PDA

View Full Version : And Movie That What Its Rated - ratings scale

SpursforSix
07-26-2017, 11:23 AM
Here is the ratings scale for the new column. Mods, please sticky this thread up top.

Double Box - this indicates a must see movie
No Pee - this indicates a pretty good movie that you wouldn't want to risk a pee break at
Flying Bird - this is a good movie that's worth watching
Bird - this is a good movie but you could wait for DVD or streaming
Vitamin C - average movie that you' don't regret spending the time watching
Picks on the Horizon - average movie that some will like and some won't depending on their preferred genre
WTF China - below average movie that would have been better with different actors or director or story line
Black Toe Sally - bad movie but I sat through it
What's for dinner - a movie that didn't catch my attention in the first 5 minutes (but could be Oscar worthy depending on the rest)
Pooper Magee - terrible movie

07-26-2017, 11:53 AM
Question: is this ratings scale exclusive for movies?

SpursforSix
07-26-2017, 11:57 AM
Question: is this ratings scale exclusive for movies?

Some categories carry over but some do not. And they don't always mean the same thing. For instance, a Flying Bird rating for a movie is fairly positive. However a Flying Bird rating for an album means it's a dud. But a Flying Bird for a particular song means that it's catchy.

I could try to explain the metrics but most wouldn't understand.

Darth_Pelican
07-26-2017, 01:29 PM
:tu Thank you for taking the time to do this. I support your sticky request. I also request the mods lock out Avante from posting in this thread, as he will only ruin it with his pedocentric views and googled lists.

SpursforSix
07-26-2017, 02:38 PM
:tu Thank you for taking the time to do this. I support your sticky request. I also request the mods lock out Avante from posting in this thread, as he will only ruin it with his pedocentric views and googled lists.

You're welcome. But fyi...I'm getting fucked on being able to post an actual review. I put together a review for Dunkirk but the mods combined it with a random Dunkirk thread.

Avante
07-27-2017, 12:08 AM

Stupid, you really haven't noticed?

Avante....who is all that wrapped up in movies to need all that?
Some idiot....pedo
Avante....ah.....this thread is about rating movies...ok?
Some idiot...pedo

It's not Avante stupid, ok?

And.....why would an avid music, football, rasslin', track fan for over 50 years need Google?

SpursforSix
08-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Bump...I'm tired of having to look for this.

Mods, please stick at top