PDA

View Full Version : The State Farm of Brandon Paul

Dverde
07-13-2017, 11:25 AM
David Pick @IAmDPick
(https://twitter.com/IAmDPick)15m (https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/885515902934016004)
Source: Brandon Paul, a Summer League star, is signing with the San Antonio Spurs.

lebomb
07-13-2017, 11:27 AM
He is avg like 14pts a game in the summer league, that is hardly a star. Decent, but not a star.

Dverde
07-13-2017, 11:29 AM
I think this addition means Blossomgame will primarily be in the dleague next season.

TheGreatYacht
07-13-2017, 11:31 AM
2009-2013: 38FG% in College
2014: 40FG% in Europe
2016: 38FG% in Europe
2017: 38FG% in Europe

RC Drunkford probably saw his twitter handle was @BP3 and thought he pulled one off on Morey

cd98
07-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Funny enough, if you search Wikipedia, Brandon's dad's name is Cliff Paul.

rastaspur
07-13-2017, 12:30 PM
It's got to be a nonguaranteed deal for camp right? I hope so.

Eaglenole2002
07-13-2017, 12:32 PM
Woj says it's guaranteed.

Atl Spur
07-13-2017, 12:35 PM
This paul is going to surprise a few of you guys.......

tmtcsc
07-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Please let this mean the Spurs are shipping off TP's contract and Dejounte Murray to free up Money.

tmtcsc
07-13-2017, 12:37 PM
It's got to be a nonguaranteed deal for camp right? I hope so.

It doesn't have to be. LJC had a guaranteed contract last year and was cut.

Chinook
07-13-2017, 12:45 PM
It doesn't have to be. LJC had a guaranteed contract last year and was cut.

New rule is that you can't have a guy play for your d-league team if he was guaranteed more than $50k. So LJC's case wouldn't work this year.

sananspursfan21
07-13-2017, 12:48 PM
Are the Spurs that desperate? Could they not even get a meeting with Cliff??

Eaglenole2002
07-13-2017, 12:50 PM
New rule is that you can't have a guy play for your d-league team if he was guaranteed more than $50k. So LJC's case wouldn't work this year.
Thanks for breaking this stuff down for us. Good stuff.

tmtcsc
07-13-2017, 12:52 PM

Well alright then. Bye Bye JSimms

DMC
07-13-2017, 03:03 PM
I think this addition means Blossomgame will primarily be in the dleague next season.

Wiltgame

SilverSpur
07-13-2017, 06:35 PM
He's was signed for training camp, so he can push the others and keep them on there toes.
You don't want Murray , Forbes, White etc. thinking they got it made. Have to keep pushing them.

Dverde
07-13-2017, 07:49 PM
He's was signed for training camp, so he can push the others and keep them on there toes.
You don't want Murray , Forbes, White etc. thinking they got it made. Have to keep pushing them.

I disagree. I think he was signed to replace Simmons' spot. I think the Spurs are going to try him out for a year then decide whether to keep him or give Blossomgame the spot in 2018.

ceperez
07-13-2017, 08:24 PM
Interesting pick up. He's an inch taller than Donovan Mitchell of the Jazz. He's got the same wingspan and almost the same vertical leap.

He could be a better defender than Simmons considering he's got the wingspan of Danny Green.

SAGirl
10-17-2017, 06:42 PM
State Farm has been abandoned for a while.
Jabari did an interview with him:

Chinook
10-17-2017, 06:46 PM
Who was the first Brandon Paul?

Seventyniner
10-17-2017, 07:10 PM
Who was the first Brandon Paul?

Chris and Cliff's dad?

Ice009
10-17-2017, 09:37 PM
State Farm has been abandoned for a while.
Jabari did an interview with him:

I can't view the article. Says I need to subscribe.

exstatic
10-17-2017, 10:03 PM
They’ve really tightened up their paywall. Used to be that the twitter links would let you behind it, or a google search result. Not any more.

YGWHI
10-18-2017, 02:09 AM

:D

Dverde
10-29-2017, 04:32 PM
BP3 looking legit NBA player

SAGirl
11-08-2017, 07:48 AM

Seventyniner
11-08-2017, 08:38 AM

Never would have happened with Leonard and Parker healthy.

SAGirl
11-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Never would have happened with Leonard and Parker healthy.
That's true... but still, he's earned his playing time time. It could have just as well gone to Davis Bertans, who has so many championing his case, or to rook Derrick white, if matchups weren't favorable for Davis. Credit must be given to Paul.

bklynspursfan
11-08-2017, 10:23 AM
That's true... but still, he's earned his playing time time. It could have just as well gone to Davis Bertans, who has so many championing his case, or to rook Derrick white, if matchups weren't favorable for Davis. Credit must be given to Paul.

This is probably one of those blessing in disguise situations... I think as he continues to get more familiar, he could be a big part of the rotation as the season progresses. Glad Pop was able to see a lot of him this early on. His IQ, defense and of course shooting make him super valuable to this team.

cutewizard
11-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Wow another gem

cutewizard
11-08-2017, 11:44 AM
:bobo

Ice009
11-08-2017, 12:21 PM
I really like this guy so far just based on his defense alone.

The only thing I want to know is can he dribble the ball with proficiency? Is he a decent ball handler? I haven't seen much of that aspect of his game. I thought I read that he's played some PG?

jyra
11-17-2017, 04:13 PM

Paul returned home to Illinois with an NBA deal in hand after playing just three summer league games with the Cavaliers in Las Vegas. He was told to keep the deal quiet until the Spurs released it, but he did tell his mom, Lynda, when she picked him up from the airport in Chicago after an unexpected short trip to Las Vegas. The Spurs announced it July 14.

“It was definitely an emotional time for me. I teared up again when I told my mom because the Spurs are her favorite team. That was icing on the cake as well,” Paul said.

Soon afterward, Paul headed to San Antonio to begin preparing for the 2017-18 NBA season. He says he will never forget his first day at work with the Spurs, who immediately made him feel welcome.

“It took weeks for it to [set in]. This was crazy,” Paul said. “I wasn’t supposed to meet ‘Pop’ [Popovich] yet. He was there when I walked in, and I said, ‘What’s up?’ to him. He gave me a hug. I met with R.C. and he gave me a hug. It was surreal then, and it still is for me.”

Phenomanul
11-20-2017, 09:51 AM
Great article... :tu

SAGirl
11-28-2017, 01:52 PM
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/11/28/16692094/brandon-paul-daniel-theis-spurs-celtics-role-players-europe

“I played in three different leagues in three countries, and they are all different in their own ways. It’s a different paced game. There are different rules. You get used to the difference,” Paul told me after a shootaround in Dallas two weeks ago.
Experience helps a player transition into the NBA. The best seasons of a player’s career are typically in their mid-to-late 20s, when they are in the narrow window where their knowledge of the game has increased and their athleticism has yet to decline. The problem for teams trying to fill out their rosters is that established NBA players in that window are typically fairly expensive. If a team is over the salary cap and can only offer contracts near the league minimum, they are usually choosing between players near the beginning or the end of their careers. They have to get lucky to find a quality player at that price, either an older guy who declines slower than expected or a younger guy who develops quicker. Signing players from Europe is a way around that dilemma. Guys in their mid-20s who have spent the past few years overseas don’t represent the same trade-off between basketball IQ and athleticism.

Brandon Paul is the player the Nuggets want Malik Beasley to become. Every team in the NBA needs guys like him. At 6-foot-4 and 200 pounds with a 6-foot-10 wingspan, he spaces the floor and defends players at three positions. Paul has already earned a spot in the Spurs rotation, and he’s part of a deep bench that has helped San Antonio survive without Kawhi Leonard. He is an intelligent player who plays within himself and understands his role on the team.
A good 3-and-D player is the glue that holds lineups together. Paul’s defensive versatility allows Gregg Popovich to cover for many more offensively minded players. He can guard 3s, play with two smaller guards like Bryn Forbes and Patty Mills, and defend point guards when Manu Ginobili runs the offense. Paul matches up with players from speed demons like Yogi Ferrell to supersized wings like Jaylen Brown. He defends like he has something to prove, sacrificing his body and rarely giving up on plays.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-28-2017, 02:38 PM
He's been out of the rotation lately. The rotation won't be set until MArch at the earliest. I expect it will take longer with 2 starters missing a quarter of the season.

UZER
11-28-2017, 04:48 PM
He's been out of the rotation lately. The rotation won't be set until MArch at the earliest. I expect it will take longer with 2 starters missing a quarter of the season.

This is typical Pop though. New guy plays great, then sits out the rotation for weeks for no reason other than Pop still hasn't gotten over himself.

Tired of Pops shtick.

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 05:58 PM
Honestly I would play Paul over Forbes and I like Baby Face.

TD 21
11-28-2017, 06:17 PM

It was set in the off season . . .

Bigs: Aldridge, Gasol, Gay, Anderson
Wings: Leonard, Green, Anderson, Ginobili

This is typical Pop though. New guy plays great, then sits out the rotation for weeks for no reason other than Pop still hasn't gotten over himself.

Tired of Pops shtick.

Think it's more situational: Depth of size = Lauvergne. Depth of perimeter (super)stars = Paul. Lack of depth of perimeter (super)stars and/or in need of quick strike offense = Forbes or Bertans.

UZER
11-28-2017, 07:28 PM

Think it's more situational: Depth of size = Lauvergne. Depth of perimeter (super)stars = Paul. Lack of depth of perimeter (super)stars and/or in need of quick strike offense = Forbes or Bertans.

And in the end, none of it matters because in the playoffs, Pop will revert back to only Manu Mills Gasoline because "dammit, Manu can have 50 turnovers, I'm still playing him because I love him. And mills can go 0-for and be a constant liability on defense, but he's gonna earn those overpaid 50mil we gave him. And Gasol finally picked us two years too late, but he also gonna earn his overpaid loyalty salary. And if we lose, we lose playing guys I love and don't have to coach."

Pop just don't have the fight left I'm him anymore. Sure he screams at refs but it's all a show at this point.

tonight...you
11-28-2017, 07:36 PM
And in the end, none of it matters because in the playoffs, Pop will revert back to only Manu Mills Gasoline because "dammit, Manu can have 50 turnovers, I'm still playing him because I love him. And mills can go 0-for and be a constant liability on defense, but he's gonna earn those overpaid 50mil we gave him. And Gasol finally picked us two years too late, but he also gonna earn his overpaid loyalty salary. And if we lose, we lose playing guys I love and don't have to coach."

Pop just don't have the fight left I'm him anymore. Sure he screams at refs but it's all a show at this point.
It's not him, he has Yes-Men around him now.
Who argues with him, on the staff?

I saw more convos between Ettore and that guy from Miami than any Pop has had, except for a few with Ime last year, than any he has had with anybody, including players.

TD 21
11-29-2017, 05:27 PM

Of course it won't matter (much, at least): they're all vying for spot minutes in what will mostly be a 9 man rotation, particularly in the playoffs.

He'll never entirely go away from Ginobili, but I could see him further reducing his minutes, either in ultra big lineups with Leonard or Anderson playing as the nominal SG at times or by just giving more minutes to Forbes or Paul. Duncan was more injury related, but still, if he was willing to do that with him, then he'll damn sure be willing to do it with Ginobili.

TheGreatYacht
12-03-2017, 09:55 PM
Can we stop comparing this dude to Simmons? You racist motherfuckers only did it because they're 6'5 and dark skin.

Theres a reason he's been cut from every team he's been in, that includes some place named Instanbul

Amuseddaysleeper
12-03-2017, 10:44 PM
Brandon Paul isn’t a tenth the player Simmons is.

Brandon Paul just isn’t very good at all.

Atl Spur
12-03-2017, 11:03 PM
He’s a good defender; offense will come hopefully.

Ice009
12-04-2017, 12:59 AM
I've seen enough. He's cheaper than Simmons, that's about the only thing that I give him.

I thought he might be a more versatile player than Simmons, as in, I thought he might be able to handle the ball better and make some plays off the dribble, and I also thought he might be a better shooter. His ball handling looks shaky, certainly no better than Simmons', and it's debatable if he's a better shooter or not. He may have just had a hot start to the season shooting wise and now we might be seeing regression to the mean in regard to his shooting.

Stabula
12-04-2017, 01:03 AM
Jury is still out on Brandon Paul IMO

cjw
12-04-2017, 01:15 AM
He and Simmons are completely different players. Paul’s defense is light years ahead of where Simmons’ was at this point in their tenure with the Spurs. Offensively, he’s got a lot of work to do but you’re all comparing him to the Simmons we saw at the end of his two years in SA.

Would I take Simmons over Paul for the same dollars? Yes. But that’s not the option they were presented with. Yes, I know they wasted that same money on Patty.

Ice009
12-04-2017, 01:25 AM
Why are you even talking about money? A lot of people here thought he'd get way more than he got. I was worried about giving Simmons 10+ million, but for anything in the 6-9M range, I easily would have had him back. For his current price, which is the lower end of the scale (lower than I expected him to get), I'd take that over Paul's current price tag too.

All Pop had to do is tell him he would start out ahead of Manu in the rotation and be given every opportunity to keep that spot. Very fucking shortsighted of Pop to rely on Manu at his current age. I still love Manu, but I don't know if he can hold up all season in a critical rotation role that we need from him to compete for the Championship. I hope he can.

Darius Bieber
12-04-2017, 02:07 AM
Definitely has fallen off since the beginning of the season tbh

Hoops Czar
12-04-2017, 03:53 AM

Wow, BP3 isn't even a tenth of scrub because Malik Hairston, I mean Jonathon Simmons is a flat out scrub? Just think about that for a second, a scrub is bad enough, how bad do you have to be to be a tenth of a scrub? Granted, he hasn't been great but he's been league average which more than I could say about Simmons if you subtract all that stat padding. BP3 has a WS/48 .103 compared to Simmons .043 (scrubalicious) and the exact same WS of .05 which is a bit surprising when you considering that win shares is a counting stat and BP3 has played 353 less minutes. If BP3 isn't very good, What does that make Simmons? People forget just how unplayable Simmons was at times during his rookie season yet posters are jumping down Paul's throat because He isn't instant success. At least give him a season to develop before calling it.

SAGirl
12-04-2017, 04:10 AM
Jury is still out on Brandon Paul IMO
With you on this. Too soon to tell. He’s been know to shoot well.
He just didn’t shoot well this particular game.

r0drig0lac
12-04-2017, 05:22 AM

true, anyone could have seen it.

Fireball
12-04-2017, 06:00 AM
he was complaing about calls a little too much ... looked like Chris Paul out there in that regard

FuzzyLumpkins
12-04-2017, 11:52 AM

He is changing who gets the situational minutes. For example, Bertans is getting more minutes at the 4 over Lavergne the past week. Paul and Forbes rotate who gets back end minutes at the wing.

Of course the front line is set but it's the guys getting the 1 or 2 rotations for 15 mins in a game at the back end that are changing from game to game. He'll also have a few more of these rest games so that guys like White can get playing time while he rests the injured, the recovering, and the grandpa crew.

In Early Spring he tightens the rotation and 1 pr 2 guys stop seeing minutes at the back end of the rotation. SPAM onsets. Pop has done this for two decades.

Mr. Body
12-04-2017, 12:52 PM
he was complaing about calls a little too much ... looked like Chris Paul out there in that regard

He was getting a bit too riled up and competitive. The calls really were shitty.

TD 21
12-04-2017, 07:35 PM
:lol Ignoring the fact that Simmons never wanted to be a Spur, why do people judge players in a vacuum? Excluding the all timers, it's always about context. Paul is clearly a better range shooter and more sound player than Simmons, while Simmons is clearly more athletic and better at creating his own shot than Paul.

Thing is, Spurs have a Simmons archetype, with a higher upside, waiting in the wings, in Murray. Had Simmons been re-signed, when Ginobili retires, they'd have either had Murray blocked from a path to the rotation or playing alongside Simmons and Anderson. Neither scenario made sense. Paul will be a much better fit playing off of them.

SAGirl
12-04-2017, 09:44 PM
:lol Ignoring the fact that Simmons never wanted to be a Spur, why do people judge players in a vacuum? Excluding the all timers, it's always about context. Paul is clearly a better range shooter and more sound player than Simmons, while Simmons is clearly more athletic and better at creating his own shot than Paul.

Thing is, Spurs have a Simmons archetype, with a higher upside, waiting in the wings, in Murray. Had Simmons been re-signed, when Ginobili retires, they'd have either had Murray blocked from a path to the rotation or playing alongside Simmons and Anderson. Neither scenario made sense. Paul will be a much better fit playing off of them.
The statement I bolded is what makes all of this Simmons playerfanning really a troll shtick.

Takes that have context and make objective sense have no place in many troll heads.

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2017, 01:37 AM
^ yet this faggot is the first one to bump Simmons threads every time the Magic lose a game :lol omg look at this clip of Simmons getting juked....

Fireball
12-05-2017, 07:50 AM
He was getting a bit too riled up and competitive. The calls really were shitty.

I did not see a foul when he dunked the ball from the baseline ... someone undercut him, but this will never be called when the dunk was successful.

TheGreatYacht
12-05-2017, 11:26 AM
Pop couldn't trust this scrub for 1 minute last night. SAD.

And to think some of you autists compared this scrub to an efficient 19 points Per 36 scorer like Simmons.... DAF86

DAF86
12-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Pop couldn't trust this scrub for 1 minute last night. SAD.

And to think some of you autists compared this scrub to an efficient 19 points Per 36 scorer like Simmons.... DAF86

Remember Simmons first couple of games on the NBA? Bunch of DNPs and two pts games. :lol

Also lol at empty calories Simmons having net negative metrics all across the board. No matter how the guy plays he always manages to have the worst +/- on the Magic. Everygame. :lol

timtonymanu
12-05-2017, 12:40 PM
Paul now is around the same age Simmons when he was a rookie. Remember how bad Simmons looked his first season also after he went off in the summer league before. Of course Paul isn’t as good as Simmons now, but like TD 21 said he’s a better long term fit.

Ice009
12-05-2017, 12:42 PM
Look, I really, really like Brandon Paul, but the Spurs are in win now mode with Kawhi. You don't want to waste any of his prime.

SAgirl keeps saying Simmons didn't want to be here, but the Spurs didn't exactly make him feel wanted. Maybe he would have wanted to stay if they actually made him a priority like they did 50 Mills. Darn, what a waste of money. I'll keep saying it - I like Patty, but not at that price. The max I would have paid Patty if I was in charge is exactly what Simmons got. Anymore than that, I would have let him walk.

timtonymanu
12-05-2017, 12:48 PM
Look, I really, really like Brandon Paul, but the Spurs are in win now mode with Kawhi. You don't want to waste any of his prime.

Well Simmons chose to not come back, not the Spurs or Brandon Paul’s fault. Before someone brings up “but we brought back 50 Mills and Gasol, I still don’t think Simmons would have re-signed. Plus there’s a number of guys in the rotation like Paul trying to prove themselves, we don’t have the luxury of making super teams like the Warriors.

Ice009
12-05-2017, 12:59 PM
Well Simmons chose to not come back, not the Spurs or Brandon Paul’s fault. Before someone brings up “but we brought back 50 Mills and Gasol, I still don’t think Simmons would have re-signed. Plus there’s a number of guys in the rotation like Paul trying to prove themselves, we don’t have the luxury of making super teams like the Warriors.

If Simmons didn't want to come back at all no matter what, then I will let it go, but I really do think he got pissed off that the Spurs were basically holding him hostage with him being a restricted free agent. They didn't make him an offer at all and then other teams didn't make an offer either because they probably didn't want to waste time waiting for the Spurs to match.

If I was in Simmons' place I would have told the Spurs to shove it up their ass and left too. Even if I wanted to come back, after all that shit and how it played out, I would not have wanted to come back either. So again, I think it was the Spurs that made him not want to come back. I'd like to know if he had the intention of leaving before free agency started. If so, then I will drop it and forget about it. I just don't think he had the intention of outright leaving before free agency started. I could be wrong, but that is my take on it.

DAF86
12-05-2017, 01:07 PM
If Simmons didn't want to come back at all no matter what, then I will let it go, but I really do think he got pissed off that the Spurs were basically holding him hostage with him being a restricted free agent. They didn't make him an offer at all and then other teams didn't make an offer either because they probably didn't want to waste time waiting for the Spurs to match.

If I was in Simmons' place I would have told the Spurs to shove it up their ass and left too. Even if I wanted to come back, after all that shit and how it played out, I would not have wanted to come back either. So again, I think it was the Spurs that made him not want to come back. I'd like to know if he had the intention of leaving before free agency started. If so, then I will drop it and forget about it. I just don't think he had the intention of outright leaving before free agency started. I could be wrong, but that is my take on it.

Simmons said many times that he thanked Pop for all he did for him but that he needed to play for a coach that gave him more freedom. In other words, he wanted to get the fuck out.

Seventyniner
12-05-2017, 01:48 PM

It's hard to have an intention of leaving when you're a RFA. But the Spurs aren't the kind of franchise to match and retain a player who wants out.

SAGirl
12-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Remember Simmons first couple of games on the NBA? Bunch of DNPs and two pts games. :lol

Also lol at empty calories Simmons having net negative metrics all across the board. No matter how the guy plays he always manages to have the worst +/- on the Magic. Everygame. :lol

Simmons is currently 82 out of 87 SF in the league in RPM per ESPN. AT this point... there's just not much more to be said. Wish him the best and that is it.

Last Updated: December 5, 2017 11:00:02 AM PST2017-18 Real Plus-Minus - Small Forwards

RK
NAME
TEAM
GP
MPG
ORPM (http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/ORPM/position/5)
DRPM (http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/5)
RPM (http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM/position/5)
WINS (http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/WINS/position/5)

Michael Beasley (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3418/michael-beasley)
NY

Jonathon Simmons (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2579466/jonathon-simmons)
ORL

Harrison Barnes (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6578/harrison-barnes)
DAL

Dwayne Bacon (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3907821/dwayne-bacon)
CHA

Justin Jackson (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3138156/justin-jackson)
SAC

Paul Zipser (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3893023/paul-zipser)
CHI

Josh Jackson (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4066297/josh-jackson)
PHX

SAGirl
12-05-2017, 04:38 PM

SAgirl keeps saying Simmons didn't want to be here, but the Spurs didn't exactly make him feel wanted. Maybe he would have wanted to stay if they actually made him a priority like they did 50 Mills. Darn, what a waste of money. I'll keep saying it - I like Patty, but not at that price. The max I would have paid Patty if I was in charge is exactly what Simmons got. Anymore than that, I would have let him walk.
I don't keep saying he didn't want to be here. Simmons said it. flat out, in more than one occasion.

If guys want to keep thinking the earth is flat like Kyrie at some point one just has to let them.

SAGirl
12-06-2017, 12:47 PM

Phenomanul
12-06-2017, 02:39 PM

What's that in reference too?

SAGirl
12-06-2017, 02:44 PM
What's that in reference too?
TJ Warren was ejected from a game last night (I didn't watch it just saw it in comments).

Recently Lebron got his first career ejection, and as far as I know all of Durant, A.Davis, Cousins (of course), but also Shaun Livingston, maybe others have very recently gotten ejected from games.

Durant has been ejected three times already.
Draymond Green (https://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1992792/draymond-green) and Durant are second and third in the NBA in technical fouls, respectively.
The Warriors lead the NBA as a whole in techs.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/a-brief-history-of-the-growing-feud-between-warriors-players-and-nba-refs-this-season/

The joke is in his last game that he played enough minutes against OKC, Brandon Paul got a technical for arguing a call. I think he definitely sympathized with Warren.

Seventyniner
12-06-2017, 03:06 PM
TJ Warren was ejected from a game last night (I didn't watch it just saw it in comments).

Recently Lebron got his first career ejection, and as far as I know all of Durant, A.Davis, Cousins (of course), but also Shaun Livingston, maybe others have very recently gotten ejected from games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/a-brief-history-of-the-growing-feud-between-warriors-players-and-nba-refs-this-season/

The joke is in his last game that he played enough minutes against OKC, Brandon Paul got a technical for arguing a call. I think he definitely sympathized with Warren.

BP3 is flirting with a fine with that tweet, or at least would be under Stern.

Phenomanul
12-06-2017, 03:31 PM

Ok thanks...

I knew about the Lebron, Anthony Davis, GSW ejections... I was just wondering why the tweet had been issued today. But he wasn't trying to reference something else.

SAGirl
12-06-2017, 05:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/F07V6iC.jpg

Chinook
12-06-2017, 05:41 PM
That's Lolzville. Can't say I feel sorry for players who get ejected. Somewhere along the line, people started thinking it was okay to freak out if you didn't get a call. Totally not against seeing that shit get curtailed.

BackHome
12-07-2017, 01:21 AM
He is a one year rental

TheGreatYacht
12-07-2017, 01:51 AM
:td

SAGirl
12-07-2017, 09:34 AM

bklynspursfan
12-07-2017, 10:09 AM
That's Lolzville. Can't say I feel sorry for players who get ejected. Somewhere along the line, people started thinking it was okay to freak out if you didn't get a call. Totally not against seeing that shit get curtailed.

Yea. The fact that it was Lebron's 1st freaking ejection is more of a crime than anything. He's (and others) been spoiled way too long.

sasaint
12-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Yea. The fact that it was Lebron's 1st freaking ejection is more of a crime than anything. He's (and others) been spoiled way too long.

Endorsed!

sasaint
12-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Simmons is currently 82 out of 87 SF in the league in RPM per ESPN. AT this point... there's just not much more to be said. Wish him the best and that is it.

Last Updated: December 5, 2017 11:00:02 AM PST2017-18 Real Plus-Minus - Small Forwards

RK
NAME
TEAM
GP
MPG
ORPM (http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/ORPM/position/5)
DRPM (http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/5)
RPM (http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM/position/5)
WINS (http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/WINS/position/5)

Michael Beasley (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3418/michael-beasley)
NY

Jonathon Simmons (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2579466/jonathon-simmons)
ORL

Harrison Barnes (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6578/harrison-barnes)
DAL

Dwayne Bacon (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3907821/dwayne-bacon)
CHA

Justin Jackson (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3138156/justin-jackson)
SAC

Paul Zipser (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3893023/paul-zipser)
CHI

Josh Jackson (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4066297/josh-jackson)
PHX

Simmons is one thing, but Harrison Barnes...! So glad Dallas pried him away from the Dubs. Lol

TheGreatYacht
12-07-2017, 02:48 PM
This guy is fucking atrocious. Pop tries to force him into the rotation every game but he gets yanked after a minute of mediocre play. He's probably the luckiest rookie we've had in recent years in regards of getting playing time, but it's for sure not earned.

r0drig0lac
12-07-2017, 03:30 PM
burn this shit...lmao comparisons with simmons

BackHome
12-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Pop is again playing Manu way to many minutes and we don’t have a good backup for him at all. I was so wishing we could have brought over Adam Hanga this year he could have added some much needed depth

SAGirl
12-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Pop is again playing Manu way to many minutes and we don’t have a good backup for him at all. I was so wishing we could have brought over Adam Hanga this year he could have added some much needed depth
I am thinking Pop was going to play Manu a lot (in relation to his age) regardless... The fact Kawhi has been injured all season (so far) doesn't help (then you add in Tony as well) and Pop has needed Manu more than expected.

Once the team starts clicking and is healthy I expect some more rest games for Manu and shorter minutes for him.

BP3 hasn't taken much advantage of his opportunities so far though (unlike Forbes and Davis)...

bklynspursfan
12-10-2017, 09:53 AM

r0drig0lac
12-10-2017, 09:55 AM

good for him

UZER
12-10-2017, 11:12 AM

I have never seen the refs purposely walk away from someone to avoid giving a T, more than they do with Draymond. And this dude follows them and keeps screaming in there face! It's unreal. And it every damn game! He's not KD, LeBron, Tim, Kobe, etc. He an above average role player. Why does he get so much rope?

Sure they'll T him up, but he does 10x more than what anyone else does to get a T, and then they'll rarely give him a second one. I mean the refs are running under the bleachers so they won't have to give him a second T while he's chasing then down. As many times as he's been ejected, he really should have been ejected way more times.

duncan2k5
12-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Lol @ppl wanting Simmons to have a positive plus minus coming off the magic bench...

duncan2k5
12-10-2017, 03:10 PM
Simmons is one thing, but Harrison Barnes...! So glad Dallas pried him away from the Dubs. Lol

I can bet u and most other posters on here would love Harrison Barnes coming off our bench...

sasaint
12-10-2017, 03:27 PM
I can bet u and most other posters on here would love Harrison Barnes coming off our bench...

What makes you go there?

Chinook
12-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Lol @ppl wanting Simmons to have a positive plus minus coming off the magic bench...

Bruh most impact stats control for quality of teammates. Stop using a two-dollar excuse

DAF86
12-10-2017, 04:38 PM

Dude, you keep repeating this thing over and over. You should check how the stat works.