PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, LaMarcus Aldridge!

Uriel
07-19-2017, 06:38 AM

Snaq O'Meal
07-19-2017, 06:39 AM
Happy birthday, big fella!

baseline bum
07-19-2017, 06:53 AM
Too bad you couldn't have gotten the trade you wished for.

SPURt
07-19-2017, 07:34 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b0/ef/cb/b0efcb248c20bce234620148dac8235b.gif

outmap
07-19-2017, 07:43 AM
You have to play 5 for the Spurs to be effective LMA, people expected him to be the number 2 guy, he's more like the 3rd guy in a big 3, except we don't have a 2nd guy to help Kawhi. I liked his interior defense last season, I think Gay might help unloading him the scoring load he lacks this season.

TheGreatYacht
07-19-2017, 07:54 AM
Sucks he's going to have to play with a 5'11 SG pretending to be a Point Guard.

Get well soon MVParker

07-19-2017, 08:11 AM

Get well soon MVParker
fg% bump probably comes from the putbacks on porker's bricks tbh

r0drig0lac
07-19-2017, 08:17 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/wakeup.gif

look_at_g_shred
07-19-2017, 08:20 AM
:lmao

look_at_g_shred
07-19-2017, 08:20 AM
HBD LA..here's to hoping for your best season with the Spurs.

Solid D
07-19-2017, 08:27 AM
Hopefully another year wiser, healthier, and full of conviction to win as a team.

8FOR!3
07-19-2017, 08:32 AM
Too bad you couldn't have gotten the trade you wished for.

You know for all we know sports media could be completely bs'ing 99% of this story. Just like in free agency, we never sign the guys we "show interest" in. I think a WCF appearance and being friends with Patty and other teammates would keep him level headed enough.

sananspursfan21
07-19-2017, 08:45 AM
Eh it's the guy's birthday, do you all want him to log on here later and see that you all hate him?

Happy birthday LMA, do well this season and I'll buy you that puppy you wanted so badly

SpursforSix
07-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Eh it's the guy's birthday, do you all want him to log on here later and see that you all hate him?

Happy birthday LMA, do well this season and I'll buy you that puppy you wanted so badly

Personally, I don't hate him. I hate his effort and attitude. And lack of being able to play down low.
Happy Birthday Big Loser!

rastaspur
07-19-2017, 10:03 AM
Happy birthday, motha fucka! Here's hoping he chokes on a piece of cake or the guys cock who jumps out of it.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Hopefully another year wiser, healthier, and full of conviction to win as a team.

Sadly his attitude has been awful all through ought the playoffs and this summer as well deleting all mentions of the Spurs through social media. He's a cancer at this point and it sucks for us Spurs fans we won't get equal value back when we dump him.

sananspursfan21
07-19-2017, 10:17 AM
Personally, I don't hate him. I hate his effort and attitude. And lack of being able to play down low.
Happy Birthday Big Loser!

Youch!!!

Ice009
07-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Wow. You guys are even harsher than me. If he isn't traded and comes into the season is great shape along with a new attitude, I'll forget about what happened last season and support him throughout the year. The question is, does he have the heart to do that? Can he put last season behind him and come in with a renewed focus and give maximum effort? If he can, then I can let go of last season and will try and support him this season.

RD2191
07-19-2017, 11:07 AM
Fuck LMA, hopefully he has a career ender his first game of the season.

look_at_g_shred
07-19-2017, 11:13 AM

How's RGV this time of year?

RD2191
07-19-2017, 11:14 AM
How's RGV this time of year?

Hot as hell. TBH

SpursforSix
07-19-2017, 11:20 AM
Wow. You guys are even harsher than me. If he isn't traded and comes into the season is great shape along with a new attitude, I'll forget about what happened last season and support him throughout the year. The question is, does he have the heart to do that? Can he put last season behind him and come in with a renewed focus and give maximum effort? If he can, then I can let go of last season and will try and support him this season.

I think everyone is willing to let go of last season if LMA busts his ass and plays to his potential. Hopefully, since it's a contract year for him, he works hard.
That being said...hopefully, he doesn't try to use this season as a personal showcase.

bklynspursfan
07-19-2017, 11:24 AM

It actually comes from pick and pops and Parker spoon feeding him. But only those who watch the game know that

baseline bum
07-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Hot as hell. TBH

At least that 30 foot wall will provide you some shade once you get out of the river.

Mikeanaro
07-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Fuck that bitch.

KDKSpurs24
07-19-2017, 12:11 PM
Look at the time guys! 12:12 AM. I don't if he did that because of his number (just thought of that so that could be a self centered plan). But if that means he's been planning to tweet that for his birthday and did it at midnight it could be showing he has accepted staying in San Antonio and is proud to be here and give it another go. I think this is good. I expect him to play hard this season.

BatManu20
07-19-2017, 12:12 PM
At least that 30 foot wall will provide you some shade once you get out of the river.

:lol

RD2191
07-19-2017, 12:13 PM

:lmao

BatManu20
07-19-2017, 12:14 PM

baseline bum
07-19-2017, 12:19 PM

Shame he won't see that since he unfollowed the Spurs on twitter.

BatManu20
07-19-2017, 12:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFGvPigXYAUcUkN?format=jpg&name=large

BatManu20
07-19-2017, 12:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFGK3L8W0AYG9it?format=jpg&name=large

BatManu20
07-19-2017, 12:27 PM

phxspurfan
07-19-2017, 12:28 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b0/ef/cb/b0efcb248c20bce234620148dac8235b.gif

Solid D
07-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Sadly his attitude has been awful all through ought the playoffs and this summer as well deleting all mentions of the Spurs through social media. He's a cancer at this point and it sucks for us Spurs fans we won't get equal value back when we dump him.

The "deleting all mentions of Spurs through social media" is not something I was aware of, so that's some really bad optics. Either a trade or an attitude adjustment is in order here.

BatManu20
07-19-2017, 12:40 PM

DAF86
07-19-2017, 01:19 PM
Happy birthday, now stop being a faggot, get in shape, accept to play center and use your strenght and size to develop a more efficient game.

ElNono
07-19-2017, 02:12 PM
ugh, this dude gonna feast on 5 birthday cakes and come in fat again to camp...

why is he still on the team, tbh?

Flawless
07-19-2017, 02:19 PM
Fuck this faggot

weebo
07-19-2017, 02:54 PM
Hot as hell. TBH

Xoticas bro this Friday. You down?

phxspurfan
07-19-2017, 03:34 PM
HBD. How's your house sale coming. You going to live in a Trailer in the ATT parking lot until we trade your ass...

SpurPadre
07-19-2017, 03:42 PM
If anyone ever deserves the "well...bye!" tombstone gif, it's this guy.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-19-2017, 03:50 PM

Get well soon MVParker
our starting PG is 6'5", wtf you talking about

TheDoctor
07-19-2017, 04:29 PM
I just want to give a greeting to all those Pounding the Cock guests down there who come to ST to learn and have a good laugh wishing this was your site and not that prision you have for Blog :toast

TBH

tonight...you
07-19-2017, 04:44 PM
I just want to give a greeting to all those Pounding the Cock guests down there who come to ST to learn and have a good laugh wishing this was your site and not that prision you have for Blog :toast

TBH
This is the Doc donating some of his good clothes to Goodwill. #Respect.

Mnky
07-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Before Kawhi took his yearly injury, spurs were on their way to home court advantage against the champs with lma doing great as No. 2. This team is really good. Everyone e has to be healthy tho. Hopefully he comes in motivated in a contract year. Happy Birthday big fella

TheDoctor
07-19-2017, 05:00 PM
This is the Doc donating some of his good clothes to Goodwill. #Respect.
Man I love your brain.

sasaint
07-19-2017, 05:16 PM
You know for all we know sports media could be completely bs'ing 99% of this story. Just like in free agency, we never sign the guys we "show interest" in. I think a WCF appearance and being friends with Patty and other teammates would keep him level headed enough.

Maybe he has simmered down. But, the story was not just the media (or Screamin' Stephen, for that matter). LMA unfollowed the Spurs on his Twitter account and put his house up for sale. And since then his silence has been deafening.

tonight...you
07-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Maybe he has simmered down. But, the story was not just the media (or Screamin' Stephen, for that matter). LMA unfollowed the Spurs on his Twitter account and put his house up for sale. And since then his silence has been deafening.
Like you have never been spurned by someone and overreacted and then, after some reflection- realized what a stupid ass you were and decided to play the game, instead of pouting about it.
He's in a contract year bro... don't underestimate that.

tonight...you
07-19-2017, 05:23 PM
Man I love your brain.
Just shot calling...

sasaint
07-19-2017, 05:29 PM
Like you have never been spurned by someone and overreacted and then, after some reflection- realized what a stupid ass you were and decided to play the game, instead of pouting about it.
He's in a contract year bro... don't underestimate that.

I am not sure inter-personal relationships are a good analogy. But I wonder if anybody has checked to see if he is now following the Spurs again. Not underestimating the contract year motivation... In fact I am counting on it!

tonight...you
07-19-2017, 05:41 PM
I am not sure inter-personal relationships are a good analogy. But I wonder if anybody has checked to see if he is now following the Spurs again. Not underestimating the contract year motivation... In fact I am counting on it!
When dealing with an emotional human like LaMarcus, you must give attention to the inter-personal relationship between him and the team, i.e.- What Pop wants him to do.
He is (not judging) an emotional, insecure person that wants to win and get his numbers, while doing what he wants to do which is shooting mid-range jumpers off a nice pass.

LaMarcus partly left Portland because Lilliard was getting the headlines over him. What's happening here? He's wallowing in the Spurs team-focused mire and Kawhi is 2nd in MVP votes 2 years in a row.
I bet he feels like upping his focus on defense is justice enough that he is a team player. Like that's some sacrifice, but it's what Pop demands, not asks for.

LaMarcus didn't sign on for this (he thought) and actually he got the benefit of the doubt on O. Pop let him be him. Begged him to be him. And now Pop is taking the reigns and he no rikey.

LMA is going to be the starting 5 and split those minutes with Pau as he comes off the bench and LMA shifts to the 4 for a bit, before sitting.

We'll see how it all goes.

sasaint
07-19-2017, 05:58 PM
When dealing with an emotional human like LaMarcus, you must give attention to the inter-personal relationship between him and the team, i.e.- What Pop wants him to do.
He is (not judging) an emotional, insecure person that wants to win and get his numbers, while doing what he wants to do which is shooting mid-range jumpers off a nice pass.

LaMarcus partly left Portland because Lilliard was getting the headlines over him. What's happening here? He's wallowing in the Spurs team-focused mire and Kawhi is 2nd in MVP votes 2 years in a row.
I bet he feels like upping his focus on defense is justice enough that he is a team player. Like that's some sacrifice, but it's what Pop demands, not asks for.

LaMarcus didn't sign on for this (he thought) and actually he got the benefit of the doubt on O. Pop let him be him. Begged him to be him. And now Pop is taking the reigns and he no rikey.

LMA is going to be the starting 5 and split those minutes with Pau as he comes off the bench and LMA shifts to the 4 for a bit, before sitting.

We'll see how it all goes.

Unless PATFO do something about the skewed roster they have currently, I absolutely expect LMA to be the starting 5. But I am still uncertain about who will be starting at PF and PG (at least until Tony's return). I believe that Pop will be experimenting with both Kyle and Rudy to see which performs better with the starters and which with the second unit. But I guess I expect Patty to start at PG, despite the fact that everyone knows how Pop would love to keep him with the second unit (and Manu). But I just can't bring myself to believe Pop will actually go with Forbes, White or Dijon as a starting PG. Maybe one of them will distinguish himself enough in training camp and pre-season to get a tentative nod from Pop...

tonight...you
07-19-2017, 06:03 PM
Unless PATFO do something about the skewed roster they have currently, I absolutely expect LMA to be the starting 5. But I am still uncertain about who will be starting at PF and PG (at least until Tony's return). I believe that Pop will be experimenting with both Kyle and Rudy to see which performs better with the starters and which with the second unit. But I guess I expect Patty to start at PG, despite the fact that everyone knows how Pop would love to keep him with the second unit (and Manu). But I just can't bring myself to believe Pop will actually go with Forbes, White or Dijon as a starting PG. Maybe one of them will distinguish himself enough in training camp and pre-season to get a tentative nod from Pop...
This is good shit to watch, right? The intrigue? What they gon' do? Could the Beautiful Game be coming back? Is this something different?

I expect a more heavy emphasis, in the beginning, on passing and some games may be lost, due to TO's, but I can see them trying it.
Rudy's starting position, I think, depends on how he moves within practices during training camp.

He could start at the 4, but I'm sure Pop wants to look at Kyle there and Rudy taking tons of minutes at both the 4 and 3. Maybe even weirder situations with multiple SF's and SG's on the floor at the same time.

Vee Shall Zee.

sasaint
07-19-2017, 06:13 PM
This is good shit to watch, right? The intrigue? What they gon' do? Could the Beautiful Game be coming back? Is this something different?

I expect a more heavy emphasis, in the beginning, on passing and some games may be lost, due to TO's, but I can see them trying it.
Rudy's starting position, I think, depends on how he moves within practices during training camp.

He could start at the 4, but I'm sure Pop wants to look at Kyle there and Rudy taking tons of minutes at both the 4 and 3. Maybe even weirder situations with multiple SF's and SG's on the floor at the same time.

Vee Shall Zee.

How Rudy's Achilles' tendon seems to hold up in training camp etc., will be absolutely critical to his position, playing time, and ultimately - our season. Assuming he is good to go, I can see Pop playing him primarily as the starting 4 to be the sidekick Kawhi currently lacks. Otoh, I could see Pop using him as the #1 gun on the second unit. If you assume a second unit of Mills, Manu, Bertans, Rudy and Pau, that is a lot of fire power. With Manu and Pau as good playmakers, and Mills and Bertans as spacers, Rudy could really kill second units in the paint and with his mid-range game.

tonight...you
07-19-2017, 06:17 PM
How Rudy's Achilles' tendon seems to hold up in training camp etc., will be absolutely critical to his position, playing time, and ultimately - our season. Assuming he is good to go, I can see Pop playing him primarily as the starting 4 to be the sidekick Kawhi currently lacks. Otoh, I could see Pop using him as the #1 gun on the second unit. If you assume a second unit of Mills, Manu, Bertans, Rudy and Pau, that is a lot of fire power. With Manu and Pau as good playmakers, and Mills and Bertans as spacers, Rudy could really kill second units in the paint and with his mid-range game.
Right-oh, me boy-oh. Right-oh.

TD 21
07-19-2017, 06:36 PM

There's zero chance both Gasol and Gay come off the bench. They'll probably split a starting position, with the former starting more often than not and the latter starting in specific match-ups (Warriors, Rockets, maybe Celtics, Bucks, etc.). I'll believe Spurs permanently starting one traditional big and Aldridge primarily playing C, when I see it.

PG probably comes down to Murray and Forbes. Think they'd prefer to start Murray and keep Mills with the bench, but if Forbes is clearly more worthy of a rotation spot than Murray, Mills probably starts, with Forbes taking his role off the bench.

sasaint
07-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Right-oh, me boy-oh. Right-oh.

And yeah, I think Pop will try to infuse some more ball movement into the offense. At least I hope so. But as a few posters have documented well and graphically, whatever our offense looks like this season, we HAVE to have a few guys who are willing and effective pick-setters for it to really work.

sasaint
07-19-2017, 06:55 PM
There's zero chance both Gasol and Gay come off the bench. They'll probably split a starting position, with the former starting more often than not and the latter starting in specific match-ups (Warriors, Rockets, maybe Celtics, Bucks, etc.). I'll believe Spurs permanently starting one traditional big and Aldridge primarily playing C, when I see it.

PG probably comes down to Murray and Forbes. Think they'd prefer to start Murray and keep Mills with the bench, but if Forbes is clearly more worthy of a rotation spot than Murray, Mills probably starts, with Forbes taking his role off the bench.

We shall see. But if you are right, and Pop returns Pau to the starting unit we will have a questionable group of bench "bigs" just like the last few years before Pop had the epiphany to move Pau to the bench. I bet Pau is a fixture on the bench, where he can be a pretty good anchor and have an opportunity to shine against other bench bigs. I bet Pop is moving away. from his two-bigs obsession and trying a one-big lineup.

tonight...you
07-19-2017, 07:01 PM
And yeah, I think Pop will try to infuse some more ball movement into the offense. At least I hope so. But as a few posters have documented well and graphically, whatever our offense looks like this season, we HAVE to have a few guys who are willing and effective pick-setters for it to really work.
Which was probably why Joff was acquired- to set picks and I think Pop is telling LMA to set better picks for more than the pop'nShot.
Good Picks set up an entire play with multiple options.

We could see that this season. I hope...

#BRINGBACK'14

sasaint
07-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Which was probably why Joff was acquired- to set picks and I think Pop is telling LMA to set better picks for more than the pop'nShot.
Good Picks set up an entire play with multiple options.

We could see that this season. I hope...

#BRINGBACK'14

I haven't seen enough of Joff to know if he is good at setting picks. I hope so. And I hope Pop's telling LMA that he WOULD set good picks this season was a cause of his discontent... I think LMA figured out that lazy pick-setting was a good way to get that initial pass from the PG, thereby ensuring himself of a certain number of touches and shot opportunities with no regard for how that bogged down the remaining progressions of the offense - what you'd expect from a player who is selfish and has a low BBIQ.

tonight...you
07-19-2017, 07:14 PM
I haven't seen enough of Joff to know if he is good at setting picks. I hope so. And I hope Pop's telling LMA that he WOULD set good picks this season was a cause of his discontent... I think LMA figured out that lazy pick-setting was a good way to get that initial pass from the PG, thereby ensuring himself of a certain number of touches and shot opportunities with no regard for how that bogged down the remaining progressions of the offense - what you'd expect from a player who is selfish and has a low BBIQ.
I don't think he was being lazy in his pick-setting, but what LMA was setting trying to get himself ready was for an easy release from the pick for a Pop.

He needs to set a strong and hard pick that sets up both a pop and a dive.
And, of course, dive- upon occasion so that other team can respect that aspect of his game.

That would be kind of nice.

cutewizard
07-19-2017, 07:14 PM
I just hope that Lamarcus applies himself,

pride man, have some pride

TD 21
07-19-2017, 07:20 PM
We shall see. But if you are right, and Pop returns Pau to the starting unit we will have a questionable group of bench "bigs" just like the last few years before Pop had the epiphany to move Pau to the bench. I bet Pau is a fixture on the bench, where he can be a pretty good anchor and have an opportunity to shine against other bench bigs. I bet Pop is moving away. from his two-bigs obsession and trying a one-big lineup.

Hopefully I am wrong. Not only would they probably be better off starting Gay, but the trickle-down effect would be Bertans having significantly better odds of being a rotation player.

I will say: Pop clearly tried to split Aldridge-Gasol as much as possible in the 2nd half of the season, before re-uniting them by default in the playoffs, essentially concluding that if they were going down, they were going down playing their best players together, even if 2 of the 3 weren't playing like it. Now, depending on how quickly and effectively Gay can bounce back, they could have a legit alternative.

tonight...you
07-19-2017, 07:20 PM
I just hope that Lamarcus applies himself,

pride man, have some pride
You ever gained a multi-million dollar contract? Pride can easily fly out the door and get into your head: I got this far. I did this. This is me.

Pride? He has it, but it's different, due to personal and cultural things that affect him on a personal level.
His pride seems to be on a level that pains both a personal and team level, with an emphasis on personal.

Not everybody is built like Timmy and Manu. Where they just want to win... Those days are done baby.

Now is when RC and Pop. in his last years, have to do some real work. There are no more built-in cheat codes, other than respect for Pop which only gets some players, like Rudy Gay, but not as many as we hope.

skulls138
07-19-2017, 08:06 PM
In a way he needs to relax more than anything. I think hes got the info of what he needs to do but hes pressuring himself too much. Too much pressure IMO is whats making chuck those fadeaways, its the fastest way to get rid of the ball.

As i said, i think hes a better backer downer and passer than he normally shows, ive seen it. Its got to become normal for him while playing within the team concept, no easy task.

Skoobz
07-19-2017, 09:20 PM
:wakeup Dude is such a mangina :bobo

Stabula
07-19-2017, 11:19 PM

spurspokesman
07-19-2017, 11:26 PM
HBD LA . I'll be pulling for him as long as he's a Spur

ceperez
07-20-2017, 08:04 AM
Hope LMA gifts the Spurs with a nice trade for himself!!

Best of luck giving the Spurs some much needed talent!!!

Thanks!!

LkrFan
07-22-2017, 09:01 PM

:lol

Dverde
07-22-2017, 10:03 PM
Dirk had to dig deep to get that title, LMA needs to take a page from him.

skulls138
07-23-2017, 01:37 AM
I couldnt agree with you more. Dirk is naturally a shooter but busts his balls on his weaknesses, LMA tries to be like Dirk so be doesnt have to battle down low, which hes better than he tries