PDA

View Full Version : Will never happen, but . . .

TD 21
07-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Should Spurs pursue Cousins in '18? Obviously wouldn't want to ideally, but he is the only potential game changer available and probably only elite player not named Leonard, who doesn't seem to play high-school (as far as I know, he's tight with some of his Kentucky alum, but that's about it). I've heard him criticize the phony nature of the league before, so while the Spurs strict culture may not appear a fit on the surface, it might actually appeal to him, as should the chance to win while not being a glorified bystander to two perimeter stars.

I don't get the sense that Leonard is going anywhere. In many ways, he's different than most elite players, including having already won a championship and being a hand in glove cultural fit . . . but Spurs obviously can't take it for granted and have to be concerned given the state of the league and their lack of surrounding talent or clear path to it.

The '18 class is so bad, that the alternative is probably Aldridge (if the relationship can be repaired) on a raise or Favors and Green on a raise. Taking a risk like this and getting lucky with Murray, is probably their only path back to possible contention.

ECOV
07-04-2017, 04:20 PM
only if he can control his attitude

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Cousins is a coach killer :lol

You really think Pop would allow someone that criticizes his shitty coaching on this team? We all saw what happened to Stephen Jackson.

Scratch that. You really think Buford can close the deal on that signing? Imagine how embarrassing it's going to be when Buford goes over to the recruiting meeting and Cousins has to call him an Uber back to his hotel...

I would love to see Cousins humiliate Jeff McDonald and Mike Monroe as much as the next guy, but it's just not happening.

ducks
07-04-2017, 04:26 PM
You have to see how cousin acts after he left the kings

TD 21
07-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Cousins is a coach killer :lol

You really think Pop would allow someone that criticizes his shitty coaching on this team? We all saw what happened to Stephen Jackson.

Scratch that. You really think Buford can close the deal on that signing? Imagine how embarrassing it's going to be when Buford goes over to the recruiting meeting and Cousins has to call him an Uber back to his hotel...

I would love to see Cousins humiliate Jeff McDonald and Mike Monroe as much as the next guy, but it's just not happening.

I literally said in the title "Will never happen, but . . .", yet somehow, it took all of 2 posts for someone to pretend as if I said it would. :wakeup

spursistan
07-04-2017, 04:35 PM
You're talking to the most predictable and risk-averse organisation in NBA :lol..Not going to even show minimal interest in him..

Heck, this Spurs front office would have most likely not pursued Durant (or wanted him to come) if they were in Golden State shoes: they would just have shrugged off 3-1 /73-win double choke as "it's just basketball, shit happens" stuff. :lol

therealtruth
07-04-2017, 04:41 PM
Pop can't handle him.

MaNu4Tres
07-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Spurs should have started making subtle moves towards youth, athleticism, collecting assets last summer. I thought they'd at least start this summer if they whiffed on FA's but that apparently isn't the case.

The direction they are taking will result in a steady decline the next few years and they'll be years late making moves they should have made after the 15-16' season.

SAGirl
07-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Spurs should have started making subtle moves towards youth, athleticism, collecting assets last summer. I thought they'd at least start this summer if they whiffed on FA's but that apparently isn't the case.

The direction they are taking will result in a steady decline the next few years and they'll be years late making moves they should have made after the 15-16' season.

I agree with you. I thought they would have gone in this direction the summer Timmy retired.

biziofromdowntown
07-04-2017, 06:00 PM
Well, unpopular opinion, but I would do it in a hearthbeat. Boogie is a damn BALLER. I wanna more a winner then a pussy.

SilverSpur
07-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Demarcus Cousins will sign with Cleveland or Houston.

07-04-2017, 08:15 PM

Pop can't handle him.

Mr. Body
07-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Cousins is wildly overrated on this board. He's one of the biggest empty starts losers in recent league history.

Snaq O'Meal
07-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Cousins hates the Warriors, have led his shitty Kings team in a victory over those Twinks, and has a healthy respect for Kawhi. His inside presence will be a major upgrade to the frontcourt, but he also has the outside shooting and passing to fit the Spurs' style of play. He's attainable, and he'll be the perfect complement to Kawhi.

Too bad Poop can't get over himself to coach Cousins. May take a transcendent coach like Phil to work with a strong personality like that.

KDKSpurs24
07-04-2017, 08:25 PM
Cousins is wildly overrated on this board. He's one of the biggest empty starts losers in recent league history.
Inaccurate. Team was trash and was a horribly built. Cousins can ball. And if he was on this team he would be able to flourish and help out a ton.

Spurtacular
07-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Cousins is over-rated, tbh.

therealtruth
07-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Cousins hates the Warriors, have led his shitty Kings team in a victory over those Twinks, and has a healthy respect for Kawhi. His inside presence will be a major upgrade to the frontcourt, but he also has the outside shooting and passing to fit the Spurs' style of play. He's attainable, and he'll be the perfect complement to Kawhi.

Too bad Poop can't get over himself to coach Cousins. May take a transcendent coach like Phil to work with a strong personality like that.

I agree with everything except he is attainable. I don't see the Pelicans getting rid of him until they've given enough chance to see how the Davis/Cousins frontcourt works out.

Mr. Body
07-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Inaccurate. Team was trash and was a horribly built. Cousins can ball. And if he was on this team he would be able to flourish and help out a ton.

No, he's fucking terrible. Empty stats headcase.

tmtcsc
07-04-2017, 09:47 PM
Spurs should have started making subtle moves towards youth, athleticism, collecting assets last summer.

You know they can only have 13 players on the team right?

1. Davis Bertans
2. Dejounte Murray
3. Bryn Forbes
4. Derrick White
5. Jonathan Simmons
6. Kyle Anderson
7. Blossomgame ** If he makes the team
8. Hanga ** If he makes the team

The list above features 8 players who have 3 or less years of NBA experience.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-05-2017, 01:04 AM
You know they can only have 13 players on the team right?

1. Davis Bertans
2. Dejounte Murray
3. Bryn Forbes
4. Derrick White
5. Jonathan Simmons
6. Kyle Anderson
7. Blossomgame ** If he makes the team
8. Hanga ** If he makes the team

The list above features 8 players who have 3 or less years of NBA experience.
All scrubs except Simmons, Murray, and MAYBE White.

south side spur
07-05-2017, 01:08 AM
All scrubs except Simmons, Murray, and MAYBE White.

MAYBE White? He's currently the best guard on the Spurs with Parker out.

DMC
07-05-2017, 01:09 AM
Cousins isn't overrated. He's playing in a position that doesn't have a lot of talent across the league. Even with his demeanor, he's a valuable asset. The Kings are coach killers. Cousins never fired a coach.

I don't know how he would fit in SA, don't care. He's talented and has enough grit to make a difference, but not championship difference. He won't be here because he'd fade a bit from the spotlight (not that the Big Easy is the Big Apple).

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2017, 01:24 AM
Cousins isn't overrated. He's playing in a position that doesn't have a lot of talent across the league. Even with his demeanor, he's a valuable asset. The Kings are coach killers. Cousins never fired a coach.

I don't know how he would fit in SA, don't care. He's talented and has enough grit to make a difference, but not championship difference. He won't be here because he'd fade a bit from the spotlight (not that the Big Easy is the Big Apple).

Hes a cancer. Spurs wont go for him.

south side spur
07-05-2017, 01:42 AM
The more realistic option is throwing the max at Klay in '19. Westbrook ain't coming. George? LeBron? Wall? I doubt it. Towns, Booker, Myles Turner will all more than likely be restricted but worth throwing a $30 to $40 million a year contract at and hope one of them wants to play with Kawhi.

I am expecting a max offer to Klay in a couple years. Wasn't he the draft target over Kawhi?

skulls138
07-05-2017, 01:44 AM
In the NBA, more than any other sport, one player can make a team do well. The exception is QB in football. The Kings with Cousins were bottom of the barrel. Hes also a fucking pouting child.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-05-2017, 01:46 AM
Well, unpopular opinion, but I would do it in a hearthbeat. Boogie is a damn BALLER. I wanna more a winner then a pussy.

Then why would you want Cousins?

07-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Hes a cancer. Spurs wont go for him.
Even if that's the case I don't see how it can be a deal breaker, you've had Porker on the team for like 15 years already

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2017, 06:59 AM
Even if that's the case I don't see how it can be a deal breaker, you've had Porker on the team for like 15 years already

A different kind of cancer. Cousins won't listen to anyone about anything.

buttsR4rebounding
07-05-2017, 07:21 AM
The more realistic option is throwing the max at Klay in '19. Westbrook ain't coming. George? LeBron? Wall? I doubt it. Towns, Booker, Myles Turner will all more than likely be restricted but worth throwing a $30 to $40 million a year contract at and hope one of them wants to play with Kawhi.

I am expecting a max offer to Klay in a couple years. Wasn't he the draft target over Kawhi?

I expect Thompson to be traded next off-season. The Warriors will pay about $40 million in tax this year, but that jumps to around $100 million the following year. With him becoming the 4th most important player on the team they can likely replace most if not all his reduced production for a much cheaper price. I don't care how much money you have $100 million catches your attention.

mookie2001
07-05-2017, 07:28 AM
Forget Cousins' attitude, pop hates production over everything, that 13 rpg would make pop barf.

mudyez
07-05-2017, 07:44 AM
Would love to have a frontcourt of Kawhi, Boogie and Larry Sanders.

DaBears
07-05-2017, 10:10 AM
Pop can't handle him.

Pop doesn't need to handle him, just coach him, These are grown men. Pop can coach just about anyone who believes they have room to grow & Improve.

sasaint
07-05-2017, 10:14 AM

Hold your horses. One SL game...

south side spur
07-05-2017, 10:23 AM
Hold your horses. One SL game...

I'm not basing this observation off one summer league game. I've been saying this since the draft. Again, as I've stated before, it might say more about the Spurs lack of talent in the backcourt than White's ability but that's not the point. He's easily the best offensive player in the backcourt and his defense is at worst, better than Murray's, Mills and post injury Parker. It's not that outlandish of a statement.

DMC
07-05-2017, 11:49 AM

Pretty sure Cousins wouldn't be trying to fuck his teammate's wife.

DMC
07-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Forget Cousins' attitude, pop hates production over everything, that 13 rpg would make pop barf.

Yep, gotta fix that, work on his fundamentals.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-05-2017, 11:59 AM

This isn't the NFL. Rookies don't really make significant impacts unless they're phenoms like Lebron, and even he missed the playoffs as the rookie alpha.

$pursDynasty
07-05-2017, 12:06 PM
Either if LMA can play good enough to erase the bad impression he made in the playoffs or better yet, Pau looks so good popping 3's that we can move him instead for Boogie, either way would be great. I personally don't want to go into the playoffs with 'bigs' that can't even punish James Harden on the post when he is guarding them. An fully healthy lineup of MVParker, Verde, the KingSlayer, LMAlpha and Boogie would give the Dubs pause but heck even TP, Danny, Kiwi, Pau and Boogie would be a handful. However it would take Boogie pimp slapping AD to make that happen by the trade deadline.

BatManu20
07-05-2017, 01:32 PM
PATFO would never. Remember when Boogie threatened Sean Elliott? :lol