PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Cuban PURPOSELY didn't draft The Greek Freak?

LkrFan
07-13-2017, 12:00 PM

Mav fags, get in here and :downspin: this shiiiiiiiiiiiit! :rollin :lmao :rollin

Mark Celibate
07-13-2017, 12:23 PM
Nothing to spin, really

I've always thought Jewban was a dumbass.

:lol drafting Kelly Olynyk because he's the one who will 'get you to the top now'

Clipper Nation
07-13-2017, 01:06 PM
More evidence for why Cuban is the most overrated owner in the history of sports. There's a reason why the MLB wouldn't let that dumbass buy a team.

Mark Celibate
07-13-2017, 01:12 PM
More evidence for why Cuban is the most overrated owner in the history of sports. There's a reason why the MLB wouldn't let that dumbass buy a team.

pretty much. He did a great job marketing and getting butts in seats after the suckage in the 90's but damn, this guy has been carried entirely by Dirk ever since he started. This is what Jewban has always done. Be really good at one thing, let his ego grow out of control , and then thinks he's an expert at everything.

He created/sold something that doesn't even exist anymore right before the dotcom bubble burst and now he's on Shark Tank arrogantly telling everyone how to run their business no matter what industry it is. I could go on there and tell him I'm selling cow feces, and he would start BS'ing about he knows it better than me and that I just don't get it

07-13-2017, 01:47 PM
Why is this news right now? It has literally been known for years tbh

Raven
07-13-2017, 02:11 PM
i mean, barely anyone had seen the greek play when he declared, and at that point he had no offensive game to speak of. He probably thought he was going to be another ajinca that couldn't keep up with faster sfs and would therefore be overpowered at the pf position. The wiff, while dreadful, is understandable.

Chris
07-13-2017, 05:36 PM
:lmao

monosylab1k
07-13-2017, 05:46 PM

:tux10000000000000

Don Nelson should get all the credit for reviving the Mavericks. Cuban did nothing but get in the way, and then fell assbackwards into the 2011 title.

8FOR!3
07-13-2017, 05:52 PM
14 other teams passed on him too. Cody Zeller and Alex Len were the first two centers taken in a draft that had Nerlens Noel, Steven Adams, and Rudy Gobert. Front offices don't hit on everything, I'm not a Mavs fan but meh.

Clipper Nation
07-13-2017, 05:52 PM
i mean, barely anyone had seen the greek play when he declared, and at that point he had no offensive game to speak of. He probably thought he was going to be another ajinca that couldn't keep up with faster sfs and would therefore be overpowered at the pf position. The wiff, while dreadful, is understandable.
It's not even passing on Giannis that's the issue. A bunch of teams did that. It's the fact that the owner is telling the basketball people who to draft and who to pass on. Cuban isn't qualified to make those decisions.

monosylab1k
07-13-2017, 05:53 PM
pretty much. He did a great job marketing and getting butts in seats after the suckage in the 90's but damn, this guy has been carried entirely by Dirk ever since he started. This is what Jewban has always done. Be really good at one thing, let his ego grow out of control , and then thinks he's an expert at everything.

He created/sold something that doesn't even exist anymore right before the dotcom bubble burst and now he's on Shark Tank arrogantly telling everyone how to run their business no matter what industry it is. I could go on there and tell him I'm selling cow feces, and he would start BS'ing about he knows it better than me and that I just don't get it

What is it with Dallas teams having these egotistical meddling shitheads for owners? How many other cities have even one owner/GM shitting up their franchise, and Dallas has two?

unleashbaynes
07-13-2017, 08:54 PM
Cuban is such a dumbass. Dirk's loyalty to that fucktard is just baffling.

DMC
07-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Why is this news right now? It has literally been known for years tbh

Lakers fans just recently started reading about basketball again, after 5 years.

UZER
07-13-2017, 09:20 PM
Lakers fans just recently started reading about basketball again, after 5 years.

Once the warriors started winning.

DMC
07-13-2017, 09:26 PM
Once the warriors started winning.

Once they realized "hey, there's another California team that's a juggernaut, hell I can reverse this jersey"

Spurtacular
07-13-2017, 09:40 PM
14 others passed upon greek guy. I've long said that NBA execs are the dumbest in all of sports.

Kim Jong-il
07-14-2017, 01:40 AM
14 others passed upon greek guy. I've long said that NBA execs are the dumbest in all of sports.
Yeah, but in Cuban's case he had his scouts and Donnie and Rick on their knees begging him to take Giannis, and Cuban said "no" because he needed the cap space to pursue Dwight Howard. That is a monumentally stupid decision, one that would get any other front office exec fired, but Cuban's the owner so he isn't firing himself.

Spurtacular
07-14-2017, 02:59 AM
Yeah, but in Cuban's case he had his scouts and Donnie and Rick on their knees begging him to take Giannis, and Cuban said "no" because he needed the cap space to pursue Dwight Howard. That is a monumentally stupid decision, one that would get any other front office exec fired, but Cuban's the owner so he isn't firing himself.

I didn't see anything about that being a cap space move. What I saw was he thought K.O. was ready to contribute immediately, whereas greek guy wasn't. But that's just a whatever point; I'm not saying it wasn't a stupid move either way. I'm just saying that this guy apparently wasn't on people's radars. Yea, he should have listened to his staff though. I do remember KO being like a poor man's Adam Morrison coming out. So, I thought that was a dumb pick in the first place.

LkrFan
07-14-2017, 06:01 AM

For Dwert!?!?!?? :rollin :lmao :rollin

ambchang
07-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Hindsight is 50/50. Nobody saw Giannis as a legit MVP candidate when he was drafted. he showed great potential after the first two years, and he is developing, but at that time, it was tough to tell. Like nobody saw Jordan being GOAT when he was drafted, or Stockton being one of the greatest PGs to ever play, or Dirk turning out to be one of the best scorers of all time, or Pippen being one of the greatest SF of all time, or even Kawhi being an MVP candidate year after year. There are sure things, like Ewing, Olajuwon, Robinson, Shaq, Duncan, Lebron that people can immediately see the greatness, but there are those that require development.

Also, the league wasn't what it is now, the game has changed in the last five years, drastically, where the rule changes have gone from a half court oriented league, to one that is all about passing, cutting, and jacking up threes. A 7 footer with no post up game and zero offensive abilities really wasn't that desirable back then.

Kim Jong-il
07-14-2017, 12:13 PM
I didn't see anything about that being a cap space move. What I saw was he thought K.O. was ready to contribute immediately, whereas greek guy wasn't. But that's just a whatever point; I'm not saying it wasn't a stupid move either way. I'm just saying that this guy apparently wasn't on people's radars. Yea, he should have listened to his staff though. I do remember KO being like a poor man's Adam Morrison coming out. So, I thought that was a dumb pick in the first place.
They drafted Olynyk for Boston knowing they would trade him away. They needed the cap space to offer Dwight a max deal. Cuban had no intention of keeping the pick. And Donnie Nelson absolutely knew Giannis had the potential to be special, which makes it even worse.

clambake
07-14-2017, 01:21 PM
dennis smith jr looks pretty solid.

Kyle Orton
07-14-2017, 03:02 PM
dennis smith jr looks pretty solid.

yep tbh the mavs finally got their guard with Nash's shooting ability, Parker's driving, and Rose's athleticism tbh

Spurtacular
07-14-2017, 05:42 PM
They drafted Olynyk for Boston knowing they would trade him away. They needed the cap space to offer Dwight a max deal. Cuban had no intention of keeping the pick. And Donnie Nelson absolutely knew Giannis had the potential to be special, which makes it even worse.

Yea, Cuban likes to think he's the smartest guy in the room. He went on First Take a few years back and embarrassed himself with this uppity bull shit, talking about how smart he was after the Mavs won the finals. I can't find the clip now. Disney Sports must've flagged it.