PDA

View Full Version : Rudy's position

duncan2k5
07-11-2017, 09:58 AM
I honestly think his best position is to start on either wing...I dont want him starting as the pf... Save that for special matchups...on a regular basis he needs to be a wing...both him and kawhi (especially kawhi) can play both wings, and he will also be great on offense...I wish we could have traded LA for a player like Gobert/Deandre/Whiteside...that way we could start Bertans at PF...we would have spacing, defense, and a lob target...LA at Center would be a disaster...he already doesn't wanna be here...combine that with playing him out of position, he will be even more flat footed, disgruntled and and lazy

Joseph Kony
07-11-2017, 10:00 AM
.I wish we could have traded LA for a player like Gobert/Deandre/Whiteside...

:lmao :lmao

duncan2k5
07-11-2017, 10:02 AM
:lmao :lmao

I know...sounds impossible... Lol...I was praying someone was dumb enough to think LA was good

cd98
07-11-2017, 10:28 AM
LMA will have a good year coming off the bench for Lauvergne.

Joseph Kony
07-11-2017, 10:36 AM
I know...sounds impossible... Lol...I was praying someone was dumb enough to think LA was good
i was more laughing at the idea spurs would be better with garbage players like Jordan or Whiteside...Gobert is a different story but i'd rather keep LMA over the other two tbh

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-11-2017, 12:02 PM
The problem with D. Jordan is that he becomes a liability when the game matters most. Probably a significant part of why the Clippers can't advance deep into the post season.

SnakeBoy
07-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Title should have been Gay Position tbh

LittleCriminal
07-11-2017, 12:56 PM
Rudy and klaw should be starting at the 2 or 3 spot...
Have green and Manu/blossomegame come off the bench.

buttsR4rebounding
07-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Title should have been Gay Position tbh

So when Gay blocks a shot: Gay packed his shit bad....

buttsR4rebounding
07-11-2017, 01:11 PM

I think Danny would probably do better with the 2nd team from a scoring perspective. More ball movement. More of the 2014 offense.

Jdspur20
07-11-2017, 03:21 PM

Yes X 1,000

UNT Eagles 2016
07-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Backup SF behind Leonard, substituting in and out for Leonard. Leonard will be plenty rested for the playoffs only averaging 28-31 mpg.

Spurtacular
07-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Backup SF behind Leonard, substituting in and out for Leonard. Leonard will be plenty rested for the playoffs only averaging 28-31 mpg.

Not gonna happen. Kawhi is getting MVP minutes this season.

tonight...you
07-11-2017, 05:02 PM
Not gonna happen. Kawhi is getting MVP minutes this season.
The team has no choice. Rudy and Kawhi are going to be sharing the floor a lot and the 1st thing they are going to have to figure is how to share that floor efficiently along with a disgruntled LMA, looking for #'s and a new contract.

This is going to be interesting.

dabom
07-11-2017, 05:10 PM
I think Pop sold him the idea of joining as a starter.

tonight...you
07-11-2017, 05:14 PM
I think Pop sold him the idea of joining as a starter.
Yeah, or at least a minute dominator. He's going to be on the floor a lot. For a Spurs player, anyways.

dabom
07-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Yeah, or at least a minute dominator. He's going to be on the floor a lot. For a Spurs player, anyways.

If he comes off the bench, it's until he recovers better to become a starter.

tonight...you
07-11-2017, 05:19 PM
If he comes off the bench, it's until he recovers better to become a starter.
Agreed. That would be the only reason. And if the team goes off and they succeed with him getting his 32-35 minutes from the bench- I bet they could persuade him, like they did Pau.
But I'm sure he'll be a regular starter with Kawhi and I'm not going to argue against it.
I like it.

spurs10
07-11-2017, 05:32 PM
This would mean Green playing with the bench which is unlikely. I love the idea of Gay playing with Kawhi, but doubt it will be at Green's expense for defensive reasons.

dabom
07-11-2017, 05:34 PM
This would mean Green playing with the bench which is unlikely. I love the idea of Gay playing with Kawhi, but doubt it will be at Green's expense for defensive reasons.

It could go many ways. One thing is for sure, green has been declining ever so slightly every year.

LittleCriminal
07-11-2017, 05:38 PM

Why would he backup leonard?
Team is better suited with rudy starting over green

Snaq O'Meal
07-11-2017, 06:38 PM

He should form a new starting wing tandem with Kawhi.

But we don't know how well he has recovered from his ruptured Achilles tendon. Playing him off the bench initially may be the smoothest way for him to settle in and learn the system.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-11-2017, 06:42 PM

Just like the team was better off with Manu over Bowen in the mid duncan era, right?

Defense in the SL is critical. Take them off their game from the opening tip. If you allow 16 points in the first 5 minutes you've just spotted them game lasting confidence.

tonight...you
07-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Just like the team was better off with Manu over Bowen in the mid duncan era, right?

Defense in the SL is critical. Take them off their game from the opening tip. If you allow 16 points in the first 5 minutes you've just spotted them game lasting confidence.
Uhh... what? They retired and traded Bowen's ass for Manu dude.

LittleCriminal
07-11-2017, 06:51 PM

Lol

Spurtacular
07-11-2017, 06:57 PM
The team has no choice. Rudy and Kawhi are going to be sharing the floor a lot and the 1st thing they are going to have to figure is how to share that floor efficiently along with a disgruntled LMA, looking for #'s and a new contract.

This is going to be interesting.

I sincerely doubt Kawhi gets anything less than 36 minutes a game. And I would guess 38-41. Pop has to know this is Kawhi's year to win the MVP.

tonight...you
07-11-2017, 06:58 PM
I sincerely doubt Kawhi gets anything less than 36 minutes a game. And I would guess 38-41. Pop has to know this is Kawhi's year to win the MVP.
No argument. Which plays into what I said: They are going to share the floor. A lot. So they better figure out how to play together and with LMA who's got his own agenda beyond winning.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2017, 07:00 PM
He played nearly 40% of his minutes at PF, last year, and his game/body is clearly suited for the 4 in today's NBA IMO..he's going to lose much of his effectiveness following the Achilles tear, anyways..makes much more sense to transition to the 4 on a full-time basis vs. slower players..

If Ginobili and Simmons both return, he'll be stuck at the 4, regardless..

Aldridge has played a large share of minutes at C the past 2 seasons, don't know why people think otherwise..

tonight...you
07-11-2017, 07:04 PM
He played nearly 40% of his minutes at PF, last year, and his game/body is clearly suited for the 4 in today's NBA IMO..he's going to lose a ton of his effectiveness following the Achilles tear, anyways..makes much more sense to transition to the 4 on a full-time basis vs. slower players..

It's inevitable and it works, to me. Maybe the D goes down, but Pop has a way of dealing with D on the team level, so I'm not as concerned because the scoring is going to be more unpredictable and there will be "multiple live guys" like Lebron said during the Finals of '14.

Maybe even 5 live guys... We'll see.

Spurtacular
07-11-2017, 07:31 PM
No argument. Which plays into what I said: They are going to share the floor. A lot. So they better figure out how to play together and with LMA who's got his own agenda beyond winning.

NBA's not using a lot of centers these days. Expect LMA to play the 5 much more, or for him to be traded. Though, with Parker out, we could see reduced guard minutes and Kawhi at the 2 more than we've seen. Someone, somewhere even suggest Kawhi playing the point.

tonight...you
07-11-2017, 07:33 PM
NBA's not using a lot of centers these days. Expect LMA to play the 5 much more, or for him to be traded. Though, with Parker out, we could see reduced guard minutes and Kawhi at the 2 more than we've seen. Someone, somewhere even suggest Kawhi playing the point.
We'll see what happens, right? This season is going to be interesting and, I think, Pop will be relying on his assistant coaches more than ever. For better, or worse.

Spurtacular
07-11-2017, 07:39 PM
We'll see what happens, right? This season is going to be interesting and, I think, Pop will be relying on his assistant coaches more than ever. For better, or worse.

I expect a lot of trial and error, just hopefully not at the expense of breaking the 50 win season or Kawhi's MVP there for the taking.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-11-2017, 07:39 PM

dafuq?

tonight...you
07-11-2017, 07:43 PM
dafuq?
Even if I was wrong, which I doubt...
You are the last person to say anything about anything.

You are a true shame to any father.

Seventyniner
07-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Aldridge has played a large share of minutes at C the past 2 seasons, don't know why people think otherwise..

The stats bear it out too: 46% of his minutes were at C in 2015-2016 and 31% last year. I'm not sure why the dropoff happened, Duncan and Gasol played similar numbers of games and minutes.

I'm assuming that the Gay signing was a best-player-available thing. I figured the team was already (comparatively) stacked at forward.

spurs10
07-11-2017, 08:46 PM
He played nearly 40% of his minutes at PF, last year, and his game/body is clearly suited for the 4 in today's NBA IMO..he's going to lose much of his effectiveness following the Achilles tear, anyways..makes much more sense to transition to the 4 on a full-time basis vs. slower players..

Aldridge has played a large share of minutes at C the past 2 seasons, don't know why people think otherwise.. This is what I've been thinking. Of course much would depend on LMA getting with the program. Then again we will also have Pau who was shooting the ball from the outside at a good clip.
Patty
Green
Kawhi
Gay
LMA/Pau
:flag:

UNT Eagles 2016
07-11-2017, 09:59 PM
This is what I've been thinking. Of course much would depend on LMA getting with the program. Then again we will also have Pau who was shooting the ball from the outside at a good clip.
Patty
Green
Kawhi
Gay
LMA/Pau
:flag:
Mr. Nick Van Exel without handles, Mills CANNOT be a starting PG.

Murray.

duncan2k5
07-12-2017, 05:26 AM

Exactly

duncan2k5
07-12-2017, 05:30 AM

For defensive reasons? Gay is MUCH more valuable than green...even if he doesn't play defense as good (I disagree because Danny has become bad) he MUCH more than makes up for it with literally every other part of his game...thats like preferring Deandre Jordan over demarcus cousins because his defense is better

Snaq O'Meal
07-12-2017, 06:48 AM
At his best, Rudy was even freakier than Kawhi, combining a 7'3" wingspan with 40" vertical.

But now? A lot will depend on his recovery from injury. He is definitely a far better dribbler and passer than Green, so that's an automatic upgrade to the offence. Hopefully he'll put his superior length to good use on D.

monkeypunk
07-12-2017, 08:00 AM
Even if I was wrong, which I doubt...
You are the last person to say anything about anything.

You are a true shame to any father.

Not that it matters but Manu was drafted in like 99/00 and Bowen was traded for HWSNBN a year or two before we drafted Kawhi.

tbdog
07-12-2017, 08:08 AM
He has to play pf along with with Anderson and Bertans. Manu, Simmons, and Green will play all backup Leonard and play sg. Forbes and Murray will battle for backup PG.

bluebellmaniac
07-12-2017, 08:19 AM
At his best, Rudy was even freakier than Kawhi, combining a 7'3" wingspan with 40" vertical.

But now? A lot will depend on his recovery from injury. He is definitely a far better dribbler and passer than Green, so that's an automatic upgrade to the offence. Hopefully he'll put his superior length to good use on D.

Pretty sure his wingspan hasn't changed.

look_at_g_shred
07-12-2017, 02:33 PM
I could be wrong but I can imagine he's a doggy kind of guy. Lord knows I am.

Dex
07-12-2017, 02:42 PM
My guess is Gay will be first guy off the bench, probably for whoever is at the 5 (Pau or Joff). Then the Spurs will go small with Gay at the 4 and LMA at the 5.

I also think that is how they will close most games, matchups allowing of course.

I think we will see plenty of Kawhi and Gay together, but I don't see Pop committing to it as a full time starting lineup not do I see Green losing his spot in the rotation.