PDA

View Full Version : Conrad Black - The 'Civil War' in the American Media

DarrinS
07-16-2017, 11:28 PM
Interesting talk by a Canadian, if you're willing to invest the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSaNMMoKEPs

monosylab1k
07-17-2017, 12:13 AM
Another known Trump semen shielder, gee I wonder what side he takes?

Quadzilla99
07-17-2017, 03:41 AM
Civil War! It's Dramatic!

Thread
07-17-2017, 03:47 AM
Another known Trump semen shielder, gee I wonder what side he takes?

Just open the fuckin' phone lines you little imp, you.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-17-2017, 04:24 AM
Why should we care what a convicted felon has to say?

AaronY
07-17-2017, 06:54 AM
Redneck Trumpers all of a sudden care about what foreigners think about America lol

boutons_deux
07-17-2017, 10:18 AM
El Caudillo Trash's attack on non-compliant press countered by Repugs

Republicans Just Revealed Trump’s War On The Media Is Fake News

Donald Trump didn’t create this world, or its messaging. He just took their messaging out of the echo chamber and greatly amplified it, and took the vitriol, the fear mongering, and the conservative-as-victim language to a level never imagined. Attacking the media is no longer a convenient tactic to advance a narrative. It’s no longer just something conservatives tell themselves in the echo chamber.

Delegitimizing the press is now a central goal of this White House.

And that’s a bridge too far for Republicans in congress. Buzzfeed interviewed a host of them (https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexislevinson/media-peace?utm_term=.uvDxpaEYp#.pePXNJyPN) recently, and

they’re no longer buying what the President is selling when it comes to the media. They see the threat his campaign against the free press poses, and they’re combatting it in different ways. Here’s what some of them had to say to Buzzfeed.

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) – “I love the media! I mean y’all are real people, and I’m a real person and you’ve got a job to do and my thing is, provide you access, provide clarity, be direct, be honest, and trust in the integrity of the reporters that are covering you. And I’ve not been disappointed by 98 percent of the reporters that I get to work with.” 2

Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK) – “The Founding Fathers had it about right: a free press is a good thing, not a bad thing. And politics is rough and tumble, dealing with the media’s a bit rough and tumble, but I don’t think it’s sinister in any way. Actually I think it’s helpful. They ask questions, that’s their job; they report stories, that’s their job. Part of our job is to try and educate our constituents and the public and the media on at least what it looks like on this side”

Rep. Mark Amodei (R-NV) – “This is public work, so the fact that you can come up and ask me about it like, well, it is public work. Therefore, you need to answer those questions.”

Rep. Tom Rooney (R-FL) – “I like you guys. I’ve always, you know, sort of been of the mindset that you guys have jobs, you guys have families, you guys have got to put food on the table too.”

Rep. David Schweikert (R-AZ) – “The tax reform we’re working on is the biggest thing that’s gonna happen in my political life. And for every question I get on that I get a dozen on a tweet. Are we in this weird world where actual work doesn’t have payoff in current media? Flare, shiny objects, snarkiness is news now. Not actual work. And have we finally reached the pinnacle of the dumbing down of the conversation? So the political discourse as arbitrated by the news media, now — ‘If it’s complicated, screw you. Give me, can you say something inflammatory or stupid or can you take a dumb picture.’”

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07/17/republicans-just-revealed-trumps-war-media-fake-news/

That's only a handful of Repugs who accept the press's legit role.

Most Repugs are dicklessly intimidated by, hired by the oligarchy, Kock Bros, etc into silent compliance and/or to counter anything and anybody that dares say anything in opposition to the fascist oligarchy.

Pavlov
07-17-2017, 11:37 AM
Dude is as delusional about Nixon's innocence as he was of his own before and after he went to prison.

They didn't call it the smoking gun for nothing.

ehKRQ0N-dIg

Bonus points for Haldeman's saying Deep Throat wants to cooperate.

Anyway this plan was carried out so the list of witnesses grows to the Director of the CIA, the Deputy Director and the acting head of the FBI -- to say nothing of all those involved in the money trail from the re-election committee to the Watergate criminals. Sure the impeachment process is political but this shit would've probably held up in criminal courts. That's why Nixon was pardoned.

Vietnam was a lost cause from the beginning. We backed an unpopular, repressive stongman to the hilt then let him be overthrown and killed with no idea how to replace him other than our our troops and a succession of weak, illegitimate leaders. We never understood that anticolonialism was the main motivation for the great majority of Vietnamese and we just replaced the French as a colonial power.

As far as the media argument, he has a point that the media treated Nixon worse than any other President, but Nixon treated the press worse than any other President as well. His lawyer got with the plumbers to plan on flat out murdering Jack Anderson for Pete's sake.

Nixon is the first and only supervillain we have had as President. Nevertheless, he could have served out his term and kept himself in the top 5-10 had he simply come clean about Watergate before he got a chance to incriminate himself. Shit, everyone forgave Reagan for selling missiles to Islamist terrorists.

Chucho
07-17-2017, 04:31 PM
Dude is as delusional about Nixon's innocence as he was of his own before and after he went to prison.

They didn't call it the smoking gun for nothing.

ehKRQ0N-dIg

Bonus points for Haldeman's saying Deep Throat wants to cooperate.

Anyway this plan was carried out so the list of witnesses grows to the Director of the CIA, the Deputy Director and the acting head of the FBI -- to say nothing of all those involved in the money trail from the re-election committee to the Watergate criminals. Sure the impeachment process is political but this shit would've probably held up in criminal courts. That's why Nixon was pardoned.

Vietnam was a lost cause from the beginning. We backed an unpopular, repressive stongman to the hilt then let him be overthrown and killed with no idea how to replace him other than our our troops and a succession of weak, illegitimate leaders. We never understood that anticolonialism was the main motivation for the great majority of Vietnamese and we just replaced the French as a colonial power.

As far as the media argument, he has a point that the media treated Nixon worse than any other President, but Nixon treated the press worse than any other President as well. His lawyer got with the plumbers to plan on flat out murdering Jack Anderson for Pete's sake.

Nixon is the first and only supervillain we have had as President. Nevertheless, he could have served out his term and kept himself in the top 5-10 had he simply come clean about Watergate before he got a chance to incriminate himself. Shit, everyone forgave Reagan for selling missiles to Islamist terrorists.

Gimmick died, yes? You sign back in to main and continue 6 digit post count, yes?

Pavlov
07-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Gimmick died, yes? You sign back in to main and continue 6 digit post count, yes?Save shtick for triggered poster.

Chucho
07-17-2017, 04:50 PM
Save shtick for triggered poster.

:lolSuuuurrreeeeee....

Pavlov
07-17-2017, 04:55 PM
:lolSuuuurrreeeeee....Only reason you ITT.

Chucho
07-17-2017, 05:01 PM
Only reason you ITT.
:lmao

Adam Lambert
07-17-2017, 05:05 PM
more interested in this guys take of what kind of civil war were in, tbh.

Carl Bernstein: US is in a 'cold civil war' over Russia news
http://thehill.com/media/342309-carl-bernstein-us-is-in-a-cold-civil-war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDIM58-AVBo

Pavlov
07-17-2017, 05:05 PM
:lmaoYou still here for me.

Chucho
07-17-2017, 05:08 PM
more interested in this guys take of what kind of civil war were in, tbh.

Carl Bernstein: US is in a 'cold civil war' over Russia news
http://thehill.com/media/342309-carl-bernstein-us-is-in-a-cold-civil-war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDIM58-AVBo

:rollin:lmao CNN.

Getting beat in the ratings by Golden Girls reruns. DEAD Bea Arthur outdraws CNN. :rollin

Chucho
07-17-2017, 05:10 PM
You still here for me.

Response not sign of "trigger". Alt not changing how much time from your life you spent here. Time not come back to you and people not shame you for 100k post count...not in Politick forum. Safe space budz semen eat for you.

Pavlov
07-17-2017, 05:14 PM
Response not sign of "trigger". Alt not changing how much time from your life you spent here. Time not come back to you and people not shame you for 100k post count...not in Politick forum. Safe space budz semen eat for you.Still post about me. Spend time on me.

Adam Lambert
07-17-2017, 05:29 PM
:rollin:lmao CNN.

Getting beat in the ratings by Golden Girls reruns. DEAD Bea Arthur outdraws CNN. :rollin

me= heres a video of the credible and noted journalistic hero carl bernstein

you= LOLMG CNN DARRRRRRRR (emojis)

Chucho
07-17-2017, 05:32 PM
me= heres a video of the credible and noted journalistic hero carl bernstein

you= LOLMG CNN DARRRRRRRR (emojis)

So?