PDA

View Full Version : Rewlly hope they don't sign Manu anymore...

apalisoc_9
07-13-2017, 04:11 PM
He's just taking up space and attention at this point.

If he comes back...All the talk will.be about how great he is and how much it is a retirment tour while Kawhi bust his ass to carry this team to 50 wins with D-League teamates.

Big Empty
07-13-2017, 04:54 PM
He's just taking up space and attention at this point.

If he comes back...All the talk will.be about how great he is and how much it is a retirment tour while Kawhi bust his ass to carry this team to 50 wins with D-League teamates.
Parker was a non-factor most of the regular season. We still have 3 of the 5 starters coming back in Leonard Green and Aldridge. Patty starting over Parker is an upgrade, If he even starts. We wont have any issues getting 50 wins barring any injuries to Kawhi. Add Gay to the mix and if he's even 80% of what he used to be its an upgrade whether off the bench or starting.

Capt Bringdown
07-13-2017, 04:57 PM
There are Spurs fans and there are Manu fans.

TheGreatYacht
07-13-2017, 04:59 PM
His fluffers will say this is it (like they've been saying since 2013) and Manu will have a reduced role.... while the complete opposite happens. They'll want him back again next offseason even after a season where he shot 31% from the field. Greedy Mexicans.

Hope Manure finally gets put out of his misery.

TheGreatYacht
07-13-2017, 05:00 PM
Parker was a non-factor most of the regular season. We still have 3 of the 5 starters coming back in Leonard Green and Aldridge. Patty starting over Parker is an upgrade, If he even starts. We wont have any issues getting 50 wins barring any injuries to Kawhi. Add Gay to the mix and if he's even 80% of what he used to be its an upgrade whether off the bench or starting.
Big Empty with the big empty post that has nothing to do with OP

SpurOutofTownFan
07-13-2017, 05:00 PM
Classic

bklynspursfan
07-13-2017, 05:06 PM
There are Spurs fans and there are Manu fans.

And there are both.

Dex
07-13-2017, 05:06 PM
I love Manu, and would love to see him back for another season for purely personal reasons.

At this point, though...the move just doesn't make sense. We are already overloaded on guards.

Parker, Mills, Murray, Green, White, Paul, Forbes...hell, even Anderson is a guard in a lanky body.

Unless one of those guys is moved, there just isn't space on the roster for Manu...otherwise it doesn't make since to keep any of the aforementioned.

Big Empty
07-13-2017, 05:12 PM
Big Empty with the big empty post that has nothing to do with OP He's concerned that Kawhi is gonna struggle getting us 50 wins because of a bunch of D-League players. And that Manu playing 15 minutes a game, every other game would hinder us developing players or signing players. that's a big fat ass false ha. Im just trying to prescribe some encouragement for your mangina's LOL

Capt Bringdown
07-13-2017, 05:14 PM
And there are both.

Not at this point. He needs to walk away and his fans need to let him go.
He's too old and the Spurs need to move forward.

Big Empty
07-13-2017, 05:20 PM
He's too old and the Spurs need to move forward. Manu stepped up in the playoffs. Im not arguing that he shouldn't retire, just that if no one else is available that can really contribute, im ok with him coming back one more time.

TheGreatYacht
07-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Manu stepped up in the playoffs. Im not arguing that he shouldn't retire, just that if no one else is available that can really contribute, im ok with him coming back one more time.
Stop it. You want Simmons gone despite him stepping up even bigger in the playoffs. This is what posters mean when they call out you Manu fans. Ginobili is taking rosters spots that should be going towards players with potential.

KDKSpurs24
07-13-2017, 05:42 PM
Manu stepped up in the playoffs. Im not arguing that he shouldn't retire, just that if no one else is available that can really contribute, im ok with him coming back one more time.
Manu had several games that he couldn't score to start the playoffs. I think Manu will REALLY feel over 40 next season if he decides to stay. He may feel good now but I guarantee he will be horrible by playoff time.

baseline bum
07-13-2017, 05:46 PM
Manu should probably retire. There is no real shot at competing for a title next year and I can't imagine he could play in 2018-19 when the Spurs have the opportunity to land someone like Cousins or George.

Big Empty
07-13-2017, 05:47 PM
Stop it. You want Simmons gone despite him stepping up even bigger in the playoffs. This is what posters mean when they call out you Manu fans. Ginobili is taking rosters spots that should be going towards players with potential.
To be honest, id rather have Simmons over Green. Manu has been Manu for 14 years. Simmons has been Simmons for 2 or 3 games against Golden State and 1 against Houston. Plus Manu's contracts are 1 year long. Lets be honest, Simmons 9/10m contract would probably be for 3 or 4 years. If Kawhi doesn't get hurt we are signing this guy for half. Maybe. If he doesn't consistently play like he did against GSW he isn't worth that contract. I don't think he does. His 3 point shooting % will be in the upper 20s/low 30's next season. Ill bet on that.

Capt Bringdown
07-13-2017, 05:50 PM
I notice his fanboys don't mention all the times Manu shit the bed in the playoffs, including single-handedly losing a couple of championships.
Last year's performance means zip with this guy, even more now that he's old.

dylankerouac
07-13-2017, 06:24 PM
All these young guys would be lucky to play with Ginobili for a year even with him at an even more limited role.

ElNono
07-13-2017, 07:06 PM
You gotta keep those Tostitos concession stands running at full tilt at halftime, tbh... there's value in that, IMO.

bklynspursfan
07-13-2017, 07:38 PM
He's too old and the Spurs need to move forward.

Nah. Especially if he'll have an even smaller role next season and is there to act as a mentor. I don't see how that's a negative in anyway.

I notice his fanboys don't mention all the times Manu shit the bed in the playoffs, including single-handedly losing a couple of championships.

I'm not a "fan boy" but I am a fan of Manu and have been a fan of this team for the last 25 years or so. It seems like you've still got an issue with the couple of times he may have costed the team a deeper run. You'll be hard-pressed to find someone who hasn't made mistakes on the basketball court at crucial times.

TheGreatYacht
07-13-2017, 07:42 PM
Mentor :lol
Smaller role :lol

Jesus Christ the fluffers don't even try anymore. He can always be a coach, but he won't since the Selfish fuck knows he can keep getting 8 digit paydays for however long he wants because he plays on a Mexican city that thinks he's Mexican like them

He held back Joseph and Simmons, and I believe he's holding back Anderson as well. He's the worst kind of player to have Murray in a lineup with as well. Dejounte needs the ball, not to stand in the corner with his hands up knowing he can't shoot.

tholdren
07-13-2017, 07:45 PM

Highlight queen ^

Mikeanaro
07-13-2017, 07:49 PM
Manu loves equally puppies and serial killers, he is going to play as long as he wants.

TheGreatYacht
07-13-2017, 07:50 PM
Manu loves equally puppies and serial killers, he is going to play as long as he wants.
So is Parker :)

He can teach Murray how to finish in the paint. He will take a reduced role

Mikeanaro
07-13-2017, 07:53 PM
So is Parker :)

He can teach Murray how to finish in the paint. He will take a reduced role
Exactly, those 2 are going to have like 3 legacy contracts, gotta teach those scrubs how to play macho ball.

bklynspursfan
07-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Mentor :lol
Smaller role :lol

Jesus Christ the fluffers don't even try anymore. He can always be a coach, but he won't since the Selfish fuck knows he can keep getting 8 digit paydays for however long he wants because he plays on a Mexican city that thinks he's Mexican like them

He held back Joseph and Simmons, and I believe he's holding back Anderson as well. He's the worst kind of player to have Murray in a lineup with as well. Dejounte needs the ball, not to stand in the corner with his hands up knowing he can't shoot.

So much wrong with this . But you already knew that :reading

james evans
07-13-2017, 08:55 PM
Ginobli will continue to be around cashing checks until all of the Ball brothers are NBA vets on their 2nd contracts.

rastaspur
07-13-2017, 08:56 PM
Ginobli will continue to be around cashing checks until all of the Ball brothers are NBA vets on their 2nd contracts.

The middle one isn't making the nba

james evans
07-13-2017, 08:59 PM
If his dad talks him up enough, someone will bite. Becuase if he hadn't of hyped Lonzo, no way does this kid get drafted with the 2nd pick. I don't see it

daslicer
07-13-2017, 09:00 PM
One of the few times I agree with the OP. It's time for Manure to retire along with the Manutards.

FkLA
07-13-2017, 09:01 PM

Neither will the youngest one. The pudgy middle one will be a scrub at the college level. :lol

rastaspur
07-13-2017, 09:03 PM
Neither will the youngest one. The pudgy middle one will be a scrub at the college level. :lol

I'm giving the young one the benefit of the doubt. The middle one will get gifted a ucla scolarship. That deal has already been arranged by poppa ball before lonzo step foot on that campus.

BatManu20
07-13-2017, 09:04 PM
His jersey will be up in the rafters by Christmas if they don't.

FkLA
07-13-2017, 09:09 PM
I'm giving the young one the benefit of the doubt. The middle one will get gifted a ucla scolarship. That deal has already been arranged by poppa ball before lonzo step foot on that campus.

He's already at UCLA. And yeah it pretty much was a package deal with Lonzo. I'm expecting him to be embarrassingly bad this upcoming year.

rastaspur
07-13-2017, 09:13 PM
He's already at UCLA. And yeah it pretty much was a package deal with Lonzo. I'm expecting him to be embarrassingly bad this upcoming year.

I'm high, nigga. Forgot the Cuban looking one graduated this year.

TheGreatYacht
07-13-2017, 09:23 PM
Manure has the front office on a leash. Even getting them to hire his lawn mowing brother as a coach. Unreal. The power of being Mexican

FkLA
07-13-2017, 09:25 PM
I'm high, nigga. Forgot the Cuban looking one graduated this year.

:lol :tu

Spurtacular
07-13-2017, 09:33 PM
I'm a faggot who is intentionally misspelling words on purpose after ten years plus of message board posting.

Horse
07-14-2017, 12:19 PM
I'd like him back in an Horry role. Manu and Tony played a lot better in the playoffs than the regular season. Also good for the young players to be around him. I understand moving on at some point but he's certainly earned his keep.

MaNu4Tres
07-14-2017, 12:26 PM
Last year he decided July 3rd. It's July 14th and still nothing.

I have a feeling the more time goes on, the more he's actually leaning towards retiring.

mookie2001
07-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Obviously Manu doesn't give a shit about the future of the franchise, and his fans don't either

SAGirl
07-14-2017, 02:33 PM
Last year he decided July 3rd. It's July 14th and still nothing.

I have a feeling the more time goes on, the more he's actually leaning towards retiring.

I have thought the same lately. Reminiscent of Timmy in that the announcement took longer than one would have thought. Spurs giving him all the time he needs but the retirement possibility is on the table.

illusioNtEk
07-14-2017, 02:36 PM
It's not like we are beating gs anyways... we need a superstar big...
Hope he stays to guard frauden

duncan2k5
07-14-2017, 03:35 PM
Love Manu... But he needs to retire... It was a treat to get a good game from him, when it was supposed to be something expected nightly... Against the good teams, his turnovers were heartbreaking as they were telegraphed passes that got picked for dunks

SpurPadre
07-14-2017, 03:38 PM
It's almost as if Manu has been waiting for us to make a big move that he feels gives us a better shot at beating the Dubs...but just doesn't see it now. Had CP3 come aboard, I think he definitely would've come back, tbh.