what was available.

07-03-2017, 02:59 AM
Unless the Spurs dumped Aldridge, there wasn't much flexibility. Overpaying Mills and planning to give Gasol a long term contract was not a good start. Let's hope the Spurs refrain from giving up any more long term cap space. All they have to do is be patient and wait for Aldridge, gasol, and Parker's salaries to be off the books in 2018, or at least significantly reduced.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2017, 03:08 AM
Wolves dumped that Rubio contract and got a first round pick in return :lol

All these superteams are dumping big contracts with ease.... and LMA's contract isn't even that bad compared to what some role players are getting. Danny would be even easier to dump.

Lets be real. Drunkford hasn't even tried so far.

duncan2150
07-03-2017, 03:24 AM
Wolves dumped that Rubio contract and got a first round pick in return :lol

All these superteams are dumping big contracts with ease.... and LMA's contract isn't even that bad compared to what some role players are getting. Danny would be even easier to dump.

Lets be real. Drunkford hasn't even tried so far.

Rubio is five year younger than aldridge and he had a good finish during the season, you can't compare that to a so so aldridge this year.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2017, 03:26 AM
Rubio is five year younger than aldridge and he had a good finish during the season, you can't compare that to a so so aldridge this year.
He's the worst shooter in the league :lol Aldridge is better than him and I hate Aldridge

therealtruth
07-03-2017, 03:29 AM
They couldn't open $30 mil in cap space. The only option was to dump Aldridge and getting less salary back but it seems like this failed.

It did look like they were preparing to use cap space on a FA but seeing the contracts given out I don't see which player they could have got. If they've missed on their targets it's more likely that they operate over the cap, bring back everyone, bar Dedmon, and eventually use the MLE on a big and perhaps the BAE on Hanga/Lee.

Maybe the could have done a sign and trade with Hawks for LMA.

duncan2150
07-03-2017, 03:35 AM
He's the worst shooter in the league :lol Aldridge is better than him and I hate Aldridge

Agree with that Aldridge is better but if i'm an FO i prefer to have a rubio than an aldridge this offseason. If Aldridge had a strong finish that would be different.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-03-2017, 03:37 AM

Only if the hawks wanted Aldridge. He doesn't make much sense for them.

Fireball
07-03-2017, 03:38 AM
I am stunned by the inactivity as well ... Spurs look like Mavericks in recent years where Plan A, B, C etc. did not work so Cuban just threw his money at anybody who was left ... Spurs won't do the latter, but it still looks like this offseason gets an F rating

jermaine
07-03-2017, 06:38 AM
We don't know what moves they tried.. Dudes in here acting like their on the inside an know everything. Just because no one came here, doesn't mean they didn't try. It's not thei t fault LMA is a pussy an dropped his stock.(They could dump Parker but still)..We don't know.

Big Empty
07-03-2017, 06:49 AM
There is alot of over paying going on. Warriors are in the perfect situation. Paying K Thompson and D Green pennies on the dollar 15m a year for the next 3 years. They are top 15 talent. You cant match that overpaying above average players 30 million a year. Some teams have gotten better but still not on that level. i want to see change too but dont want the Spurs to tie up their capspace in the years to come desperately signing anyone just for the sake of making a move. Paul George will be a free agent again next year. We still are a playoff team that can beat anyone. Im happy waiting for a legit star to play beside kawhi

MaNu4Tres
07-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the Spurs thought giving ,going on 33 yrs old, Millsap 30% of the salary cap was a very bad idea?

I really wish Spurs operated with less feelings involved. If Belichick, the best GM in pro sports, was in charge, Parker would be waived & stretched and theres no way he offers Patty 50 million the first second of Free Agency.

Hill and Rose are currently jobless. If Spurs waited it out, instead of giving 50 million to an inferior option, Spurs probably get Hill for the same money and actually make gains towards GS. Re signing Mills does not improve this team on the court..hell, he cant even be on the floor and is unplayable vs the Warriors.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-03-2017, 06:57 AM
Please stop creating more FAIL threads... Calm down and PATFO... what the fuck do you know about what they are doing? and if they aren't you have to trust their record

these I-am-having-meltdown threads are full of FAIL and I just laugh at some of the regulars spilling their tears in here... pathetic...

jermaine
07-03-2017, 07:05 AM
I'm not hell bent on any moves they have or have not made. I wish they would've dumped Parker an made a play for Taj Gibson, but hey... I think teams are over reacting tryna build a "Superteam" an it ain't gonna work. GS is a special team, an each an every player loves to play defense an share the ball. Curry isn't the best defender, but they hide him well. Houston will probably be a #2 seed, but will still lose to the Spurs. Idk if we could get Dedmon back, but if he was having issues with Pop, it wouldn't make sense to bring him back. But I feel the Spurs aren't done making moves. I think once players can actually sign on the line, they'll start moving pieces... Why be a dick an dump Parker just cuz, why Trade DG if you're not for sure his replacement his signed or if you don't know if Manu is returning. You can not lose Parker, Danny, an Manu in the same off-season. That's basically tanking. Chemistry makes up for some kinda lack of talent!

Chillen
07-03-2017, 07:06 AM
Hill and Rose are currently jobless.

Spurs need to sign Derrick Rose, like really, really bad. Nevermind Hill. Sign Drose to a 1 year deal and see how it works out.

jermaine
07-03-2017, 07:33 AM
Either the Spurs never tried Hill, or they lowballed the shit outta him! I'd take Rudy Gay though. Especially if Houston gets Melo.

MaNu4Tres
07-03-2017, 07:35 AM
Spurs need to sign Derrick Rose, like really, really bad. Nevermind Hill. Sign Drose to a 1 year deal and see how it works out.

Spurs dont need another PG now. They didnt even need to pay up for an average PG option like Patty -- they just paid 50 million for the needle to remain in the same place.

If Spurs were going to spend, they should have spent on an upgrade at the position -- where the needle actually moves.

They really blew their load with Patty. Smh

cd98
07-03-2017, 07:38 AM
Signing Patty and Simmons offer show their highest priority was to bring the same team back. They may have salary dumped someone of a player they wanted was willing to come. But they'll likely bargain shop in two weeks after all the highly coveted players are gone.

sasaint
07-03-2017, 07:43 AM

And maybe they tried. The media and fans don't hear about everything that PATFO does. And besides that, with Millsap now signed, there may be interest in LMA.

MaNu4Tres
07-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Signing Patty and Simmons offer show their highest priority was to bring the same team back. They may have salary dumped someone of a player they wanted was willing to come. But they'll likely bargain shop in two weeks after all the highly coveted players are gone.

Bringing back same team is not moving needle though.

Culture is a great thing until you overvalue it.

Should have waited out PG situation and got value on shorter contract for an upgrade -- not overpay a situation for sideways move for 4 years

SuperCam
07-03-2017, 07:56 AM
:cry but spur win 60 games last year with this team :cry

And now they're a year older, and 5 more all stars just went to other Western teams for mostly scraps while PATFO inking Fatty to 60 million dollar deals :lmao

sananspursfan21
07-03-2017, 08:00 AM
Eh, I'm starting to think that the front office had no interest in any of these guys anyway. All the marquee free agents are 30+ anyway. As I'm watching them get signed for ridiculous cash, I get happier and happier they weren't brought in. I'm trusting the process here that maybe Aldridge will be traded and our guys might get a fair return. This is a supremely overrated free agent class, don't be so pissed about losing out on these old timers

nyspurguy
07-03-2017, 08:20 AM

I was thinking this a month or two ago. But Patty gets $12 mill a year? After showing everyone what he can do, but most importantly, what he can't do. He's not anything close to a point guard. He's a barley 6 foot shooter. I've seen all I need to from Patty in the playoffs. I like D-Rose cause he can penetrate and score. He can run an offense. He'd probably be the best bang for the buck the Spurs may get this offseason. We'll have to wait and see what he signs for, but maybe we could have talked him in to coming here for..I don't know....$12 mill. Hell if he goes down we still have Murray, Forbes, the draft pick and TP. Hopefully with no big name point guards signed, Murray gets lots of minutes.

tmtcsc
07-03-2017, 08:32 AM
We don't know what moves they tried.. Dudes in here acting like their on the inside an know everything. Just because no one came here, doesn't mean they didn't try. It's not thei t fault LMA is a pussy an dropped his stock.(They could dump Parker but still)..We don't know.

Smartest post I've seen in here in a while. :toast

ceperez
07-03-2017, 08:51 AM

Agree. Spurs have LMA that wants out and nobody has an interest in a trade. Have their point guard on crutches and the best case scenario, comes back in 2018.

OKC got a rental in Paul George, that's because Indiana had confidence that the two guys they got locked up in long term contracts are likely to be happy playing in Indiana. You cannot say the same about Aldridge and Green. Both much older and may not have any upside left.

Mr. Body
07-03-2017, 08:56 AM
I don't know what people expect. Clearing $35 million a year for Chris Paul was hard enough and he didn't want to play here. Giving close to that money to Millsap is utterly stupid. Paul George was pulling more than the team was willing or able to spend. Jimmy Butler went cheap, but we would have had to trade way more than Dejounte Murray for him.

It feels like ton of activity is going on around the league, but very little is actually happening. OKC basically flipped Ibaka for George. Good for them. Ibaka is better than any asset we have available to trade, and OKC doesn't even know if they can keep George after this year. Houston helped themselves a lot but it's a fucked up team philosophy and I'm not sure how it will work.

The Spurs have a lot of space to play with next year. They're coming off an easy 60 wins this year and should rack up more next. I don't see any great fixes. Durant fucked the league and competition, so might as well keep your powder dry. One more year ain't that much when the alternative is shitty, shitty deals like Millsap for $30 fucking million a year. Holy shit.

buttsR4rebounding
07-03-2017, 08:56 AM
People (so that excludes some of you), there is a difference between being paralyzed and not panicking. This team won 128 games the last 2years. LMA was doing something right. You don't trade him when his value is low. If you need to trade him wait until he has a few good games. Most GMs in this league think the last thing you did will repeat ad nauseum. Most here think Kawhi will be better. Bertans and Murray will be better. If they need to trade someone to create cap space they can do it. See what Simmons can actually do. Heck, I think it is looking more likely Dedmon is back as money starts to dry up. Lamenting a 4 year, very tradeable deal is ridiculous. This is how the Spurs have been one of the league's best franchises ffor 20 years. Last year was an anomaly that temporarily increased the cost of role players. Not getting swept up in the hysteria is the correct long term move.

PublicOption
07-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Until giniobili and parker retire we are stuck.

Mr. Body
07-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Until giniobili and parker retire we are stuck.

They're not the problem. The problem is an exploding cap and good but aging players sucking up most of it. Then teams are pushing big deals, like max deals, to guys like Otto Porter, too. Meanwhile not much new talent is coming into the league.

The problem is the league is facing an exploding cap and a flatlining talent pool. A tidy, careful team like the Spurs is going to have trouble in this environment.

spurs1990
07-03-2017, 09:10 AM
They signed Gasol last year to a bad contract.

Once bitten twice shy, I don't blame the FO for a holding pattern (for 3 days).

ceperez
07-03-2017, 09:11 AM
They signed Gasol last year to a bad contract.

Once bitten twice shy, I don't blame the FO for a holding pattern (for 3 days).

If we had kept Boban and Boris, Spurs perhaps would have had a better chance against GSW.

Mr. Body
07-03-2017, 09:13 AM
If we had kept Boban and Boris, Spurs perhaps would have had a better chance against GSW.

Because why? They would have killed Pachulia?

purist
07-03-2017, 09:14 AM
damned if you do; damned if you don't. Two free agency periods ago, spurs go all in on Alrdridge. Now y'all bitching cuz they won't dump him so they can pick up some other garbage. I'm glad the spurs FO isn't run by the numb nuts on this board.

GSH
07-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Has it occurred to anyone that maybe the Spurs thought giving ,going on 33 yrs old, Millsap 30% of the salary cap was a very bad idea?

I'm guessing not. Most are stuck on "Didn't sign CP3 or PG... the sky is falling."

DocDoc
07-03-2017, 09:17 AM
There is alot of over paying going on. Warriors are in the perfect situation. Paying K Thompson and D Green pennies on the dollar 15m a year for the next 3 years. They are top 15 talent. You cant match that overpaying above average players 30 million a year. Some teams have gotten better but still not on that level.

This is why Spur's can't compete anyway - pockets not deep enough to write those checks:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDxKnrdXUAA2RQ8.jpg:large

SuperCam
07-03-2017, 09:20 AM
complaining about Sap's three year deal with a team option after year two goes to show how little some spurfan pay attention to the NBA outside this team. Essentially a two year deal who cares about the price, which is pretty much in line with the going rate for those types with the cap explosion regardless. That's a good deal in today's NBA. But PATFO ass lickers will semen shield their refusal to make deals by saying any deal for a star player that isn't below market value is horrible :lmao

Mr. Body
07-03-2017, 09:20 AM
Does the luxury tax money still go to other teams? That would be cool.

itzsoweezee
07-03-2017, 09:29 AM
On the other hand, Spurs are going to have a ton of cap space in 2019, while half the league will be over the cap. Not sure if that will be worth anything because coveted free agents don't go to San Antonio (LMA being the exception).

sasaint
07-03-2017, 09:40 AM
They're not the problem. The problem is an exploding cap and good but aging players sucking up most of it. Then teams are pushing big deals, like max deals, to guys like Otto Porter, too. Meanwhile not much new talent is coming into the league.

The problem is the league is facing an exploding cap and a flatlining talent pool. A tidy, careful team like the Spurs is going to have trouble in this environment.

It is a pity all of the uncertainty caused by the league's decision to explode the salary cap rather than implement incremental cap increases has fallen on Kawhi's prime. But that is beyond the Spurs' control.

I don't think the talent pool is flatlining as much as slightly declining/becoming more unpredictable due to the league's preoccupation with young but raw talent coming out of college much less prepared for NBA-play and the NBA life-style.

purist
07-03-2017, 09:44 AM
if Donald trump was a spurs fan, he'd be posting on this forum. sad. very sad.

DocDoc
07-03-2017, 09:46 AM
It is a pity all of the uncertainty caused by the league's decision to explode the salary cap rather than implement incremental cap increases has fallen on Kawhi's prime. But that is beyond the Spurs' control.

I don't think the talent pool is flatlining as much as slightly declining/becoming more unpredictable due to the league's preoccupation with young but raw talent coming out of college much less prepared for NBA-play and the NBA life-style.

It was the player's union decision and not the league. The NBA was pushing for a ramp up in the cap, with the money in the gap between revenue and cap being distributed to the players anyway - either equal shares or based on salary.

Mr. Body
07-03-2017, 09:53 AM

I definitely think it has flatlined. Take a look at the last ten draft classes. They've been almost uniformly terrible. Sure, there are some good players mixed in, but the lotteries have been terrible.

sasaint
07-03-2017, 10:03 AM
It was the player's union decision and not the league. The NBA was pushing for a ramp up in the cap, with the money in the gap between revenue and cap being distributed to the players anyway - either equal shares or based on salary.

It was the players' union's bargaining position, but they could not implement it unilaterally. Th League cratered to the demand.

james evans
07-03-2017, 10:03 AM
derrick rose is goof for 40-50 games of the season(not including playoffs). What would be the point of signing him again? He hasn't finished a season in years

sasaint
07-03-2017, 10:07 AM
I definitely think it has flatlined. Take a look at the last ten draft classes. They've been almost uniformly terrible. Sure, there are some good players mixed in, but the lotteries have been terrible.

Flatlined - declined/become more unpredictable - take your pick. The product is hurting. The explosion of the cap was intended to enrich the aging stars who control the NBAPA before they declined too much to cash in on the bonanza - other consequences be damned. That's what we now have.

couchman
07-03-2017, 10:32 AM
Outside of Chris Paul I don't think there was a legit option out there for the Spurs that could have elevated us past GS.
CP3 chose to go elsewhere so it's best to stand pat rather than take on a new bad contract.
Just look at the money a bunch of scrubs got out there! It makes our deals with Simmons and Patty look reasonable.

sexinthatsx
07-03-2017, 10:35 AM
On the contrary, I think Spurs are right where they want to be. It basically gives Lamarcus an ultimatum - you either bust your ass to play hard and Spurs get some good players back mid-season, or you oppose and sit on the bench, tanking your trade and subsequent contract value coming out.

daslicer
07-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Outside of Chris Paul I don't think there was a legit option out there for the Spurs that could have elevated us past GS.
CP3 chose to go elsewhere so it's best to stand pat rather than take on a new bad contract.
Just look at the money a bunch of scrubs got out there! It makes our deals with Simmons and Patty look reasonable.

I agree with everything you said except I don't even think CP3 would have helped against the Warriors. The Warriors used to respect him but after 2014 they have owned his ass. Like you said I don't think there was anybody out there that could have really helped the Spurs who was available in this FA market. Historically the Spurs don't sign stars in FA. When they have money they sign good role players. I think most spurs fans have a hard time accepting that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Oh look, another whiny Spurs fan thread bitching because we didn't sign Paul, George, Millsap, and LeBron in the first two days of free agency / trades.

Meanwhile, Spurs are sitting on cap room while several other teams overpay for talent. Spurs are going to get some good talent this summer based on the market collapsing. Look at George Hill. He's gone from 30+ million a year to what? There's talk that something in the low to mid teens might get it done with him now, and honestly there's not much other competition for his services at this point. Spurs could still get him on a bargain deal.

There's several other talented players out there that the Spurs are likely looking into, hell they may have already offered a deal or figured out the price they're willing to pay for. Some of you continue to get bent because the front office isn't communicating all its moves via the Spurs twitter feed. They've never worked that way, Spurs fans should be used to this by now.

So far all I can tell is people are pissed because:

1. We wouldn't commit to giving Paul 200 million, including 45 million a year when he's 37 freakin' years old.
2. We wouldn't give Millsap, a 32 year old big with lots of miles on those knees a $100 million dollar deal for three years when we don't have the cap room either.
3. We didn't have the young assets that Indy was looking for when it traded George.
4. We wouldn't give Otto Porter a max deal.
5. We wouldn't give Redick $23 million a year :lmao

Outside of that, no moves have happened so far that Spurs fans should lose any sleep over. Get a dog, go play with your kids, hit up the Taco Cabana down the street, go set off some firecrackers, and check back in 3-4 days and all will be clear.

ceperez
07-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Oh look, another whiny Spurs fan thread bitching because we didn't sign Paul, George, Millsap, and LeBron in the first two days of free agency / trades.

Meanwhile, Spurs are sitting on cap room while several other teams overpay for talent. Spurs are going to get some good talent this summer based on the market collapsing. Look at George Hill. He's gone from 30+ million a year to what? There's talk that something in the low to mid teens might get it done with him now, and honestly there's not much other competition for his services at this point. Spurs could still get him on a bargain deal.

There's several other talented players out there that the Spurs are likely looking into, hell they may have already offered a deal or figured out the price they're willing to pay for. Some of you continue to get bent because the front office isn't communicating all its moves via the Spurs twitter feed. They've never worked that way, Spurs fans should be used to this by now.

1. We wouldn't commit to giving Paul 200 million, including 45 million a year when he's 37 freakin' years old.
2. We wouldn't give Millsap, a 32 year old big with lots of miles on those knees a $100 million dollar deal for three years when we don't have the cap room either.
3. We didn't have the young assets that Indy was looking for when it traded George.

Outside of that, no moves have happened so far that Spurs fans should lose any sleep over. Get a dog, go play with your kids, hit up the Taco Cabana down the street, go set off some firecrackers, and check back in 3-4 days and all will be clear.

Perfect.

Spurs are the team that eliminated the Rockets without both Parker and Leonard.

They know what they are doing and they know the talent that they have.

Realistically, to beat GSW, Spurs need to turn White into Harden-lite and Blossomgame into Jimmy Butler-lite. Then Spurs can be competitive.

daslicer
07-03-2017, 11:39 AM

They will also bitch about not getting Hayward when he signs a deal with the Celtics or Heat.

GSH
07-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Does the luxury tax money still go to other teams? That would be cool.

No. Most of it now goes to LGBTQ support, to help those traumatized by South Carolina's bathroom bill.

MaNu4Tres
07-03-2017, 11:47 AM
They will also bitch about not getting Hayward when he signs a deal with the Celtics or Heat.

Nah, this Spurs fan will just bitch about the Spurs paying Patty 50 million the first second of free agency.

If you're going to pay, pay for a upgrade. Don't pay at the position if it doesn't move the needle. Mills is a sideways move that keeps depth/experience intact w/ rotation at the PG spot.

George Hill actually moved the needle -- if they just had some patience to pay him instead of Mills, the Spurs would have actually made a guaranteed stride towards GS.

Now it's all dependent on a Murray leap and Spurs paid 50 million for this scenario. Beyond unnecessary.

Mr. Body
07-03-2017, 11:52 AM
No. Most of it now goes to LGBTQ support, to help those traumatized by South Carolina's bathroom bill.

North Carolina.

daslicer
07-03-2017, 01:32 PM
Nah, this Spurs fan will just bitch about the Spurs paying Patty 50 million the first second of free agency.

If you're going to pay, pay for a upgrade. Don't pay at the position if it doesn't move the needle. Mills is a sideways move that keeps depth/experience intact w/ rotation at the PG spot.

George Hill actually moved the needle -- if they just had some patience to pay him instead of Mills, the Spurs would have actually made a guaranteed stride towards GS.

Now it's all dependent on a Murray leap and Spurs paid 50 million for this scenario. Beyond unnecessary.

I thought Mills contract was a lot. Your right the Spurs should have waited and let the market dictate Mill's value. It's possible they could have gotten him for a little bit cheaper around 8-9 mil year. Regardless of how much the Spurs paid Mills I didn't think George Hill was going to comeback here. Hill is looking to get paid. I have heard he wants to get somewhere around 20 mil a year. There is rumors now that he might sign a 1 year deal with the Lakers that is similar to what Reddick got with the Sixers.

GSH
07-03-2017, 01:38 PM
North Carolina.

LOL. Obviously I wasn't traumatized by it. North Carolina it is.

DaBears
07-03-2017, 02:24 PM
From award winning to stupid and helpless. I guess all the wins don't equal cash. How do you make no moves? Sign a crap shooting guard that can't defend, got a guy who doesn't want to play here, and a PG that can't defend and is slow has molasses. Did I forget stupid DG who can't shoot or dribble and knows they want to get rid of him.

AnyOne with brains replies!!! The same team that you just mentioned got this team to the 2nd best record in the Association & WCF... Yeap pretty crappy team I'd say.. :nope

TD 21
07-03-2017, 02:49 PM

They probably could have had Millsap, a better player and cultural fit than Aldridge (who they then could have mostly salary dumped), for essentially 2 years and $38-39M. Aldridge will make $21-22M next season anyway, so add $8-9M for next season, $30M for the following one and then they could have declined the team option.

Culture is a great thing until you overvalue it.

:tu

TrainOfThought5
07-03-2017, 03:19 PM

We needed Hill and Millsap. I think that would have been enough to overtake GS.

sasaint
07-03-2017, 03:27 PM

:tu :lmao

DMC
07-03-2017, 04:04 PM
1st, what's broken with the team?

2nd, what does that mean in terms of prognosis for next season?

3rd, who exists as a free agent that can change that prognosis for the better?

4th, is it a valuable move for the future of the franchise or just a PR statement?

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2017, 04:09 PM
1st, what's broken with the team??
:lmao If you really have to ask that...

TrainOfThought5
07-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Getting George Hill back would make me a very happy man.

DMC
07-03-2017, 04:10 PM
:lmao If you really have to ask that...

Answer, if it's so easy. Then progress down the list. I didn't say they don't have needs, but go ahead.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Answer, if it's so easy. Then progress down the list. I didn't say they don't have needs, but go ahead.
Why would I waste time on a poor man's Chump... :lol Two sentences is all you get.

TimDunkem
07-03-2017, 04:17 PM
Why would I waste time on a poor man's Chump... :lol Two sentences is all you get.:lmao ChumDumpster. What ever happened to that fuck anyway? Went from posting 60 times a day for over a decade to disappearing altogether.

mudyez
07-03-2017, 04:18 PM
They probably could have had Millsap, a better player and cultural fit than Aldridge (who they then could have mostly salary dumped), for essentially 2 years and $38-39M. Aldridge will make $21-22M next season anyway, so add $8-9M for next season, $30M for the following one and then they could have declined the team option.

:tu

Beeing sarcastic?
Or what leads you to this assumption?

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2017, 04:18 PM
:lmao ChumDumpster. What ever happened to that fuck anyway? Went from posting 60 times a day for over a decade to disappearing altogether.
Fat hands up there probably choked him. RIP

DMC
07-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Why would I waste time on a poor man's Chump... :lol Two sentences is all you get.

That's what I thought. Pussy little white Twitter faggot Joe, bottom of the barrel still after all these years. :lol

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2017, 04:23 PM
http://gadgetguruhd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/warcraft-nerd-south-park.jpg
That's what I thought. Pussy little white Twitter faggot Joe, bottom of the barrel still after all these years. :lol

DPG21920
07-03-2017, 04:24 PM
1st, what's broken with the team?

2nd, what does that mean in terms of prognosis for next season?

3rd, who exists as a free agent that can change that prognosis for the better?

4th, is it a valuable move for the future of the franchise or just a PR statement?

1. What's truly broken? The guard rotation. Was still relying on Tony Parker & Manu too much and found out that Mills, while a quality back up who can open games up with his shooting/energy is not a viable starter. Secondly, it would be wing depth and versatility. SA still had a tremendous defense anchored by LMA/Kawhi/Danny, but against teams that truly matter (meaning the talent is close to equal to SA) it becomes an issue with how they play.

- Solutions: TP is injured and Manu may be retired. SA did not appear to be that interested in spending large on the PG position with who was available (CP, Lowry, Hill, Jrue, etc...some of which like Jrue were not truly available). It appears the plan for now is add to the youth/versatility at guard (give Murray more time, bring in a defensive minded guard in Hanga, draft a combo guard in the Hill mode with White, bring back Simmons). Is this truly their long-term plan to go with this group and spend elsewhere? Not sure. Could be they wait until next year for a guard they think works long-term better and/or give Murray the one year to see how he develops with TP naturally coming off the books.

2. What does it mean for prognosis next season: At this point, it's a big question mark. Depending on what other moves they make, it appears that having more money in easier fashion (not forced to trade anyone to open up space) is a viable plan. But if they sign a few guys that eat into 2018 money that becomes a bit more cloudy. With how regular season TP was and how little Murray played, I think what they have now: Murray, Mills, White, Hanga (assumption), Simmons (assumption), Forbes & Danny is probably an upgrade. With no other improvements but there, while it may lead to some regular season bumps and bruises (unless Forbes and White and Murray all really bust which is possible but not likely imo) the team could actually have a *slightly higher ceiling and now have a major hole filled with no need to commit crazy money.

3. Who exists in FA: This is the tough one this season because this question is not just about who's available to help, but what SA would have to do to get to the point to make an offer for said person. Is LMA truly unhappy and what can you get for him in a deal. That question right there is the biggest concern/variable for this 3rd question. If SA could get some pieces that are actually decent while opening space, they could re-tool in a fashion more conducive to the style of play that might beat a GS. I do think with prices falling, a combo guard like Hill over Mills would have been better this year and appears that LMA would not have had to been moved for that type of cap space. But cap space is not just for free agents although that is the path of least resistance. Cap space is also for absorbing trades and so it's not just about who's a free agent, but who's available via trade as well (Jimmy Butler, Paul George, etc..)

4. Spurs don't really seem too concerned with PR other than maintaining the structure they built where loyalty plays a large role in what they do. Dumping TP, even though most of us knew was a long shot, was likely never going to happen. It's ok because like in question 3, there does not appear to be a free agent, that minus TP/LMA and added them truly grows the team all that much.

They need to add to Kawhi/Danny with a true 2nd star and maybe a third or fourth and hopefully Murray can fill one of those voids.

TD 21
07-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Beeing sarcastic?
Or what leads you to this assumption?

I'm guessing that had they made the same offer, he picks them, for all the obvious reasons.

ginobilized
07-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Lamarcus fouled the pool this summer. Bummer.
Not much to be done, sadly.

07-03-2017, 06:29 PM
I'm glad some of the posters aren't in the Spurs FO.

The team would be run into the ground, much like Phil Jackson did with the Knicks.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2017, 06:40 PM
I'm glad some of the posters aren't in the Spurs FO.

The team would be run into the ground, much like Phil Jackson did with the Knicks.
I'm glad PATFO fluffers don't either. This team would look like the Austin Spurs, oh wait it already does without Kawhi

Down Under
07-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Honestly, standing pat and giving Murray & Bertans more minutes is looking like the best option at this stage (maybe add Hanga). It's a weak FA class & an undesirable destination so our chances of landing anything which is going to put us in contention is very unlikely. Murray is going to need another year before he's a difference maker, if at all. The only player I'd be taking a flyer on is Tiago. He'll probably be chronically injured because he's had calf and leg injuries chronically related to his hip surgery but he'd still be an effective role player if he could stay on the court. I'd say he'd be available for the minimum.

EIC
07-04-2017, 06:04 AM

Exactly. We're not pissed about missing Butler, PG13, Millsap, or CP3 (maybe a little), we're pissed about overpaying a scrub and still having a bunch of other deadweight on the roster.

dbestpro
07-04-2017, 09:07 AM
LMA and Green are toxic, and need to be moved in order for the team to improve. This is a league for wings that can score, which has made Green a negative value regardless of his defense. LMA is a head case, worse than Rodman.

Chinook
07-04-2017, 09:15 AM
LMA and Green are toxic, and need to be moved in order for the team to improve. This is a league for wings that can score, which has made Green a negative value regardless of his defense. LMA is a head case, worse than Rodman.

^ What happens when people start believing in hyperbolic shticks.

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2017, 09:23 AM
He's right.

Chinook
07-04-2017, 09:25 AM
He's right.

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2017, 09:29 AM
^ what happens when people truly believe a D-Leaguer with a broken shot is "irreplaceable"

MaNu4Tres
07-04-2017, 09:34 AM
WCF is a great feat but lets put some context into the equation. The NBA and the West was watered down compared to other years. Houston was the only decent threat and Spurs struggled to get past Memphis.

So based on the results of beating Memphis & HOU in 6 games, that means everything is just great as is? Complacency with re-signing parts that dont move the needle will be the reason this team doesnt progress -- all while most other WC teams are doing everything they can to make gains on the Warriors.*

Spurs standing pat and overpaying (overpaying due to context of crowded PG situation) to keep an expendable piece because of culture, while others are relentlessly trying to climb will be the reason other teams leap over the Spurs in the West the next 1-3 years.

Spurs should never be content or satisfied, but it seems to me they overvalue continuity and culture. It worked when they had 3 hall of famers in the prime of their career always steering the ship, but those days are long gone.

mookie2001
07-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Well yeah the simple math is with Green getting starters minutes and averaging 6 ppg, it puts too much scoring pressure on our other high usage players who aren't kawhi.

Chinook
07-04-2017, 10:06 AM
^ what happens when people truly believe a D-Leaguer with a broken shot is "irreplaceable"

As soon as replaceable becomes toxic, you'll have a point.

Chinook
07-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Well yeah the simple math is with Green getting starters minutes and averaging 6 ppg, it puts too much scoring pressure on our other high usage players who aren't kawhi.

Green was the lowest-paid starter last season (counting Pau in that role because that was the plan) and the only one who was defense-first. There should be more pressure on guys like Pau, Parker and Mills to score more.

Darius Bieber
07-04-2017, 10:10 AM
I'm glad PATFO fluffers don't either. This team would look like the Austin Spurs, oh wait it already does without Kawhi

Austin Spurs would win tbh. They show more heart.

buttsR4rebounding
07-04-2017, 10:46 AM
The Spurs have always acted in a way that was best for the long term. Last year the spike in the salary cap temporarily skewed the market for role players. The salary cap jumped 34% from the 15/16 season to the 16/17 season. But because teams had to spend to at least 90% of the threshold and more because most GMs don't have the job security that Buford has they massively spent on guys who weren't even starters much less stars--Crabbe, Mozgov, etc. Role players weren't paid 34% more they were paid in some cases 300% more. Now the salary cap is moving up more slowly as it had in the past. Last year's spending spree set expectations for this year unrealistically high and while there was a bit of a final blow off for lesser talent for the most part it is over. Many players that were expecting massive paydays will settle for 1 year deals or much smaller long term deals--Reddick, Hill, etc. Just because the Spurs FO elected not to get swept away in the hysteria doesn't mean that they were paralyzed it simply means that they are patient. Not dropping LMA for a bag of peanuts as some would have them do was prudent. So many GMs are herd thinkers. Whatever happened most recently will continue ad nauseum. When LMA goes through a nice stretch during the season his value will skyrocket and the Spurs will make a trade if they are so inclined. I think Popovich will work to get LMA more success this year and that will make his value higher and his attitude better. This board is the epitome of impatience so to some patience is mistaken for being paralyzed.

Leetonidas
07-04-2017, 10:51 AM
The Spurs have always acted in a way that was best for the long term. Last year the spike in the salary cap temporarily skewed the market for role players. The salary cap jumped 34% from the 15/16 season to the 16/17 season. But because teams had to spend to at least 90% of the threshold and more because most GMs don't have the job security that Buford has they massively spent on guys who weren't even starters much less stars--Crabbe, Mozgov, etc. Role players weren't paid 34% more they were paid in some cases 300% more. Now the salary cap is moving up more slowly as it had in the past. Last year's spending spree set expectations for this year unrealistically high and while there was a bit of a final blow off for lesser talent for the most part it is over. Many players that were expecting massive paydays will settle for 1 year deals or much smaller long term deals--Reddick, Hill, etc. Just because the Spurs FO elected not to get swept away in the hysteria doesn't mean that they were paralyzed it simply means that they are patient. Not dropping LMA for a bag of peanuts as some would have them do was prudent. So many GMs are herd thinkers. Whatever happened most recently will continue ad nauseum. When LMA goes through a nice stretch during the season his value will skyrocket and the Spurs will make a trade if they are so inclined. I think Popovich will work to get LMA more success this year and that will make his value higher and his attitude better. This board is the epitome of impatience so to some patience is mistaken for being paralyzed.

This.

BSfromTX
07-04-2017, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=Chinook;9075217]Green was the lowest-paid starter last season (counting Pau in that role because that was the plan) and the only one who was defense-first. There should be more pressure on guys like Pau, Parker and Mills to score more.[/QUOTE

very reasonable. We need better passing and scoring from other positions to facilitate Danny on offense.

EIC
07-04-2017, 03:27 PM
WCF is a great feat but lets put some context into the equation. The NBA and the West was watered down compared to other years. Houston was the only decent threat and Spurs struggled to get past Memphis.

So based on the results of beating Memphis & HOU in 6 games, that means everything is just great as is? Complacency with re-signing parts that dont move the needle will be the reason this team doesnt progress -- all while most other WC teams are doing everything they can to make gains on the Warriors.*

Spurs standing pat and overpaying (overpaying due to context of crowded PG situation) to keep an expendable piece because of culture, while others are relentlessly trying to climb will be the reason other teams leap over the Spurs in the West the next 1-3 years.

Spurs should never be content or satisfied, but it seems to me they overvalue continuity and culture. It worked when they had 3 hall of famers in the prime of their career always steering the ship, but those days are long gone.

1,000% this. The NBA as a whole, West included, was hammered dog shit last year. No OKC or LAC as legit threats, just GSW and HOU. HOU did the typical D'Antoni thing and folded like a cheap suit in the playoffs, leaving just GSW, who swept us and probably would have beat us in 5 or 6 games even with Kawhi.

Spurs are going to be even weaker next year (no Dedmon or TP; an older Pau) and every one else will be better: GSW is going to play with better cohesion now that Durbeta has been in the system, OKC has PG13, Houston has the second best backcourt behind GSW, the TWolves are stacked, and a healthy Memphis will give the Spurs fits. People are in for a rude awakening if they think this team is gonna win 60 games and stroll into the WCF next year. Six seed at best.

daslicer
07-04-2017, 04:17 PM
1,000% this. The NBA as a whole, West included, was hammered dog shit last year. No OKC or LAC as legit threats, just GSW and HOU. HOU did the typical D'Antoni thing and folded like a cheap suit in the playoffs, leaving just GSW, who swept us and probably would have beat us in 5 or 6 games even with Kawhi.

Spurs are going to be even weaker next year (no Dedmon or TP; an older Pau) and every one else will be better: GSW is going to play with better cohesion now that Durbeta has been in the system, OKC has PG13, Houston has the second best backcourt behind GSW, the TWolves are stacked, and a healthy Memphis will give the Spurs fits. People are in for a rude awakening if they think this team is gonna win 60 games and stroll into the WCF next year. Six seed at best.

Spurs will finish somewhere in the top 4 in the conference depending on health and team chemistry. The Grizzlies lost ZBO who won them 1 game in the series against the Spurs. Without ZBO the Spurs sweep or beat the Grizzlies in 5. GSW can not play any better than they did last year granted I still have them getting the 1 seed in the West barring injures. Only way they can top this year is by winning 70 plus. I can't see the Twolves being a top 4 team this upcoming season since they are still very young and inexperience. Young teams that haven't gone to the playoffs tend to not make great leaps of suddenly becoming a top 4 team. Adding Jimmy Butler propels them in the 6-8 spot. GSW,Rox,OKC all 3 of them can end up winning more games then the Spurs but I can't see any other teams doing better record wise.

I still believe the Spurs can beat OKC and Rox in a 7 game series. Spurs were always competitive against Durant-Westbrook and should have won against them in '16 if it wasn't for the refs botching up calls in literally the final 2 minutes of game 2 and 5. Westbrook-George is a lesser version of that duo and is very beatable. The Rox are a D'Antoni team and even with CP3 will still go down like a typical D'Antoni team does come playoff time. Spurs will win somewhere around 55-60.

buttsR4rebounding
07-04-2017, 04:24 PM

You don't even know what the Spurs end up looking like. It's a marathon, not a sprint. You give credit to other teams for better team cohesion, but the Spurs are a year older. There are a number of scenarios that still work for the Spurs. 5th or 6th seed. I'd bet you $500 the Spurs finish 4th or higher. Kawhi alone will get you that.

therealtruth
07-04-2017, 04:34 PM

I don't understand why the Spurs don't move to a more equal opportunity offense like the Warriors. Everyone has to be a threat to score to compete against a team like the Warriors. Otherwise they just focus on the best scoring options. That's why the Mills/Green backcourt was so ineffective. Green couldn't really punish the Warriors for putting Curry on him and it allowed them to put Klay on Mills and make him ineffective.

cutewizard
07-05-2017, 08:22 AM
Defense......

DaBears
07-05-2017, 09:19 AM

could be that or we give PAFTO possibly to much credit... As far as going out and getting free agents.. In the past 10 seasons who many good free agents have they went out and got & it worked out successfully?.. RJ - NO , 2nd coming of SJAX not much, LMA not panning out.

McDyess is really the last one I can think of, Horry as well.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-05-2017, 09:22 AM
could be that or we give PAFTO possibly to much credit... As far as going out and getting free agents.. In the past 10 seasons who many good free agents have they went out and got & it worked out successfully?.. RJ - NO , 2nd coming of SJAX not much, LMA not panning out.

Wait, you think acquiring McDyess has worked successfully?

sasaint
07-05-2017, 09:23 AM

Gotta count Boris as a big success despite his last season here. Several one and/or two year rentals - Marco and Gary Neal, for example.

buttsR4rebounding
07-05-2017, 09:52 AM

RJ was actually a trade with Milwaukee. And while there is turmoil with LMA right now the Spurs have won more games, 128, during the regular season than any other 2 year stretch in their history. The standard of success only being championships is a bar that very few FA in the NBA can hurdle. I agree LMA is too thin-skinned, but when you have someone play a certain role for 2 years, then ask him to play another way in the WCF with 2 of the other best performers out of the line up you can't be surprised that he is not successful. Especially someone who is at his best when a penetrating PG sets him up and you now have a rookie trying to feed him or an undersized SG playing PG. That is a formula for failure, but unfortunately that's what was available. The Spurs will be fine. I fully expect them to make the WCF again. LMA will have his best season with the Spurs. If you will recall he wanted out of Portland, but did not cause any problems. He had one of his best seasons. By December this board will be singing his praises. A little perspective is sorely needed.

DaBears
07-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Gotta count Boris as a big success despite his last season here. Several one and/or two year rentals - Marco and Gary Neal, for example.

Agreed Boris and those mentioned were good pick up's for sure.

poop
07-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Please tell me this isnt how we will start next season...did i miss something??

Joseph Kony
07-05-2017, 12:08 PM
the FA signing period hasnt even begun. calm your tits

TheDoctor
07-05-2017, 12:12 PM
Not being a paranoid?

jermaine
07-05-2017, 12:18 PM
Be patient grasshoppa!!

SpurPadre
07-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Calm down...we're signing Jeff Ayres and giving him a max contract.

SuperCam
07-05-2017, 12:30 PM
You heard the PATFO suckers, free agency hasn't started yet, even though it's already over for all intents and purposes for any player besides JAG scrubs.

ducks
07-05-2017, 01:03 PM

no one can sign yet

Hoops Czar
07-05-2017, 01:18 PM
no one can sign yet
Who do they have in the pipeline other than drama queen?

SilverSpur
07-05-2017, 01:18 PM
We are going to resign Dedmon and Lee for Vet minimum and maybe bring back Baynes or Splitter.
Was hoping to sign Omri Casspi to one year deal for Vet Min but instead that happen for Golden State.
I don't think Simmons is worth 9 mil a year, too much money too fast, should be half that.

BatManu20
07-05-2017, 01:30 PM
This team isn't old enough. We need some savvy vets to come in and shake things up. Jet Terry or Vince Carter would be great pickups.

Taking it to the Hole
07-05-2017, 02:51 PM
This team isn't old enough. We need some savvy vets to come in and shake things up. Jet Terry or Vince Carter would be great pickups.

I agree that Vince Carter would be helpful because he can still shoot but I would like him only if Manu doesn't come back because having him and Manu is redundant because they both are not going to play a lot of minutes. Rather use just one roster spot then two on limited minute players.

BatManu20
07-05-2017, 02:57 PM
I agree that Vince Carter would be helpful because he can still shoot but I would like him only if Manu doesn't come back because having him and Manu is redundant because they both are not going to play a lot of minutes. Rather use just one roster spot then two on limited minute players.

Guess I should've blue'd the font.

noles1983
07-05-2017, 03:00 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPotnGlA5FSF2fKw/giphy.gif

Mikeanaro
07-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Guess I should've blue'd the font.

spurs10
07-05-2017, 03:13 PM
Calm down...we're signing Jeff Ayres and giving him a max contract. I heard he has working on that catching the ball thing!

Dex
07-05-2017, 03:18 PM
the FA signing period hasnt even begun. calm your tits

Dex
07-05-2017, 03:18 PM

I believe Richard Jefferson is available.

tmtcsc
07-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Yes - 4 days in to free agency and that's all that has happened.

CP3 never hit the market, Indiana gave Paul George away to OKC, Kyle Lowry stayed in Toronto for ridiculous money and Blake Griffith did the same in LA. Iguodala stayed with his same team, George Hill left Utah for Sacramento & Hayward bolted to Boston. Millsap went to Denver where he is now making more money than anyone on the Spurs roster.

Dex
07-05-2017, 03:29 PM
Yes - 4 days in to free agency and that's all that has happened.

CP3 never hit the market, Indiana gave Paul George away to OKC, Kyle Lowry stayed in Toronto for ridiculous money and Blake Griffith did the same in LA. Iguodala stayed with his same team, George Hill left Utah for Sacramento & Hayward bolted to Boston. Millsap went to Denver where he is now making more money than anyone on the Spurs roster.

And there was a timvp sighting! What a time to be alive...

tmtcsc
07-05-2017, 03:30 PM
We are going to resign Dedmon and Lee for Vet minimum and maybe bring back Baynes or Splitter.
Was hoping to sign Omri Casspi to one year deal for Vet Min but instead that happen for Golden State.
I don't think Simmons is worth 9 mil a year, too much money too fast, should be half that.

Omri Casspi? Are you Jewish? I don't see the appeal. He hasn't amounted to much after all the hype years ago.

r0drig0lac
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/downspin.gif

Mal
At least Parker didn't sign extension

Spurs9
07-05-2017, 03:54 PM
:pop: everything is going according to plan

buttsR4rebounding
07-05-2017, 04:00 PM

Evidently you missed all the other threads discussing this same topic.

FkLA
07-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Yo, seriously what is going on? The Warriors have re-signed all their guys and also got Casspi and Swaggy Pee. PATFO OTOH, have been standing around with their dicks in their hands since the first minute of free agency smh.

At this point I'd take news of just an offer or Pau's new deal since we aren't hearing absolutely anything about anything.

tonight...you
07-05-2017, 04:30 PM
Defense......
Offense......

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2017, 04:41 PM
RJ was actually a trade with Milwaukee. And while there is turmoil with LMA right now the Spurs have won more games, 128, during the regular season than any other 2 year stretch in their history. The standard of success only being championships is a bar that very few FA in the NBA can hurdle. I agree LMA is too thin-skinned, but when you have someone play a certain role for 2 years, then ask him to play another way in the WCF with 2 of the other best performers out of the line up you can't be surprised that he is not successful. Especially someone who is at his best when a penetrating PG sets him up and you now have a rookie trying to feed him or an undersized SG playing PG. That is a formula for failure, but unfortunately that's what was available. The Spurs will be fine. I fully expect them to make the WCF again. LMA will have his best season with the Spurs. If you will recall he wanted out of Portland, but did not cause any problems. He had one of his best seasons. By December this board will be singing his praises. A little perspective is sorely needed.

Holy shit you're literally the poster vy was talking about

It's funny how Spurs fans of old used to mock teams like the Suns and the Mavs for racking up regular season wins only to fail miserably during the playoffs. Now, Spurs fans seem to be content with a 60+ win regular season and playoff futility at the hands of the warriors.

Can't believe spursfans are taking moral victories like regular season wins in a then weak league. Pathetic beta mentality aka dat RC mentality

rastaspur
07-05-2017, 04:49 PM
:lmao ChumDumpster. What ever happened to that fuck anyway? Went from posting 60 times a day for over a decade to disappearing altogether.

I think he is on here posting under a different name as a volume poster with a different sthick.

Based on the sheer volume chump posted at, a few posters might be him in disguise. The volume trend rules out alot.

Is SA girl really chump dumper? She posts alot and came around right around the time he disapeared but I've never noticed any of dumper's tendencies from her. I doubt it's sa girl.

So I have crossed one off from deductive reasoning. Someone else pick it up the torch until the mystery is solved.

therealtruth
07-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Got to hope for some internal improvement. Play the young guys and let them develop.

therealtruth
07-05-2017, 05:24 PM
The problem is PATFO always get guys on their downward path of their career. LA was the closest to an in his prime star they've got in a while and we all see how that's turned out.

Big Empty
07-05-2017, 05:36 PM
what does PATFO mean?

daledondale
07-05-2017, 05:43 PM
:pop: everything is going according to plan:rollin

Russ
07-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Wait...so we signed no one, moved no one, and LA is staying a spur??

As John Wooden used to say, "Don't mistake activity for achievement."

SuperCam
07-05-2017, 05:54 PM
As John Wooden used to say, "Don't mistake activity for achievement."

wooden didn't win shit without signing the best talent to his teams just look at his record before the 60s :lol

Snaq O'Meal
07-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Yo, seriously what is going on? The Warriors have re-signed all their guys and also got Casspi and Swaggy Pee. PATFO OTOH, have been standing around with their dicks in their hands since the first minute of free agency smh.

At this point I'd take news of just an offer or Pau's new deal since we aren't hearing absolutely anything about anything.

PATFO did do something. They gave Patty a new contract.

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Spurs better go after a shooting guard. Nick Young is gone, but there's still Ellis and Crawford who will clear waivers soon. Celtics are also making Bradley, Smart, and Crowder available.

Can't go into next season with D-League Green and Adam Topanga

Mr. Body
07-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Spurs better go after a shooting guard. Nick Young is gone, but there's still Ellis and Crawford who will clear waivers soon. Celtics are also making Bradley, Smart, and Crowder available.

Can't go into next season with D-League Green and Adam Topanga

I thought shooting guard was Mir important than big man in the off season. They need a dynamic scorer somehow.

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2017, 07:22 PM
I thought shooting guard was Mir important than big man in the off season. They need a dynamic scorer somehow.
Agreed. Shooting guard was the weakest position last year, IMO.

jmard5
07-05-2017, 07:25 PM
what does PATFO mean?

Pop And The Front Office

Mr. Body
07-05-2017, 07:26 PM
In retrospect they should have gone after Butler. Not that their package could have worked or he's actually that great, but someone like him.

tmtcsc
07-05-2017, 09:30 PM
In retrospect they should have gone after Butler. Not that their package could have worked or he's actually that great, but someone like him.

I would have liked Butler on the team.

Proxy
07-05-2017, 09:38 PM
what do you guys want haha... they missed out on some big names. It's totally fine to sit and wait for next offseason, not like anyone would've propelled the team over GS. Kawhi will get his MVP now and they'll get someone at trade deadline or next summer

TheDoctor
07-06-2017, 12:33 AM
Defense......

Offense......

Bothfense......

TheDoctor
07-06-2017, 12:47 AM

RC thought CoJo was better so....

BTW, I didn't know Bufford had his own Smiley. When you write : RC (w/o spaces) gives you this --> :drunk

BillMc
07-06-2017, 01:33 AM
FA knows there will be plenty of decent talent forced to take low end contracts when the money is all used up by other teams. Spurs don't spurge often on FAs (And when they do LMA, Gasol) nobody's happy even then. :lol

LakerHater
07-06-2017, 02:41 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEBc6w6V0AAEOQ0.jpg

duncan2k5
07-06-2017, 03:31 AM
Horrible off season...keeping LA even though he doesn't Anna be here, so he will be even more of an unmotivated p*ssy on the court, still gonna start Danny even though we need someone more dynamic (I even prefer Simmons starting over Danny) against the good teams because Danny can only shoot, and the good teams take that away..... Besides his defense is overrated... Other teams make trades where they get good players for shit...our front office is overrated...our competition have all improved, AMD we managed to get worse...now we gonna start an Old. Slow, flat footed gasol

ceperez
07-06-2017, 05:18 AM
It ain't over yet.... perhaps Spurs are working on a deal to get both Gasol brothers to play here!

Project team:

Mills / White / Forbes / Mills
Green / Simmons / Hanga
Leonard / Blossomgame (or a free agent)
Crowder/Anderson/Bertans
Marc / Pau

14 players.

Wait... where is Murray?

ceperez
07-06-2017, 07:23 AM
Rockets and OKC look much improved.

Spurs will need a blockbuster trade from Marc Gasol to turn the tables. If not, they would have given up on this season.

Poolboy5623
07-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Now Marc Gasol is coming to the Spurs? Lol and is being traded for LMA?? Just wow

***just make sure Murray isn't part of the trade package... Mr "untouchable" that can't stand out in SL play

Chillen
07-06-2017, 08:14 AM
Where is this Marc Gasol trade stuff coming from? I heard the Celtics rumor but nothing about Spurs. Yes that would be good but how is it possible?

ceperez
07-06-2017, 08:35 AM
Where is this Marc Gasol trade stuff coming from? I heard the Celtics rumor but nothing about Spurs. Yes that would be good but how is it possible?

4 way trade? Spurs, Celtics, Grizzlies, Utah?

tholdren
07-06-2017, 09:34 AM

Unless they trade pau for marc straight up, no deal

FkLA
07-06-2017, 11:44 AM
*crickets*

Chillen
07-06-2017, 12:14 PM
I wonder if RC and Pop are filming a sequel right now to Cast Away on some remote pacific island.

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2017, 01:17 PM
I wonder if RC and Pop are filming a sequel right now to Cast Away on some remote pacific island.
http://socialnewsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/tom-hanks-wilson.jpg
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/spurs/Schad/img/Spurs/Headshots/rc.jpg

Big Empty
07-06-2017, 01:18 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/spurs/Schad/img/Spurs/Headshots/rc.jpg
HA HA HA BLASPHEMY

SpursforSix
07-06-2017, 01:22 PM
Rockets and OKC look much improved.

Spurs will need a blockbuster trade from Marc Gasol to turn the tables. If not, they would have given up on this season.

Fuck that. I like Cousins better. Physically much better. Plus he's still young. I'll take my chances that Pop could get him in line.
I'd rather send Pau to Memphis for Conley and have Conley restructure.

PG: Conley
SG: Simmons
C: Cousins
SF: Leonard
PF: Bertrans

Chillen
07-06-2017, 03:04 PM

Cast Away 2 - starring Pop and RC. Plot: Pop hops on a plane headed for Australia to get away from Trump and RC surprises him and tries to talk him into coming back and coaching the San Antonio Spurs. So the plane has engine failure and crashes in the Pacific Ocean and Pop, RC and Matt Barnes survive and find an island to try and survive on till they can find help.

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Cast Away 2 - starring Pop and RC. Plot: Pop hops on a plane headed for Australia to get away from Trump and RC surprises him and tries to talk him into coming back and coaching the San Antonio Spurs. So the plane has engine failure and crashes in the Pacific Ocean and Pop, RC and Matt Barnes survive and find an island to try and survive on till they can find help.
They were declared dead at 12:02am, just a minute after they agreed to buy a $50,000,000 broken microwave.

Chillen
07-06-2017, 03:26 PM
They were declared dead at 12:02am, just a minute after they agreed to buy a $50,000,000 broken microwave.

Haha. I just heard breaking news the Spurs have signed the volleyball from Cast Away to a 4 year, $50 million dollar contract. RC thinks it's the key to beating the Warriors, make them have to play Volleyball.

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Haha. I just heard breaking news the Spurs have signed the volleyball from Cast Away to a 4 year, $50 million dollar contract. RC thinks it's the key to beating the Warriors, make them have to play Volleyball.
:lol

SpurOutofTownFan
07-06-2017, 08:20 PM
lol at this thread