PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi starting at point

Spurs4#5
07-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Saw a report on hoopshype.com about the possibility of kawhi starting at the point guard position to start the season now that they have gay. Any thoughts?

SAGirl
07-08-2017, 01:10 PM
not going to happen. Like Manu, who was the best playmaker but still had a designated "PG" with him to do some ballhandling to relieve him of ball pressure etc, Kawhi will have the same.

BatManu20
07-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Hope not. Kawhi's strengths are as a scorer and defender. The last thing we need to do is take him away from that and try to make a facilitator. He's got enough responsibilities as it is. This team needs a PG in a bad way.

Blackjack
07-08-2017, 01:17 PM
What could go wrong? It's not like he's got the responsibility of being the team's leading scorer and defensive anchor, I'm sure it wouldn't tax him anymore.

SuperCam
07-08-2017, 01:18 PM
he has no playmaking ability at all, would be disastrous tbh. career high 8 assists :lol

Dex
07-08-2017, 01:22 PM
What could go wrong? It's not like he's got the responsibility of being the team's leading scorer and defensive anchor, I'm sure it wouldn't tax him anymore.

Good to have another voice of reason around here tbh.

RD2191
07-08-2017, 01:22 PM
he has no playmaking ability at all, would be disastrous tbh. career high 8 assists :lol

He usually out assist Porker and he isn't even a PG. :wow

Blackjack
07-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Good to have another voice of reason around here tbh.

:toast

bic50
07-08-2017, 01:33 PM
You didn't think Kawhi would even be a top player in the league not too long ago. Your opinion is worthless.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Jabari is a dumbass for even reporting that.

tholdren
07-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Saw a report on hoopshype.com about the possibility of kawhi starting at the point guard position to start the season now that they have gay. Any thoughts?

Lol.

Mikeanaro
07-08-2017, 02:00 PM
No, better let Kawhicael developing more and more to be the ultimate offensive defensive machine and after that to be the best playmaker he can be.
By the way he had a max of 8 assist because he passed the ball to brickers, this is not GSW where any scrub can be a top assist player.

LittleCriminal
07-08-2017, 02:01 PM
The PG usually brings the ball up past halfcourt and passes the ball to klaw anyway...
What team would have a chance at guarding this starting 5?

Klaw
Green
Gay
Aldridge
Gasol

tholdren
07-08-2017, 02:04 PM
The PG usually brings the ball up past halfcourt and passes the ball to klaw anyway...

Klaw
Green
Gay
Aldridge
Gasol

4 7th grade girls and matt barnes

nyspurguy
07-08-2017, 02:15 PM

Klaw
Green
Gay
Aldridge
Gasol

If Aldridge stays, I'm sure we could and probably will see that lineup on the court at times. You wouldn't want that 5 for long stretches. I mean you've got 3 players who can't handle the ball. Danny Green might be the worse, and he's a damn guard (sad). I do believe Kawhi will probably lead the team in assists tho. Between Murray, Mills, Forbes, White and Parker, we should have a point guard to throw out there with Kawhi. Even though I'm thinking he'll do alot if not most of the team's playmaking. At least 'till TP comes back.

lilbthebasedgod
07-08-2017, 02:23 PM
lmbo

spurs1990
07-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Would starting Bertans hamper the defensive side too greatly?

I like thought of having four 3pt threats. Although Gasol was hitting 3s nicely but I just don't see him and LA co-existing.

Gay shot 37% last season in 30 gms, his 2nd highest of his career.

Then my bench would be - two of Mills/Murray/Forbes combo in the backcourt.
White and Anderson man the forwards, and Gasol is your big.

By the time Parker is ready to return, Pop will have figured out where everyone is best suited for.

cd98
07-08-2017, 02:38 PM
He's not LeBron, he's Kawhi. No reason to make him LeBron.

TrainOfThought5
07-08-2017, 02:42 PM
He's not LeBron, he's Kawhi. No reason to make him LeBron.

Lebron has almost 7(?) straight trips to the finals. If theres a way to make him more like Lebron, im all for it .

spurs10
07-08-2017, 02:44 PM
What could go wrong? It's not like he's got the responsibility of being the team's leading scorer and defensive anchor, I'm sure it wouldn't tax him anymore. Nah! :toast

Spurtacular
07-08-2017, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't take anything off the table for this team, tbh.

rjv
07-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Saw a report on hoopshype.com about the possibility of kawhi starting at the point guard position to start the season now that they have gay. Any thoughts? you're not going to find the answer in ST.

wildbill2u
07-08-2017, 03:32 PM

I don't think he has the handle for that job. But he's such a hard worker he could probably develop competency with work. But he has so much pressure on his minutes on defense as well as offense, I don't think it would be wise to put this additional duty on him.

tholdren
07-08-2017, 03:34 PM
you're not going to find the answer in ST.

Better info than those pieces of shit 48moh and pounding the rock. Those are absolutely awful

Mnky
07-08-2017, 04:12 PM
I remember bringing up how kawhi would be groomed to run the 1, ala Kobe and LeBron and people flipped out about it.

He ran the 1 quite a bit in the playoffs. I don't think he will make a living there, but he will definitely get his fair share, much like other dominant superstars in the league. No reason not to get rhe ball in your best players hands. He has developed at every stage in every way when given opportunities. Why limit the possibilities...tbh

LittleCriminal
07-08-2017, 04:14 PM
4 7th grade girls and matt barnes

Instead of that crap comment,why dont you explain why this lineup wont work.

Having said that, i dont expect a rebuttal.

LittleCriminal
07-08-2017, 04:20 PM
If Aldridge stays, I'm sure we could and probably will see that lineup on the court at times. You wouldn't want that 5 for long stretches. I mean you've got 3 players who can't handle the ball. Danny Green might be the worse, and he's a damn guard (sad). I do believe Kawhi will probably lead the team in assists tho. Between Murray, Mills, Forbes, White and Parker, we should have a point guard to throw out there with Kawhi. Even though I'm thinking he'll do alot if not most of the team's playmaking. At least 'till TP comes back.

:bobo

duncan2k5
07-08-2017, 05:45 PM
No

dabom
07-08-2017, 06:11 PM
Should kawhi have to play the C too? :lol

TimDunkem
07-08-2017, 06:12 PM
His knees and ankles don't need that kind of pressure. He already has to carry a team of young guys and old men.

Blackjack
07-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Should kawhi have to play the C too? :lol

He's probably closer in size to a big than a point-guard. Next logical step. :tu

Blackjack
07-08-2017, 06:22 PM
His knees and ankles don't need that kind of pressure. He already has to carry a team of young guys and old men.

Kawhi tho

xellos88330
07-08-2017, 07:01 PM
I don't think this would be a good idea. The Spurs need Kawhi to conserve his energy. Being the primary ball handler is asking too much. If this happens, then I expect to see Leonards numbers drop across the board.

skulls138
07-08-2017, 08:44 PM
With those mitts hes a good ball handler. He doesnt pass alot but when he does its usually a good decision but unspectacular. Hes unselfish. It could work. It would also make us longer than the opposition.