PDA

View Full Version : Video Shows SAPD Beating Black Man

TheWriter
10-16-2005, 05:37 AM
Anyone hear about this?

I don't think they can use "racism" as a defense seeing how the officer hitting him is black. Although, I'm, sure they will. Maybe it was.

News story:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/crime/stories/MYSA101605.1B.police.suit.3973b8e.html

Video of the beating:
mms://mysa.wmod.llnwd.net/a249/o2/express-news/101605police.wmv

KENS 5 Interviewing Victim:
http://www2.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/video/NewsOnDemand/index.cfm?videos=33311

PM5K
10-16-2005, 06:05 AM
Black police officers can definitely be racist...

TheWriter
10-16-2005, 06:06 AM
Black police officers can definitely be racist...

True, but in court it would be much more difficult to prove.

PM5K
10-16-2005, 06:16 AM
True, but in court it would be much more difficult to prove.

It doesn't really matter anyway, you can't just beat someone regardless of their skin color.

Having said that, it's not any more difficult to proove that a black person is racist than it would be to prove that a white person is.

I think that the little things a person would be doing, moving, squirming, moving their hands to keep from being cuffed could be difficult to see in a video that is that low quality.....

SpursWoman
10-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Maybe he did something to warrant an ass-kicking.

TheWriter
10-16-2005, 08:11 AM

Another very possible reason.

SpursWoman
10-16-2005, 08:30 AM
That really didn't sound right, but damn ... you know? I guess I've watched too many episodes of Cops and Maximum Exposure. Sometimes they really do deserve an ass-whoopin'. :lol

bigzak25
10-16-2005, 09:34 AM
cops MUST be justified in the ass beatings they deliver.

imo, that is a last resort, and should only be used when it is impossible to get a 'belligerant/violent' suspect into custody.

these cops are trained very well in how to restrain and cuff a suspect.

most have mace.

but i don't give a shit what 'skin color' anyone is.

was the officer justified? that is a question for the authorities now.

put all the facts on the table and let the chips fall where they may.

all i want is Justice.

ShoogarBear
10-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Do any of you "experts" actually have any first hand experience with police brutality or harrassment?

Shaolin-Style
10-16-2005, 03:27 PM
I've known an officer or two and they have almost got in trouble for beating people because they acted on emotion. Sometimes you'll encounter criminals who are proud of beating/raping women ect and you lose control and beat the hell out of them. I've seen one officer get suspended for a month and come under review for an action like this.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-16-2005, 04:10 PM
That really didn't sound right, but damn ... you know? I guess I've watched too many episodes of Cops and Maximum Exposure. Sometimes they really do deserve an ass-whoopin'. :lol
I dont' get it, what could he possibly have done to warrant a beating like that while he was obviously already under custody?.

SequSpur
10-16-2005, 08:31 PM
SAPD and State Troopers have a badge to issue ass beatings.

If you don't listen to them, then you're going to get your ass beaten, white, black, mexican, whatever............

CharlieMac
10-16-2005, 08:33 PM
I'd like the full story from WOAI troubleshooters.

maxpower
10-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Any chance the officer's name was Clayton Bigsby?http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20050409/23/e/9/a/e9a815450dcde64410faaa34d7cb14a10_full.jpg

mookie2001
10-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Corso!

Mr Dio
10-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Any chance the officer's name was Clayton Bigsby?http://photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20050409/23/e/9/a/e9a815450dcde64410faaa34d7cb14a10_full.jpg
:lol

MannyIsGod
10-16-2005, 09:53 PM
I dont' get it, what could he possibly have done to warrant a beating like that while he was obviously already under custody?.
If the officer is trying to retrain a suspect, and the suspect is reaching for things, then the officer is entitled to use force. You don't know what he's going to pull out.

The moment an officer lays a hand on someone people want to scream out brutality. And well, in most cases what happens is very brutal, but that doesn't mean it wasn't justified. The bottom line is that when you're being arrested you shouldn't fight back. The officer has to assume the worst.

We're not talking about puting bullets into the back of a mans skull, but I think the police definetly have a right to use force.

That being said, I haven't watched this situation. Oh, and some of the situations on Cops are total bullshit. I'm so sick of cops who are on authority trips and trying to act as though they are saving the world. Do your job and do it fairly. I might feel different about it if 75% of the busts on that show weren't police finding a joint in someones car.

ObiwanGinobili
10-16-2005, 09:54 PM
Do any of you "experts" actually have any first hand experience with police brutality or harrassment?

i have been harrassed by the hartford PD and mby the Provincetown PD while out an about with my ex-boyfriend who was a large black man.
no beatings took place. but still... let me just say that both incidents were unprovoked and unwarrented. And they were humiliating.

angel_luv
10-16-2005, 10:22 PM
I don't have a problem with an officer restraining a suspect... but beating a person and calling them deragatory terms is uncalled for.

Vashner
10-16-2005, 11:19 PM
Looked like the suspect didn't want to lay flat so he could be cuffed. He seemed to be doing some kind of crunch. Only a properly instructed jury could really tell if this was too much force. But I doubt it. One would really need to look at the suspects injuries and criminal record. Among other things.

If the police say lay down you better comply. That means they are doing a felony takedown protocol. I.E. like drawing a gun and ordering you do get on your stomach, move your hands etc. They are in a felony aprehension mode at that point. Which it looks to be in the video as well. So it could be appropriate force if the suspect was
doing something to danger the safty of the officers or the public.

bigzak25
10-17-2005, 12:48 AM

man shoog, let me tell you a story,

it was me and wifey, well, she was just girlfriend at the time, and we were on our way to the club. so it's a great night, no alcohol in our systems yet, got the windows down and the tunes groovin.

then the lights show up in the rear view and i get pulled over.

told me to get out of the car.

had to drop trow.

cop pulled out the glove, went elbow deep looking for God knows what.

luckily, i was clean.

but i didn't much feel like dancing that night.

kinda put a damper on the whole 'have a good time' thing.

fuckin tailight...

--------------
credit to Rich Pryor. :tu :lol

ShoogarBear
10-17-2005, 02:49 AM
Well, I've been physically hassled three times by cops for no reason other than the fact that I was black, in Boston, in Torrence, CA, and in Converse. (I won't even bother to count the non-physical harassments.)

Most of you may be too young to remember Charles Stuart. In 1989, Charles Stuart and his pregnant wife were shot in Boston one evening as they were leaving lamaze class. He reported to the police that they were shot by a black man. His wife died immediately; the child a couple of weeks later.

The Boston police and media went nuts, and it was open season on black men for a couple of months. General brutality to include strip searches in the street were conducted routinely. I worked at the hospital next to where the Stuarts were shot, so I got more than my fair share of the hassle. The community attitude was pretty much the "guilty until proven innocent" expressed by a lot of you in this thread.

Well, about three months later the police finally got around to figuring out that Charles Stuart had done the shootings himself. They never caught him, because he commited suicide by jumping off a bridge. There were no apologies from the police.

I probably have more advanced degrees than anyone else here. But the first thing a lot of cops react to is my color. Yeah, maybe they aren't all bad, but the ones who let the bad ones get away with it are just as guilty.

ZStomp
10-17-2005, 02:54 AM
Well, I've been physically hassled three times by cops for no reason other than the fact that I was black, in Boston, in Torrence, CA, and in Converse. (I won't even bother to count the non-physical harassments.)

Most of you may be too young to remember Charles Stuart. In 1989, Charles Stuart and his pregnant wife were shot in Boston one evening as they were leaving lamaze class. He reported to the police that they were shot by a black man. His wife died immediately; the child a couple of weeks later.

The Boston police and media went nuts, and it was open season on black men for a couple of months. General brutality to include strip searches in the street were conducted routinely. I worked at the hospital next to where the Stuarts were shot, so I got more than my fair share of the hassle. The community attitude was pretty much the "guilty until proven innocent" expressed by a lot of you in this thread.

Well, about three months later the police finally got around to figuring out that Charles Stuart had done the shootings himself. They never caught him, because he commited suicide by jumping off a bridge. There were no apologies from the police.

I probably have more advanced degrees than anyone else here. But the first thing a lot of cops react to is my color. Yeah, maybe they aren't all bad, but the ones who let the bad ones get away with it are just as guilty.

So you're saying you're black? :drunk

PM5K
10-17-2005, 03:13 AM

Nobody here claimed to be an expert....

bigzak25
10-17-2005, 03:45 AM
i need to hear greg moore's opinion before i can formulate my own...:lol

TDMVPDPOY
10-17-2005, 04:15 AM
how was it?

Clandestino
10-17-2005, 07:32 AM
like someone else already siad in here.. it appeared he didn't want to lay flat. it took 3 officers to hold him in that position he was in. i bet he was on drugs and it will come out in court. i remember fucking loser rodney king who kept fighting and wouldn't stop trying to get up. btw, he deserved his ass beating.

ShoogarBear
10-17-2005, 10:37 AM
I'm sure for some of you guys we all deserve it.

bigzak25
10-17-2005, 11:23 AM
shoog, just come out, be a MAN, and call whoever you want to call a racist, a RACIST.

don't skip around the facts of what you want to say.

if your SURE? say it.

if your RIGHT, i got your back man. :tu

and i have yet to see the video cuz i deplore such bullshit, but from what the thread starter has written, it's black on black violence. the cop wasn't a racist, at worst he was just an asshole.

there are MILLIONS OF ASSHOLES OUT THERE, and they are not all racist.

i've stopped looking at the color of peoples skin. so should we ALL!

ACTIONS MAKE THE MAN/WOMAN!

Clandestino
10-17-2005, 11:26 AM
no, it was that the sob wouldn't lay flat like the cops told him. it took 3 cops to try to get him flat and he still wasn't going down.. they should've just tasered his ass!

bigzak25
10-17-2005, 11:40 AM
well, i said at worst, he was an asshole.

at best? he was an officer trying to subdue a suspect in the only way he felt was possible.

when there is video? there is always an investigation. I believe justice will be served. :tu

batman2883
10-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Reminds me of Bernie Mac on Dont be a menace when he was like i hate my skin cause its black, i hate my gums, cause they are black, i hate the night because its black h aha ha ha ha rubber baby baby bumpers

gospursgojas
10-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Reminds me of Bernie Mac on Dont be a menace when he was like i hate my skin cause its black, i hate my gums, cause they are black, i hate the night because its black h aha ha ha ha rubber baby baby bumpers

"But most of all I hate that damn WESLEY SNIPES!!!!"

duncan2k5
10-18-2005, 06:33 PM
lol@don't be a menace memories..."hurry up and buy!!!"

batman2883
10-18-2005, 06:40 PM
ha ha hah a ding dong....niggas