PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Will Kawhi and LeBron on the same team ever happen?

Fabbs
07-11-2017, 12:15 PM
Will the NBAs easily #1-2 best players ever be on the same team?

Why LeBron signed a 2 year deal with the Cavs after the 2016 season is a head scratcher for me. Can you imagine if he signed a one year deal and was an unrestricted free agent now? Of course the sensible move for another NBA Championship would have been to slide down to San Antone and work the Warriors and WarriorRef with Kawhi.
Or, Lebron would have had a ton of options. Oh well he didn't.

With Kwa hitched to the Spurs thru 2019 that pretty much kiboshes his bailing anywhere next summer.

Got to believe beginning this season and into the following 2018-19 season LeBron may slip a little due to age. Most likely he and Kwa will swap the #1 - #2 spot.

Fabbs
07-11-2017, 12:17 PM
So summer of 2019 is Kawhi's next scheduled unrestricted free agency.
If, if Lebron is also an UFA that summer, wow the offers could be endless.
Deep pockets teams Knicks, LA Clipps and LA Lakers all with cash and retarded owners could make huge offers to this tandem.

DMC
07-11-2017, 04:32 PM
They don't need to be on the same team. They do basically the same things. Instead, you need great players that do other things. Novel idea, I know.

Fabbs
07-11-2017, 05:20 PM
They don't need to be on the same team. They do basically the same things. Instead, you need great players that do other things. Novel idea, I know.
?
If you could pick from any ONE NBA player to join either one of them who would it be besides Kwa or LeBron?

DMC
07-11-2017, 06:03 PM
?
If you could pick from any ONE NBA player to join either one of them who would it be besides Kwa or LeBron?

I'd like to have Kevin Durant with Lebron. If I had Kawhi, I'd like to have Kevin Durant. Outside of KD, I would like to have Anthony Davis join Kawhi or to have KAT join Lebron.

hater
07-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Can u guys imagine Jordan and MJ in the same team??????????

I. Hustle
07-11-2017, 06:12 PM

Like inside the same team?

Like Innerspace with Dennis Quaid? Like Jordan and MJ go inside the body of Mike and help him overcome his fears of taking charges?

BD24
07-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Not in San Antonio tbh

Robz4000
07-12-2017, 03:30 AM
Best player to have beside Kawhi is Curry or Thimpson imo.

Fabbs
07-12-2017, 10:04 AM
I'd like to have Kevin Durant with Lebron. If I had Kawhi, I'd like to have Kevin Durant. Outside of KD, I would like to have Anthony Davis join Kawhi or to have KAT join Lebron.
You'd seriously rather have Cupcake Durant rather then LeBron on the floor with Kawhi?
Don't forget defense.

I seriously believe that bitch Cupcake is not even in the Finals if Kawhi didn't get cheapshotted.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-12-2017, 10:22 AM
This would scare many teams if it would actually happen. It's financially attainable for the Spurs to pull this off in 2018 while the likes of Houston, GS, and OKC will all be in cap hell

DMC
07-12-2017, 10:30 AM
?

You'd seriously rather have Cupcake Durant rather then LeBron on the floor with Kawhi?
Don't forget defense.

I seriously believe that bitch Cupcake is not even in the Finals if Kawhi didn't get cheapshotted.

Are you smoking crack?

But yes, I'd take Durant over either of them because the game today is about the 3. Sure Lebron can get to the cup at will as we saw but 3 > 2, as we saw as well, and Kawhi isn't nearly the 3pt shooter that Durant is. He can get you stops for sure, but not against everyone on the team and a 7 footer who can do what Durant can do is rare, very.

Durant and Lebron or Durant and Kawhi would be better than Kawhi and Lebron because Kawhi and Lebron occupy the same space.

Mitch
07-12-2017, 10:39 AM

Micheal Jackson and Jordan? Jordan plays basketball while Jackson performs thriller with the corpses of Spurs starting lineup?

Fabbs
07-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Are you smoking crack?

But yes, I'd take Durant over either of them because the game today is about the 3. Sure Lebron can get to the cup at will as we saw but 3 > 2, as we saw as well, and Kawhi isn't nearly the 3pt shooter that Durant is. He can get you stops for sure, but not against everyone on the team and a 7 footer who can do what Durant can do is rare, very.

Durant and Lebron or Durant and Kawhi would be better than Kawhi and Lebron because Kawhi and Lebron occupy the same space.
I rewatched Spurs - Warriors game 1 and that phaggot Durant wasn't doing shit without his wide open jumpers and parades to the free throw line. For that matter neither was Curry. Ya I know we'll never know what would have transpired. But they have both been shown to be very vulnerable when under adversity, which they have had very little in their 3 year TV darlings run. Likewise in the recent Cavs Warriors Finals LeBron absolutely kicked ass. Sure Cupcake piled on the stats after it was a blowout. That is his specialty.

Lebron - Kawhi way the hell better then Cupcake.

Fabbs
07-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Kawhi isn't nearly the 3pt shooter that Durant is. He can get you stops for sure, but not against everyone on the team and a 7 footer who can do what Durant can do is rare, very.
Check your stats on Kawhi treys, son.
.455 2017 playoffs.
.427 career playoffs.
That is within a Craig CIA Popplevich offense too. Which means often in Force Feed Aldridge offense Kawhi had to hork up a trey under pressure.

Contrast with Cupcake.
.344 career playoffs :rolleyes

Sure 2017 the little phaggot got to stat pad.
Still couldn't match Kwa.
.455 to .442 and that's with every conceivable advantage.

DMC
07-12-2017, 11:47 AM
I rewatched Spurs - Warriors game 1 and that phaggot Durant wasn't doing shit without his wide open jumpers and parades to the free throw line. For that matter neither was Curry. Ya I know we'll never know what would have transpired. But they have both been shown to be very vulnerable when under adversity, which they have had very little in their 3 year TV darlings run. Likewise in the recent Cavs Warriors Finals LeBron absolutely kicked ass. Sure Cupcake piled on the stats after it was a blowout. That is his specialty.

Lebron - Kawhi way the hell better then Cupcake.

So he wasn't doing anything without his offense.

Meanwhile Kawhi was sitting on the bench or in rehab. Lebron was just doing the Russell Westbrook act to the rim, every trip. Same thing. Winning is winning. You're whining.

DMC
07-12-2017, 11:49 AM
.455 2017 playoffs.
.427 career playoffs.
That is within a Craig CIA Popplevich offense too. Which means often in Force Feed Aldridge offense Kawhi had to hork up a trey under pressure.

Contrast with Cupcake.

If you're trying to push the notion that KL is a more prolific 3pt shooter than KD, you just lost the ability to debate basketball, not that you ever had much.

Fabbs
07-12-2017, 11:53 AM
If you're trying to push the notion that KL is a more prolific 3pt shooter than KD, you just lost the ability to debate basketball, not that you ever had much.
:lol gfy

Chillen
07-12-2017, 01:29 PM
This would scare many teams if it would actually happen. It's financially attainable for the Spurs to pull this off in 2018 while the likes of Houston, GS, and OKC will all be in cap hell

They may play the same position but Kawhi would defer to LeBron and do what it takes to make the team win. This would be a great dynamic duo and teams would be in hell on offense against them. They would be praying one of them fouls out.

DMC
07-12-2017, 03:33 PM
They may play the same position but Kawhi would defer to LeBron and do what it takes to make the team win. This would be a great dynamic duo and teams would be in hell on offense against them. They would be praying one of them fouls out.

They still wouldn't beat a great 3pt shooting team like GS. It's just an entertaining scenario, not a game changer.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Like inside the same team?

Like Innerspace with Dennis Quaid? Like Jordan and MJ go inside the body of Mike and help him overcome his fears of taking charges?

:lol

AlexJones
07-13-2017, 11:34 AM
Maybe in 2018 but Spurfan (average IQ < 90) would literally rather not have Lebron "steal Kawhi's spotlight" than compete against the Warriors. I'll sure be looking forward to every Warriors playoff victory over SA in the next 5 years tho. Good times.

Mnky
07-14-2017, 02:12 AM
.455 2017 playoffs.
.427 career playoffs.

Contrast with Cupcake.

Truth bombs tbh. Kawhi has been near the top of the league the last couple years.

Durant on the easiest ride of his life couldn't keep up with kawhi.

People need to get over mainstream hype.

Anyone in basketball, including the warriors, would take the best player in tge world, Lebron, over Durant any day.

Kawhi and LeBron would be fun to watch.

If he's trying to make money, he goes to L.A. if he's competing, spurs seems like the best fit to end his career push for a ring. They can add another max player as well like cousins.

That would be a mean front court.

Koolaid_Man
07-15-2017, 09:23 AM
my my my how the mighty have fallen....never thought I'd live to see the day when GNSF would be begging Lebron to suck his hairy black steroid injected ass.

LkrFan
07-15-2017, 11:40 PM
Kobe 5, LeBronze 5**

**Finals losses, that is! BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! :lmao

Buddy Mignon
07-15-2017, 11:47 PM
No way Lebron is going to dumb down his game to play with the Retard.

Spurtacular
07-16-2017, 03:18 AM
Will the NBAs easily #1-2 best players ever be on the same team?

Why LeBron signed a 2 year deal with the Cavs after the 2016 season is a head scratcher for me.

All his deals have a player option for the second season for him to have leverage and react to market conditions as well as power balance shifts. If he had wanted to go to the Spurs this season he could have. It was pretty established he wasn't leaving Cleveland after this season. But the thought is that he only wants to get his ass handed to him by the Dubs so many times; so, maybe after this season, he'll consider joining up with Kawhi and Pop.

Raven
07-16-2017, 05:13 AM

yuck

mudyez
07-16-2017, 06:03 AM
?

For Kawhi it's AD.

Wait that somewhat is in play.

DMC
07-16-2017, 12:20 PM
yuck

Davis with Leonard would be amazing. You stow away amazing players on shit teams and you ignore how good they are. If Davis decides he's going to save-a-ho in New Orleans, he's going to have a long career of being up and coming. He needs to move on. He won't.

I'd take Lebron over anyone, but there are better options for each of KL and LBJ than each other. I'd take KD over Leonard. Only a fool wouldn't. That's from the start though. Given the scenario, either could be better than the other.

Raven
07-16-2017, 12:56 PM
Davis with Leonard would be amazing. You stow away amazing players on shit teams and you ignore how good they are. If Davis decides he's going to save-a-ho in New Orleans, he's going to have a long career of being up and coming. He needs to move on. He won't.

I'd take Lebron over anyone, but there are better options for each of KL and LBJ than each other. I'd take KD over Leonard. Only a fool wouldn't. That's from the start though. Given the scenario, either could be better than the other.

i'd take gobert over davis any day. Sure davis myght turn out good at some point, but so far he's been a top 40 player at best.

Spurtacular
07-16-2017, 09:27 PM
No way Lebron is going to dumb down his game to play with the Retard.

2.5/10

Lebron won't be looking at it through that specter. If Kawhi gives him the best chance to ring, then it could be on.

Fabbs
07-16-2017, 09:44 PM
All his deals have a player option for the second season for him to have leverage and react to market conditions as well as power balance shifts. If he had wanted to go to the Spurs this season he could have. It was pretty established he wasn't leaving Cleveland after this season. But the thought is that he only wants to get his ass handed to him by the Dubs so many times; so, maybe after this season, he'll consider joining up with Kawhi and Pop.
No. In summer of '16 after the Cavs took out the Warriorettes, Lebron signed a 3 year deal with the 1st two locked in then a 3rd year player option. Option not open up til summer 2018.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17277001/lebron-james-officially-re-signs-cleveland-cavaliers

Again I don't know why he did that. He and Kwa could be combining this summer.
Perhaps he greatly overestimated how well his friends would play along with Kardashian checking out.

ambchang
07-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Nike would have to confiscate all those practice tapes if they ever play together.

Spurtacular
07-16-2017, 10:20 PM
No. In summer of '16 after the Cavs took out the Warriorettes, Lebron signed a 3 year deal with the 1st two locked in then a 3rd year player option. Option not open up til summer 2018.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17277001/lebron-james-officially-re-signs-cleveland-cavaliers

Again I don't know why he did that. He and Kwa could be combining this summer.
Perhaps he greatly overestimated how well his friends would play along with Kardashian checking out.

Well, I think he planned on two years in Cleveland either way after winning the title would be why; because if he had lost this year, he couldn't have walked away without trying to avenge the loss or he'd get too clowned in the media. And he looks like he's all in with three years (really two) rather than the one and we'll see approach he had initially taken. But if he loses twice in a row to GS, then it's like they can sell that he just needs to go to a better situation like the Lebron nut hugging media always does. But walking away after losing two of three without trying to even it, even the cum guzzlers at ESPN can't sell that one as alpha.

DMC
07-16-2017, 10:48 PM
i'd take gobert over davis any day. Sure davis myght turn out good at some point, but so far he's been a top 40 player at best.

Gobert over Davis? Sure, if you don't need offense.

07-23-2017, 12:35 PM
Kawhi for Kylie, do it PATFO!!!

Fabbs
07-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Kawhi for Kylie, do it PATFO!!!
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3379609989/4cd28b985d64cc2c1623563d792d476b_400x400.jpeg

There there 140
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243406&highlight=Mavs+Division