PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sports Ranks Spurs Offseason as 8th Best in NBA

buttsR4rebounding
07-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin...

1. Houston
2. Minnesota
3. Boston
4. OKC
5. GS
6. Philly
7. Denver
8. SA SPURS
9. Sacramento
10. LA Lakers

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-best-nba-offseasons-busy-kings-rudy-gay-fueled-spurs-crack-our-top-10/

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-10-2017, 03:18 PM
The gnashing's been going on for three weeks already.

Mr. Body
07-10-2017, 03:20 PM
Sacto has been better. I'm fairly impressed by the Clippers, actually.

buttsR4rebounding
07-10-2017, 03:48 PM

I agree. The point, however, is as bad as everyone has been making our offseason to be it is still likely top 10 in the league. Just shows how inept GMs around the league are.

Seventyniner
07-10-2017, 03:53 PM
Too early to judge this, but sites need clicks. I expect Pau and Manu to stay, Lee and Dedmon to leave, and who the hell knows what's going to happen with Simmons. As great as his story is, I don't want the Spurs giving him a multi-year contract at $8-9M per. He just isn't a good enough player to justify that kind of money imo.

I'll have to see how Rudy Gay moves post-injury to assess that signing.

superbigtime
07-10-2017, 04:01 PM
patty mills signing should sent spurs to among the worst.

sasaint
07-10-2017, 04:48 PM

I agree. I am interested to see what the "new look" Clips look like when the season begins. May be a lot more harmony on that team.

HarlemHeat37
07-10-2017, 11:10 PM
Kind of trash, tbh..how are you going to write about the Gay signing and the potential for value, yet ignore the injury he just suffered that virtually always kills careers?

coachmac87
07-10-2017, 11:14 PM
List is crap...

Minnesota by far had the best off-season..

Fireball
07-11-2017, 01:24 AM
not having GSW in there also is criminal ...

Horse
07-11-2017, 12:27 PM
I think Houston made the team worse. 2 choking ball stoppers playing the same position and you gave up your best defender and major bench contributor for it.

hater
07-11-2017, 12:31 PM
:lmao even if we play 2003 Spurs defense theres no way we beat Golden State Showers

We just dont have even half the firepower they do. So defense is moot

MultiTroll
07-11-2017, 12:38 PM
:lmao even if we play 2003 Spurs defense theres no way we beat Golden State Showers

Just reviewed the Spurs game 1 victory over Golden Showers before Zaza intervened.
Kicking their ass on D. Phaggot Curry only getting undeserved free throws. Fraud Green swatted. Klanus Thompson exposed. Cupcake clanking trey attempts.
We were actually good enough last year.

But ya the Mills signing was stupid.
Letting Dedmon and Lee go in favor of Gasoft? That's gonna bite. Gasol is just collecting a paycheck.

tholdren
07-11-2017, 05:07 PM
Terrible rankings

SpurOutofTownFan
07-11-2017, 06:12 PM
/Premature ejaculation

Proxy
07-12-2017, 12:52 AM
we'll get the #1 spot if we sign Rose then, shit

offseason champs 2017

DMC
07-12-2017, 01:02 AM

We're good if we can only play the first 30 minutes or so of game 1 and call it a series. Wait, nm we did that.

Ditty
07-12-2017, 01:42 AM
Spurs really did not improve, or get worse. Though I think their ceiling could be more this season with just Gay :shootme.

I like what Minnesota, & OKC did. I think Butler would be a nice number two, and Wiggins can take on that number three role.

Same thing for OKC, I think PG13 is a solid number two. I think they can push the Rockets for the third seed, and the Thunder would give some fits to the Spurs in the 2nd round. I don't think neither OKC or Houston would be, and should not be favorites against the Spurs if they did meet in the 2nd round.

The Clippers could be interesting, but their ceiling is 2nd round now. The jury is still out on Houston. I think their ceiling is still the conference finals. I thought Beverly fit very well next to Harden. It is never bad to have a few veterans on the teams like Hill, Randolph and Carter for Sacramento. I like the potential of a Fox, and Hield back court but Divac knows that they are going to be bad for at least another two seasons. They are finally having some type of direction for once up there in Cali now.

Brazil
07-12-2017, 07:13 AM
Winner is GSW tbh starting by resigning Durant on the cheap and keeping core intact makes them already the winners of the offseason

spursistan
07-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Historically they are not a major player in FA, but it can't denied SA are big loser in this off-season..They are not even running it back whole..They project to take step-back not only vis-a-vis the Warriors but also the pack of team behind them..

West has improved so much to the point that I'm not even sure they win the season series vs the likes of the Kings/Nuggets. Think they'll win 54-56-ish games..A Leonard injury could throw them into seeding dogfight similar to 2014-2015 season..

timtonymanu
07-13-2017, 06:58 PM
Spurs still living off reputation I see cause this offseason has sucked

james evans
07-14-2017, 11:28 PM
houston should be last place. You added another guy that NEEDS the ball in his hands with a guy that led the league in assists. Does that make any sense? And they're trying to get Melo hahaha.

SAGirl
07-17-2017, 01:30 AM
Spurs had a very underwhelming offseason. I wouldn't say they are even in the top 15 in terms of what they did with their offseason.

Fireball
07-17-2017, 01:34 AM
31st tbh

Ice009
07-17-2017, 01:38 AM
31st tbh

Blue font? or do you think it was that bad?

Fireball
07-17-2017, 02:11 AM
Blue font? or do you think it was that bad?

of course it only felt that bad ... its just that not one thing happend that got me even a little excited ... Murray totally sucking in SL is the worst and that is not really off-season related

there are still so many bad teams in the NBA that even with this off-season the Spurs will probably stay top 4 in the West and win 50+ games ... Kawhi now has the perfect recipe to become MVP ... no Star around him ... but I do not really care for that

The Spurs lost ground to other good/great teams ... so I call this off-season a loss

Ice009
07-17-2017, 02:36 AM
Well I guess we will see what happens. I am a little excited about Rudy Gay as I've always wondered what he will be like on the Spurs, so hopefully his achilles will be alright and he can team up with Kawhi and LMA to form a decent trio.

SAGirl
07-17-2017, 05:03 AM
of course it only felt that bad ... its just that not one thing happend that got me even a little excited ... Murray totally sucking in SL is the worst and that is not really off-season related

there are still so many bad teams in the NBA that even with this off-season the Spurs will probably stay top 4 in the West and win 50+ games ... Kawhi now has the perfect recipe to become MVP ... no Star around him ... but I do not really care for that

The Spurs lost ground to other good/great teams ... so I call this off-season a loss

Murray sucking is an understatement. There are no words.

Did you know that by his stats and impact in games he was the 404th worst player of the ENTIRE SUMMER LEAGUE TEAMS. Out of 407 players that played in all of Las Vegas, Utah and Orlando, Dijon was one of the absolute worst (404th worst) and he's a second year player. It doesn't look good for him. He had to be served that humbling pie. I had never seen a Spurs sophomore get benched in summer league in that fashion. This is an analytics guy I follow in twitter... read that chart and weep.

I agree that I don't see them as doing enough to get better. They are likely not as good as last season's team. Even if we consider that Rudy Gay if he comes back healthy is a better player than Jsimms, and can offset his loss and more... he's difficult to be excited about coming off that injury. It's one of those things where one has to see to believe. Then, the Spurs left unanswered the situation with their guards. That is what I wanted them to address and they basically have a lot of rookies and untested guys there... and the 50 million man: Patty...

and by the way, the Spurs standing pat with there guards and looking in the garbage bin for Brandon Paul and Bryn (undrafted) is by choice. A lot of guards have been traded in the past couple of seasons and there have been PGs that were available.

duncan2150
07-17-2017, 05:40 AM
If Rudy Will be healthy that Will not be a bad offseason, Paul and Lauvergne are good for me. The only bad thing Is mills contract but We have the same team plus Rudy and a lot of Space for 18´

kaji157
07-17-2017, 06:44 AM
Mills contract, as many here said, was an excessive legacy contract, for a player who didn't deserve it.
Some called it a bargain here for weeks, so let's not pretend now that the whole site was against it.
Mills market value should have been 8-10 million per year, and 2-3 years. We overpaid there.
Failed to keep Simmons, and even if Paul, White and Blossommen develop into nba players that loss may be the difference between having a chance or not against Gs.
We also lost deadman, seem unable to resign Lee, and still seem incapable of adding a player that can score inside against smaller opponents.
Couldn't cash in Danny Green nor Aldridge, which becomes a necessity if we are no longer in win now mode and this becomes our transition year.
I don't know what to say about Parker.
On the plus side, we had a one year rental of a border all star if he regains his level, or we are stuck with a player recovering that will eat up 9 millions of next year cap space, a win now move that goes against everything else we need to do (move LA, or Danny, or both, develop someone on our backcourt, find a starting PG, find a reliable inside force, and find out what to do with Tony).
Fuck this off-season.

DeRozan m8
07-17-2017, 06:55 AM
31st tbh

Came here to post this.

cutewizard
07-17-2017, 07:37 AM
What offseason??

hehehehehe

DMC
07-17-2017, 08:05 AM
DMC "Spurs will basically stand pat"

ST "No, they will get Chris Paul or Paul George or Gordon Hayward or.... I mean they cannot stand Pat, Manu is going to retire and Tony isn't coming back"

DMC "Tony is coming back and he'll start

ST "lol fat hands"

ST ".... :cry"

ST "Fucking Spurs standing pat, Rudy fucking Gay, really?"