PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Durant agrees to two year $53 million dollar deal

Chris
07-03-2017, 05:38 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19804599/kevin-durant-agree-2-year-53m-deal-warriors

Golden State Warriors All-Star forward Kevin Durant will agree to a two-year, approximately $53 million deal, league sources tell ESPN.

Durant, who is an unrestricted free agent, will possess a player option on the second year, sources say.

Sources say Durant would likely opt out again in the summer of 2018.

The 2017 NBA Finals MVP will be taking somewhere in the vicinity of a $9 million pay cut, being that he could have secured a max of $34 million.

This act of selflessness is giving the Warriors every resource possible to recruit and retain talent. Durant declined his 2017-18 player to become a free agent with sole purpose of allowing the Warriors to retain the Bird rights to Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston.

http://a3.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0516%2Fr209990_1296x729_16 %2D9.jpg&w=570

Golden State locked both players up for three more seasons and it was Durant's gesture that aided the organization in producing the finances necessary to getting those deals done. Sources say had Iguodala left via free-agency, Durant was willing to take even less to help restock the roster.

The Warriors still have work to do in bringing back their championship roster.

Golden State is still interested in retaining JaVale McGee, a source told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne. McGee, who had a resurgent year for the Warriors on a veteran minimum deal, is also drawing interest from the Clippers, Suns and Heat.

Chris
07-03-2017, 05:41 PM
"This act of selflessness" :lmao

spurs10
07-03-2017, 06:00 PM
"This act of selflessness" :lmao Yeah Durant is the douchebag that keeps on giving. Anything to compete as little as possible for a ring. :depressed

Mitch
07-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Yeah Durant is the douchebag that keeps on giving. Anything to compete as little as possible for a ring. :depressed

But when a Spur does it then it's classy :lol

Fuck outta here, if a man wants his ring more than a few million then so be it.

David Stern
07-03-2017, 07:29 PM
The downfall continues. Curry needing that $40 million, Iggy demanding $48 million, Durant inking another short paycut deal. Lux tax looming. Kerr's back issues not going away.All is well right at this moment, but in 2 years from now...this shit is going to hit the fan. Playoff elimination is going to be so brutal for this team. It's so easy to be "unselfish" when you ring, but that quickly evaporates when playoff elimination happens. 2 years and this team is finished.

I. Hustle
07-03-2017, 07:35 PM

I agree and disagree with you. I don't think it's the same as when Tim did it. Only because I think Tim was more vital to the team when he did it. If KD left, the Dubs would still have a really good shot.

I will say though, the Warriors didn't do anything wrong. For the most part, they built their team through the draft and then just added a solid player. It's not like MVP caliber players all got together from different teams to form a super team. The warriors did things the right way. It's not their fault that the stars aligned and everything worked out in their favor.

I. Hustle
07-03-2017, 07:35 PM
The downfall continues. Curry needing that $40 million, Iggy demanding $48 million, Durant inking another short paycut deal. Lux tax looming. Kerr's back issues not going away.All is well right at this moment, but in 2 years from now...this shit is going to hit the fan. Playoff elimination is going to be so brutal for this team. It's so easy to be "unselfish" when you ring, but that quickly evaporates when playoff elimination happens. 2 years and this team is finished.

Talk to me when you have at least 250 posts

Clipper Nation
07-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Biggest coward in sports history, and it's not even close. It wasn't enough that Durbeta gave up being a superstar to go be a role player on Steph's team in his prime - now this faggot is taking massive paycuts so he can continue to have it as easy as possible. And you just know that the Warriors are paying him under the table anyway. What a joke.

David Stern
07-03-2017, 08:03 PM
I agree and disagree with you. I don't think it's the same as when Tim did it. Only because I think Tim was more vital to the team when he did it. If KD left, the Dubs would still have a really good shot.

I will say though, the Warriors didn't do anything wrong. For the most part, they built their team through the draft and then just added a solid player. It's not like MVP caliber players all got together from different teams to form a super team. The warriors did things the right way. It's not their fault that the stars aligned and everything worked out in their favor.

2 year window and then it's over. And yes they did something wrong. Their 2nd best player decided to take a supermax contract. Their other star players will be doing the same. Durant only took a "paycut" for 2 years. Quit comparing them to the spurs.

apalisoc_9
07-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Biggest coward in sports history, and it's not even close. It wasn't enough that Durbeta gave up being a superstar to go be a role player on Steph's team in his prime - now this faggot is taking massive paycuts so he can continue to have it as easy as possible. And you just know that the Warriors are paying him under the table anyway. What a joke.

Killakobe81
07-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Does Lays make Potato Chips in extra salty favor?
Can I get them in DFW or are they regional to San Antonio?

David Stern
07-03-2017, 08:20 PM

It's a 2 year deal with an opt out. This team is done in 2 years. Too many negatives are going to cause team implosion.

baseline bum
07-03-2017, 08:23 PM

:lmao

Killakobe81
07-03-2017, 08:27 PM
It's a 2 year deal with an opt out. This team is done in 2 years. Too many negatives are going to cause team implosion.

I agree ... it wont and cannot last ...
but i dont get why folks hating on Durant for following the example Duncan set.
He was Finals MVP and before his injury had the best advanced metrics of any Warrior.
He was arguably the best player on a dominant team.

I. Hustle
07-03-2017, 08:35 PM
2 year window and then it's over. And yes they did something wrong. Their 2nd best player decided to take a supermax contract. Their other star players will be doing the same. Durant only took a "paycut" for 2 years. Quit comparing them to the spurs.

I didn't compare them to the Spurs, Mitch did. Why wouldn't their 2nd best player take a supermax? He's been on discount for a couple of years now. KD has gotten his payday already. As much as these guys like playing together, it's a business. They are going to go after every dollar they can while they can.

Regardless of what you think, they did do it the right way. Their other "star" players only have 2 years left on their contracts. Their performances can fall by then. It already looks like Klay's is starting to decline.

I don't like this team one bit but it has nothing to do with how it was put together. I just can't stand the douchebag way that they act.

I. Hustle
07-03-2017, 08:37 PM

Right?! I mean, I'm a Spurs fan all the way and I hate the Warriors but... damn. I hate them because they act like POS d bags but ANY fan would take that level of talent on their team.

I. Hustle
07-03-2017, 08:38 PM
He was Finals MVP and before his injury had the best advanced metrics of any Warrior.

Bam! Facts.

Besides, it's not like he's hurting for the money. "Oh, I'll take 5 million less. I'll just endorse proactive or Neutrogena to make up the difference."

Thread
07-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Yeah Durant is the douchebag that keeps on giving. Anything to compete as little as possible for a ring. :depressed

The idea is to win the last game played in JunePERIOD

Thread
07-03-2017, 08:43 PM

& if he'd a signed in San Antonio you'd be singing a different tune.

Clipper Nation
07-03-2017, 08:44 PM
& if he'd a signed in San Antonio you'd be singing a different tune.

At least then he wouldn't have joined the 73-win team that had just beaten him in the playoffs and rang without him the year before.

Thread
07-03-2017, 09:14 PM
At least then he wouldn't have joined the 73-win team that had just beaten him in the playoffs and rang without him the year before.

You know I figured you better than this opine, CN. You follow the lead of Media. I just do not understand it.

AlexJones
07-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Durant was perfect for this team tbh. Like there has never been a better fit on a team for a player of any calibre in league history

Bynumite
07-03-2017, 09:19 PM
San Antonio Cavfan tears are delicious :lmao

This is literally what cuck did which allowed him to play on a stacked team his entire career but Durant does it and he's the biggest piece of shit in the world.

You're not sniffing another ring anytime soon and Kiwi will waste away his prime watching the Warriors ring. Get used to it.

I. Hustle
07-03-2017, 09:21 PM

This is literally what cuck did which allowed him to play on a stacked team his entire career but Durant does it and he's the biggest piece of shit in the world.

You're not sniffing another ring anytime soon. Get used to it.

Stacked teams?

I agree that KD is doing what he can to help his team and it's smart but SA as stacked?

Clipper Nation
07-03-2017, 09:28 PM
You know I figured you better than this opine, CN. You follow the lead of Media. I just do not understand it.
Media loves Durant, Dale. Even Stephen A. apologized and bent the knee post-ring. But James? He's the NBA version of Trump as far as Media's concerned.

Thread
07-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Media loves Durant, Dale. Even Stephen A. apologized and bent the knee post-ring. But James? He's the NBA version of Trump as far as Media's concerned.

I just don't see it that way, CN.

It's kind of all right for us each to see something entirely from different angles.

DMC
07-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Kobe gets almost the same money for riding pine and being out of the country during the RS whilst the team goes tits up, genius move. KD does it after winning a championship, beta faggot move.

DMC
07-03-2017, 10:44 PM

You're not sniffing another ring anytime soon and Kiwi will waste away his prime watching the Warriors ring. Get used to it.

Spurs fans, by nature, are used to it. Lakers fans, for the most part, are only there to flag wave during winning seasons. It's you who hasn't gotten used to missing the playoffs yet you've had 5 years to do so. I don't recall Spurs ever missing that many.

MultiTroll
07-03-2017, 11:31 PM
"This act of selflessness" :lmao
It reached previous Laker levels of phaggotry and fantacy. :lol

Chris
07-03-2017, 11:53 PM
It reached previous Laker levels of phaggotry and fantacy. :lol

:lol

Killakobe81
07-04-2017, 01:21 AM
Bam! Facts.

Besides, it's not like he's hurting for the money. "Oh, I'll take 5 million less. I'll just endorse proactive or Neutrogena to make up the difference."

:lol probably needs both ...
Pop too

daslicer
07-04-2017, 02:03 AM
Bam! Facts.

daslicer
07-04-2017, 02:11 AM

As long as the Spurs are better than the Lakers I'm good. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 05:30 AM

^ translated to layman farmer terms: NBA = f:crycked

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 05:31 AM

Exactly. The farmers are PATHETIC :lol

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 05:34 AM

Great post. Too bad Clipper Nation is not as classy. :downspin:

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 05:36 AM

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 05:39 AM

Truth Bomb. You wouldn't disagree, would you Clipper Nation? :)

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 05:42 AM

Dayum! :lmao

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 05:46 AM
Kobe gets almost the same money for riding pine and being out of the country during the RS whilst the team goes tits up, genius move. KD does it after winning a championship, beta faggot move.

WTF Kobe has to do with this thread? Oh yeah, he is 4-2 vs Jim when both players played. Sorry, I forgot why Spur fans bring his name up post mortem. The butthurt is real AF :lol

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 05:47 AM
Spurs fans, by nature, are used to it. Lakers fans, for the most part, are only there to flag wave during winning seasons. It's you who hasn't gotten used to missing the playoffs yet you've had 5 years to do so. I don't recall Spurs ever missing that many.

You telling pre Duncan, the Spurs didn't miss the playoffs 5 times? Wanna ELE bet? :)

ambchang
07-04-2017, 05:49 AM
The idea is to win the last game played in JunePERIOD

But then theres the media and all of that when things don't work out for you.

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 05:49 AM
Bam! Facts.

Jodelo
07-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Is the multi-qoute option disabled for Ángel?

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 09:58 AM
Is the multi-qoute option disabled for Ángel?

Maybe. I can't make polls in my threads either. :(

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 10:01 AM

BAAAAAAAAHAHAHA! :lmao

Clipper Nation
07-04-2017, 10:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GDRvTy4.jpg

DMC
07-04-2017, 11:06 AM
You telling pre Duncan, the Spurs didn't miss the playoffs 5 times? Wanna ELE bet? :)

You'd have to quit like 87 times to equal one of mine, with the exchange rates.

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 11:31 AM
You'd have to quit like 87 times to equal one of mine, with the exchange rates.

:lol nothing of note to say - just what I thought. Now run a long and make sure nobody tries to BBQ your fatass fangers today. Happy 4th! :)

Clipper Nation
07-04-2017, 11:42 AM
:lol nothing of note to say - just what I thought. Now run a long and make sure nobody tries to BBQ your fatass fangers today. Happy 4th! :)

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 12:42 PM

lefty20
07-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Right?! I mean, I'm a Spurs fan all the way and I hate the Warriors but... damn. I hate them because they act like POS d bags but ANY fan would take that level of talent on their team.

a laker fan wouldn't understand this, acting like a "POS d bag" is their 'normal'.

DMC
07-04-2017, 03:22 PM

If you want to ELE bet that, I'm game. The Spurs have only missed the playoffs 4 times since they've entered the NBA.

:lol Paco

DMC
07-04-2017, 03:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FZQbuL1.jpg

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 03:30 PM
If you want to ELE bet that, I'm game. The Spurs have only missed the playoffs 4 times since they've entered the NBA.

:lol Paco

DMC
07-04-2017, 03:35 PM

Oh look, it's "fag without a team" and "who the fuck are you".

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 03:37 PM
Sorry I'm not as well known as some sausage fingered faggot with almost 60,000 posts. :lmao DumbMotherfuckingCunt

Clipper Nation
07-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Oh look, it's "fag without a team" and "who the fuck are you".
http://i.imgur.com/zAKP65k.jpg

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Damn. Where'd you find those pictures of DumbMotherfuckingCunt's stuffed sausages he calls fingers? :lmao

DMC
07-04-2017, 04:34 PM
Sorry I'm not as well known as some sausage fingered faggot with almost 60,000 posts. :lmao DumbMotherfuckingCunt

You're just another in a long line of autistic boy worshippers who are easily baited. It's telling that you associate with Clipper Gook who doesn't have a fucking clue which team he supports.

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Lol at "easily baited" when no one has gotten in more arguments on this website than you. :lol DumbMotherfuckingCunt

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Damn. Where'd you find those pictures of DumbMotherfuckingCunt's stuffed sausages he calls fingers? :lmao

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 04:53 PM

Dayum! He should have worn sunblock! :lmao

thunder
07-04-2017, 04:55 PM

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Lol at "easily baited" when no one has gotten in more arguments on this website than you. :lol DumbMotherfuckingCunt

Clipper Nation
07-04-2017, 05:21 PM
You're just another in a long line of autistic boy worshippers who are easily baited. It's telling that you associate with Clipper Gook who doesn't have a fucking clue which team he supports.
http://i.imgur.com/1hAGX1J.png

LkrFan
07-04-2017, 07:39 PM

BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! :rollin :lmao :rollin

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 11:27 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

ambchang
07-05-2017, 07:44 AM
This place is just ruthless. Post a picture of your hand and just got grilled for years. Which just spoke to the stupidity of people who actually manage to post photos of their face here.

E20
07-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Kevin Durant for 53 million?

No problem fam, I got you.

Patty Mills for 50 million, checkmate.

LkrFan
07-05-2017, 06:40 PM

Man this shit STILL funny AF!!! :lmao