PDA

View Full Version : TMZ: Chester Bennington commits suicide

Big Empty
07-20-2017, 01:17 PM
He hung himself smh. RIP

http://wtkr.com/2017/07/20/tmz-report-chester-bennington-of-linkin-park-commits-suicide/

LOS ANGELES – Chester Bennington, the lead singer of the rock band Linkin Park, has committed suicide, according to a report from TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/).
TMZ says Bennington hanged himself inside a home in Palos Verdes Estates in Los Angeles. His body was found Thursday just before 9 a.m. PST.
Bennington was 41-years-old.
This is a developing story.
Stay with News 3 for updates as more information is released.

Chris
07-20-2017, 01:29 PM
Crazy how all these musicians decide to kill themselves after everything they have been given. It's almost like they sold their soul or something.

Leetonidas
07-20-2017, 01:31 PM
Or perhaps money doesn't make everyone happy.

RIP Chester

Big Empty
07-20-2017, 01:32 PM
Crazy how all these musicians decide to kill themselves after everything they have been given. It's almost like they sold their soul or something.

drugs/alcohol and chemical imbalance is the only explanation. Hell if I was rich with no bills I cant imagine how much more fun and comfortable life would be. Yet you have people that have all the material things in the world and it still isn't enough

Reck
07-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Damn. RIP

Probably had a terminal illness.

Kyle Orton
07-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Crrrraaaaawwwwwllling in my skiiiiiiiiin

etc

NASpurs
07-20-2017, 01:39 PM
In the end it doesn't even matter, tbh.

RIP

td4mvp2k
07-20-2017, 01:55 PM
:cry

spurraider21
07-20-2017, 01:56 PM
it's like he had become so numb

Robz4000
07-20-2017, 01:58 PM
He tried so hard and got so far...

Adam Lambert
07-20-2017, 02:08 PM
It's almost like they sold their soul or something.

of course youre going with the satanism/witchcraft angle on this story.

:lmao

Adam Lambert
07-20-2017, 02:09 PM
stone temple pilots is a cursed band apparently

spurraider21
07-20-2017, 02:09 PM
of course youre going with the satanism/witchcraft angle on this story.

why else do you think ronnie james dio got cancer?

monosylab1k
07-20-2017, 02:11 PM
He made some pretty shitty music, but RIP all the same.

Bynumite
07-20-2017, 02:13 PM
I guess he finally reached the edge and broke.

Spurminator
07-20-2017, 02:24 PM
I'm not going to pretend to be a big fan but I'll give him this...

In a 2-3 year period when mainstream rock and alternative were at their absolute lowest points in history (2000-2003), when everything on the radio was absolute irredeemable horseshit, he probably had the best voice of anyone getting airplay. There was no one else around getting into that upper register with any melody. I don't know if that's as much an endorsement of his talent, or if he was just an exception to the garbage on the radio at the time, but it definitely cut through. R.I.P.

07-20-2017, 02:29 PM

spurraider21
07-20-2017, 02:46 PM
i think linkin park was actually quite good up until the time they got the gig to make the music for transformers, at which point everything became very vanilla and formulaic with them

spurraider21
07-20-2017, 02:48 PM
odd that he chose hanging instead of trying to bleed it out

Chris
07-20-2017, 02:58 PM
I bought Meteora in my early 20's but I didn't like any of their stuff before or after. Meteora has little to no replay value now imo.

apalisoc_9
07-20-2017, 03:07 PM
it's like he had become so numb

:lol

apalisoc_9
07-20-2017, 03:08 PM
He tried so hard and got so far...

UZER
07-20-2017, 03:24 PM
i think linkin park was actually quite good up until the time they got the gig to make the music for transformers, at which point everything became very vanilla and formulaic with them

Sounds like Transformers in general.

pookenstein
07-20-2017, 03:30 PM
Probably heard some of LPs newest albums for the first time sober/clean.

Kim Jong-il
07-20-2017, 03:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsJMnnKgNjg

Adam Lambert
07-20-2017, 03:35 PM
CRAAAAAWWWWWWsroads
CRAAAAAWWWWWWsroads

Avante
07-20-2017, 03:46 PM
Linkin Park one of the better shit bands. How the music world allowed this talent spiral..???

Sad that world is so $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

redzero
07-20-2017, 03:48 PM
15 years ago, I would have cared. Now? Who gives a shit about this hack?

SpursforSix
07-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Today was Chris Cornell's birthday also.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-20-2017, 04:31 PM
why else do you think ronnie james dio got cancer?

45 years of smoking and drugs?

UNT Eagles 2016
07-20-2017, 04:33 PM

New Divide era was still pretty damn good, but the third one/a thousand suns onward was very vanilla.

DisAsTerBot
07-20-2017, 04:34 PM

UNT Eagles 2016
07-20-2017, 04:35 PM
But LP's stuff from 2000-2009 will live forever in glory. Chester inspired me to sing his songs and tenor rock singing in general especially around early to mid-late 2013. I had loved LP since 2008 but couldn't get enough of LP in 2012-2013. This news is fucking awful. Chester was one of my very favorites and musical idols. Fuck it.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-20-2017, 04:35 PM
Today was Chris Cornell's birthday also.

Cornell was a mentor and close friend to Chester, so this happening today was likely on purpose.

InRareForm
07-20-2017, 04:36 PM
Hybrid theory was great

The Gemini Method
07-20-2017, 04:41 PM
I'm holding on, why is everything so heavy? R.I.P Chester

Big Empty
07-20-2017, 04:42 PM
But LP's stuff from 2000-2009 will live forever in glory. Chester inspired me to sing his songs and tenor rock singing in general especially around early to mid-late 2013. I had loved LP since 2008 but couldn't get enough of LP in 2012-2013. This news is fucking awful. Chester was one of my very favorites and musical idols. Fuck it.I feel you bro. Ironically my favorite artist is STP as you can see by name. Sucked when Weiland passed. Chester killed it when I seen him peform with STP

JMarkJohns
07-20-2017, 04:48 PM

This. I hated LP in high school. All my friends loved Hybrid a theory and I fucking hated it.

Wouldn't wish suicide on any family. It's awful. The reach impacts each member for as long as they remain alive. I have a cousin who dad was an addict-turned-sober4decade-turned-addict who killed himself and the cousin is royally fucked up from his dad's shit, but can't forgive himself for not seeing this was coming.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-20-2017, 04:50 PM
Hybrid theory was great

Hybrid Theory through the "New Divide" single was great. Everything after was mediocre.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-20-2017, 04:52 PM
I feel you bro. Ironically my favorite artist is STP as you can see by name. Sucked when Weiland passed. Chester killed it when I seen him peform with STP

fuck drugs and why do people always have to kill themself

The Gemini Method
07-20-2017, 04:56 PM
fuck drugs and why do people always have to kill themself I wonder if the need to be on top in fame, makes one hit that elaborate lifestyle of drugs and alcohol. But then again, I knew of 2 people that killed themselves for differing reasons or for what can be construed as such. Depression, whether drug induced or not, is a fucking monster. I had to do one of my research courses as a volunteer at a hotline and the things I'd hear would drive even the hardest person to question life. I wasn't the biggest LP fan, I liked Hybrid and their songs are fun at Karaoke if you don't know how to sing, so even the music has stopped it's still tragic.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-20-2017, 07:19 PM
I wonder if the need to be on top in fame, makes one hit that elaborate lifestyle of drugs and alcohol. But then again, I knew of 2 people that killed themselves for differing reasons or for what can be construed as such. Depression, whether drug induced or not, is a fucking monster. I had to do one of my research courses as a volunteer at a hotline and the things I'd hear would drive even the hardest person to question life. I wasn't the biggest LP fan, I liked Hybrid and their songs are fun at Karaoke if you don't know how to sing, so even the music has stopped it's still tragic.
Huh? I disagree wholeheartedly with that comment. Unless you mean half-assing it and singing an octave too low? Their songs require talent to emulate, especially because you're often emulating both Chester and Mike Shinoda's parts.

Meaning you have to be able to rap (e.g., sing/talk fast and accurate -- Shinoda excelled at this in LP and LP's hip hop satellite band, Fort Minor) AND sing high tenor passaggio notes using your chest voice (no falsetto crap) which was Chester's specialty. That's a talent that's not so easy to replace and while LP will never find another Chester, let's do hope they hire someone competent at that skill and singing passionate tenor in general. Like me?

Xevious
07-20-2017, 07:31 PM

In a 2-3 year period when mainstream rock and alternative were at their absolute lowest points in history (2000-2003), when everything on the radio was absolute irredeemable horseshit, he probably had the best voice of anyone getting airplay. There was no one else around getting into that upper register with any melody. I don't know if that's as much an endorsement of his talent, or if he was just an exception to the garbage on the radio at the time, but it definitely cut through. R.I.P.
He sounded like he sang through his nose. He sucked, the whole band did. Plus they were getting airplay along with other hacks like Nickelback while mainstream rock was in its death spiral. Not that it's their fault music went to shit, but they didn't help either.

RIP though.

The Gemini Method
07-20-2017, 07:32 PM
Huh? I disagree wholeheartedly with that comment. Unless you mean half-assing it and singing an octave too low? Their songs require talent to emulate, especially because you're often emulating both Chester and Mike Shinoda's parts.

Meaning you have to be able to rap (e.g., sing/talk fast and accurate -- Shinoda excelled at this in LP and LP's hip hop satellite band, Fort Minor) AND sing high tenor passaggio notes using your chest voice (no falsetto crap) which was Chester's specialty. That's a talent that's not so easy to replace and while LP will never find another Chester, let's do hope they hire someone competent at that skill and singing passionate tenor in general. Like me? Well, i'm not sure if you're attempting to garner fame with karaoke, but if you have someone that can rap and hit the range--and realize it is all in fun, then sure. I'm not saying that to disrespect what Chester or Mike did. I've met Mike. Very gracious dude. So I'm just saying why not have fun?

RGMCSE
07-20-2017, 07:40 PM

I know now that this will sound like some old geezer shit but the 90s was the last great decade for rock/r&b and gangsta hard core rap. The 2000s were mediocre and the 10s I would say is the age of the BpM djs.

Xevious
07-20-2017, 07:46 PM
I know now that this will sound like some old geezer shit but the 90s was the last great decade for rock/r&b and gangsta hard core rap. The 2000s were mediocre and the 10s I would say is the age of the BpM djs.
Absolutely. You have to dig deep to find anything worth a shit nowadays... and it ain't on the radio.

Clipper Nation
07-20-2017, 07:46 PM
:lol Did someone just say Mike Shinoda "excelled" at rapping? Go listen to Reanimation, the Jay-Z mashup album or the track they did with Rakim. He sounded like a joke compared to actual MCs.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-20-2017, 07:47 PM
Well, i'm not sure if you're attempting to garner fame with karaoke, but if you have someone that can rap and hit the range--and realize it is all in fun, then sure. I'm not saying that to disrespect what Chester or Mike did. I've met Mike. Very gracious dude. So I'm just saying why not have fun?
Well if it's a busy warm friday/saturday night, or at least warm on the inside of the place, it can get you laid for the night. Yeah I'm not trying to be perfect but I did do a pretty damn... well perfect... Chester job back in September 2013 at a UNT karaoke with a bunch of people and girls watching.

It kind of got me famous in that little community for awhile. The secret ingredients to both high range and rapping are heat and stress.

Run back and forth in the hot, 100+ degree Texas heat from your dorm hall clear across campus twice to find your lost keys, because that's what I did. I did find them. And I stepped into the karaoke in the nearby cafeteria hall and LP - Numb was playing. It was a scorching Wednesday afternoon in mid-late September, 2013. The karaoke was like 2-3 songs in. Song had just started as I walked it. The mic was on the table, nobody seemed to volunteer to do that song. That was my favorite song that year... I ran to the mic and picked it up.

The rest was history. Sweaty and all, I aced the song. The two girls I liked were there eating chicken and rolls, they didn't like me that way but even they were impressed. But one of their distant friends, Morgan, who had a nicer physique than those two, really liked my performance A LOT. So I got her number that day and that Friday night we saw a movie together and I took her back to my private dorm and we sexed. Then we agreed to just be friends the next day and we never really hung out much after that except sometimes to play basketball, yes she was a basketball player. But regardless. It was a fun time, LP got me laid with a sexy basketball playing black girl and it might not have been the only time LP helped get me laid.

Long story I know, but LP is a part of my heart in many ways which makes today's news totally heartbreaking to me. Congrats on meeting Mike he seems like the more stable dude. His dad is Japanese. He seems like a badass mastermind type that could save 12 black guys from a drug addiction and wouldn't even dream of killing himself or gambling away his money. Rap star or not, he's got his head on straight. It's too bad he couldn't have been there to save Chester. Damn it.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-20-2017, 07:58 PM
I liked how he perfectly pronounced every word and syllable in his raps.
Hybrid theory was catchy at the time but let's admit it that band was for high schoolers who liked catchy radio made commercial hits.
rip tho.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-20-2017, 08:18 PM
Hybrid theory was catchy at the time but let's admit it that band was for high schoolers who liked catchy radio made commercial hits.
rip tho.
Mike Shinoda's raps?

Aztecfan03
07-21-2017, 02:15 AM
Those wounds, they will not heal.

Chucho
07-21-2017, 12:10 PM
Those wounds, they will not heal.

There's no wounds, fool. It's a snapped neck. And of course it won't heal. He's dead.

07-21-2017, 12:14 PM
Was his name really Chester though? That's a fucking terrible name tbh :lol

Chucho
07-21-2017, 12:19 PM

He went by "Chaz" all through public school...and got beaten mercilessly by bullies.

spurraider21
07-21-2017, 03:03 PM
its my dogs name... so i've been seeing "RIP Chester" posts for the past couple days and getting tripped out :lol

monosylab1k
07-21-2017, 04:10 PM
:lol Did someone just say Mike Shinoda "excelled" at rapping? Go listen to Reanimation, the Jay-Z mashup album or the track they did with Rakim. He sounded like a joke compared to actual MCs.

Yeah, he's barely a tick above Fred Durst in rapping ability. You have to know jack shit about hip hop to think Mike Shinoda is anything but a joke.

Aztecfan03
07-22-2017, 12:48 AM
There's no wounds, fool. It's a snapped neck. And of course it won't heal. He's dead.

IDK. Are you sure?

Xevious
07-22-2017, 03:18 AM

TDCjw0TKQ8E

David Stern
07-22-2017, 11:17 PM
rip tho.

You obviously didn't listen to A Thousand Suns or Living Things.

UZER
07-23-2017, 10:37 AM
You obviously didn't listen to A Thousand Suns or Living Things.

"Evening.... coommissionerrrr"

DeadlyDynasty
07-23-2017, 09:05 PM
Probably going to end up as a Carradine/Hutchence deal when the dust settles

SpursforSix
07-23-2017, 09:08 PM
Probably going to end up as a Carradine/Hutchence deal when the dust settles

What a strange way to have celebrated Cornell's birthday.

DMC
07-24-2017, 04:04 AM
Or perhaps money doesn't make everyone happy.

RIP Chester

It's not the money, but the fame. When they start facing the "ordinary world", they often cannot re-enter successfully, for whatever reason. Usually artists are fucked up mentally anyhow, and great (good) singers with some fame are treated like gods. That fall from grace must really suck.

Chucho
07-24-2017, 10:24 AM
Yeah, he's barely a tick above Fred Durst in rapping ability. You have to know jack shit about hip hop to think Mike Shinoda is anything but a joke.

His beats are ok, although he takes his sampling mantra from Diddy.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-24-2017, 03:59 PM

He sings with his chest, not with his head falsetto crap. That name made a whole lot of fucking sense imo.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-24-2017, 04:01 PM
Comparing white rappers to black rappers (Shinoda is Asian, but he counts as white) is like comparing apples to durians.

DAF86
07-24-2017, 04:22 PM
I loved Linkin Park during my teenage years.

Now I understand all those lyrics about molestation, tbh.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-24-2017, 04:53 PM
I loved Linkin Park during my teenage years.

Let 'vante get a hold of you, eh?

DAF86
07-24-2017, 05:39 PM
Let 'vante get a hold of you, eh?

I'm supposing you are trying to make a joke about Avante and molestation, but I still don't quite get you son, tbh.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-25-2017, 01:40 AM
I'm supposing you are trying to make a joke about Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483) and molestation, but I still don't quite get you son, tbh.

I'm a huge LP fan. Pissed off about this, man.

DAF86
07-25-2017, 12:16 PM
I'm a huge LP fan. Pissed off about this, man.

My bad son. :lol

rEgUlaToR!!!!!
07-25-2017, 05:35 PM

Yah he's not even as good a lyrcologist as Eminem.

mingus
07-25-2017, 07:59 PM
It's not the money, but the fame. When they start facing the "ordinary world", they often cannot re-enter successfully, for whatever reason. Usually artists are fucked up mentally anyhow, and great (good) singers with some fame are treated like gods. That fall from grace must really suck.

I don't know if it's the fall from grace or if it's the realization that being famous & being treated like a god is a joke & w/ ease of access to drugs & all sorts of lewdness at their disposal, doesn't fix problems the person maybe hadn't dealt w/ pre-fame (in his case drug abuse, depression & sexual abuse). That lifestyle is probably pretty cool initially but after a few years it loses its novelty & you're still stuck w/ your problems.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-25-2017, 09:55 PM
I don't know if it's the fall from grace or if it's the realization that being famous & being treated like a god is a joke & w/ ease of access to drugs & all sorts of lewdness at their disposal, doesn't fix problems the person maybe hadn't dealt w/ pre-fame (in his case drug abuse, depression & sexual abuse). That lifestyle is probably pretty cool initially but after a few years it loses its novelty & you're still stuck w/ your problems.
but you don't kill yourself as a mature 40 year old just because you were doggy styled on as a boy, eh?

mingus
07-25-2017, 11:10 PM
but you don't kill yourself as a mature 40 year old just because you were doggy styled on as a boy, eh?

Read up on how childhood trauma like that fucks w/ the brain's development, causes malformities in critical regions of the brain. You're making light of something that is very serious.

DMC
07-26-2017, 12:57 AM

And you see Steven Tyler or Keith Richards and realize what you're in for if you live long enough.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-27-2017, 11:29 AM
Went to a show Sunday night and the singer shouted "RIP Chester Bennington" and most of us in the crowd started booing lol lol lol

DAF86
07-27-2017, 01:39 PM
Went to a show Sunday night and the singer shouted "RIP Chester Bennington" and most of us in the crowd started booing lol lol lol

Wow, you are so edgy.

Fabbs
08-29-2017, 11:43 PM
Is "Breaking the Habit" about committing suicide?

SpursforSix
08-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Is "Breaking the Habit" about committing suicide?

No. It's about Bennington's old girlfriend in high school who had an eating disorder.

Fabbs
08-30-2017, 10:06 AM
No. It's about Bennington's old girlfriend in high school who had an eating disorder.
I don't think so, Porks.
What do you base your girlfriend thought on?

I'll paint it on the walls
'Cause I'm the one at fault
I'll never fight again
And this is how it ends

SpursforSix
08-30-2017, 10:16 AM
I don't think so, Porks.
What do you base your girlfriend thought on?

I'll paint it on the walls
'Cause I'm the one at fault
I'll never fight again
And this is how it ends

"paint it on the walls"

Talking about vomit. But also equating that with her pain. Anyone that walks it will see walls covered in vomit. But to her, it's her way of expressing the pain and displaying it.

"how it ends"

Talking about the pain cycle. She let's it build up inside of her until she makes herself vomit. She feels better for a short while. But inevitably, the pain will build up again.

Fabbs
08-30-2017, 10:30 AM
"paint it on the walls"

Talking about vomit. But also equating that with her pain. Anyone that walks it will see walls covered in vomit. But to her, it's her way of expressing the pain and displaying it.

"how it ends"

Talking about the pain cycle. She let's it build up inside of her until she makes herself vomit. She feels better for a short while. But inevitably, the pain will build up again.
feasible indeed on both counts.
But painting the walls could also be splatter.
And how it "ENDs" could mean permanent end.

SpursforSix
08-30-2017, 11:03 AM
feasible indeed on both counts.
But painting the walls could also be splatter.
And how it "ENDs" could mean permanent end.

Maybe...but the line "I have no options left again", implies that it's a cycle. Ergo, eating disorder.

But that's the beauty of music. Each person can take away something different.

MultiTroll
08-30-2017, 11:03 PM
Maybe...but the line "I have no options left again", implies that it's a cycle. Ergo, eating disorder.

But that's the beauty of music. Each person can take away something different.
How about choosing the same date as purported friend and also lead singer Chris Cornells birthday.

SpursforSix
08-31-2017, 10:48 AM
How about choosing the same date as purported friend and also lead singer Chris Cornells birthday.

He didn't have a choice. It had to fall in line with Illuminati dates and symbolism. Whether he did it himself, or was coerced, or murdered.

Fabbs
08-31-2017, 10:57 AM
He didn't have a choice. It had to fall in line with Illuminati dates and symbolism. Whether he did it himself, or was coerced, or murdered.
You mean something akin to the Kardashian pigs getting pregnant, then not so mysteriously we never see the baby?
Example the cow who got pregnant from Lamar Odom (and who knows how many other black ballers.) Was Odoms baby sacrificed to the Illuminati gods who control Big Entertainment?

SpursforSix
08-31-2017, 11:08 AM
You mean something akin to the Kardashian pigs getting pregnant, then not so mysteriously we never see the baby?
Example the cow who got pregnant from Lamar Odom (and who knows how many other black ballers.) Was Odoms baby sacrificed to the Illuminati gods who control Big Entertainment?

It's complicated and I haven't looked into the Kardashian situation. But yes...things like that.

Millennial_Messiah
01-10-2020, 09:59 PM
monosylab1k

monosylab1k
01-10-2020, 09:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsJMnnKgNjg

Spurtacular
01-11-2020, 10:00 PM
This is the one people should be talking about. Stuff getting buried.

FrostKing
01-12-2020, 04:03 AM
https://youtu.be/zsCD5XCu6CM

Spurtacular
12-11-2020, 12:14 PM
https://gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/060/598/804/original/5a27e68d860c2985.jpeg

spurraider21
12-11-2020, 01:40 PM
:lol invoking RBG after having pissed on her corpse before she was even buried

Millennial_Messiah
12-12-2020, 04:03 PM
26 is an even number, wtf