PDA

View Full Version : The Saints Game today...

Kdfelicity
10-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Despite the lonnnnnnnnng ass line in the hot hot sun to get into the Dome, the festivities at the Saints game was top notch.

The tailgate was simply funtastic!!!!

And the game, man if you didn't catch it, you really missed the excitement. WHAT A GAME!!!!

And the support for the Saints was tear-jerking. The Saints got fucked a couple times by the refs.

What a freakin battle and thrill!!! My aversion to the NFL has officially been lifted...

Who else went? What'd yall think of everything??

tw05baller
10-16-2005, 04:30 PM
the penalty on the last second fg was BS

TheWriter
10-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Despite the lonnnnnnnnng ass line in the hot hot sun to get into the Dome

Hot sun? 85 degrees witha nice breeze isn't hot.

But yeah, great time!!

Kdfelicity
10-16-2005, 04:38 PM
the penalty on the last second fg was BS

You're telling me. We should have went into overtime. Bastards....

Michael Vick though, what a freakin football player...I was in awe.

ZStomp
10-16-2005, 04:43 PM
i was there and it was awesome!! I wish more games were here...

TheTruth
10-16-2005, 04:55 PM
i was not fortunate enough to procure a set of tix....i'm very jealous of you guys

Mr. Ash
10-16-2005, 04:58 PM
It was fantastic. I've been to about 40 NFL games (mostly in Houston), and I don't remember having so much fun at one. We parked at the Institute of Texan Cultures at around 11:00, it cost $6 and they had free Taco Cabana fajitas and nachos for everyone. It was fairly crowded inside the dome - almost impossible to acquire a steady supply of beer with the lines 20-30 people long. I think the beer hawker passed us exactly once.

It only took about 15 minutes to get out of downtown, even with everyone leaving at exactly the same time. Great experience, would love to do it 8 times a year.

Mr. Ash
10-16-2005, 05:00 PM
And yeah, that penalty was unreal.

Horry For 3!
10-16-2005, 05:14 PM
Despite the lonnnnnnnnng ass line in the hot hot sun to get into the Dome, the festivities at the Saints game was top notch.

The tailgate was simply funtastic!!!!

And the game, man if you didn't catch it, you really missed the excitement. WHAT A GAME!!!!

And the support for the Saints was tear-jerking. The Saints got fucked a couple times by the refs.

What a freakin battle and thrill!!! My aversion to the NFL has officially been lifted...

Who else went? What'd yall think of everything??
I didn't go but I was on the phone with you for some of the game :lol

HB22inSA
10-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Too bad the NFL won't ever make it to San Antonio for good.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-16-2005, 05:46 PM
I <3 chicks who can go to an NFL game and get excited about it. That is all.

(oh yeah - Saints got screwed)

NameDropper
10-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Too bad the NFL won't ever make it to San Antonio for good.

That's what I've been hearing.

FromWayDowntown
10-16-2005, 06:49 PM

It was a good call. They didn't get screwed.

The Saints lineman wrapped up a Falcons lineman and him out of the way to create a big hole for a Saints kick blocker to run through. That is defensive holding and it has to be called, or else defenders on kicks would just tackle the offensive line and make blocking kicks a fairly easy task.

Horry For 3!
10-16-2005, 07:09 PM

The Saints lineman wrapped up a Falcons lineman and him out of the way to create a big hole for a Saints kick blocker to run through. That is defensive holding and it has to be called, or else defenders on kicks would just tackle the offensive line and make blocking kicks a fairly easy task.
You can't make that call to determine a game when it didn't interupt the kick, so therefore it is a horrible call.

exstatic
10-16-2005, 07:15 PM
All I know is that from the time that Vick ran out of bounds on their last offensive play, there was a 5 yd penalty (in favor of ATL), followed by a missed kick, then another 5 yard penalty(in favor of ATL), and then ATL finally made their kick. I was not impressed by Vick. The defense and special teams scored 14 of their points. ATL hardly moved the ball until the 4th.

Marcus Bryant
10-16-2005, 07:17 PM

Indeed. What if it was offsides instead? Is that excused because the FG attempt missed?

FromWayDowntown
10-16-2005, 07:21 PM
You can't make that call to determine a game when it didn't interupt the kick, so therefore it is a horrible call.

A penalty is a penalty. Should the official have waited and thrown the flag if the guy had blocked the kick?

ZStomp
10-16-2005, 07:26 PM
All I know is that from the time that Vick ran out of bounds on their last offensive play, there was a 5 yd penalty (in favor of ATL), followed by a missed kick, then another 5 yard penalty(in favor of ATL), and then ATL finally made their kick. I was not impressed by Vick. The defense and special teams scored 14 of their points. ATL hardly moved the ball until the 4th.

I have to agree with X here. Vick wasn't all that and a bag of chips.

Kori Ellis
10-16-2005, 07:47 PM
We sat in the very first row in the endzone seats. I'll post a bunch of pictures later. It was awesome. Dunn high fived us after his TD.

Vick had a pretty subpar day but it was a great game.

FromWayDowntown
10-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Vick didn't operate the offense superbly -- at least not until that last drive. But if you watched closely, you saw what makes Vick so remarkable. When he was in trouble -- even with a bad knee -- he was able to make plays with his legs. It was like Vick spent most of the game in about 3rd gear for him, occasionally took it up to 4th gear, and when necessary, got it into 5th and couldn't be stopped by anything other than angles. It would have been nice to see him 100%.

spurs=bling
10-16-2005, 08:05 PM
:makemyday

I envy all of you

ZStomp
10-16-2005, 08:11 PM
:makemyday

I envy all of you

I'll pull a Spurs=bling:

:lol

SequSpur
10-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Great game?

That game ended on a bullshit call. It was a piece of shit, just like Tagliabue and the rest of the NFL.

I feel like I got banged out of 200 bucks on a bullshit call.

The final 2 seconds determined the whole day a shitfest.

I'm pissed.

scott
10-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Great game indeed. I was sitting right above the tunnel - Joe Horn is hilarious. When the Falcons were waiting to come out during introductions, Joe Horn walked out and just stood in the middle of all of them. Of course, then Horn went on to commit 2 penalties and not be heard of again.

Things that sucked about this game: Warrick Dunn's TD that gave him exactly 100 yards will end up killing me in FF this week... (in our league, there is a 5 pt bonus for 100 yards rushing). Oh well.

scott
10-16-2005, 08:34 PM
And oh yeah... it was great to see a full dome.

Horry For 3!
10-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Great game indeed. I was sitting right above the tunnel - Joe Horn is hilarious. When the Falcons were waiting to come out during introductions, Joe Horn walked out and just stood in the middle of all of them. Of course, then Horn went on to commit 2 penalties and not be heard of again.

Things that sucked about this game: Warrick Dunn's TD that gave him exactly 100 yards will end up killing me in FF this week... (in our league, there is a 5 pt bonus for 100 yards rushing). Oh well.
I was wondering if Horn was playing or not, he didn't even get one catch for me :bang

HB22inSA
10-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Great game?

That game ended on a bullshit call. It was a piece of shit, just like Tagliabue and the rest of the NFL.

I feel like I got banged out of 200 bucks on a bullshit call.

The final 2 seconds determined the whole day a shitfest.

I'm pissed.
Hey Sequ, I don't remember you telling anyone about how you were "forced" to buy tickets and waste your Sunday away on a stupid football game.

:lol

Mr Dio
10-16-2005, 09:21 PM
We sat in the very first row in the endzone seats. I'll post a bunch of pictures later. It was awesome. Dunn high fived us after his TD.

Vick had a pretty subpar day but it was a great game.

You did not sit front row!
Do you have any proof? Like say a pic of you harassing young college students in a band? :lol

John T
10-16-2005, 09:43 PM
You did not sit front row!
Do you have any proof? Like say a pic of you harassing young college students in a band? :lol

Hey, everybody in our section gave lots of love to the band geeks! We were in the endzone directly across from Kori and LJ in the 2nd row. Oh, to have had a camera for that last touchdown. The last 10 seconds of the game reminded me of the Spurs game 5 in 2004. Shot goes in, the entire place explodes, strangers giving each other high-fives, jumping up and down, grown men squeeing. And then...stunned silence. But it was an awesome game. And I agree with whoever made the comment about Vick and his feet. You'd think he was left with no options, and then he runs. It was damned annoying!

Carie

tw05baller
10-16-2005, 09:48 PM
pics?

Kdfelicity
10-16-2005, 09:55 PM
I <3 chicks who can go to an NFL game and get excited about it. That is all.

;)

If there was a chick at that game that didn't get excited, she needs a reality check or intervention or both...

I had a ball just in case there was any question...

I was in section 125, row 26, good seats I thought.

And I was speaking of the way Vick moves and gets the first down himself, even with a bad knee...

John T
10-16-2005, 09:56 PM
If you're asking me, no. Because we suck. We forgot our camera and both of our picture phones. We never forget our phones. So not only did we miss out on tons of great pictures, but we had to wait for the announcers to tell us how the other games were going, and I'm not a patient person :)

Carie

TheTruth
10-16-2005, 09:57 PM
They need a better PA system in the dome...

blackbucket
10-16-2005, 10:05 PM
I had an awesome time! It was a great game except for the end. I can just imagine SA having their own team. To do this 8 times a year and root for your own team instead of "sympathy support" for the Saints would be awesome.

Tailgaiting makes the experience complete. We need to start a trend of tailgaiting for Spurs weekend games. The few Spurs games I go to every year, I see the same people (the only ones) tailgaiting. They do it right!