PDA

View Full Version : Mad respect to Manu/Parker in retrospect, tbh..

spursistan
07-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Two flashy, worldly types, and HOF-caliber stars sticking around for 15+ years career in freakin' San Antonio is an admirable feat, IMO..

After a ring or two, they could've bolted elsewhere for a more rewarding solo-careers: more money, higher--albeit empty--PPG, and bunch more All-Stars nods in NYC or Miami etc, but they chose not..

The fact that the often maligned Parker-- thought to be the biggest ego in Spurs locker-room who once upon time was married to a Hollywood actress -- never tested Free agency out of the River walk shows the extent to which PATFO have lucked out with their "star core"-- not only the players in vacuum, but their character ....

And then a ’97 Chevy Tahoe-driving Leonard falls in their lap..:lol

houston spurs fan
07-04-2017, 02:51 PM
Agree 100%. So much disrespect around here from so-called "fans"

bklynspursfan
07-04-2017, 02:54 PM
+1

apalisoc_9
07-04-2017, 02:54 PM
Yup.

Except for tony's last contract, he's done a lot for this franchise.

Manu has made sacrificies.

But both guys dont get enough credit because apparently its pop who makes the baskets..Its pop who runs like a blur and be the best PG finisher ever.

:rolleyes

Chillen
07-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Spurs have the winningest big 3 of all-time in Manu, Parker, Duncan. I have mad respect for them and what they accomplished but the NBA landscape has changed and Duncan is retired, Parker is healing. If Spurs want to win 50 games next season they better have some kind of plan, because this off season so far has been a disaster.

07-04-2017, 02:58 PM
Yup.

Except for tony's last contract, he's done a lot for this franchise.

Manu has made sacrificies.

But both guys dont get enough credit because apparently its pop who makes the baskets..Its pop who runs like a blur and be the best PG finisher ever.

:rolleyes
This narrative is one of the biggest things hurting the spurs in free agency tbh

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 03:00 PM
This narrative is one of the biggest things hurting the spurs in free agency tbh
Yep.

"TP has earned his loyalty contracts and deserves another after a possible career ending injury :cry"

"Manu has earned the right to jerk around the Spurs every off-season with his retirement soap opera because he's still sadly our best bench player at 40 years old :cry"

Clipper Nation
07-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Two flashy, worldly types, and HOF-caliber stars
Two? Who's the other one besides Manu?

bklynspursfan
07-04-2017, 03:03 PM

Smh

SuperCam
07-04-2017, 03:04 PM
spurfan underestimates how much luck there truly has been tbh:

Spurs win lottery despite only 4th best odds in the 80s and select DRob
Spurs win lottery despite only 3rd best odds and select Tim ten year later
Poop on the verge of being fired in december 1998 but takes advantage of post-Jordan watered down NBA and lockout season with out of shape opponents to go on run and ring

one of those goes different and spurs are moved to a better city a long time ago :lol

after talent dries up once MVPresti is gone, BdUiFORD fails to trade up for Valencuinass and instead the #15 pick expected to be a role player turns into a 1st team all NBA caliber player. :lmao franchise is due to regress big time once Kiwi's prime is over in three to four years tbh

dabom
07-04-2017, 03:04 PM

:lol

07-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Yep.

"TP has earned his loyalty contracts and deserves another after a possible career ending injury :cry"

"Manu has earned the right to jerk around the Spurs every off-season with his retirement soap opera because he's still sadly our best bench player at 40 years old :cry"
Mean PATFO getting all the credit when it's clear they were carried by HOF's...players see that shit tbh :lol

daslicer
07-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Spurs have the winningest big 3 of all-time in Manu, Parker, Duncan. I have mad respect for them and what they accomplished but the NBA landscape has changed and Duncan is retired, Parker is healing. If Spurs want to win 50 games next season they better have some kind of plan, because this off season so far has been a disaster.

They will still win at least 50 games with the current roster.

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 03:06 PM

Poop on the verge of being fired in december 1998 but takes advantage of post-Jordan watered down NBA and lockout season with out of shape opponents to go on run and ring

one of those goes different and spurs are moved to a better city a long time ago :lol

after talent dries up once MVPresti is gone, BdUiFORD fails to trade up for Valencuinass and instead the #15 pick expected to be a role player turns into a 1st team all NBA caliber player. :lmao franchise is due to regress big time once Kiwi's prime is over in three to four years tbhlol Kawhi isn't sticking around for this bullshit. He's way too good to give his heart and body out on the court every night just for PATFO to reward him with the same playoff chokers and old men every damn season.

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 03:08 PM
Mean PATFO getting all the credit when it's clear they were carried by HOF's...players see that shit tbh :lol
I see, but all the Popsuckers are out clinging to those guys past performances hoping they resign every off-season.

"One more season, Manu, plz :cry We need you :cry"

Clipper Nation
07-04-2017, 03:08 PM

after talent dries up once MVPresti is gone, BdUiFORD fails to trade up for Valencuinass and instead the #15 pick expected to be a role player turns into a 1st team all NBA caliber player. :lmao franchise is due to regress big time once Kiwi's prime is over in three to four years tbh
After Kawhi signs with the Clippers in 2019, how long before the Spurs become the Seattle SpurSonics? :downspin:

Brazil
07-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Great thread tbh... much needed.. the amount of whinning of Spurs fans recently is off the chart.

Manu and Parker spent their career with Spurs and earned an average of 8/9 M a year during the length of their contract. Highest payday for Manu 14M, highest payday for Parker (next year) 15 M.

People can continue to whine but I take Spurs old fashion way to deal with their star players compared to franchises who change and trade their best player every 3 years

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 03:11 PM
After Kawhi signs with the Clippers in 2019, how long before the Spurs become the Seattle SpurSonics? :downspin:
Kawhi bolting to LA would be exactly what the FO and player fans deserve for being content with the status quo which has left the team without a ring going over three years now.

Brazil
07-04-2017, 03:12 PM
On a side note, Kawhi will do exactly the same than Tim, Manu and Tony and will retire as a Spurs.

of course kawhi will stick around

bklynspursfan
07-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Great thread tbh... much needed.. the amount of whinning of Spurs fans recently is off the chart.

Manu and Parker spent their career with Spurs and earned an average of 8/9 M a year during the length of their contract. Highest payday for Manu 14M, highest payday for Parker (next year) 15 M.

People can continue to whine but I take Spurs old fashion way to deal with their star players compared to franchises who change and trade their best player every 3 years

Exactly

07-04-2017, 03:13 PM

:lol damn, troofbombs tbh

bklynspursfan
07-04-2017, 03:13 PM
On a side note, Kawhi will do exactly the same than Tim, Manu and Tony and will retire as a Spurs.

of course kawhi will stick around

And yes to this too. He's not going anywhere. Lol at this who think he would/should leave.

dabom
07-04-2017, 03:15 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269457

Brazil
:lol damn, troofbombs tbh

My TeamDallas Mavericks

TimDunkem
Kawhi said his goal is to win championships. He's not winning shit with the Spurs if they continue to re-sign their chokers and old men.

Brazil
07-04-2017, 03:16 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269457

:lol tbh...

07-04-2017, 03:17 PM
My TeamDallas Mavericks
whats up my nig :lol who you got winning the brasileirão tbh?

spursistan
07-04-2017, 03:20 PM
Imagine the Manu's brand in Miami/South beach..:wow

Brazil
07-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Kawhi said his goal is to win championships. He's not winning shit with the Spurs if they continue to re-sign their chokers and old men.

Kawhi is happy with the Spurs way brah.. you think Spurs gave Mills his contract without consulting him ? :lol silly you

Kawhi ain't going nowhere

Brazil
07-04-2017, 03:25 PM
whats up my nig :lol who you got winning the brasileirão tbh?

Botafogo !
runner up: Ponte Preta

dabom
Kawhi is happy with the Spurs way brah.. you think Spurs gave Mills his contract without consulting him ? :lol silly you

Kawhi said "run it back, beta bitch"

Clipper Nation

We'll see how happy he is with the Spurs Way in 2019 when he's getting sold on the Jerry West Way. :downspin:

Clipper Nation
07-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Kawhi said "run it back, beta bitch"

Damn, that's pretty insensitive of Kawhi. He knows Porker is too fat to run.

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 03:27 PM
We'll see how happy he is with the Spurs Way in 2019 when he's getting sold on the Jerry West Way. :downspin:And still without a ring since 2014. Smfh

dabom
07-04-2017, 03:27 PM

:lmao :lmao

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 03:30 PM
:lmao Damn.

07-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Botafogo !
runner up: Ponte Preta

Yeah, that shit aint happening son :lol

07-04-2017, 03:37 PM
:lmao

Brazil
07-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Yeah, that shit aint happening son :lol

one can dream :lol

It seems Corinthians got dat shit tbh

07-04-2017, 05:04 PM
one can dream :lol

It seems Corinthians got dat shit tbh
Media would fucking love that :lol They're due a few losses though. And also fuck them tbh

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Parker*

Manure never took paycuts. Was always looking to give free handouts to his cousins back in Monterrey

baseline bum
07-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Imagine the Manu's brand in Miami/South beach..:wow

Imagine Magic's brand in Miami/South beach..:wow

baseline bum
07-04-2017, 05:24 PM
We'll see how happy he is with the Spurs Way in 2019 when he's getting sold on the Jerry West Way. :downspin:

Blow the Finals eight times and finally steal one after Bill Russell retired? Mr Clutch? More like Mr Cuck.

Clipper Nation
07-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Blow the Finals eight times and finally steal one after Bill Russell retired? Mr Clutch? More like Mr Cuck.
Logo: 9
Spurs: 5

diego
07-04-2017, 05:49 PM
:lol at this "no titles since 2014", only one team has more in that time period, only 3 teams have as many in the last 10 years, none have more, but the Spurs and their FO are terrible :cry I doubt even the celtics average less than 4 seasons/championship, and that's including when the league had less than 16 teams

SuperCam
07-04-2017, 05:55 PM
:lol at this "no titles since 2014", only one team has more in that time period, only 3 teams have as many in the last 10 years, none have more, but the Spurs and their FO are terrible :cry I doubt even the celtics average less than 4 seasons/championship, and that's including when the league had less than 16 teams

1 title in 10 seasons, and Tim won't be bailing out Poop anytime soon :wakeup

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Pretty sure "no titles since 2014" isn't the arguement PATFO truthers are using.

"no titles for the foreseeable future" is.

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 05:58 PM
1 title in 10 seasons, and Tim won't be bailing out Poop anytime soon :wakeup
Wasted Manu and Tim's final years while wasting TP's prime and now Kawhi's with only one title to show for it. What a wonderful FO.

If the Spurs never lucked out with draft picks, this franchise wouldn't even be in San Antonio. :lol

ECOV
07-04-2017, 06:01 PM

shit happens and its for a good reason Go SPURS Go

diego
07-04-2017, 06:04 PM
Pretty sure "no titles since 2014" isn't the arguement PATFO truthers are using.

"no titles for the foreseeable future" is.

I've seen it posted multiple times today, seems they are all from TimDunkem, who is either a troll or has completely unreasonable expectations.

And "no titles for the foreseeable future" has more to do with the Warriors lucking into capspace and donkey / Lma being a soft lazy fat ass than the FO screwing up

Spurtacular
07-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Two flashy, worldly types, and HOF-caliber stars sticking around for 15+ years career in freakin' San Antonio is an admirable feat, IMO..

After a ring or two, they could've bolted elsewhere for a more rewarding solo-careers: more money, higher--albeit empty--PPG, and bunch more All-Stars nods in NYC or Miami etc, but they chose not..

The fact that the often maligned Parker-- thought to be the biggest ego in Spurs locker-room who once upon time was married to a Hollywood actress -- never tested Free agency out of the River walk shows the extent to which PATFO have lucked out with their "star core"-- not only the players in vacuum, but their character ....

I guess I can see this P.O.V. I don't believe Tony was ever in the sacrificing mood. I think he serves his bottom line more than anything else. I do think Manu sacrificed. He had offers to go be the man in many places and make all-star games and be in the MVP discussion. Manu was about winning at the end of the day. That's what makes 08-13 extra tragic, tbh.

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 06:09 PM
Pretty sure they both go hand in hand when the FO continues to put the same group out there year after year and seem set on doing the same thing yet again. Yeah that's going to work...

Time to roll this shit back and flame out in the playoffs again. Let's just hope Kawhi doesn't tear his knee this time. :lol

Spurtacular
07-04-2017, 06:10 PM

:lmao

SpurOutofTownFan
07-04-2017, 06:15 PM
KEEP WHINING - JESUS CHRIST....

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2017, 06:19 PM
That's the man CuckerNation wants? Fitting

tonight...you
07-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Kawhi bolting to LA would be exactly what the FO and player fans deserve for being content with the status quo which has left the team without a ring going over three years now.
Whoa... so long for ANY franchise, right? Let's ask the storied Boston Celtics and Lakers franchises how long it's been? Yes?
God, I wish you were a fan of the Kings... Humble your butthurt right up, player.

No no no, go ahead and tell me how great of an off-season they're having. I'm sure they'll win that 'chip now, right?

Go other teams! They all are great! We suck! No 'chip in 3 years! Ultimate failure!

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 06:38 PM
Whoa... so long for ANY franchise, right? Let's ask the storied Boston Celtics and Lakers franchises how long it's been? Yes?
God, I wish you were a fan of the Kings... Humble your butthurt right up, player.

No no no, go ahead and tell me how great of an off-season they're having. I'm sure they'll win that 'chip now, right?

Go other teams! They all are great! We suck! No 'chip in 3 years! Ultimate failure!
Not really butthurt at all, tbh. You know better than anyone that I've been saying this was what was going to happen all summer long so far. :lol

Vic Petro
07-04-2017, 06:39 PM
TP could've been Beyoncé but stayed and kept the group together :cry

tonight...you
07-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Not really butthurt at all, tbh. You know better than anyone that I've been saying this was what was going to happen all summer long so far. :lol
This is true, but seriously... no 'chip in 3 years and you are calling shit a failure?
You know the New York Knicks haven't even made it to the Finals since our Team's very 1st Championship?
You know how many damn teams and their fans haven't even sniffed a chance to win it all?
You know how Clippers fans must feel?

Let's get real here, bud. No matter how long you've been squawking and you know I'm a fan of yours.

TimDunkem
07-04-2017, 06:46 PM
This is true, but seriously... no 'chip in 3 years and you are calling shit a failure?
You know the New York Knicks haven't even made it to the Finals since our Team's very 1st Championship?
You know how many damn teams and their fans haven't even sniffed a chance to win it all?
You know how Clippers fans must feel?

Let's get real here, bud. No matter how long you've been squawking and you know I'm a fan of yours.
I do. I'm a fan of the fucking Chargers. :lmao Tbh, I guess my outlook is different since I've been calling on the FO to make changes since that Clippers debacle...Yes, 2016 with LMA was big but I was never a believer in him to begin with...

tonight...you
07-04-2017, 06:47 PM
I do. I'm a fan of the fucking Chargers. :lmao Tbh, I guess my outlook is different since I've been calling on the FO to make changes since that Clippers debacle...Yes, 2016 with LMA was big but I was never a believer in him to begin with...
Oh damn... a fan of the Chargers. My apologies bruddah.

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2017, 07:09 PM
TP could've been Beyoncé but stayed and kept the group together :cry

therealtruth
07-04-2017, 09:42 PM
TP used to make the quote they would be legends if they were winning in NY. The issue I have with the FO is instead of reloading after winning a championship they take it easy. That's as much as the reason they haven't been able to win back to back.

Brazil
07-05-2017, 06:39 AM
And also fuck them tbh

:lol yeah that too tbh

TheChillFactor
07-05-2017, 09:29 AM
LOL Clipper and Mav fans in here talking shit. The Clippers couldn't hold onto a player who tops out in the 2nd round

skulls138
07-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Two? Who's the other one besides Manu?Maybe once Clipper fans learn to read, the winning will come. Read first grasshopper, then winning.:lol

skulls138
07-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Wasted Manu and Tim's final years while wasting TP's prime and now Kawhi's with only one title to show for it. What a wonderful FO.

If the Spurs never lucked out with draft picks, this franchise wouldn't even be in San Antonio. :lolOnly one title??? They dont grow on trees! I mean, ask a Clipper fan!! :lmao

spursistan
02-22-2018, 10:14 AM

Bump..

Still true for TP/Manu, but looks like I got this nigga wrong TBH..Hopefully he isn't as soft and easily manipulated as this whole saga suggests..

phxspurfan
02-22-2018, 02:44 PM
It does piss me off that we had a legit big 3 for so many years and still failed to add necessary shooters/bench pieces to put them over the hump. While the other teams with Big 3s or Big 2s added their pieces and got their rings (Celtics, Lakers, Heat). If you look back at the down years like 2011 we still had an impressively talented Big 3 but failed to put anyone of substance around them for the most part. We had much more talent back then than we have today or last year.