PDA

View Full Version : Warriors GM says the team is 'way over' budget after a free agency that has included

ducks
07-10-2017, 02:05 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/warriors-gm-says-team-way-170530904.html

Mr. Body
07-10-2017, 02:24 PM
What a bunch of choads.

picnroll
07-10-2017, 03:00 PM
Red to punish them more by making max offers allowable to McCaw next year and Bell the following year.

Mr. Body
07-10-2017, 03:21 PM
They already destroyed their flexibility to replenish their bench in future years. Just stupid.

buttsR4rebounding
07-10-2017, 03:43 PM
They already destroyed their flexibility to replenish their bench in future years. Just stupid.

That's bull. Next year they will be trading Klay Thompson for some young prospects and future draft choices. They won't pay $100 million in luxury tax by keeping everyone in tact next year. Klay has become expendable. His production can be reproduced by less costly players. Teams will be lining up to trade for him.

Maddog
07-10-2017, 03:56 PM
the Warriors' salary allocations for 2017-18 is currently $135.8 million,

Yikes.
They may not even be able to afford me...

dbreiden83080
07-10-2017, 04:50 PM
That's bull. Next year they will be trading Klay Thompson for some young prospects and future draft choices. They won't pay $100 million in luxury tax by keeping everyone in tact next year. Klay has become expendable. His production can be reproduced by less costly players. Teams will be lining up to trade for him.

They trade him and the run ends IMO. He is not just a sbooter, this is not Ray Allen, he is a great defender and does a lot that does not show up in the stats. They know how valuable he is. Betting long term on Green is crazy. He is always one step away from a hissy fit, getting thrown out and suspended.

coachmac87
07-10-2017, 05:00 PM
They trade him and the run ends IMO. He is not just a sbooter, this is not Ray Allen, he is a great defender and does a lot that does not show up in the stats. They know how valuable he is. Betting long term on Green is crazy. He is always one step away from a hissy fit, getting thrown out and suspended.

Ray Allen wasn't just a shooter either...

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2017, 05:08 PM

They can trade him for a draft pick or some young 3 and D player. He'll automatically become all-defense because the NBA apparently is cool with whatever the Warriors want to do on D. Call it the Green effect.

dbreiden83080
07-10-2017, 05:10 PM

Yes he was..

FkLA
07-10-2017, 05:13 PM

Spurs should target him. He'd be a solid #2 to Kawhichael even if he does have a habit of underperforming in the playoffs. He seems to like the limelight though so I do if he'd want to live in SA.

coachmac87
07-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Yes he was..

Ok..let me know when Klay Thompson participates in a NBA dunk contest

south side spur
07-10-2017, 05:30 PM
Spurs should target him. He'd be a solid #2 to Kawhichael even if he does have a habit of underperforming in the playoffs. He seems to like the limelight though so I do if he'd want to live in SA.

You know PATFO will offer him the max I mean he was the target not Kawhi in that draft. While I agree with you that he loves the limelight, I'd say the Spurs would be on his short list. After all, this would be the Warriors saying he was the expendable asset out of that core.

Why wouldn't Klay want to compete against his old team? I would think that would be a motivating factor in his decision.

Snaq O'Meal
07-10-2017, 05:36 PM

Klay is more valuable than Donkey in the eyes of other GMs. Donkey is the truest definition of a system player. He's worth garbage on other teams, and with tantrums worse than Sheed's, refs will be calling techs on him in no time without the protection of a Twinks jersey.

TheDoctor
07-10-2017, 05:48 PM

I can see them trading for Avery Bradley. He's an UFA after this season but should demand less money than Klay after 2018-19.

r0drig0lac
07-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Yes he was..

nah

dbreiden83080
07-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Ok..let me know when Klay Thompson participates in a NBA dunk contest

Nate Robinson was in a dunk contest what is your point?

SpurOutofTownFan
07-10-2017, 06:57 PM

ohhhhh come on... cute and very nice try..

SpurOutofTownFan
07-10-2017, 07:00 PM
You know PATFO will offer him the max I mean he was the target not Kawhi in that draft. While I agree with you that he loves the limelight, I'd say the Spurs would be on his short list. After all, this would be the Warriors saying he was the expendable asset out of that core.

Why wouldn't Klay want to compete against his old team? I would think that would be a motivating factor in his decision.

The Spurs will become the place to go for disgruntled GS players. And if the Spurs win it all next year by beating GS in the west finals then they can just ask to join for less money following in the steps of another very famous player...

ffadicted
07-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Lol @ ppl saying prime Ray Allen was just a shooter.

Trainwreck2100
07-10-2017, 10:45 PM

i doubt any team under the cap does business with the warriors, not helping the warriors avoid a third repeater tax is good business.

coachmac87
07-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Nate Robinson was in a dunk contest what is your point?

Uhhhh what???

The point was to prove Ray Allen isn't "just a shooter" like Klay Thompson...

But it's ok you're an idiot

coachmac87
07-10-2017, 10:51 PM
Lol @ ppl saying prime Ray Allen was just a shooter.

It's hilarious tbh

TimDunkem
07-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Dbreiden seems like a good guy but his player analysis is always way off. Only Chinook and Mr.Fat Body are worse. :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2017, 10:57 PM
Peak Ray Allen had only around 45% of his shot attempts off a pass..he was very capable of creating his own shot, he was a solid ball-handler with quickness and above average athleticism..

Klay Thomson is horrible at creating his own shot..his ball-handling is very poor and he relies heavily on his teammates to create looks..it's part of the reason he has struggled in most of his playoff appearances..over 80% of his shot attempts have been directly off a pass the past 2 seasons:lol

Warriors will just trade him for a nice package when it's necessary..they won't get equal value, but his playoff production can be replaced by committee..

ffadicted
07-12-2017, 09:05 PM
Peak Ray Allen had only around 45% of his shot attempts off a pass..he was very capable of creating his own shot, he was a solid ball-handler with quickness and above average athleticism..

Klay Thomson is horrible at creating his own shot..his ball-handling is very poor and he relies heavily on his teammates to create looks..it's part of the reason he has struggled in most of his playoff appearances..over 80% of his shot attempts have been directly off a pass the past 2 seasons:lol

Warriors will just trade him for a nice package when it's necessary..they won't get equal value, but his playoff production can be replaced by committee..

Harlem with the goods I'm always too lazy to research, as is tradition.