PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Is it right to blame LeBron?

Joseph Kony
07-18-2017, 04:57 PM
I see a lot of posts on bball forums, regarding the rumors that LBJ is concerned about the direction of the Cavs and their FO moves. James gets a lot of hate, i see lot of people claiming that he has been the defacto GM and these are players he wanted. whether or not that's true, does LBJ deserve blame for the Cavs roster construction? IIRC, Jordan wanted Krause and the bulls to draft or trade for some garbage player and they said fuck that and got Pippen instead. So, is it Lebrons fault the Cavs are hamstrung by their payroll and no real assets to improve, or is the Cavs FO fault for being chickenshits and not putting their foot down? I understand the pull he but should he have that pull? Should Gilbert (or Griffin) lay down for James' demands because he might leave again? is that a legit reason to just hand out garbage contracts like nothing?

discuss

Fabbs
07-18-2017, 05:11 PM
whether or not that's true,
This needs to be known to give an accurate answer.

If he is the defacto GM, then he gets virtually of blame.
At the same time it's the FOs fault since they are the only ones who can execute the actual trades.

Mitch
07-18-2017, 05:15 PM
He's a player-gm, deserves blame

Leetonidas
07-18-2017, 05:26 PM
Imo Cavs shitty management is at blame. They were so terrified he would leave again they bent over and let whatever happen. That's on them for being such a pussywhipped franchise tbh

Clipper Nation
07-18-2017, 05:51 PM
The "LeGM" narrative is a very convenient excuse for that turd Gilbert to hide behind. I wouldn't be surprised if most stories about LeBron demanding things are just bullshit that Gilbert is making up to cover his ass. He probably knows as well as anyone else that LeBron haters are gullible. They'll believe literally anything as long as it's anti-LeBron.

baseline bum
07-18-2017, 06:04 PM
It's a really good roster. I don't see why anyone should get blame just because they aren't as good as Golden State. How many teams have ever had the two time reigning MVP playing for peanuts in the year the salary cap went up $24 million and the previous MVP was a free agent looking to cut and run from his team?

ambchang
07-18-2017, 06:50 PM
One thing players should learn is to never GM.

Jordan did it, Krause ignored him = 6 championships
Shaq did it, GM gave in = shaq bolting
Kobe did it, mitch ignored him = 2 more
Lebron did it, Riley ignored him = 2 championships
Lebron did it, GM gave in = 1 championship

Wait, lebron is the best player GM ever.

Buddy Mignon
07-18-2017, 06:58 PM
He got 2 coaches fired until he found the one he liked. He pushed Wiggins out to bring in Love. He pushed for Tristan to get that big contract. He pushed Korver. If he leaves the team he built... I can't wait to read Dan Gilbert's next letter. I hope it starts of with... "Dear You Ungrateful Nigga, You."

spurraider21
07-18-2017, 07:25 PM
The "LeGM" narrative is a very convenient excuse

LeGOAT > Riley as a GM. Real talk.

LeBron > Morey at GM-ing :worthy:

Boiled down:::LeGM built a championship team that would have repeated if not for the Kyrie/Love injuries. When Kobe tried to play GM, he ran off Shaq and Phil and missed the playoffs in his prime. The conclusion: the Lakers wouldn't be light so many rings if LeBron was their GM. :downspin:

spurraider21
07-18-2017, 07:33 PM
CN when LeGM narrative fits:

http://i.imgur.com/vDxJOf6.gif

CN when LeGM gets criticism:

http://i.imgur.com/HcTQnzJ.gif

Clipper Nation
07-18-2017, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if most stories about LeBron demanding things are just bullshit that Gilbert is making up to cover his ass.

Key word: most, not all. LeBron makes power moves. Gilbert signs scrubs with recognizable names like Jeff Green and Jose Calderon and then tells Media to blame it on LeBron. :downspin:

spurraider21
07-18-2017, 07:49 PM
:downspin:
yep

BanditHiro
07-18-2017, 07:58 PM
there is no-one to blame. Sans Durant, the Cavs could beat the Warriors but Durant killed all parity in the league when he joined the Warriors. No team was in the offseason was in a position to build a roster that could stand up to the Warriors so it's a little silly to give any team shit for it. Unless the Warriors get "We are Marshall" expect another easy ring for them

Leetonidas
07-18-2017, 08:26 PM
It's a really good roster. I don't see why anyone should get blame just because they aren't as good as Golden State. How many teams have ever had the two time reigning MVP playing for peanuts in the year the salary cap went up $24 million and the previous MVP was a free agent looking to cut and run from his team?

Idk man. Maybe a coach like Pop could squeeze a lot out of that roster. But their role players are pretty underwhelming and overpaid which is a bad combo. Lol giving a max contract at the time to Tristan Thompson

Leetonidas
07-18-2017, 08:28 PM
there is no-one to blame. Sans Durant, the Cavs could beat the Warriors but Durant killed all parity in the league when he joined the Warriors. No team was in the offseason was in a position to build a roster that could stand up to the Warriors so it's a little silly to give any team shit for it. Unless the Warriors get "We are Marshall" expect another easy ring for them

Doubt it. Its not like the Cavs have ever looked dominant against GS. And we all know they only won because donkey got himself suspended for game 5. Even without KD I think the Warriors would still beat Cleveland. Warriors are elite on both sides of the ball. Cavs are terrible on defense

baseline bum
07-18-2017, 08:44 PM
Idk man. Maybe a coach like Pop could squeeze a lot out of that roster. But their role players are pretty underwhelming and overpaid which is a bad combo. Lol giving a max contract at the time to Tristan Thompson

When it's Tristan Thompson or nobody, I'd take Thompson. Just like I would have wanted the Spurs to overpay to keep Simmons had they landed CP3 and thus had a roster with a chance at beating the Warriors. Besides, LeBron would have walked by now had they let Thompson go. James made it pretty clear the Cavs better pay to put a title contender around him if they wanted him there.

baseline bum
07-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Doubt it. Its not like the Cavs have ever looked dominant against GS. And we all know they only won because donkey got himself suspended for game 5. Even without KD I think the Warriors would still beat Cleveland. Warriors are elite on both sides of the ball. Cavs are terrible on defense

And the Warriors only won in 2015 because Irving's kneecap exploded in Game 1.

Leetonidas
07-18-2017, 08:54 PM
I agree with that in some ways. At the same time I don't think LeBron is walking away if the Cavs don't give TT the max or overpay scrubs like Shumpert. I feel like the Cavs could have surrounded LBJ/Love/Irving with a competent supporting cast without overpaying scrubs.

Fabbs
07-18-2017, 09:12 PM
Everytime I hear this I picture Kawhi Leonard and the Spurs kicking their asses in Game 1.
To think it's a given that the *unbeatable Golden Flamers* would have won is fertilizer. We'll never know.

BanditHiro
07-18-2017, 09:21 PM

GS lost because of Bogut got hurt. Then it became a buffet line to the basket for both LeBron and more importantly Kyrie. Without KD signing they would probably just get back Bogut and Barnes and as we saw Bogut body has just quit on him. I'm not saying the Warriors would not be able to beat the field again but it becomes much harder without KD and isn't this joke of a playoff run. That is why it just seems kind a stupid to give him shit for not assembling a roster that could beat the Warriors because neither did the rest of the league.

Spurtacular
07-19-2017, 01:52 AM
So, is it Lebrons fault the Cavs are hamstrung by their payroll and no real assets to improve?

It's certainly not Stern's fault. He gifted the Cavs three #1's.