PDA

View Full Version : True or False: Manu will average more than 5 ppg

hater
07-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Is he still capable of making a couple of baskets per game fellas?

What kind of impact would his 5ppg be for us?

Will he have a positive or negative impact on the the team given that each of his points will cost the Spurs about $34,000

Yeah that for one point

So $68,000 per basket

mookie2001
07-26-2017, 03:51 PM
I'd go for total points. All the DNPs will keep his average up.

hater
07-26-2017, 03:54 PM
True assumin he will have his usual injury and rest time it would cost the spurs probably closer to $100,000 per basket :lol

Spurtacular
07-26-2017, 04:04 PM
Ginobili might be the Spurs best guard even if he is older and his minutes are limited.

TheGreatYacht
07-26-2017, 04:07 PM
Over 15 games, I believe he can score 5 points

sananspursfan21
07-26-2017, 04:09 PM
I'd go for total points. All the DNPs will keep his average up.

This. I'll say he finishes where he starts. His "rookie" year, he averaged 7.6 and I say his last season he averages 7.6. Perfect way to go out

hater
07-26-2017, 04:11 PM
This. I'll say he finishes where he starts. His "rookie" year, he averaged 7.6 and I say his last season he averages 7.6. Perfect way to go out

I would agree. but he averaged 7.5 last year. and that was next to a healthy Parker dishing him assist after assist

I am not sure his 40 year old legs could even keep up with that

sananspursfan21
07-26-2017, 04:16 PM
I would agree. but he averaged 7.5 last year. and that was next to a healthy Parker dishing him assist after assist

I am not sure his 40 year old legs could even keep up with that

I thought about that, but we gotta believe in something!!

I stand by my prediction but it could easily be 4.5

Chris
07-26-2017, 04:17 PM
Will he average more turnovers than points is a legitimate question.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-26-2017, 04:28 PM
He better!! Even as a living fossil he's still the 2nd best player on the roster.

TheGreatYacht
07-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Will he average more turnovers than points is a legitimate question.

spurs50_
07-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Hell yeah, you should have Green instead of Manu in the title thread......Manu will easily score more than 5 pts per game and he's coming off the bench....What will Green's excuse be?

hater
07-26-2017, 04:47 PM
if Manu is our best guard then we most likely will not sniff the playoffs?

TimDunkem
07-26-2017, 05:58 PM
Manu still being our best guard is so fucking sad.

Pocho La Pantera
07-26-2017, 07:08 PM
Second best Spur ever.

noles1983
07-26-2017, 07:10 PM
Manu still being our best guard is so fucking sad.

hater
07-26-2017, 07:17 PM
Second best Spur ever.

Manu was better than DRob and Kawhi?

ElNono
07-26-2017, 07:21 PM
He is our best guard, it's fucking sad and we will make the playoffs...

hater
07-26-2017, 07:27 PM

Hope so :tu

But odds of Manu not finishing the season might be a bit higher scenario. Lets hope not

UNT Eagles 2016
07-26-2017, 07:48 PM

52-30?

Phenomanul
07-26-2017, 10:10 PM
58-24

Play Boban
07-26-2017, 10:14 PM
:cry

Play Boban
07-26-2017, 10:14 PM
What's this scrub's new contract tbh?

apalisoc_9
07-26-2017, 10:22 PM
What's this scrub's new contract tbh?

25/2

Play Boban
07-26-2017, 10:25 PM
25/2
:wow

apalisoc_9
07-26-2017, 10:38 PM
:wow

Just kidding mate, was gauging the reaction of spurstalk when Many signs a ridiculous contract. :lol

Ozballer
07-27-2017, 03:09 AM
Is he still capable of making a couple of baskets per game fellas?

What kind of impact would his 5ppg be for us?

Will he have a positive or negative impact on the the team given that each of his points will cost the Spurs about $34,000

Yeah that for one point

So $68,000 per basket

The Spurs should be glad you do not run their finances mate. Do you know the impact of Ginobili on merchandising, marketing royalties, ticket sales, brand equity etc? I'd be surprised if he does not command the highest dollar impact on these categories head to head with Kawhi.

mookie2001
07-27-2017, 06:39 AM
Ya dont you know anything about marmalade?

duncan2k5
07-27-2017, 06:47 AM

Once man, twice a child...

hater
07-27-2017, 07:03 AM
The Spurs should be glad you do not run their finances mate. Do you know the impact of Ginobili on merchandising, marketing royalties, ticket sales, brand equity etc? I'd be surprised if he does not command the highest dollar impact on these categories head to head with Kawhi.

What about the new taco named in honour of Manu? The "alzeimer"

kaji157
07-27-2017, 09:38 AM
I hope he average less, because that means that others have been able to improve their production.

Horse
07-27-2017, 12:14 PM
I dont care if it's 2ppg in the reg season. In the playoffs he was the only vet who even had a pulse other than Kawhi.

hater
07-27-2017, 01:19 PM
I dont care if it's 2ppg in the reg season. In the playoffs he was the only vet who even had a pulse other than Kawhi.

Not in round 1 and 2 tbqh

Round 3 yes. But we got swept :cry

DAF86
07-27-2017, 01:27 PM
Manu will play so so in the regular season and step up in the playoffs, imho.

Spurtacular
07-27-2017, 02:06 PM
This thread is Part II.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191819&highlight=Manu+20+again

SAGirl
07-27-2017, 02:41 PM
Hopefully some young players show up tbh. The narrative Manu was the only one to show up against the warriors is false and he was very bad in the first round and just about mediocre in the 2nd, outside of one Harden block.
Still if the Spurs are winning and Manu isn't scoring much, he will not care, as he has stated that himself. So hopefully others can step up.

Phenomanul
07-27-2017, 06:20 PM
Hopefully some young players show up tbh. The narrative Manu was the only one to show up against the warriors is false and he was very bad in the first round and just about mediocre in the 2nd, outside of one Harden block.
Still if the Spurs are winning and Manu isn't scoring much, he will not care, as he has stated that himself. So hopefully others can step up.

Others put up stats but their body language had conceded defeat as early as Game 1. Manu was still fighting through screens, clawing, diving on the floor, drawing charges, etc... that's really the only way he knows how to play... A play from a very winnable Game 3 against the GSW stood out for me... Danny Green or Mills clanged a three point attempt which bounced into Kyle's hands, he passed it back to LMA who was under the basket but LMA fumbled the ball, Curry steals it and literally runs it back all the way by himself - Ginobili was the only one trying to run after him, almost poking the ball out from behind... every other Spur on the court wore an exasperated face and conceded the fastbreak, LMA and Kyle just scowled at each other in disgust... When people ask why Manu is so beloved despite his flaws or gambles it's because of plays like this one. He literally leaves it all on the floor.

SAGirl
07-27-2017, 06:24 PM
Others put up stats but their body language had conceded defeat as early as Game 1. Manu was still fighting through screens, clawing, diving on the floor, drawing charges, etc... that's really the only way he knows how to play... A play from a very winnable Game 3 stood out for me... Danny Green or Mills clanged a three which bounced into Kyle's hands, he passed it back to LMA who was under the basket but LMA fumbled the ball, Curry steals it and literally runs it back all the way by himself - Ginobili was the only one trying to run after him, almost poking the ball out from behind... every other Spur on the court simply wore an exasperated face, LMA and Kyle just scowled at each other in disgust... When people ask why Manu is so beloved despite his flaws or gambles is because of plays like this one. He literally leaves it on the floor.
Again false narrative. Kyle diving on the floor game 4, 7 rebounds and 4 steals... Dijon 5 steals.. Simmons notably was the only guy to really show up in game 2 prompting Pop to say he was on an island and then there was everyone else... If you want to say Aldridge sucked, yes he did, but in no way was Manu the only one competing... and he certainly went missing for the better part of the two prior rounds. False narratives tbh...

Phenomanul
07-27-2017, 06:24 PM
In other words when healthy GINOBILI shows up when it matters most. He will go out swinging. That's all a fan can ask.

Phenomanul
07-27-2017, 06:41 PM
Explain to me how a 39 year old led the team in FTA for the whole series? Yes, Dejounte played like he was literally unleaded because he was. The steals were nice, as was his rebounding, but his head wasn't in the game... he led all Spurs players in turnovers despite playing only 87 minutes. Several key turnovers in Game 3 allowed the Warriors to run away with it.

I'm actually not trying to rag on Kyle because I feel he tried despite his athletic limitations. He just isn't a star player. Ginobili is no longer a star player either but he has been there before... so sometimes he can rewind the clock and play like one.

SAGirl
07-27-2017, 06:49 PM
Manu is a former star.. others get fouled and it doesn't necessarily get called. GSW gets away with murder often gambling for steals too. the bigs were pushed around with two hands in their backs and fouled sometimes and not called. Etc. I could cite stats... check them out if you want... but you won't care. It's false that Manu was the only one to show up.... AND he Went missing for the 2 prior rounds but yeah that doesn't count :td
Listen I am not shitting on Manu but he shat the bed for 5 games with 0% scoring and wouldn't get benched. He got as many chances as possible to wake up. The narrative he was the only one to show up is false and should the team depend on him too much they could be in trouble...

Pocho La Pantera
07-27-2017, 07:02 PM
Manu will show up if he's required, if not he'll just help the team by letting the youngers do their things.

Truth4sale$
07-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Manu is back for the most important job. The emotional soul of a team. Neither Kawhi, LMA or Tony can provide that all around "IT" factor. Sometimes it's just his play, the hustle, Kawhi can provide that hustle But not the vocal leadership. Sometimes you need to hear your leaders speak, you can get that from Tony, But he can't provide the hustle. That's what Manu brings, a combination of both...the "IT". That is why POP wanted him, needed him. That is why he will play and score more than 5 pts. Neither Murray, Paul or White are ready for a lot of minutes but Man's play and leadership in the first half of the season will help get them there as he passes the torch.

Phenomanul
07-28-2017, 01:43 AM
Manu is a former star.. others get fouled and it doesn't necessarily get called. GSW gets away with murder often gambling for steals too. the bigs were pushed around with two hands in their backs and fouled sometimes and not called. Etc. I could cite stats... check them out if you want... but you won't care. It's false that Manu was the only one to show up.... AND he Went missing for the 2 prior rounds but yeah that doesn't count :td
Listen I am not shitting on Manu but he shat the bed for 5 games with 0% scoring and wouldn't get benched. He got as many chances as possible to wake up. The narrative he was the only one to show up is false and should the team depend on him too much they could be in trouble...

For someone who claims they aren't "crapping" on Manu, your posts suggest otherwise. This goes back several seasons simply cause you feel Manu is to blame that he is above Kyle in the minutes pecking order and is somehow holding him back.

The reality is that Kyle has yet to break out... as a Spurs fan I sincerely hope that said breakout happens this upcoming season... the team surely needs it anywhere it can get it.

SAGirl
07-28-2017, 01:52 AM
For someone who claims they aren't "crapping" on Manu, your posts suggest otherwise. This goes back several seasons simply cause you feel Manu is to blame that he is above Kyle in the minutes pecking order and is somehow holding him back.

The reality is that Kyle has yet to break out... as a Spurs fan I sincerely hope that said breakout happens this upcoming season... the team surely needs it anywhere it can get it.

I realize ppl are opinionated and entitled to think whatever. It's been a long time since I tried to convince anyone of anything here, it's pointless. But Manu was absolutely not the only one who showed up in the playoffs... or against the warriors. If you don't like it fine. You are entitled to think whatever, but its' not true.

In fact maybe 3 games of the entire prior 2 series he really showed up and was impactful in. And he really only had a couple of good games in the warriors series, once Kawhi went down. If you aren't hoping some youngster can pick up his play and supply what he's going to be lacking at 40 I don't know what to think of you but delusional. Notice I mentioned Kyle bc he doesn't get credit here.. but he wansn't the only one. I am not a Jsimms fan but he showed up... and I think Dejounte was very impactful defensiely and competed as well as could be hoped of a 20 year old that spent a month and half prior to the postseason injured. The fact these guys outplayed Manu at times should show you how declined he is. none of those guys gets to stay in games if they keep mailing it in like Manu did for 5 games in a row.

spurs10
07-28-2017, 01:54 AM
Manu coming back will be extremely beneficial in this team's ability to bond and to their morale. He is a future Hall Of Fame(r) and a legend. How many people do you think shell out their hard earned money because of him. I spend a lot of money on tickets and I'm damn glad he's coming back. He is the soul of this team
:flag:

SAGirl
07-28-2017, 01:57 AM
Manu coming back will be extremely beneficial in this team's ability to bond and to their morale. He is a future Hall Of Fame(r) and a legend. How many people do you think shell out their hard earned money because of him. I spend a lot of money on tickets and I'm damn glad he's coming back. He is the soul of this team
:flag:

That I am fine with. I am also fine with a guy that stated and I quote:

Manu will show up if he's required, if not he'll just help the team by letting the youngers do their things. that was Pocho la Pantera a notable Manu fan.

Heck Nono... "the agent" has long acknoledged he's not the difference maker he used to be and thought he was due to retire when he looked done in that memphis series. that could be the Manu we get next season. I am not hoping that is the case... but the young players will need to step up and the team will be better if they do.

spurs10
07-28-2017, 02:11 AM
That I am fine with. I am also fine with a guy that stated and I quote:
that was Pocho la Pantera a notable Manu fan.

Heck Nono... "the agent" has long acknoledged he's not the difference maker he used to be and thought he was due to retire when he looked done in that memphis series. that could be the Manu we get next season. I am not hoping that is the case... but the young players will need to step up and the team will be better if they do. I think Manu will play a big part in the young player's growth. He will be an inspiration to them and teach them invaluable lessons in how to do this right. They are lucky to have a mentor of his stature.

spurs10
07-28-2017, 02:13 AM
P.S. Nono likely guilt tripped his 'client' into returning for another season! :toast

TheGreatYacht
07-28-2017, 03:20 AM
Again false narrative. Kyle diving on the floor game 4, 7 rebounds and 4 steals... Dijon 5 steals.. Simmons notably was the only guy to really show up in game 2 prompting Pop to say he was on an island and then there was everyone else... If you want to say Aldridge sucked, yes he did, but in no way was Manu the only one competing... and he certainly went missing for the better part of the two prior rounds. False narratives tbh...
Go easy on these Manuretards and their false narratives. Stats mean nothing to these idiots.

Ozballer
07-28-2017, 05:31 AM
What about the new taco named in honour of Manu? The "alzeimer"
:rollinThat's funny, I give you that one ...surely you'll use the packaging as wall paper at your place.

daledondale
07-28-2017, 07:19 AM
Listen I am not shitting on Manu but he shat the bed for 5 games with 0% scoring and wouldn't get benched. He got as many chances as possible to wake up. The narrative he was the only one to show up is false and should the team depend on him too much they could be in trouble...We're waiting the day that you admit your hidden Manu hate. We know you're a blind Kyle's homer and you're angry because Manu takes some minutes of your boyfriend. So, of course you can say what you want but when you talk about Manu, your comments are very biased.

Play Boban
07-28-2017, 08:31 AM
He's the cultural liaison between the Spurs and the Mexican community in San Antonio tbh.

hater
07-28-2017, 08:47 AM
In other words when healthy GINOBILI shows up when it matters most. He will go out swinging. That's all a fan can ask.

But on 40 year legs will that even be enought to make a difference in the playoffs??

Capt Bringdown
07-28-2017, 09:49 AM
Duncan and the Admiral knew when it was time to check out. Classy.
Robinson was many times more effective as a player at the end of his career compared to Manu, yet he chose to exit in style and grace.
I guess Manu is laughing all the way to the bank.

Phenomanul
07-28-2017, 10:08 AM
Duncan and the Admiral knew when it was time to check out. Classy.
Robinson was many times more effective as a player at the end of his career compared to Manu, yet he chose to exit in style and grace.
I guess Manu is laughing all the way to the bank.

A herniated vertebral disc will spur that decision...

Phenomanul
07-28-2017, 10:33 AM
I realize ppl are opinionated and entitled to think whatever. It's been a long time since I tried to convince anyone of anything here, it's pointless. But Manu was absolutely not the only one who showed up in the playoffs... or against the warriors. If you don't like it fine. You are entitled to think whatever, but its' not true.

In fact maybe 3 games of the entire prior 2 series he really showed up and was impactful in. And he really only had a couple of good games in the warriors series, once Kawhi went down. If you aren't hoping some youngster can pick up his play and supply what he's going to be lacking at 40 I don't know what to think of you but delusional. Notice I mentioned Kyle bc he doesn't get credit here.. but he wansn't the only one. I am not a Jsimms fan but he showed up... and I think Dejounte was very impactful defensiely and competed as well as could be hoped of a 20 year old that spent a month and half prior to the postseason injured. The fact these guys outplayed Manu at times should show you how declined he is. none of those guys gets to stay in games if they keep mailing it in like Manu did for 5 games in a row.

Look I don't care if you think the narrative about the GSW series is false. This isn't some personal beef, I think you are a good poster and contribute actual basketball takes to this site (unlike the cesspool of trolls who call this site home). But we will have to agree to disagree on your take of Manu's competencies and contributional potential.

I understand my argument in the GSW series is somewhat subjective but it's a direct observation of that "always gonna fight" attitude. Let's forget about the points, let's forget about the efficiciency... bluntly stated, a 39 year old should not be out-hustling the younger players. He should not lead the team in free throw attempts or charges drawn. Your excuse that somehow Manu got calls that the youngsters weren't getting doesn't pass the eye-test either. They were settling for jump shots when Manu was running like a bull to the basket. Running back to stop the fastbreak. Yes the GSW had more talent on the court, but Manu didn't care - some of the other guys were playing defeated or padding empty stats on the offensive side while showing less hustle on the defensive side... playing carelessly at times, not valuing each playoff possession. I still believe that if the Spurs would've won Game 3, Kawhi would've been allowed to suit up for Game 4. It was a winnable game and plays like the play I described in my previous post stood out as game changing. We kept giving them momentum every time they let the GSW out-hustle them on their home court, every time they had a mental lapse, every time we refused to match their physicality. The Spurs were bullied and collectively cowered. Ginobili, despite his many limitations refused to do so.

Again, I wanted every Spur on the court to perform well. And the only one who was really ticking me off was LMA. Due to his unwillingness to get physical, to show any signs of courage in the face of adversity - he was sulking and it was visible enough for everyone to see. The flip side of the argument was watching Ginobili up his relentlessness. Yes, Manu mightily struggled with his shot against the Grizzlies and against the Rockets - especially from the outside. The reality of his time on the court however was that he still contributed with assists, rebounding, steals and with hustle. Manu was being a pest even while his shot was broken. Also, given his exaggerated rep around here, he only had 12 turnovers across 15 playoff games. Lastly, despite his scoring struggles, Manu was only 8th in minutes played against the Grizz and 7th in minutes played against the Rockets. His presence wasn't holding anyone back but his contributions were still needed.

Horse
07-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Not in round 1 and 2 tbqh

Round 3 yes. But we got swept :cry

He saved our ass that one Memphis game. And did you already forget "The Block"?

Prose
07-28-2017, 02:09 PM
haven't you learned anything...regualar season means nothing...and if he gets to the playoffs healthy he is still weapon...your telling me the cavs wouldnt have taken manu vs the warriors in the finals over shumpart or dick jefferson

SAGirl
07-28-2017, 02:12 PM
We're waiting the day that you admit your hidden Manu hate. We know you're a blind Kyle's homer and you're angry because Manu takes some minutes of your boyfriend. So, of course you can say what you want but when you talk about Manu, your comments are very biased.

ok.
I am not going to say anything else about the subject bc I already said enough and I need not repeat what I said.
See anyone criticizing anything about Manu gets branded a hater. I only expressed objection to references that he was the only one to show up in the playoffs when Kawhi got injured. That isn't true.
Now the manu fandom took offense to that. and that is that.

SAGirl
07-28-2017, 02:14 PM
Look I don't care if you think the narrative about the GSW series is false. This isn't some personal beef, I think you are a good poster and contribute actual basketball takes to this site (unlike the cesspool of trolls who call this site home). But we will have to agree to disagree on your take of Manu's competencies and contributional potential.

I understand my argument in the GSW series is somewhat subjective but it's a direct observation of that "always gonna fight" attitude. Let's forget about the points, let's forget about the efficiciency... bluntly stated, a 39 year old should not be out-hustling the younger players. He should not lead the team in free throw attempts or charges drawn. Your excuse that somehow Manu got calls that the youngsters weren't getting doesn't pass the eye-test either. They were settling for jump shots when Manu was running like a bull to the basket. Running back to stop the fastbreak. Yes the GSW had more talent on the court, but Manu didn't care - some of the other guys were playing defeated or padding empty stats on the offensive side while showing less hustle on the defensive side... playing carelessly at times, not valuing each playoff possession. I still believe that if the Spurs would've won Game 3, Kawhi would've been allowed to suit up for Game 4. It was a winnable game and plays like the play I described in my previous post stood out as game changing. We kept giving them momentum every time they let the GSW out-hustle them on their home court, every time they had a mental lapse, every time we refused to match their physicality. The Spurs were bullied and collectively cowered. Ginobili, despite his many limitations refused to do so.

Again, I wanted every Spur on the court to perform well. And the only one who was really ticking me off was LMA. Due to his unwillingness to get physical, to show any signs of courage in the face of adversity - he was sulking and it was visible enough for everyone to see. The flip side of the argument was watching Ginobili up his relentlessness. Yes, Manu mightily struggled with his shot against the Grizzlies and against the Rockets - especially from the outside. The reality of his time on the court however was that he still contributed with assists, rebounding, steals and with hustle. Manu was being a pest even while his shot was broken. Also, given his exaggerated rep around here, he only had 12 turnovers across 15 playoff games. Lastly, despite his scoring struggles, Manu was only 8th in minutes played against the Grizz and 7th in minutes played against the Rockets. His presence wasn't holding anyone back but his contributions were still needed.

I respect that you are fan and will have your subjective view about your hero. Manu did compete... I never said he didn't, but he wasn't the only one. I will stop it here bc it's not leading anywhere to keep stating the same thing. This subject came out of a troll thread by the way. will he average more than 5 ppg. I think he will bc his 3 pt shot has been solid. It also depends how often he's playing and how many minutes, and whether others are picking up their play or not. As you said, Manu's value is not just scoring at this point. He won't score much if he doesn't have to. I am not the kind of fan who only values the PPG ... would I be a KA fan if that was all that mattered to me? No.

tholdren
07-28-2017, 02:57 PM
7ppg

Blake
07-28-2017, 03:51 PM
He could average 0.5 ppg and shoot t shirts into the crowd for all I care. As long as he's there.

Pocho La Pantera
07-29-2017, 09:49 AM
He could average 0.5 ppg and shoot t shirts into the crowd for all I care. As long as he's there. jajaj, this

Play Boban
07-29-2017, 09:33 PM
Ginoboner.

spurs10
07-29-2017, 10:05 PM
He could average 0.5 ppg and shoot t shirts into the crowd for all I care. As long as he's there.
This! Maybe shoot bats out of the air with the t shirt gun!?

E20
07-31-2017, 11:34 AM
Nice. Manu averaging over 5 PPG will be the key determining factor whether the Spurs win the title next year.