PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: NBA/Nike ditching home & away jerseys

07-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Coinciding with the introduction of the new uniforms, the NBA is eliminating its “Home” and “Road” uniform designations. Beginning with the 2017-18 season, home teams will pick which of their uniforms will be worn at all home games and visiting teams will choose a contrasting uniform within their own assortment.

Because of this change, Nike and the NBA worked together to create four core uniforms for each team, classified as “editions,” which draw from the rich heritage of the NBA and its respective franchises.

The first two editions of the NBA uniforms, which will be introduced by teams this summer and will make their on-court debut at the start of the season, are the Association and Icon editions. The two remaining core uniforms, inspired by the mindset of the NBA athlete and the communities that support their teams through thick and thin, respectively, will be revealed in the coming months.

http://weartesters.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Nike-NBA-2017-2018-Uniforms-2.jpg

As if sponsor patches wasn't bad enough already :lol

You know it's coming...

:lol today's NBA

DAF86
07-18-2017, 03:09 PM
Of course nostalgia lovers would find a way to bitch about a decision that does nothing but allow for more freedom of choice. :lol

spursistan
07-18-2017, 03:23 PM
Of course nostalgia lovers would find a way to bitch about a decision that does nothing but allow for more freedom of choice. :lol
tbh.. Spurs' black jerseys are way more colorfully imposing and emblematic than the white ones. Never bought a white in my lifetime..

UZER
07-18-2017, 03:37 PM

Count me in. I like certain traditions. Hate when home teams wear road jerseys. There's just something about watching old highlights and immediately knowing the atmosphere of the play. It's also an easier way to remember plays in your head.

Spurtacular
07-18-2017, 09:12 PM
NBA wants more money from jersey sales. Purists don't pay for their mansion expansions.

DMC
07-18-2017, 10:15 PM
Purists? Lol, pure ignorance. There ain't no fuckin' purists here.

illusioNtEk
07-18-2017, 10:36 PM
Get that gay jersey asap tbh

monosylab1k
07-18-2017, 11:37 PM
More retarded gimmicks. Everyone will still call the white jersey "home" the primary color jersey "road" and everything else "alternate". Nobody in the real world is going to refer to a fucking jersey as "the icon edition" or whatever the fuck.

apalisoc_9
07-19-2017, 04:59 AM
tbh.. Spurs' black jerseys are way more colorfully imposing and emblematic than the white ones. Never bought a white in my lifetime..

The grey ones are hideous. Looks lame and boring.

The Black ones "away" looks amazing. Spurs should make that their main unis.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-19-2017, 05:50 AM

As a Cowboy fan it pisses me off that they always wear the mundane-ish white ones 12 times a year out of 16 games... home and away... when literally EVERYONE buys the pretty dark blue ones (in my avatar).

TheCultOfPersonality
07-19-2017, 06:32 AM
I don't have a problem with this.