PDA

View Full Version : ESPN survey ranks Peyton ahead of Elway and Montana

Quadzilla99
07-19-2017, 12:21 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20096209/nfl-coaches-execs-rank-best-quarterbacks-modern-era-2017

How how underrated is Montana at this point? If Leonard Marshall hadnt destroyed his back and elbow he probably ends up with five Super Bowls and at least one or two more MVPs considering he was back to back MVP at that point. Plus you know he wasn't like .500 in the playoffs like forehead

leemajors
07-19-2017, 01:45 PM
he was pretty impressive with that donut on his elbow, too. that shit was gross.

Avante
07-19-2017, 02:49 PM
Grew up watching John Unitas, so.....

1.Tom Brady Michigan
2.Joe Montana ND
3.Peyton Manning Tennessee
4.Dan Marino Pitt
5.John Elway Stanford
6.Brett Favre So Miss
7.Drew Brees Purdue
8.Fran Tarkenton Georgia
9.John Unitas Louisville
10.Otto Graham Northwestern

johnsmith
07-20-2017, 09:46 PM
Manning couldn't hold Elways jock....Elway was all clutch.

spurraider21
07-20-2017, 09:53 PM
good thing TD carried him to a couple rings to salvage his legacy

in his 2 superbowl "wins" he completed a combined 58% of his passes for 1 TD and 2 INT's. and he totally shit the bed in the 80's when they made it far, and his numbers were pretty mediocre during that decade as well.

Robz4000
07-20-2017, 11:55 PM
:lmao

Avante
07-21-2017, 12:33 AM
Manning couldn't hold Elways jock....Elway was all clutch.

Career numbers

Elway

comp %...56.9
Manning............65.3

TD/INT....Elway 300/226
Manning.........................539/251

4000 yard season....Elway 1
Manning....................................14 and a 5000 yd season

QB Rating...Elway 79.9
Manning........................96.5

Elways never had a 100 QB rating season, his best......93.0.
Manning had a half dozen or so, his best...............................121.1

Elway wouldn't make a zit on the butt of Peyton Manning.

johnsmith
07-21-2017, 07:48 AM
Stats don't matter, Manning is half an Elway. Who'd you rather have in crunch time? You're only allowed to respond if you actually watched Elways career too!

johnsmith
07-21-2017, 07:49 AM
good thing TD carried him to a couple rings to salvage his legacy

in his 2 superbowl "wins" he completed a combined 58% of his passes for 1 TD and 2 INT's. and he totally shit the bed in the 80's when they made it far, and his numbers were pretty mediocre during that decade as well.

Why did you put quotes around the word "wins"? I mean, he definitely was part of those winning teams. Seems silly.

Clipper Nation
07-21-2017, 08:29 AM
If Elway had those mega-stacked Colts teams, he'd have never lost.

Kim Jong-il
07-21-2017, 08:38 AM
:lol Tony Dungy rated Brady at #6 and Montana somewhere between 7 to 10. No bias there I'm sure.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Manning Shits all over that faggot Elway

monosylab1k
07-21-2017, 11:05 AM

Manning's two titles are way more giftwrapped than Elway's. Elway at least had to somewhat work for his rings.

Clipper Nation
07-21-2017, 11:26 AM
:lol Peyton needed Elway to carry him to another role player ring before he retired, though.

Chucho
07-21-2017, 01:09 PM
The rings argument in football is moot. 21 other starters have a say in who gets rings. WAAAAAYYYYYY too many variables to gauge success based on rings. If Peyton had a D in Indy even 50% of the time he was there, he gets another ring or two. Let alone if the Pats didn't have a sketchy history of cheating (fair conjecture that most of their cheating wasn't caught) and he goes down as the greatest QB of all time.

monosylab1k
07-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Peyton had top 10 defenses for most of his career. The idea that he was carrying the worst defense in the league every year is the biggest fake news in sports.

And of you average it out over the course of their careers, statistically Peyton had better defenses than Brady.

Avante
07-21-2017, 09:35 PM
Stats don't matter, Manning is half an Elway. Who'd you rather have in crunch time? You're only allowed to respond if you actually watched Elways career too!

I live in Cali, saw most of his Stanford games (tv) and tons of his Bronco games. Peyton Manning is a better QB. No even a real debate.

Avante
07-21-2017, 09:37 PM
If Elway had those mega-stacked Colts teams, he'd have never lost.

You have me totally convinced you know..0..about football.

Avante
07-21-2017, 09:40 PM

Another cat who knows football, a rare sight here.

Avante
07-21-2017, 09:45 PM
Some of you are so damn immature with this...I like...are you kidding me? Fuck...well I like...kids play that siliness. I dont...like..Russell Wilson, Joe Montana, I know the ability and only an idiot wouldn't.

Peyton Manning is an incredible QB, he does belong on the Mount Rushmore of QB's. John Elway......hahahaha~~~~~~~~

Blake
07-21-2017, 10:24 PM
Some of you are so damn immature with this...I like...are you kidding me? Fuck...well I like...kids play that siliness. I dont...like..Russell Wilson, Joe Montana, I know the ability and only an idiot wouldn't.

Peyton Manning is an incredible QB, he does belong on the Mount Rushmore of QB's. John Elway......hahahaha~~~~~~~~

Your opinion means shit, fatty

johnsmith
07-21-2017, 10:27 PM
I live in Cali, saw most of his Stanford games (tv) and tons of his Bronco games. Peyton Manning is a better QB. No even a real debate.

You're wrong

Avante
07-21-2017, 11:46 PM
You're wrong

Been into this stuff since 1959, seen them all, ok? I can talk about Broncos you haven't even heard of, trust me. I know football, ok little guy?

John Elway isn't on the same level as Manning, Brady, Marino, Montana. Then we can start the debate, Elway, Unitas, Young, Tarkenton, Brees, Moon, Favre ......ok?

Talk to me about Broncos Frank Tripucka, Billy Joe, Lionel Taylor, I know...who?

johnsmith
07-21-2017, 11:59 PM
Been into this stuff since 1959, seen them all, ok? I can talk about Broncos you haven't even heard of, trust me. I know football, ok little guy?

John Elway isn't on the same level as Manning, Brady, Marino, Montana. Then we can start the debate, Elway, Unitas, Young, Tarkenton, Brees, Moon, Favre ......ok?

Talk to me about Broncos Frank Tripucka, Billy Joe, Lionel Taylor, I know...who?

Lol....wrong again.

Avante
07-22-2017, 12:06 AM
Lol....wrong again.

Are you really this totally out there? Why act like you do guy? Here's a guy who saw the first SB, watched Jim Brown play at Syracuse, and all ya can do is act like some idiot, why?

Get over this....I can be a prick, it's the internet....ok?

ONE MORE TIME

Talk to me about Frank Tripucka, Billy Joe, Lionel Taylor....ok? Hell, remember Rick Upchurch. how's bout Otis Armstrong?

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-22-2017, 01:26 AM
Manning's two titles are way more giftwrapped than Elway's. Davis at least had to somewhat work for his rings.

Fify

DeadlyDynasty
07-23-2017, 06:39 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20096209/nfl-coaches-execs-rank-best-quarterbacks-modern-era-2017

How how underrated is Montana at this point? If Leonard Marshall hadnt destroyed his back and elbow he probably ends up with five Super Bowls and at least one or two more MVPs considering he was back to back MVP at that point. Plus you know he wasn't like .500 in the playoffs like forehead
Montana is still underrated for sure, but that 49ers team would've been baited into a shoot-out with the Bills, and the 1990 Bills were masters at that. I hate that hit cause I loved our chances against SF. I hate Roger Craig more for that inexplicable fumble though...I'm not sure why that fumble is rarely talked about when it comes to all-time playoff chokes/mistakes.

johnsmith
07-25-2017, 09:48 AM
Are you really this totally out there? Why act like you do guy? Here's a guy who saw the first SB, watched Jim Brown play at Syracuse, and all ya can do is act like some idiot, why?

Get over this....I can be a prick, it's the internet....ok?

ONE MORE TIME

Talk to me about Frank Tripucka, Billy Joe, Lionel Taylor....ok? Hell, remember Rick Upchurch. how's bout Otis Armstrong?

Why are you always wrong?

Avante
07-31-2017, 05:07 PM
Why are you always wrong?

Prove I'm wrong, yep...you can't.

Have a poll here or on any football forum asking....

Who was the better QB Peyton or Elway? Let's see who is wrong half pint, ok?

johnsmith
07-31-2017, 06:56 PM
Prove I'm wrong, yep...you can't.

Have a poll here or on any football forum asking....

Who was the better QB Peyton or Elway? Let's see who is wrong half pint, ok?

Aren't you the one that's always telling us that we know nothing? Why would our opinion matter?

Avante
07-31-2017, 08:46 PM
Aren't you the one that's always telling us that we know nothing? Why would our opinion matter?

You totally missed the point.

You said I was wrong.....right? Ok then have a poll...Peyton vs Elway....and you'll see who is wrong, ok?

Dude, go anywhere out there trying to sell Elway being better than Peyton, and it will be.....:rolleyes

Avante
07-31-2017, 08:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000724524/article/tom-brady-joe-montana-head-top-10-quarterbacks-in-nfl-history

Now find me anywhere talking the great QB's that rank Elway over Peyton, come on stupid let's see it.

dirk4mvp
07-31-2017, 10:47 PM
:lmao elway better than Peyton

dirk4mvp
07-31-2017, 10:47 PM
That's some manu>Dirk level shit right there

Big Empty
08-01-2017, 12:15 PM
Grew up watching John Unitas, so.....

1.Tom Brady Michigan
2.Joe Montana ND
3.Peyton Manning Tennessee
4.Dan Marino Pitt
5.John Elway Stanford
6.Brett Favre So Miss
7.Drew Brees Purdue
8.Fran Tarkenton Georgia
9.John Unitas Louisville
10.Otto Graham Northwestern
I cant disagree with this. Almost spot on. but Warren Moon should be in bottom here