PDA

View Full Version : Spurs need to win a few of these

dbreiden83080
10-15-2005, 10:38 PM
I know pre-season means almost nothing to anyone, but they need to win a few of these, you don't want to have an 0-9 pre-season.

Doc Jerome
10-15-2005, 10:46 PM
I am sure they will make it a point to win at least one of them before going into the regular season. Or not.

GoSpurs21
10-15-2005, 11:10 PM
its preseason the record doesnt matter...

Obstructed_View
10-15-2005, 11:20 PM
What does an 0-9 preseason matter? It won't bother me if they win every pre-season game by 20 as long as they are healthy and ready to go when it matters. I don't remember a single preseason record, ever.

conversekid
10-15-2005, 11:44 PM
you don't want to have an 0-9 pre-season.
Why? I don't remember out pre-season record last year... I do remember our record in the finals - 4-3. Much of the second half was just the players who are trying to make the team... and Pop is still messing with the rotations during the game trying to find a right fit... it'll take a little while for him to get it the way he wants.

dknights411
10-15-2005, 11:54 PM
The last pre-season game will be the most accurate barometer. By then, pretty much all the rotation issues will be worked out.

MannyIsGod
10-16-2005, 12:08 AM
No, they don't. How much to these mean for playoff position? None.

Despot
10-16-2005, 12:43 AM
The preseason records and final scores are irrelevant. What is important is filling out your roster and rotation, new players learning the system, learning new plays, fundamentals, getting in shape, and getting into the groove of the season. Oh, and making money off of ppl that want to watch a scrimmage. In the past I've heard coaches comment that intrasquad scrimmages can be more valuable for evaluation purposes, because offenses and defenses know exactly what plays are being run, and it gives a better measure of overall talent.

Edited to mention that I mean no offense to persons that go to preseason games :angel

Edit: Apparently from the post below, I mispelled a word :depressed

PM5K
10-16-2005, 01:17 AM
Their preseason record couldn't be any more irrelevant.

Slomo
10-16-2005, 03:56 AM
No, they don't. How much to these mean for playoff position? None.
^^^^^ What he (and the others) say!!!

FromWayDowntown
10-16-2005, 10:08 AM
It is completely irrelevant. Plus, it's not as if the Spurs are in desperate need of building an atmosphere of winning or a winning mindset. If they were incorporating 6-8 new guys into the rotation, I'd be a little more inclined to side with the premise of the thread. But they aren't, so I don't.

bigbendbruisebrother
10-16-2005, 10:14 AM
I'd rather Pop et al find the right guys to fill out the roster.

Mr_MVP21
10-16-2005, 10:44 AM
This thread jsut shows that everybody is anxious to get the regular season started. :fro

boutons
10-16-2005, 11:32 AM
October sucks.

ChumpDumper
10-16-2005, 02:24 PM
0-9 would be awesome.

It's the only way to take the edge off the hype generated this offseason.

Add to that the fact Pop may want to get some extended looks at potential scrubs, it's actually a posibility.

usckk
10-16-2005, 02:55 PM
0-9 would be awesome.

It's the only way to take the edge off the hype generated this offseason.

Add to that the fact Pop may want to get some extended looks at potential scrubs, it's actually a posibility.
It would be fuckin' hilarious.

boutons
10-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Yes, the best October would be Spurs going 0-9 and then ...

... 65-17 :lol

usckk
10-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Yep, I can see it now. I think CIA Pop is just losing on purpose to psych opponents out.

TOP-CHERRY
10-16-2005, 03:09 PM
I know pre-season means almost nothing to anyone, but they need to win a few of these, you don't want to have an 0-9 pre-season.
You don't deserve to be a Spurs fan.

(I kid. :) )

nkdlunch
10-16-2005, 05:42 PM
I hope it's 0-9. Then on opening night the Nuggets will be demolished.

jochhejaam
10-16-2005, 05:52 PM
October sucks.

Especially when you start out 0 - 4 :lol

They really don't mean squat but it's nice for the fans if they win more than they lose. Pistons are 2-0 (and presently beating Saunders old team (81-70) and it feels better than 0-2.

It's gonna be a good year! :elephant

Sense
10-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Especially when you start out 0 - 4 :lol

They really don't mean squat but it's nice for the fans if they win more than they lose. Pistons are 2-0 (and presently beating Saunders old team 34-30) and it feels better than 0-2.

It's gonna be a good year! :elephant

Anyone feeling good about preseason wins is a tard.

manubili
10-16-2005, 06:04 PM
It's a de-jinxing process. I hate when the spurs are anyone favourite.

HB22inSA
10-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Spurs need to win a few of these
Why?

clooneyschick04
10-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Yep, I can see it now. I think CIA Pop is just losing on purpose to psych opponents out.

I like this idea the best. :smokin

jochhejaam
10-16-2005, 07:14 PM
Anyone feeling good about preseason wins is a tard.

Yeah, I'm sure Spurs fans would file out after a preseason win with long faces. :rolleyes
One of the most ignorant posts I've read lately :lol

BTW Pistons 91 Minn 80 :elephant

Darko 10 pts, 6 blks, 5 rbds and he was watching from the bench as the second string mopped up. :lol

Spurs will be right back at the top of the West during the season but don't say stupid things like ya did in this post.

thispego
10-16-2005, 07:54 PM
why?

FromWayDowntown
10-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Spurs fans would file out after a preseason win with long faces. :rolleyes
One of the most ignorant posts I've read lately :lol

BTW Pistons 91 Minn 80 :elephant

Darko 10 pts, 6 blks, 5 rbds and he was watching from the bench as the second string mopped up. :lol

Spurs will be right back at the top of the West during the season but don't say stupid things like ya did in this post.

Well, I didn't exactly see Spurs fans filing out with long faces after a preseason loss last night.

Other than maybe the first 18 minutes of the first game, we haven't seen anything that resembles the 8-10 man rotation that they'll use for most of this season. I don't put any stock in anything that happens in preseason games (other than injuries) because everyone has a different agenda. The Spurs got themselves right back into the game last night, and Popovich pulled Parker and Manu at the next timeout and inserted the 3 free agent rookies, Sean Marks, and Beno Udrih -- and played them against 5 guys (Moochie Norris, Luther Head, Stromile Swift, Ryan Bowen, and Lonny Baxter) who will most assuredly play on NBA teams this season. Hmmm, I wonder why the Rockets were able to pull away. . . .

ZStomp
10-16-2005, 10:53 PM

No they don't.

why do they have to?

ZStomp
10-16-2005, 10:54 PM
So now that i've gone through the thread...we are all in agreement? :lol :lmao

remingtonbo2001
10-16-2005, 11:26 PM
No...Wait....I think I have something.....Oh, wait....False alarm. It was gas. :oops
I have a question though. Do you guys remember 99' season (lockout), and how terrible the Spurs played during the first 10 games. What was our record, 3-8. I remember listening to Jay on the radio, thinking wow, this is going to be "Pop's" last game. There was friction in the lockeroom. If I remember correctly, David wasn't too happy either. Well, prepare yourself, here it comes. CONSPIRACY THEORY. Do you think Pop allowed the 99 squad to begin sub-satisfactory, in hopes that their struggles would bring them together. By coming together, they were able to reach their goals. When the Spurs won the title in 99', it became evident that Timmy had already signed on the dotted line. Yeah, I know, he didn't technically sign until the following summer. But what became more evident later on was not so much the luck of the lottery, but how a coach was willing to risk everything, to do things the right way. Cause if the right way ain't gonna work, then ain't nothing gonna work. Pop was an assistant to Don Nelson. You must admit, Nelson is somewhat of an oddball. Something must have rubbed off, except for the obvious failure known as "Hack~a~Shaq", yet every other team had great success with this stratagy....I wonder why? Haha. Anyways, what if.....Just some food for thought.... :smokin

callo1
10-17-2005, 03:01 AM
I want 0-9 and no injuries !!

I could care less if they win a preseason game. I would bet my life Pop could care less as well. Think about the fact that Pop doesn't even want the PA announcer to introduce the Spurs as the World Champions...0-9 would be a Godsend for Pop. It would make certain that he has all the players attention when he says something in practice.

That being said, I'm sure Pop does want to see the team play well during stretches when his key players are in the game...no more, no less.

TDMVPDPOY
10-17-2005, 03:57 AM
0-9 the better, hoope spurs have shit odds so i can put a few bling bling on them for the ring

jochhejaam
10-17-2005, 05:14 AM
I want 0-9 and no injuries !!

I hear ya, we're 3-0 and I wish like heck we were 0-3...ya sit down with some good snacks hopin' to see your team lose and they have to go and ruin the night by winnin'... :pctoss

Makes for some sleepless nights :cuss

Gerryatrics
10-17-2005, 05:43 AM
The preseason record doesn't matter now, but a lot of fans are going to be bitching about the lack of momentum and the confidence given to other teams from the preseason games if the Spurs start off the regular season with a subpar record. Finding the right mix of players and trying out the scrubs is the most important thing in the preseason, but it would be nice to have the Spurs used to winning again by the time the games do start counting.

batman2883
10-17-2005, 09:14 AM
Why not??? Preseason doesnt matter, look at the Patriots last year, they lost every preseason game and won the Championship.....