PDA

View Full Version : Bungled collusion is still collusion

baseline bum
07-14-2017, 01:20 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bungled-collusion-is-still-collusion/2017/07/13/68c7f72a-67f3-11e7-8eb5-cbccc2e7bfbf_story.html
Bungled collusion is still collusion
By Charles Krauthammer Opinion writer July 13 at 7:51 PM

The Russia scandal has entered a new phase, and there’s no going back.

For six months, the White House claimed that this scandal was nothing more than innuendo about Trump campaign collusion with Russia in meddling in the 2016 election. Innuendo for which no concrete evidence had been produced.

Yes, there were several meetings with Russian officials, some only belatedly disclosed. But that is circumstantial evidence at best. Meetings tell you nothing unless you know what happened in them. We didn’t. Some of these were casual encounters in large groups, like the famous July 2016 Kislyak-Sessions exchange of pleasantries at the Republican National Convention. Big deal.

I was puzzled. Lots of coverup, but where was the crime? Not even a third-rate burglary. For six months, smoke without fire. Yes, President Trump himself was acting very defensively, as if he were hiding something. But no one ever produced the something.

My view was: Collusion? I just don’t see it. But I’m open to empirical evidence. Show me.

The evidence is now shown. This is not hearsay, not fake news, not unsourced leaks. This is an email chain released by Donald Trump Jr. himself. A British go-between writes that there’s a Russian government effort to help Trump Sr. win the election, and as part of that effort he proposes a meeting with a “Russian government attorney” possessing damaging information on Hillary Clinton. Moreover, the Kremlin is willing to share troves of incriminating documents from the Crown Prosecutor. (Error: Britain has a Crown Prosecutor. Russia has a Prosecutor General.)

Donald Jr. emails back. “I love it.” Fatal words.

Once you’ve said “I’m in,” it makes no difference that the meeting was a bust, that the intermediary brought no such goods. What matters is what Donald Jr. thought going into the meeting, as well as Jared Kushner and then-campaign manager Paul Manafort, who were forwarded the correspondence, invited to the meeting, and attended.

“It was literally just a wasted 20 minutes, which was a shame,” Donald Jr. told Sean Hannity. A shame? On the contrary, a stroke of luck. Had the lawyer real stuff to deliver, Donald Jr. and the others would be in far deeper legal trouble. It turned out to be incompetent collusion, amateur collusion, comically failed collusion. That does not erase the fact that three top Trump campaign officials were ready to play.

It may turn out that they did later collaborate more fruitfully. We don’t know. But even if nothing else is found, the evidence is damning.

It’s rather pathetic to hear Trump apologists protesting that it’s no big deal because we Americans are always intervening in other people’s elections, and they in ours. You don’t have to go back to the ’40s and ’50s when the CIA intervened in France and Italy to keep the communists from coming to power. What about the Obama administration’s blatant interference to try to defeat Benjamin Netanyahu in the latest Israeli election? One might even add the work of groups supported by the U.S. during Russian parliamentary elections — the very origin of Vladimir Putin’s deep animus toward Clinton, then secretary of state, whom he accuses of having orchestrated the opposition.

This defense is pathetic for two reasons. First, have the Trumpites not been telling us for six months that no collusion ever happened? And now they say: Sure it happened. So what? Everyone does it.

What’s left of your credibility when you make such a casual about-face?

Second, no, not everyone does it. It’s one thing to be open to opposition research dug up in Indiana. But not dirt from Russia, a hostile foreign power that has repeatedly invaded its neighbors (Georgia, Crimea, eastern Ukraine), that buzzes our planes and ships in international waters, that opposes our every move and objective around the globe. Just last week the Kremlin killed additional U.N. sanctions we were looking to impose on North Korea for its ICBM test.

There is no statute against helping a foreign hostile power meddle in an American election. What Donald Jr. — and Kushner and Manafort — did may not be criminal. But it is not merely stupid. It is also deeply wrong, a fundamental violation of any code of civic honor.

I leave it to the lawyers to adjudicate the legalities of unconsummated collusion. But you don’t need a lawyer to see that the Trump defense — collusion as a desperate Democratic fiction designed to explain away a lost election — is now officially dead.

Chucho
07-14-2017, 01:48 PM
:lol:lmao:rollin

Pavlov
07-14-2017, 01:48 PM
:lol:lmao:rollinNow that look like triggered.

Adam Lambert
07-14-2017, 01:52 PM
when the surly blue bird from the muppets has turned on you, you know youre fucked.

Chucho
07-14-2017, 02:18 PM
Now that look like triggered.
:lol:lmao:rollinTriggered Pavs.

Pavlov
07-14-2017, 02:20 PM
:lol:lmao:rollinTriggered Pavs.Only response to OP is laughy laugh and subject change.

Chucho
07-14-2017, 02:22 PM
Only response to OP is laughy laugh and subject change.
:lol:lmao:rollinTriggered by smilies. Pav b losing his grip.

Pavlov
07-14-2017, 02:23 PM
:lol:lmao:rollinTriggered by smilies. Pav b losing his grip.Chucho triggered by word triggered.

Already lost it.

Chucho
07-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Chucho triggered by word triggered.

Already lost it.

*ding*

Chucho
07-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Pavlov losing grip on schtick like Fascist Left lose elections.

Pavlov
07-14-2017, 02:32 PM
*ding*OK, talk about article then.

Pretty airtight. All apologist can do is move goalposts now.

TSA
07-14-2017, 02:45 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bungled-collusion-is-still-collusion/2017/07/13/68c7f72a-67f3-11e7-8eb5-cbccc2e7bfbf_story.html
Bungled collusion is still collusion
By Charles Krauthammer Opinion writer July 13 at 7:51 PM

The Russia scandal has entered a new phase, and there’s no going back.

For six months, the White House claimed that this scandal was nothing more than innuendo about Trump campaign collusion with Russia in meddling in the 2016 election. Innuendo for which no concrete evidence had been produced.

Yes, there were several meetings with Russian officials, some only belatedly disclosed. But that is circumstantial evidence at best. Meetings tell you nothing unless you know what happened in them. We didn’t. Some of these were casual encounters in large groups, like the famous July 2016 Kislyak-Sessions exchange of pleasantries at the Republican National Convention. Big deal.

I was puzzled. Lots of coverup, but where was the crime? Not even a third-rate burglary. For six months, smoke without fire. Yes, President Trump himself was acting very defensively, as if he were hiding something. But no one ever produced the something.

My view was: Collusion? I just don’t see it. But I’m open to empirical evidence. Show me.

The evidence is now shown. This is not hearsay, not fake news, not unsourced leaks. This is an email chain released by Donald Trump Jr. himself. A British go-between writes that there’s a Russian government effort to help Trump Sr. win the election, and as part of that effort he proposes a meeting with a “Russian government attorney” possessing damaging information on Hillary Clinton. Moreover, the Kremlin is willing to share troves of incriminating documents from the Crown Prosecutor. (Error: Britain has a Crown Prosecutor. Russia has a Prosecutor General.)

Donald Jr. emails back. “I love it.” Fatal words.

Once you’ve said “I’m in,” it makes no difference that the meeting was a bust, that the intermediary brought no such goods. What matters is what Donald Jr. thought going into the meeting, as well as Jared Kushner and then-campaign manager Paul Manafort, who were forwarded the correspondence, invited to the meeting, and attended.

“It was literally just a wasted 20 minutes, which was a shame,” Donald Jr. told Sean Hannity. A shame? On the contrary, a stroke of luck. Had the lawyer real stuff to deliver, Donald Jr. and the others would be in far deeper legal trouble. It turned out to be incompetent collusion, amateur collusion, comically failed collusion. That does not erase the fact that three top Trump campaign officials were ready to play.

It may turn out that they did later collaborate more fruitfully. We don’t know. But even if nothing else is found, the evidence is damning.

It’s rather pathetic to hear Trump apologists protesting that it’s no big deal because we Americans are always intervening in other people’s elections, and they in ours. You don’t have to go back to the ’40s and ’50s when the CIA intervened in France and Italy to keep the communists from coming to power. What about the Obama administration’s blatant interference to try to defeat Benjamin Netanyahu in the latest Israeli election? One might even add the work of groups supported by the U.S. during Russian parliamentary elections — the very origin of Vladimir Putin’s deep animus toward Clinton, then secretary of state, whom he accuses of having orchestrated the opposition.

This defense is pathetic for two reasons. First, have the Trumpites not been telling us for six months that no collusion ever happened? And now they say: Sure it happened. So what? Everyone does it.

What’s left of your credibility when you make such a casual about-face?

Second, no, not everyone does it. It’s one thing to be open to opposition research dug up in Indiana. But not dirt from Russia, a hostile foreign power that has repeatedly invaded its neighbors (Georgia, Crimea, eastern Ukraine), that buzzes our planes and ships in international waters, that opposes our every move and objective around the globe. Just last week the Kremlin killed additional U.N. sanctions we were looking to impose on North Korea for its ICBM test.

There is no statute against helping a foreign hostile power meddle in an American election. What Donald Jr. — and Kushner and Manafort — did may not be criminal. But it is not merely stupid. It is also deeply wrong, a fundamental violation of any code of civic honor.

I leave it to the lawyers to adjudicate the legalities of unconsummated collusion. But you don’t need a lawyer to see that the Trump defense — collusion as a desperate Democratic fiction designed to explain away a lost election — is now officially dead.

Second, no, not everyone does it.Dems not only did it but also initiated it with Ukraine.

Fusion GPS was paid by Dems to compile the Steele dossier. Two Russians at the meeting with Trump Jr worked with Fusion GPS. Meeting was a trap setup by Fusion GPS which implicates the Dems.

How do you spin that?

Chucho
07-14-2017, 02:49 PM
OK, talk about article then.

Pretty airtight. All apologist can do is move goalposts now.

You only pretend be serious when triggered. Why so?

Pavlov
07-14-2017, 02:50 PM
Dems not only did it but also initiated it with Ukraine.

Fusion GPS was paid by Dems to compile the Steele dossier. Two Russians at the meeting with Trump Jr worked with Fusion GPS. Meeting was a trap setup by Fusion GPS which implicates the Dems.

How do you spin that?
Until TSA get new marching orders, response to Trump/Russia issue be some combination of following:

http://www.caite.com.br/jan/prod/energet/imagensEnergetico/Fusion250.jpg

https://explore.garmin.com/drive/content/images/Automotive-GPS-Navigation-Car-GPS-product-alerts-speedcamera-Garmin.png

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/c_limit,w_680/fl_lossy,pg_1,q_auto/cqev4wf0bevkdcyr2flr.jpg

http://hilldabeast.com/hillpics/babyeater.jpg

http://www.area51.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/john_podesta_large.jpg

http://www.p2012.org/photos10/dnclogoold200.jpg

He not able to explain any of it but still fun to ask him.

Then he make it personal.

Pavlov
07-14-2017, 02:51 PM
You only pretend be serious when triggered. Why so?False premise, but you still want talk about me and not article?

baseline bum
07-14-2017, 02:56 PM
Dems not only did it but also initiated it with Ukraine.

How do you spin that?

Great work by the DNC setting Uday, Cuckner, and Manafort up like that and then never going public with the smoking gun.

baseline bum
07-14-2017, 02:57 PM
:cry Krauthammer another cuck democrat blaming Russia for their loss in an election they should have won :cry

TSA
07-14-2017, 03:00 PM
Great work by the DNC setting Uday, Cuckner, and Manafort up like that and then never going public with the smoking gun.

baseline bum
07-14-2017, 03:01 PM

Reck
07-14-2017, 03:03 PM
The righties tighties turning on one of their own because he wrote an article calling the dear leader out. :lol

Adam Lambert
07-14-2017, 03:07 PM

yeah pretty fucking stupid for them to wait until 8 months after the election to say gotcha

Pavlov
07-14-2017, 03:08 PM
Great work by the DNC setting Uday, Cuckner, and Manafort up like that and then never going public with the smoking gun.NO NO NO NO.

NYET.

It make perfect sense. TSA say so.

TSA have perfect explanation. Ask him.

ducks
07-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Charles Krauthammer has not liked trump for day one
Wallace is the best person on fox by far

Adam Lambert
07-14-2017, 03:27 PM

you say that like it's a bad thing

DarrinS
07-14-2017, 03:31 PM

How would they go about doing that without a smoking gun of their own?

DarrinS
07-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Wallace is the best person on fox by far

Krauthammer is awesome. I don't care that he doesn't like Trump.

Pavlov
07-14-2017, 03:35 PM
How would they go about doing that without a smoking gun of their own?TSA say DNC run whole operation.

All of it.

spurraider21
07-14-2017, 03:39 PM
he's human nyquil tbh

SnakeBoy
07-14-2017, 03:43 PM

I like the way he can sound really smart even when he is making a dumb point

Adam Lambert
07-14-2017, 04:08 PM
How would they go about doing that without a smoking gun of their own?

this is the smoking gun you stupid stupid idiot. if this meeting had come out pre election, trump would have lost. period

Chucho
07-14-2017, 04:18 PM
this is the smoking gun you stupid stupid idiot. if this meeting had come out pre election, trump would have lost. period

Trump President, not Hillary, Kool. Deal with it.

Your Furherette had 3 chances to win this thing and didn't. The Failed Reich ended on ineptitude.

Adam Lambert
07-14-2017, 04:29 PM
Trump President, not Hillary, Kool. Deal with it.

Your Furherette had 3 chances to win this thing and didn't. The Failed Reich ended on ineptitude.

this is the kind of nonseq retardheadedness that outed you as dmc, because you have the same problem keeping up with the flow of discussion regardless of who youre logged in as.

TSA
07-14-2017, 04:41 PM

DNC couldn't come out with the meeting pre-election because they were still hiding their own meetings with Ukraine.

Pavlov
07-14-2017, 04:43 PM
DNC couldn't come out with the meeting pre-election because they were still hiding their own meetings with Ukraine.How would exposing Junior, Kushner and Manifort expose Chalupa?

Chris
07-14-2017, 04:43 PM
DNC couldn't come out with the meeting pre-election because they were still hiding their own meetings with Ukraine.

According to Jake Tapper thats OK though :tu

Adam Lambert
07-14-2017, 04:49 PM
:lmao right because "secret meeting with the ukraine" is so much more explosive than russia.

hater
07-14-2017, 05:05 PM
Damn baseline

Quoting the Bullshington Compost??

You better than that nig

boutons_deux
07-14-2017, 08:29 PM
Dem Rep. Ted Lieu: If Trump Jr.’s Russia meeting had been a drug deal he’d be guilty of conspiracy

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/dem-rep-ted-lieu-if-trump-jr-s-russia-meeting-had-been-a-drug-deal-hed-be-guilty-of-conspiracy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

unleashbaynes
07-14-2017, 10:22 PM
If you used the words "triggered", "snowflake", or "cucked" in a serious, non-sarcastic manner, you lose all right to be taken seriously. Learn to think for your fucking self.

sickdsm
07-14-2017, 11:16 PM
Thought thread was about DNC nomination based on the title tbh.

Is manipulated elections better or worse when we do it ourselves?

Pavlov
07-14-2017, 11:18 PM
DNC*ding*

tlongII
07-15-2017, 08:19 PM
Illusion and delusion, not collusion.

Reck
07-15-2017, 08:21 PM

Taking talking points from fucking Kellyanne Lunatic Conway. :lol

Thread
07-15-2017, 10:11 PM
Taking talking points from fucking Kellyanne Lunatic Conway. :lol

What about THE point (that's making the rounds) that Junior was a private citizen at the time, Recky? Like me & you sitting down together and you telling me bad things about ambchang, for instance.

Pavlov
07-15-2017, 10:16 PM
What about THE point (that's making the rounds) that Junior was a private citizen at the time, Recky? Like me & you sitting down together and you telling me bad things about ambchang, for instance.Can't have Manafort and Kushy there and claim it not for campaign. Besides, you just saw Junior's lawyer being paid with campaign funds.

Thread
07-15-2017, 10:19 PM
Can't have Manafort and Kushy there and claim it not for campaign. Besides, you just saw Junior's lawyer being paid with campaign funds.

But, Junior was just a regular citizen gossiping. How's that illegal?

Pavlov
07-16-2017, 01:06 AM
But, Junior was just a regular citizen gossiping. How's that illegal?You get issues mixed up. Junior's work for campaign not in question.

tlongII
07-16-2017, 12:08 PM

Pavlov
07-16-2017, 12:10 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/NDzHUS6vyGUvK/giphy.gif

Adam Lambert
07-16-2017, 12:11 PM
tlong has joined the other inmates just repeating the same thing over and over to keep the voices in his head from telling him hes an idiot.

tlongII
07-16-2017, 12:23 PM

Pavlov
07-16-2017, 12:25 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/NDzHUS6vyGUvK/giphy.gif

Adam Lambert
07-16-2017, 12:26 PM
http://sj.blacksteel.com/media/images/catevari16.jpg

tlongII
07-16-2017, 12:28 PM
:cry

CosmicCowboy
07-17-2017, 01:22 PM
I see the same pinhead are still doing the liberal circle jerk in here. Junior was dumb as shit to take that meeting himself. That being said, no laws were broken. if you faggots want to say a law was broken then State chapter and verse or shut the fuck up.

Thread
07-17-2017, 01:24 PM
I see the same pinhead are still doing the liberal circle jerk in here. Junior was dumb as shit to take that meeting himself. That being said, no laws were broken. if you faggots want to say a law was broken then State chapter and verse or shut the fuck up.

CC

Adam Lambert
07-17-2017, 01:28 PM

i see cc has joined the chorus of conservative goalpost movers

(sees email from putin to the president saying hes about to hack the obamas home network and release everything he can find, with trump replying "awesome")
"but what law was broken??"

Thread
07-17-2017, 01:30 PM

(sees email from putin to the president saying hes about to hack the obamas home network and release everything he can find, with trump replying "awesome")

Trump's tongue was firmly in cheek. He was joshin', Adam. It was a rib.

CosmicCowboy
07-17-2017, 01:31 PM

you should quit colluding with recks dick long enough to name the exact law Jr broke.

Pavlov
07-17-2017, 01:34 PM
Why Trump supporters hate USA?

CosmicCowboy
07-17-2017, 01:46 PM
jr acted like a total poli2tical neophyte which he is. had the campaigns been reversed Hillary would have sent a low level nobody to get the information. if there had been anything there she would have had it leaked to the new York Times, deleted the emails and,wiped the server with a rag.

CosmicCowboy
07-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Damn the keyboard and autocorrect on this new Samsung is touchy as hell lol

Pavlov
07-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Hillary*ding*

Manafort there. Not neophyte.

Thread
07-17-2017, 01:59 PM
jr acted like a total poli2tical neophyte which he is. had the campaigns been reversed Hillary would have sent a low level nobody to get the information. if there had been anything there she would have had it leaked to the new York Times, deleted the emails and,wiped the server with a rag.

CC putting it down for the record.

baseline bum
07-17-2017, 02:01 PM

The Paul Ryan defense? Seriously? :lol

baseline bum
07-17-2017, 02:09 PM
CC putting it down for the record.

Uday put daddy's collusion with Russia down for the record

CosmicCowboy
07-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Meh

Stupid but not illegal. If stupid was illegal several of the faggots in here would be doing time. Boo would be pulling the train.adam Lambert would be on all 4s in the shower " looking for the soap"

Thread
07-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Uday put daddy's collusion with Russia down for the record

I still laugh at that every time I think of it.

One of your finest hours, bum.

Adam Lambert
07-17-2017, 03:34 PM
you should quit colluding with recks dick long enough to name the exact law Jr broke.

keep proving my point. a couple of weeks ago you were denying this kind of meeting even happened, now your excuse is that it wasnt technically illegal.

still kushner lied about the meeting when he got security clearance. that was illegal. ill await the chorus of concerns about national security and giving someone who lied about russian contacts top security clearance.

Reck
07-17-2017, 03:49 PM
I have cosmicgaylove thinking about me unprompted. lol

Thread
07-17-2017, 04:30 PM
I have cosmicgaylove thinking about me unprompted. lol

I think about you too, sweetheart. Moo-moo, buckaroo.

CosmicCowboy
07-17-2017, 04:32 PM
keep proving my point. a couple of weeks ago you were denying this kind of meeting even happened, now your excuse is that it wasnt technically illegal.

still kushner lied about the meeting when he got security clearance. that was illegal. ill await the chorus of concerns about national security and giving someone who lied about russian contacts top security clearance.
This is my first time in here in months, faggot.i wasn't doing anything two weeks ago except working or bumming at the lake house.

Thread
07-17-2017, 04:33 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/icons/blackaward.gif

Blake
07-17-2017, 04:36 PM
This is my first time in here in months, faggot.i wasn't doing anything two weeks ago except working or bumming at the lake house.

I've been wanting to get to my beach house for a while now, but the maid says the 2nd story pool keeps leaking.

Anyone know a reputable gold pipe plumber?

Adam Lambert
07-17-2017, 04:44 PM

ill take your word for it, padre, point is you were laughing off the russia stories and they turned out to be legit

DMC
07-18-2017, 12:11 AM
I've been wanting to get to my beach house for a while now, but the maid says the 2nd story pool keeps leaking.

Anyone know a reputable gold pipe plumber?

Talk to your ex wife. I heard she met one.

ElNono
07-18-2017, 02:15 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/pumped_kid.gif

Blake
07-18-2017, 09:22 AM

I said reputable

DMC
07-18-2017, 09:51 AM
I said reputable

touché