PDA

View Full Version : I still can't get over 2012 OKC game 6... and THE "6"

UNT Eagles 2016
07-17-2017, 02:32 AM
Both were just so horrible.

Fireball
07-17-2017, 03:24 AM
it was a movie like build up for 2014 ...

Phenomanul
07-17-2017, 01:12 PM
Yeah I happened to see that OKC game just last week... The officiating was beyond atrocious - very "2002 LAL/SAC"-like, very biased, egregiously overt, not subtle at all.

The two plays that always stood out to me in that game was Parker getting hit for an and-1 foul on Westbrook when Parker doesn't even touch him. The official didn't have the "line-of-sight" excuse cause he was looking right at the play and Parker clearly moves out of the way to AVOID contact... the other call was when Manu drills a three pointer from the corner to momentarily give the Spurs the lead (after Stephen Jackson hit several clutch threes to close the gap and tie the game), only for the zebras to waive it off due to some "off-ball" foul that wasn't even dubious. Harden hits a three on the next possession and the rest is history.

coachmac87
07-17-2017, 01:13 PM

You should be more concerned with Zeke tbh...

Chinook
07-17-2017, 01:23 PM
I would trade both away to have had Kawhi on two healthy ankles last year.

mudyez
07-17-2017, 02:13 PM
I would trade both away to have had Kawhi on two healthy ankles last year.

So you trade away to bad things (or two things, we didn't have anyway) to prevent another bad thing from happening?

I guess thats a good trade.

daledondale
07-17-2017, 02:41 PM
6 not hurts since 2014, sweetest ring ever.

Solid D
07-17-2017, 02:42 PM
UNT may have a crisis counselor who can help you.

MultiTroll
07-17-2017, 02:50 PM
This may help you.
http://www.colonic-association.org/about-colon-hydrotherapy/

look_at_g_shred
07-17-2017, 03:54 PM

Down Under
07-17-2017, 04:46 PM
Main problem in 2012 was Danny wasn't quite there yet & got benched so we only had 1 good perimeter defender. Still, the bullshit calls Harden & Durant were getting...

Play Boban
07-17-2017, 06:55 PM
6 made 2014 sweeter.

rastaspur
07-17-2017, 06:57 PM
I can get over anything that was 5 years ago. The world keeps turning/moving and so do i.

tbdog
07-17-2017, 07:03 PM
Wasn't 2012 the Jackson T for taunting as well?

davi78239
07-17-2017, 07:06 PM
Same series when Jack said "hey, if yo ass is scared go to church "

spurs10
07-17-2017, 07:29 PM
it was a movie like build up for 2014 ...
Man was it ever! Greatest redemption story of all time in sports! Tim standing with his arms out stretched under the confetti is a classic sports image.

I am extremely grateful to have been there and it still seems surreal. We were down 17, I think, before we slowly began to turn it around. Manu's dunk was the moment I still love the most!
:flag:

sananspursfan21
07-17-2017, 07:41 PM
I don't usually buy into the officiating favoritism but that OKC series was terrible. Game 5 and 6 were beyond anything I'd ever seen in my 23 years of watching NBA

Spurtacular
07-17-2017, 10:56 PM
Yeah I happened to see that OKC game just last week... The officiating was beyond atrocious - very "2002 LAL/SAC"-like, very biased, egregiously overt, not subtle at all.

Not to shit on your point (cos I have no doubt that Stern wanted his Lebron-Durant match-up), nothing ever has been as close to 02 LAL/SAC. Kings are 02 champs as far as I'm concerned. Not that I don't believe the Spurs wouldn't have beat the Heat in 5 in 2012, honestly.

gambit1990
07-17-2017, 11:33 PM
whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Fireball
07-18-2017, 12:26 AM
Man was it ever! Greatest redemption story of all time in sports! Tim standing with his arms out stretched under the confetti is a classic sports image.

I am extremely grateful to have been there and it still seems surreal. We were down 17, I think, before we slowly began to turn it around. Manu's dunk was the moment I still love the most!

same here :toast

UNT Eagles 2016
07-18-2017, 12:38 AM

2014 was great, the OKC series that year was by far the sweetest series we'd won since the Pistons '05.

The thing I don't like about 2014 was I missed most of the regular season, it was my first year in college and away from home instead of being at home in SA to watch all 82 games. I watched bits and pieces of about 2/3 of the games and only got to see about 25 or so regular season games in full. I was really focused on college, friends, girls, etc that year. It wasn't like 2015-16 when I could watch over 80% of the games as I had school down pat (for better or worse), my friends were my friends, and I wasn't on the prowl like in 13-14.

SASdynasty!
07-18-2017, 07:52 AM
2012 G6 against OKC easily top 5 worst officiated games I've ever seen.

Prose
07-18-2017, 08:17 AM
bro forget game 6 in 2012 it was written we would lose that game after what happened in game 5 in san Antonio. Trust me I was at that game, it was crushing. Manu gave it his all dropped like 37 but usually when manu has to go balls to the wall without any help we lose. the real "6" with ray hitting that shot...its okay we have peace bc of the avalanche that we dropped on miami which lead tho their break up in 14

Prose
07-18-2017, 08:20 AM
2014 was great, the OKC series that year was by far the sweetest series we'd won since the Pistons '05.

The thing I don't like about 2014 was I missed most of the regular season, it was my first year in college and away from home instead of being at home in SA to watch all 82 games. I watched bits and pieces of about 2/3 of the games and only got to see about 25 or so regular season games in full. I was really focused on college, friends, girls, etc that year. It wasn't like 2015-16 when I could watch over 80% of the games as I had school down pat (for better or worse), my friends were my friends, and I wasn't on the prowl like in 13-14.

hahah nice...btw i went to UNT back in 10-11 for a year before realizing i didn't want to graduate with a poly sci degree and coming back to UTSA

bklynspursfan
07-18-2017, 08:52 AM
Wasn't 2012 the Jackson T for taunting as well?

Yup. Because he hit a 3, Mo Cheeks was yelling to distract him, Jack Looked at him (didn't say anything) and got a T. Such BS

SpurOutofTownFan
07-18-2017, 09:08 AM
I don't usually buy into the officiating favoritism but that OKC series was terrible. Game 5 and 6 were beyond anything I'd ever seen in my 23 years of watching NBA

I have to agree with this. I rarely if ever blame officiating but that was a slaughter. They just wanted OKC to move on. The Spurs were great - OKC had Harden, Russ, KD, Ibaka, Sefagaysha, etc.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-18-2017, 09:09 AM
Not to shit on your point (cos I have no doubt that Stern wanted his Lebron-Durant match-up), nothing ever has been as close to 02 LAL/SAC. Kings are 02 champs as far as I'm concerned. Not that I don't believe the Spurs wouldn't have beat the Heat in 5 in 2012, honestly.

Agreed. Nothing will ever come close to 2002 in my book. The fact that it was actually found that there was foul play reinforces this.

To your other note. The Spurs should have won it back to back to back from 2012 to 2014. The Spurs had the best team in the league during those years.

Spurtacular
07-18-2017, 09:53 AM
Agreed. Nothing will ever come close to 2002 in my book. The fact that it was actually found that there was foul play reinforces this.

To your other note. The Spurs should have won it back to back to back from 2012 to 2014. The Spurs had the best team in the league during those years.

Agreed. The title-less, Ray Allen-less Heat would have shit their pants in 2012 against the Spurs. In fact, Ray may have even stayed on the C's. After that, Spurs would've had the Heat's number and won 13 more in the manner that they won 14.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-18-2017, 10:25 AM

then how come they didn't strip the title from LAL? Obviously you can't bring 40 something guys like Webber back to play the 40 something Jason Kidd led Nets, but you can declare no winner that year at least.

Patsies fans complain about Goodell all they want, but he didn't do what he could and probably should have done which would have left them a million times worse: strip the 2014-15 title.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-18-2017, 11:36 AM
then how come they didn't strip the title from LAL? Obviously you can't bring 40 something guys like Webber back to play the 40 something Jason Kidd led Nets, but you can declare no winner that year at least.

Patsies fans complain about Goodell all they want, but he didn't do what he could and probably should have done which would have left them a million times worse: strip the 2014-15 title.

This is similar to the Saints when it was found the coaching staff gave money to their players for injuring the QB and others in the opposing team. It's very hard for any sports league to take away a championship after the fact.

This happens sometimes at the Olympics after doping is confirmed and the medals are taken back

SpurOutofTownFan
07-18-2017, 11:37 AM
Agreed. The title-less, Ray Allen-less Heat would have shit their pants in 2012 against the Spurs. In fact, Ray may have even stayed on the C's. After that, Spurs would've had the Heat's number and won 13 more in the manner that they won 14.

And 2013 was basically down to a couple missed FTs (HUGE GENERALIZATION BUT WHATEVER)- the Heats were done in game 6 and Lebron's face was telling but somehow they managed to win it and take it from the SPurs. That's why TD was so adamant they took it from him and he was coming back

UNT Eagles 2016
07-18-2017, 05:40 PM
This is similar to the Saints when it was found the coaching staff gave money to their players for injuring the QB and others in the opposing team. It's very hard for any sports league to take away a championship after the fact.

This happens sometimes at the Olympics after doping is confirmed and the medals are taken back

Tour de France, pretty much any Team USA cyclist since 1990 who has ever won. Of course part of it is because the commission of that is French and very anti-American, those euro cyclists use roids too.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-18-2017, 06:27 PM
If the Falcons beat the Patriots with flying colors in this year's SB, that'll be equivalent to the NBA Finals in '13 and '14 series

tonight...you
07-18-2017, 06:30 PM
If the Falcons beat the Patriots with flying colors in this year's SB, that'll be equivalent to the NBA Finals in '13 and '14 series
How you think our Boys are going to do this year?

SpurOutofTownFan
07-18-2017, 07:01 PM

I was completely floored when the Falcons decided to disappear in the 2nd half and Matty Ice went COLD. It was a complete spanking for most of the game. I had Patriots friends who were calling me to concede and then the Falcons couldn't score at all. I agree with the above poster: if the Falcons beat the Patriots in an hypothetical final it would feel very much like Spurs' 2014.

therealtruth
07-18-2017, 07:34 PM
And 2013 was basically down to a couple missed FTs (HUGE GENERALIZATION BUT WHATEVER)- the Heats were done in game 6 and Lebron's face was telling but somehow they managed to win it and take it from the SPurs. That's why TD was so adamant they took it from him and he was coming back

And that was all Pop's doing. Leave TD in the game. He was playing his best at the time. Allow the players to decide the game. That's always been my issue with Pop. He's a control freak.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-18-2017, 10:52 PM
And that was all Pop's doing. Leave TD in the game. He was playing his best at the time. Allow the players to decide the game. That's always been my issue with Pop. He's a control freak.

He was worn down by halftime and didn't really recover after that monster 2nd quarter at such an old age. He really didn't do much in the second half.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-18-2017, 10:53 PM

11-5, win the NFC East via tiebreaker, and 3rd seed in the NFC.

spurs10
07-19-2017, 12:08 AM

The thing I don't like about 2014 was I missed most of the regular season, it was my first year in college and away from home instead of being at home in SA to watch all 82 games. I watched bits and pieces of about 2/3 of the games and only got to see about 25 or so regular season games in full. I was really focused on college, friends, girls, etc that year. It wasn't like 2015-16 when I could watch over 80% of the games as I had school down pat (for better or worse), my friends were my friends, and I wasn't on the prowl like in 13-14. Well school- and girls- are damn important, so I get it!! I don't think many people saw it coming. The Spurs just put their heads down, didn't say a word, and got it done!

spurs10
07-19-2017, 12:10 AM
same here :toast
:toast

UNT Eagles 2016
07-19-2017, 01:46 AM
Well school- and girls- are damn important, so I get it!! I don't think many people saw it coming. The Spurs just put their heads down, didn't say a word, and got it done!

They held a huge watch party on the big screen at the UNT Coliseum for Game 7 of the first round series that spring. #MFFL fever was in the air. Scores of students from across campus went.

It was empty by halftime.

dbreiden83080
07-19-2017, 11:06 PM

Goes to show you just how truly special that team was. Teams with that many veterans on it don't recover from an utter devastation like that in the finals, to win it all the following year. Everyone and I mean everyone was thinking that was our last opportunity with this group. There will be no more chances.