PDA

View Full Version : Players getting tired of the "Spurs Way"...

raybies
07-15-2017, 09:12 AM
Aldridge enjoying the most success in his career yet disgruntled about his stats...

Simmons being given a chance and cites politics and minutes as to reasons he left...

Horry saying established players have to dumb down game...

Dedmon leaving after one year, after getting in the doghouse...

Murray getting benched in the Summer League...

Are we finding the right guys? People coming in with the wrong mindsets?

When you have players like Forbes and White grateful to be here it reminds you of what it's like to find the gems that not only can play but have the right mindsets. I mean White cried talking to Pop. Brandon Paul seems thankful for his shot.

Some players using PATFO more then they are trying to use them. Spurs rep used against them, leading to players saying the right things to fit in but not having the right attitude where it counts.

Sensing the end. I can see why they kept Patty. He personifies the Spurs way and is an example with Tony and Manu gone soon, you need someone like Patty to yoke the youth or risk losing the culture. Hopefully PATFO can surround KL2 with right players...

coachmac87
07-15-2017, 09:19 AM
Seriously what player is worth a shit to change the "Spurs Way"?

ST is really losing their shit over role players who've played inconsistent minutes for legitimate reasons...

raybies
07-15-2017, 09:31 AM

ST is really losing their shit over role players who've played inconsistent minutes for legitimate reasons...
Not even gonna get defensive. But there is definitely a trend going on.

mookie2001
07-15-2017, 09:37 AM
I'll give you Simmons but Horry and Dedmon? lol please dedmon is worthless

BSfromTX
07-15-2017, 09:42 AM

Amen. Spurs have a knack for finding those players. Simmons players are a dime a doz

coachmac87
07-15-2017, 09:43 AM
Not even gonna get defensive. But there is definitely a trend going on.

There's no trend...it's players who've had NO relevant NBA career before coming to the Spurs who want to advance their careers and get money. That's totally ok but Spurs aren't gonna be the ones to put personal goals over the team. It's all about doing what's best whether it's taking less $$ playing a certain role etc...a lot of players have accepted and some haven't but the end product of Spurs success holds water.

Mr. Body
07-15-2017, 09:46 AM
There have always been players who didn't sign on, the Ira Newbles of the world. It's hard to be a professional basketball player and play with discipline. (And expect lower paychecks.)

The problem is that with Duncan gone and Parker and Ginobili basically gone, the team is having to find what good talent it can to cram into those spots.

It may not work at all. The team may have to become just like any other, with personalities running the team instead of vice versa. That's what happens when a player like Tim Duncan disappears.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Simmons wanted 50 million. Got 20. That's not the Spurs. His agent sucks donkey balls.

raybies
07-15-2017, 09:54 AM
There's no trend...it's players who've had NO relevant NBA career before coming to the Spurs who want to advance their careers and get money. That's totally ok but Spurs aren't gonna be the ones to put personal goals over the team. It's all about doing what's best whether it's taking less $$ playing a certain role etc...a lot of players have accepted and some haven't but the end product of Spurs success holds water.

Yeah, I just wonder if we are taking the chances on the wrong type of players. For example Aldridge could be Millsap(think he was a FA same year as Aldridge), Murray could be Brogdon, and Simmons not too worried about him. He's good but he's not irreplaceable.

Murray still has time so I'll be patient....

noles1983
07-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Players like Patty love the Spurs way because they overpay for loyalty.

Mr. Body
07-15-2017, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I just wonder if we are taking the chances on the wrong type of players. For example Aldridge could be Millsap(think he was a FA same year as Aldridge), Murray could be Brogdon, and Simmons not too worried about him. He's good but he's not irreplaceable.

Murray still has time so I'll be patient....

Millsap isn't close to the player Aldridge can be. Going for Millsap wouldn't have moved the needle in terms of wins at all, and now he's way overpaid. Ya'll need to get off Brogdan's nut. He's one player of his type that worked out of hundreds. It was a fluke.

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2017, 10:03 AM

raybies
07-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Millsap isn't close to the player Aldridge can be. Going for Millsap wouldn't have moved the needle in terms of wins at all, and now he's way overpaid. Ya'll need to get off Brogdan's nut. He's one player of his type that worked out of hundreds. It was a fluke.
See your looking at solely talent, I'm looking at high character guys that are Spursy and can play too. Can't discount chemistry. 2014 is a prime example. We overachieved on a grand scale. Players trusted each other. Starts at the dinner table.

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2017, 10:06 AM
Spurs are going to get knocked out in the first and second rounds but at least they have each other and det culture. How can Kawhi go and team up with Russ and PG in Los Angeles when we have Patty Mills, two fatheads, a creek, and det culture :)

daslicer
07-15-2017, 10:08 AM
Spurs are going to get knocked out in the first and second rounds but at least they have each other and det culture. How can Kawhi go and team up with Russ and PG in Los Angeles when we have Patty Mills, two fatheads, a creek, and det culture :)

And if that happens you can do us all a favor and become a Laker fan. I think that would be a net gain for this forum.

Mr. Body
07-15-2017, 10:09 AM
See your looking at solely talent, I'm looking at high character guys that are Spursy and can play too. Can't discount chemistry. 2014 is a prime example. We overachieved on a grand scale. Players trusted each other. Starts at the dinner table.

Aldridge just didn't turn out. Going for him over Millsap was the right play. We would have lost more games with Millsap and already lost him because he's not worth the contract he just got.

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2017, 10:11 AM
And if that happens you can do us all a favor and become a Laker fan. I think that would be a net gain for this forum.
Not passing up on a chance to shit on all of you vanilla PATFO fluffers. Never. I'll be here when Drunkford and Poop get exposed as frauds without Duncan, Kawhi, and Parker.

wildbill2u
07-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Suppose a Spurs player didn't buy into the "Spurs Way", refused to get over himself, and played on the floor as an egotistic black hole, looking for personal scoring stats over team wins. And demanded a contract that guaranteed him minutes regardless of his productivity. I'm not even mentioning the fact that some players like to criticize their coaches and front offices publicly. They are often malcontents, cancers in the locker rooms, and have little to show in the way of team championships despite all their physical abilities. You can probably think of several NBA players who fit that description.

Clearly that player would not be in the model of Spurs that have brought twenty 50 win seasons and 5 NBA championships. Would you want that player on the Spurs?

Atl Spur
07-15-2017, 10:12 AM
Aldridge enjoying the most success in his career yet disgruntled about his stats...

Simmons being given a chance and cites politics and minutes as to reasons he left...

When you have players like Forbes and White grateful to be here it reminds you of what it's like to find the gems that not only can play but have the right mindsets. I mean White cried talking to Pop. Brandon Paul seems thankful for his shot.

Some players using PATFO more then they are trying to use them. Spurs rep used against them, leading to players saying the right things to fit in but not having the right attitude where it counts.

Sensing the end. I can see why they kept Patty. He personifies the Spurs way and is an example with Tony and Manu gone soon, you need someone like Patty to yoke the youth or risk losing the culture. Hopefully PATFO can surround KL2 with right players...

I'll ride PATFO! Everyone needs structure and standards.

8FOR!3
07-15-2017, 10:28 AM
Rudy Gay seemed to take it ok

coachmac87
07-15-2017, 10:32 AM

2014 wasn't an overachieving year...they were up 2-0 in the WCF in 12' blew a championship in 13 and dominated the 14' Finals in epic fashion..all while keeping the same core but changing smaller pieces..

Spurs competed the best against GSW better then anyone else..If they feel like they're close then so be it..I don't agree with every move they make but I trust in them..because they know a lot more then ST about what's going on within their own organization and across the league..

Spurs will never be the most talented team in the League..but they're always in the running. Every team that's made big changes are trying to get where GSW/SA have been or done..But will it be enough? We shall see..

nyspurguy
07-15-2017, 10:33 AM
I think Pop holds players back. I thought Murray should have played more. Simmons should have been starting with starters minutes. Bertans needs more playing time. Will Pop give Davis Bertans at least 20+ minutes a game? Probably not. He can play the 4 and 5. We're thin at those spots so he should see lots of playing time, but he'll probably have a bunch more DNP-CD's.

nyspurguy
07-15-2017, 10:37 AM
If I'm a bonifide Superstar why come to S.A.? To play 28 minutes a game? For an egotistical yelling coach?

daslicer
07-15-2017, 10:39 AM
Dedmon not re-signing with the spurs had to do with money which I can understand. Simmons not re-signing with the Spurs had to do with not getting super overpaid which he has admitting to when he stated that he wanted 50 mil. Horry has a personal vendetta against the Spurs that goes back to '08 and it has to do with the Spurs refusing to re-sign after he was washed up. Horry strongly believes the Spurs are the reason that no other team wanted to sign him back in '08 but he refuses to admit the truth which is that he was washed up. Murray getting benched is more to do with his ego. Judging by the summer league games he is still playing out of control and can't finish along with still having a bad jump shot. These are the things the spurs expected Murray to work on and it's apparent that he hasn't worked on them. Spurs are sending a message to him which is that he's not going to get a starting job handed to him simply by default.

picnroll
07-15-2017, 10:42 AM
Murray should have stopped hanging out with the NBA glitterati and hung out with his teammates instead. Seriously beginning to doubt he's Spurs material apart from his piss poor shooting and sloppy play. Bertrand should learn to play defense and rebound. Guy has the worst close outs in the league. Simmons didn't get to play how much he wanted and thought it kept him from a big contract. Boohoo. Maybe he should have worked on being more consistent. Maybe when he was playing during scrub time he should have shown he could facilitate and play team ball instead of dominating the ball and jacking up shots.

raybies
07-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Dedmon not re-signing with the spurs had to do with money which I can understand. Simmons not re-signing with the Spurs had to do with not getting super overpaid which he has admitting to when he stated that he wanted 50 mil. Horry has a personal vendetta against the Spurs that goes back to '08 and it has to do with the Spurs refusing to re-sign after he was washed up. Horry strongly believes the Spurs are the reason that no other team wanted to sign him back in '08 but he refuses to admit the truth which is that he was washed up. Murray getting benched is more to do with his ego. Judging by the summer league games he is still playing out of control and can't finish along with still having a bad jump shot. These are the things the spurs expected Murray to work on and it's apparent that he hasn't worked on them. Spurs are sending a message to him which is that he's not going to get a starting job handed to him simply by default.
Re: Murray, still hoping he goes to the staff and tells them he wants to play and that he knows what he has to do. And then goes on to lead the team to a SL title. But that's me ��. Really think LeBron was talking to him about his play and what he needs to do to make it in this league.

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2017, 10:51 AM
Don't know why people expect Simmons to put up superstar numbers when he didn't have a chance all season. He was stuck watching Manure and Fatty put up stepback 3's all year. It wasn't till the ball was finally in his hands that he was able to showcase himself. He was the second best wing defender only behind Kawhi this season. It will show when Green gets torched in the postseason like he always does.

spurs10
07-15-2017, 10:54 AM
I think Pop holds players back. I thought Murray should have played more. Simmons should have been starting with starters minutes. Bertans needs more playing time. Will Pop give Davis Bertans at least 20+ minutes a game? Probably not. He can play the 4 and 5. We're thin at those spots so he should see lots of playing time, but he'll probably have a bunch more DNP-CD's. The Spurs were the most winning team in all of team sports for 20 years. Simmons got the break of his lifetime when Pop gave him a chance to play in the NBA.

unleashbaynes
07-15-2017, 10:56 AM
Don't know why people expect Simmons to put up superstar numbers when he didn't have a chance all season. He was stuck watching Manure and Fatty put up stepback 3's all year. It wasn't till the ball was finally in his hands that he was able to showcase himself. He was the second best wing defender only behind Kawhi this season. It will show when Green gets torched in the postseason like he always does.

:lmao this faggot white knighting for J Simms. Go be a Magic fan and you can watch him in all his glory.

Vic Petro
07-15-2017, 10:56 AM
Fake news

hater
07-15-2017, 11:21 AM

FkLA
07-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Yeah, let's become like everyone else and make it a player's team. I'm sure the city of San Antonio can lure the type of talent that the other top teams do. Or if not Kawhi can bring over his banana boat friends. :rolleyes

In the long run, maintaining the culture is the only thing that will keep us from becoming just another shitty small-market team, idiots.

BSfromTX
07-15-2017, 11:41 AM

+1

GSH
07-15-2017, 11:42 AM
You listed three players, and two of them don't count.

Aldridge never won more than 54 games in a Blazers uniform. They only reached 50 wins in 4 of his 9 seasons there. In his two seasons with the Spurs, he's seen 67 and 61 wins. If he has a negative opinion of the "Spurs way"? Fuck him.

Why should anyone give a rat's ass about guys who don't value winning as much as... whatever the fuck they value? The NBA is full of Spurs cast-offs.

GSH
07-15-2017, 11:43 AM
Yeah, let's become like everyone else and make it a player's team. I'm sure the city of San Antonio can lure the type of talent that the other top teams do. Or if not Kawhi can bring over his banana boat friends. :rolleyes

In the long run, maintaining the culture is the only thing that will keep us from becoming just another shitty small-market team, idiots.

Bam!

raybies
07-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Well I'm Pro PATFO, think that needs to be stated. Just a string of players that are wanting out. But you're right about the cast offs.

spurs10
07-15-2017, 11:49 AM

In the long run, maintaining the culture is the only thing that will keep us from becoming just another shitty small-market team, idiots. Couldn't agree more! We are very fortunate to have enjoyed an incredible run and if that's the "Spurs' Way" then thanks for that!

You listed three players, and two of them don't count.

Aldridge never won more than 54 games in a Blazers uniform. They only reached 50 wins in 4 of his 9 seasons there. In his two seasons with the Spurs, he's seen 67 and 61 wins. If he has a negative opinion of the "Spurs way"? Fuck him.

Why should anyone give a rat's ass about guys who don't value winning as much as... whatever the fuck they value? The NBA is full of Spurs cast-offs.
:toast

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2017, 12:46 PM

Guess how many star free agents det culture has gotten us in the last 2 decades. None.

It's a super team league now and the Spurs are behind in the 1600's surrounding their star with shit all around.

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2017, 12:47 PM
:lmao this faggot white knighting for J Simms. Go be a Magic fan and you can watch him in all his glory.
Your faggot ass can't call anyone a faggot with a name like "unleashbaynes" :lmao

tholdren
07-15-2017, 12:53 PM
Simmons wanted 50 million. Got 20. That's not the Spurs. His agent sucks donkey balls.

I wonder for how many years. Id do 50 mil for 20 yrs

FkLA
07-15-2017, 01:06 PM
Guess how many star free agents det culture has gotten us in the last 2 decades. None.

It's a super team league now and the Spurs are behind in the 1600's surrounding their star with shit all around.

Det culture took down the first superteam of this era and is the biggest threat to the current superteam.

Look I'd love to get superstars here but it ain't happening. We aren't forming a superteam of our own. I wouldn't compromise the culture and turn it into a player's team just so we can go from having a 1% chance of landing big names to a 2% chance. We'd just turn into another undesirable small-market like Sacramento in the long run with that approach.

sananspursfan21
07-15-2017, 01:08 PM
Eh. I know what Horry means about "dumbing it down". Really, you're just reigning it in. My high school coach was like Pop in that way. He told us "you better not dunk unless you KNOW you'll score it". And I was a player that would miss a dunk here and there so I never went for it. Instead I laid it in on breakaways and hey, I scored just as much if not more. It's all about discipline and it sounds to me like the biggest coattail rider in NBA history can't handle discipline like a man. He's really just making himself look more and more like a pussy everyday. It's more comical than offensive. The Spurs Way cares more about the end result than it does a highlight reel play. Give me a W over an L with 4 ESPN top 10 plays any day of the week.

picnroll
07-15-2017, 01:12 PM

Yeah. Why can't the supers sign superstar free agents like all the other small market teams?

sananspursfan21
07-15-2017, 01:12 PM
To me, the whole "Spurs Way" saves us fans and the Front Office a whole lot of headache. It's not guaranteed but how many locker room issues have our guys had? How many guns have been pulled on each other? (Crittenton and Agent Zero). I prefer to save the drama and save the banging their heads against the wall trying to make Player X fit and go with someone maybe not as flashy or even talented that we can count on to get the job done the right way the first time

Leetonidas
07-15-2017, 01:13 PM

+1000000

ElNono
07-15-2017, 01:14 PM
You mean the Duncan Way? Timmy ain't around no more...

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-15-2017, 01:22 PM
People really losing their shit for a guy who couldn't get more than $13 million in guaranteed money over 3 years from Orlando.

Pocho La Pantera
07-15-2017, 01:36 PM
Exactly, why is that faggot still here? He meeds to be banned.

SAGirl
07-15-2017, 01:36 PM

Good Post raybies.:bobo

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Yeah. Why can't the supers sign superstar free agents like all the other small market teams?
Minnesota and OKC found a way to build around their stars waaaaay better thru trades and signings. Meanwhile we're here handing out loyalty contracts and keeping unhappy motherfuckers who requested trades.

SAGirl
07-15-2017, 02:03 PM
Re: Murray, still hoping he goes to the staff and tells them he wants to play and that he knows what he has to do. And then goes on to lead the team to a SL title. But that's me 😂. Really think LeBron was talking to him about his play and what he needs to do to make it in this league.

This is him again saying the right things:

I am not losing hope with him bc he's still very young and apparently willing to listen. What he understands of what is being said we shall see in upcoming seasons, but he is willing to learn and open his eyes and point his ears in the right direction. The time spent this summer with Kawhi and Anderson will do him well I am hoping, not just bc of the training but bc he will see in Kawhi the discipline and mindset and he will see in Anderson the humble mind that needs to be receptive to criticism when things don't go his way. IMO sometimes hearing things from a younger guy around his age and a fellow player it's like peer pressure. I still hope for him. He's again just so very young. We shall see.:toast

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2017, 02:09 PM
Det culture took down the first superteam of this era and is the biggest threat to the current superteam.

Look I'd love to get superstars here but it ain't happening. We aren't forming a superteam of our own. I wouldn't compromise the culture and turn it into a player's team just so we can go from having a 1% chance of landing big names to a 2% chance. We'd just turn into another undesirable small-market like Sacramento in the long run with that approach.
We're probably the 5th biggest threat to Golden State as rosters currently stand, tbh.

Your way of just standing pat and being satisfied with being a 50 win team only works if Kawhi is 100% guaranteed to stay. Me and other posters don't think so. You don't think he gets tired of working 3 times a day in the offseason only to comeback to training camp and see no one worked on their goddamn games? LMAo showing up fat, Green still can't dribble, Mills still can't playmake, etc.

Eventually we'll be Hawks West and the championship contending aura will fade quickly.

picnroll
07-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Minnesota and OKC found a way to build around their stars waaaaay better thru trades and signings. Meanwhile we're here handing out loyalty contracts and keeping unhappy motherfuckers who requested trades.

Those were players that got traded, not free agent signings. Let's see how long Paul sticks around.

raybies
07-15-2017, 02:16 PM
This is him again saying the right things:

I am not losing hope with him bc he's still very young and apparently willing to listen. What he understands of what is being said we shall see in upcoming seasons, but he is willing to learn and open his eyes and point his ears in the right direction. The time spent this summer with Kawhi and Anderson will do him well I am hoping, not just bc of the training but bc he will see in Kawhi the discipline and mindset and he will see in Anderson the humble mind that needs to be receptive to criticism when things don't go his way. IMO sometimes hearing things from a younger guy around his age and a fellow player it's like peer pressure. I still hope for him. He's again just so very young. We shall see.:toast
Really just needs to play with more substance and less style...

can't wait for the day Murray tries to cross Leonard and gets ripped every time and Leonard tells him to play smart. Will have me like...
https://media.giphy.com/media/HaibT5fPTWLrW/giphy.gif

SAGirl
07-15-2017, 02:33 PM

can't wait for the day Murray tries to cross Leonard and gets ripped every time and Leonard tells him to play smart. Will have me like...

:lmao heh best way to learn right?

FkLA
07-15-2017, 02:37 PM
We're probably the 5th biggest threat to Golden State as rosters currently stand, tbh.

Your way of just standing pat and being satisfied with being a 50 win team only works if Kawhi is 100% guaranteed to stay. Me and other posters don't think so. You don't think he gets tired of working 3 times a day in the offseason only to comeback to training camp and see no one worked on their goddamn games? LMAo showing up fat, Green still can't dribble, Mills still can't playmake, etc.

Eventually we'll be Hawks West and the championship contending aura will fade quickly.

Maybe 5th on paper. Not in reality though. :lol

Other champions/contenders post-2000 have completely fallen off. We're due for a rebuild. If it happens it happens. I still want the culture intact in place regardless. Much better than banking on landing big names to make you relevant again. You keep propping up Minny but how long is their playoff drought again? That and Sacto is what the Spurs will be if theyre run like everyone else. A good stretch here or there, but mostly mediocrity.

DPG21920
07-15-2017, 02:41 PM
Maybe 5th on paper. Not in reality though. :lol

Other champions/contenders post-2000 have completely fallen off. We're due for a rebuild. If it happens it happens. I still want the culture intact in place regardless. Much better than banking on landing big names to make you relevant again. You keep propping up Minny but how long is their playoff drought again? That and Sacto is what the Spurs will be if theyre run like everyone else. A good stretch here or there, but mostly mediocrity.

Did you get a transplant into a reasonable posters body :wow?

hooperflash
07-15-2017, 03:35 PM
Can we add Paul George, KD, and CP3 to that list?

HarlemHeat37
07-15-2017, 03:55 PM
+1 on Fkla's post..the culture and Pop are literally the only selling points for FAs to join SA, tbh..they will never sign a superstar in his prime based on location, obviously..they need to find a superstar through the draft and sell him on culture or hope a transcendent player is born in San Antonio and wants to play for his hometown like LeBron did:lol

I also don't understand the stupidity of posters comparing the Spurs to teams that made trades for big names by using lottery picks and assets they collected when they were bad..it's extremely difficult to build teams without experiencing down years to collect lottery assets, especially for a market like SA..

Mikeanaro
07-15-2017, 04:04 PM
Im really pissed at Pop and his shitty ways, but the humble working hard culture is more than fine, as others said here it would be sad to see SA as another shitty small market team like Charlotte or Milwaukee.

The thing that bothers me the most is Pop´s stupid line ups and how he bench players that have potential, but he and RC are great developers on the other hand they should ask Chip Engelland a full refund.

jehawk81
07-15-2017, 04:10 PM
You mean the Duncan Way? Timmy ain't around no more...

ElNono with the truth nuke. Tim was the once-in-a-generation foundation that was holding all the other pieces- including Pop, Manu, TP, det culture- together. Without Tim, Pop becomes just another Thibodeau & never instills the "Spurs culture" & quite possibly never rings, Manu prolly goes to Phoenix or Denver, & Parker prolly jettisons to NY. Heck, Kawhi wouldn't be who he is now to this organization if not for Timmy. You guys need to understand that Timmy IS the culture that Pop & RC get credit for. Tim made it all work. For as good as Kawhi is, he's no Timmy & it's not even close. This is not a knock on him, but a testament to what Timmy was. Pop no longer has this foundation to fall back on. I think this past season was prolly one of the best chances this team had post-Timmy to be great, as the "culture" mindset was still kind of there(& I think Pop knew it), but then Zaza happened. This culture thing the Spurs are respected for cannot happen without a Timmy, & for that reason I find what's happened this off-season unsurprising

raybies
07-15-2017, 04:11 PM
Robinson doesn't get enough credit...

sananspursfan21
07-15-2017, 04:15 PM
The thing that bothers me the most is Pop´s stupid line ups and how he bench players that have potential, but he and RC are great developers on the other hand they should ask Chip Engelland a full refund.

I would love to see an All-Former Spurs With Potential Team assembled. Maybe play the All-Star Weekend. Featuring Mensah-Bonsu, James White, James Gist, LJC, JSimms, ATol, and the most infamously clamored for: Mahinmi!!!

BatManu20
07-15-2017, 04:16 PM
Using LMA as an example is dumb... he's mentally soft. That's not Pop's fault.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-15-2017, 04:27 PM

He's actually very narrow minded so don't try to let him think too much about anything

Mikeanaro
07-15-2017, 04:39 PM
I would love to see an All-Former Spurs With Potential Team assembled. Maybe play the All-Star Weekend. Featuring Mensah-Bonsu, James White, James Gist, LJC, JSimms, ATol, and the most infamously clamored for: Mahinmi!!!
Lol multiple championships!

spurraider21
07-15-2017, 04:40 PM
good for them. because aldridge was having great success in portland, simmons will lead orlando to glory, and dedmon is going to join a powerhouse in atlanta

the spurs are the best place any of these guys have been. maybe what they dont like is being under the actual pressure to perform with bigger stakes

patty doesnt hate the spurs way, diaw didnt, splitter didnt. and they're all champions

TD 21
07-15-2017, 04:59 PM

I wouldn't say "players getting tired of the Spurs way", because it clearly mostly only appealed to certain types, most of which doesn't include the best players. Boiled down, it's too white for them.

Forming a team with the basketball IQ and chemistry of the '12-'15 Spurs will be at least as difficult as finding a team with their depth of talent. They're now in the same boat as everyone else: they need as much high end talent as possible and can't afford to be picky.

It won't happen, but they should be working the back channels on Cousins throughout the season and trying to sell him and Wall ('19 free agent) on re-uniting, with a chance to contend for championships.

apalisoc_9
07-15-2017, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't play for the spurs if I have any individual goals. Post 2014, no one ever gets the credit they deserve. It's always pop and the organization.

I have legit sources that say this is one of the reasons why players dont like San antonio.

It's also one of the reasons why i think Leonard has ever reason to bolt in 2018.

HI-FI
07-15-2017, 05:32 PM

Spot on imo. SA has a unique culture and history that seeps into the team. As much as Pop pisses me off, at least there is a foundation in place, I'd take that over a team that is flashy but lets the inmates run the asylum.

Snaq O'Meal
07-15-2017, 05:45 PM

Don't need Leonard for that when other summer league scrubs have been doing that to Murray.

cutewizard
07-15-2017, 05:46 PM
Symptomatic of the materialistic Western paradigm

spurraider21
07-15-2017, 05:53 PM
pop certainly has flaws... but what is the backup plan for those of you calling for his head?

everyone says rick carlisle. ok, are the spurs going to land rick carlisle? no. so what's your actual plan for when they fire pop?

cjw
07-15-2017, 05:58 PM
You guys forgot James White. Jumps too high

skulls138
07-15-2017, 06:25 PM
Fuck these high maintenance but "talented" players. Speaking of "trend", has anybody noticed that they mostly SUCK??? In terms of winning, being clutch etc.. Look at the egg Harden laid in POs!! Are we supposed to give a shit what the Carmelos of the world think? I thsnk God we have Kawhi (still a miracle), with him we need one other great player, that maybe we have in Gay, and the rest solid role players. Being deep is underrated.

weebo
07-15-2017, 07:12 PM

Championships aren't always won by the teams with the best players. It's won by the team with the right attitude.

If a guy's main concern is about minutes, money or stats, then his mind isn't on winning.

Kool Bob Love
07-15-2017, 07:18 PM
Nobody wants to play with that loser Kawhi.

GSH
07-15-2017, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't play for the spurs if I have any individual goals.

LMAO. Any time we need to understand the perspective of an attention whore, we can always count on you. :tu

SequSpur
07-15-2017, 10:15 PM

Source DF?

SequSpur
07-15-2017, 10:20 PM
It's kind of tough seeing Tony Parker going zero/zero/zero 24 minutes every other game and drawing 15 million. It's kind of tough seeing Patty Mills going zero/zero/zero 24 minutes in the fucking playoffs and getting 50 million. WTF don't you samfers get? Players are tired of the Spurs Way. Pop has turned arguably the best center in the NBA into a player slightly better than Matt Bonner. The only player that actually had balls in the playoffs was Dedmon and he benched him. Gasol fucking sucks balls along with Tony Parker. Real fucking talk right there. No one said Simmons wanted fitty. only Aggie Hoopsfan with his bullshit posts. Fuck dude, why do you even post here if you're gonna suck PATFO dick all day long?

The Spurs fucked up and you know it. #callingaspadeaspade #fo.

RD2191
07-15-2017, 10:22 PM
It's kind of tough seeing Tony Parker going zero/zero/zero 24 minutes every other game and drawing 15 million. It's kind of tough seeing Patty Mills going zero/zero/zero 24 minutes in the fucking playoffs and getting 50 million. WTF don't you samfers get? Players are tired of the Spurs Way. Pop has turned arguably the best center in the NBA into a player slightly better than Matt Bonner. The only player that actually had balls in the playoffs was Dedmon and he benched him. Gasol fucking sucks balls along with Tony Parker. Real fucking talk right there. No one said Simmons wanted fitty. only Aggie Hoopsfan with his bullshit posts. Fuck dude, why do you even post here if you're gonna suck PATFO dick all day long?

TBH. These sad fucks don't want to admit the truth.

duncan2k5
07-15-2017, 11:23 PM
I think Pop holds players back. I thought Murray should have played more. Simmons should have been starting with starters minutes. Bertans needs more playing time. Will Pop give Davis Bertans at least 20+ minutes a game? Probably not. He can play the 4 and 5. We're thin at those spots so he should see lots of playing time, but he'll probably have a bunch more DNP-CD's.

This, tbh... Pop's ego...if he benched a player, he will continue to bench them for a long period of time to show them who the man is

duncan2k5
07-15-2017, 11:25 PM

Truth motherf*cking BOMBS!!!!

duncan2k5
07-15-2017, 11:31 PM
This kinda reminds me of Phil Jackson being stubborn about implementing the outdated triangle simply because it brought him success 20-30 years ago (when really it was Shaq and Jordan that brought the success)... There comes a time when you have to give a black, expressive, self-confident player the chance to be himself... Get off that high horse, slave owner mentality

BillMc
07-16-2017, 12:10 AM
Robinson doesn't get enough credit...

BillMc
07-16-2017, 12:12 AM
LMAO. Any time we need to understand the perspective of an attention whore, we can always count on you. :tu
+1

DMC
07-16-2017, 12:40 AM

Fail.

You start off with "players" then cite a guy who just got here two years ago, then Simmons, Murray, Dedmon and a guy who retired in SA years ago.

DMC
07-16-2017, 12:44 AM
Simmons is hot garbagePERIOD. You folks thinking he's something special because he got playoff minutes when everyone else was out for the season are retarded. He's a top tier d league player, nothing more.. nothing.

Ditty
07-16-2017, 02:17 AM
Fake news

good for them. because aldridge was having great success in portland, simmons will lead orlando to glory, and dedmon is going to join a powerhouse in atlanta

the spurs are the best place any of these guys have been. maybe what they dont like is being under the actual pressure to perform with bigger stakes

patty doesnt hate the spurs way, diaw didnt, splitter didnt. and they're all champions

This! Everyone is going to keep watching also, I love seeing all the crying in this thread :lol.

Everyone here needs to find a summer job, and stop crying in July. Sours are going to win a shit load of regular season games, and lose to the Warriors again probably. Nothing wrong with that. Spurs had their time, and trying their best to reload with two bad contracts.

unleashbaynes
07-16-2017, 04:17 AM
I wouldn't play for the spurs if I have any individual goals. Post 2014, no one ever gets the credit they deserve. It's always pop and the organization.

I have legit sources that say this is one of the reasons why players dont like San antonio.

It's also one of the reasons why i think Leonard has ever reason to bolt in 2018.

Well we always know we can trust this dumbass and his "legit sources".

:lol remember when this genius wanted to trade Kawhi for some scrub?

dbestpro
07-16-2017, 09:29 AM
Imagine how good LMA would be if he had the attitude of Mario Ellie.

RodNIc91
07-16-2017, 12:38 PM

My nigga FkLA dropping some truth bombs here

Mr. Body
07-16-2017, 12:48 PM
Yeah, San Antonio is going to attract only players like Gordon Hayward and not many others. The Spurs have been insanely gifted in getting Robinson and then Duncan and now Kawhi, it seems, who don't care about glamor. But those players are exceptionally rare.

RodNIc91
07-16-2017, 12:51 PM

So you don't buy, completely at least, Kawhi's selflessness? I mean, maybe the media is always praising the spurs, the organization and Pop, but both Pop and RC always give great compliments to Kawhi. That has to mean something for him

SilverSpur
07-16-2017, 01:20 PM
I'm tired of the Spurs Way also. I'm tired of winning 50,55,60 games a year. Winning division titles, conference titles and World Championships.
Let's be more like the Clippers of old or run our organization like the Knicks do. Let's hire coaches every other year and change everything else to please a few who will be here for just a season .
You hear other teams openly say they would like to operate and create a culture like the Spurs
Anyway, see you in the win column and in the playoffs contending once again for another Championship.

:flag: GO! SPURS! GO!

tim_duncan_fan
07-16-2017, 05:02 PM
Lol we don't need another big name.

All we need right now to be entirely formidable is a serviceable point guard and a guy who can block shots and rebound.

The culture here and the team first/system first mentality are all we have.

We damn-near sold our souls courting LMA and not that piece of cake wants to leave. Never again should we ever sacrifice the meaning of the Spurs in order to appease a fly-by-night player.

Pocho La Pantera
07-16-2017, 05:57 PM
I'm tired of the Spurs Way also. I'm tired of winning 50,55,60 games a year. Winning division titles, conference titles and World Championships.
Let's be more like the Clippers of old or run our organization like the Knicks do. Let's hire coaches every other year and change everything else to please a few who will be here for just a season .
You hear other teams openly say they would like to operate and create a culture like the Spurs
Anyway, see you in the win column and in the playoffs contending once again for another Championship.

:flag: GO! SPURS! GO! this

spurs10
07-16-2017, 06:15 PM

:flag: GO! SPURS! GO! You haven't won so much you're "tired of winning?" No? Me neither!
:flag:

ceperez
07-16-2017, 08:33 PM
Let's get real... small market team.

So you do with what you have and what Spurs have is a team mentality and a culture.

John B
07-16-2017, 10:03 PM
I feel that if Simmons and Dedmond or any player would choose lower salary by staying with the Spurs managed minutes, winning with the team, constantly improving because of the excellent coaching, in the long run having a longer successful career, the salary evens out. Instead of being played to the ground every night, their weakness exposed, and fizzles out with a shorter career. The salary catches up and probably even more, plus a ring or two. I wonder how much Parker or Manu would've made in other team, getting paid more but shorter career because of heavy minutes? I wish Simmons well but his defense would have earned him salary for years with the Spurs, and with Kawhi, maybe a ring or two.

DMC
07-17-2017, 12:41 AM
Spurs weren't gifted but once. 16 teams passed on Kawhi.. that's over half the league. By trading him, the Pacers passed on him as well. It's called having the ability to see something different in a raw talent because you have built the machine that can mold the right mind and body into a superstar. All that took years of building and tweaking to get right, and some luck. If the Spurs don't get Tim Duncan they are still probably ringless, but they did. That was a gift. Parker went 28th. Manu went 57th... fifty fucking seventh. Who wanted Tiago Splitter? Who wanted Boris Diaw or Patty Mills or Danny Green? Who wanted Gary Neal? Who wanted JSimmons?

Spurs weren't lucky. They have a system. That is the Spurs Way.

spurs10
07-17-2017, 01:36 AM
Spurs weren't gifted but once. 16 teams passed on Kawhi.. that's over half the league. By trading him, the Pacers passed on him as well. It's called having the ability to see something different in a raw talent because you have built the machine that can mold the right mind and body into a superstar. All that took years of building and tweaking to get right, and some luck. If the Spurs don't get Tim Duncan they are still probably ringless, but they did. That was a gift. Parker went 28th. Manu went 57th... fifty fucking seventh. Who wanted Tiago Splitter? Who wanted Boris Diaw or Patty Mills or Danny Green? Who wanted Gary Neal? Who wanted JSimmons?

Spurs weren't lucky. They have a system. That is the Spurs Way. Indeed! :toast

skulls138
07-17-2017, 10:16 AM
I think people see making it to the NBA as the goal to reach and not winning championship. They dont want to be yelled at by some guy who makes less money than they do about the smallest thing all the time, especially about defense or screening etc. It also prohibits there freedom on the court, taking away the fun of it. This is why established stars are not a good fit unless they are really hungry for it.

Budkin
07-17-2017, 03:56 PM
If I'm a bonifide Superstar why come to S.A.? To play 28 minutes a game? For an egotistical yelling coach?

My coach yells at me... :cry

TheGreatYacht
07-17-2017, 04:42 PM

:flag: GO! SPURS! GO!
Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Kawhi Leonard are great players. Shame their front office surrounded them with shit, they would've won more

Kindergarten Cop
07-17-2017, 04:43 PM
I think people see making it to the NBA as the goal to reach and not winning championship. They dont want to be yelled at by some guy who makes less money than they do about the smallest thing all the time, especially about defense or screening etc. It also prohibits there freedom on the court, taking away the fun of it. This is why established stars are not a good fit unless they are really hungry for it.

Honest question - would you want an "established star" who wasn't "really hungry for it"? You and I may be in disagreement, but I don't want to try to make a player fit if he is just content on getting paid.

Chucho
07-17-2017, 04:45 PM

/Thread.

5-digit and 6-digit post count posters have how much success compared to the people they give their "expert" advice on? Spurs fans are the "average US citizen" of sports fans- over privileged, spoiled, entitled and no clue what a real struggle (shit team like DAL, LAL and HOU) is like.

Hoops Czar
07-17-2017, 05:41 PM

Anybody who loses their shit over Jonathan Simmons needs to have their head examined.

Clipper Nation
07-17-2017, 08:16 PM
Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Kawhi Leonard are great players. Shame their front office surrounded them with Porker, they would've won more

FIFY

Taking it to the Hole
07-19-2017, 09:34 PM
As much as I would like to believe that the Spurs can remain competitive in an era of superteam building, the reality of the situation is that is the new trend. I don't expect the Spurs to try to go get top tier free agents because we have never done that. For the most part, the bulk of our talent has come through the draft. I just think with Kawhi becoming the superstar he is, you cannot afford to just be concerned with signing only "Spurs guys". You have to be in "win now" mode and if that means trading talent for character for one season or two, then so be it. Character is great to have but character with talent is what wins championships. How many of those guys are out there in the free agent market? Probably not many. That is why the Spurs need to roll the dice more and take chances on guys they otherwise would not have signed with us because of the "Spurs way" standing as an impediment. I wish players were loyal to their teams, but people need to realize that if we don't build a team that can win it all, when Kawhi's contract is up, he is gone. Kawhi has a Finals MVP and a championship already so he can go anywhere and play with anyone. The Spurs problem is that they think Kawhi won't leave and I think that you don't want to give him a reason to leave.

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2017, 05:04 PM
:lmao there's posters who truly believe Lebron will leave his hometown with a loaded team that includes Isaiah Thomas, Kevin Love, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, the #1 pick, and other great role players to come play for shitty San Antonio, their shit bottom of the barrel players, and an overrated coach.

Good on Kawhi if he leaves this sinking ship

tholdren
09-26-2017, 05:26 PM
:lmao there's posters who truly believe Lebron will leave his hometown with a loaded team that includes Isaiah Thomas, Kevin Love, Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, the #1 pick, and other great role players to come play for shitty San Antonio, their shit bottom of the barrel players, and an overrated coach.

Who really respects lebron? No one. Hes a freak athlete who has demanded where to play and who to play with, and if it werent for a spurs meltdown or ray allen, hed be the most overrated player of all time...

I. Hustle
09-26-2017, 05:49 PM
Rudy Gay seemed to take it ok

Newsflash: Gay takes it in the end!

DAF86
09-26-2017, 10:45 PM

Lebron and Pop would clash big time. Lebron would try to pull his player-coach-manager shit and Pop would have none of that shit. Also, the first time Pop goes at Lebron the same way that he went at Tim and all his other players, Lebron would be like: "oh hell no, fuck this old dude and his team."

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2017, 10:54 PM
Lebron and Pop would clash big time. Lebron would try to pull his player-coach-manager shit and Pop would have none of that shit. Also, the first time Pop goes at Lebron the same way that he went at Tim and all his other players, Lebron would be like: "oh hell no, fuck this old dude and his team."
Truth bomb. Lebron made Lue get off his high chair, literally. Poop wouldn't be able to pull that "only play 15 minutes so I can ruin your PPG" crap with Lestats

TimDunkem
09-26-2017, 11:57 PM

Fucking truth bomb.

But I'm sure there will still be some delusional fucks here who get their hopes after this season and convince themselves that LeRoid will come to SA because this is a better team than Cleveland led by the GOAT coach.

TheGreatYacht
09-27-2017, 12:22 AM
Fucking truth bomb.

But I'm sure there will still be some delusional fucks here who get their hopes after this season and convince themselves that LeRoid will come to SA because this is a better team than Cleveland led by the GOAT coach.
There's still faggots and bitches that think Fathead has potential at 24 years old. The amount of dumb fucks in this board is astonishing. Starting with that stalking autist tholdren (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=29395)

TimDunkem
09-27-2017, 01:39 AM
There's still faggots and bitches that think Fathead has potential at 24 years old. The amount of dumb fucks in this board is astonishing. Starting with that stalking autist tholdren (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=29395)
Inb4 that jizz rag melts down and stalks you for the next 3 months. :lol

tholdren
09-27-2017, 07:51 PM
Inb4 that jizz rag melts down and stalks you for the next 3 months. :lol

Oh no two "friends" so insecure they talk about a poster who is hurting their feelings, almost as sad as using emojis. Boooo hooooo hooooo

TimDunkem
09-27-2017, 08:45 PM
Oh no two "friends" so insecure they talk about a poster who is hurting their feelings, almost as sad as using emojis. Boooo hooooo hoooooSup, stalker. Kill any innocent women today?

tholdren
09-28-2017, 06:14 AM
Sup, stalker. Kill any innocent women today?

Sup? I originally thought you were 17, now 14. Quick hit me with a your mom joke

TimDunkem
09-28-2017, 06:29 AM
Sup? I originally thought you were 17, now 14. Quick hit me with a your mom joke
Don't deflect. Where did you hide those bodies?

tholdren
09-28-2017, 05:52 PM

Sup bruh

TheGreatYacht
09-28-2017, 05:56 PM
Sup, stalker. Kill any innocent women today?

Sup bruh
:lmao

TimDunkem
09-28-2017, 06:02 PM
I think we have all the evidence we need to prove this guy is fucking nuts. Holy fuck. :lol

SequSpur
10-30-2017, 10:20 PM
Simmons is hot garbagePERIOD. You folks thinking he's something special because he got playoff minutes when everyone else was out for the season are retarded. He's a top tier d league player, nothing more.. nothing.

Special needs poster.

DMC
10-30-2017, 10:37 PM
Special needs poster.

lol Simmons on a shitty team getting 20 points in a high usage game with 4 turnovers and somehow you decide THAT is the game you want to cherry pick to say "see!".

TheGreatYacht
10-31-2017, 12:39 AM
Fat hands getting bodied by Sequ, who I'm pretty sure has Down syndrome, god damn... :lol

TimDunkem
10-31-2017, 12:44 AM

SAGirl
10-31-2017, 01:00 AM
I do think JSimms got tired of it.

Immortal Spur
07-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Saw this one...

Immortal Spur
07-24-2018, 06:01 PM
Add Kawhi to the list...

BackHome
07-24-2018, 06:13 PM

Your such a little Bitch if you don’t like the Spurs then just fucking leave.

lefty
07-24-2018, 06:16 PM
:lol Sperms way

:lol traded Rodman for Perdue, the former 3peats immediately.
:lol but he was the problem.

:lol Duncan should be considered the GOAT of all GOATs for carrying that overrated antiquated conservative franchise to 5 titles

Cane
07-25-2018, 11:34 AM
Take paycuts for a billionaire owner so we can sign shitty foreigners, all the while getting stabbed in the back by Porker and Co.

That's da way :flag:

Othyus Lalanne
07-25-2018, 03:06 PM

:lol Duncan should be considered the GOAT of all GOATs for carrying that overrated antiquated conservative franchise to 5 titles

What would your modern Spurs look like?

SpursDynasty85
07-25-2018, 03:23 PM
J Simms was old and needed to pad stats and get contract money. Dedmon same thing. One guy that sticks out is D. West. He seemed to not be happy when he left. Was there ever a detailed story of him not liking the Spurs?

daslicer
07-25-2018, 03:24 PM

Conveniently left out that Rodman got to play with the GOAT. If the Bulls didn't take Rodman then I'm convinced Rodman would have been out of this league a lot of quicker. Rodman was toxic as fuck just look at how the Lakers cut him in '99. This was a Lakers team that would win a title a year later without him.

daslicer
07-25-2018, 03:25 PM
J Simms was old and needed to pad stats and get contract money. Dedmon same thing. One guy that sticks out is D. West. He seemed to not be happy when he left. Was there ever a detailed story of him not liking the Spurs?

From what I recalled is that West was just frustrated in how the Spurs lost the OKC series. After that series he didn't believe he could win a title with the Spurs and that's why he joined up with the Warriors.

SpursDynasty85
07-25-2018, 03:27 PM
From what I recalled is that West was just frustrated in how the Spurs lost the OKC series. After that series he didn't believe he could win a title with the Spurs and that's why he joined up with the Warriors.

Ouch. Him leaving just after one year stung. OKC should've beaten the Warriors that year tbh.

Keepin' it real
07-25-2018, 03:54 PM

Yup, West was pissed because Pop put his washed-up ass against Adams and Kanter. West didn't stand a chance.

baseline bum
07-25-2018, 04:00 PM

LOL the Spurs lost the OKC series because Kanter and Adams completely dominated West on the glass. That was probably the biggest reason the Spurs blew that series. Guess West just wanted to be carried to the top of Mt Everest.

SpursDynasty85
07-25-2018, 04:02 PM
LOL the Spurs lost the OKC series because Kanter and Adams completely dominated West on the glass. That was probably the biggest reason the Spurs blew that series. Guess West just wanted to be carried to the top of Mt Everest.

Well he is old but he plays pretty well for Golden State. Makes clutch buckets and defends pretty well.

daslicer
07-25-2018, 04:17 PM

Agreed I felt the same way you did during that series. That's why I wasn't upset when West left. West tbh was just salty like you said that he got outplayed by Kanter/Adams and blamed Pop for it.

sasaint
07-25-2018, 04:26 PM
Yup, West was pissed because Pop put his washed-up ass against Adams and Kanter. West didn't stand a chance.

Pop misused/abused West badly during his brief stint here. The likes of Kanter and Adams were destined to chew up West and spit him out; he was a PF.

daslicer
07-25-2018, 04:28 PM
Pop misused/abused West badly during his brief stint here. The likes of Kanter and Adams were destined to chew up West and spit him out; he was a PF.

West was great during the regular season. He was just a terrible match up in the OKC series. I don't know how Pop could have used him better in that series. What really hurt the Spurs in that series was Duncan being washed up. Had they had Duncan from '15 then they win the series.

sasaint
07-25-2018, 04:55 PM
West was great during the regular season. He was just a terrible match up in the OKC series. I don't know how Pop could have used him better in that series. What really hurt the Spurs in that series was Duncan being washed up. Had they had Duncan from '15 then they win the series.

True, that. We desperately needed to split West and Diaw. I had advocated starting LMA and Diaw and bringing Tim and West off the bench. Doubtful, but it might have saved a little wear and tear on Tim for his last playoff run.

Spurtacular
07-25-2018, 05:12 PM
The Spurs way was Tim Duncan. You guys listen to too much BS.

lefty
07-25-2018, 05:18 PM
Conveniently left out that Rodman got to play with the GOAT. If the Bulls didn't take Rodman then I'm convinced Rodman would have been out of this league a lot of quicker. Rodman was toxic as fuck just look at how the Lakers cut him in '99. This was a Lakers team that would win a title a year later without him.

Jordan isn't the GOAT

daslicer
07-25-2018, 05:38 PM
Jordan isn't the GOAT

Weak comeback and deflection.

Hoops Czar
07-25-2018, 05:41 PM

It's Kawhi's fault.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-26-2018, 03:25 PM
Meh...

Big markets are going to win in most circumstances in this league...period. Other than San Antonio there really isn't another small market NBA team that's carved out any sort of legacy of championship basketball. The Spurs did it through building loyalty from its superstars. I don't see much of today's top talent willing to stay loyal to anything but themselves. The Spurs had that from all of the Big 3...an absolute anomaly for a small market team, and I'd be shocked if we see that again anytime soon...although I hope I get shocked.

SpursDynasty85
07-26-2018, 04:11 PM
Meh...

Big markets are going to win in most circumstances in this league...period. Other than San Antonio there really isn't another small market NBA team that's carved out any sort of legacy of championship basketball. The Spurs did it through building loyalty from its superstars. I don't see much of today's top talent willing to stay loyal to anything but themselves. The Spurs had that from all of the Big 3...an absolute anomaly for a small market team, and I'd be shocked if we see that again anytime soon...although I hope I get shocked.

True but you have to imagine the Spurs do have a good reputation among players. Nobody really has bad things to say about them except for a few players like Stephen Jackson and Kawhi but when Pop leaves it will be a tough transition. I think we might have a good young core to build around though.

White, Murray, Walker, and Poeltl is a darn good young core for now. We have 2 first rounders next year and 2-3 prime years of Gay, DeRozan, LMA, Bertans, Mills combo. We gonna be just fine. Crossing fingers that the young guns become all stars or close to all stars.

League is becoming more like European soccer with the G league being an important factor.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-26-2018, 11:12 PM
True but you have to imagine the Spurs do have a good reputation among players. Nobody really has bad things to say about them except for a few players like Stephen Jackson and Kawhi but when Pop leaves it will be a tough transition. I think we might have a good young core to build around though.

White, Murray, Walker, and Poeltl is a darn good young core for now. We have 2 first rounders next year and 2-3 prime years of Gay, DeRozan, LMA, Bertans, Mills combo. We gonna be just fine. Crossing fingers that the young guns become all stars or close to all stars.

League is becoming more like European soccer with the G league being an important factor.

I totally agree. High hopes for our young guns. I like Walker’s personality a lot. If he can blossom I can see him really becoming a loyal Spurs’ star for years to come. Murray seems committed as well.

Good post. :tu

SpursforSix
07-26-2018, 11:24 PM
Meh...

I sort of disagree with the premise. Lately several teams have been able to build very good teams fairly organically. GSW, Philly, Boston. OKC was close to having a superteam. And while some of those are big markets, that’s not why they have all become so good (or potentially good). Even though the small market will limit big FA signings, I believe it’s still possible for a good FO to put together a great team. As much grief as they get, the Spurs FO seems to be near the top. I mean, they were right there until ZaZa.