PDA

View Full Version : How true is Jabari Young Report that Kawhi is playing Point Forward next year?

apalisoc_9
07-13-2017, 10:49 PM
My assumption before this initial report was that Leonard was going to start handling the ball the same way he did in the playoffs but even that wasn't a Point Forward.

Also, Tony Parker was unreal good playing offball in the playoffs. Was really shocked and happy to see him thrive with Leonard as a ball handler but with his injury....

Murray dribbles way too high
Forbes and Mills aren't ball handlers and thrive playing offball
Brandon Paul is an offball player
Derrick White is an offballl shooting PG.
Lauvergne is exactly the kind of diveman that fits well with a point forward.

With all these signings...It's starting to look like they might really be playing him as a point forward next year.

SAGirl
07-13-2017, 11:20 PM
I suppose it's possible for sections of a game. I doubt the full 30-37 minutes he plays. Even Lebron gets relief with Kyrie, and Durbeta and others like Antetoukoumpo always have guards that help out.

dabom
07-13-2017, 11:25 PM
He's not though. Jabari said starting as PG(point forward).

spurraider21
07-13-2017, 11:25 PM
that's a lot to put on kawhi's plate... but he doesn't cease to surprise me

ginobilized
07-13-2017, 11:38 PM
There were a lot of times we saw that last season, especially in the playoffs as you mentioned.
I have no clue what will happen next season, but, would not be surprised to see Kawhi setting up the offense
more than last year. Who else can put any pressure on the defense?

TheDoctor
07-14-2017, 12:54 AM
SAEN's reporters are the worst and not reliable at all.

jimbo
07-14-2017, 01:05 AM
Well I talked shit about Kiwi after he signed his last deal and we saw how that worked out. So I doubt he'll be able to do it tbh. Too mechanical of a passer. Not a playmaker. The Alex Smith of point forwards tbh. Takes what the defense gives him, but nothing more. So if he goes up against a guy like Lebron who knows what Kiwi is gonna do before Kiwi does, he's gonna be a turnover machine.

TheGreatYacht
07-14-2017, 01:16 AM
All those open shots Danny Green and Patty Mills are going to miss :wow

Uriel
07-14-2017, 01:41 AM
Link?

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-14-2017, 01:59 AM
I have no doubts he will play point forward. His LeBron transformation will be complete.

mingus
07-14-2017, 02:26 AM
I can see him playing the point-forward role more than last year, but to call him a pg? Nah. Murray's going to see a lot of time there next season.

LittleCriminal
07-14-2017, 02:37 AM
Would be a great starting five if Leonard plays Pg!!
Leonard
Green
Gay
Aldridge
Gasol

LittleCriminal
07-14-2017, 02:40 AM
Well I talked shit about Kiwi after he signed his last deal and we saw how that worked out. So I doubt he'll be able to do it tbh. Too mechanical of a passer. Not a playmaker. The Alex Smith of point forwards tbh. Takes what the defense gives him, but nothing more. So if he goes up against a guy like Lebron who knows what Kiwi is gonna do before Kiwi does, he's gonna be a turnover machine.

I'm sorry but that last sentence!! Lol

cd021
07-14-2017, 02:47 AM
Leonard
Green
Gay
Aldridge
Gasol

I'll believe it when I see it tbh. I am also doubtful of the Murray/Mills-Green-Leonard-Gay-LMA lineup starting as well, Pop hasn't really been down for playing small ball since the 2013 Finals when Leonard started at PF for games 5, 6 & 7.

Then again the roster construction seems to make it seem increasingly likely that the spurs are going to play small a lot we currently only have 3 "traditional bigs (LMA, Pau, and Lauvergne) suggesting that Bertans and Gay are possibly going to be our PFs and LMA, Pau and Lauvergne may be our center rotation

I think it will be:

Starters-Murray-Green-Leonard-Gay-LMA
Bench- Mills-Manu (?)-Anderson-Bertans-Gasol

Leonard would still handle the ball more but not play PG

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-14-2017, 02:52 AM
Leonard
Green
Gay
Aldridge
Gasol

This is not what's implied. He won't be a PG, there'll be a PG on the floor, most likely Patty for spacing purposes.

With the ball more and more in his hands his 3 point shooting % will likely take a hit too, as he's a much better spot up shooter ( 43% ) than pull up ( 31% ).

LittleCriminal
07-14-2017, 02:57 AM
Understand all I said was just that that lineup would be great imo...
I doubt pop would do 99% of the things we armchair coaches would actually do.
My nba2k with this starting five is beast though!

duncan2k5
07-14-2017, 07:24 AM
this is an all around bad post...Kawhi cant play pg...danny green shouldnt be starting...dont parker is DONE...quict bringing him up...Kawhi shouldnt play pf...keep this up, he bolts as soon as his contract is up

Chinook
07-14-2017, 07:33 AM
this is an all around bad post...Kawhi cant play pg...danny green shouldnt be starting...dont parker is DONE...quict bringing him up...Kawhi shouldnt play pf...keep this up, he bolts as soon as his contract is up

I think with Kawhi and Bryn at 1A and 1B, it would work out. Green can be the All-NBA defender he's proven to be, Aldridge can get back to defense and rebounding, and Pau can box out and make hustle plays.

The Spurs have something good brewing. I can feel it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-14-2017, 07:40 AM
Like I said in the original thread where this was reported... Jabari is a dumbass.

Seventyniner
07-14-2017, 07:41 AM
I think with Kawhi and Bryn at 1A and 1B, it would work out. Green can be the All-NBA defender he's proven to be, Aldridge can get back to defense and rebounding, and Pau can box out and make hustle plays.

The Spurs have something good brewing. I can feel it.

I had to squint pretty hard but yeah, that was the blackest blue font ever.

duncan2k5
07-14-2017, 07:45 AM
I had to squint pretty hard but yeah, that was the blackest blue font ever.

lmao! im saying!

itzsoweezee
07-14-2017, 09:31 AM
I'll believe it when I see it tbh. I am also doubtful of the Murray/Mills-Green-Leonard-Gay-LMA lineup starting as well, Pop hasn't really been down for playing small ball since the 2013 Finals when Leonard started at PF for games 5, 6 & 7.

Then again the roster construction seems to make it seem increasingly likely that the spurs are going to play small a lot we currently only have 3 "traditional bigs (LMA, Pau, and Lauvergne) suggesting that Bertans and Gay are possibly going to be our PFs and LMA, Pau and Lauvergne may be our center rotation

I think it will be:

Starters-Murray-Green-Leonard-Gay-LMA
Bench- Mills-Manu (?)-Anderson-Bertans-Gasol

Leonard would still handle the ball more but not play PG

Pop player small ball liners way before 2013. Do you not even remember the Bonner eta?

Jdspur20
07-14-2017, 09:48 AM
Leonard
Green
Gay
Aldridge
Gasolt

YES

MultiTroll
07-14-2017, 10:18 AM
The important thing is the we get Aldridge the ball and then stand around.
4 Dumb :tu:pop:

cd021
07-14-2017, 01:12 PM
Pop player small ball liners way before 2013. Do you not even remember the Bonner eta?
That was the last time he consistently played small ball.

I really hope that he goes with that rotation, about time the Spurs modernize.

TheGreatYacht
07-14-2017, 04:56 PM
Kawhi will play PG, SG, SF, PF, and C just by judging this horrendous roster RC Drunkford put together

apalisoc_9
07-14-2017, 05:26 PM
The important thing is the we get Aldridge the ball and then stand around.
4 Dumb :tu:pop:

Kawhi will play PG, SG, SF, PF, and C just by judging this horrendous roster RC Drunkford put together

Manu in a wheelchair getting paid 10 per :lol

TD 21
07-14-2017, 05:31 PM
Speaking of Jabari Young, funny how he got criticized when he prematurely said Gay is signing with Spurs, but gets no credit when it actually happens.

apalisoc_9
07-14-2017, 05:48 PM
Speaking of Jabari Young, funny how he got criticized when he prematurely said Gay is signing with Spurs, but gets no credit when it actually happens.

Reminds me of myself with Joffrey Lauvergen and Lamarcus Aldridge tbh.

But yeah...I think its because he's made some erros in reporting....

But as if Woj as never made a mistake.

Snaq O'Meal
07-14-2017, 05:48 PM
:pop: "Get over yourself, Kawhi. Be the PG and run my plays. Make my system great again!"

rastaspur
07-14-2017, 06:13 PM
:lol

Apo is going to need rotator cuff surgery if he keeps trying to pat himself on the back every 5 minutes about posting a joffrey topic mentioning him as an option.

If memory serves all he did was create a post the day joffrey was renounced saying should the spurs look at this guy, not that the spurs are going to sign him.

At that point in time it was a new vet minimum stone to turn over when it's clear as day the spurs are going to need at least two vet minimum contracts to fill out the roster and the spurs have only one disgruntled big man under contract and few to any options of bigs who might fit and take the minimum.

Kind of a no brainer they might look at him. But you would think apo discovered the cure for cancer as much as he keeps bringing it up.

:lol

I'm really not trying to be a dick about it. I think it's funny. He has become the lavar ball of spurstalk over the last few weeks. Just waiting for him to drop a shoe line or something.

Wonder how much the apo force ones are going to cost?

therealtruth
07-14-2017, 08:12 PM
Ben Simmons will play PG next year.

Raven
07-15-2017, 12:54 PM
people today overuse the term, just because someone handles the ball on offense, doesn't mean he's the pg

cutewizard
07-16-2017, 09:07 AM
people today overuse the term, just because someone handles the ball on offense, doesn't mean he's the pg

:bobo

DMC
07-17-2017, 08:11 AM
that's a lot to put on kawhi's plate... but he doesn't cease to surprise me

+1

But it will wear him down too early in the game to have him bringing the ball up on every trip. I think he's more apt to get a good look if he can play off the ball.